Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 315524 times)

Offline bigguy132l

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
I did all that, and it still isn't working.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
Hmmmm... maybe you should try and download the files again? Maybe something is wrong with your dowloads some how?

EDIT
Or maybe this will help you too:

Okay I think I fixed the problem.  http://imageshack.us/f/204/fixedo.png/

but, loaded the game and there was still no saved game for Union Cove.  ???

Edit: wait! I just took the Union Cove out of the ucepsave folder and put it directly into saves. Cross your fingers and pray this works!

Edit: IT WORKED!! Woohoo haha it took long enough  ::)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

chloel

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »
The pizza delivery man never came to my house anymore when I'm playing UC. And when I went to the art gallery and went up the roof (balcony) using the spiral staircase, my sims can't get down.
Apart from that UC is the best world I've played so far. Hopefully, we'll get a showtime update soon.

Thanx.

Offline Yelli Elli

• Nooboo
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:57 PM »
Hi, I'm having a problem installing Union Cove. I have a Mac-book pro and I have the Pets, Late Night and Generations expansion packs. When I go to hit the link, all I get is a page of funny looking word-symbols. I tried right clicking but I didn't get the option to "save file as".  I tried both links and neither worked. I'm the first to admit I'm pretty computer dumb, so any help would be great. thanks! :D

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
I can't create household in Union Cove once I go to pick the clothing the game freezes. Can anyone help with this issue! I have really been looking forward to playing there but can't it's quite upsetting! I uninstalled and reinstalled Union Cove hoping that would help but it didn't. I had just done a complete uninstall and reinstall right before downloading it the first time! I am on a Mac if that matters?
Edited: Ok I can't play existing household either they freeze while loading?

Yelli Elli when you click the download link it should show up at the top or bottom that it is downloading! Hope that helps you!

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
I thought this would be the place to look. I've heard a lot of good things about Union Cove and searched the forum for "Union  cove" but can't for the life of me find where to download it from.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2012, 03:32:30 AM »
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php

^ A direct link to the download page. Install the full file if you have ALL EPs and install the save file if you don't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »
Cool. Thanks.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Phoenix422

• Nooboo
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
I now have UC to where it loads without a problem, but if I try to place any ST lots, when I save I get error code 12.  Is it possible somehow to play UC with at least some of the show lots, or will I just need to wait for the update?

Offline Dr Trevers

• Nooboo
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »
        I just completed complete reinstall of the game and I am having trouble installing UC.  I have patched all the expansions and base game and installed Riverview, etc.  I only have WA, Ambitions, Late night, and Generations so i downloaded UC and the save game for it.  After unzipping both I can click on UC and it sends it to my downloads folder but in the installer when I go to install UC I am not able.  The installer has its status as disabled because it says it requires a product that doesn't seem to be installed.  Is there any way to manually install UC outside of the sims installer?  I don't have any problems playing the game in other worlds so I'm at a loss trying to figure out what I may need to play UC.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »
The pizza delivery man never came to my house anymore when I'm playing UC. And when I went to the art gallery and went up the roof (balcony) using the spiral staircase, my sims can't get down.
Apart from that UC is the best world I've played so far. Hopefully, we'll get a showtime update soon.

Thanx.

Not shore about pizza guy but gallery is fixed now with Showtime update. Thank you very much chloel:)

Hi, I'm having a problem installing Union Cove. I have a Mac-book pro and I have the Pets, Late Night and Generations expansion packs. When I go to hit the link, all I get is a page of funny looking word-symbols. I tried right clicking but I didn't get the option to "save file as".  I tried both links and neither worked. I'm the first to admit I'm pretty computer dumb, so any help would be great. thanks! :D

Near the bottom of this page in the guide there are 2 links for the world and for the saved file. When I click on those links, I get the window pop up asking if I want to save or open that file. Links are near the bottom of the page, blue letters saying "Click here" to download this world and ...download "this saved file". Can you give me more information about what you are trying to click and what is happening?

I can't create household in Union Cove once I go to pick the clothing the game freezes. Can anyone help with this issue! I have really been looking forward to playing there but can't it's quite upsetting! I uninstalled and reinstalled Union Cove hoping that would help but it didn't. I had just done a complete uninstall and reinstall right before downloading it the first time! I am on a Mac if that matters?
Edited: Ok I can't play existing household either they freeze while loading?

Yelli Elli when you click the download link it should show up at the top or bottom that it is downloading! Hope that helps you!

Mom Of Many, sorry to say but it looks like your processor can't handle UC very well. Lowering the settings might make it easier for your PC but it will probably be hard for it to run. What are your PC spec?

I now have UC to where it loads without a problem, but if I try to place any ST lots, when I save I get error code 12.  Is it possible somehow to play UC with at least some of the show lots, or will I just need to wait for the update?

Here is a topic with some tips to avoid Error 12. I think it is associated with RAM usage and UC is taking more than 2GB or RAM that is usually asigned to the game. There are some workarounds for that if you have more than 2GB or RAM.

I just completed complete reinstall of the game and I am having trouble installing UC.  I have patched all the expansions and base game and installed Riverview, etc.  I only have WA, Ambitions, Late night, and Generations so i downloaded UC and the save game for it.  After unzipping both I can click on UC and it sends it to my downloads folder but in the installer when I go to install UC I am not able.  The installer has its status as disabled because it says it requires a product that doesn't seem to be installed.  Is there any way to manually install UC outside of the sims installer?  I don't have any problems playing the game in other worlds so I'm at a loss trying to figure out what I may need to play UC.

If you disabled installer, how do you install store stuff or other downloades? Why would you disable installer? Can you enable it to install the world, then disable it again?

Offline Dr Trevers

• Nooboo
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »
I'm sorry, my post wasn't very clear.  After I unzip UC and the save game for UC  I double click on UC and it fails to install.  When I open the Sims 3 launcher and look at my downloads UC is there.  The option to install isn't given to me and there is a disabled symbol in the status column.  When I mouse over the status the message says that UC requires a product that doesn't seem to be installed on my computer and UC will be disabled.  I'm not sure that I'm missing anything because I can play the game in all the original worlds fine.  I'm not using any mods for the game.

Offline KarliReign

• Nooboo
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
Cheers, everyone - thanks for such a terrific site! 

I'm having the same problem as Dr. Trevers, so I did a S3 factory reset & tried again with the same results. (Specs:  S3 version 1.36.45.017001, no expansions, no cc, no mods.  Windows 7 64-bit,  Intel [email protected], 16GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2GB Video Card, plenty of free HDD space.)

Here's exactly what I did:  I d/l both the UC & ucsave zip files from this site to my desktop.  I extracted UC to the S3 downloads folder & double-clicked to install.  Then I extracted ucsave to the S3 saves folder. Photos:

UC in Downloads folder:

ucsave in Saves folder:

ucsave (expanded)

When I open the S3 launcher, here's what I see:

I've also tried double-clicking UC directly from within the zip file, but S3 launcher completely freezes after it opens.

This may be a dumb question, but is UC not compatible with S3 version 1.36? 

At any rate, is there something I'm doing wrong?  Is there a way to install UC without using the S3 launcher?

Thanks so much for any assistance, and again, thanks for such an invaluable site!  :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »
Hi KarliReign, welcome to the forum!

Patch level for UC is 1.33 so no reason not to be compatible with 1.36 version.
Your PC config is awesome btw.
With extended research on this topic, it seems that this problem appears because EA didn't code something from EP Pets to be replaced, so they disable the installation of the whole world - thanks to Carl for this find.
We are working on tracking down what is that from Pets creating a problem and hope to fix it soon if possible.

Thanks for clear explanation, it was very helpful.
Anushka

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »
I downloaded Union Cove and the save file. I'm patched fully, and have the first four EPs and no SPs. However, the launcher says that it can't install Union Cove because it requires a product that isn't installed on my computer (pretty much the launcher's words). Is this supposed to happen? And is there a fix?