Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312132 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
I downloaded Union Cove and the save file. I'm patched fully, and have the first four EPs and no SPs. However, the launcher says that it can't install Union Cove because it requires a product that isn't installed on my computer (pretty much the launcher's words). Is this supposed to happen? And is there a fix?

See Anushka's Post above your one, she knows what the problem is just not what is causing it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2012, 07:48:21 AM »
See Anushka's Post above your one, she knows what the problem is just not what is causing it.

I need to stop posting late at night/overestimating my reading comprehension skills. :P

Aw, I have to wait to get it fixed? This saddens me a bit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
I've just downloaded Union Cove and have found one place where I think there was a celebrity gate that's turned into wall (a community lot that I'm guessing is an exclusive club near the dynasty lot).  Are there any other Late Night gates/doors that I need to delete or replace as a non-Late Night player?  (There was a very hungry townie who was determined to get in through the wall :) .)

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did a 'find' on 'Late Night' and 'celebrity' but may have missed something.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2012, 06:43:22 AM »
Unfortunally we don't really have a list of objects used in UC from different EP's. You are right that is exclusive lounge and really don't know about possible routing issues made by automatic replace of missing objects might be caused. Find it really strange that game didn't replace that gate with another gate but instead created a problem.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:25 AM »
Unfortunally we don't really have a list of objects used in UC from different EP's. You are right that is exclusive lounge and really don't know about possible routing issues made by automatic replace of missing objects might be caused. Find it really strange that game didn't replace that gate with another gate but instead created a problem.

While the lot was loading there was a sort of 'ghost' gate that then disappeared when it was fully loaded.  It looked to be 4 squares wide, while the normal gates are only 1 or 2 squares, so maybe the game decided it didn't have a suitable replacement and just deleted the gate, leaving wall.  I put in 2 normal gates instead but it looked a bit silly.  I think I might just delete that section of wall instead.

It's a beautiful town and I really want to play in it properly but I think I'd better play a test game or two to see if there are any other issues like this.  I'll let you know.

Offline Cassi

• Nooboo
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
To add to Ratchie's post on page 1, removing big houses also helps on the saving time. I was originally going to post about my game taking 10 mins to save but! Ratchie has helped! I got it down to 5 mins which is still to long for me :P but anyway.

The other thing I wanted to mention is sort of a problem... The "Mod Hill" I believe is not an actual road so I couldn't place some 40x40 because it said "can't place on un-routable terrain". If it's not too much trouble I was wondering if it could be replaced by an actual road say the next update for Supernatural? If it's just me then I rest my case ;) I know it's kind of a personal request but I'd like to be able to place smaller lots on that road and be connected to it.
Thanks

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »
Okay I do not know if this is truly a Union Cove issue, but since that is the town I am using currently, I thought it was best to start here. Every time I minimize my game, it freezes when I open it back up. I just got back from Egypt and not only did it freeze when it went back to neighborhood, it didn't save my progress in Egypt!

I just did a factory restore of my entire laptop. On Thursday I believe it was. I have all SP and EP. I installed the version 2 if Union Cove on Saturday. The Sims is the only thing I have installed outside what was on it when I took it out box.

4MB RAM
Windows 7
No mods or CC just downloads from store purchase history.

If this not the right thread, and /or if there's another, please redirect me. Thanks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
The other thing I wanted to mention is sort of a problem... The "Mod Hill" I believe is not an actual road so I couldn't place some 40x40 because it said "can't place on un-routable terrain". If it's not too much trouble I was wondering if it could be replaced by an actual road say the next update for Supernatural? If it's just me then I rest my case ;) I know it's kind of a personal request but I'd like to be able to place smaller lots on that road and be connected to it.
Thanks

I believe the message about un-routable terrain doesn't have to do with having an actual road or not. You can place a lot anywhere and it doesn't have to be connected to a road. Sims will just drive to it as close as they can and then run to the lot. I thought un-routable terrain was very steep terrain or something.

@PlatnumDymnd
I don't think it is a Union Cove issue. 4 MB RAM is not that much for The Sims 3, especially on a laptop and with all EP's and SP's. Plus UC can ask a bit much. Have you tried other worlds?
UC has version 3 now by the way, but if you downloaded it recently you should have 3 instead of 2.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
@PlatnumDymnd
I don't think it is a Union Cove issue. 4 MB RAM is not that much for The Sims 3, especially on a laptop and with all EP's and SP's. Plus UC can ask a bit much. Have you tried other worlds?
UC has version 3 now by the way, but if you downloaded it recently you should have 3 instead of 2.

I feek so computer illiterate right now. Of course I did not try other worlds. That just makes too much sense. :o I simply panicked and ran to the forum.

How much RAM would you recommend? Especially with Seasons coming out soon.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
I feek so computer illiterate right now. Of course I did not try other worlds. That just makes too much sense. :o I simply panicked and ran to the forum.

How much RAM would you recommend? Especially with Seasons coming out soon.

The Sims 3 Supernatural requires 1GB for XP, 1.5GB for Vista and Windows 7 and 2GB for Mac Users. Although this is off topic so if you want to discuss more about specifications you should start a new thread in this board.  :)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
Sorry Thomas. I was moreso asking about how much more I need to run Union Cove especially with the next EP soon to come. Odie mentioned that UC us very demanding.  :D

My apologies I should have been more specific. *Bad Platnum*

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »
Sorry Thomas. I was moreso asking about how much more I need to run Union Cove especially with the next EP soon to come. Odie mentioned that UC us very demanding.  :D

My apologies I should have been more specific. *Bad Platnum*

I think it was created on a 4GB Ram computer. I know that I have 4GB and it runs okay on medium settings. It really does depend on the computer though.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
@ PlatnumDymnd - if you started a new thread tell me and I'll answer there or you can PM me if you want my opion. I've done some research about this myself lately. I think this subject also came up in this thread earlier, so you can check there too.
I also had a laptop with 4 GB and couldn't do all I expected. Thomas is right, it depends very much on the computer you have. There might be something you can adjust though.

Btw I didn't say UC is very demanding, I said it can ask a bit much ;)  (that too might be changeable btw)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
Btw I didn't say UC is very demanding, I said it can ask a bit much ;)  (that too might be changeable btw)

You are so funny Odie. Potato potato.  ;D

I did take your advice. I tried a family in Moonlight Falls and sent Bailey Swain to China and she came back just fine. And right now I have the game minimized to come to the forum. Let me see if it let's me back in...

Yes, it did. I'm going to attempt it now with my custom family and see if it works. Should I try another world too? I don't know how many test one does. My game has never had these kinds of issues before. I really hope it's something fixable since I kind of like it in UC.

EDIT: Odie the thread is here

EDIT2: Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I was able to rule out the issue being UC or any of the other worlds. Yippie! The bad news is that I think it's something to do with my family I created because it only freezes when I am playing that family. Sad  :'(. So I'm back to searching threads again. And testing different things.

Offline a_punker

• Nooboo
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
hi... I am also unable to install UC from the launcher. I only have Sims3 and Ambitions, no more updates are apparently available.

- downloaded Union Cove.Sims3pack to C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\
- downloaded Union Cove Start.Sims3 to C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\

Start the Launcher (or double click on Union Cove.Sims3pack), I can see Union Cove in Downloads, but the Install button is always greyed out.
The icon in front of the name Union Cove is like a small brown cardboard box.

I can't really get past this... HELP!