Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312118 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
As you don't have all the Expansion Packs you need to download the save file and place it in your Saves Folder.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline a_punker

• Nooboo
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
thankyou for your reply Samoht... i think my problem is a step before this though, i can't get the download to install. It should be listed under Installed Content section of the Launcher  right? I see UC in Downloads, but Install is greyed out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
You have the same problem as I do.  You've downloaded UC, and the Save game ,
But you can't get UC to install, right?

Somewhere, Pets was blamed for this. Apparently it doesn't work at all without pets.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline a_punker

• Nooboo
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »
aww man... can anyone uninstall Pets to test this?

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »
aww man... can anyone uninstall Pets to test this?

On the previous page of this thread Anuska has already answered this:

With extended research on this topic, it seems that this problem appears because EA didn't code something from EP Pets to be replaced, so they disable the installation of the whole world - thanks to Carl for this find.
We are working on tracking down what is that from Pets creating a problem and hope to fix it soon if possible.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »
Okay when it comes to technical stuff you need to explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old. Is that saying that till further notice if you do not have the pets EP installed you cannot run Union Cove?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »
Yes. Until it is fixed, or until you get Pets, you cannot run Union Cove.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline a_punker

• Nooboo
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2012, 09:03:54 AM »
ok I can confirm this too.
My daughter wanted to play pets, so i downloaded it and added that on. I could immediately install UC from the downloads tab of the launcher.
The savegame works fine and the world seems to operate.

It IS a massive world and takes double the time to load, lots of the objects (maybe because pets is new too) start off all white models and eventually get a surface texture.

Its Lovely! err now to take riding lessons

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:04 AM »
I'm on a brand-new iMac. 3.4GHz i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, plenty of drive space. But... I can't play in Union Cove with the Sweet Treats pack installed. The game chokes and dies. It's only Union Cove, mind you, all the other towns are fine. I can play with Diesel, but not Sweet Dreams. I haven't yet been able to test if the town will work with Sweet Treats and Diesel.

An update: Union Cove is incompatible with Sweet Treats and with Supernatural. Both of these automatically attempt to place new community lots, so this might well be the problem.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2012, 05:46:43 AM »
I don't know whether this is to do with Union Cove itself, but my current family seems to be having problems with stairs in Knollwood house. When they are upstairs, I have to use moveobjects to get them back down again as when they get to the bottom of the stairs, they just turn around and go back up the stairs. Then the action disappears.

Also, when someone does the laundry, they are downstairs when the appliances are upstairs.

Finally, I can see some of my sims through the ceiling when they are asleep upstairs. Not a big problem but it is still annoying. I do apologise if this is in the wrong thread but I am still new to the forum.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Amathyst

• Nooboo
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
I'm having an issue with Union Cove as well. Every time I install it the Sims 3 Dashboard states that it conflicts with my mods. It shouldn't because I have downloaded other worlds/neighborhoods that do just fine. It says the "neighborhood (world)" is corrupted and the other files conflict. :( Not sure what to do. I use Twallan's Mods, but I do not see any reason why they would conflict.

Offline Amathyst

• Nooboo
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »
I just saw Whitewings post and that maybe be part of the problem. I have all EPs and all of the SPs except Sweet Treats. So if this is conflicting with Supernatural then that may be an issue as well.

Offline smorsgabord

• Nooboo
« Reply #222 on: October 22, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
I wonder if someone could help me?  I downloaded UC yesterday and have come across the same issue with saving the game a few times.  It either takes forever to save or it doesnt and it keeps spinning round whilst saying 'saving'.  Is this a problem anyone else is having and is there something I can do to change the speed of it?  I am considering just pressing save and quit when I am finished with the game rather than periodically saving but im worried it might crash  :-\

Anyu help will be appreciated :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »
I wonder if someone could help me?  I downloaded UC yesterday and have come across the same issue with saving the game a few times.  It either takes forever to save or it doesnt and it keeps spinning round whilst saying 'saving'.  Is this a problem anyone else is having and is there something I can do to change the speed of it?  I am considering just pressing save and quit when I am finished with the game rather than periodically saving but im worried it might crash  :-\

Anyu help will be appreciated :)
Union Cove is described as being a monster to play because of all the detail. Lowering your settings, especially the graphics, will help a bit. Just wait and be patient. Don't overload the system or it will crash!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline smorsgabord

• Nooboo
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
Thanks bubbles but that didn't help either :(

anything