Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312264 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
I ended up using the "Program Files (86x)" version of the file. New problem though- now I can't use "New Game" when I own all of the expansions required. Do we have an answer for this or is this something new that we don't know about? I'm going to have a go using the save for the time being, though.

The same happened to me, so I uninstalled it and now everything works fine again. I guess I just need to play without UC untill this is fixed. Even trying to reinstall it doesn't help. :(

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
Where is this file suppose to be placed? I tried "worlds" (or what ever that is called) and it is not showing in my game? What am I doing wrong or where should this download go - Yes I am a Senior with more Senior Moments every day LOL!
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
I'm not very technical nor have I downloaded the new UC yet as I have yet to play Sims since Christmas but UC has it's own technical thread where you may be able to find your answer or someone who knows there in the technical board. I will merge your thread with that one and I suggest you read the last few pages as that will be the most likely place to find your answer. Good luck with getting it to work! :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2013, 01:05:01 PM »
Thanks samoht04 - I will check the tech forums for info - I had no idea where to put this question so figured General would be a good start.
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »
And as to my issue, I simply can't play UC Seasons.  I can edit town as much as I want or build/buy, but it freezes in play mode.  So I decided to uninstall it and go back to the older version.  I was able to play the older version for hours (like way longer than I probably should have--once I looked up and realized I'd been playing for 6 hours! Yikes!) and I was able to play on high settings.

So I took out UC Seasons and redownloaded and reinstalled the "old" version of UC and now it won't play either.  Same problem of game freezing in play mode.  I tried lowering settings, too.  Still freezes in play mode within 5 minutes.  I wonder if it is possible it is conflicting with a mod or cc?  But why wouldn't it have done that before?  The only new mod I have is the no CD mod. 

I'm really sad, because this is my favorite world, and I got hooked on it, and now looks like I'm simply not going to be able to play it at all. :-\

Anna33

« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
I have now installed union cove!  ;D
But, what keeps happening is everttime I open the sims 3 game launcher UC does not show up on installed content so I have to install it again from the downloads thing on the launcher, is this meant to happen or...?

Offline chicagonative

• Nooboo
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »
Hello,

I installed UC for the first time today, and it says "Union Cove Seasons" on it. I have every expansion/stuff pack. It says it is installed in the launcher, though I have now installed it about 4 times. However, when I try to start a new game, it does not show up in the drop menu where you pick your town. I do not see any saved games, either. Any reason why it wouldn't show up at all?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but 11 pages is a lot to sift through.

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
@ chicagonative
Have you done the workaround fo installing the world as explained on this page under "Installing UC Seasons"?

@ Anna33
Allthough installed, I see the same thing in my launcher. I actually have tried to install several times myself, untill I knew about the workaround ;)
Now the launcher still says it is uninstalled, but I can play the world just fine. I am thinking this will probably be resolved when the workarounds are not necessary anymore.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline iiDesiRe

• Nooboo
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2013, 12:34:02 PM »
I really need help with the Union Cove. I have followed the instructions correctly and it is in my drop down list to select a world, the problem I'm having is a message that pops up which is basically saying restart the application? Well I have restarted the launcher, then that didn't work so I restarted my laptop and it still comes up with the same massage! Can anybody help please?

Thanks
iiDesiRe

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »
If I am correct, the new patch, 1.47, states, that worlds can now be downloaded correctly with resaving.  So, I am going to try UC again.  I want to play that world in the worst way, but just cannot get it downloaded, so maybe with the new patch it will work, crossing fingers. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2013, 02:47:18 PM »
I uploaded the new patch, and now can get into my Union Cove saved file the same as any other file.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
I uploaded the new patch, and now can get into my Union Cove saved file the same as any other file.

Yep, me too :)
I just had to reinstall the world from the launcher and it worked.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
Does this mean we can now download it like any other world or do we still have to take the extra steps to get the Seasons part right?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Does this mean we can now download it like any other world or do we still have to take the extra steps to get the Seasons part right?

I don't really know what you mean by the Seasons part, but I have installed the world without the save file. It kept showing up in my laucher that it was not installed. After the patch I just installed it again from my launcher and it works like it should. Oh wait, but of course I already had changed the package file into a world file and copied that to the specified folder... Maybe you're talking about that. Ok, that I don't know, sorry. Saving does work now.
(then I should uninstall the world and try it the regular way, but I don't feel like doing that now. Don't want to risk screwing things up, since I am so happy that this finally works...)

Edit: Everything works! And Carl already deleted the workaround instructions from the download page :)

Offline pat437

• Nooboo
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »
There is a serious bug on one of the residences.

At York's house, the spiral staircase is unusable by the sims to walk down. Once they are up, they are stuck there for good...

I'm unable to edit the lot because sims are inside.

Help pls?

anything