Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312133 times)

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2013, 02:20:19 AM »
There is a serious bug on one of the residences.

At York's house, the spiral staircase is unusable by the sims to walk down. Once they are up, they are stuck there for good...

I'm unable to edit the lot because sims are inside.

Help pls?

If you know the Sims' names you could use the resetSim 'cheat'.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline pat437

• Nooboo
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
If you know the Sims' names you could use the resetSim 'cheat'.

I solved the issue by evicting the family off the lot and editing the lot.

Note to self: Spiral staircase cannot have a railing immediately beside the stairs. There need to be at least an open square by side of the exit/entrance.

To fix: Just broaden the platform by 1 square row on the second floor.

Sorry for being too fast to post the issue up when I could have edited it myself, I just wasn't very familiar. Anyway, whoever is playing this wonderful world could take note too. :)

A side issue: If there was another visitor sim in the house when I evicted the family, my hopeful guess is he will just be reseted into his own residence and not disappear from the world forever, am I right...? I would hate to lose that sim... haha

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
It is good that yu posted your solution. Might come in handy for us :)
Your visitor sim will be dropped right outside the lot you adjust I believe. They won't be gone, that's for sure.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
One small problem that I've noticed is that the pets appear as silhouettes in the family pictures. In-game they're fine, their icons are fine, just in the family pictures are they silhouettes. It's a bit strange.  ???

Edit: This only seems to be affecting some of the households, not all of them.

And another thing: Some of the custom names aren't appearing on the buildings in Live Mode (I can see them in Edit Town mode, though) and the Arboretum seems to have overwritten the cemetery, making it hard to find. (by overwritten, I mean that the label for the Arboretum appears instead of the label for the cemetery)

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21:33 PM »
And another thing: Some of the custom names aren't appearing on the buildings in Live Mode (I can see them in Edit Town mode, though) and the Arboretum seems to have overwritten the cemetery, making it hard to find. (by overwritten, I mean that the label for the Arboretum appears instead of the label for the cemetery)

I noticed the same thing with the Arboretum/cemetary. Maybe it's because they're now 'combined'?
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline KoudeNatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2013, 02:30:12 AM »
Everything works! And Carl already deleted the workaround instructions from the download page :)
I have been trying to install it, I have all the EPs and SPs, but it does not show up in the world list when I try to start a new game.
Since the admin deleted the workaround instructions form the download page, and this is my first time trying this world. Could somebody tell me what this said 'workaround' was? So I can try it and se if it works.
I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
I have been trying to install it, I have all the EPs and SPs, but it does not show up in the world list when I try to start a new game.
Since the admin deleted the workaround instructions form the download page, and this is my first time trying this world. Could somebody tell me what this said 'workaround' was? So I can try it and se if it works.
I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
You really shouldn't need any workaround anymore. Are you sure you installed it correctly?
Does it show up in your folder similar to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KoudeNatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »
Does it show up in your folder similar to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds ?

Thanks for the reply :)
Yes it does appear there, but it still does not let me choose it on the main menu. I also tryied the save file but it won't let me play it either.
I have cleaned the cache too but it simply does not work xd.
So the workaround thing is my last option, I think :P

Thanks ~

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
Since it shows up in the folder InstalledWorlds, it is installed correctly.
The workaround was needed because it really wouldn't install. So your problem is different.
When you are in the main menu of the game and want to choose a world for a new game, can you scroll down?
UC could be the very last world on that list (since it's alphabetical) and if you have many worlds installed, you might not see it straight away.

Offline KoudeNatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »
When you are in the main menu of the game and want to choose a world for a new game, can you scroll down?
UC could be the very last world on that list (since it's alphabetical) and if you have many worlds installed, you might not see it straight away.

I actually read that too in the forums and deleted two of my custom worlds installed, since I can't scroll down. I did it so it will have more space to show me the world but it doesn'tt... I don't know what it is, really lol.

Thanks again :)

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:22 AM »
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know... I have UC seasons updated and installed correctly, but there are definitely some issues with Showtime stuff. I've had it with more than one game, so I can verify it's not just my sim. Many of the proprieters are bugged, and I have to introduce myself before I can join the acrobat career. Doing so causes the sim to 'freeze' for an indefinite amount of time, and I have to cancel it. Additionally, the park proprieter keeps not showing up as 'there' with a mod I use that allows me to see where people are located. I think it may be her more than anything that's buggered up. The showtime stage at Hogan's is also missing.

Not trying to nitpick, but if more than I am having the same problems, then at least you know it's a pattern rather than a one off. :D
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline Xahk

• Nooboo
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2013, 10:43:10 PM »
Just to let you guys know, the seasons festival lot does not have music by the dance floor so my Sims couldn't actually use it until I edited the lot.

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
Do you need to have the Supernaturals EP to play this world?  I ask because I downloaded the version that does not require all the EPs, and I have a lot of community lots that don't have names and that say (no visitors allowed).  This includes the supermarket and the bookstore, which is an issue.  I do have Season, but not Supernaturals.  Thanks!

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »
Hi, I'm having a rough time with Union Cove (Seasons). I just did a factory reset and have all EP's, some stuff packs, no CC. It loads, but as soon as I try to move a sim in and actually play a lot, it crashes. My game settings are the lowest they go, fully patched, I have 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6700 graphics, absolute minimum background processes. I've played this size world before, with higher graphic settings.

Anything else I might not have thought of? I'd really like to play Baby Boomer IV in Union Cove.  :(

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know... I have UC seasons updated and installed correctly, but there are definitely some issues with Showtime stuff. I've had it with more than one game, so I can verify it's not just my sim. Many of the proprieters are bugged, and I have to introduce myself before I can join the acrobat career. Doing so causes the sim to 'freeze' for an indefinite amount of time, and I have to cancel it. Additionally, the park proprieter keeps not showing up as 'there' with a mod I use that allows me to see where people are located. I think it may be her more than anything that's buggered up. The showtime stage at Hogan's is also missing.

Not trying to nitpick, but if more than I am having the same problems, then at least you know it's a pattern rather than a one off. :D

Is the problem with propriators specific to UC or it happen in other worlds too? Would love to solve things like that so thank you for noting down the issues we may be able to solve. For bugged propriators - I am not sure if it is possible to do much as they are generated by the game and not premade by us.

Just to let you guys know, the seasons festival lot does not have music by the dance floor so my Sims couldn't actually use it until I edited the lot.

Thank you for noting that :)

Do you need to have the Supernaturals EP to play this world?  I ask because I downloaded the version that does not require all the EPs, and I have a lot of community lots that don't have names and that say (no visitors allowed).  This includes the supermarket and the bookstore, which is an issue.  I do have Season, but not Supernaturals.  Thanks!

It is strange that supermarket and bookstore are not showing up as they were not changed from the first release of the game - before any of the EP's you mention were released. I would suggest you download latest one, and start a game from saved file. Some things will be changed without Supernaturals (no Arboretum in graveyard, no elixir register in Open market, and no Gypsy Wagon in Dog's Park) but nothing significant like you mentioned.

Hi, I'm having a rough time with Union Cove (Seasons). I just did a factory reset and have all EP's, some stuff packs, no CC. It loads, but as soon as I try to move a sim in and actually play a lot, it crashes. My game settings are the lowest they go, fully patched, I have 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6700 graphics, absolute minimum background processes. I've played this size world before, with higher graphic settings.

Anything else I might not have thought of? I'd really like to play Baby Boomer IV in Union Cove.  :(
I would suggest to try DEP setting, and if that doesn't work go trough this check list.

I hope it helps.