Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 118124 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 38-- Toddler Style
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 09:07:46 PM »
The next few days are filled with toddler time.

Pollyanna learning to walk. She's very serious about it.

Samantha and Crewe learning to talk in the playpen.

Dee: "What's wrong Sasha? You look a bit upset."

Sasha: "Not upset, just wondering if I shouldn't be teaching the kids to talk myself."

Dee: "You could if you want, but your maternity leave is almost up. I thought you'd rather let them learn their toddler skills with the walker and playpen and have the extra time for play and snuggles."

Sasha: "When you put it that way, that makes me feel better about it!"

Dee: "Glad I could help."

And speaking of play time, Crew and Samantha take a break to enjoy a game of peek-a-boo!

We hear cries from the kid's room and see that Pollyanna  is getting frustrated with the peg box.

Dee: "It works better if you don't sit in the box sweetie."

Pollyanna: "Lev 'lone. Do it my way!"

Dee:*Thinking* That insane trait she got from Sasha is already kicking in.*

Sasha, being family-oriented, does most of the potty training so Pollyanna is learning fast!

Logan gets in some daddy time with Crewe as he watches Samantha in the walker.

And Crewe's hair starts growing in and he gets new jammies with a bib and booties in his favorite lime green.

Logan snuggles Pollyanna before nap time as Sasha finishes potty training Samantha.

Pollyanna gets some pretty bows for her hair and a new outfit in her favorite color green.

And we notice that she's inherited Mémé's blue eyes!

Down the street, a proud Mémé watches her youngest grandson in his walker.

And watches him play with his new peg box.

Sophie: *concerned, thinking* I need to put that pet food dish somewhere out of Brannon's reach. Just the thought of him eating cat food makes me ill!*

But Grandpa Adam doesn't let Mémé have all the fun.

His favorite toddler game is Attack of the Claw, and Brannon gets to feel it first hand!

Looks like he's enjoying it more than Jamie did as a toddler!

Either that or Grandpa Adam finally figured out how to do it without scaring the toddler to death!

But while Brannon is safely in his new playpen, mesmerized by the mirror,

Adam and Sophie take a break from babysitting for a few minutes and watch the stars.

Adam: *softly* "Nothing beats watching the twinkling of the stars, except watching them with you my dearest."

Sophie: *lovingly* "You still know just what to say to make me feel like wings are fluttering in my tummy. I love you so much Adam. You, our children and grandchildren. We have been so blessed on our journey. I'm so glad you are still with me!"

Adam: *bringing her hand to his lips and kissing it softly* "Me too, my dearest, me too."

And before they leave, Adam hugs Ronan goodbye.

Adam: "Hope you and Jade had a good night celebrating your birthday son!"

Ronan: "It was great dad. Hard to believe I'm an adult already! Thanks for coming over and watching Brannon."

Adam: "Now that was our pleasure son. Anytime, just anytime. We love your son just as much as the others. Heirship has no limit on loving our grandchildren. You remember that!"

Ronan: "I will dad. *lowering is voice* And if I can talk Jade into it, I'm hoping to give Brannon a little brother or sister soon!"

Adam: "Now that's the type of news I always want to hear! Your mother and I are dreaming of having 10 grandchildren to spoil, so let us know right away next time!"

And with the triplets all potty trained, they decide to take them on their first outing!

To the library of course!

Sophie gets there first with Crewe and once she puts him on the floor, he goes right to town on the painting books.

Sophie: *properly* "So like a grandchild of mine to be well-read even at that young age!"

Adam and Sasha arrive with Pollyanna and Samantha a bit later.

Sasha: *exasperated* "Pollyanna hid one of her shoes and it took dad and me ages to find it!"

Sophie: *knowingly* "Did your mother ever promise you you'd have a child just like you one day?!"

Sasha: *puzzled* "Yes, but's what that got to do with Pollyanna hiding her shoe?"

Sophie: "You may just figure that out one day. Let's go see what the kids are up to since we've been chatting."

They find Samantha and Pollyanna reading the painting books together.

Then they go looking for Crewe.

He's made his way into the kid's room, where he can be alone and read in peace.

But his alone time is short-lived as his sisters find the kid's room.

But since they read their own books quietly, he's okay with sharing the room.

But suddenly the room is full of other grown ups and Crewe's feeling uncomfortable.

Maybe he can distract himself with the blocks table.

His sisters have the same idea, and it becomes a block party, toddler style!

Crewe: "The reds ones are gooder!"

Samantha's dark hair was handed down from Mémé and we love her red bow!

But her favorite color is grey, and so as not to make her even grumpier, we compromise.

I change her pants to a heather grey, and find a red jacket and shoes to match her red bow.

Just adorable!

Samantha: "S'okay. Coul' be more grey."

Dee: "When you're older, I promise, all the grey you want!"

And Crewe makes music while Pollyanna plays with blocks in the playpen.

Dee: "Your Great-Grandma Rae was very musical, and your Aunt Sadie is too. Maybe you or one of your sisters will get that trait when you grow up."

Crewe: "I wanna climb walls like momma. Alone."

Dee: "Hint taken young man."

Meanwhile, Logan has stopped by Ronan's after work to see how his brother is faring as a new dad.

He gets a bottle for Brannon and chats with Ronan about video games.

But when Ronan lets out a huge yawn, he tells him to go take a nap.

Logan: "Get some rest bro. I can handle one little fairy for an hour or two."

Logan decides to teach Brannon how to talk.

Logan: "Car. Car. Cars go beep beep."

Brannon: "Car!"

Logan: "Good job little guy! You'll be talking in no time."

When Brannon gets tired, Logan changes his diaper and puts him in his crib.

He wakes up Ronan and leaves him rocking quietly beside his son.

Ronan: *softly* "Thanks bro, I really appreciate you giving me that nap. It will be much easier at work tonight not falling asleep at the wheel!"

As darkness descends over Twinbrook, Logan heads home to his own brood of three!

Chapter 39-- Visiting Hemlock House
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 39-- Visiting Hemlock House
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2018, 10:58:46 PM »
Adam and Sophie head over to the Hemlock's so Mémé can keep her promise to Raegan.

Adam chats with Jamie about school and life as a teen.

Jamie: "I got a job as an alchemist Grandpa Adam!"

Adam: "Oh, I thought maybe you'd get something in computers."

Jamie: "They don't have anything like that for teens here in Twinbrook. But Alchemy is great. They have a station at the elixir store that I can use and learn at my own pace. But sometimes the place is too crowded for me."

Adam: "Then I know exactly what to get you for your birthday, don't I?"

Jamie: "Wow, you make it hard to be grumpy Grandpa, when you say and do things like that!"

Adam: "Well, I'm going to make it even harder for you to say "no" to me!"

Jamie: "How could you do that?"

Adam: "Want me to teach you to drive?"

Jamie: *all excited* "Really Grandpa?!"

Adam: *smiling broadly* "I already got permission from your Dad. The car's outside!"

Jamie: "This is so cool Grandpa! You are the best!"

Adam: "Just watch out for other cars and keep your eyes on the road, boy. You'll be driving on your own in no time!"

Meanwhile Sophie greets her granddaughter with a hug.

Sophie: "I'm all yours Raegan, what do you want to do first?"

Raegan: "You're really here to see me? I thought.."

Sophie: "You thought wrong. No one is more important than you today."

Raegan: "Well, if you don't mind Mémé, I'd like some help with my homework first."

Sophie: "Well, now that I'm a genius, that shouldn't be too hard. Homework it is!"

And they sit right down on the floor with Rags watching hopefully for a treat.

After homework, Raegan asks if Sophie would like a tour of the new house.

Sophie gladly accepts and takes her granddaughter's hand.

Raegan: "Lets start with the outside, in the backyard. We have a huge pool!"

And this is the entry of course, with the dining room to the left. It has a huge fireplace!

And the kitchen is on the other side with a fridge and a stove, and a cozy dining nook.

Sophie: *smiling* "You sound just like a tour guide or a realtor!"

Raegan: *proudly* "I could be either one of those if I wanted to, couldn't I?"

Sophie: * seriously* "You could, but I think you are much too good for those kind of jobs. I think you may like helping people when you get older. *sweeping her hands in grand style* But there's plenty of time to think about that, let's get on with tour, docent!"

Raegan: *laughing* "You're so much fun, Mémé!"

Raegan: *using a haughty voice* "This end of the first floor is the formal living room with another grand fireplace. And through the arch, on the end, is the study."

Sophie: *properly* "And do we need to study more?"

Raegan: *shaking her head* "No, enough studying for today. Let's head upstairs!"

Raegan:  "That's Jamie's room on the end. *sadly* I used to sleep in there in the other bed, until he had his birthday. Now he says I have to sleep in my own room."

Sophie: *nodding her head* "It's only proper sweetie. He's older now. But you'll have your birthday soon and you'll
see how it is. You'll want your own space too."

Raegan: "I guess, but until then, I'm not sure if I want to be up on the 3rd floor by myself!"

Sophie: "Well, maybe if you told Jamie that, he might consider giving you his old room and using one of the rooms on that floor for his new teen room."

Raegan: *excited* "I never thought of that Mémé! *sadly* But sometimes he's so grumpy, he'll probably say, 'No.'"

Sophie: *lips firm* "You just leave that to me. I doubt he'll say, 'No' to his Mémé! Now what's the room next to Jamie's old room?"

Raegan: *smiling* "That's our play room! Come on. Let's check it out, There are so many fun things to do in there!"

And Raegan was right. Lots of things to do and play with.

A blocks table, the dollhouse she got from her grandparents, an easel, a rocking horse, a toy box and a dress up trunk!

There was even a portable radio, a couch and a TV, along with a video game system!

Sophie: *thinking* Wow, this place is pretty amazing. We certainly don't have to worry about Sadie or our grandchildren's welfare with Jimmie as their provider! The Head of the Hemlock Clan, Twinbrook branch is doing well. Very well, indeed!*

Sophie: "What would you like to do first?"

Raegan: *thinking hard* "Video games!"

So they both grab a controller and Sophie chooses a sports game!

They play for awhile and then Raegan asks Sophie about planting seeds and making things grow with fairy powers.

Sophie explains that when Raegan is a teen, she'll be able to start using her powers. Starting with the aura of soothing, then gaining other auras and abilities as her power grows.

Raegan: *disappointed* "So there's nothing fun I can do as a fairy now?"

Sophie: "Well, you can use the fairy house and do playful pester with humans, occults, even other fairies. But haven't you done those things with your family? You used to use the fairy house at our home."

Raegan is silent and then Sophie realizes that in the tour she didn't see a fairy house, not one!

Sophie: *trying to be cheerful* "I guess I'll just have to have a little chat with your mother when she gets home later. But in the meantime, I'm going to show you how fairies can play with each other. Let's go to the middle of the room. We need some space. Now think real hard about being a tiny little fairy."

And in a blink there are two fairy sparks in the room, one pink and one green!

They playfully chase each other around!

Then, breathless from the chase, they blink back in human form!

Raegan: *giggling* "That was so much fun Mémé! But I'm really tired now."

Sophie: "Changing into fairy form is tiring when you're not used to it. Do you have anything more to show me on the tour?"

Raegan: "Yes, the other end of this floor. Then I'm going to go take a nap! The top floor will have to wait."

Raegan: "There's Mom and Dad's room. They redid it so they have their own bathroom. They have a fireplace too. This house is full of them!"

Raegan continues: "And you've been in my old nursery before. Do you remember it from when I was little, Mémé?

Sophie: *smiling* "Of course I remember sweetie, it seems like it was only yesterday!"

Raegan: "Well, I am really tired now, so you can go in by yourself Mémé."

Sophie: "Are you sure? There's plenty of time for us to do some more fun things. We could read stories on your bed or something restful."

Raegan: *shaking her head* "No, I'm sure. I need a nap and someone else needs some Mémé time!"

As her granddaughter turns away, Sophie realizes that Raegan is growing up and soon won't be a little girl anymore.

But like Raegan said, someone else needs some Mémé time.

And with that thought, she quickly rushes through the door to get her first glimpse of her newest granddaughter!

As Sophie feeds little Gladys a bottle for the first time, she can't believe how blessed she is!

Seven grandchildren! Three boys and now four girls!

As she rocks Gladys to sleep in the alcove, Sophie watches her little peachy pink sparkles twinkle around her.

The skin tone is just about right, so she looks closer and sees a faint blemish on the nooboos neck.

Another fairy/vampire hybrid just like her big sister Reagan!

Maybe she better tell Jamie to step up his alchemy lessons. They are going to need even more vampiric sunscreen!

But not today. Today she's going to spend the afternoon rocking the newest addition to the Frio clan.

And she relaxes and does just that, crooning an old fairy lullaby.

"Philomele, with melody
                                              Sing in our sweet lullaby;
                                              Lulla, lulla, lullaby, lulla, lulla, lullaby:   
                                              Never harm,   
                                              Nor spell nor charm,   
                                              Come our lovely lady nigh;   
                                              So, good night, with lullaby."
                                             (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, 1595)

After Jamie's driving lesson, he and Grandpa Adam get back to Hemlock House all in one piece.

Adam confident that his grandson will master driving soon and Jamie thrilled but a bit stressed driving for the first time.

Adam takes his time walking up the grand entranceway and has Jamie run ahead and see how Mémé's visit is going.

Adam:*as he looks around the property* Not too shabby Jimmie, not shabby at all! A bit too grand for my taste but very fitting for the Hemlock's position in this town. I'll have to give his Bridgeport family a call and tell them just how proud of our Jimmie we are.*

Jamie comes running down the stairs to meet his grandfather in the entry.

Jamie: "Sorry it took me so long Grandpa, Mémé had a lot she wanted me to tell you!"

Adam: "With your Mémé, I don't doubt that in the least!"

Jamie: *a little embarrassed* "Well, it all started because I kicked Reagan out of my room. Well our room really, but now that I'm a teen, it just felt wrong to be sharing with a girl, even if she is my sister."

Adam: "I never had to share a room with a sister as I was much older than your Aunt Clarisse, but I can imagine it would feel awkward once you got to a certain age."

Jamie continues: "Anyway, Mémé explained that what's bothering Raegan most of all is having to be up on the 3rd floor by herself, away from Mom and Dad. *more embarrassed* I didn't really even think of that! I guess being a teen does make you a bit self-involved. But Mémé asked me to show you the 3rd floor and maybe we could find a room up there that would suit me and let Raegan stay on the 2nd floor."

Adam: "That sounds like a great idea. Lead the way, son. A bit slower than you came down though, I'm not as spry as I once was!"

Jamie: *walking slowly back up the stairs, first one flight and then the second*
Saying: "Here's Mom and Rags in the music room. It's the only room we use up here really, plus it's connecting bath."

Jamie: *excited now* "Mom, Mémé had a great idea for me to choose a room up here and let Raegan stay in our old room. I never even thought about that or that Raegan would be scared to stay up here by herself!"

Sadie: *patting Rags to get him to stop jumping on her* "We've been so busy with the new baby and all, I never even gave that a thought. Poor Reagan! The middle child DOES get forgotten!  But now that it's been brought to our attention, we'll let Raegan decorate your old bedroom over anyway she wants to. Her favorite color is Spiceberry and that's one that will easily go from child to teen! *thinks a moment* There's a bedroom with it's own bath next to this room, but I think you'll prefer the other end of the floor."

Jamie: "Well, Mémé gave me instructions to show Grandpa Adam the third floor so we'll just take a quick look at it."

Sadie and Adam exchange a look and say: "And we all do exactly what Mémé asks!"

So Jamie and Adam check out the bedroom next door.

Jamie: "Mom's right. This room is just a normal old room, like a guest room for visiting grandparents. Did I say that out loud grandpa? Sorry! Mémé would have my hide if she thought I wasn't being properly respectful!"

Adam:*chuckling* "No offense taken son, but you do know your grandmother, umm, Mémé!"

Jamie heads off to the other end of the floor with Adam following behind him.

Adam hears Jamie let out a loud whistle and exclaim: "Sweet!"

And when Adam gets a look at the other end of the hall, he feels the same way!

Adam: "You're not kidding Jamie! This is a sweet suite of rooms! This isn't just an en suite bedroom, it has a sitting room too. Something that you could turn into any kind of room you want. A very cool teen hangout space!"

Jamie: *astounded* "I don't even remember this room! Mom's right, this is THE room. Wow! And since we have a TV with gaming system in the playroom on the 2nd floor, I could put my computer in here, a cool video console, maybe even a foosball table!"

As Adam and Sophie get ready to head back home, Sadie brings little Gladys down to say goodbye.

Adam: "She's beautiful Sadie. But you know that! No way she couldn't be with such a beautiful Mom and Mémé!"

Sadie: *tiredly but trying to smile* "Thanks Dad! I don't feel so beautiful right now. Little miss genius here has figured out every possible way to keep from going to sleep! She's not grumpy like Jamie was and Reagan's always been a heavy sleeper, she slept right through the night first thing. But this little one is just curious about everything. She watches everything so intently, just trying to figure it all out. And when I see her awake, with her intense eyes and sweet little smile, I just don't want to leave her in her crib by herself!"

Adam: *chuckling* "That sounds more like a mommy problem to me. But I know the appeal. First it was you and Jimmie and now it's Logan and Sasha telling me to leave the kids alone and let them sleep! But you need rest too. Rock her for a bit, do your night time routine, and then let her be and get some sleep. You'll be happier and back to your own beautiful feeling self in no time!"

Sadie: *with a wry laugh* "Jimmie's been telling me the same thing! I guess I'd better listen to the important men in my life and let loose on the mommy strings a bit."

Adam: "And as young as you are, you've got plenty of time for more nooboos!"

Sadie: "That's something else Jimmie keeps telling me, no need to wear myself out on this one, plenty more of them over our lifespan! *then seriously* But only one at a time. I'm never watching Kid's TV or listening to that music ever! It's too dangerous!"

Then Sophie speaks up behind Adam: *whispering* "Not that it's a bad thing or anything Sadie, but why Gladys? It's not quite a fairy name, not that you knew that before she was born."

Sadie: *with a quick look around for Jimmie* "No, it's not. But it is a Hemlock family name, some Great Aunt or something. I call her Glad, and since she's always so content right now, it seems fitting."

Sophie: "Glad is cute. And speaking of fairies, why no fairy house or teaching Raegan about her fairy heritage?

Sadie: *nonplussed*  "Since she's a vampire too, like Jimmie and Jamie, I guess I haven't really given it a lot of thought lately. And then with the new house, my music career, and the new baby, well, I've just totally overlooked my middle child! That stops now. First thing on the agenda, a fairy house for me and Reagan to use!

Sophie: *With a sigh of relief* "I was hoping it was just that Sadie, an oversight with so much going on. I would hate to think you'd consider ignoring your fairy heritage or worse, give up being fae!"

Sadie: "Never, Mom! But I think I'll take Dad's advice and get this little one settled and go take a nap!"

Chapter 40---A Week of Birthdays and Cake!
Coming soon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 40---A Week of Birthdays and Cake!
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »
Mémé stops in at the Hemlock's to see little Gladys on her birthday Monday afternoon!

She has dark hair but it could either be from Sophie or her Dad. Either way she's a cutie.

But she definitely has the Hemlock eyes and skin tone, along with Mémé's pretty pink wings!

Mémé teaches her to talk.

Sophie: "Mask. A thief wears a mask. Like your Great-Great-Grandma Claire, your Great-Uncle Heath, and Uncle Ronan."

Glad: "Mas.  Tief."

Sophie: "Good girl. You said both words. You're so smart Glad!"

Dee: "I hate to interrupt Sophie, but is teaching her that really proper?"

Sophie: *giving me the Look* "Of course it's proper! It's part of her family history."

Dee: *backing off, way off* "I stand corrected."

And Monday evening is so full of birthdays and cakes that the party lasts 'til the wee hours of Tuesday morning!

First up is Raegan with Sophie cheering her on!

She refused her actual age-up shot because the hair was too awful, and being mean-spirited now, I was unable to convince her otherwise.

So here she is with a style she liked and a cute everyday outfit in her favorite color spiceberry.

Then it's Pollyanna's turn at cake number two.

Jade is watching from the rocker as she's taking it easy for the next few days!

And birthday cake seems to think that Pollyanna likes the bowl cut. With the way she's crossing her eyes, I think not!

Pollyanna: "I know I'm eccentric now, but this hair is ridiculous!"

Dee: "Don't worry, we can change it after everyone's done." *thinking* Wow, eccentric added to insane, I'm glad she's good!*

Crewe's next with a shimmer and sparkle!

Pollyanna: "Better hair than me bro! Happy Birthday!

Crewe: "I find that painting fascinating!"

Dee: "Let me guess, artistic now are we? "

And finally Samantha gets her turn.

Sam: "Why me alays last?"

Dee: "I'll explain my OCD about birth order when you're older."

Sam: *scrunching up her face* "What?"

Dee: "Time to twirl and sparkle honey!"

And she gets mean-spirited on top of grumpy and eccentric! That will really help!

Sam:*heading straight for the makeover station* "I better get way more gray this time or else!"

Dee: "You can go first, but not because you're so mean and grumpy. It's because I'm feeling generous on your birthday, and because you always get cake last."

Sam chooses a gray jumper with a red blouse and shoes.

Dee: "You're sure you don't want something a bit fancier?"

Sam: "I'm sure. Mostly gray reflects my grumpiness but with a pop of color so my eccentric side isn't left out."

Dee: "I can't argue with that logic."

Sam: *meanly* "You could if you put more effort into it!"

Dee: "Moving on before I put you in time out on your birthday!"

Pollyanna's traits show up in her choice of formal as well.

Dee: "But you have real wings!"

Polly: "Your point?"

Dee: *letting out a breathe* "You are so your mother!"

Polly: *smiling broadly* "Why thank you. I love being like Mom!"

As the guests leave, Jade suddenly turns green and gets sick on the sidewalk!

Dee: "I hope it wasn't the cake!"

Jade: "I wish! I let Ronan talk me into another child. What was I thinking?!"

Dee: "That part will be over soon. And you love all the kids!"

Jade: *confused* "I do. It's such a conundrum!'

With the house quiet after the party, Sasha and Logan share a romantic hug.

Sasha: *whispers* "Our children are so beautiful and... grown up now."

Logan: "I think I'm hearing a hint in there somewhere!"

Sasha: "I'm willing if you are!'

Wednesday morning is the triplets first day of school.

A milestone in any Sims life!

Logan: "Hurry kids! The bus is here!"

But once he's out the door, Crewe decides he doesn't like the cowboy boots and asks for a quick change of clothes.
He shows off his favorite color, lime green, with this new everyday outfit.
And his sisters wear their new outfits reflecting their favorite colors.
Polly in Irish green and Sam in mostly gray!

But the first day doesn't go quite as planned!

Someone left a cage open in the science room and frogs were hopping everywhere when the front doors were opened!

The kids were yelling and screaming trying to catch them, and most of them were late for class!

The principal was so upset with the teen prank that he re-assigned all the teenagers to community schools in the area. Art, Culinary, Entrepreneur Training, Military, and the Science Academy.
Some of the families decided their youngsters would benefit more from being home schooled.
And Westlake school was made a primary school, in the hopes that without teen pranks, it would return to a place of learning!

Sam was able to shove everyone aside and get to her class on time, but both Polly and Crewe got reprimanded when they got home that day!

Wednesday evening Sasha had gone to bed early, when she was awakened by this!

Dee: "Congratulations Sash! Hoping for a boy or girl this time?"

Sasha: "Logan and I both want another little girl! *whispering* But if it's a boy, I can probably talk him into trying for a girl next time!"

With four birthday cakes, they have plenty of leftover cake. So much that Adam has a second piece after lunch.

Adam: "I hate to say this, but I think cake is growing on me!"

Sophie: *wryly* "On our waistlines for sure."

Adam: *laughing* "More to love, darling, more to love! But you haven't gained an ounce since we met!"

Sophie: "It's all the swimming we do. If it wasn't for that, we'd look like the pumpkins I grow!"

Sophie continues: "We use the pool all summer. It was great having the whole family out there yesterday."

Adam: "Speaking of swimming, today's Leisure Day and our neighbor Bill Racket has invited us over for a pool party! Since everyone's got the day off, I accepted. I think they have a young daughter, it would be good for the kids to start making friends."

And the whole Frio family walks up the hill to the Racket's.

Adam and Logan spend most of their time at the pool.

But Crewe chats with Marisa Racket. Or tries to.

Dee: "I know you're a loner Crewe but talking to Marisa with the door between you is a bit much!

They all get a lot of sun and pool time, so when they get home everyone heads off to bed.

Then Adam and Sophie get a late night call and rush over to Ronan's house.

Adam is greeted by birthday boy, Brannon.

Adam: "Happy birthday Brannon. Looks like you'll be sharing this day."

Brannon: *all excited* Yup, Mom had the baby! I'm a big brother now!"

Sophie heads straight for the kid's room!

And sees her newest grandson, Cristopher, pink sparkles and all!

Sophie: "Oh, another fairy nooboo! My fairy genes must be dominant! And he's Athletic and Brave just like me!
But you're athletic too Jade, so he gets that from both of us. But you sit back, relax, and take it easy, I've got our little man well in hand."

Jade: *barely rocking and exhausted* "I don't plan on moving out of this chair for a week, at least, Mother Sophie! I'm so thankful you live close by. My Mom and Dad are busy with Emerald and Tay's girls or they'd be here too. It's so nice having family on both sides here in town."

And her words trail off as she falls asleep.

And while Mémé is with the new baby, Grandpa Adam reads a bedtime story to Brannon.

Adam: "I've got a new Jimmy Sprocket Adventure Brannon. Get comfortable in the big bed and I'll read it to you. Your parents will probably stay in your room with the baby all night. Probably a few nights."

Brannon: "Okay Grandpa. I am sleepy."

But he listens with rapt attention as Adam begins: "Jimmy Sprocket was all set for a quiet day, but a new adventure was just beginning…"

Friday it was back to school. But it was a better day and the kids all come home with B's.

Then after dinner, they all work on homework.

Sasha had gone upstairs for a nap in the rocker, but when she lets out a familiar squeal, the family comes running!

And Logan and Sasha get their third daughter! Fairy sparkles and all.

Little Natasha is a summer baby that Loves the Heat and she stays with tradition as she inherits Great-Grandma Rae's Virtuoso trait!

With Natasha's birth, Adam and Sophie have 9 grandchildren, four boys and five girls!

Will their dream of 10 grandchildren become a reality?

If so, who will be the lucky new parents? Ronan and Jade? Or Sadie and Jimmie?

And will Logan and Sasha survive the coming teen years times three?

Find out in upcoming chapters!

Chapter 41-- Another Week of Birthdays
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 41-- Another Week of Birthdays
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2018, 12:35:51 PM »
Before they know it, it's Cristopher's birthday!

Jade brings him to the cake and then places him on the floor.

In a flash of sparkles, he's a toddler!

Mémé chats with Brannon while Cris uses his walker for the 1st time.

Mémé brought some new clothes for Cris and we decide a new hairstyle is in order.

And the Frio genes are in force with this child.

Well, at least the red hair. And he has daddy Ronan's violet eyes.

Cris is a real cutie in his pj's!

And while he plays on the floor, we see that our lucky winner is Jade!

Sophie: *happily surprised* "Oh, you're giving us our 10th grandchild! I'm surprised Ronan talked you into a third child!""

Jade: *wryly* "I don't think talking had anything to do with it. But suddenly this cake is more than I can resist!"

And later I catch Jade alone to see if she's okay with this 3rd pregnancy.

Dee: "I'm as surprised as Sophie. Are you really okay with this?"

Jade: *with a soft smile, and a dreamy look* "Ronan's just so romantic! And so sexy in his mask! I just can't resist when he turns on the charm. Especially, when he gives me flowers."

Coming back to the present, Jade is the epitome of the expectant mother. Totally focused on her nooboo.

And looking very, very happy.

Dee: *whispers* "Congrats Jade." *thinking* Maybe it's literal, dislikes children only applies to children? She never seems to mind pregnancy, nooboos or toddlers.*

Meanwhile, little Natasha gets fed, played with and rocked.

With only one nooboo and fours adults, things seem super easy.

So easy, everyone is shocked when it's time for her birthday.

They have a big party and the family gathers round when Grandpa Adam brings her to her cake.

She ages up very hungry and lets everyone know with loud cries!

As she gets her dinner we see that Natasha is another red-headed Frio toddler!

With only one baby this time, Sasha teaches her to talk, one on one.

Sasha: "Friends. Friends. Making friends is fun."

Natasha: "Fren."

Sasha: "Good girl. You'll be making friends in no time!"

Dee: *puzzled* "Sash, you're teaching her words so she learns to talk, not about making friends."

Sasha: *ignores me*

Sasha: "Star. Everyone in this family is a star. You'll be a star too!"

Natasha: "Star."

Sasha: "Wonderful. A little star in the making!"

Dee: "But Sash, that's not the point….Oh, never mind. She's learning to talk despite your unconventional teaching methods!"

And later that evening I get pulled down to the basement to see this!

Dee: "Down in the basement for your birthday again Sasha?! Wait, you didn't use another potion, did you!"

Sasha: "No. Just a regular aging to adult birthday. With that awful hair I've had since a teen!
But maybe I should have used another YA potion, 'cause I'm just not ready to be an adult!"

And with those words, Sasha has a mid-life crisis!

Dee: "I can't do anything about your angst Sash, but I can fix your hair!"

She picks a little longer hairstyle than she had before.

Dee: "Sasha, you could smile, just a little."

Sasha: "It's not the hair. I know I see wrinkles!"

Dee: *letting out a breathe* This is going to be a long 9 days!*

The following evening, you guessed it! Another birthday.

This time over at Hemlock House. Sophie does the honors and brings Glad to her cake.

Jimmie and Jamie head  into the dining room while Jamie's live-in girlfriend, Rosalie Peddler, blows a birthday noise maker.

And Gladys Hemlock gains the over-emotional trait.

Having the Hemlock vampirism in her blood really comes to the fore in childhood.

After cake, Glad chats with big sister Raegan.

Glad: *all excited* "Rae-Rae, can I sleep in your room with you now?!"

Raegan: *thinking a bit and saying* "Sure squirt, for now. I was thinking maybe I'd move upstairs and let you have that room to yourself."

Glad: "Wow, really Rae-Rae? That's awfully nice of you, not mean at all."

Raegan: "Well, if you call me Rae-Rae again, I might just change my mind and let you move upstairs. Besides when you have your little friends over I'd rather not listen to kids stuff."

Glad: *thinking, nice didn't last long and trying not to cry* "Um, I can just call you Rae if that's better."

Raegan: "It'll do squirt."

Grandpa Adam, seeing that Glad's sleepy and about to cry, offers to read her a bedtime story.

They head upstairs to her new room and while she's waiting for Grandpa to get there, she looks around the room.

Glad: *thinking* This room's okay, but maybe if I can think of something really nice to do for Rae-Rae, she'll let me re-do the color scheme in my favorite aqua. Better yet, I'll just ask Mémé about it. She'll love the idea and then, um, Rae, won't even get a chance to tell me no!*

And then Grandpa sits down with a new storybook and begins reading to her.

Adam: "I've got a new book just for you. Once upon a time…."

And once Glad falls asleep, Adam kisses his granddaughter goodnight.

Adam: *whispers* "Happy Birthday sweetie."

Then Adam heads upstairs to check out Jamie's teen suite.

And he's really impressed with how it turned out.

Jamie's computer is in it, of course. But there's a pinball game, a Johnny Rocket Ride and two video gaming tables!

Jimmie challenges him to a game and they are both fiercely competitive.

Adam: "You've done a great job on this house Jimmie. And these gaming tables are loads of fun!"

Jimmie: "Don't try to distract me old man, I see what you're up to!"

Hearing the noise of the game, Jamie heads in to watch.

But Jimmie's already won so he challenges Grandpa Adam to a different game.

Jimmie: "Don't let him fool you! I won, but only by a few points. He's one tough gamer!"

Adam: "Well, since you don't age Jimmie, I doubt I'll ever get to be as good as you are. I got in a few lucky shots. But this young man better be on his toes! I've played long enough to give him a trouncing!"

Jamie:*laughing* "You're on Grandpa! And I'm not going to take it easy on you either, after that comment."

Adam: *laughing loudly* "Bring it on, son! Bring it on!"

And Sasha continues to teach Tasha her toddler skills.

Potty training is a must!

Sasha: "Good girl. Look at you, using the potty and flying off when you're done."
*thinking* She's growing up so fast!*

And with that thought, she pops a wish for another child!

Dee: "Sash, really? Another one? The house is full!"

Sasha: "I know. But no harm in wishing is there? It's probably just part of my midlife crisis. You know having another child to feel young."

Dee: "Um, having another child later in life does NOT make you feel young! Just exhausted! Believe me I'm speaking from experience."

Sasha: "Well, I'll probably pop other wishes with the triplets and Natasha aging up soon. And four of them is more than my fair share. Besides, when we move, to take the heir's SO, we'll have to leave someone behind won't we?"

Dee: "Yes, I'm afraid so. It will be another difficult choice but the kids will probably help us out by making some decisions on their own as they get older."

Sasha: "Older, yeah. We're all getting older. Do I look fat?!"

Dee: "No!!! Stop worrying. You need to get your mind set on going back to work. After your maternity leave is over,  a day or two at work and you should get your promotion to Level 8. Then it's only one more level to complete your LTW!"

Sophie checks the mail and notices a cute cottage across the road.

She'd been hearing some construction work but hadn't really paid much attention until now.

She goes over to chat with their new neighbor and get a closer look.

But no one's home so she just stands on the porch looking around.

Sophie: *thinking* What a cute place! This would be perfect for what I have in mind!"

On her way back home, Sophie's thoughts are in a whirl! She knows she'll probably get some resistance to her plans but that's never stopped her before. The timing though needs to be just right.

Sophie: *thinking* After my birthday, the kids teen birthdays, and maybe Cristopher's and Tasha's too. That way they'd all be big enough to visit. And it's right across the road!*

So some significant events are coming up for the Frio family!

The triplets age to teen soon, as well as Brannon.

Jamie and Rosalie are going to be graduating and starting their own lives.

Cristopher and Natasha start school soon.

And Jade and Ronan will be parents of grandchild #10!

And it looks like Sophie has some big plans of her own!

But will things turn out the way she wants or will there be some unexpected events?

Let's see what develops in Chapter 42-- Growing Up in Twinbrook
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 42-- Growing Up in Twinbrook
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 01:04:43 AM »
There is one thing that all children inevitably do. Grow up!

Little Natasha is old enough to use the fairy house all by herself now!

She's just had a nap and is playing with her IF doll in her new jammies featuring her favorite color black.

Adding the white makes it a bit more toddler friendly.

And Sasha continues her one on one toddler skill teaching.

This time learning to walk.

Sasha: "One more step, sweetie. Come to Mommy!"

Adam and Sophie stop in to check on Jade.

Sophie: "It's mémé little one. We can't wait to cuddle you up!"

And little Cristopher gets some attention too, of course!

Sophie: "Mémé tickles you here, and here and here!"
*thinking* There is nothing better than to hear a child's joyous laugh!*

And Jade is still focused on her expectant nooboo.

And then it's the teens birthdays!

Pollyanna goes first as the eldest.

And she adds Dislikes Children to her traits!

Dee:*shocked* "Polly, not that one! The heir HAS to have a child!"

Polly: "Well, it's not that I can't have a child, just that I won't enjoy it! And look at the bright side."

Dee: "There's a bright side?"

Polly: "Of course, there is. I got great hair this time!"

Dee: "But we could change your hair. I can't change your traits!'

Polly: "Oh, I guess it's not a bright side for you then. I'm fine with it."

Dee: *no words*

Next up Crewe. With lots of encouragement! Sophie seems super excited!

And he adds Socially Awkward.

Dee: "Well, I guess a loner could be socially awkward, and you are athletic and artistic, so it's not the worst trait."

Crewe: "Umm, I don't have a response for that. I just want to be alone and paint."

Dee: "Of course you do. When you need to meet people and impress a girl!"

Crewe: "Meet people? A girl? Um, no way!"

Dee: "We'll work through it! It won't kill you, I promise."

Sam: "And it's me last as usual!"

Dee: "But you're the youngest. That's how it works. And I gave you a front-facing cake this time!

Sam: *rolling her eyes* "I'm supposed to jump for joy? Not happening!"

Dee: "Just twirl and sparkle and join your siblings!"

And Samantha adds Gatherer to her traits.

Sam: "I was hoping for Evil!"

Dee: "Now that I don't doubt! But an eccentric, grumpy, mean-spirited, and evil sim would be more than I would want to deal with!"

Sam: *meanly* "Well, I could always get it for my YA birthday!"

Dee: "That's what I'm afraid of!"

Sam: "Oh, by the way, this hair and clothes. Ick!"

Dee: *happily* "I agree with you there! You can change after cake."

And here they are, the Frio triplets as teens! Pollyanna, Samantha, and Crewe!

Sam: "Hey, I finally got moved to 2nd place!"

Dee: "That's just picture order, not birth order."

And as promised, Sam gets her makeover.

A cute hairstyle and mostly gray outfit. Still with her pop of red. I really like it with her coloring.

And Polly goes next. Choosing her favorite Irish green.

Dee: "Are you sure about those torn jeans? It's getting kinda cold outside."

Polly: "It's my eccentric side. Besides, I'll probably wear my swim suit in winter! You know me, just like Mom!"

Dee: *resigned* "Yes, you both probably will."

And the next day, while the teens are at school. Grandpa Adam takes Natasha to the library.

Once grandpa puts her down, she reads the toddler books all by herself!

And then it's Brannon's birthday!

He makes a wish with his mom and dad cheering him on.

He adds Charismatic, to Star Quality, Brave and Easily Impressed.

Dee:  *horrified* "But what's with the hair and pants Brannon?!"

Brannon: "Oh, I like Rap music so I thought this would look cool!"

Dee, Ronan, and Jade: "No!"

Brannon: "Wow, that was a fast consensus!"

Under protest, Brannon settles for this hairstyle, torn jeans, and a shirt in his favorite color yellow.

The jacket with the torn jeans are his expression of his rap side. The only ones he's getting.

But where are their grandparents for this momentous occasion?

Well, Grandpa Adam fell asleep at the library while Natasha was reading quietly!

But Sophie's not far away! She's taking care of Brannon's younger brothers.

Little Cristopher is playing with his peg box, while mémé gives a bottle to grandchild # 10!

Meet the newest member of the Frio clan, Paul, who's a disciplined and friendly human.

Sophie: *rocking peacefully with Paul and thinking*
Five girls and now five boys. We couldn't have planned that better if we'd tried!
Nooboo Paul is human like Samantha, so she's not alone now.
Pollyanna, Crewe, Brannon, Cristopher and Natasha are fairies.
Jamie's the only pure vampire.
His sisters, Raegan and Gladys, are hybrids being Fampires or maybe it's Vampairies!
Either way, we've got quite a diverse group of grandchildren!*

Meanwhile, Adam is woken up by another library patron, and gets little Natasha home as quickly as possible.

Sam:*snuggling Tasha* "Oh, you must be sleepy little bit. Let's get you taken care of, and then a nice nap will make it all better!"

Dee: "Well this is a surprise Sam. Not very much like your mean and grumpy self to be concerned about someone else!"

Sam:*shocked at herself* "But she's just so little and Grandpa had her out all day!"

Dee: *nodding* "Uh, huh, we'll go with that, but I see that softy side of you!"

Sam: *spluttering* "Softy?! Me?!"

And Grandpa Adam arrives apologizing profusely to Jade and Brannon as they eat cake.

Adam: *shaking his head* "I can't believe I fell asleep at the library when I was watching little Natasha! Good thing Silver Racket woke me or I'd be sleeping there still!"

Jade: *concerned* "But where is Natasha?"

Adam: "Oh, I brought her home first, the poor little tyke was exhausted being there all day. Happy Birthday Brannon, sorry I was late. I promise to take you out driving soon. But now I'd like to spend some time with Cris and our new little grandson. I promise I'm very much awake now!"

Jade: "It's fine with me if you can tear Sophie away from them!"

Adam persuades Sophie to go to the kitchen and wish Brannon a happy birthday and grab a slice of cake.

He plays with Cristopher first. Tickling and snuggling him close. But the toddler squirms to be let down.

He puts him down and picks up his youngest grandson for the first time.

Adam: "Well, aren't you a handsome lad! A chip off the old block my Grandpa Jarrod would say!"

And with those words Adam settles into the rocker and frowns.

*thinking* I'll be seeing him and Grandma Claire, and Mom and Dad soon. Paul, you are my last grandchild. Even if the kids have more, I won't be here to see them. It's a sobering thought. But I've already cheated Grim out of my death once. Wouldn't want to press my luck. Never know what repercussions that would bring down on the family in the future.*

Adam: *softly*  If you don't mind nooboo, Grandpa's going to sit here and rock with you for a bit. I want to enjoy you for as long as I can."

And Paul, being the friendly little nooboo that he is, just smiles at his grandpa and enjoys being rocked and loved.

Adam and Sophie have 10 grandchildren now! The oldest almost a YA and the youngest a nooboo.

Their family spans all generations, with the heir generation, Logan and Sasha's triplets, now in their teens.

It won't be long before they are all young adults and it will be time to choose an heir.

And as Adam rocks he thinks: *The Times They are A-Changin'*

Which will be Chapter 43!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 43-- The Times They are A-Changin'
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Wednesday the teens go on a field trip with their classmates and start talking about having the next day off as it's Spooky Day.

After school, Samantha discusses it with her parents and gets permission to have a slumber party!

So she calls and invites all the teens they know including their cousins.

It's a crush both inside and out as the guests all arrive!

I know little kids like to change into their pj's right away, in RL too!

But I was surprised when the teens did the same thing at 5 pm!

Here are the Goode sisters.  Candace, the blonde and elder, and Winter, a brunette that doesn't look anything like blonde twin, Garth!

Brannon is eyeing Winter with some interest!

That's Raegan joining Donnell Wolf at the table.

With a nervous Crewe looking on.

Crewe: *mumbling* "Um, I'm not really comfortable with this many people. And there's girls here, lots of girls!"

Dee: "Go outside, if you need to. Most of them are making there way in, but there are a few of them out there. Just introduce yourself to someone. Preferably someone of the female persuasion, but I'll leave that up to you."

The house is filling up with teens, with more arriving every minute!

Andres Prudence is doing homework at the table with Alexander Wilks. Alexander is Raegan's boyfriend. His family moved to Twinbrook after the Frio family.

Jarrod Darer, the son of Juan and Mary Baker Darer, is getting ready to join the group in the kitchen doing homework as well.

Some very dedicated students here in Twinbrook! Maybe it was the principal cracking down on pranks that's got them so studious.

Sophie admonishes Brannon: "Now be careful with the glassware and vases, our stuff's not really valuable, but we do have some sentimental pieces." *thinking* Oh my, I wasn't expecting a horde of teenagers! This house will never be the same!*

Sam heads inside to get the party started and I think the boy outside on the front stoop is Seneca Peddler.

Candance Goode looks like she wants to be friends with Jamie, but he just seems annoyed that the doorbell keeps ringing!

The girl in pink heading for the kitchen is Michaela Wolf, Donnell's sister.

Outside, to my surprise and delight, I find Crewe talking animatedly to a girl!

And not just any girl,  but Joanna Drudge, the daughter of original residents Shamus and Eva Drudge!

An actual eligible-for-heir-spouse girl!

It's dark and I can't really get a good look to see what genetics she might bring to the family, but it looks like she might be blonde per Crewe's thought bubble!

As Crewe and Joanna chat, Pollyanna comes out to get the pizza Grandpa Adam ordered.

With the crowd they have they better have ordered a few of them!

Polly: "You guys better come in and grab a slice, this pizza isn't going to last long!"

But Crewe and Joanna don't seem to be interested in Pizza.

As I'm wondering if he's just friendly chatting or really interested in this girl, he pops a wish to kiss her!

Interested it is! But while they were talking he learned that she's unflirty so he decides take it slow.

They watch the stars together.

Behind them, Pollyanna is chatting with someone, but it's too dark to tell who it is.

And then to my shock, Crewe kisses her!

Dee: *thinking* I thought you were taking it slow?!*

I wait for the rejection, ready to commiserate with the poor boy, and then Joanna grabs him and kisses him back!

These two clearly don't need my help!

Then everyone starts pulling out sleeping bags and looking for a spot on the floor to crash for the night.

Some choose the living room floor.

Other brave souls choose the back deck!

It's fall and it's about 29 degrees outside, so I hope those sleeping bags are rated for cold weather!

And it looks like a fairy has chosen the fairy house, where it's much warmer. Smart fairy!

Early the next morning, Sam starts chatting with Donnell Wolf, an eligible heir spouse, as he's the son of DeAndre Wolf and Gala Ball.

But then Rae's ghost shows up during the party!

Poor Alexander doesn't seem to be bothered by her being a ghost as much as being in a crowd.

But during her chat, Sam finds out that Donnell has a partner, Candance Goode.

Being grumpy and mean, that may not put her off. But her softy side may keep her in check!

Sam talks with another early riser, Andres Prudence, the son of Phoenix Prudence and Molly Coddle.

Sam: "Well, I guess a sleeping bag on the floor beats a park bench, but I'd rather have a nice comfy bed myself."

And it looks like Donnell may be thinking about our Samantha!

And I think that Seneca just wants to sit in the rocking chair that Andres' blocking.

After that the party breaks up and the teens head to their respective homes.

The triplets get some much needed sleep, but when they wake up, everyone has some very interesting wishes!

Crewe wants to go on a date with Joanna so he prepares by going shopping in town first.

Then he calls her and invites her out on a date!

She accepts and they meet at the Fall Festival in the park.

Joanna is blonde! And she has different facial features too. I hope Crewe's as impressed as I am.

Meanwhile Pollyanna pops wishes for making friends so she invites Seneca and Alexander over.

Seneca is the son of Clark Peddler and Penny Pincher, original residents of Twinbrook.

Eligible heir spouse material with unique hair, brown with streaks of blonde!

But Alexander is Raegan's boyfriend, so I hope Polly doesn't have feelings running in his direction.

Her cousin Reagan doesn't have a super nice reputation.

And with her vampirism, she can be one tough fairy when she puts her mind to it!

Just ask Logan! Right after she aged to teen, Raegan did this!

Samantha's wish surprises me the most!

She's met several teens at school and at her slumber party and I didn't really see her focus on any particular one.

But this morning one of her wishes is to kiss Andres for the 1st time! I guess she's made her choice.

So she calls him and invites him over.

When he arrives they chat pleasantly, which is another surprise.

Sam: "Hey, I can be nice when I want to be!"

Dee: "It was just an observation, not a judgement. Please, go back to your guest."

Sam asks him his sign and for once in the history of the Frios, their signs are compatible!

Then she asks him if he's single and he tells her he has a partner named Dawn.

This apparently doesn't faze her in the least because she grabs him and kisses him!

And he kisses her right back!

Pollyanna must have been taking notes, because she grabs Seneca for a kiss as well!

But he doesn't kiss her back, he gets mad!

And it looks like Jarrod Darer is a witness to her humiliation as he was sitting on the lawn finishing his homework.

Meanwhile, Crewe's date is still going strong and I see why he wanted to go shopping.

To buy flowers for his girl!

Joanna seems impressed and they decide to take in a movie.

Crewe gets home from his date just in time for his Mémé's birthday!

He looks a little stunned.

Sam: *whispers* "Crewe, you okay, bro? Did she dump you already?!"

Crewe: "No, we had a wonderful time. It's just that Mom's an adult now, Mémé's going to be an adult, and we're all pairing up. Everything is changing so fast!"

Sam: "That's awfully deep thoughts for a birthday party Crewe! Snap out of it!
*loudly* You can continue Mémé, sorry we interrupted!"

And Sophie ages to adult looking exactly the same as she did as a young adult!

And still has a mid-life crisis! One that's scheduled to last 32 days!

Dee: "Sophie, you were a young adult for 105 days. You should be totally prepared for adulthood."

Sophie: "It's only proper for fairies to have them. We always want to stay young!"

But then Adam picks up Natasha and says, "Let's have her birthday tonight too! I'm in the mood to continue this party!"

So the cheering begins again and Grandpa Adam helps her blow out her candles!

And Natasha ages up trying to stare down a fairy sparkle!

She adds Brave to her list of traits and is thrilled she got something from her Mémé in addition to her pink wings!

But I'm more surprised by who's eating cake!

Dee: *whispers* "Pollyanna why is Jarrod Darer still here? Has he even gone home since the slumber party?"

Polly: *trying to answer with a mouthful of cake as she sneaks a look at Jarrod* "Well, he saw how humiliated I was when Seneca rejected my first kiss. I was so embarrassed! But he didn't laugh or anything. He let me cry and just told me not to worry about it and that Seneca is a jerk! Jarrod is so sweet and he's a genius!"

Jarrod: *with a bashful smile* "You're a great girl Pollyanna. And I love your big family! There's just me and my step-dad now. My biological father died not long after my birth. And my Mom passed a few years ago. I do have a couple of much older half-brothers, but I really don't know them. You have a brother, sisters, aunts and uncles and cousins! I hope you don't mind that I've hung around? I'm just enjoying the whole feeling of family."

Dee: *whispers* "Polly you are so right, he is very sweet!"

Sam: "Too bad he has a girlfriend! Oooohh, did I say that out loud?"

Everyone else is too stunned to answer!

So times truly are a-changin'!

The heir triplets are now teens, developing distinct personalities and interests.

As well as finding sweethearts that could be potential spouses.

Though some of them may have to be fought for! We know Sam wouldn't mind that a bit.

Sophie's just become an adult but her dear Adam is only a few days from the end of his elderhood!

What may change in Chapter 44-- Twinbrook Friends?
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 44-- Twinbrook Friends
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
Crewe was right, things change, sometimes faster than we want them too! It's a part of life.

But one thing that doesn't change for teens is Prom!

There is always the prom you remember, the one you hated, or the fact that you never got to go!

Or at least not with a special someone. Although going with a group of friends can be a lot of fun too, and not so much pressure.

The Frio Trio discuss prom while doing homework. Well, Sam and Polly discuss it, Crewe just listens.

Sam: "Oh, I want to go and with Andres, but we haven't settled the Dawn issue! In fact, he never really talks about her so I'm not sure she even exists. You know, maybe it's a I-have-a-girlfriend-but-she-lives-in-Canada kind of thing?!"

Polly: "She exists. Her name is Dawn Sargeant. I met her at the park the other day, but she's a bit older than us."

Sam: "Maybe that's it! She's outgrown him and they just haven't gotten around to breaking it off! Well, I'm going to invite him over and ask him over the weekend. Prom is Monday, so we need to get our dresses. If he says no, I'm going to go anyway. I'm not missing Prom just because I don't have a date!"

Polly: "Well, there's nobody I want to ask. Seneca has a girlfriend, which is probably why he was so mad when I kissed him! Alexander is Raegan's boyfriend, so hands off there! And Jarrod, well, as you brought to our attention, he's got a girlfriend too! So I'm going alone. Well, with you and Crewe anyway, dates or not."

And with all that settled, they focus on finishing their homework.

And Natasha got invited to a friends house after her first day of school!

She was super excited about going over but a bit shocked to see how simply the Castor family lived.

Trinity: "Just sit on the floor, we don't have any chairs."

Natasha: "That's okay, I like the floor."

Trinity:*relieved* "That's good! I wanted to invite you to sleep over and I just have a sleeping bag on the floor, but if you don't mind, we could have a sleepover this weekend!"

Natasha: "I usually sleep in my fairy house, but sleeping bags sounds like fun!"

And when she goes home that evening she mentions how Trinity lives.

All thrilled about sharing in the fun of sleeping on the floor!

And then it's Cristopher's birthday!

Jade brings him to the cake with proud papa Ronan nearby in his evil sidekick uniform.

Ronan got off work just in time for the party!

Grandpa Adam and big brother Brannon clap and cheer for the birthday boy!

Who immediately gets a makeover!

And he turns out to be a chip off the old block as he gains his father's evil trait!

Mémé settles down to read a bedtime story to Cris.

But before she can begin, he asks: *concerned* "Mémé, do you still love me, now that I'm evil?"

Sophie: *smiling* "Of course  Cristopher, I'll always love you, no matter what! Evil doesn't bother me anymore. Your father was born evil!"

Cris:*puzzled* "I thought that would make me feel better Mémé, but somehow the thought of you being bothered by my evilness was more appealing!"

Sophie: *wryly* "That's how evil works. You enjoy seeing others suffer. But there will be plenty of that around so don't worry."

Cris: "I won't. What's the new story about Mémé? Is it a new Jimmy Sprocket?"

Mémé: "Let's find out."

And though Crewe didn't participate in the Prom conversation, he was listening intently.

He invites Joanna over and asks her to prom! Or tries to anyway.

Crewe: *babbling* "Um, I was thinking, that maybe if you're not busy and no one else asked you, not that someone else wouldn't ask you, you're a great girl so I'm sure a lot of guys would…and probably someone you'd rather go with…"

Joanna: *squealing in her excitement as she figures out what he's babbling about*
"Prom?! You asking me to prom? Of course I'll go with you! Yes, yes, yes!!!"

She was so excited she talked on and on about matching outfits, limos, before and after parties, and left Crewe horrified at what he was getting into!

But we helped Joanna pick out a prom dress, so she calmed down.

And Crewe gets a makeover too.

He's a bit of a challenge being socially awkward, but artistic and athletic too!

And he has pink wings! And he's not exercised much yet, so he's pretty thin.

So we settle on this outerwear, with a bright lime green coat, which definitely screams awkward to me!

But Crewe thinks the color expresses his artistic side.

Crewe: "You have to have a pop of color, something that draws the eye!"

Dee: "But you don't want to blind them!"

Crewe: "Speaking of blind, I thought a cool pair of glasses would add a distinguished touch with a bit of artistic flair. And help me see my paintings more clearly. It's kinds dark in the basement and it makes me squint a lot."

Dee: "I like the glasses and I'll see what we can do about moving a couple of easels upstairs. They were down there for your Uncle Jimmie. But I'm sure you would be more comfortable having them in a room with lots of light."

True to her word, Sam invites Andres over on the weekend and asks him to prom.

Without a word about Dawn, he answers with a resounding Yes!!!!!!

Natasha talks with an excited Trinity Castor when their sleepover on Friday rolls around.

Trinity: "I guess we won the lottery or something! I heard mom and dad talking about a special program through the Frio Foundation. But I didn't understand most of it. Anyway, we got a new refrigerator and stove, and new counters, a food processor, and a high chair!

Trinity continues: "My toddler brother Russell got his own crib and Mom was sure happy!"

Adding: "And our new baby sister, Clara, got her own crib too! They both share the new nursery next to Mom and Dad's new room! Mom is tickled pink about the additions to the house. She grew up a Racket and wasn't used to doing without. And our Castor grandparents have a nice place too. And now so do we!"

Trinity adds: "You sure you don't want to sit at the table in one of the new chairs? They're pretty comfy! We have a couple more but they're still packed in boxes."

Natasha: "Everything looks nice Trinity. But I really do like the floor. Are we still going to sleep in sleeping bags?"

Trinity: "We can if you'd like to, but I have my own room now with two sets of bunk beds and a toy box! We can each have a top bunk, if you want!"

Natasha: "Sounds like you'd really like that! So why don't you sleep on the top bunk and I can use your sleeping bag on the floor? I really wanted to try that!"

Trinity: "That's okay with me. Let's get our homework finished and we can go play with my new toys!"

Sophie's midlife crisis consists of constantly checking in the mirror for wrinkles!

Dee: "You are as beautiful as ever Sophie. You haven't got any wrinkles and you're not fat. You look just like you did before your birthday!"

Sophie: *horrified* "Fat?! I need to check out my clothes!"

Dee: "I said NOT fat…hey…wait!"

I persuade Sophie to wait 'til we get back home to work on her wardrobe as she has more important things to do at Ronan's house.

Like taking Brannon out for a driving lesson.

Adam took him the first time, but decided that Brannon was too chatty, so Sophie's giving it a shot!

Sophie*thinking* I hope I don't regret this! But it's proper for teens to learn to drive so best get on with it.*

Living through Brannon's driving lesson, Sophie hits the shops for some new clothes.

Most of her stuff is still suitable for her but she picks out 2 new outfits.

New pajama's as now that the kids are teens, she's not comfortable running around in baby dolls!

And a new formal as she doesn't need her wedding dress in her closet any more!

Maybe one of her granddaughters might like it though, so she puts it in storage,
*thinking* It's got all that pink trim, so probably only suitable for Samantha or Gladys. Unless the other girls wanted to change out the trim color.*

She chooses a more sophisticated look than the pink formal of her youth.

Still pink but a rosier shade and with a cute matching shrug. And gloves of course. Wouldn't be proper without gloves!

And Sam finalizes their prom plans.

Sam: "You are more than welcome to share the limo Crewe and I are using. It just wouldn't be the same without you!"

Polly: "I wouldn't want you to feel embarrassed because I don't have a date."

Sam: "Never! And if anyone even thinks of making you feel bad about that, they will be answering to me!"

And with those words binding them, the sisters become best friends forever!

And it surprises me, but Sam pops wishes for becoming BFF with Crewe and Raegan too!

Dee: "I understand Crewe, being your sibling, but Raegan? She's not the nicest… oh, it's because you're both mean!"

Sam: *shaking her head* "Took you long enough! So can I go over to the Hemlocks?"

Dee: "It's fine with me as long as you let your parents know where you're going."

With the elder Frios aware of Sam's plans, we head over to Hemlock House.

And Raegan answers the door. So let's see how this plays out with two mean-spirited cousins!

But they get along fine and after a few friendly socials, ask to be BFF shows up!

So two mean-spirited sims can get along. Well, at least for a few minutes!

After this triumph, Samantha pops a wish for the LTW Super Popular!

Dee: *laughing* "Pushing your luck there honey! Besides it's too soon for LTW's. Not allowed to choose until after you're YA birthday, when all your traits are locked in."

Sam: *exasperated* "Rules, rules, rules. Between Mémé's preaching about being proper and you always on about what we are allowed and not allowed to do, I'm sick of rules! I want to live my own life. By my own rules."

And with those words, she stomps into the house!

Dee: *shocked, thinking *Whoa, I wasn't expecting that! I was joking about pushing her luck, but maybe she's got a point. She doesn't like to conform to rules. Something to think about.*

And then Pollyanna gets a call from Jarrod Darer, asking if he can come over.

She agrees and goes outside to meet him.

Polly: *surprised* "You're a young adult already!"

Jarrod: "Yes, I am. I'm quite a bit older than you Polly. I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding, with me hanging around last time. I really meant what I said, you are a great girl! And I'm not just saying that because we're both Insane! Don't just settle for anyone. Take your time and follow your heart. I did and I couldn't be happier!"

Polly: "Your girlfriend? Sam was right then!"

Jarrod: *smiling* "Yes, but she's not my girlfriend any more. I asked her to marry me and she said, yes! We're getting married right away! And it's partly due to you and your family."

Polly: "Me? My family? What did we have to do with it?"

Jarrod: "Spending that time here helped me see just how wonderful a family can be! It gave me the hope of having that in my life. I missed out when I was a kid, but I can still have it with Nadine and the family we hope to have!"

Polly: *hugging him* "Congratulations Jarrod! I wish you both the best. And you coming here to explain all this, well, it just proves that I was right all along. You are a sweet guy and you'll always be my friend!"

And Prom night finally arrives!

The Frio triplets are all decked out in their new formals.

Sam and Polly picked matching dresses in their favorite colors, gray and Irish green.

Crewe looks so handsome in his tux!

Andres and Joanna arrive and the white Limo too!

It's a typical Prom!

Some good parts: everyone having punch and dancing up a storm.

Some bad parts: wardrobe malfunctions and a fight, which fell to Polly unfortunately.

And some magical parts:
Crewe got Prom King and Joanna asked him to go steady, and
Samantha got Prom Queen and Andres told her he broke up with Dawn and he asked her to go steady too!
They both said yes!

So ends another milestone in the teens life!

And Jarrod wasn't kidding about getting married soon.

He and Nadine Brandt, yes, little Nadine from Chapter 34, had a huge wedding with half the town in attendance!

Jamie, Rosalie, and Raegan have aged up to YA and Gladys is now a teen.

And more pairing up is happening, as Brannon is now going steady with Winter Goode!

Coming up are a few more birthdays and Snowflake Day which Adam happily gets to enjoy with his family.

Chapter 45-- It's All About Family
Coming soon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 45-- It's All About Family
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
There's nothing more important to the Frios than family!
In fact, that's what this whole journey is about.

So Adam is thrilled to attend little Paul's birthday and spend some time with Ronan's family.
Everyone cheers as Mémé brings him to his cake.

And he's such a cutie! I'm a softie when it comes to toddlers, but they always grow up with crossed eyes!

After a new hairstyle and change of clothes, something more appropriate for winter, Paul gets introduced to Grandpa Adam's Attack of the Claw!
Adam's done this so often now he's become an expert and Paul lets out a belly laugh.

Adam tutors Cris a bit before his bedtime.

Adam: "Your Mémé's a genius but I think I'm smart enough to help a 3rd grader!"

Cris: "We'll see, Grandpa, we'll see! Some of this stuff is hard!"

And not wanting to miss a moment of his youngest grandchild's life, he volunteers for Paul's first attempt at using the potty.

Adam: "Good job, little man! You're getting the hang of this already!"

When Adam and Sophie aren't with family, they're spending every minute together!

Watching the stars and snuggling close in the frosty air.

Sharing a romantic kiss.

They don't talk of what's to come, just enjoy this time together, knowing that actions speak much louder than words.

They go to Winter Festival, grab some skates, and are soon skating around with ease.

But then Adam sees Jade with Paul.

And can't resist picking him up for a Grandpa hug!

Adam: "You're grandpa's little man, Paul! See your breathe in this cold air? It will snow soon!"

And then Adam meets someone new!

A handsome older gentleman that he's not seen in Twinbrook before.

Adam: "How do you do? I'm Adam Frio!"

Stranger: "Doing well, thank you. And you? I'm Dix Barlow. New in town. It's great to be in a friendly town like this!"

Adam: "I'm doing great. Spending time with my family. That's my youngest grandchild, number 10!"

Dix: "Wow, impressive! I don't have any family. You're a lucky man!"

Adam: "I sure am! The luckiest man I know!"
*thinking* Wow, they say if you live love enough you'll meet a doppelgänger, and I think I just did! Without my family, I could be just like him. All alone!*

And Adam takes that bit of reality to heart when he's back home that evening.

Normally Natasha sleeps in one of the fairy houses and hasn't even chosen a bed, but she indulges her grandfather when he asks if she'd like a bedtime story!

Adam: "And the fairy princess lived happily ever after!"

Natasha: *sleepily* "Will I live happily ever after grandpa?"

Adam: "I don't doubt that for a second. Sweet dreams, love."

Adam isn't the only one thinking about family. Pollyanna is too. And she's trying very hard to meet someone special.

She met Mick Bayless outside the grocery store one day. His Mom is Chase and his dad is Jeffrey Castor.

They chatted a bit, but he had his little brother, Delvin with him, so he couldn't stay long.

But the next day she called him up and invited him over.

They talk about school and then the weather, but there's just no spark between them and they settle for being friends.

Polly even checks out the old lamps around the house and in the family chest.

She meets two female genies before Joshua Rae pops out of the 3rd lamp!

They chat and become friends and she's ecstatic.

But Joshua is already a young adult so she puts his lamp safely in her backpack.

Snowflake Day arrives and they celebrate with a huge gift-giving party.

They invited Sadie's and Ronan's families, and a few other guests showed up to.

But the Frio's don't mind. The more the merrier is their motto! Except for loners, like Crewe.

That's teenage Gladys in front of the couch, with Jade and YA Raegan next to her.

Brannon is getting a photo of Aunt Sadie but most of them are thinking about Sasha.

Including his younger brother Cristopher, who gets to attend a family gathering for the first time!

Wonder what she did to earn that? Probably just talking to herself!

Dee: "But who's that behind Sadie?"

Glad speaks up: "That's my boyfriend Dominick Bayless! He's Micks younger brother. And he got vampiric genes from his Grandpa Robert! I invited him so he could meet all the family! And, *voice trembling* maybe get a make-over?"

Dee: "Sure. I'd be glad to help out Glad! No need to cry. I'm on it."
*thinking* A Bayless! I'll do my best but I'm just a watcher not a miracle worker!*

Presenting Dominick Bayless with a new hairstyle and everyday outfit.

They let the children start and Natasha gets surprised with a bicycle!

Cristopher gets an amphibi-clops plushie.

Logan: *surprised* "Hey, I got one of those when I was your age too! I can't believe they still make those!"

Gladys got coal and was a bit upset! But Sadie assures her it's just a joke that they've passed around through the years.

Sadie: "It is! Logan got it for me back in Bridgeport and we've been passing it around ever since! You can pick another present Gladys. It's just a family joke to see who gets it the next year!"

Gladys:*relieved and settling back on the couch* "Oh, it's a family joke. That's alright then. I'll keep it and give it to someone next year and keep it going!"

Crewe surprises me by attending and actually picks a present!

He gets an easel. Very appropriate for an artist.

Sam gets a Ammonite Shell Lamp.

Dee: "No smarmy comment?"

Sam: "I find shells quite interesting. Besides Grandpa is right in back of me and wouldn't be happy if I said something nasty at a family event. And if that wasn't enough, Mémé would go ballistic on me about proper etiquette at a party!"

Dee:*nodding* "Smart girl, very smart!"

Pollyanna gets a Mia the Mermaid statue.

Polly: "I LOVE mermaids. Maybe I'll get to meet one some day!"

Raegan: "But mermaids aren't real Polly, dear."

Polly: *seriously* "Most Sims don't believe in vampires or fairies either!"

Raegan: "Point taken!"

To my surprise, Crewe goes again and gets another easel!

Crewe: "Did everyone get me a new easel?"

The culprits all answer with a resounding: "Yes!!!"

And they all look at each other guiltily thinking they should have checked first before all buying him one!

Crewe actually got 4 of them before the party was over!

After the last one, Crewe frowned. * thinking* I love to paint but sheesh!*

But Crewe's back in good spirits when he joins Raegan on the couch.

And Raegan announces that the looks everyone has been giving her and the speculation in everyone's eyes is true!

She and Alexander are expecting a baby!

The room is full of congratulations!

Adam is stunned at Raegan's announcement!

Just sitting there thinking: *This is what's it's all about! Family, going on and on, with another generation on the way!*

Sophie is preoccupied though. She's got something on her mind, and it doesn't look like it has anything to do with babies!

And the gift-giving party ends with Adam inviting them all back later that evening for Natasha's teen birthday party!

But along with the joy of family comes sadness as well.

Chapter 46-- Sophie's Sorrow
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 46-- Sophie's Sorrow
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
True to Adam's word, the whole family is invited back to celebrate Natasha's teen birthday!

They gather round as she makes her wish!

Natasha ages to teen but doesn't seem very happy about it.

Dee: "Why the long face, Tasha?"

Tasha: "Um, this hair and clothes just aren't acceptable!"

So she heads to the dresser and picks out a new hairstyle and everyday outfit.

Teens seem to really like the torn jeans look.

And she's another pretty Frio girl and has some great traits, being a Brave, Virtuoso, Who Loves the Heat, and is now Disciplined.

But her mother's somber look!

Dee: "You've got great hair and a cute black and white wardrobe now, and still no smile?"

Tasha: "It's my face. What can I say? Not much I can do about the thin lips."

Dee: "You could maybe make them turn up at the corners? Sometimes? Just a little?"

Tasha: "Maybe it's my Disciplined trait kicking in---I'm too disciplined to show emotion now?"

Dee: *thinking back* "That could be! You used to show plenty of emotion on your rocking rider!"

Tasha: "Don't show those kind of pics to everyone! It's too embarrassing!"

Dee: "That proves it! You're definitely a teen now!"

Tasha: *relenting a little with remembrance* "Yeah, I am a teen, but I did love my pony!"

Raegan's in attendance but her thoughts are focused on her expected nooboo.

Until everyone is shocked by this!

A bright yellow glow is engulfing Adam!

Sam notices first and lets out a howl of dismay!

As more and more of the family and guests realize what's happening, the room is filled with the sounds of their sobs.

And Adam has turned a ghostly gray.

Sophie was upstairs but the shock of pain in her heart shows clearly on her face.

Her dear love Adam is gone!

She knew this was coming, but still the pain is more than she expected.

She flies downstairs to be with her love in his lasts moments.

As she stands by him she realizes that he went the way he lived, surrounded by his loving family.

That thought brings a curve to her lips.

But her smile is fleeting as she feels the presence of Grim behind her!

Grim: "No beautiful flower for me this time Adam Frio?"

Adam shakes his head as he shakes Grim's hand and says: "No, not this time Mr. Grim. You gave me all the time I needed. Time to see all 10 of my grandchildren! Time to love them and get to know them. But my time is done now. And it's time for the younger ones to come to the fore. It's the circle of life. And with the knowledge that my oldest granddaughter is expecting a child, I can go with you a happy, fulfilled sim. The Frio line marches on!"

He adds: "My family is in good hands with Logan and Sasha, and my dear Sophie. The love of my life! She's brave and strong, and oh so proper, but she's still got a long life ahead of her, and I don't want grief to cloud her days for too long. I love her too much for that! So please watch over her, ease her pain and grief, if you can, Mr. Grim."

Grim is surprised by Adam's request. Departing sims typically plead for their own lives not others.

He glances at Sophie *thinking* She must be pretty special to be loved so dearly.*

He pauses a moment as he's departing and calls the Proper Fairy after him with a thought.

Sophie follows the call as she must. It's Grim after all.

But she's shocked when they get to the old nursery and Grim asks if he can take her picture.

Sophie: "Of course, but may I ask why, Grim? Isn't that a bit unusual?"

Grim: "It is. But my reasons are my own. Suffice it to say that it has been brought to my attention, more than once I might add, that you are an unusual fairy."

Sophie has the grace to blush at this statement, and strikes a pose for Grim's picture.

But she also has the temerity to request a selfie with Grim!

Sophie: "Turn about's fair play, Grim, if you're game?!"

Grim is secretly pleased with this and agrees! *thinking* She is a very unique fairy. I wonder if she's ever been sculpted, such wonderful cheekbones!*

They chat for a bit longer and then Grim starts to fade away, much like Sophie's overwhelming grief!

Sophie feels oddly better.

Still sad with Adam's passing, but lighter somehow, a little less devastated.

Time to get back to her family and help the others get through the sorrow of losing Adam.

She finds them all still in the throws of grief, of course.

Adam's passing still so fresh that it will take some time for it to lessen and not overwhelm them.

His golden urn is in the middle of the room, a part of him still among them, like he will always be.

And grief is expressed by his family in a myriad of ways.

Some eat cake. Lots and lots of cake.

And over the next few days, some endure physical activity to ease their stress.

Like Crewe.

And Sasha.

But Sophie has plans that need to be discussed, so she talks to Logan about the cottage across the road.

Sam and Andres are nearby and know that something serious is going on but don't want to intrude.

Sophie visits the cottage across the road, meets with Donell Wolf, and checks out the house.

She's very pleased with it and makes her decision.

Then she has the hardest family meeting ever, telling them that she's staying in Twinbrook!

The grandkids aren't happy about it, they just lost their Grandpa and don't want to lose Mémé too!

Logan explains: "Your Mémé doesn't want to take up a space in the house for the move. Which one of you would want to stay behind?"

Their sober faces reflect the difficulty of that choice.

But Sophie interrupts saying: *firmly* I'm  taking the decision away from you---which is the proper thing  for the matriarch of the family to do! The papers are all signed. I'm moving after your YA birthdays."

Sam jumps up from the table in her distress. Logan standing up to comfort her. Polly and Crewe sit there in stunned shock, with Natasha just crying softly for Grandpa Adam and now her Mémé.

Sasha stands soberly taking it all in, *thinking* Wow, the matriarch has to make really tough choices. I'm glad it's Sophie!*

And we leave the Frio family in their turmoil of sadness and sorrow.

Their patriarch of so many years gone.

Their matriarch choosing to stay behind so they can all move on to the next town and continue their journey together.

But life is forever changing and their sorrow will lessen and pass as they fill their lives with new adventures and make new memories.

Join us as their journey continues in Chapter 47-- An Heir from the Frio Trio
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 47-- An Heir from the Frio Trio
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
At 11 pm on the eve of Adam's death, his granddaughter Reagan delivers his first great-grandchild, Adam Hemlock!

A vampire/fairy hybrid that's a grumpy virtuoso!

Rae's musical genius is passed on through Sadie to the newest member of the Frio clan!

As Sophie rocks quietly with little Adam, she can't help but think of her own dear love.

Sophie: *thinking* He's just one more part of our family legacy dearest. And with you moving on with the family and the rest of the Frio's removed, I made the right choice. I belong here caring for our great grandson, and any others that follow. You'll be watching over the rest of the family as they continue their journey. We've both done what is proper.*

The trio's birthdays arrive and everyone is excited about seeing them grow up!

Pollyanna goes first.

And the eldest of the Frio Trio turns out well. Very well, indeed.

The perfect mix of her Ursine/Frio/Sekemoto/Rodgers/Crewe genes!

The Ursine/Frio red hair and coloring with a touch of Sekemoto facial shape and her Mémé's blue eyes and bow mouth.

And her mother's Good and Insane traits!

Dee: "I really would have liked you to pass on those genes Polly!"

Polly: "I still may. If I can ever find the right guy for me."

Crewe goes next as the 2nd born, looking quite excited despite the birthday crowd!

Like all Frio males, Crewe grows up good-looking but very serious.

Natasha makes up for it with her excitement showing clearly in her wide smile and victory cheer!

No disciplined frown this time.

Logan looks shocked as he realizes his son is a man, but Sasha, poor Sasha looks appalled!

Dee: "Sash! What's wrong?!"

Sasha: *gulping* "Not wrong exactly. It's just… my little boy is all grown up! It's going to take a bit of getting used to!"

Dee: "It does, Sash, it does. Have to let go more and let them try their wings. Literally in his case!"

Someone else has grown up a bit too!

Cristopher has aged to teen, gaining the Absent-Minded trait.

I'm sure that will foul his evil plans as he won't remember them most of the time!

Cris: *blinking* "What was that? I spaced out there for a moment!"

Dee: "Just mentioning that you had your teen birthday."

Cris: "I did? Oh yeah, the cake the other night. And I'm learning to drive now!"

Dee: *jaw drops* thinking* Now that's one scary thought. An evil absent-minded Sim learning to drive!*
Saying: "Maybe you should stick to flying."

Cris: "I can fly?!"

Dee: "Oh boy." *changing the subject*  "What happened to your hair? It looks a bit lopsided."

Cris: "I was trimming the sides a bit and somehow I made that side much too short. I guess the razor slipped."

Dee: *horrified* "I see. Maybe next time you can just go to a stylist or let me take care of it. But you're missing the party!  You need to turn around. Crewe and his cake are over there."

Cris: "Oh yeah, right. Thanks for reminding me."

Dee: "Anytime, anytime." *thinking* That would be a full time job if he was part of the active family!*

Sam is up next as the youngest of our Trio and immediately begins to cheer!

Dee: "No complaints this time? Not even about me giving Cris a spot and mentioning his birthday?"

Sam: "No, I just realized that being the youngest has some advantages. I'll get old last too!"

Dee: "Well, you would have if your siblings weren't fairies. They'll have a much longer young adulthood than you will."

Sam: *instantly hostile* "You just have to suck the fun out of every moment of my life, don't you?"

Dee: *apologizing* "I am sorry, Sam. But to make it up to you, especially for mentioning that on your birthday,  we do still have several Young Again Potions in the family chest. I think that would only be fair since you're the only human of the trio."

Sam: *mollified* "Really? You'd allow me to do that?"

Dee: "Yes. My birthday present to you. I'm sure your whole family would agree with that decision. So blow out those candles already!"

And Samantha ages up in gray which she likes, but with that severe hair again.

I think she looks very much like her mother, but others have said she looks like her father!

Sam: "What do you all think out there? And remember, I'm grumpy and mean so be careful!"

And just as soon as Crewe eats his cake, he asks Joanna to move in! Or tries to.

Crewe: "You're such a great girl Jo! And you're grown up now too. Congratulations on your birthday, by the way! I was thinking, if you wouldn't mind it, and that if your parents were okay with it…even though I don't like a lot of people around…but I would love to paint you…and it would give me plenty of time if you were here all the time…"

Joanna: *finally figuring out what he's really asking* "Yes, Crewe, I'd love to move in. I care about you a lot and you throw great parties.  And your television has a nice clear picture and you have such a comfy couch!"

Dee: *thinking* Not sure if these two are really on the same page yet, but I'm hoping time will fix that!*

Sophie keeps her word and right after the party she moves to her new place.

Logan and Sasha help her get settled in.

Logan: "This place has a wonderful flower garden Mom, and I'm sure you fill up that fenced in area with plants of your own!"

Sophie: "Yes, I will. This place makes me feel very much at home already, almost like it was made for me. I'm excited about living here. I'll miss your father of course. But he'll always be in my heart and I have so many wonderful memories of our lives together. Let's go inside and check out the rooms and see what I'll need to bring over from the main house. The cottage came furnished, but I might like a few of my own pieces."

And with an empty space in the house, Sam doesn't waste anytime.

She invites Andres over, as he had to work during the party, and meets him outside.

She greets him and asks him to move in first thing.

Not timid or shy at all our Sam!

Luckily, Andres loves that about her and eagerly accepts her invitation.

Logan and Sasha visit Sophie in her new cottage.

She speaks with Sasha privately.

Sasha: *But Mother Sophie, are you sure?"

Sophie: "Don't worry Sasha. Anyone who can bear and raise triplets, have a fourth child, keep her marriage going strong and let her husband focus on his career and complete his LTW and complete her own, can easily handle the role of Matriarch! You've gone above and beyond your duties as heir spouse and mother and I want you to know that I'm proud of you! And more than that, you are one of my daughters! Not a daughter-in-law, but a daughter of my heart. I love you dear, and no more Mother Sophie! Just Mom from now on!"

Sasha: *with tears in her eyes and a catch in her throat* "I love you too…Mom. Wow, it feels so right to say that. You have truly become my Mom. Caring for me, helping me along the way, showing me what's proper when I go off the deep end! I'll do my best to make the right decisions for the family as the new Matriarch."

Sophie: *squeezing her tight* "You are so good Sasha. You will always make the right decisions and do what's best for the family, even if others don't see it that way at first. Trust in yourself, dear. And remember, I'm only a phone call away!"

When Logan joins them upstairs, Sophie tells them what she's been thinking about it since Snowflake Day. 

Sophie: "The thought popped into my head at the gift-giving party. A wonderful gift for the family. And now with all the stress of the last few days, I think it's needed more than ever. I've booked a vacation for your new family of eight to Isla Paradiso!"

Logan: *hugging her tightly* "Mom, that sounds fantastic! Just what we all need to catch our breath before the heir and new town decisions! But you look tired after all this moving in today."

Sophie: "I am a bit tired. So I'll go get some sleep while you guys go pack. You leave in the morning!"

The whole family is thrilled with the vacation plans, but with Mémé springing the trip on them so soon
they hadn't had time to discuss their final YA traits, LTW's and who's going to be the new heir.

They'd barely had time for make-overs or a few summer time additions to their wardrobes for the hot climate in Isla Paradiso.

So on their trip, they have avidly been discussing all of these topics.

And then, on a particularly long layover, Sasha surprises them all by saying it's obvious who the heir will be!

Sasha: *ticking off points on her fingers and saying matter-of-factly*
"Let's look at Polly's bio:

Pollyanna Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: Seaside Savior (rescue 50 sims as a lifeguard)
Traits: Good, Insane, Eccentric, Dislikes Children, and Slob
Fav's: Chinese, Firecracker Tofu, and Irish Green
RI: None yet

"First, Polly doesn't have an RI in Twinbrook. Second, she dislikes children, so it's pretty obvious that even with a RI, she wouldn't be inclined to produce an heir. She would do it because it was required, not because she wanted a child. And no child should be brought into the world without parents overjoyed at their birth! And third, her career as a Lifeguard will be pretty demanding, she will be putting her life on the line all the time. So heirship just wouldn't be the right thing for her, even if she was eligible."

Pollyanna*surprised* "You're right Mom! I never even thought of it that way, but I would be putting my life on the line every day at work! And a child. I would do that too. Because it's required for the heir to produce the next one, not because I wanted a child. That would be wrong! You and dad have always showed us so much love, I wouldn't want my child to grow up feeling unloved or unwanted!"

Sasha continues: "And Samantha's traits and LTW:

Samantha Frio-- young adult human
LTW: Mad Scientist
Traits: Eccentric, Grumpy, Mean-Spirited, Gatherer, and Can't Stand Art
Fav's: French, Crepes,  and Grey
BF: Andres Prudence

"As the youngest of the trio, she's always been last. She wants to do her own thing, not follow rules, so being heir wouldn't give her the freedom to put herself and Andres first.

Her lifespan will be shorter, even with a potion or two.*giving her daughter a look* "I'm insane not deaf!"

*gentling her voice*  "Samantha you want to focus on your career and Andres. Heirship would end up being a burden for you, not the family privilege it's supposed to be."

Sam nods in agreement as her mother speaks, unable to voice her thoughts.*How could she know what's in my heart? I didn't even realize all of that until she said it out loud! She really is amazing this mother of ours!*

And without a word she is enfolded in her mother's embrace!

Samantha doesn't utter a grumpy sound of annoyance or make a mean-spirited comment, she just hugs her mother back with all the love she has inside of her.

"And Andres just wants to be with his Sam!"

"He's madly in love with her and will do everything in his power to please her."

Andres Prudence-- young adult human
LTW: Canine Companion (befriend 15 dogs)
Traits: Dog Person, Loner, Can't Stand Art, Loves the Heat, and Loves the Outdoors
Fav's: Egyptian, Egg Rolls, and Red
GF: Samantha Frio

Sasha continues: "Notice I said please HER, not the family, or even himself. He's totally devoted to Sam."

*giving him a smile* "As is proper for a man in love, as Mom would say!"

Andres *nodding* "I would do anything and everything for Samantha. If she wanted heirship, I would do everything in my power to assist her. But to see her be burdened by it? *gulping* I couldn't stand by and watch that!"

*Sasha takes a breathe so she can continue* "And last but certainly not least, Crewe. Our only son.

Crewe Frio--young adult fairy
LTW: Illustrious Author (Master Painting and Writing)
Traits: Loner, Athletic, Artistic, Socially Awkward, and Neurotic
Fav's: Kid's Music, Spaghetti w/Vegie Sauce, and Lime
GF: Joanna Drudge

"Crewe is and always has been focused in his life, especially now with his art. He has the dedication to take on the responsibility of heirship. Even his new neurotic trait will keep him focused. On the family's safety, if nothing else. He can write and paint when he needs to be alone, but that won't interfere with his heirship duties."

Crewe: "You'd think it would make me nervous taking on heirship. But it doesn't. It feels like it's always been my destiny! And I said all of that without hesitating. That's got to mean something!"

Sasha: *smiling with certainty at her son* "It means that heirship always goes to the right one. It fits like a glove or a shoe! Not too small, not too big, just slips on like it was made just for you!"

"And JoAnna, *with a sympathetic but impish smile* "I know I'm jumping the gun here and I don't mean to embarrass you, but as heir spouse you could bring some interesting new traits into the family! As well as continuing the Klepto trait! A trait our founding matriarch Claire possessed and that has been passed down through several generations, including to my dear husband, Logan!"

Joanna: *In surprised relief* "That was the one thing I dreaded telling you all! I've always been told it's my worse trait!"

The family as a whole: "Not in the Frio family!"

JoAnna Drudge--young adult human
LTW: Blog Artist (Level 10 Social Networking Skill and have a 5 Star Blog)
Traits: Unflirty, Avant-Garde, Kleptomaniac, Excitable, and Couch Potato
Fav's: Roots, Tofu Dogs, and Yellow
BF: Crewe Frio

Sasha continues: "As well as different facial features, especially mouth shape," she adds jokingly, "the lips are really wearing thin! And your hair color is so vibrant, not mousy brown like mine, it's like corn silk. I would love to see that color and texture passed on to a dear grandchild!"

JoAnna *blushing and not looking at anyone, especially Crewe* "I'll do my best, Mother Sasha."

Sasha: "Nope. I made that mistake for a lot of years. It's just Mom! You've left your parents behind and joined us on our journey. You and Andres are our children now too! None of the in-law nonsense."

And with that, she impulsively hugs both Andres and JoAnna.

They get to their destination with heirship settled, which is a huge relief for all of them.

Though they are all a bit surprised that it was Sasha who opened everyone's eyes to see that the choice was right in front of them all along.

And Isla Paradiso is everything they dreamed and more!

The resort is amazing with a huge pool and the nearby beach a crystal clear cerulean blue that only the tropics possess.

The views and scenery are beyond words.

Crewe has this view from a hot air balloon committed to memory!

Over the next few days, everyone keeps going on and on about hating for their vacation to end and having to go back to Twinbrook to choose a new town and get everything packed.

There's still so much they haven't done! Scuba Diving, exploring the islands, checking out all the beaches and other resorts. They could spend a lifetime here and still find things to do and explore!

They hate the thought of leaving such a paradise!

Sasha thinks about what everyone has been saying and makes a phone call.

Sasha: *excitedly* "Mom, it's me. The resort is fantastic! Thank you so much for thinking of this trip. Logan and I have been talking but I wanted to get your input on something as well."

Sasha makes several other calls and ends the last one with these words: "Thank you so much. It sounds perfect! I'll get my family over there as soon as I can."

She asks everyone to jump in the car for a drive. They go to a beautiful home higher up the mountain.

Everyone exclaims on how nice the property is and that the view is even more spectacular from up here!

Crewe: *in awe* "I could paint for the rest of my life, right from this spot, and still not capture every nuance of the beauty of these islands!"

Sasha can't contain her excitement any longer and blurts out: "I'm glad you all love it because this is our new home! We're staying here in the Islands! I talked it over with Mémé and your Dad, and they both agreed with me. I've made my first big decision as the new matriarch and bought this house!"

Everyone is overjoyed at her news!

Isla Paradiso is the perfect place to continue their journey! 

What an amazing trip it turned out to be!

Sasha has proven her mettle as Matriarch.

First by showing everyone that Crewe and JoAnna were destined to be the new heir couple.

And then by buying a house in Isla Paradiso and making it their new home!

Chapter 48-- Living in Paradise!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 48-- Living in Paradise!
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2018, 08:38:15 PM »
Sasha tells them she did some research and the Stadium and Hospital are just across town, so easy drives for both her and Logan.

Sasha mentions the Science Lab is the farthest workplace from the new house in IP, and the beaches where Polly will be working are all on the shores, of course.

Sam comments: "Since Andres and I both Can't Stand Art, it will be difficult for us to remain very long in the same house with all of Grandpa Sam's art and now Crewe's! So we'll be looking for our own place soon."

And Andres, being a bit more diplomatic, adds: "But in the meantime, a drive and then a boat ride to the Science Lab on the nearby island in the most beautiful place we've ever seen certainly won't be a hardship!"

The house originally only had a partial 2nd floor with that set up as the 2nd bedroom.

But with 3 couples, a few more bedrooms would be needed. Along with a couple of bathrooms upstairs.

So while a local contractor worked on the house, the Frio family took advantage of the resort.

Sam and Andre tried their hand at gambling, but both lost and decide to commiserate with each other with a long kiss.

Polly looks on rather wistfully, so I try to distract her with a question.

Dee: "Nice shorts, but why a long-sleeve top and boots? It must be over 90 degrees out here!"

Polly: "Oh, the airline told us some of our luggage is being tracked down."

Dee: "They lost your luggage!?"

Polly: "They said misplaced, not lost. And they told us we could pick some stuff out from lost and found. This is all I could find that fit."

Sasha and Natasha enjoy the pool!

Dee: "Really Sash? Swimming in that? Is that just you or is your luggage missing too?"

Sasha: "No, I have all my stuff. The long sleeves and the length are keeping me from getting sunburned!"

Dee: *shaking my head* "If you say so, but most sims just use sunscreen!"

Logan chats with a couple of the locals and then finds out they're not really!

The woman was the mixologist for the poolside bar and the man was a paparazzi!

They can't escape them even in paradise, but this one's not obnoxious so they let him snap a few shots of their stay.

I find Crewe dancing by himself by the skating rink.

Dee: "Why are you dancing alone? Where's JoAnna?"

Crewe: "Um, I like to dance? And I think she's still in the room watching TV."

Sure enough I find our couch potato happy as a clam watching TV in their room.

Dressed in her boots and black outfit!

Dee: "What happened to the summer outfits we bought?"

Jo: *a bit distracted by the show* "They were in the suitcases the airline is trying to track down."

Dee: "Well, at least go out and enjoy the sunshine and spend some time with Crewe."

Jo: "The shows almost over so I'll be out in a bit."

True to her word, Joanna meets up with Crewe by the roller skating rink and they give it a try.

They skate slowly around but both are a bit wobbly on their feet.

Then they take a break from skating for some romantic time of their own.

The islands are very conducive to romance!

And before they know it the house is ready to move in!

The 2nd story is finished and the movers have all 4 bedrooms set up.

The bottom right bedroom with the four-poster  bed is Logan and Sasha's room.

Sam and Andres chose the top left bedroom with the purple bedspread.

JoAnna was intrigued with the Hover Bed, so she picked that room for her and Crewe.

The central hall was left open for musical instruments for Natasha and an easel for Crewe.

Two more easels were set up on the upstairs balcony along with two treasure chests and a fairy house.

The 1st floor layout stayed the same except a bathroom was removed to make the small bedroom bigger and it was set up as their study for now.

It will probably get turned into a nursery when the next gen arrives and the study will be moved upstairs into one of the unused bedrooms.

The patio out back is set up with 4 easels for Crewe along with the drafting table on one side.

He's already got a few canvases under way!

Two of their rocking chairs with a small table between them grace the other side.

Two lounge chairs came with the house, so they set them up near the new pool.

Joanna enjoys a swim while Crewe enjoys his view of her in her new swimsuit.

Crewe: *thinking* Wow, glad they found the rest of our luggage. Especially that suit, Jo is so cute in it! I wish I could say things like that to her without tripping over my own tongue. I know, I'll ask her to let me paint her in it. Then I'll have it forever!*

Sam and Andres head to one of the beaches for a romantic day alone.

They stretch out on their towels and let the sun's rays seep into their bodies as they murmur to each other.

Andres: "This is the life Samantha! I can't believe we're going to live here. Your Mom made the best decision ever!"

Sam: *lovingly, her thoughts dwelling on Andres* "Yeah, I'm having a hard time being grumpy or mean here. This place is just wonderful. I can't find anything to complain about!"

Andres: *chuckling* "So all it takes is sunshine every day and a towel on the beach! I'll remember that!"

Sam: *dreamily* "And you hot stuff! And you!"

And with those words, she leaps up and jumps into his arms!

After hearing about the two couples wonderful day together, Pollyanna is feeling a bit left out.

So she checks out her backpack with the genie lamps she brought from Twinbrook.

Polly is shocked that the Genies she knew in Twinbrook are no longer in the lamps!

The first two were new female genies and then the 3rd one was a new male genie!

Seeing her distress the Genie asks: "What's wrong mistress?"

Polly: *frantic* "Joshua, I've lost my friend Joshua from the lamp. I must have taken the wrong one!"

Genie: "When did you last see him?"

Polly: "Back in Twinbrook! We were friends and I promised him he could come with me when we moved."

Genie: *shaking his heard sorrowfully* "He must have been a young genie not to have known that once he was released from the lamp he would be tied to that place."

Polly: *horrified* "So he's there all alone now!?"

Genie: "Not exactly, mistress. If he became your friend, you can call him and speak with him, but he's no longer tied to the lamp you brought with you. That's my lamp now. Oh, I beg your pardon, I'm neglecting my duties as Genie of the Lamp!" *he bows formally and says:* "I am Antony, mistress. I have the power to grant you 3 wishes! Your wish is my command!"

Pollyanna thinks a moment: "Three wishes? Anything?"

Antony: "Not quite. I have power but it is not unlimited. Many wish for wealth, or beauty, or even longer life. But you are not in need of beauty mistress. If I may be so bold, you already possess it!"

Polly: *surprised and flattered* "Why thank you!" *thinking a moment longer* "But we don't need wealth, we have more money than we'll ever use. I do have a long life, but a few more days wouldn't hurt. So I'll ask for long life for my 1st wish!"

Antony: "Granted mistress."

And as he utters those words, Polly is engulfed in gold sparkles!

And her YA lifespan goes from her original 105 to 210 days!

But then Genie, Antony, bows again and says: "I must return to my lamp to restore my power for your next wish.
Think carefully, and choose wisely!"

But it's not all fun and games in Paradise.

Logan and Sasha have returned to work at the hospital and stadium respectively.

And though at the pinnacle of their careers, they are the new kids on the block, and need to meet their new bosses and co-workers.

Here's the new stadium where Sasha is a superstar!

Speaking of new kids, Natasha has to finish school.

She gets invited over to a classmate's house, Chandell Scott, after school the first day.

Her first look at the house is a bit shocking!

Tasha: *thinking* Wow, the houses here sure are colorful! I stand out like a sore thumb in my black and white! And I'm going to have to ditch this jacket. It's way too warm! I may even have to rethink so much black here in paradise!*

And as dusk falls one evening, Rae puts her stamp of approval on the new town and house.

Dee: "Welcome home Rae!"

Rae: "Nice place, very nice! Who chose this time?"

Dee: "Believe it or not, Sasha!"

Rae: "Not hard to believe! She married my grandson and became part of the Frio family. That shows plenty of smarts right there! And she used that potion too. Another good choice on her part. And raised triplets! The Frio Trio they call themselves! Now that takes gumption, to have that many nooboos at once. And with a full time career to boot. Logan chose well!"

And Rae continues rocking, enjoying the beautiful night and warm breeze.

And then they get a letter from Mémé!
==========================================================================
Dear Family in Paradise,

I'm writing a newsy letter for all of you with pictures from home enclosed!

Everyone watches as each picture is removed with Mémé's notes about the proper order of them.

First, pictures of her cottage. (A special build from MrsFlynn--- author's note below)

Here's the outside with more extensive plants and flowers and my fairy house, of course.
The weather's not sunny and warm here yet, so no vegetables planted in the side yard yet.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the pool at first.
I thought it might be too painful for me with my dear Adam's love of swimming.
But now that I've been here on my own for a bit, I've decided it will be a place for me to relax after gardening and bring back wonderful memories of him and our family. Remember those lazy summer days with the whole family swimming in the pool? And I'm sure the rest of the family here, especially the grandchildren, will love it in summers to come!

Has he shown himself at the new house yet? Once he does, it will be time to write his memorial.
All of the details are enclosed but just need someone with a gift for words to put it all together.
I would like to bestow that honor to Crewe, the new writer in our family.

Here's the kitchen with the bar counter. It's done in calming brown tones with muted green accents.

And here's my living room with a rocking chair next to the cozy fireplace.

It's just the right size for me to kick back and relax or invite the family over for gatherings.

And the upstairs has a small library area on one side with my exercise equipment on the other.

It's a perfect place for me, cozy and comfortable, with no art to get on my nerves!

I miss my dear Adam, of course, and all of you, but I'm keeping busy with all of the family here in Twinbrook.

As you know, Jamie and Rosalie Peddler decided it was time for their own place, especially since Jamie is a Loner and Dislikes Children. The sounds of little Adam's cries were driving him crazy!
No news of an engagement, but we're all hoping to hear something soon.

You know that Alexander Wilks and Raegan got engaged but with more space in the house, Alexander's moved in to Hemlock House!

Jimmie was a bit put off at first, until Alexander asked for Raegan's hand and explained that he would have done that earlier but Raegan was being stubborn about getting married!

Alexander Wilks--young adult human
LTW: Forensic Specialist: Dynamic DNA Profiler (currently at level 1--snitch)
Traits: Loner, Dramatic, Loser, Good, and Athletic
Fav's: Digitunes, Crepes, Irish Green

Sadie tells me that the first thing he did was play with his son, little Adam!
And despite it showing a complete lack of propriety, not to mention privacy, she listened at the door of the nursery!

Alexander: "Hello my son! I was thinking of Alberto for your name, but your mother was right to choose Adam after your great-grandfather! It fits you and I know the rest of the family is happy with her choice."

*thinking* Now if I can just get used to these sparkles. And then wings. And then sharp teeth. I love your mother and she has all of those things. I'm not so sure I was prepared for a child with them! But I'm sure I'll adjust. That or faint!*

"You know I can faint at will little guy? I guess that's my special talent! Maybe you'll inherit that one day. I can wait though. Now that I'm living here and we're one step closer to being a family, we've got plenty of time to get to know each other. And I'll be working on your mother to pick a date for the wedding soon! I agreed to naming you Adam, but I want the world to know you as my son, Adam Wilks!"

Sadie said she couldn't help but think that such an honorable and good man is just the right one to keep our Raegan centered, and become a wonderful addition to the Frio family! Even though I don't approve of the way she obtained that information, I would have to agree with that sentiment.

As for his loser trait, time will tell. It didn't affect Grandma Rae's brother Heath so much. He married and had twin sons before the family moved to Moonlight Falls. I think traits are much like fate, not written in stone, able to be lived with and overcome when necessary. That's why the Frios don't change them for themselves. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Mémé continues her letter:

Pollyanna, dear, Jarrod Darer especially wanted you to know that he and his Nadine now have a son, Jordan!
He said the first of a large family, they hope, and all thanks to us.
I'm not sure what he meant by that, but he is such a sweet young man, and one of the proudest papa's I've ever seen!

Everyone take care, we all send our love. I'll send more pictures next time.
And remember, I'm only a phone call away!

Love, Mom/Mémé
====================================================================================

Everyone smiles at one another as Sasha folds the letter and places the pictures carefully inside.

Sasha: "These definitely go in the family albums! I'm so glad things are going well back in Twinbrook.  And I hope everyone's happy with my choice of Paradise as our new home."

They all gather round Sasha and hug each other and tell her it was a wonderful decision.

And with their first week in Paradise coming to a close, they all start thinking of all the things they are going to do and accomplish in their new hometown, Isla Paradiso!

Chapter 49--New Adventures in Paradise

***Author's note: A heartfelt thank you to MrsFlynn as Sophie's Cottage was a special build from her!
Here's the house info:
---- -- -- ---- -- -- ----
* Name: Sumer (Build 3)
* Bds/Ba: 2Beds/3Ba
* Price On Lot: $65,036. Mostly Furnished
* Lot size: 30x30
* Built on: 2250 Pinochle Point, SV.
* -- (Build 3) --
* Unique Things: 1-Story home w/attic room and fireplace
==========
Patch Version: 1.67 -- Compatible with future patches.
==========
Includes items from:
Various Eps/sps for furnishings and decor
Sims 3 Store items from Contemporary Livingroom and Bedroom
= -= * =-= ~ = -= * =-=

Contemporary Comfort Living
https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37325

Contemporary Comfort Bedroom
https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37312

The inside was perfect with tasteful furnishings and no art, just the way Sophie prefers!
The small pool was added because I originally planned for Sophie and Adam to move there together.
 I did add the fenced in yard for Sophie's future vegetable/herb garden.
And a walkway to that garden with more plants and a fairy house to give it that cottage garden feel just for Sophie!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 49--New Adventures in Paradise
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
The first thing Pollyanna did after signing up as a Lifeguard at City Hall was to start snorkeling.

It was the first step required for scuba diving, to get you acclimated to the mouthpiece, headgear, and fins. She wasn't sure how it would go with her wings, but they actually made her more buoyant and stabilized while she was snorkeling.

And she loved flying over the waves on a jet ski! No one in her family was brave enough to join her though. They call her a demon on the water!

And before she knew it, she was given her snorkeling certificate and told she could scuba dive at Rocky Reef, the beginner dive spot!

She was a little nervous and with good reason as the first thing she saw under the water was a shark!

But she didn't let that deter her! She went again the next day, during daylight this time, and got some amazing pictures. Her favorite was the one with the giant clam shells and a cave!

Crewe and JoAnna enjoy breakfast together each morning. With both of them working from home, they get to spend a lot of their free time together.

JoAnna: "Do you think Polly will find some more rocks and gems along with seashells while she's scuba diving?"

Crewe: "Probably. When she's not working as a Lifeguard at one of the beaches, that's all she does! I wouldn't want to be at the beach with a crowd, but some of the underwater pics she's taken are beautiful! I'll have to see if I can do some sketches or paintings of them."

And Sam and Andres are taking full advantage of their beautiful new home.

Spending time alone together in their room.

Dee: "Before you say it, I KNOW. Alone time, means ALONE! Just wanted to show everyone how well you too are getting along."

Sam:*refusing to even look at me* "But some things are private!  And Andres doesn't like a crowd any more than I like an audience!"

Dee: "Enough said. I'll try to catch you two at a more opportune moment!"

I head outside to give them some real alone time and find JoAnna in Sasha's garden.

Dee: "Going to try your hand at some gardening?"

Jo: *shaking her head* "No, I was just thinking that this is why Sasha's meals taste so good! She uses fresh ingredients that she's grown herself. I admire all her hard work, but am not so inclined myself."

Dee: "So what are you going to do with yourself? Besides work on your social networking skill and establishing your blog, I mean?"

Jo: *worried* "Well, those both do take up a lot of my time. But I guess I need to pull my weight around here more than that. Do you have any suggestions?"

Dee: "You could register as a Homemaker. They give you a weekly stipend for doing regular household chores. But they do monitor your efforts so you actually have to do a few things, like dishes, make beds, and laundry."

Jo: *brightening* I could do that! And since we have a maid, it wouldn't take up too much of my time. They do let you keep a maid for the heavy stuff right?!"

Dee: "I think so. That sounds like a good plan for you. And if it doesn't work out, it's not like we need the money!"

Jo: "That's true. I didn't realize just how well off Crewe's family was, but I don't want them to think I'm just a lazy free loader! And I could help out by 'finding' a few profitable things around town!"

Dee: *laughing* "Given half a chance, I'm sure you would! But I've heard that the law enforcement here in the Islands is pretty tight and several sims around town have already been apprehended after 'finding' things that were not there own! So be very, very, careful!"

And with that settled, Jo heads for the water slide to have some fun in the pool.

I catch up with Polly working as a Lifeguard. Or trying to.

Polly: *sadly* "How can I reach my LTW of rescuing 50 sims as a Lifeguard, if no one comes to the beach? Or swims? Or starts drowning?"

Dee: "That's pretty bad Polly when to fulfill your LTW sims have to put their life at risk!"

Polly: "That is odd now that you mention it! I'm a Good sim and I want to help people, but they have to almost drown before I can help them! Seems a bit silly. It would be easier to make the beaches no swimming areas, sims wouldn't be in danger that way! But then I wouldn't be able to complete my LTW or have a job. Nope, I just have to advertise that the beaches are safe for swimming and get more sims here!"

Dee: "Do you think that will work?"

Polly: "I won't know unless I give it a try."

Dee: "Okay, but don't do anything drastic!"

But before Polly acts on her beach advertising, she has a very negative scuba diving incident!

With a shark!

Dee: *horrified* "Polly! Polly! Oh no. Watchers everywhere save her!"

Polly: "Take that, and that and that! I'm just looking at the scenery you sharp-toothed buffoon! I am NOT food!"

And though a bit worse for wear, Polly survives!

But what is that before her eyes? A man? A fish?

It's a merman! Raegan was wrong, they do exist and she actually found one!

Merman: "Are you okay miss? I swam as fast as I could when I noticed you tangling with that shark!"

Polly: *awe in her voice* "Are you real or have I died and gone to Simheaven?"

Merman:*smiling a bit at her tone* "I'm real. My names Salty. Salty Seaworth. What's your name?"

Polly: *babbling in her excitement*  "Pollyanna Frio. I'm new to Paradise. We moved here from Twinbrook. My cousin told me that mermaids weren't real! But I told her that some sims didn't believe in vampires or fairies either and she's both. I'm just a fairy!"

Salty: *shocked as he realizes her pink sparkles are actually wings!* "Wings! You are a fairy and you have gorgeous pink wings! I didn't realize fairies existed outside of fairy tales."

At his words they both smile and start getting to know one another.

Back at home, another couple is spending a lot of alone time together!

Let's see if we can take a sneak peek without being too intrusive.

Andres is very romantic and sweeps her in his arms for a passionate kiss!

Time for us to skedaddle before Sam notices us hovering!

As dawn arrives, I find Logan trying to discover another potion to fulfill his want to discover all of them!

But I'm met with an unexpected guest.

Dee: "Hi, Sam! I'm so glad you're comfortable enough in the new town to join us. We always know the family is really settling in when you ghosts show up."

Sam: "I was too afraid to be the first one! Rae, Jared, and Claire are all so much braver than I am."

Dee: "Well, I've only seen Rae rocking, besides you. I'm sure Jared and Claire have been around, but I've not chatted to them in the rockers yet. *timidly* How's Adam doing? We haven't seen him at all and I think everyone is a bit worried."

Sam: "He's adjusting. You know I still faint when I see the other ghosts, even though I am one! Adam's not like that, so once he gets used to it, the sensations and all, he'll be around. He won't be able to resist checking up on his family. And wow, wait 'til he sees this view! He'll be real proud of the new town and this house. The family's already made it into a home, especially putting the rockers out for us. I think I'll check out the ones in the front yard too."

As I follow Sam around the corner, I stumble upon Samantha and Andres.

Apparently they've been out here all night and then I see Andres drop to one knee and propose!

Andres: "Samantha Frio, I worship the ground you walk on and would be honored and the happiest man in the world, if you would consent to be my wife?"

Both Andres and I wait with bated breathe….

And Sam, our grumpy, mean-spirited Sam, does what most young women being proposed to do.

She squeals with delight and jumps up and down with joy!

Sam: "Oh yes, Andres! Yes, yes, yes! I didn't think I would be so excited. Gosh, I think I may even cry! What have you done to me, Andres? I'm turning into a lovesick sim!"

Andres: "Then I've accomplished my mission and I want to make you this happy every day for the rest of our lives!"

Sam: *her voice husky with love and unshed tears* "Let's keep this just between us for now. I want us to enjoy it as our little secret just for a bit."

And they hug each other, overjoyed at the happiness they have found together and at the thought of a lifetime filled with love.

I glance over and see ghostly Sam rocking contentedly next to someone with wings and realize it wasn't just me that overheard Andres' proposal and Sam's joyous response.

These two won't be able to keep their engagement a secret for too long!

Polly chats with her new Genie friend, Antony.

Polly: "Before you go into your Genie of the lamp spiel, I've got to tell someone my secret and you're the only one I can trust with it right now!"

Antony *intrigued by her statement* "What secret, mistress?"

Polly: *whispering* "I've met a merman! His name is Salty and he's got dark hair and dreamy eyes."

Antony: "A man? With dreamy eyes?" *shocked as he realizes he may have deeper feelings for Polly than a genie should for his mistress*

Polly: *playing with fairy dust* "Yes, very dreamy. I think he may be my destiny!"

And Polly is so lost in thought about her merman that she doesn't notice Antony return sadly to his lamp.

JoAnna's favorite past time is watching TV, so Crewe joins her and Sasha one day.

But they are soon more involved with each other than the show!

Sasha had wanted to play a video game but decides their privacy is more important so she heads out of the room. Quickly!

Crewe and JoAnna decide to spend time together at the Summer Festival so as they head into town, I check on Polly at the beach.

To my surprise Polly's advertising has paid off!

Her next Lifeguard shift actually has sims at the beach!

Dee: "It worked! Sims are here!"

Polly: *proudly* "Yes, and I've even saved a couple. Two down, 48 more to go!"

Dee: "Good for you Polly! Keep up the good work!"

And when I finally get to the festival, I find JoAnna and Crewe roller skating.

Dee: "Aww, you guys look so sweet together!"

Crewe: "No, don't talk to us…. I'm concen…."

But it was too late!

Dee: "Oops! Sorry guys. Are you both okay?"

JoAnna: "I'm okay. I fell on my most padded part! *shooting me a look* But I think Crewe landed on his face!"

Crewe: "mmpphhffplt!"

Dee: *scrunching up her face* "I'm really sorry."

But they both recover from their fall and have a great time at the Festival.

Crewe: "It's getting easier and easier to talk to you Jo."

JoAnna: "Maybe being named heir gave you more confidence."

Crewe: *moving closer* "No, I think it's you that gives me confidence."

JoAnna: *blushing* "Aw Crewe, you are so sweet."

I think that's our cue to focus on something else!

Dee: "In the middle of the foyer guys? No way you can tell me that's a private place! And what's the dishwasher doing in the foyer? And a counter? WHAT is going on!?"

Sam: *stopping their kiss reluctantly* "To answer all of your questions quickly. Yes, we are in the middle of the foyer. No, it is NOT a private place. The dishwasher and the counter are in here because there's a leak in the kitchen and Mom is trying to fix it before my party!"

Dee: "A leak in the kitchen? Wait. What party?!"

Sam: *with a self-satisfied smile* "That's for me to know and you to find out!"

You're all invited to Sam's party! Join us and find out who else she's invited!

And we can see how close Crewe and JoAnna are getting.

Will Genie Antony get Polly to notice he's a man and available?

Or will Pollyanna find her dreamy merman again!

Chapter 50--  Samantha Throws A Party!
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
Chapter 50-- Samantha Throws A Party!

The guests start arriving and Sam puts on this outfit and I realize she's throwing a bachelorette party!

Dee: "You told your family that you and Andres got engaged!"

Sam: "We did. Thank you for keeping our secret. But I think someone else spilled the beans because Mom and Dad didn't seem all that surprised!"

Dee: "With the way you two have been carrying on, not much of a secret really!"

Sam: *too happy to care* "No, I guess not. But…*squealing with delight* I'm getting married to my love and all is right with the world for a change!"

And with those words she goes back to her guests.
Screenshot-34.jpg

The guests all mingle, chat, and dance with multiple conversations going on around the room.

JoAnna is chatting with genie Arlene but with the look on Jo's face we may have to separate those two!

Others discuss the latest books written by Crewe.

And if I'm not mistaken, Sam and Sasha are discussing babies!

Dee: "Who brought that topic up already? They just got engaged Sasha!"

Sasha: "Well, Sam brought it up, but it's never too soon for nooboos! I was just giving her some pointers. Mainly one at a time, especially if it's just her and Andres! We survived triplets, but it took fours adults and still a lot of sleepless nights!"
Screenshot-46.jpg

Then the party dancers arrive and it gets a little wilder!

Polly is having a great time dancing along with one of them.

And I believe a zombie sim has joined the party.

That's okay as long as she just dances and doesn't attack anyone!

Then Sasha sprays fizzy nectar on JoAnna!

Jo: *laughing* "No, no, no---Oh, that tastes pretty good!"
Screenshot-67.jpg

And one of the party dancers introduces himself.

"I'm Hank, beautiful ladies! This seems like a great party. I'll hang around for a bit if you don't mind!"
Screenshot-59.jpg

The party goes on until the wee hours of the morning, and Sam and Andres relax afterwards in the hot tub!

Sam: "Paradise will be talking about my party for a long time! What a blast! But it feels so good just soaking here with you Andres."

Andres: "Relax and cuddle up for now my love. The next party is our wedding!"
Screenshot-81.jpg

Polly invites Salty to spend some time with her at the house.

They are totally focused on each other. They stare deeply into each other eyes.
Screenshot-108.jpg

And then share their first kiss!
Screenshot-105.jpg

Salty needs to rehydrate so they head to the hot tub.

But their relationship heats up faster than the water!
Screenshot-116.jpg

After sharing such special moments with Salty, Polly makes a decision about her second wish and summons Antony.

Antony: "I am yours to command Mistress!"

Polly: "No, I don't want our friendship to be like that!"

Antony: *hurt* "I don't understand Mistress! You no longer want to be my friend?"

Polly: *smiling* "No silly. I don't want our friendship to be mistress and genie. You didn't mention it as an option, but I want to release you from the lamp and from under my control!"

Antony: *hopefully* "Really Mistress?! That's one we aren't allowed to mention but it is an option, if you'll undergo the danger!"

Polly: *firmly* "I accept the challenge! I want you to be free Antony. *then more gently* Free of the lamp and free to find your own true love."

Antony: *embarrassed* "You know of my affection for you, then?"

Polly: *gently* "Yes, your eyes give you away. But I'm not your destiny Antony. I know it in my heart that you are meant for someone else."

Antony: "As you wish mistress. Then first you must subject the lamp to cold."
Screenshot-160.jpg

So Polly freezes the lamp.
Screenshot-170.jpg

But before she can continue with the next step it's time for Sam and Andres wedding!

The wedding arch, cake table, and chairs are all set up on the front lawn.

And Logan gives Andres some fatherly advice.

Logan: *seriously* "When you have a disagreement, NEVER, EVER, tell her to calm down! It's like waving a red flag in front of a furious bull! Just hold her and tell you're sorry and that you love her. Even if you don't know what you're sorry for. Wait. Especially if you don't know why or what for! And never ask what's wrong! You're supposed to know."

Andres: *confused* "But how am I supposed to know if I don't ask?!"

Logan: *shaking his head* "It's one of the mysteries of the known world. Men are supposed to know but we never do!"

Andres: *gulping* "This sounds harder than I thought it would be."

Logan: *confidently* "You'll be just fine, son. Sam can be a handful but remember, you love each other.  Spend time with each other, learn what brings the other joy and happiness, and make decisions together. You'll be a team now. You'll always have us as family, but you will depend on each other for loving support every day."

Andres: "Thank you Dad. You've helped me a lot. I may be calling you for more advice later though!"

Logan: "Anytime son, anytime."
Screenshot-126.jpg

And soon Andres bride appears next to him as the family and Salty take their seats.

Sam didn't throw a big wedding party as Andres' a loner and she didn't want him to be uncomfortable on their special day.
Screenshot-128.jpg

They exchange rings and vows.

Andres: *lovingly* "Samantha Frio, I love you more than life itself! I will do everything I can to make you smile every day, to shower you with love and joy for the rest of our lives."

Samantha: *with love in her voice and eyes* "Andres Prudence, from the moment we met I felt there was something special between us. First as friends, then sweethearts, and now as your wife. I promise to love you more each and every day as long as we both shall live!'
Screenshot-134.jpg

And then they cut their cake with Sasha standing excitedly beside them as the mother of the bride!

Sasha: "Congratulations! I am so proud to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Andres Prudence! We bless this union with love and happiness for all the years to come!"

Sam: *Proudly* And with my marriage I've accomplished something I've been striving for all my life, I got married-- first!"

Dee: "But that's not really your only first Sam. You were the first Frio ever to want to be a Mad Scientist. And the first of your siblings to get engaged and throw a bachelorette party. And the first one to have a successful bachelorette party! Your Mémé had one but it wasn't fun at all. The family had recently lost Grandpa Jared as well as Misty the cat, so that party was pretty much a loss from the start. So you're well on your way to a long series of firsts!"

Sam: *surprised* "I hadn't even thought of those things as firsts! That makes today even better! The icing on the cake so to speak!"
Screenshot-158.jpg

And for their wedding present, Sam and Andres, are given this colorful house in town!

Logan: "We know it's a bit hard on the eyes right now, but we'll get some painters over here soon. You two can pick out whatever colors suit you."

Sam: "You know I'm going to want gray. And some of the blue would be okay. *looking at her new husband* And probably a touch of red for Andres, it's his favorite color!"

Andres: "It's a great place Dad! It's not closer to the Science Lab, but with the storms they get on that Island and on the shores, I'd much rather have us safely inland!"

Logan: "Me and Sasha too. And Crewe. He was very insistent that you guys be safe! I'll be over soon and we can discuss the paint colors and any renovations you'd like to have done. You two take care and enjoy your honeymoon in the new place. You'll make it a home in no time!"
Screenshot-180.jpg

Full of after-wedding romance, Natasha asks Joel on a date even though he's her friend Ashley's partner!

To her surprise, he accepts so they head off to town to catch a movie.
Screenshot-169.jpg

With the wedding festivities behind them, Polly heats the lamp.

Polly: "How will I know when it's done?"

And with those words barely out of her mouth, the oven glows and a bright light bursts from within!

Polly: "Oh, that's how!"
Screenshot-176.jpg

I head over to the theater to see if the movie is over and find the place in an uproar!

A very pregnant lady is in labor and as sims do everywhere, they all panic!!!

Except for the pregnant woman and sim in front of her. They're both more concerned with the crying toddler nearby as they hold their hands over their ears!
Screenshot-182.jpg

But Natasha's disciplined trait kicks in and she drives the woman to the hospital.

With the soon-to-be-mom inside and safely in a doctor's care, she and Joel resume their date.
Screenshot-198.jpg

Screenshot-217.jpg

And Tasha gets her first kiss!

Tasha: *thinking* Why does growing up have to be so complicated! I like Joel, but Ashley's my friend too, and I feel guilty*
Screenshot-205.jpg

Early the next morning an unexpected but very welcome guest arrives!

Dee: *excitedly* "Adam! It's so good to see you! We were all getting a bit worried that you didn't like the new place!"

Adam: "Not like this place? Now that would be crazy! It's pretty amazing. The house, the pool, the view of the ocean! But that's not why I showed up now."

Dee: "Is everything okay?"

Adam: "Well, Dad told you I was getting used to my new state. And that was true. But I also wanted to let the new family stand on their own two feet. Without me hovering!" he adds with a laugh.

And he continues: "It's hard enough making the big decisions without feeling that someone's watching you, ready to pounce at your slightest mistake!"

Dee: "But that wouldn't be you Adam! Or Sam or Rae. That sounds much more like Jared or Claire. He had a mean streak and she had quite the temper!"

Adam: "I don't remember Grandma Claire since she passed soon after I was born, but as a ghost she can still get after Grandpa Jared when he gets her temper up! So I can only imagine what it was like when she was alive and feisty!"
*Adam glances around making sure Claire isn't lurking behind him*

Adam: "But with the first of the trio married, I wanted to wish them well on their journey as a couple! I didn't realize they were moving out so fast. But it looks like the rest of the family is doing fine. More than fine actually. Sophie and I did our job well. And so did Logan and Sasha. That girl sure is a trooper! And she picked a fine new town and new home. Let them know will you? That I stopped by and I'm more than pleased. And I'll be back. That's a promise!"

Dee: "I will tell them Adam. Gladly. We've all missed you."

Pollyanna startles us by speaking up: "I've missed you too Grandpa!"

Adam: "What are you doing in the bushes child?"

Pollyanna: "Just thinking. My Genie's already granted me two of my wishes, so I only have one left and I want to make it a good one!"

Adam: *shaking his head* "I thought you wanted to meet a merperson. When did a genie come into the picture?"

Pollyanna: *excitedly* "I did meet a merman Grandpa! He's dreamy! And the genie does like me, but I need to free him so he can find his own true love! But before I complete the final step of the challenge, I need to make my 3rd wish."

Adam: "And that's why you're in the bushes, thinking! Wow, a bit convoluted, but I think I followed that! *thinking* How scary is that!*  "And on that note, it's time for me to go and let you get on with your task. Love you, Polly!"

Pollyanna: "Love you too Grandpa!"
Screenshot-335.jpg

Polly: "I thought about it really hard Antony and I have to do something to make the world a better place. For my third wish I want World Peace!"

Antony: "As you wish Mistress! I expected no less from a Good sim like you. It may not be permanent, but it certainly won't hurt and it will definitely make you feel magnanimous!"
Screenshot-254.jpg

Antony was right, with her wish for World Peace, she feels on top of the world.

The perfect time to endure the hardest task of the challenge and take the lamp underground.

But when she gets to Cemeterio Antiguo, she only finds a small shrine.

So she checks her phone and sees a listing for another cemetery, Oceanview on 63 Paradise Rd.

She heads over to that lot as quickly as she can!
Screenshot-193.jpg

Yes, it has a mausoleum! She takes a deep breathe to steady her nerves and heads inside.

She encounters sights, sounds, and smells that put the fear of the Watchers in her heart!

She is bruised, scorched, hungry, and exhausted when she emerges, but she's not waiting until she gets home to find out if she's completed the challenge!

She gulps in fresh air and places the lamp on the ground.

The curse of the lamp is broken and Antony is free!
Screenshot-219.jpg

So Sam, the youngest of the trio, got married first!

Her siblings are both in serious relationships.

The youngest Frio is in the throws of her first romance.

And our dear Adam's ghostly self has made his first appearance!

But will Antony find his own love now that Polly has set him free?

Find out in Chapter 51--  Can A Genie Find Love?
Coming soon

***Author's note: I can't believe I'm on Chapter 50! It's gone so fast! I hope everyone is enjoying reading the story as much as I'm having fun writing it! If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to PM me. I love feedback!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »
Chapter 51--  Can A Genie Find Love?

Pollyanna introduces Antony to Arlene.

But it looks like she may be having second thoughts about it!

Dee: "Something wrong Polly?"

Polly: "I'm just wondering if I did the right thing. Antony is so nice, but Arlene can be a little mean sometimes, like Sam. I wouldn't want her to be mean to Antony!"

Dee: "She's not looking at him like she wants to be mean. And Antony's a big boy. I think he can take care of himself!"

Polly: "Okay. But if she tries anything mean, she'll have one crazy fairy to deal with!"
Screenshot-222.jpg

Polly stays close by keeping an eye on the two genies.

She chats with Natasha about their fairy power of bloom which seems to be missing here in the Islands.

Logan does some calisthenics to complete a celebrity opportunity.
Screenshot-232.jpg

While Natasha and Polly have a fairy frolic, Antony and Arlene get to know one another.

They chat about music discussing their favorite bands.
Screenshot-228.jpg

And Antony realizes he wants even more time to spend with this girl and makes his first wish.

Antony: "I wish for a long life so I have many more days to spend with you!"

Arlene: "Granted master!"
Screenshot-279.jpg

Then Antony grows bold and asks: "What's your sign Arlene? I think you and I are meant to be!"

Arlene *even bolder*  "My sign is GO for a handsome Genie like you!"
Screenshot-240.jpg

The beach is even more crowded today!

Salty has joined Polly to see what it's like spending time ON the beach.

Dee: "Shift over so soon Polly?"

Polly: *lazily from her towel* "Off today."

Dee: "Oh, how did it go yesterday?

Polly *with a bit more enthusiasm* "I rescued 3 more people yesterday so I'm up to five!"
Screenshot-253.jpg

But Salty enjoys the water more than sunning on the beach so they head out to a dive spot later that day.
Screenshot-265.jpg

They stay out until morning and Polly finds a treasure!
Screenshot-269.jpg

And it doesn't take long for these two to fall in love!

But after being cooped up in those lamps for who knows how long, who can blame them?!

Antony: "I must confess my dear, I'm in love with you!"

Arlene: "Oh, Antony, I love you too! I think about you every minute of the day!"
Screenshot-328.jpg

Antony says: "Be my steady girl Arlene?"

Arlene: "As steady as I can, chained to my lamp, my love."
Screenshot-329.jpg

Antony thinks about what Arlene has said and the next time he summons her from the lamp he says:

Antony: "I can't bear to think of you chained to that lamp for another moment! I must set you free!"

Arlene: "My love that's my dearest wish as well."
Screenshot-250.jpg

So Antony begins by freezing the lamp.
Screenshot-251.jpg

Then heating the lamp.

Antony: "Wow, look at that! How on earth do we survive this process!?"
Screenshot-287.jpg

Across town, Polly and Salty spend some quality time together.

Their feelings for each other are growing deeper as each day passes.
Screenshot-298.jpg

Polly loves giving him gifts, especially flowers!

Polly: "For you, my sweet."

Salty: "For me? I've never gotten flowers before! How pretty."

Dee: "Polly, where would a merman keep flowers?"

Polly: *puzzled* "What a silly question! In a vase, like everyone else!"
Screenshot-307.jpg

Then Polly decides Salty is her destiny and asks him to be her boyfriend.

Polly: "Salty, I care about you so much. Be my steady merman from now on?"

Salty: "Oh, I feel the same way! I would love for us to be a couple!"

They kiss good night and Salty heads back to the sea for some rest.
Screenshot-314.jpg

Not far away, another couple is enjoying the moonlit evening.

JoAnna and Crewe share a passionate kiss.
Screenshot-320.jpg

Antony: "For my final wish I would love a large family! A family of free genies! Never to be chained to a lamp again!"

Arlene: "Your wish is my command master!"
Screenshot-348.jpg

With his final wish granted, Antony takes Arlene's lamp underground.

The sights and sounds he endures are frightful!

And then he must make a choice! Will it be the right one? Will he survive to free his love?
Screenshot-351.jpg

Unaware of Antony's dilemma, Natasha's young adult birthday arrives and they throw a pool party!

She invites her teen friends over and they relax in the hot tub.
Screenshot-355.jpg

Then she's called in to blow out the candles on her cake.

She's cheered on by her family and friends!

Teen friends: Blanca Rocco (pink suit), Omar Collins (green shirt)
Screenshot-363.jpg

Dee: "That's some face Tasha!"

Tasha: "I'm trying to make the best wish I can!"

Aunt Polly: "You go girl!"
Screenshot-359.jpg

And the youngest of Logan and Sasha's children becomes a young adult with best friend Chandell Scott at her side!

Dee: "Wow, you look so much like your mother!"

Natasha: "And I feel like her too!"

Dee: "What?!"

Natasha was right! She adds Insane to Virtuoso, Loves the Heat, Brave, and Disciplined!
Screenshot-375.jpg

Antony survives his underground ordeal and returns to the house!

Once showered and restored to his usual immaculate self, he summons Arlene and proposes to her on the spot!

Antony: "Marry me my love?!"

Arlene: "Yes, yes, yes!"

Dee: "Polly, you're missing it! Turn around!"

Polly: *whispers* "I'm listening. But let them have their moment!"

And Polly smiles knowing Antony has found his true love.
Screenshot-409.jpg

Antony and Arlene marry on the spot not wanting to waste a precious moment of their lives together!

Antony: "I take thee, Arlene, as a free Genie for the rest of our lives to be masters only unto ourselves! To love, honor and cherish you and the many children we have!"

Arlene: *thinking*Many children?! Oh right, the large family wish!*

She hesitates only a moment before she replies "I take thee, Antony, as a free Genie, and promise to love, honor, and cherish you and all the children the Watchers bestow upon our union!"
Screenshot-419.jpg

So love has led to marriage for both Sam and Andres and Antony and Arlene.

Will Pollyanna and Salty take the plunge?

Or will Crewe and JoAnna make it to the alter first?

And now that Natasha's a young adult, will she wait for Joel to grow up?

Chapter 52-- Fairies are Fickle!
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
Chapter 52--Fairies are Fickle!

Polly calls Salty on her shell phone!

Polly: *thinking* This thing is loud! Wonder how long it will take for him to get here?*
Screenshot-441.jpg

And as she turns around, there he is!

Polly: "Well, that was fast! Did you teleport here?"

Salty: *smiling* "No, I was actually in the driveway when you blew the shell!"

Polly: "Oh, so you were coming to visit me? That's so great that we're on the same wavelength!"
Screenshot-443.jpg

Salty: "You're the only one I think about Pollyanna. You and your gorgeous pink wings. They are fascinating!"

Polly: "My Grandpa Adam liked wings too! That's what first attracted him to our Mémé, her sparkly pink wings. But then he fell in love with all of her, her mind, her personality, and her beauty. She's got silky raven hair, porcelain skin, cheekbones to die for, pouty lips and deep blue eyes. I have the pink wings of course, and her lips and eyes. But my coloring comes from my father's side. The Ursine/Frio red hair is still going strong!"

Salty: "I love your red hair, your beautiful eyes that I can get lost in forever, and your pouty lips, so perfect for kissing."

And he pulls her into his arms for a deep kiss!
Screenshot-454.jpg

Once she catches her breathe, Polly asks: "Live here with me Salty, so we can be together always!"

Salty: "I thought you'd never ask!"

And they seal their new status with a loving embrace.
Screenshot-459.jpg

And it's graduation day for Natasha!

She poses for a picture in her cap and gown.
Screenshot-462.jpg

And the whole family attends her graduation at city hall!

Sasha looking stylish in her aqua gown and hat, Natasha in her cap and gown, JoAnna in her cute yellow and white party dress, Salty in formal merman dress, Pollyanna in classic black, Crewe in his black and white suit, and Logan in his black tux!

What a great looking family! They even had a family photo done of the whole group.

Natasha can't wait until it's ready. Now that Sam and Andres have their own place, she wants it to be the first photo on display in their new home.
Screenshot-480.jpg

And after graduation, where Tasha was named valedictorian, she throws her diploma in the air in her excitement!
Screenshot-477.jpg

Introducing:

Natasha Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: One Sim Band
Traits: Virtuoso, Loves the Heat, Brave, Disciplined, and Insane
Fav's: Epic, Autumn Salad, Black
RI: Joel Vidal (teen)

And she starts working on her LTW outside the doors of City Hall!

And draws the interest of a few passersby.

Well, one sim watches her!

Logan and Sasha are congratulating themselves on having raised their youngest daughter to young adulthood and seeing her graduate here in the Islands. Or maybe they're just enjoying a romantic hug!

And it looks like Crewe and JoAnna are flirting a bit too. They make such a cute couple!
Screenshot-491.jpg

And speaking of cute couples, I check in on Polly and Salty's latest date.

They've spent the whole day alone together after Natasha's graduation and I'm thrilled to find Salty doing this when I catch up with them!

Salty: *thinking* This is the perfect time. The beach at sunset with the sound of the ocean.*

He drops to one knee and says: "Miss Pollyanna Frio would you do me the pleasure of becoming my wife?"
Screenshot-523.jpg

And Polly says, "No! Not yet! I'm not ready!"

Dee: "What?!" You said, NO! Polly, what on earth possessed you to reject him!?"

Polly: *quietly* "This is between me and Salty, please let me explain it to him."
Screenshot-527.jpg

Polly: "I do love you Salty, more than I thought it was possible to love anyone besides my family. I'm just not ready for that step yet. Let's spend some more time together and take it a bit slower. Okay?"

Salty: *still shocked at her rejection* "So it's not no, no, just no, not yet?"

Polly: "Exactly. You know I'm Eccentric and Insane so I don't always do what people expect. But I'm Good too, so I wouldn't have asked you to move in if I wasn't sure about our relationship. Please give me just a little more time."

Salty relents and they kiss and make up, with his heart still breaking a little.
Screenshot-536.jpg

And they watch the stars, putting their relationship back on an even keel, romantic as ever.
Screenshot-542.jpg

Back at home, I find a new Genie at the house!

Dee: "JoAnna what's going on? What did you wish for?!"

JoAnna: "Just longer life, so I have a bit more time with Crewe. *horrified* "That doesn't make us ineligible for heirship does it?!"

Dee: "No, I was just surprised to see a different Genie here. And everyone else has wished for longer life. So I'm not surprised that you, with the shortest life span as a human, have chosen that option as well! "

Jo: "Everyone else? I knew Polly did, but who else?"

Dee: "Antony, Arlene, and I think Salty wished for it too! Genie's have a few extra days compared to humans, but mersims have the same age span as humans do. And with Polly being a fairy, just like your Crewe, I guess he wanted more time with her too."

Jo: "Probably more time to get her to say, 'yes'!"

Dee: "You heard about that already?!"

Jo: "Well, apparently the beach they were on wasn't quite as deserted as they thought and a paparazzi got hold of the information, so it's all over Paradise now!"

Dee: "Well that's going to be embarrassing for both of them!"
Screenshot-548.jpg

Polly and Salty spend a lot of time together over the next few days.

And it doesn't take Polly long to figure out she was silly to reject Salty when he proposed.

So she takes the initiative this time and proposes to him in the middle of the foyer!

Polly: "Salty Seaworth, I know I'm crazy but marry me anyway?!"
Screenshot-561.jpg

JoAnna was passing through the foyer so we both wait for Salty to say, "Really? It was only a few days ago that you rejected me, but you're ready now?!"

But he doesn't! He jumps for joy and accepts!

Salty: "I love you Polly, your beautiful pink wings, craziness and all! Of course, I'll marry you!"
Screenshot-568.jpg

Polly decides to throw a bachelorette party because there's someone she wants Natasha to meet.

The guests start arriving and Arlene starts the fizzy nectar flowing!

Either genie's are in disguise when in their genie persona or their human selves are a disguise because when she's not in her genie outfit Arlene has dark hair, not the red she has as a genie!

So I wonder what her and Antony's nooboos will inherit when they get started on that large family of his?!
Screenshot-587.jpg

Not to be outdone, Polly sprays fizzy nectar right back at her!

And they laugh and become better friends than ever!

Natasha is really getting into the song playing on the radio and Sam was able to make the party too.
Screenshot-594.jpg

Then the party dancers arrive!

Polly asked especially for Hank, so she's thrilled when he shows up.
Screenshot-605.jpg

And when Hank takes a break and goes outside for a breather, Polly sends Natasha out to chat with him!

Ignoring the paparazzi, and emboldened by the fizzy nectar, Tasha says: "That's some hot act you've got Hank. I'm surprised you didn't set the room on fire!"

Hank: "I'm not the only one's who's hot, sweet thing! You shoot off more sparks than the stars in the sky! Let's take a look at them and get to know one another better!"
Screenshot-618.jpg

And they find a comfy spot on the ground and cuddle together to watch the stars.

While the paparazzi still watches them!
Screenshot-619.jpg

Then suddenly Hank and Tasha run into the house as I get pulled there as well.

Dee: "What's going on in here? Did someone have a birthday or…. die?!"

JoAnna: "No, neither of those things."

Dee: "Jo why did you change out of your dress?"

And as JoAnna pats her baby bulge, the room suddenly goes quiet with only Sasha still dancing, oblivious to what's happened behind her.
Screenshot-625.jpg

And JoAnna proves her mettle by immediately announcing her pregnancy to Sasha!

Jo: *excitedly* "We're having a nooboo, Mom!"
Screenshot-632.jpg

Crewe had gone to the library to work on his latest book as well as escape from a crowd of women, but he's back at the house when everyone starts talking about the expected baby.

He doesn't even hesitate as he crosses the room to JoAnna and drops to one knee.

And he says: "JoAnna Drudge, the mother of my child, marry me?!"
Screenshot-646.jpg

JoAnna accepts and they embrace as they whisper words of love to each other!

Crewe: "I love you Jo! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Jo: "I love you too! But I wasn't sure and then with Sam and Andre's wedding, and then the genies being here…. I was waiting for the perfect moment. So I guess that's now!"
Screenshot-653.jpg

With her siblings making life-changing decisions, Natasha thinks about the guys in her life.

Her first crush Joel, who's still a teen and still very much Ashley's boyfriend.

And the all-grown-up Hank she met at Polly's party, who's unattached and oh so handsome!

She knows it's up to her as the new young adult and makes the hardest decision of her young life.

She invites Joel over and asks to just be friends.

Tasha: "I'm so sorry Joel. I do like you very much and if you and Ashley weren't together, maybe we could have been more than friends. But I just can't do that to her. It was wrong of me to ask you out in the first place! Please try to understand."

Joel: "But I thought we had something special you and me Tash. I don't want to hurt Ashley either, but just wait for me to grow up and let's see where this goes. Please!"

Tasha: "It wouldn't be right Joel. I already feel bad about the date we had."

And she knows she's risking her friendship with Joel as she confesses that she's met someone else.

Tasha: "I met a guy at my sister's bachelorette party. His name is Hank. And he's single. I don't feel guilty being with him Joel. I don't know if it will go anywhere, but a relationship where guilt is part of the equation just isn't for me."

Joel: "Well, when you put it that way, it doesn't sound nice at all. Makes me feel like a jerk! You're trying to do the right thing, and I'm being…a kid! You're right, we should never have gone on a date. We've really messed things up, haven't we? *taking a deep breathe* Friends?"

Tasha: *relieved* "Yes! Friends! I'm so glad we could work this out!"
Screenshot-662.jpg

So even though the fairy sisters have been fickle, they finally made some significant choices.

Two weddings are on the horizon and the first child of the next gen is on the way!

Chapter 53-- Weddings and a Nooboo!
Coming soon.

anything