Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 118039 times)

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »
Chapter 53-- Weddings and a Nooboo!

Salty takes a moment to chat with Logan and then asks for his daughter's hand.

Logan: "I'd be proud to have you as part of the family Salty! We've never had a merman before. Do you have family of your own?"

Salty: "No sir. There are only a few of us mersims left. We're pretty scattered about and I don't know any of the others."

Logan: "Well, you've got family now son! And we're just a small part of it. We have relatives in Sunset Valley, Moonlight Falls, Bridgeport, and Twinbrook."

Salty: "Wow, I didn't realize you weren't the only Frios. Pollyanna has mentioned her Grandpa Adam and her Mémé, but I didn't know about all the others. That's great! I can't even imagine having such a big family."
Screenshot-679.jpg

Salty Seaworth--young adult merman
LTW: Deep Sea Diver ---Master diving---completed, earn $40,000 from diving treasure--not completed
(changed from Gold Digger)
Career: Scuba Diver
Traits: Great Kisser, Bookworm, Evil, Schmoozer, Ambitious
Fav's: Indie, Kelp, and Turquoise
Fiancée: Pollyanna Frio

Dee: "Salty, how is it that you're Evil and Polly's Good, but in all the times you've chatted never once did trait incompatibility come up?!"

Salty: "I don't really know and I don't care! Well, I care. About Polly anyway. And I've never been part of a family before so I really want to give this a shot. Please don't tell them!"

Dee: " I won't say anything, but Sasha and Logan are Good too! And it's bound to come up sooner or later! But it's not like we don't have Evil sims in the Frio family."

Salty: "Really? More than one?"

Dee: "Oh yes, the founders' only son, Heath was born Evil and so was Logan's brother, Ronan.  And Ronan's middle son, Cristopher became Evil as a child. So it's not a new trait for the Frios. And Logan almost ended up with an Evil spouse!"

Salty: "Almost?"

Dee: "Yes, back in Bridgeport his first girlfriend as a teen was Leia Striker and she was Evil. But it was very apparent in her. She couldn't get along with anyone but Logan at first, even though he is Good. And then not even with him, so he broke up with her and then met Sasha."

Dee: "But I haven't seen you display any Evil tendencies at all. Heath was like that too. So maybe it's dormant in you like it was with him. But I'm warning you. If you do anything to harm Polly or anyone else in the family, it will only take me a second to…"

Salty: "I won't ever do anything to harm Polly! Or her family. I promise."
Screenshot-686.jpg

And before we know it, it's time for Crewe and JoAnna's wedding.

With a nooboo on the way, they aren't waiting a moment longer!

They've decided on an intimate evening ceremony with family.

The couple wait under the arch while the guests take their seats.

Crewe's thoughts are solely on his beautiful bride.
Screenshot-690.jpg

And then they exchange rings and vows.

Crewe: "JoAnna Drudge, I love you, and I promise to love, honor, and cherish you as long as we both shall live."

JoAnna: "Crewe Frio, I love you too, and I promise to love, honor, and uphold our marriage vows 'til death do us part."
Screenshot-693.jpg

And amidst a shower of heart petals, the new couple share their first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Crewe Frio!
Screenshot-694.jpg

And later that evening after the brief wedding ceremony, I see Adam settled in a rocker.

Dee: *apologetically* "Oh, Adam, I am so sorry. Things have been so busy here. I forgot to tell the family about your earlier visit!"

Adam: "Plenty of time, plenty of time. No need to apologize. I just popped in because of the wedding. Love seeing my grandchildren marry and start their lives as couples. And this was the heir couple, so I wanted to share in their happiness and give my blessing on their union. And I hear they already have a little Frio on the way! Not traditional, but we always welcome a nooboo. Crewe sure surprised me, stepping up to the plate that way! Took the news of a little one in stride and made his girl a bride! And I hear he's a writer, like me. Trying his hand at Sports Books like Great-Uncle Connor. And a painter too! Did you catch that Dad! The new heir writes and paints! Talented man, our Crewe."

Dee: "He is Adam! He's so close to completing his LTW! He paints all on his own of course, and mastered it soon after we arrived. And he's almost mastered writing. I think he's on book # 9 or maybe 10, by now! And he's athletic too! He doesn't get to spend as much time on that as his writing and painting of course, but if I can't find him at an easel, he's usually on the rock wall. And I promise I will tell the family of your visit this time, especially Crewe, so he can write your memorial."

Adam: "Only if he has time! He's a new husband and will be a father soon. With those responsibilities on top of his writing and painting, he's a busy young man!

Dee: "Sophie requested it."

Adam: "Oh, in that case, I guess he better get to it! The quicker the better, because once that nooboo shows up, everyone's life will change!"

Dee: "I will tell him first thing in the morning. I won't forget this time. Night Adam."
Screenshot-697.jpg

Dee: "Good morning, Crewe. I don't mean to startle you while you're climbing, but Adam was here last night! Actually, he was here after Sam and Andres' wedding, but I forgot with so much going on here. But I promised him I would tell you first thing this morning!"

Crewe: *not moving* "Okay. Thanks for telling me. I'll get Mémé's letter out with all the information she sent and get his memorial written up. And I'll send her a copy so she knows he's been here. *taking a deep breath* He's okay? Adjusting?"

Dee: "He seems just like himself. Well, except for the ghostly gray form. And he's proud of everyone. How well you're all doing. And excited with the weddings and your coming child! That's why he's visited, to share in your happiness, and wish you all well!"

Crewe: *swallowing* "I hope I get to see him myself. I miss him so much!"

Dee: "We all do. I'll leave you to your climb Crewe. You just take your time and work off your feelings. However you need to get through it."
Screenshot-674.jpg

With a clear conscious, Natasha invites Hank over and they chat.

Tasha: "I really enjoyed school, but now it's time to move on to bigger things!"

Hank: "Congratulations on being named Valedictorian! Are you thinking of applying to University?"

Tasha:*shaking her head* "No. My grades were good enough, but I just want to focus on my music. My LTW is One Sim Band, so I have my work cut out for me! My guitar and bass skills are pretty good, and drums are coming along, but I really need to work on piano. Trouble is, our house doesn't really have a dedicated music room."

Hank: "Well, with the weather so fine here, you could probably set something up outside, like your brother's painting area. I'd be happy to help you with that." *softly* *Anything to spend more time with you, Tasha."
Screenshot-11.jpg

Their eyes meet and their mutual attraction is so strong they are oblivious to Sasha's presence and share their first kiss!

Hank: "I've been wanting to kiss you ever since the party!"

Tasha: "It's all I've been thinking about too!"
Screenshot-19.jpg

And they take their date into town and catch a movie.

And Hank surprises her with flowers!

Tasha: "You're so romantic Hank. These are beautiful!"

Hank: "Not as beautiful as you sweet thing!"

Tasha: "You're such a flirt!"

Hank: *nodding his head seriously* "Just part of my make-up, but when it comes to you Tasha, I'm being sincere, not just flirty."

Hank: "I hate to have our time together end, but I have a party to work tonight. Can I call you soon?"

Tasha: *breathlessly* "I'd be disappointed if you didn't Hank. I care about you a lot already!"

Hank: "The feeling is mutual Tasha! I know we've only known each other a short time but I'm already falling in love with you!"
Screenshot-29.jpg

Dee: "You're looking so happy Crewe! Mind if I ask why?"

Crewe: "I just finished Grandpa Adam's memorial and mailed copies to the paper and the family! I thought it would make me feel really sad. But after reading all of Mémé's notes and looking at the family photos, I feel closer to Grandpa than ever before! And I want to be just like him! So while you read his Memorial, I'm going to find my new bride and show her how much I'm looking forward to becoming a papa!"
Screenshot-40.jpg

Memorial to a Great Man
By Crewe Frio

Adam Frio was my grandfather. I was born in his house along with my siblings and we grew up feeling safe, secure, and most of all, loved. I could tell you all about him using statistics, like:

Adam Frio ---met Grim twice, 102 days old the 1st time, and 106 days old the 2nd time, with a life spanning 127 days!
LTW: Swimming in Cash---COMPLETED in BP the day they moved in
Career: Writer--wrote 14 books and earned over $250,000 during his career
Skills: Maxed writing, athletic (with his love of swimming), and logic, discovering all 10 potions
Traits: Easily Impressed, Light Sleeper, Perfectionist, Ambitious, and Loves to Swim

Survived by:
His loving wife, Sophie (Rodgers) Frio (Twinbrook)

His sister and her family, Clarisse and Cemre Frio, and their three children: (Bridgeport)
Donnell, Demetria, and Christopher Samuel Frio

His daughter and family, Sadie and Jimmie Hemlock and their three children: (Twinbrook)
Jimmie Hemlock and GF Rosalie Peddler
Raegan Hemlock and Fiancé, Alexander Wilks and great-grandson, Adam Hemlock (soon to be Wilks)
Gladys Hemlock

His youngest son and family, Ronan and Jade (Greenwood) Frio and their three sons: (Twinbrook)
Brannon, Cristopher, and Paul Frio

His heir son and family: Logan and Sasha (Crewe) Frio and their four children: (new residents of Isla Paradiso)
Pollyanna and Fiancé, Salty Seaworth
Crewe and JoAnna (Drudge) Frio and their expected child
Samantha and Andres Prudence
Natasha Frio

But that doesn't really tell you about the great man he was!

He was an open-minded Sim from the time he was a child, accepting the new life states he found in Moonlight Falls with ease. Making friends with humans, ghosts, and fairies! Especially fairies as he was fascinated by their sparkly wings from the time he was a toddler. That fascination led to his meeting the love of his life, a fairy, Sophie Rodgers! A love that only grew stronger with each passing day throughout their lives. A love for each other, for life, and especially for family. And he instilled those same values in his children and grandchildren. His loving  and proper wife, our precious Mémé, still does. And the love she shared with this great man will never die. It will live on in her heart and memories forever.

As for his three children and ten grandchildren, we will always remember this man every day of our lives. Whenever we pick up a toddler and tickle them with an Attack of the Claw, Grandpa's favorite toddler activity! Whenever we swim, in a pool or the ocean, as we recall his love of swimming. Whenever we have a family gathering, be it a birthday, wedding, or holiday, as being surrounded by family was Grandpa Adam's favorite time!

And with the birth of Adam's first great-grandchild, who was born the same day that he met Grim for the final time, and who received the honor of being named Adam, his name will go on, as will the legacy of this great man!

A special note from his grandson Crewe: Grandpa, I love you and miss you! I have chosen this picture for your memorial as it is where you will always be for me. Standing behind me, my rock and support, the foundation for the rest of my life, cheering your family on with happiness and love! If I can attain and pass on even a fraction of your wisdom and love to my coming child, I will consider myself a blessed man!
Screenshot-51.jpg

After reading Adam's memorial, and wiping the tears from my eyes, I go to find Crewe.

I wanted to tell him just how beautiful, how perfect, his tribute to his grandfather was, but he was sharing a special time with JoAnna. A precious moment together with his bride and coming child!
Screenshot-43.jpg

And not too long after, JoAnna goes into labor!

Crewe and Sasha react as all sims do with the panic dance.
Screenshot-63.jpg

But JoAnna comes through it safe and sound and delivers a baby girl!

Crewe wanted something similar to JoAnna's name,  and Jo wanted to honor her mother, Eva Drudge.

So we welcome to Paradise Janeva Frio, our Good and Insane fairy nooboo!
Screenshot-85.jpg

And new papa Crewe holds is daughter proudly moments before another big event!

Crewe: "Papa and mama will only be outside for a short time, your Auntie Polly is getting married today!
Screenshot-98.jpg

The bride and groom wait under the arch as family and guests take their seats, with some choosing to stand.

Dee: "Who gives this woman to be wed?"
Screenshot-106.jpg

Logan, the father of the bride, is too choked up to comment as he wipes a tear from his eyes.

And JoAnna and Crewe look like they are sharing a special moment of their own.
Screenshot-117.jpg

But Sasha, the mother of the bride, standing straight and tall, says: "This is not a crying moment for me but a proud one. Her father and I have raised her to the best of our ability and now we let her go with joy in our hearts but a tinge of sadness too. No longer our little girl, but a woman in her own right. Ready to take the vows of marriage and become a wife and live her own life. We bless this union with love and happiness."
Screenshot-116.jpg

The bride and groom exchange rings and vows.

Polly: "With this ring I wed thee Salty Seaworth, let it be a symbol of our unending love and devotion to each other. I have always loved mermaids and hoped to meet one but I never dreamed that the one I would meet would be you. The perfect match for me, my destiny!"

Salty: "With this ring I wed thee Pollyanna Frio, may this circle of gold remind us of our love for one another, solid and true to the end of our days. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever known, your wings, your mind, your personality and I promise to love and cherish you just like your Grandpa Adam did your Mémé!"
Screenshot-122.jpg

And the bride and groom share their first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Salty Frio!

Salty, Polly and Dee: "Wait. What? FRIO?!"

Polly: "Because I proposed, I think!"

Salty: "We'll get that fixed at City Hall later. Now, it's time to cut the cake!"
Screenshot-128.jpg

So the cake is cut amidst cheers of congratulations and everyone steps up for a slice.
Screenshot-141.jpg

Except the groom. Who I find in the nursery holding Janeva!

Dee: "You left the reception just as they were eating cake! Why are you holding Janeva now?"

Salty: "You couldn't hear her? Must be my mersim hearing. She was crying! She needs a diaper change and a cuddle!"

And to my amazement he does just that! Changes her diaper, cuddles her and returns her to her crib, a happy nooboo once more!

Dee: "If you were tying to impress me Salty, you have! I'm impressed, surprised, shocked…. a number of thing.
I won't believe you're Evil at all if you keep doing things like this! Her parents, her grandparents, any one of them I would have taken it in stride as normal. But you're not even related to the girl really!

Salty: *proudly* "Yes, I am! As of 4 minutes and 30 seconds ago, she became my niece! And I promised to never harm Polly or her family. I'm trying to keep that promise!"

Dee: "Well, congratulations, this was the best way to fulfill a promise that I've ever seen! Now get back to your new bride and your guests!"
Screenshot-153.jpg

And he quickly finds his bride in the kitchen and sweeps her into his arms for a passionate kiss!
Screenshot-165.jpg

And then they share a romantic slow dance as husband and wife!

Looking deeply into each others eyes and whispering words of love and endearment only meant for them to hear.

Promising in their hearts to fulfill Sasha's blessing that today was just the beginning of a lifetime filled with love and happiness.
Screenshot-177.jpg

So many events in this chapter!

Two weddings, Adam's memorial, a nooboo, and a romance for Natasha.

What will happen next?

For starters, Polly gets a call from Antony that he and Arlene are having a baby soon!

Will they start their family with a boy or a girl?

Find out in Chapter 54-- Nooboos, Toddlers, and a Staycation
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »
Chapter 54-- Nooboos, Toddlers, and a Staycation

Joanna takes a break from motherhood and homemaker tasks with a trip to the library.

But all thoughts of reading a book fly out the window when she sees her pregnant sister-in-law, Samantha!

Jo: "Oh how exciting! Why didn't you tell us?!"

Sam: "I was planning to but with work and all, things got busy, and it caught up with me faster than I expected! And now look at me,  I'm as big as a house!"

Jo: "You look fantastic! Are you still working?"

Sam: *making a face* "No, they put me on maternity leave! I said I was fine, but it's policy. On the plus side it's giving me time to work on my gardening skill, as well as read baby books. That's why we're here, Andres insisted that we both read up before the baby arrives. *smiling* "That man, he's going to be a great dad, and I find it hard to complain when he's just so good to me!"

Jo: "Well, I won't say anything, but you better call Mom and Dad soon if you want to be the one to tell them!"
Screenshot-281.jpg

Then Polly gets a call late Thursday evening that Antony and Arlene have a son, Stanley!

Even though she Dislikes Children, as Antony's friend, she feels obligated to pay them a visit.

She's relieved to find out the baby's sleeping and she just has to peek in the room!
Screenshot-141.jpg

And then Arlene tells her to peek in the room next door.

She does, and sees 2 little pink nooboos sound asleep! They had triplets! Antony's off to a great start on his large family wish!

Wearily but proudly, Arlene tells her they've named the girls, Nancy and Deirdre!

With the babies all asleep, and Arlene looking exhausted, Polly says her goodbyes and heads home.
Screenshot-142.jpg

And then it's time for another nooboo to have her birthday!

And where do I find little fairy Janeva?

Being rocked by her Uncle Salty!

Dee: "You're going to make a great Dad someday!"

Salty: "You really think so? I've been thinking about family a lot since I spoke with Logan. I know I'm supposed to be Evil and all, but I'd really love to see the mersims grow as a species, starting with kids of my own. But Pollyanna doesn't really like children, so I doubt that will happen."

Dee: "I wouldn't be so sure. I talked about it with Polly before and if she would have been heir she would have had to have at least one child. So if she would do it for heirship, I'm pretty sure she'd be open to the idea if you really wanted to have a child with her!"

Salty: *happier* "That's good to know. And that makes my time with Janeva even more important! If Polly knows I'll do most of the child-rearing, it may be easier to get her to agree!"

Dee: "That may help. But remember, they may not just be mersims, with Pollyanna being a fairy, they could be either one, or both, or even human. But it's time for this little one to go meet her first cake!"
Screenshot-20.jpg

Dee: "I thought it was cake time?"

Sasha: "It is, but I wanted to get my last play time in with her as a nooboo!"

Dee: "Well, it sounds like plenty of nooboos for you to play with now. Antony and Arlene had triplets, just like you did! And didn't Sam call you earlier?

Sasha: *all excited* "Yes, Logan and I are so thrilled that we're going to be grandparents again! And I do want to get over to the Negrete's house. We had four adults to help with our triplets and there's just the two of them!"
Screenshot-82.jpg

And finally after JoAnna gets in one last play time and snuggle with her as a nooboo, Crewe brings Janeva to her cake.
Screenshot-146.jpg

And our little fairy nooboo turns into a cute little toddler that not only takes after her Grandma Sasha with her Good and Insane traits, but she looks like her too! The same hair color at least. Though her lips may be from her Mom, a bit too soon to tell.
Screenshot-160.jpg

The next day, Logan hugs Sasha close and tells her that she has indeed done her job well.

Logan: "My sweet Sasha, your words at Polly's wedding really struck home. I know I've been focused on my career and left a lot of the heirship duties to you. But that stops now. Both of us are still busy with our careers, but heirship belongs to Crewe and Joanna now. You have done such a marvelous job raising all four of our children! I couldn't have asked for a better spouse. Our trio are all married. Natasha is focused on Hank and her music. Our first grandchild is a toddler. It's time for you and me to focus on us again! Past time really. You are so special to me Sasha. More special than I have words for. And we live in Paradise now, thanks to you. Let's spend some time enjoying it together!"

Sasha: "Oh, Logan. We've both been so busy and haven't really done much here at all. Alone or together! First it was settling in, then it was engagement parties with Natasha's birthday and graduation in between, and then two weddings. Then little Janeva and another wedding. I would love to take a break and spend some time relaxing, just the two of us!"

Logan: "Consider it done. We'll have a staycation right here in the islands! We'll check out all the local sights. Anything you want to do, we'll do together!"
Screenshot-43.jpg

Overhearing their conversation, Natasha says: "It's been a long time since you two got to have some fun together. I'll play a song and you can start with some dancing!"

Jo listens to the sounds of Tasha's beautiful guitar while Logan and Sasha slowly twirl to the music.
Screenshot-35.jpg

Logan and Sasha spend the day together and end it with some romantic stargazing.

Paying more attention to each other than the stars!
Screenshot-21.jpg

It's another sunny, beautiful day, like usual for Paradise, so Logan and Sasha spend it at Sparking Sands, enjoying the sunshine and playing in the ocean.

I would have liked to comment on Sasha's beachwear, but don't want to interrupt them.

She'd just probably tell me that she's wearing her activewear for protection from the sun anyway!
Screenshot-105.jpg

That afternoon they head to Andres favorite fishing spot and have so much fun they stay until dark!
Screenshot-282.jpg

Then they head to the overlook and watch the stars together.
Screenshot-292.jpg

On their way to the movies the next evening, they drive by Sam and Andres home sporting it's new gray paint, with blue and red accents.

Sasha: "Oh, the house looks so different with the new paint colors. Very beachy. I like it!"

Logan: "Yes, Sam picked a very nice shade of gray. I was worried it would be too bland, but it blends well with the blue tones and the pops of red give it a punch! We'll have to stop by soon and see if they want to make any changes on the inside, especially with a baby coming soon!"

Sasha: "Oh, another grandchild, Logan! I was so happy to hear that. I worry more about Sam than the other two, she fights happiness so much! Just being her grumpy mean-spirited self, but sometimes she misses so much that way."

Logan: "Not so much now that we live in Paradise. And Andres has done her a world of good. That boy works so hard to please her and make her happy, she doesn't get a chance to complain any more!"

Sasha: "Yes, they are perfect for each other. Just like us!"
Screenshot-177.jpg

And after the movie's out, they take advantage of the empty area and watch the stars again!

Sasha: "I know it's a bit lighter here in town, but I don't want to head home just yet. These last couple of  days together have been wonderful."

Logan: "And we're going to take the time to keep enjoying our new town together. No more too busy excuses for either of us!"

Sasha: "That's exactly what I was thinking! Let's not waste any more of our time."

And they cuddle together to watch the stars content in each others company.
Screenshot-133.jpg

While they're swimming in the pool, Polly and Salty discuss the next step in their lives together, a place of their own!

Salty: "The pool's great Pollyanna and I love your family, especially little Janeva, but I really need to be closer to the ocean."

Polly: "I know, I've been doing some checking on real estate and I think I've found our perfect place! It's a cozy 2 bedroom right on the shore with it's own dock and a boat."
Screenshot-12.jpg

They discuss it with the family the next morning and everyone agrees it is the perfect place for them. And a perfect wedding gift from the whole family!

Salty: *overwhelmed by his new family's generosity* "I agree with Sam, you all make it hard to be myself, my Evil Schmoozer self!"

And Tasha helps Polly get all settled in.

Tasha: "I think that was the last box of your stuff. I was just checking out the yard. It's a bit small but I think the oceanfront and the dock make up for that!"

Polly: "Yes! It's perfect for Salty to swim whenever he wants too!"
Screenshot-172.jpg

And Salty settles into his new home with ease.

Salty*thinking* Wow, A house with it's own dock and the ocean just steps from the front door.  I went for a wonderfully refreshing swim this morning and now I get to settle back with a good book! The only thing that could make this even more perfect is finding out Polly's expecting a child!*
Screenshot-175.jpg

Natasha hangs up her graduation picture with pride. *thinking* We are a great looking family! Mom and Dad look so sophisticated. Crewe and JoAnna couldn't be cuter. And Pollyanna and Salty are just perfect together! I'm gonna miss them now that there in their own place. The house feels a bit empty now…*
Screenshot-162.jpg

But that thought gives Natasha another idea and she calls Hank and asks him to meet her at the Festival.

They have a wonderful time and Hank says: "I love being with you so much Tasha. I hate it when we're apart."

Natasha: *thinking* The perfect opening I need!* she jumps into his arms and says: "Then lets not be apart Hank, there's plenty of room at the house now, move in with me!"
Screenshot-222.jpg

Hank is more a man of action rather than words, so he accepts with a passionate kiss!
Screenshot-186.jpg

==========================================================================
And they receive another letter from Mémé with a few pictures.

Dear Family in Paradise,

I'm writing a quick note to let you know of two significant events here in Twinbrook.

First little Adam celebrated his toddler birthday!
Raegan brought him to his cake and his grandparents and his father cheered!
Screenshot-46.jpg

And everyone was surprised with little Adam's blonde hair!

Until Alexander mentioned his mother was blonde when she was little.
Screenshot-50.jpg

Here's the little cutie with his Granmama! Though Sadie seems a bit shocked to be one!
Screenshot-57.jpg

And with Adam becoming a toddler, Raegan decided it was time to marry Alexander!

She didn't want a big ceremony but she did want a special gown.

Here's a picture of their private wedding.
Screenshot-119.jpg

And this is a special note for dear Crewe. My beloved grandson, I couldn't have chosen better for an author for my dear Adam's memorial. You captured his life perfectly and spoke from your heart! I am awed at the tribute that you paid to him. If it is in your power, please tell his spirit that as you said, his love will live on in my heart and memories forever. And give him a farewell hug from me.

Hugs and kisses to all, especially my great-granddaughter Janeva!

Love Mom/Mémé
====================================================================================
Well, the Frio family has seen some changes since moving to Paradise.

Samantha and Andres are expecting their first child!

Janeva became a toddler.

Salty and Pollyanna have moved into their own place.

And Hank moved in at Natasha's request.

What's next for the Frios?

Find out in Chapter 55-- More Genie Wishes!
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
Chapter 55-- More Genie Wishes!

Crewe sees Grandpa Adam's ghost one evening and remembers Mémé's request about passing on her message so he decides to start getting to know his grandfather again.
Screenshot-27.jpg

Overnight, Crewe and Adam built up their relationship so they are friends again.

So much so that as dawn breaks, Crewe gets to draw a few sketches of Adam.

Crewe: "Just be natural Grandpa, that works best."

Adam: *laughing and striking a pose* "Like this?!"

Crewe: "That works too! Definitely shows your character."
Screenshot-63.jpg

One of the first things Hank does in his new home is head for a mirror.

Now that's he's given up party dancing, he decides on this stylish cut.

I love his dark hair with his skin tone and piercing blue eyes!

Hank Formaggio---young adult human
LTW: Heartbreaker (but will be changed!)
Career: Unemployed
Traits: "Flirty, Party Animal, Vehicle Enthusiast, Never Nude, and Mooch
Skills: none
Fav's: Kid's Music, Tri Tip Steak, and Purple

Hank: "I know I'm a mooch and that the Frio's have plenty of money, but I guess I need some kind of a job. Any suggestions?"

Dee: "Well, you like parties, you're flirty, and a mooch….and since you're never nude, slim chance of getting caught in any compromising situations…..so what about politics?"

Hank: *nodding* "That sounds good actually! Mayor Formaggio! I like it!"

Dee: "Well, you're a long way from that but you have to start somewhere. Speaking of starting somewhere, I agree with your wish to learn cooking. We have a lot of perfect dishes in the replicators and the fridge, thanks to Antony, but if you decide to cook, I don't want the house burned down!"
Screenshot-236.jpg

And I find Sasha helping Janeva with her toddler skills.

Potty training is first as that was Janeva's most pressing need.

Sasha: "Good job sweetie! You'll be going by yourself in no time."
Screenshot-164.jpg

Then some tickle time with Grandma.

Sasha: "I tickle you here, and here, and here my precious!'

And Janeva's laughter is music to Sasha's ears.
Screenshot-167.jpg

And then she settles down to teaching her to talk.

Sasha: "Your daddy is a great writer!"

Janeva: "Witer."

Sasha: "Very good sweetie. And maybe you'll be a writer someday too!"

I leave them to it as though Sasha's methods aren't traditional, she's the family-oriented sim of the family and manages to teach them their skills in record time!
Screenshot-260.jpg

Dee: "Hank what are you doing? I thought you were reading! What did you wish for?!"

Hank: "Just longer life! Since both JoAnna and Salty did it, I figured I should too!"

Dee: "I'm going to have to hide those lamps where no one else can find them! At this rate, I'll never have any of you get old at all!"

Hank: "But that's the whole point! With all of us being with fairies, we need longer life!"

Dee: "Yes, but what I didn't realize is that it changes your genetics! Well, it did JoAnna's anyway."

Hank: *worried* "Changes them how? JoAnna looks fine."

Dee: "Well, JoAnna was expecting Janeva when she wished for longer life and when Janeva was born her infant stage went from 3 days to 6 days! And her toddler stage is 12 instead of 6, so I'll have to keep track and age her up with cake after 6 days! Probably for everyone else's nooboos too!"

Hank:*relieved* "Is that all? I thought you meant we'd be blue or something!"

Genie: "And what's wrong with blue?!"

Hank: *stammering* "No..nothing miss! I just know we're supposed to keep the genetics pure from each town. Genie's aren't really born to a specific town, so they don't…" *Hank rethinks saying count or matter*  "I didn't mean anything negative by it. I swear!"

I leave Hank trying to apologize to the irate Genie and don't even remind him he could just return her to her lamp!
Screenshot-251.jpg

And after all of Sasha's hard work, when JoAnna tries her hand at teaching Janeva to talk, the job is done!

JoAnna: "Money, the Frio family has lots of money!"

Janeva: "Muny."

JoAnna: "Well, that was easy peasy, Janeva! This mothering job is just as simple as my Homemaker one!"
Screenshot-270.jpg

And after JoAnna finds the walker in storage, Janeva learns to walk quickly as well.

JoAnna: *thinking* With all these teaching marvels, I see why Sasha went for multiples straight away. Makes it all so simple."
Screenshot-287.jpg

So I'm not surprised when I find her talking to a Genie again!

Dee: "I'm almost afraid to ask what you wished for this time."

JoAnna: "I decided to follow Antony's example and wished for a large family! I'd love to have twins!"

Dee: *eyes flying open!* "What?! I was trying to keep the generations smaller, so we didn't run into the having-to-leave-family-behind scenario!"

JoAnna: "Oh, I never thought about that! But it was just a wish. Doesn't mean it will happen. With Natasha and Hank here, there's only room for one more anyway."

Dee: "But what happens after they leave? Then there will be three spots open!"

JoAnna: *face blanching* "Triplets?! Oh, I'm not sure I want that many at once! You need to do something!"

Dee: "Me? What can I do? It was your wish!"

JoAnna: *with total confidence* "But you're a watcher! You can do anything!"

Dee: *face palm* "Now she wants me to do something! How do I fix this?!"

Genie: *thinking* She's going to be begging me to take that wish back! It's easy for males but females have to HAVE them!*

Dee: "Why didn't you mention that before you granted her wish!"
Screenshot-286.jpg

Hank asked Tasha to go to the movies and I catch up with them afterward.

Tasha is working diligently on her One Sim Band LTW by playing drums for Hank.
Screenshot-242.jpg

And the next morning I find her getting ready to play piano.

Dee: "Where's Hank? He's usually listening to you play."

Tasha: *laughing* "He's multi-tasking and listening while he relaxes in the hot tub!"
Screenshot-264.jpg

And that's exactly what he's doing!

Dee: "I thought you were working on your Charisma for work?"

Hank: "I did. Now I'm listening to Tasha play piano. She likes an audience!"

Dee: "From the hot tub? She can't even see you!"

Hank: "She doesn't have to see me to know I'm listening. She gets her audience and I get hot tub time!"

Dee: "She said you were multi-tasking, so I guess as long as you guys are okay with it, it's fine."
Screenshot-266.jpg

And then Natasha and Hank get invited to a party!

Hank shows off some dance moves with the host as Pollyanna chats with another guest.

And Hank overhears an interesting bit of news.

Polly: "No, no morning sickness yet. But I've got crackers just in case!"
Screenshot-293.jpg

But before Hank can divulge his secret, he gets surprised by this!

Hank: *watching Tasha play guitar* "I'm in love with her! Head over heels in love! I've never felt this way about anyone in my life. I've always been party loving, flirty Hank! But this girl has changed all that. I can't imagine being with anyone else!*
Screenshot-5.jpg

But before Hank can act on his new found feelings, it seems someone else is also very much in love!

Natasha: "Hank, I thought that having you move in would be enough, but it's not! Marry me?"

Hank: "I never thought I'd be the type, but, I love you Tasha and I want us to be together forever, so 'yes, yes, yes'!"
Screenshot-35.jpg

And as they rejoice over their engagement, Hank recalls the news he overheard at the party last night!

Hank: "And I think that we're going to be Auntie Tasha and Uncle Hank again soon!"

Tasha: "Of course we are, Samantha's due any minute! That's not a secret!"

Hank: *shaking his head* "Not that sister, your other sister, Pollyanna!"

Tasha:*shocked* "By the Watchers, Mom and Dad will be thrilled! I can't believe Salty was able to convince her so soon! But how can we tell them but NOT tell them!?"

Hank: "I have an idea!"

Tasha: *giggling* "I'm sure you do!"

And she listens intently as Hank whispers his plan.
Screenshot-22.jpg

Then I'm shocked when JoAnna comes into the room with another Genie lamp!

Dee: "Really?! What is it with you and wishes!?"

JoAnna: "It's not a wish for me this time! The genie's been so good, I want to do something for her!"

Dee: "Well, if you feel that strongly about it, give it a shot!"
Screenshot-57.jpg

JoAnna summons the genie and tells her she wants to make her final wish but when she mentions freeing the genie, the genie just shakes her head!

JoAnna: "You don't want to be free?"

Dee: "I don't think you can free her unless you're good friends!"

JoAnna: *dejected* "Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought!"

Dee: "Just chat with her, Miss Couch Potato. Get to know her and you'll be friends in no time! You can chat, you do it enough on your phone!"

JoAnna: "That's Mrs. Couch Potato to you!"

Dee: "Oh, so now I'm not needed but for the triplets wish you want me to fix it!?"

JoAnna: *with a crafty smile* "I'm working on that as we speak. So let me get back to my genie…"

And with that comment, she introduces herself and starts getting to know Clarissa.
Screenshot-59.jpg

The next afternoon Logan is playing Attack of the Claw with Janeva.

Logan: "And the claw tickles you here, and here, and here!"

Janeva's little laugh echoes throughout the room, but not loud enough to drown out the ringing of his phone.
Screenshot-12.jpg

It was Andres calling to tell them that Sam is resting comfortably at home with their daughter!

Logan: "Well, little one, you have a new cousin! When she's older I'm sure you'll be best friends!" *with a gentle kiss on her forehead* "You play with your toys now. Grandpa loves you Evie!"
Screenshot-16.jpg

And I find JoAnna still chatting with Clarissa while Crewe works on a sketch.

Jo: "I hear that Genie's can summon perfect food! Is that true?"

Clarissa: "Oh yes, and we can make the house spotless and sparkly with a wave of our hand!"

Jo: *impressed* "Wow! Now that's a handy talent."

Looks like those two are well on their way to becoming friends!
Screenshot-60.jpg

And Crewe takes a break from sketching to check on Janeva.

Crewe: *thinking* I've just got to try this out now that I have a toddler of my own!*

And with that thought, he tries the Attack of the Claw and gets to hear his own little girl squeal with delight!

With that sound Crewe is overwhelmed with love for both his daughter and his Grandpa Adam and whispers a silent 'thank you' that he will definitely put into words the next time they meet.
Screenshot-66.jpg

Sasha had a game that day so Logan heads over to the Prudence home on his own to welcome his 2nd granddaughter!

And here she is, little Jessie Prudence, our Friendly and very human, Slob!

Dee: "Why so serious Logan?"

Logan: "Time is marching on. With grandchildren arriving, Sasha will be having her elder birthday soon. I don't know how Mom did it!"

Dee: "Did what?"

Logan: "Watched the love of her life grow older and then meet Grim!"

Dee: "Yes, very serious thoughts. But maybe Sophie didn't think of it that way. Maybe she thought more of all the wonderful joys Adam got to experience, and all she got to experience with him."

Logan: "You're right! I'm sure she focused on the positive not the negative!  And I need to do that too. Starting with being overjoyed with this little one right here! "

*talking to baby Jessie* "Grandpa's here sweet pea! Let's get you all settled in your new home."
Screenshot-82.jpg

And with Jessie in her new crib upstairs, Logan chats with Sam.

Logan: "Congratulations Samantha! A beautiful healthy baby girl! I think she has your eyes!"

Sam: "Oh dad, it's probably too soon to tell who she's going to look like, but she's amazing! I already love her so much. Andres went shopping for baby supplies. He's over the moon dad! This little girl already has him wrapped around her little finger!"

Logan: *laughing* "As your Mémé would say, 'Which is only proper for a new father'! And you look fine my girl! Up and about already! But don't overdo, make sure you get plenty of rest yourself!"

Sam: "You don't have to worry about that dad! Andres' already talking about sitters and nannies and daycare, when I go back to work and he can't be here! *with a smile* That man is just so good to me, even when I grumpy and mean!"

Logan: "And that's as it should be too! But try to let him know you really do appreciate it Samantha. Your mother worries about you missing out on good things. Speaking of your mother, she'll be over soon to check on you, I'm sure!"

Sam: "I'm looking forward to her visits! I need all the motherly advice I can get!"

Logan: *giving her a look* "You were like a second mother to Natasha! I know you tried to make sure no one noticed but we did! You are a bit of a softy Sam when it comes to nooboos and toddlers! But I'm late for Hank's bachelor party! I better get going. I'm supposed to give the toast!"

Sam: "Natasha engaged and getting married! I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was cuddling her and bringing her to a fairy house! You better head out dad. I'm going to check on Jessie and if she's sleeping, get some rest myself!"
Screenshot-77.jpg

So you're all invited to Hank's bachelor party!

What plan is he hatching with Tasha to spring the news of another Frio nooboo?

Will JoAnna become friends with the Genie and get to free her?

And what did she mean she was working on the no triplets wish?

Find out in Chapter 56-- Parties, Parties, Parties!
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 10:10:10 PM »
Chapter 56-- Parties, Parties, Parties!

Hank invited all the male family and friends everyone knew to his bachelor party at the newly renovated Paradise Pub.

With a brand new baby at home, Andres sends his best wishes but stays home with Sam and Jessie.

But Salty is there wearing a posh white suit with red shoes!

The upper level has a staffed bar and a dance floor which the guys start using right away.

Logan wasn't late after all and he joins in the dancing as no fairy can pass up the chance to dance!
Screenshot-88.jpg

Crewe attends but dances happily downstairs where it's not so crowded.

Dee: "That's some dress to impress outfit!"

Crewe: "It certainly is! I would have preferred lime of course, but the red really does pop!"

Dee: "It pops alright! And the glasses---very stylish!"
Screenshot-90.jpg

Then Hank asks for Natasha's hand which Logan gladly approves, and follows with his toast to his soon to be son-in-law.

Logan: "To Hank and Natasha, a life full of love, joy, and happiness! And lots of dancing!" he adds with a laugh!

Hank: *laughing and letting out a party animal cheer* "Woo! Woo! Woo! As a party animal, I can assure you there will be lots of dates with lots of dancing!"
Screenshot-96.jpg

And with those words, the party dancer girls show up!

Hank: "Welcome Candy and Sugar! Let's see if you're as good as I was!"

With all those thought bubbles, looks like this group prefers the blonde!

Dee: "Hey Antony, if you're hungry why don't you just summon perfect food?!"

Antony: "Oh, I guess I forgot I could do that! It's been pretty wild with the triplets!"

Dee: "Now that's an excuse I can believe. The bars open for drinks and food. Go order something!"
Screenshot-106.jpg

The party turns out awesome and all have a great time!

They dance, play darts and foosball,  and of course, spray fizzy nectar, until the wee hours!
Screenshot-118.jpg

Back at the house, Sam is encouraging Janeva as she maxes her xylophone skill!

Dee: "Hi Sam! Isn't it great to see the next generation?"

Sam: "It sure is! Thanks for bringing us along to the new town."

Dee: "The plan is to bring you all to as many towns as I can. Traveling is always hazardous though so I always breathe a sigh of relief when the gravestones show up safely in the family inventory. And then when you all start popping in and using the rockers, I know everything is A Okay! Stay as long as you like Sam, there's even a rocker in here now if you feel like relaxing."
Screenshot-136.jpg

Then next day is Leisure Day so that afternoon Hank puts his plan into action.

Hank: "Yeah, my bachelor party was awesome, but now I want to celebrate our engagement with a pool party with all of our family and friends! You know me, any excuse for a party!"
Screenshot-140.jpg

Polly, Arlene, and others are already swimming in the pool to beat the paradise heat.

Hank is getting ready to dive in and Andres is taking it easy in a lounge chair.

Sasha is thinking about going for a swim but may need to shower first after her extended session on the rock wall!

JoAnna had Hank add Clarissa to the invite list and is chatting away so she can become friends with her.

As usual, genies take on a whole new look when they're not in their genie outfits!
Screenshot-154.jpg

And the guests all mingle and take turns swimming and diving.

Samantha's looking fit and trim again even though Jessie's barely a day old!

And Joel and Ashley Vidal are taking a break from parenthood as well. They had their little girl the same day as Sam and Andres. They named her Raven!
Screenshot-166.jpg

But when Pollyanna goes over to listen to Tasha play drums, she's now visibly carrying a nooboo and the cats out of the bag!

Sasha and Logan rush over to her as Tasha smiles in the background!

Sasha can't resist and rubs Polly's tummy first thing saying, "Aww, nooboo! Congratulations honey, but are you sure about this?"

Polly: "I'm sure that I want to help Salty bring the mersims back and he's promised to take care of all the icky children things! The pregnancy hasn't bothered me at all and maybe I'll be like Aunt Jade and only be bothered by the actual child stage! Either way, I'll get through it. You did Mom, with three of us and I'm only planning on one for now!"
Screenshot-171.jpg

Sasha gives her a hug and says: "Well, I'm only a phone call away and I promise to come over after the baby's born. I'm going over to Sam's soon, to see little Jessie, and help out if she wants me too."
Screenshot-184.jpg

Then Hank and Tasha surprise everyone by turning the pool party into a wedding party!

They change into their wedding formals and wait for their guests under the arch.

Tasha chose a gown in traditional white but trimmed in her signature color black and looks truly stunning!

And Hank chose a lovely wedding suit in dove gray with a purple tie, of course!
Screenshot-195.jpg

When everyone's on the front lawn, either in formal or swim attire, they exchange rings and vows.

Natasha: "Hank Formaggio I wed thee with love and a deep joy that makes music in my heart. I only feel whole when I am with you and I plan on being with you for as long as the Watchers allow."

Hank: "Natasha Frio, I always thought that I'd be happy being a party dancer the rest of my life. But then I met you and the party just isn't the same without you by my side! So I wed thee with my whole heart and soul, as we dance the journey of life together, as husband and wife."
Screenshot-202.jpg

And they cut the cake together as Mr. and Mrs. Hank Formaggio!

Tasha: "Oh, but I asked you…shouldn't you be.."

Hank: "I knew what was coming with Polly and Salty's wedding, so I had it fixed at City Hall after we got engaged. It pays to be in politics, even a lowly trainee!"

Dee: "Well done Mr. Formaggio, well done! I can see you're going to go very far in your field as you think like a politician already!"
Screenshot-218.jpg

And after cake comes dancing. Their first dance as husband and wife.

Tasha: *whispering* "Today was so perfect Hank! And we've got the next two days off to relax and enjoy being newlyweds!"

Hank: *flirty as always* "Not just the next two days, Mrs. Formaggio, we have the rest of our lives to live, laugh, love, party, and dance the nights away!"
Screenshot-233.jpg

And they're not the only couple caught up in after-wedding romance!

Sasha and Logan are taking advantage of the beautiful moonlight.

Sasha: "Oh, Logan the last of our babies, married! Now even more time for us to relax and enjoy Paradise!"

Logan: "My thoughts exactly. Let's enjoy this beautiful night together."
Screenshot-232.jpg

And I find Polly and Salty in the side yard sharing a special moment as well.

Salty: "Well Mrs. Seaworth, today sure brought back memories didn't it? We were standing there just a short time ago. I thought I couldn't be a happier man than I was that day. But today, with your family so excited about our coming child, Polly, I just can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have you as my wife, carrying our baby. I never thought an Evil Sim like me could ever find such happiness! To feel the love of being part of a family."

Polly: "Oh, Salty, I do know how you feel. I'm used to being part of a big family, surrounded by their love and caring. Now we're on our own, but being back here today makes me realize, we're still part of that big loving family! And we're going to add another one to it soon! I was honest with Mom. I love this baby because it's ours, and I love you more each and every day."
Screenshot-237.jpg

And JoAnna, becoming good friends with Clarissa, finally gets to make her final wish to free the genie!

Clarissa: "Your wish for me has begun mistress, but the tasks ahead will be difficult! Be strong and courageous and you will survive to free me!"

And with those words, Clarissa returns to her lamp, leaving JoAnna sputtering: "Tasks! Difficult? Survive! Wait Clarissa, wait!"

Dee: *innocently* "Something wrong Jo?"

Jo: *still spluttering* "You knew! You knew it wasn't just 'I wish to free the Genie' and it was done! There are tasks and it's difficult and I might not survive! What of my little Janeva!?"

Dee: *laughing* "Oh, it's not that bad! The way you're carrying on you'd think you were dramatic or a diva and not just excitable! Polly and Antony both did it and survived, so you should be able to."

Jo: *freaking out* "Should?! That does NOT make me feel better about this!"

Dee: "Just calm down and we'll take it one step at a time."
Screenshot-248.jpg

Dee: "So what's your first task?"

Jo: "It says I need to freeze the lamp. That does sound simple enough."

She heads for the refrigerator and pops it inside.

Jo: "Oh, I see the sparkles! I must have done it right! That wasn't so hard!"
Screenshot-255.jpg

Dee: "Second step?"

Jo: "Heat the lamp. The oven glowed so it's already done. I waited 'til it cooled a bit. Didn't want to burn myself! Oh, hi Mr. Rocha, cleaning up after the wedding festivities, I see. I'll let everyone know there's plenty of cake left!"

Maid Rocha: "Yes, I can't believe you people left this outside last night. What are you doing with that odd lamp in the oven?"

Jo: "Oh, nothing. Science experiment."
Screenshot-263.jpg

Dee: "What's next?"

Jo: "It just says I have to bring the lamp underground. That doesn't sound too bad."

Dee: "But it's the hardest part Jo because I can't see you or help you! Please be careful. We haven't lost anyone doing this yet and I don't want to start with you! So hop in a motive mobile and head for the big cemetery."

Jo: "Cemetery? Why would I go there?"

Dee: "To bring the lamp underground, just like it says."

Jo: "You mean go into the mausoleum? By myself? Where you can't help me?"

Dee: "Well, not exactly by yourself. You'll have Clarissa in the lamp with you. But she won't actually be able to help or anything… so yeah, I guess by yourself."

Jo doesn't say anything just rushes out of the room.

I find her in the nursery holding Janeva and looking very solemn.

Dee: "Jo? You okay?"

JoAnna: "Yes, I'm okay. I just needed to hold her before I go. *talking to Janeva* Mommy loves you Evie! I'll be back soon! I promise!"
Screenshot-284.jpg

And we meet up at the cemetery.

Jo: "I don't want to discuss it anymore. I'm just going to head in before I lose my nerve. I promised my baby I would be back soon and I'm going to keep my promise!"

And with those words, she heads inside the mausoleum.

I wait for what seems like hours but is only minutes!

Even though we've done this twice before, I find it nerve-racking as I listen to the odd moans and noises coming from the crypt.

JoAnna finds a canteen next to a skeleton and it holds water she desperately needs!

Then she has a choice of walking on or pulling a lever that has a sign, "don't pull." She chooses to walk on, and survives!
Screenshot-265.jpg

And after meeting a bear deep in the crypt, being mauled, singed, and scared half to death, she emerges and  triumphantly places Clarissa's lamp on the ground!

When Clarissa is summoned she is no longer a slave to the lamp but free!
Screenshot-277.jpg

And after a quick but necessary shower, I find Jo back in the nursery!

Jo: "Here I am Evie! And I'm hoping to give you a brother or sister, maybe both, soon!"

Dee: "But Jo, with Clarissa here, the house is full!"

Jo: *with a self-satisfied smile* "Yes, but now when Tasha and Hank move out there will only be two empty spaces in the house!"

Dee: *jaw dropping* "You did it! You figured out a way to have your twins without risking triplets! Good job Jo! I don't believe I'll be underestimating your schemes again! So it wasn't really about freeing the genie at all?"

Jo: "Oh, I wanted to free the genie! But having her in the house made it a win-win for both of us!"
Screenshot-282.jpg

And then Sasha gets a call that Polly needs her at her house.

And she gets introduced to her newest granddaughter, Shonda!

Our little fairy/mermaid hybrid that's an artistic light sleeper!

Sasha: *murmuring to Shonda*"Oh, you've got dark blue sparkles like Brannon's! And pale skin like your father. So maybe you'll have his blue scales too? Oh, we have such great adventures in Paradise to look forward to, little one. And you have two older cousins, both girls! I can only imagine the fun and mischief the three of you will get into! Another Frio trio in a way!"

And Sasha's lips curve as she thinks about her three granddaughters and the joys of being a grandmother!
Screenshot-296.jpg

Well, Hank surely proved his party animal spirit in this Chapter, having not just one or two, but three parties, back to back!

JoAnna freed her Genie and has a plan for adding twins to her family! Will it work out like she hopes?

Will Sam or Polly have more children?

Or maybe it will be Natasha that adds a boy to this generation?

Find out in upcoming chapters!

Chapter 57-- Skills, skills, and more skills!
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »
Chapter 57-- Skills, skills, and more skills!

While Crewe works  on another painting, Natasha is still stunned by her wedding ring and new status!

Tasha: *thinking* Wow, I'm actually Mrs. Formaggio! Mrs. Hank Formaggio. Mrs. Tasha Formaggio. Mrs. Natasha Formaggio. Oh, they all sound so perfect!*

But then the shock hits her that she's no longer a Frio!

Dee: "Isn't possible Tash!"

Tasha: *startled* "What isn't possible?"

Dee: "That you aren't a Frio! You might no longer carry the name, but it will always be in your blood. Ursine/Frio/Sekemoto/Rodgers/Crewe those are your bloodlines. Your birthright. Nothing takes that away from you!

Tasha: "You're right! I'm still me even though my name is different. Being a Formaggio now is just an added bonus!"

Dee: "And then your children will add Formaggio to their bloodlines!"

Tasha: "That won't be for quite awhile yet! Hank wants to get established in his politics career first. And I need to focus on my music! Those instruments won't play themselves! I'm so close to mastering guitar, I was hoping to accomplish that before we find our own place."

Dee: "That sounds like a good plan."
Screenshot-300.jpg

Clarissa Cornwell--- young adult Genie
LTW: The Perfect Garden
Career: Science
Traits: Friendly, Green Thumb, Avant-Garde, Handy, and Disciplined
Skills: None
RI: None

Dee: "Hey Clarissa, hitting the garden bright and early, I see."

Clarissa: "Yes, you've got some great plants and produce here! I've already got 2 perfect plants to my credit!"

Dee: "Yes, we do! Logan's mother, Sophie, started gardening back in Bridgeport, and Sasha continued in Twinbrook, so you've got a good start. But why science as a career? I thought you'd pick self-employed gardener."

Clarissa: "Well, Science uses gardening, and it gave me LTH points, to find a job in it. And since I have no skills, I can't choose gardener until I have at least one skill point, so here I am planting, weeding, whatever it will allow me to do to get that first point!"

Dee: "I'll see what produce we have in the chests and you can check with Sasha on what she has on hand that you can plant at the lower levels. The better the starting quality the easier you'll get them up to perfect!"
Screenshot-64.jpg

Later that day I find her outside City Hall with a very satisfied smile on her face.

Dee: "They accepted you as a self-employed gardener already?"

Clarissa: "With no problem at all! Since I have a Green Thumb, I learn gardening quicker than the average Simgenie! I already have 4 skill points!"

Dee:*impressed* "That is fast! You just started this morning!"
Screenshot-7.jpg

And while Clarissa was busy with gardening, Sasha took the opportunity to visit with her granddaughter Jessie.

Sasha: "Aww, little nooboo! Who's grandma's sweetie? You are!"
Screenshot-11.jpg

But then Jessie starts crying and both Sam and Andres watch helplessly as Sasha feeds and comforts the baby.

Sam: *fretfully* "See Mom, she's happy for just a minute then she cries! We don't know what to do!"

Andres: *exhausted* "With Sam back to work, I'm staying up with the baby so she can sleep. But it seems like all I do is rock her. Every time I try to put her in her crib, she cries."

Sasha: *firmly* "Babies cry. That's a given. You make sure they're dry, warm, fed and comfortable and then you let them alone for a bit. Remember, she's been close to your heartbeat Sam, in a place where she wasn't disturbed. Sometimes they need the alone time, just to relax, with a soothing sound in the room, nothing more."

Sam and Andres: *shocked* "So WE'RE disturbing HER?!"

Sasha: *smiling* "You could be sometimes. If you're nervous and upset yourselves, she's going to feel that, and then she's going to be upset, and then no one gets any sleep! It's a vicious cycle and one that all parents, new and old, can get trapped in."
Screenshot-15.jpg

And once Sasha has little Jessie fed and comforted, she puts her in her crib and Jessie lies there quietly!

Sam: *amazed* "You did it Mom! She's awake but NOT crying."

Sasha: *hugging her tightly and speaking softly* "And you can do it too. Parenting is a skill, just like any other, except you don't get points for it, you get sleep! Which, as all parents know, is the most important thing! So relax and enjoy her. Let her know she is loved and safe and remember, she will cry. Don't panic. It's what babies do! And like your Mémé's says, 'I'm only a phone call away.'"
Screenshot-31.jpg

And while Sasha is busy with Jessie, Logan spends some quality time at the library with granddaughter Janeva.

With the triplets safely in the care of sitters, Antony and Arlene are enjoying the peace and quiet of the library as well.

Logan: *softly* "Come closer, Evie, and we'll read this story together. Never too soon to work on your skills."

Janeva: " "kay Grandpa. I like stories. And the pretty pictures too."
Screenshot-46.jpg

And then I find Tasha playing drums outside the grocery store.

Dee: "I thought you were going to focus on guitar so you could master it soon?"

Tasha: *all excited* "I did master it! I'm celebrating by playing drums! And Hank's over at Paradise Reality looking for a place for us!"

Dee: "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you'd move as soon as you mastered guitar! If you do everything as fast as that, you'll complete your LTW of One Sim Band in no time."
Screenshot-49.jpg

And like they did for both Sam and Polly, they purchase this cute home for the newlyweds as a wedding gift from the whole family.

Hank: "This place is perfect! The view is amazing and the beach is just down a path in the backyard. I was swimming and working on my athletic skill. And on my tan. Have to look good for politics!"

Dee: "Well, if you guys want any renovations done on the house, just let us know."

Hank: "We will. It's okay for us right now. We both just want some alone time. The main house was great, but pretty busy! And as long as Tasha has her instruments she's good to go!"
Screenshot-66.jpg

Back at the house, I find JoAnna ranting about work!

Dee: "Really? You're complaining about your job? You're a stay-at-home Mom, working as a Homemaker, at the top of your career. You make a bed, put a dish in the dishwasher, and throw in a load of laundry once in awhile, as you have a maid that comes in daily. And you blog a few times a day in between caring for Janeva and watching TV! That doesn't sound like a sweatshop!"

JoAnna: "Well, you certainly know how to kill a good rant! Is that all you interrupted me for?!"

Dee: *giving her a look* "No. What I really wanted to discuss is why you are out here alone, ranting, when Crewe is alone in the house."

JoAnna: *confused* "Crewe likes being alone. He's probably working on a new book, painting, or sketching."

Dee: "Probably, but with Hank and Tasha in their own place…."

JoAnna: *light dawning* "Oh, I see what you're getting at! I can rant later!"
Screenshot-58.jpg

And after spending some alone time, JoAnna and Crewe retire to their room for a romantic rendezvous that sends heart petals flying!
Screenshot-60.jpg

And before they know it, little Jessie is a toddler!

She's got the Frio red hair, but Andres nose! What a little cutie!
Screenshot-67.jpg

Sasha plays with her for a bit as Jessie squeals with delighted laughter.

Sasha: "Who's grandma's girl? Are you ticklish here? Here? Or maybe even here? I'm not as good as your great-grandpa Adam with the claw, but I can hold my own! And with three little granddaughters, I'm getting better every day Jessie!"
Screenshot-76.jpg

She changes her diaper and dresses her in clean clothes.

Sasha: "What a pretty little pink outfit for you little one."

And then she pops Jessie into the walker she brought over and settles on the couch with Andres to watch some TV.

Sasha: *watching Jessie with a frown*  "I probably should teach her myself, but the walker is so quick. She'll be walking on her own in no time!"

Andres: "It's great Mom! She's happy with it and I can show you one of my favorite fishing shows!"
Screenshot-82.jpg

And while Sasha is with Andres and Jessie, Crewe is practicing his Attack of the Claw with Janeva!

Crewe: "Aawwwgh, the claw gets you again!"

And Janeva laughs with glee!

Crewe: "Wow, Evie, Grandpa Adam was right. That never gets old for you or me!"
Screenshot-93.jpg

But unbeknownst to Crewe, JoAnna has a secret!

Dee: "What's wrong? You stood up real fast!"

JoAnna: "I just felt a bit odd! Thought maybe? No, it's gone now. But I think I may be expecting!"

Dee: "Oh Jo, I hope it's exactly what you're hoping for!"

JoAnna: *all dreamy* "Me too! It's been so long since we had a spot in the house and Janeva's going to be a child soon. I was hoping our children would be a bit closer together, so that's why I want twins this time!"

Dee: "Fingers crossed! Your secret's safe with me!"
Screenshot-88.jpg

And later that day, JoAnna rocks a sleepy Janeva, content with her young daughter and in the knowledge that she may be giving her a little brother or sister, or both, before too long!
Screenshot-97.jpg

And as morning dawns the next day, JoAnna's feeling becomes a reality and she pats her tummy with motherly affection!

JoAnna: "Aww, nooboo. Mommy loves you so much already! A son, a daughter, maybe both, if my wish from the Genie is fulfilled!"

Dee: "No way to hide your secret now! Everyone will be thrilled when they hear the news. Nooboos are always exciting news, but had you hinted to Crewe before when you were feeling odd?"

JoAnna: "Not then, but after you brought it to my attention that with Hank and Tasha out of the house, I was wasting time, we did discuss Janeva needing a brother or sister. I haven't exactly confessed to him my large family wish though and wanting twins!"

Dee: *smiling* "Since he's one of triplets, I don't think twins will scare him off too much!"
Screenshot-102.jpg

And Sam pays Sasha a visit with nooboo news of her own!

Sam: "We know Jessie just became a toddler Mom, but you helped us out so much with your advice and we want them to be close in age! We have a feeling it's a boy this time! And if we're right, we'll be the first ones to have a boy in this generation!"

Sasha: *all excited* "Its's grandma nooboo, peek-a-boo. Just think of all the fun we'll have with your blocks!"

To Sam she says, "Are you still trying to be first in things?"

Sam: *shaking her head* "No, Mom, I think I finally grew up and realized that I was being childish!"

Sasha: "When did you realize that?"

Sam: "When Jessie kept saying, 'Me first, me first', when we were playing with her peg box! I realized that I've been saying that most of my life and was pretty ashamed of myself."

Sasha: "Well, you see that now, so you really have grown up! I am proud of you Samantha! A scientist, a wife and mother, and still growing and able to laugh at yourself. Third of the trio can't be changed, but you'll always come first in your husband's eyes and in your children's while their young."

And they both laugh and say together: "Like Mémé would say, 'Which is only proper, and as it should be!"
Screenshot-109.jpg

And JoAnna and Sam share their pregnancy news as a paparazzi takes pictures!

No way for either of them to keep their expected babies a secret now!

Sam and JoAnna laugh and say: "I didn't know you were expecting! This is so exciting both of us having nooboos again!"

Sam: "I'm a bit farther along than you but I think you might be bigger than me already! No offense. Oh that sounded awful, even for me!"

JoAnna: *darting a look around* "I'm not offended! I think it might be twins! A secret between us moms-to-be!"

Sam: "Oh, wow. You're braver than me. I'm taking mom's advice and having one at a time! *glancing down at her stomach* I hope anyway!"

JoAnna: "But your Jessie's just become a toddler and our Janeva is almost a child, so I want to have two together and not string them out and farther!"

And they chat about all they're feeling and going through as only expectant mothers can.
Screenshot-130.jpg

And I find JoAnna reading a pregnancy book in the rocker later.

Dee: "You almost finished?"

Jo: *stifling a yawn* "Almost. It's so comfortable here, I'm almost asleep. Why? Is something going on?"

Dee: "I think Crewe wanted to take Janeva to the festival, maybe go as a family. If you're up to it?"

Jo: "I can sit at a picnic table and rest if I get tired. I want Janeva to enjoy her last toddler days!"
Screenshot-148.jpg

So the younger Frios, Crewe, JoAnna, and little Janeva head off to the festival for a few hours of fun.

JoAnna: "We need to do stuff like this more often, with just our little family."

Crewe: "Yes, it is fun, just the three of us. As long as you don't get too tired out. Let me know and we can head home. If there's a crowd, I won't be comfortable staying too long anyway, so don't think it's you cutting this short."

JoAnna: "I'm fine. Let's get ice cream. I'm having a craving for a strawberry cone!"

Evie: "Ice cream! Ice cream! Me too!"

Crewe: "My women have spoken! Ice cream it is!"
Screenshot-152.jpg

And after a fun-filled day at the festival, Janeva looks longingly at the fairy house with the music sounding so fun.

Dee: "It's okay sweetie. You can join Grandpa Logan's fairy house party and try out your toddler fairy skills."

Evie: "But how?"

Dee: "Well, I think you just have to think about being your tiny fairy self and you change."
Screenshot-157.jpg

And in the blink of an eye, she's a cute little speck!

I can hear her chattering in her high-pitched little fairy toddler voice as she joins Logan inside.

Evie: "Gwampa, I did it! I joined your pawty."

Logan: "So you did, my sweet. So you did! Soon you'll be giving your own!"

Another skill learned!
Screenshot-162.jpg

And as Janeva enjoys her new skill and the fairy house party, Crewe and Logan watch the stars together.

JoAnna: "The stars are so beautiful here. They seem so close, like if I reached out, I could touch them!"

Crewe: *lovingly* "Not as close or as beautiful as you are to me Jo! Today was wonderful. Our little family together and with another child on the way. *he hesitates then says* "Or maybe more?"

Jo: *shocked* "You guessed?!"

Crewe: *shaking his head no* "Dad, was a bit concerned about how big you were getting so fast and he checked your records. He wasn't invading your privacy, really, he was just concerned. Especially with Mom having triplets! You're not mad are you? Or upset?"

Jo: *trying to sound miffed* "About which part? Your father checking and talking to you about me behind my back or about having more than one?"

Crewe: *stammering* "I'm so sorry Jo, we didn't mean…" *then he looks at Jo's smiling face and grins back* "You're not upset about either of those things! You wanted twins!"

Jo: *smiling lovingly at him* "Yes. I did. I didn't want to wait between them like we did with Janeva. I want them to be close."

Crewe: "Boys or girls?"

Jo: "Well, if I played my cards right, or more importantly ate my fruit right, one of each!"

And they settle down to enjoy the stars before their lives get super busy with a school child and twins!
Screenshot-203.jpg

So a lot of skilling in this chapter!

Natasha mastered guitar and she and Hank moved out to their own place.

Clarissa is learning gardening at a fast pace due to her green thumb trait and should soon be harvesting more perfect plants!

Sam and Andres' Jessie started on her toddler skills with the walker.

Little Janeva completed her toddler skills with a trip to the library with Grandpa Logan and attended her first fairy house party. And her child birthday is fast approaching!

And both Samantha and JoAnna are eager to hone their parenting skills on their expected nooboos!

Join us in Chapter 58-- Birthdays and babies!
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2018, 07:50:32 PM »
Chapter 58-- Birthdays and babies!

Grandpa Logan brings Janeva to her cake.

Logan: "Ready to be a big girl Evie?"

Evie: *lip trembling* "Will it hurt Gwampa?"

Logan: "Oh, no sweetie! It doesn't hurt at all! I'll help you blow out the candles while everyone else cheers you on and then I'll set you down on the floor and in a shower of sparkles, you'll be a big girl and get to eat cake!"

Evie: *smiling* "I like cake! 'kay, Gwampa, I'm ready!'
Screenshot-163.jpg

Logan: "She's ready everyone!"

And with those words he helps her blow out the candles and sets her on the floor.

The rest of the family joins them and cheers her on!

Sasha: * twirling a noise maker* "Woohoot! Birthday time for Evie!"

JoAnna: *clapping* "You can do it Evie!'

Crewe: "Daddy's girl Evie, give us a spin!"

Clarissa: *attending her first Sim birthday party, thinking*I'm not even sure what to do!*
Screenshot-166.jpg

Evie: "You were right Grandpa, it didn't hurt at all! But the sparkles were very bright! I think my eyes crossed! Oh, there's my cake!" *pauses* "Is it organic?"

Sasha's face sobers as she says: "I don't know. Does it matter?"

Evie: "Well, maybe not for the rest of you, but I'm Eco-friendly now and I prefer to eat organic food!"
Screenshot-174.jpg

But that doesn't stop the birthday girl and most of others from enjoying the cake!

Except for Logan. He's busy researching organic foods and Sasha has disappeared, no doubt checking on her gardening methods to make sure they are organic!

Evie, blissfully unaware of her grandparents new worries after her announcement, discusses art with her father.

Evie: "So I know it will take lots of practice to be as good as Mr. da Vinci or you daddy, but I need to start somewhere. So can I borrow one of your easels?"

Crewe: *happy his daughter is interested in art* "Of course, sweetie! Use any empty easel you'd like. But don't remove anyone else's! That's rude, and very improper as your Mémé would say! They could be working on a masterpiece!"

Evie: "Oh, I would never do that Daddy! It would make them feel so sad!"
Screenshot-183.jpg

Crewe: *realizing who he had spoken to* "I'm sorry Evie! I was distracted! I know YOU would never do something like that! You're too Good! But one of mine went missing recently and I still haven't tracked down the culprit!"

Dee:*embarrassed* "Um, Crewe, I think the culprit was me! I loved that painting but it was glitched and you couldn't continue it, so I had to scrap it! I'm hoping you get the inspiration to try that one again. It was a beautiful winter scene. Please forgive me!"

But before Crewe can respond, JoAnna and Logan look at each other and laugh and say, "I thought it was you!"

Crewe: *laughing and shaking his head* "I never thought it was stolen you two kleptos!  I hadn't finished it so I knew it had to have been scrapped! I was having trouble getting it finished, though, so maybe it was for the best. Maybe next time I'll get the inspiration for the whole painting!"
Screenshot-241.jpg

So while Janeva heads off to her first night in her big girl room, Crewe gets to know his nooboos!

Crewe: *smiling* "It's Daddy you two! Can you hear me? I can certainly feel you two! Don't give Mommy such a hard time in there!"

JoAnna: "I think the harder time will come when they're out here with us, daddy!"
Screenshot-191.jpg

Crewe: "You are so beautiful, Jo! No more so then when you are carrying our children!"

Jo: "You certainly have a way with words, Mr. Frio! I feel as big as a house, but when you look at me like that, I'm that young girl that first met you outside on the lawn with my heart going a mile a minute!"

Crewe: *smiling with love at his wife* "We've grown up a lot since then Jo. I don't stammer much anymore as your love has given me such confidence. But my heart will always beat faster when you're in the room!"

And with their love for their expectant children magnifying the love they have for each other, they retire to their own room for some alone time!
Screenshot-199.jpg

And late that evening I'm shocked to see three of the family ghosts congregated in the back yard!

And Samantha is with them!

Dee: "What's going on everyone? Is there a party I missed hearing about?"

Claire, Jared, and Rae all respond together: "We're here to welcome the new Frio!"

Samantha: "JoAnna's not due for a bit yet. She just looks bigger because she's having twins!"

The three ghosts: "Not those Frio babies, yours dear!"

Samantha: "Mine? Really? You came to see my baby?" *she gestures at her stomach* "But this baby will be a Prudence!"

The three ghosts: "Once a Frio, always a Frio!"

And I leave them all chatting happily with a very surprised Samantha.
Screenshot-202.jpg

And I'm even more surprised to find her still at the house at dawn!

Dee: "Sam? You still here? Shouldn't you be getting some rest at home?"

Sam: *her eyes crossed in shock* "The family ghosts were right! I'm in labor! Mom? Dad! HELP!!!!!"
Screenshot-205.jpg

And then the Simpanic begins!

Dee: "Really Logan!? You're a surgeon and have been for years!"

Logan: *stammering* "Yes, that's the problem… I do brain surgery and haven't delivered a baby in years!"

Dee: "I don't think the process has changed much!"
Screenshot-211.jpg

Then Sasha and JoAnna hearing all the commotion, come running outside!

Jo claps excitedly with the birth of the coming baby but Sasha starts to panic.

Then she goes into family-oriented mother mode!
Screenshot-222.jpg

And brings Sam to the hospital!

Sasha: "Slow and easy baby girl, slow and easy. That's right, breathe through it."

Sam: "Thanks for being here Mom. I wasn't expecting it at your house!"

Sasha: "Your doctor was meeting us here! Let's get you inside!"
Screenshot-233.jpg

And while they're waiting to hear Sam's baby news, Janeva is welcoming her own baby siblings!

Evie: "There's really two of them in there Mom?" *placing her hand on her mothers' tummy*  "Wow! I can feel them moving! *then in wonder and awe at new life* "One just kicked my hand!"

Jo: "Just think Evie, you're going to be a big sister soon!"
Screenshot-228.jpg

But first Evie gets a new cousin!

Welcome first boy of this generation, little Jerry Prudence!

Our light sleeper, loner, human nooboo.
Screenshot-238.jpg

Sasha helps Sam get Jerry settled in at home.

But Sam still looks a bit shocked.

Dee: "Are you and the baby okay Sam?"

Sam: * A bit dazed* "Oh, yes, we're both fine! I'm just still shocked that the family ghosts knew it was my time and came out to welcome him! I've never felt so much a part of this family before! Part of this journey! I'm not the heir and I've been so adamant about being first and not wanting to follow rules. *choking up*  And even with all that, they still claim me, us, as Frios!"

Dee: "I told Tasha the same thing Sam! And I'm glad that with the family ghosts showing up, you got to see that first hand! Heir, spare, spouse, genie….each and every one of you plays a role in this. Some parts may be small, some bigger with more responsibility, but without each one of you, it won't be accomplished! You are all in this together, going beyond Sunset Valley, living in new towns, experiencing all the different things that Sims 3 Land has to offer!
And it all keeps on going with each new generation. In fact, I was hoping to take a spares' child sometime, grown up of course, whenever we had a small enough generation to make that possible."

Sam: "But with Janeva and the expected twins, that won't be a possibility for this generation."

Dee: "I'm afraid not. But how would you feel about having one of your children go off to another town without you?"

Sam: *startled* "One of MINE!? Oh, I see what you mean about being in it together. Making sacrifices for the good of the family journey. I never thought about it that way before. Mémé did that by staying in Twinbrook when she could have stayed in the main family and at least got to see Grandpa Adam's ghost. But she had other children and grandchildren that needed her there and our trio needed to be here together. But still a choice and a sacrifice. Doing what is good for the many instead of the few. Or the one."
Screenshot-247.jpg

And then with a shake of her head, Sam says: "Something to think about and pass on to our own kids! But we have a little one to look after right now and his big sister still needs to learn her skills. Andres why don't you get to know your son while I help Jessie with her peg box skills?"

Andres: "I'd love to hold him and feed him his bottle! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the hospital Sam. I was hoping to be with you!"

Sam: "It all happened too fast! Mom was supposed to come here so you could be with me, but Jerry had other ideas! If there's a next time, I'll listen to the ghosts, and go home when they pop out!"

Andres: "Should I even ask what you're talking about?"

Me, Sam, and Sasha: "No!"

Andres: *shaking his head* "Didn't think so."
Screenshot-248.jpg

After spending time with her new grandson and little Jessie, Sasha stops at the festival on her way home to pick up a surprise for Janeva!

Pumpkins to carve for Spooky Day!

And they both sit down and carve them in the eerie moonlight!

Sasha: "Do you need help Evie?"

Evie: "I'm doing okay Grandma! This is fun! Thank you so much for getting us pumpkins!"

They look so cute together in their matching outfits.

Evie may not like that so much when she gets older, but then again, she is like Sasha in 2 out of 3 of her traits so she just might!
Screenshot-258.jpg

Just as she finishes, Evie brings up the subject of ghosts.

Evie: "Do you think the family ghosts will like my pumpkin Grandma?"

Sasha: "They should sweetie, it's wonderful! You did a great job!"
Screenshot-261.jpg

And when they're done, they display them by the front steps!

Sasha made the silly one on the left and Evie the cute cat on the right!
Screenshot-264.jpg

And Sasha makes sure her unborn grandchildren get attention as well.

Sasha: "And Grandma will play peek-a-boo with you and teach you to talk, and walk, and buy you cute little sneakers!"
Screenshot-267.jpg

JoAnna heads upstairs to get some rest when the twins decide it's time to meet the whole family!

Sasha is clearly distressed by yet another labor in her presence but Crewe is completely oblivious and heads calmly downstairs!
Screenshot-275.jpg

Then Logan arrives and panics and yells: "Get Crewe!"

Sasha gives him a look and responds with: "Seriously? Alright, but I doubt he'll be much help!"
Screenshot-280.jpg

But before Crewe arrives, Clarissa shows up and panics!

Clarissa: "I'm a Genie not a doctor! I can summon perfect food and make your house all clean and sparkly. Doctor Frio DO something!"

Logan: "I'm calling the hospital now!"
Screenshot-288.jpg

And while JoAnna delivers a beautiful fairy daughter, Crewe finally arrives upstairs and starts chatting with a now calm Clarissa!

Jo: "Aww nooboo. Look at those pretty green sparkles! We named your big sister after me and your Grandma Eve, so let's use daddy's name this time. Something with a 'C'. We waited with such anticipation for your birth, so I think Carly would be the perfect fit!"

Then Jo heads off downstairs to put her in her crib!

One! Just one? Not twins?
Screenshot-291.jpg

But then Crewe picks up his new son and gives him his first bottle!

Crewe: "Well, hello there, little one. I see you have pink sparkles like I did! Maybe you're going to be like me!
Mommy wanted to name you something similar to your Grandpa Shamus, so I think Shawn would be the perfect name for you!'
Screenshot-296.jpg

And Crewe is right. But not just about Shawn being like him. Both his children received a trait from him!

His daughter Carly got his Neurotic trait along with Great-Grandma Rae's Virtuoso trait!

And his son Shawn got his Artistic trait along with Great-Aunt Audra's Genius trait!

What new adventures await the Frios now?

Janeva has school and friends to meet and the twins will sure add excitement to the house!

Read all about it in Chapter 59-- Making Friends in Paradise
Coming soon

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
Chapter 59-- Making Friends in Paradise

Crewe and Joanna get the twins fed, changed, and in good moods with lots of cuddles, building up their friendships with the twins as much as they can.
Screenshot-304.jpg

With her first day of school fast approaching, Evie decides to pick out some new clothes, a look that reflects her personal style.

She picks this for her athletic outfit.
Screenshot-239.jpg

And this one for her everyday.
Screenshot-243.jpg

With the rest of the family busy with the twins, she gets permission to go to the festival on her own! She decides to try out some festival food at the park and is comparing the merits of her Grandma Sasha's delicious vegetables, which are organic, to the wonderfully tasty snack she just had.

As she's thinking that both kinds of food are delicious in their own way, she notices someone about her age across the street so she heads over to introduce herself.
Screenshot-249.jpg

Evie: "Hi, I'm Janeva Frio. My family calls me Evie. I like to paint do you?"

Little boy: "I'm Carl Ichtaca. My family just calls me Carl. I don't know if I like to paint or not. I've never tried it!"

Evie: "My dad paints all the time and we have easels all over the house! Maybe you could…?"

But before Evie can issue an invitation both children gets calls from their parents that they need to come home!

Evie: "Bye Carl. I start school soon, so I should see you there!"

Carl: "Bye Evie. Nice meeting you."
Screenshot-251.jpg

When she gets home, Evie decides to try her hand at baking with the toy oven.

She wonders if muffins are organic or if hers will taste as good as Antony's cheese danish she found in the refrigerator.
Screenshot-271.jpg

And Clarissa is trying something new as well!

Their maid, Nathan Rocha, asked her out on a date and they met up at the festival park.

Nathan: "I'm so glad you accepted my invitation Clarissa. I wanted to get to know you better away from the house."

Clarissa: "I was really surprised when you called and asked me out Nathan! This is my first date ever! I've not been out in the world very long."

Nathan: *amazed* "Really? Someone as beautiful as you has never been on a date before? I feel really honored that you chose me as your first date then!"
Screenshot-308.jpg

Clarissa: "I'm not even sure what you're supposed to do on a date really!"

Nathan: "Just do what ever feels right to you!"

So Clarissa takes his words to heart and kisses him!

And Nathan kisses her right back!

Then he asks her to the movies.

Nathan: "It's a pretty standard date thing. You go into a darkened theatre and watch a show sitting close by each other. And you can get drinks and snacks too."

Clarissa: "Sitting close to you in the dark sounds very nice Nathan!"

So off they go.
Screenshot-313.jpg

The movie was great, what they saw of it anyway, but Clarissa is thrilled by what she sees when they come out of the theatre.

Another Genie with a toddler!

Dee: "Hi Antony! It's so good to see you around town. The triplets have grown up a bit! Which one is that?"

Antony: *proudly* "This is the oldest one, Nancy! I've only gotten brave enough to take them out one at a time but she's being a good little girl so far. Hasn't fussed at all."

Dee: "Well, we have a new Genie at the house for a bit, her name's Clarissa. In fact, she's here at the theatre on a date. I'd introduce you but I don't want to interrupt her date. But I did want you to know she was in town. And she'll be looking for a place of her own soon so if you here about a starter home, please let us know."

Antony: "I did notice her when we walked up." *laughing* "Hard to hide a bright blue skinned genie with red hair! But I'm always available to help out a fellow freed Genie! I'll keep an eye on the real estate market and let you know if I find anything."

Dee: "Thanks Antony. Have fun on your day out with Nancy. I better get back to Clarissa and her date."
Screenshot-324.jpg

But Clarissa doesn't seem to need my assistance at all. She's really taken to dating!

She gives Nathan a massage.

Nathan: "You have amazing hands Clarissa."
Screenshot-330.jpg

And then gives him pretty red roses!

Nathan: "Wow, for me? Usually the guy gives the girl flowers, but it makes me feel all gooey inside to get them from you!"
Screenshot-329.jpg

Clarissa: "I know we haven't known each other all that long Nathan, but I already know how I feel about you! Will you be my steady guy?"

And Nathan, overwhelmed by his feelings for this pretty exotic girl, says yes!

Dee: "Wow, Genie's fall in love fast!"

Antony: *watching them with little Nancy* "I think it's from being in the lamps. All cooped up and no way to express any feelings. Once you're released and freed, it's just so many emotions that falling in love happens quickly. But that's probably more than enough for this little one to see! I better get her home to bed."
Screenshot-337.jpg

And the twins get their share of attention too.

Sasha plays with them and cuddles them all the time!

Shawn was sleeping so Carly got Grandma's attention this time.
Screenshot-345.jpg

And Crewe is trying to make friends with both of his twins.

He rocks little Carly after a feeding, changing, cuddle session.

Dee: "You look pretty zoned Crewe. Feeling okay?"

Crewe: "Yeah. I guess. Just chilling here with Carly and thinking about the future."

Dee: "About anything in particular?"

Crewe: "Heirship mostly. Before the twins it was just Janeva, but now…three to choose from! How did Dad do it?"

Dee: "Well, he really didn't! You kids pretty much made your own choices. Well, apart from traits! And then your mother just pointed out the obvious, who really was fitted for heirship. I mean, did you really think about being heir in your teens?"

Crewe: "No! I barely spoke to anyone outside the family and when I did I usually said the wrong thing! Boy, am I glad Jo understood me and was able to figure out what I was really asking her. I don't think I had a clue most of the time!'

Dee: "There's part of your solution right there! Give it more time. Janeva just started school and the twins are still nooboos. Let them grow and develop their own personalities and I think heirship will become more clear as they age."

Crewe: "That sounds like a good idea. But for a neurotic sim like me to stop worrying is almost impossible!"
Screenshot-353.jpg

Then he gives Shawn some rocking time with daddy too.

Dee: "You feeling less anxious now?"

Crewe: "About heirship, yes."

Dee: "So what's bothering you now?"

Crewe: "Evie started school and she called earlier and asked permission to go to a friend's home afterward."

Dee: "What's wrong with that?"

Crewe: "Nothing really. I'm glad she's making new friends. Except…It was a boy! Isn't she a little too young to be meeting boys!?"

Dee: *laughing* "You are too funny Crewe! Don't you remember your elementary school days? Did you really even think of girls as anything other than friends?"

Crewe: *with a wry smile* "I barely even acknowledged their existence. Our house was always full of sims and I spent most of my time trying to find a place to be alone!"

Dee: "And Evie's Good. She would never do anything that she thought would make someone else feel bad. But I can go check on her if you'd like, just to make you feel better!"

Crewe: *relieved* "Yes, please. I'm going to be such a worry wart of a father! Especially where my daughters are concerned!"
Screenshot-355.jpg

So to put Crewe's mind at rest, I head over to the Alto home.

Oh, the Alto's---I have heard some disturbing things about that family! Especially the dad! Maybe Crewe was right to be worried.

But when I get there I find Evie chatting with Igor and fast becoming friends!

Evie: "Thanks for helping me with my homework Igor. It really went fast with both of us working on it together."

Igor: "Yes, it did. I'm glad I asked you over Evie! You're the first school friend I've had here at the house."
Screenshot-374.jpg

Evie: "And it's a great house Igor. Very big and so pretty! Maybe you can come visit at my house soon!"

Igor: "Your house is up in the hills near town. Maybe we could even go the festival park since it's so close. That really sounds like fun!"

Clearly these two are fine and Evie is perfectly safe here at the Altos!
Screenshot-375.jpg

And then it's Sasha's elder birthday. Logan had to go to the hospital for an emergency but Crewe celebrates with his Mom.

Sasha looks very happy to be welcoming her elder years as she claps at her cake.

Sasha: "I'm a grandmother six times over now so I should look the part!"
Screenshot-384.jpg

And she keeps her cute pixie hair style and seems very pleased with her new look.

Dee: "Not bad for a Grandma Sash! And you didn't get that weird hairstyle that's plagued you since your teen years!"

Sasha: "I like the new me! And my dress doesn't fit that bad either. A bit of a tummy now but some exercise will keep me fit!"
Screenshot-390.jpg

And she heads outside to challenge Evie to a game of hopscotch.

The paparazzi are always around so hopefully they can just ignore them.
Screenshot-394.jpg

And then the Frios get an invite over to a feast party for Snowflake Day at the Negrete's home.

Janeva's heading inside but stops, concerned that little Dierdre is so close to the steps.

Evie: "Hi there! I'm Evie. Let's go inside and play!"

And when Dierdre looks up at her and smiles, Evie feels on top of the world!

Evie: *thinking* Wow. It feels so nice to take care of someone smaller than you are. Keep them safe. And when they smile at you, it's like you are just the best Sim in the whole world! I think being a big sister is going to be great!*
Screenshot-398.jpg

And Polly and Salty are there!

Jo joins Salty on the couch to get in some TV time while Logan chats with Polly and Arlene.

Arlene: "Oh, before I forget, Antony wanted me to tell you he thinks there's a small home on the market a couple of doors down from us. It will be great having someone else we know in the neighborhood, especially another freed Genie! But it won't last long, so if Clarissa wants it she better act fast!"

Logan decides he better let Clarissa know, so he gives her a call and she tells him she'll contact Paradise Realty right away.
Screenshot-406.jpg

Stanley gets popped into the walker that Sasha brought as a present for the children for Snowflake Day!

Dee: "Aren't you a little blue cutie Stanley! You look just like your sisters with your dark hair and eyes! I have a feeling your trio is going to be just as awesome as the Frio ones."

Arlene: "I'm sure of it! If there's something to get into those three will be right there! The walker will be a big help in teaching them the skill, but I'm not sure if we're making it easier on ourselves by making them more mobile!"

Dee: "That is a trade off! You and Antony will be run off your feet to be sure."

Arlene: *laughing* "Good thing we can fly!"
Screenshot-405.jpg

Sasha had planned on teaching little Dierdre to talk, but getting her a bottle and changing her diaper were more pressing needs.

Sasha: *thinking*Toddler triplets are definitely for the young! I've only been here an hour or so and I'm already exhausted!*

Sasha: "And I think you are too little one. But I'm not sure why your parents didn't give you a different color bow, I'm having trouble telling you and your sister apart! I think your face is a little fuller though. All the better for pinching those cute little cheeks!"
Screenshot-401.jpg

And Arlene takes care of little Nancy who seems to be enjoying all the guests in their home.

Arlene: "I think Nancy is going to be our people person! She loves outings and meeting new Sims. She's friendly and always has a smile for everyone!"

Dee:  "I saw her out with Antony earlier this week and she never fussed at all. She's so cute Arlene! You and Antony have three beautiful children. You should be very proud. Tired, I'm sure, but proud!"

Arlene: "Tired, yes, but at least we can use our Genie powers to clean and summon perfect food. It helps out a lot! And now with the walker and the other toys that the Frios brought the children for Snowflake Day, I think we'll be all set for an easier toddler time."
Screenshot-403.jpg

Some budding friendships and more were forged in this chapter!

Clarissa went on her first date and has a boyfriend. And may find her own place soon.

Janeva's met a few boys in her class at school and Crewe is learning to live with that!

And the Frio twins are fast approaching their toddler birthday.

Which can only mean one thing for the next chapter, toddler spam and lots of it!

Be prepared for Chapter 60-- Toddler Birthdays and a Slumber Party!
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2018, 04:34:39 PM »
Chapter 60-- Toddler Birthdays and a Slumber Party!

And before they knew it was time for the twins birthdays!

It's just the immediate family as Clarissa was able to buy the home near the Negrete's. She was reluctant to leave her new found friends, but to show her appreciation for all they had done for her, she stocked the replicators and refrigerator with all their favorite meals!

Crewe brings Carly to the cake and Logan and Sasha clap and whistle!

JoAnna looks scared though!

Dee: "Something wrong Jo?"

Jo: "My baby's growing up---just a motherly spasm I guess!"
Screenshot-409.jpg

And Carly has JoAnna's blonde hair!

A blonde Frio in the main family line! I am so excited!
Screenshot-414.jpg

Crewe settles her down for some playtime with her peg box.
Screenshot-421.jpg

Crewe is very serious as he brings Shawn to his cake.

Dee: "This is a party Crewe, you are allowed to smile!"

Crewe: "When he's safely on the floor, maybe I'll be able to relax!"
Screenshot-424.jpg

So he sets him down, but the rest of the family wasn't prepared for that quite yet as they all are still facing the other way! Noise makers and cheers continue and so does Crewe's serious face.

Dee: "He's safely on the floor, you can relax now."

Crewe: "But he's not changing! Something's wrong!"

Dee: "Nothing's wrong, just give him a minute."
Screenshot-426.jpg

And in a flash of sparkles, Shawn becomes a ginger-headed Frio toddler, just like his daddy!

So with Janeva sporting Sasha's brown hair, Carly inheriting JoAnna's blonde, and Shawn continuing the Frio red hair, we have three different hair colors for this generation!
Screenshot-432.jpg

Logan, checking on Carly, does some necessary potty training and then starts teaching her to talk.

Logan: "World. We live on a big round world."

Carly: *stares at the floor*

Logan: "Sasha always made this look so simple!"

Dee: "Yes, she did. So keep trying Mr. Brain Surgeon!"

Logan: "Music. La di da di da. Music."

Carly: *just looks at him*

Logan: "I don't think I'm very good at this!"
Q434,442.jpg

And Shawn gets the first turn in the walker.

He looks a little scared.

Dee: "It's okay sweetie. Just take your time. You can play with toys for a bit to get used to it."

But he's zooming around the foyer in no time at all!
Q437-441.jpg

Logan: "Aww, is my little Carly tired?"

He hugs her close, then says, "And the claw attacks!"

Carly squeals with laughter, happy and content in her grandfather's arms.

Then Logan changes her into her pj's, getting her ready for bed and some much deserved sleep.

Logan: "It's been a big day for you sweetie. Birthday cake, potty training, Grandpa yelling words at you, and your first Attack of the Claw. Time for sleepy-bye."
Q445-456.jpg

With walking complete, JoAnna starts teaching Shawn to talk.

And he repeats everything she says, "School, Food, Picture, and Football!"

JoAnna: "Oh, Shawn, you are Mommy's little Genius for sure. You'll master talking in no time! But I see someone's eyelids drooping so I think you have had enough for one day, my little man."
Q460-464.jpg

Then I see a visitor!

Dee: "Hey Adam! Nice to see you! Stopping in to check on the newest Frio toddlers?"

Adam: "Yes, it's so nice to hear children's voices in the family home again! Little Evie was so quiet on her own, but now with the twins, it's full of childish voices and laughter again!"

Dee: "It certainly is! Both of the little ones are learning how to talk so it will get even livelier!"
Screenshot-480.jpg

JoAnna lets Shawn try out the potty chair, gives him hugs, and puts him in his pj's.

JoAnna: "Off to bed for you young man. You and your sister have had a very long day!"
Q486-491.jpg

The next morning is more toddler skilling.

Shawn is still sleeping, so JoAnna has a go at teaching Carly to talk.

Either JoAnna has gotten better at the skill herself or Carly's just in a better mood, because she starts repeating everything JoAnna says, Thief, Gem, Talking, Shoes, and Painting!

JoAnna is amazed at the response she's getting and we're both glad Logan's not in the room!

No need for Grandpa to feel foolish now is there!

JoAnna: "You did it my girl! All the words Mommy said, you said! Such a little smartie."
Q492-499.jpg

And later that afternoon Sasha continues teaching Shawn to talk.

With all the progress he made with his Mom, combined with Shawn's Genius trait and Sasha's Family-oriented one, it doesn't take long for him to master it!

But we all keep giving Sasha looks at her choice of sentences.

She started off okay with "Your birthday party was so much fun!"

But Crewe seems startled when he hears her say, "You give your love a bouquet".

Then Logan gives Sasha a look when he hears, "And you fall in love with the beautiful girl!"

And even Janeva wonders what her Grandma is thinking when she says, "You feed your baby a bottle."

Evie: "Wouldn't it be easier just to say, "You drink from a bottle Grandma?"

But before Sasha can answer, the task is complete and Shawn learned to talk.
Q466-476.jpg

Then I find Evie upstairs talking with her mom.

Evie: "I've met quite a few kids at school Mom and we have tomorrow off since it's Love Day, do you think I could have a slumber party?"

Jo: "I don't see why not Evie! You've got your grade up to an 'A' already with that report you did on the supermarket and we've been so busy with the twins toddler skills you've been on your own a lot. So, yes, I think you having a slumber party is a great reward for all your hard work and patience!"

Evie: "Thanks Mom! I'll go call everyone right now!
Screenshot-534.jpg

And soon the house is filled with young children all in pajamas, enjoying hot dogs and mac and cheese.

Raven Vidal wore her pj's with the butterflies and Igor Alto sat next to her, enthusiastically talking about how great the hot dogs were!

Evie was sitting at the head of the table debating which would be considered more organic for her to eat!

Hiram and Melody were chatting by the archway and Carl Ichtaca was very helpfully putting his plate in the dishwasher across the room.

Cousin Jessie Prudence had her birthday the day before so she was old enough to attend and wore her yellow pj's.

Two teen boys showed up along with Carl's older sister Palmira to help out as chaperones, I guess!
Screenshot-39.jpg

After dinner, the children played a bit.

Carl or is it Igor, took a turn on the rocking rider! They both had the same pj's so everyone kept getting them confused. (And by everyone, I mean me!)
Screenshot-23.jpg

Melody asked JoAnna to have a water balloon fight, so they did!

But it was still a bit cold so the fight didn't last too long.
Screenshot-28.jpg

And then it was time for bed!

There wasn't enough space for all seven of them to sleep in the same room so everyone just found a spot and crashed!

The kitchen, the foyer, the living room, the front steps, even the bathroom was fair game for a sleeping bag!

Here's a shot of them asleep all over the house.

Evie and Carl chose the kitchen next to the leaky sink! But Sasha repaired the leak and mopped up before their sleeping bags were soaked.

Melody chose the bathroom.

Igor was brave and chose the front steps!

Raven and Hiram are either in the foyer or the living room.

Jessie had been in the living room but when Rae's ghost showed up she woke up and ran into the nursery!
Screenshot-46.jpg

Jessie heads upstairs so I follow to see what's she's doing. Hopefully climbing into a bunk bed to get some sleep.

And I actually think that's what she's going to do, but she surprises me by just making the bed!

Now, I've seen sims do some amazing things at others houses, very inappropriate things, but I don't consider making a bed one of them. But everyone in the family got a 'rude guest' moodlet after she made the bed! Even the toddlers!

I thought it was extremely polite of her considering she was exhausted and woken up by a ghost! Even if it was a ghost related to her.

Dee: "Don't think anything of their moodlet Jessie. I don't think making the bed is rude at all! You keep on being that kind of inappropriate! If that's the worst thing you do, you'll be a model Simcitizen. You can bet your Great-Great-Great Grandpa Jared wouldn't have found you inappropriate at all. He was an expert at it!"

Jessie: "MY Great-Great-Great Grandpa Jared? But he's Evie's relative!"

Dee: "And yours too, my girl! Your mother is your Uncle Crewe's sister and just as much a Frio as he is. And so are you! Hasn't your mother told you about being a Frio?"

Jessie: *whispers in awe* "Once a Frio, Always a Frio! That's what Mom meant! She told me something about family ghosts and being part of a family journey and some having to make sacrifices, but I never really connected it all before now! They are all MY family too, not just Mom's and the Frio's here, but ALL of us!"
*proudly* "And I'm inappropriate just like MY Great-Great-Great Grandpa Jared! It's nothing to be ashamed of at all!"

Dee: "It certainly is not! If Frio's were ashamed of every poor trait they had, they'd never look anyone in the eye! It's a privilege and a responsibility to carry on family traits. If you get a good trait that's wonderful. But those are easy to live with. It's getting a rather poor or even a bad trait that's a challenge, and fulfilling your family duty despite the trait!"
Screenshot-50.jpg

I think Rae realized she'd traumatized poor Jessie, because she left the rocker soon after and Jessie made her way downstairs to it.

I intended to leave her there quietly rocking so she could get some rest, but then she asked me a question.

Jessie: "But what do I do about my nose?"

Dee: "Do about it? What do you mean?"

Jessie: "It's so big and has such a crook in it! I hate it. It makes me feel ugly!"

Dee: "No, don't feel that way Jessie. Your nose is from your Dad, it's what makes you and him a Prudence! It might be a bit bigger than others or have a crook in it, but it's just like inheriting your traits from family members. You wear it with pride and do what you need to do to fulfill your destiny."

Jessie: "My destiny? But we're not heirs or anything."

Dee: "Not officially, but you and Jerry will be carrying on the Frio and Prudence genes here in Paradise. That's a responsibility too. It's your life and your destiny child. If you look at it negatively, then you will have a negative life. And that would be a shame and a waste! And you may grow into your nose as you get older. And I promise, we'll find you a hairstyle that will flatter your features the best. You are your daddy's girl, be proud of it!"
Screenshot-51.jpg

And the party is a huge success!

All the guests had a great time.

Carl still rocking out on the pony!

Raven who looks like she's planning on doing her homework.
Screenshot-55.jpg

Igor and Hiram outside staring at something on the lawn!
Screenshot-57.jpg

Melody, even after sleeping in the bathroom, looks happy and ready to meet the day!
Screenshot-58.jpg

And cousin Jessie who barely got any sleep at all!

Dee: "Are you feeling better Jessie? I didn't mean to lecture you all night!"

Jessie: "I enjoyed our talks. I've got a lot to think about now. I already feel different. Like I really have a purpose here, not just a spare's kid!"

Dee: "Never that! Everyone is important on this journey and you never know what little thing you may do that may be crucial for the family!"

Jessie: *smiling* "Like making a bed at someone's house! I don't know how that could help anyone, but I guess you never know!"

Dee: "That's exactly right Jessie! You never know. Not until you do things and fulfill your destiny!"
Screenshot-54.jpg

Wow, lots of toddler spam and a fantastic slumber party!

Even if Jessie did get lectured a bit.

But I hope I made a little inappropriate girl with a crooked nose feel better!

About herself, about her life, and about her destiny!

What about the destiny of the main Frio line?

Well, Evie and her siblings still have some growing up to do and someone else finds love!

Join us for Chapter 61-- Confessions of Love
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2019, 11:15:05 PM »
Chapter 61-- Confessions of Love

Nathan is so excited about his next date with Clarissa that as soon as she arrives he sweeps her into a passionate kiss murmuring: "Together at last!" between his kisses.

Clarissa is breathless and a bit overwhelmed by his greeting.
Screenshot-527.jpg

Once they part she says: "I take it you've missed me?!"

Nathan: *laughing* "So much more than words could express, hence the exuberant greeting! I was pretty devastated when I showed up to clean the Frio's house and you'd moved out!"

Clarissa: "Oh, Antony, the other Genie the Frio's freed, found a cute place and I had to act quickly. Real estate doesn't last long her in Paradise!"

Nathan: *with a jealous note to his inquiry* "Other Genie? Antony?"

Clarissa: *with a reassuring smile* "Nothing for you to worry about! He's very married and he and his wife are busy with triplets! In fact, I think they may be encouraging my friendship to have another adult around. I live just down the road from them by the shore. Very convenient for them if they need a sitter!"

Nathan: *with a loving look* "You will be much too busy to have time to babysit!"
*thinking* But if I joined her, maybe it would be practice for our own family!*

That thought makes him realize that he's in love with her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her!
Screenshot-529.jpg

They have a wonderful date and Nathan does some serious thinking about where his life is heading.

He contacts the Frio's, his favorite clients, and explains his predicament.

Not one to get in the way of love, the Frios gladly welcome him into their home!

Introducing Nathan Rocha---young adult human!
LTW: Super Popular
Career: Former maid
Traits: Flirty, Brave, Avant-Garde, Charismatic, and Neat
Skills: None
RI/GF: Clarissa Cornwell

Dee: "Wow, you clean up real nice Nathan and you have some great traits! You would have made an awesome spare spouse!"

Nathan: "Thanks, I appreciate the compliment, and if I wasn't head over heels for Clarissa, I might have taken you up on that offer! I think Janeva is going to be a beauty and her pink wings are so beautiful! But I'm a bit too old for her and I have a thing for blue skin and red hair!"

Dee: *laughing* "Guys do seem to go for those pink wings, but I think little Carly's going to be a beauty too with her blonde looks and green wings! Crewe and I are already thinking about the heir issue! But too soon to worry about that!

Nathan: "Yes, I have more pressing thought on my mind right now. I'm no longer a maid so I need a job. I can't ask Clarissa to marry an unemployed former maid!"

Dee: "Well, you're flirty, charismatic, and brave, all pointing to politics in my book! And with Hank already employed in the field, he may be able to pull some stings for you!"

Nathan: "That sounds great! Never underestimate connections!"

Dee: "Spoken like a true politician!"
Screenshot-512.jpg

And while I was busy with Nathan, JoAnna continues the toddler skilling.

First, to finish up potty training for Carly.

JoAnna: "Good job, sweetie. Now you can use the potty all by yourself!"
Screenshot-506.jpg

And getting her started on her walking skill.

With the walker, just like Shawn, she's zooming around in no time!
Q507-509.jpg

And Sasha takes a turn at potty training with Shawn.

Sasha: "There's Grandma's big boy. Once we finish this, we'll be able to take you and your sister out and about town!
Screenshot-483.jpg

And the twins work on their music and peg box skills.

Shawn takes a turn at the xylophone while Carly tries her hand at logic with the peg box.

Carly: *getting angry* "Go in that hole! Wight now!"

Shawn: "It has to be the wight one. The smooth one goes in the circle."

Carly: "What's a circle?"

Shawn: *frowning* "The one that has no edges."

Carly: *amazed* "It went in! Tanks Shawn. I like your song. You're getting very good."

Shawn: "It does sound better. But you play the best!"

And they continue to play and learn, encouraging each other as only twins can.
Screenshot-517.jpg

And Grandpa Logan is encouraging their big sister outside.

Logan: "You can try your hand with potions at the logic station Evie. Just remember no matches or sparks over there! That's too dangerous with all the chemicals! And even being careful, you'll probably get singed a time or two. Just take a shower when that happens. And don't feel bad, it's happened to all of us one time or another!"

Evie: "Even you Grandpa? But you know all the potions and have mastered logic!"

Logan: "Even me Evie, it just takes one wrong chemical and poof---singed! That's why it's important to pay close attention and not get distracted by other things."

Evie: "I'll remember Grandpa. But it may be safer to stick with painting or chess for now!"
Screenshot-519.jpg

And that's exactly what she does!

Works on her painting while being closely watched by the local paparazzi, who are never far away from the well known Frio family.

Evie: "Daddy makes this look so easy! But it really takes work to get things to look nice and not like colorful blobs!" *glancing at Grandma Sasha's monster painting* "I may be even more like Grandma than I thought!"
Screenshot-496.jpg

Nathan calls Clarissa as soon as he wakes up the next morning and when she arrives gives her an amazing massage!

Then they make plans to meet up at the festival later that afternoon.
Screenshot-65.jpg

The Frio family, hearing of Nathan's festival plans decide that that's a great idea so they pack up the cars and head off to the park.

Crewe stays behind with a sleeping Carly, promising to join them when she wakes up.

Janeva plays peek-a-boo on the grass with Shawn while Joanna grabs a snack from the food cart.

Sasha heads off to search for eggs and Logan dances nearby.
Screenshot-71.jpg

But the amazing dancer and King of the Spring Festival turns about to be Nathan!

While he was waiting for Clarissa, he was shaking his booty to the spring dance beat that would have given party animal Jared a run for his money!
Screenshot.jpg

Clarissa watches from the edge of the park and she smiles at how cute Nathan is!

She is quite impressed with his rhythm and moves and realizes she loves everything about him!
Screenshot-2.jpg

They embrace and can't get the words out fast enough!

Clarissa and Nathan: "I love you!"

Clarissa: "So you'll move in with me?"

Nathan: "It's my fondest wish, my love!"

The Frio family is happy for the both of them and knows they will keep in touch.

After all, they live in the Islands, and they're not that big!

They wish them both much love and happiness and are proud that they were able to help these to get together.
Screenshot-530.jpg

With everyone feeling so romantic, Sasha and Logan try their hand at the love inspector!

They smile as it says: HOT STUFF!! Double Hotness! Love inspector basks in your loving glow!

Logan: "YES!! We've still got it my love!"

Sasha: "I never doubted that for a moment. You'll always be the love of my life, Logan Frio!"
Screenshot-76.jpg

Crewe arrives with Carly and he places her on the grass with Shawn and goes to dance with Jo.

Crewe: "This is fun! The crowds thinned out and it's still a beautiful day!"

Jo: "It's so nice to have all of us here! We'll have to plan an outing when the twins get older too. I really wanted a family picture but the booth is broken."
Screenshot-77.jpg

And Evie meets up with one of her school mates.

They chat happily about all the fun stuff to do at the festival.

But aren't sure what to do together.

Evie: "I've already had a freezer bunny pop."

Igor: "And I've already looked for eggs, but I only found a few."

Evie: "I think my Grandma found a basketful of them!"
Screenshot-80.jpg

Since it's late in the day, they settle on playing horseshoes together, before they lose the light.

Igor: "You go first Evie."

Evie: *smiling at him* "Thanks Igor. That's very nice of you."

Igor: *his face turning red* "Um, we better hurry before it gets too dark."
Screenshot-82.jpg

After their outing at the park, JoAnna and Crewe decide it's time for the twins to try out the fairy house and learn some of their fairy skills.

Carly waits for her twin and JoAnna gives him a hug and says, "Off you go young man, give your fairy powers a try!"

And they both spin into little sparks and head for the fairy house.

JoAnna can hear them laughing and talking in their high-pitched voices and she smiles.

She never dreamed that a child of hers would have fairy wings but she surprised them all by producing three fairy children.

Three beautiful fairy children, she thinks. With pretty good traits too!

She is filled with love and pride for all of her children and whispers: "I love you all so much!"
Screenshot-91.jpg

Logan and Crewe bring the twins back down to their nursery the next day and with the light catching all of their wings, I realize that Logan, Crewe, and Shawn have identically shaped pink wings!

Carly's are green of course, and their shape is totally different, something unique for her.
Screenshot-130.jpg

When Janeva joins Carly at the blocks table later, I think hers might be the same as the males as well!

Mémé's wing shape and color is still going strong in the Frio family!

Evie: "This is a blue block Carly. Blue."

Carly: "This one tastes good!"

Evie: *laughing* "Blocks are not for eating Carly!"

But as she looks at all the teeth marks on the blocks, she realizes that lots of Frio toddlers must have agreed with Carly!

Logan smiles as his granddaughters have a conversation that has probably been repeated for years around this blocks table!
Screenshot-133.jpg

And Sasha and JoAnna take the twins to the library for toddler skill book time!

They look so cute together!
Screenshot-161.jpg

Then Evie invites Jessie over for a sleep over.

But her parents only let her come on the condition that she finish her homework first.

So Grandpa Logan gives her a hand so she can finish it quickly!
Screenshot-150.jpg

Then Jessie plays on the rocking rider!
Screenshot-145.jpg

And at bedtime, Crewe reads them a story.

Crewe: "Once upon a time there was a beautiful island that was the home of two princesses. Cousins. One was very beautiful with pink fairy wings but the other didn't think she was beautiful at all. But she was wrong! She had a beautiful spirit and a smile that made her loved by all who knew her."

Jessie: *laughing* "You mean me Uncle Crewe! I'm the princess that didn't think she was beautiful!"

Crewe: *smiling* "Who's telling this story?!"

Jessie: *primly* "Please continue."

And they have a wonderful time learning about the princess cousins who worked together and saved the island from disaster!

And just before the girls drift off to sleep, Jessie says, "I love you Evie, and you too Uncle Crewe!"

Crewe and Evie whisper: "We love you too Jessie."
Screenshot-174.jpg

So ends Spring with confessions of love from everyone.

Familial love and romantic love.

Some loves just beginning and others lasting through a life time.

But more birthdays are ahead for the Frios!

Check them out in Chapter 62-- Birthdays and a non-birthday!
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »
Chapter 62--  Birthdays and a non-birthday!

An important event has arrived! Janeva is having her teen birthday!

She stands pretty solemnly at her cake.
Screenshot-202.jpg

And the kitchen is full of male Sims! With more of them crowded into the foyer.

Luckily, most of them are related to Janeva, but I see two teen boys I recognize that are not!

Igor Alto in the wetsuit and Carl Ichtaca trying to make his way through the crowd!

This isn't going to make Crewe comfortable at all.

If Evie having boys as friends was a problem in elementary school, high school could be a big problem!
Screenshot-204.jpg

Or maybe not! What happened to your hair Evie?!

By the looks on Igor's, Hank's and Logan's faces, it can't be good!

I whisk her away for a makeover before the birthday sparkles disappear!
Screenshot-212.jpg

And we choose this cute hairstyle with some light make-up and a fun summer outfit with a turquoise bow!

Dee: "There that's much better Evie! I think that was worse than your Grandma Sasha's teen hair!"

Evie: "Igor and the others looked terrified! Please burn those pictures! How can I Schmooze people if those stay in existence?!"

Dee: "I promise, they will never see the light of day!"
Screenshot-219.jpg

JoAnna gives Evie a birthday present but Carl is acting very much like Jared used to at birthdays!

I wonder if that's a mean-spirited or inappropriate action? Hopefully it won't affect their friendship!

But then Nathan offers birthday congratulations and adds an announcement of his own.

He and Clarissa got married!

Jo hopes that they have many years of wedded bliss ahead of them!
Screenshot-225.jpg

But outside on their own, Carl congratulates Evie on her birthday and they seem just as good of friends as they had been as children.

Carl: "It was a great party Evie. Thanks for inviting me."

Evie: "I'm glad you could help me celebrate Carl. You were one of my first friends here in Paradise! Where did Igor run off to? I was hoping he'd stick around and the three of us could hang out."

Carl: "Oh, he had to go to work. Part-time job in the family business. He asked me to tell you and said maybe we could get together on the weekend."
Screenshot-230.jpg

And Sasha goes over to visit the Seaworth's.

Shonda's a beautiful fairy/mermaid hybrid with dark blue wings like Brannon's in Twinbrook, and she has pink scales on her legs!

Not the blue we were expecting from her father.
Screenshot-247.jpg

With Polly's extended lifespan being passed on to Shonda, she's still a toddler, so Sasha wants to help them out by teaching her some toddler skills.

But the TV is on the fritz so Sasha works on it while Shonda uses the walker.

Salty is grooving to tunes on the radio and Polly just came inside from a nap in the fairy house.

Polly: "Thanks for working on the TV Mom! Oh, and you brought a walker for Shonda. You're the best Mom!"
Screenshot-251.jpg

Logan visits later on and is determined to teach one of his grandchildren to talk!

And he finally gets a responsive pupil!

Logan: "Camera. You take pretty pictures with a camera."

Shonda: "camra."

Logan: *all excited* "Yes, that's exactly right! Did you hear that everyone? She said camera!"
Screenshot-254.jpg

Flushed with success, Logan tries again.

Logan: "Party. You will have a birthday party soon!"

Shonda: "Pawty."

Logan: "You got it right again! Either you're very precocious or I'm actually getting the hang of this!"
Screenshot-256.jpg

Then Grandma Sasha brings Shonda to her cake.

They blow out the candles, but nothing happens!

Nothing at all!

Logan: "I guess it's Polly's longevity wish from Antony. It's keeping Shonda at each life stage longer too. And being a new fairy/mermaid hybrid, we'd better not mess with it. We're just going to have to let her age up naturally, on her own."
Screenshot-261.jpg

With Shonda's birthday delayed, Sasha decides that she'll resume teaching her to talk.

Sasha: "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Shonda: "Lubbed."

Sasha: "Yes. And Grandma loves you too sweetie."
Screenshot-264.jpg

Sasha: "Stars are all around us in the sky."

Shonda: "Stars."

Sasha: "There's nothing wrong with your hearing or speech anyway. I guess you'll just get to have a really long life little one and see the stars for a very long time!"
Screenshot-267.jpg

And back at home the twins play at their block table together for the last time as toddlers.

Shawn: "It's our brfday Carly! We get to eat cake soon!"

Carly: "Does cake taste better than blocks?"

Shawn: *shocked* "I don't know! I never ate a block…or cake!"
Screenshot-239.jpg

But they'll both find out soon enough!

Crewe brings Carly to the cake amidst the usual cheering and noise makers.
Screenshot-272.jpg

Then he carefully sets her on the floor and disappears!

Dee: "Is he okay Jo?"

Jo: "Yeah, he's just anxious about her growing up, I think."
Screenshot-275.jpg

And with a twirl and sparkles, Carly become a child and gains the Brave trait.

I wonder how that will work with neurotic?

Carly and Evie seem super excited but I think a make-over is a must!

Jo: "I agree! Those clothes are just not acceptable!"
Screenshot-279.jpg

Sasha brings Shawn to his cake and Crewe has rejoined the party!

And Logan made it back from the hospital for this one.

The kitchen is filled with noise makers and cheering!
Screenshot-287.jpg

And then it's Shawn's turn.

He twirls and the sparkles begin.
Screenshot-298.jpg

Shawn adds Light Sleeper to his artistic genius self.

But it looks like two make-overs!

His hair is fine, but the clothes are only marginally better than Carly's.

Jo: "No, not acceptable either! I 'm not a diva or a snob but we do have a reputation to uphold and those clothes just won't do!"
Screenshot-300.jpg

Carly decides she wants a different hairstyle as well as new clothes and chooses this one for everyday.

Her favorite color is orange and it looks great with her mostly white summer outfit!
Screenshot-339.jpg

Shawn is not only artistic like his father, but apparently inherited his far-sightedness as well.

He picks these glasses out to express his style in his favorite color gray.

Shawn: "That's much better! I can see everything so much clearer now! This will make painting a lot easier."

Dee: "I hate to cover up your dark blue eyes, but they do look nice. You look like quite the little scholar!"
Screenshot-349.jpg

And as I was over at the school for Carly's after-school op, I noticed two other family members that had birthdays!

Jerry Prudence is now attending school.

It looks like both of Sam's kids inherited the Frio red hair even if she didn't!

He got Great Grandpa Sam's coward trait so I don't know how he'll take visiting the twins with all the family ghosts around!
Screenshot-322.jpg

And with Jerry being a child, it's not long before Jessie shows up as a teen!

As promised, I give her a make-over as well, starting with a flattering hairstyle.

Dee: "There is no denying you are your father's daughter! But I think this look suits you."

Jessie: "It's not bad. Makes me look sorta pretty even! And I'm learning to live with the nose. I still don't love it. But like you said, it definitely shows I'm a Prudence and I'm trying to be proud of it!"

And then she adds: "And I have a boyfriend now so the nose can't be all that bad!"

Dee: "And I'm sure your nose has nothing to do with it. You're a great girl Jessie, so friendly and eager to meet new people."
Screenshot-329.jpg

And then she picks a cute summer outfit that will help her stay cool in the Paradise heat.

As a slob she could care less about her clothes but she doesn't want to get heat stroke!

Dee: "See you around Jessie! Let me know if you need anything!"

Jessie: "I will. I plan on visiting Evie soon now that we are both teens. Maybe we'll even throw a wild party and invite boys!"

Dee: *thinking* I forgot about Inappropriate! I wonder if she got Jared's Party Animal too? Crewe will have a breakdown! Hopefully she was just kidding!*
Screenshot-336.jpg

So the Frio family is growing up!

Shonda's still a toddler due to her longer life span, Jerry and the twins are now children, and Evie and Jessie are now teens!

Logan and Sasha were hoping for 10 grandchildren but they may only get the six.

We've not gotten any announcements for expectant nooboos for Sam, Polly, or Natasha.

But we did hear that Clarissa and Nathan are expecting! They just got married but wanted to have a family right away.

So more genie/human nooboos are on the way!

But there are still several more weeks to go in Paradise so there could still be some surprises in the future.

Join us for the next Chapter---coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »
Chapter 63--Children and Teens of Paradise

But the Frios aren't the only ones growing up!

The Negrete triplets have started school as well.

Here's Nancy heading home as Carly heads inside for her ballet class and Sasha heads in for game practice.
Screenshot-316.jpg

Stanley.
Screenshot-326.jpg

And Deirdre.
Screenshot-125.jpg

Other children of interest are local girl Jenni Kahale, who looks like she has a touch of red in her hair!
Screenshot-120.jpg

And Anwar Greenwood, a local boy who's parent's are original residents!

Not sure about his pink cowboy boots---but everyone has there own taste!
Screenshot-319.jpg

And this teen, Dawn Torres, has amazing turquoise hair!

Too bad she's too old for Shawn!
Screenshot-77.jpg

But who's this with young Carly?

Dawn's younger brother, Desmond, with that same amazing turquoise hair!

But where did it come from?

After some research in the Isla Paradiso family archives, I find out that tall, dark, and handsome, Matteo Torres, was orphaned as a young child when both his parents drowned in a boating accident. Not wanting to leave their son totally alone, they both exist as ghosts near their graves at the family home. As ghosts, they both have blue skin, eyes, and hair! Turquoise hair!

Matteo married beautiful blonde Karlie Goldberg, another original resident of Isla Paradiso and they have two children together: Dawn and Desmond, who both inherited their grandparents hair color!
Screenshot-122.jpg

And later that week, I see these three strolling out of the stadium.

Sasha treated both Janeva and Carly to one of her play-off games, and they all head home together.

I think she was trying to instill an interest in sports in the girls, but Evie just looks eager to get home and Carly's thoughts seem to be dwelling on something else totally. I wonder who she met at the game?
Screenshot-337.jpg

And starting school means homework of course, but it makes it more fun when you can do it as a group.

Shawn is putting his Genius skills to use as he helps out Carly and a classmate with homework so they can finish quickly and he get can to his real passion, painting!

And JoAnna tries to persuade Janeva to learn how to drive, but with no success. Our Eco-friendly Evie refuses to add to the world-wide pollution problem, especially in beautiful Isla Paradiso!

Evie: "Mom, I know how much you and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa want me to learn how to drive but I can't in good conscience do that to the environment. Now I will carpool when there's a big group, but otherwise, I have a bike and that makes me feel like I'm doing something, however small, to contribute to keeping our environment clean."

Jo: "Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed in teaching you something that's become a right of passage but I do admire your stand and sticking to your convictions! You know what you will and won't do and you're not letting anyone change your mind when it's something you feel strongly about. But that doesn't mean I won't keep asking either! I think you get your stubborn, erm, passionate streak from me, Evie dear!"
Screenshot-352.jpg

And Sasha spends time with her other grandchildren as well.

She's visiting at Sam's house with Jessie and Jerry.
Screenshot-9.jpg

And chats with Jerry about school and gets to know him better, quickly becoming friends.
Screenshot-22.jpg

Sasha even tutors him a bit to help him get his grades up at school.
Screenshot-30.jpg

Sasha even takes matters into her own hands by bringing Shonda to another birthday cake.

Polly *a little nervously*: "Are you sure Mom? It didn't work last time!"

Sasha: "Doctors, even your father, don't always know best! I don't think it will hurt her even if it doesn't work."
Screenshot-38.jpg

And with Polly and Salty blowing noisemakers, little Shonda stands, sparkles and…
Screenshot-46.jpg

Becomes a child!

Polly: "Thank the Watchers! I was beginning to think she was going to be a toddler forever!"
Screenshot-48.jpg

We pick this for her everyday outfit to go with her beautiful purple scales!
Screenshot-52.jpg

And Sasha decides to get some new clothes as well.

She picks this for her everyday outfit.
Screenshot-53.jpg

And promptly goes swimming in it!

Shonda can't resist the water either, and joins her Grandmother for a swim.

Shonda: "I was hoping I'd have my mermaid tail by now, but swimming in the ocean is still fun!"

Sasha: "Maybe you'll get your tail when you become a teen sweetie. But no matter when it happens, it will be beautiful! You swim like a fish already, so a mermaid tale will just be the icing on the cake! I, on the other hand, get tired quickly and need a floaty!"
Screenshot-66.jpg

And before we know it, it's time for Janeva's prom.

She picks this cute dress in her favorite color.
Screenshot-69.jpg

And Carl shows up with a limo, seriously handsome in his tux!

He chats with Sasha while Evie decides on taking the limo.
Screenshot-71.jpg

Evie can't go against her own convictions, even to attend prom, so she heads out on her bike!
Screenshot-74.jpg

She gets to the school a bit winded, but eager to see Carl and all her friends!

She has a great time with Carl and gets voted prom Queen!

But the highlight of the evening is Carl asking her to go steady!

Best Prom Ever!
Screenshot-75.jpg

Later that week, Crewe gets a call from his friend Nathan Rocha and heads over for a visit.
Screenshot-88.jpg

Nathan invites him in and proudly shares the news that he is a father!

Welcome to little Willard Rocha!
Screenshot-107.jpg

And while Crewe is welcoming the newest addition to Paradise, Grandpa Logan reads Carly a bedtime story.

Logan: "And the beautiful fairy princess was loved by all as she was not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well, with a heart that was loving and generous, but most of all, kind. The end."

Carly *in a sleepy little voice* "I hope I'm that kind of beautiful grandpa."

Logan *kissing her goodnight* "Inside and out my sweet, and brave besides!"
Screenshot-153.jpg

Time is sure flying by in Paradise with Janeva a teen, attending prom, and having a boyfriend, Carl Ichtaca.

And the twins, Shawn and Carly, have started school and are making friends.

Let's see who becomes special to each one in the coming weeks.

And a rumor is floating around town that the Frio's may be gaining another addition to their clan.

Is it true? Is someone expecting?

Find out in Chapter 64-- Making friends and growing up
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »
Chapter 64-- Making friends and growing up

No childhood is complete without a slumber party!

And the Frio twins are just as excited about their party as any other kids.

Here are the first arrivals. The blue boy is Stanley Negrete, of course, and I think the other boy is German Collins.
Screenshot-140.jpg

Sporting pj's, cousin Shonda, Jenni Kahale, and another girl from Carly's class all enjoy hotdogs and make plans for the night.

Shawn's finished and can't wait to play games with Stanley and German and all the other kids that are attending.
Screenshot-143.jpg

But kids are all very studious here in IP so homework is done first!
Screenshot-145.jpg

Shawn chats with German about the Discovery show he just watched, as JoAnna and Nancy listen in. Shawn's hoping to catch a glimpse of the event in the telescope.
Screenshot-147.jpg

But soon it's time for bed, and since it's a wonderful warm starry night, the kid's all head outside with their sleeping bags.

What a crowd and all sleeping at once for a change! With no ghosts showing up to make the kids uncomfortable.
Screenshot-152.jpg

Early risers, Shawn and German quietly play catch while the others snooze away.
Screenshot-155.jpg

And Carly gets invited over to Desmond's house after school one day.

Carly: "Thanks for inviting me over Des. Is there anything special you wanted to do?"
Screenshot-162.jpg

Desmond doesn't hesitate as he whacks her with a pillow!

Carly  smacks him right back and yells, "game on!"

Looks like these two will be fast friends in no time.
Screenshot-165.jpg

Meanwhile, Evie and Carl enjoy a romantic date in the hot tub!

Carl: "You sure your parents won't mind? Um, your dad especially? He doesn't seem to like me much."

Evie *snuggling closer* "Oh, they'll mind! But they'll just have to get used to the idea that I'm growing up. We graduate soon Carl. You first and me a few days later. And then we'll be young adults, getting serious about our jobs and all."

Carl: "And all? I hope that includes us Evie. I can't see my future without you in it!"

Evie: "About that. I know you've always wanted to be a lifeguard Carl…but I'm not sure the next town will even have a beach!"

Carl: "That will take care of itself. As long as we're together Evie, I can find a job."

Evie: "But I want you to be happy and reach your goals too Carl."

Carl: "It's you that makes me happy Evie. And I'll have my inheritance and we can build a beach if we need to! Now let's just enjoy this time together."
Screenshot-171.jpg

And they do. Looks like some private time is needed here!
Screenshot-172.jpg

Being so caught up with the younger generations, I was surprised by JoAnna's adult birthday!

Amidst clapping, cheers, and noisemakers, she becomes and adult with a smile on her face.
Screenshot-180.jpg

But the smile quickly fades and turns to a frown.

Even though she doesn't look a day older, she decides to have a mid-life crisis!

Crewe looks as shocked as I am. But I think for different reasons.

I just can't believe we keep having mid-life crises and I think he's more concerned with the fact that even with her longer life Genie wish, Jo will age much faster than he does. It's a sobering thought. And I'm sure he's thinking about how Mémé lost dear Grandpa Adam.
Screenshot-182.jpg

But Jo's birthday is followed by two more!

First Carly steps up to her cake and pauses a moment to make a wish while her family cheers her on.
Screenshot-8.jpg

She becomes a teen and adds Dramatic to her traits. A Brave, Neurotic, Dramatic, Virtuoso.
Screenshot-16.jpg

And Shawn goes next with more noisemakers and cheering from his family.
Screenshot-26.jpg

With his teen birthday he adds Angler to his Artistic, Genius, Light Sleeper traits.
Screenshot-31.jpg

And as with their childhood birthdays, makeovers are a must for both of them!

Carly pics this hairstyle and everyday outfit and looks more beautiful than ever!
Screenshot-44.jpg

While Shawn goes for a more traditional short hair cut and clothes.
Screenshot-39.jpg

Then they both head out to see if a merperson is in either of their futures!

Of course they can only snorkel for now, but you have to start somewhere.
Screenshot-55.jpg

And another unexpected adult birthday when I was focusing on the kids.

Logan becomes an adult in the garden!
Screenshot-62.jpg

And even with his super long fairy lifespan, another mid-life crises!

Two at the same time now.

Hopefully it will only mean some extra mirror time checking out wrinkles!
Screenshot-68.jpg

But along with becoming an adult, Logan gets some unexpected but thrilling news!

Polly and Salty have a son, Russell! He's an excitable, loner and a merman like his dad!
Screenshot-76.jpg

Shawn has really taken to the water and can now scuba dive.

He's caught quite a few fish but still hasn't met a mermaid.
Screenshot-71.jpg

Crewe finally finished the beautiful winter painting that was glitched the first time he tried it.

We're going with painters' block but I'm glad he broke through it and tried again as it's my favorite painting.
Screenshot-87.jpg

But Carly hasn't been snorkeling, scuba diving or painting.

She's found something else to occupy her free time.

Or I should say, someone else!

Desmond's become a teen too and Carly is memorized by him and his turquoise hair!

I'm not sure if Desmond's stare is due to the story Carly's telling him or just the fact that Carly's telling it in her bikini!
Screenshot-98.jpg

With the twins teens now, Janeva will be having her young adult birthday soon.

The days are winding down here in Paradise.

Will Shawn find a mermaid? Decide to choose another love? Will Carly and Desmond fall in love?

Will Logan and Sasha get the 10 grandchildren they've wanted forever? Russell made number 7, but there's rumors of new additions!

Find out in upcoming chapters.
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2019, 01:55:46 PM »
Chapter 65-- Romance in Paradise

Back at the house, I find JoAnna drinking a potion!

Dee: "What was that?!"

Jo: "Nothing for you to worry about! Sasha bought a wish enhancing serum at the consignment store and I'm so close to reaching my LTW of having a 5 Star Blog that I just drank it!"

Dee: "Oh, that's okay then---I thought maybe you'd found another young again potion---Janeva is almost a YA and we can't have you just a few days older than your daughter!"

Jo: "And I wouldn't want to be young again either! I've earned my adult status and am enjoying having the kids old enough to take care of themselves. I wouldn't mind a few less wrinkles though…"

Dee: *shaking her head* "Jo, you don't have ANY wrinkles----how many more days of this anyway?"

Jo: "A few…and Logan has a LOT more days! We were comparing our wrinkles yesterday!"
Screenshot-93.jpg

And Carly starts getting serious with Desmond!

Carly: "So how do you feel about marriage Des?"

I'm thinking this boy is going to run like the wind with such a direct question, but I would be wrong!
Screenshot-104.jpg

Desmond doesn't say a word just pulls her in for a romantic hug!
Screenshot-106.jpg

And then their first kiss!
Screenshot-107.jpg

I don't think JoAnna and Crewe would be enjoying their kiss so much if they knew what was going on across town!

Crewe would probably have a panic attack!
Screenshot-109.jpg

Lost in their new found love, Carly and Desmond decide to take in a movie.

But who's that teen reading a book?

It's Jerry Prudence, and we definitely need do something about his hair!
Screenshot-114.jpg

I think he looks pretty good with this hairstyle and the black tee sets off his red hair!

I think he got his genes from the Frio side rather than the Prudence.
Screenshot-116.jpg

Later that evening, Evie and Carl take advantage of their still teen status to go on one last date.

They watch the stars from a sidewalk in town.

But I don't think they have stars on their minds as Carl whispers softly in her ear.
Screenshot-85.jpg

Meanwhile Logan and Sasha head over to Polly's to spend some time with their newest grandchild.

Sasha is greeted by Shonda who invites them inside in a hushed whisper.

Shonda *quietly* "Come in and see my baby brother Grandma and Grandpa!"
Screenshot-127.jpg

Sasha gets settled in the rocker, while Salty gets Russell all set for some Grandma time.

If Shonda will give up her big sister time!

Shonda: "Where's the baby?! There he is!"

Salty: "You can play peek-a-boo with Russell while Grandma's rocking him sweetie. Daddy needs a nap!"
Screenshot-131.jpg

And as Salty heads off to bed, he tells them that Polly will be home soon and has a big surprise for them.

And boy are they surprised when Polly gets home!

Logan: "Polly, another sweet arrival?"

Polly *tiredly* "Yes, dad, Salty and I decided one more would round out our family but we were a bit shocked when it happened so fast! With his longer lifespan, Russell will still be a nooboo when this one arrives!"

Logan: "Well, why don't you go join Salty for a nap and we'll take care of the kids."

Polly: "Thanks Dad! I'm not even going to argue or pretend I'm not tired!"
Screenshot-133.jpg

But before Polly can head off to bed, Shonda has a request.

Shonda: "Mom, I heard you talking about how hard it will be having the new baby with Russell being a baby too and I had a thought! Let's see if I can age up to teen with a cake! I'm supposed to be one anyway and as a teen, I could help out with the little ones a lot more than I can as a kid."

Polly and Logan aren't sure it's a good idea but Sasha is all for it. She can see Polly and Salty are exhausted and could use all the help they can get. And Shonda needs to get back on track with her aging.

So an impromptu birthday for Shonda is settled!

She stands by her cake, takes a deep breath, and makes a wish as they all cheer.
Screenshot-141.jpg

And becomes a teenager!
Screenshot-147.jpg

She didn't grow up with awful hair or clothes but decides on a makeover anyway.

Something more in keeping with her style and personality and the return of her pink scales.

So she chooses this hair and everyday outfit.
Screenshot-157.jpg

And with another baby arriving soon, Sasha says they should see if Russell can be aged up to toddler instead of waiting.

Even though he's tired, Salty does the honors and brings Russell to his cake as Polly and Shonda cheer.
Screenshot-162.jpg

And it works this time!

Here's cute little Russell as a toddler.
Screenshot-169.jpg

And in the nick of time too because just as his sparkles fade, Polly goes into labor!

With Logan, Shonda, Salty, and Sasha all panicking, of course.

Everyone but Russell and Polly!
Screenshot-179.jpg

And when it's all over, grandchild number 8 arrives!

A healthy, happy fairy/mermaid who is a brave virtuoso!

Welcome to Dina Seaworth! She's got her daddy's light skin and we all know what the light pink sparkles mean, fairy nooboo!
Screenshot-199.jpg

And here's some toddler spam of older brother Russell who's birthday got overshadowed by Dina's arrival!

He's got the Frio red hair and skin tone and is cute as a button!

We picked this hair and formal outfit.
Screenshot-191.jpg

And his pj's show of his little legs and his orange/red/yellow scales!
Screenshot-192.jpg

And with the new parents getting some much needed rest, Grandpa Logan plays with Russel.

Logan: "That's it little man, one two, one two---you've got it!"
Screenshot-195.jpg

But seeing the little eyes getting sleepy, Logan stops their lesson, picks Russell up and heads off to the second bedroom.

Logan: "Time for sleepy bye little man. You've had a big night."
Screenshot-196.jpg

Grandma Sasha gets Russell settled in his crib while Polly tucks Dina in hers.

Sasha's thinking about Dina sharing this room with Russell and Shonda and feels it's a bit cramped.

It would be okay for the younger two, but a teenage girl really needs some space of her own.

Maybe a surprise addition would be the perfect birthday gift? A teen loft perhaps?
Screenshot-203.jpg

But talk about surprise gifts---a call from a proud as punch Hank has Logan and Sasha hurrying off to the Formaggio house.
Screenshot-206.jpg

And upstairs lying quietly in her crib is grandchild number 9, Angelina Formaggio.

A Good fairy, who Loves the outdoors!

Check out her pink sparkles!

Mémé's pink wings are still going strong, being passed on from Polly and Natasha to both their daughters, Dina and Angelina!
Screenshot-208.jpg

Well, the Frio's added two new granddaughters this time around!

Romance is still flourishing for so many couples!

Polly and Salty, Hank and Natasha, and Crewe and JoAnna ---all showing that their love is going strong.

And not to be outdone, the younger generation is showing their romantic spirit as well.

Janeva and Carl getting closer to young adulthood and planning their future together.

And our newest couple, Carly and Desmond, with the flutter of young loves new wings.

But what of Shawn and his search for a mermaid? Or some other love in town?

And with Angelina making grandchild number 9, Logan and Sasha are now only one child away from the big wish!

Join us for the continued story, coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2019, 09:21:25 PM »
Chapter 66-- Paradise choices

Carly's invited Desmond over and they chat a bit before a very special event.
Screenshot-215.jpg

It's Janeva's YA birthday today!

She stands thoughtfully before her cake, realizing that once she blows the candles out her teen years are over.

But Carl's already aged up to YA and their time apart has left them both more convinced than ever that they need to be together.
Screenshot-221.jpg

Jo's super excited and Crewe's even clapping and cheering.

Carl looks pretty happy too!

And Tasha looks great for a new Mom, not exhausted yet, but it's only been a few days.

Carly looks on seriously, with not even the glimmer of a smile on her face.

Dee: "Hey Carly, what wrong?"

Carly: "Just thinking how fast time's passing---soon it will be me and Crewe at our cakes, picking an heir couple, and then time to move on!"

Dee: "Yes, but then the fun begins! A new town, a new home, and a new generation of Frios!"

Carly *thoughtfully* "So not an ending really, but a new beginning. Lots of new beginnings! Oh, I like looking at it that way---let's get back to Janeva and her cake and get this party started!"

And that's just what we do!

After a quick twirl and sparkles, our oldest of this gen becomes a very proud young adult with a big smile!

The hair's not bad but the clothes must go!
Screenshot-235.jpg

Evie chooses this for her everyday outfit in her favorite color turquoise.

Introducing Janeva Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: International Super Spy
Traits: Good, Insane, Eco-friendly, Schmoozer, and Irresistible (perfect for a super spy!)
Favorites: Disco, Cookies, and Turquoise
Screenshot-237.jpg

And a cute swimsuit in turquoise and white, showing off her beautiful skin tone and cute figure!
Screenshot-241.jpg

But for the rest of her party she picks a semi-formal outfit and asks Carl what he thinks.

His response shows his complete approval!
Screenshot-252.jpg

Early the next morning, Janeva goes on-line and joins the local law enforcement team.

Evie: "I know it's at the bottom, but you have to start somewhere and on the bright side, there's nowhere to go but up!"
Screenshot-258.jpg

And graduation day arrives with the Frio clan all dressed up in their Sunday Best!

JoAnna and Crewe head up the group as the graduates' parents.

Logan and Shawn are next up the steps with a proud Evie in her graduation gown and cap.

Last but not least, Carly and Sasha follow the family to the ceremony.
Screenshot-266.jpg

Evie is voted Most Likely to Offend Others which I immediately took offense to, but she's class Valedictorian, so that takes some of the sting out of it.

She throws her cap up in the air in her enthusiasm, but JoAnna looks less than enthused.

Dee: "Why the sad face Jo? Today's a proud moment. You and Crewe raised a wonderful daughter!"

Jo: "Oh, I am proud of her, so proud. But a little concerned too. Our baby girl is all grown up and she's chosen to put her life on the line every day!"

Dee: "She's smart Jo, she'll keep herself out of harm's way. And besides with her Schmoozer and Irresistible traits along with being Insane, criminals don't stand a chance!"

Jo: *brightening* "Oh, when you put it that way, it does make me feel better."
Screenshot-273.jpg

After graduation, Evie chats with Carl, who's all dressed for his job at the military base.

Evie: "But Carl, I thought you wanted to be a lifeguard?"

Carl: "Oh, I still do, but just in case that doesn't pan out, I want to get some experience in other fields. And my lifeguard wish stems from my Brave trait and wanting to save lives. Being in the military, I can do that too."

Evie: "But drowning sims aren't shooting at you, Carl! The military is dangerous, you're putting your life on the line every day!"

Carl: "Just like you my dear Evie."

Evie *startled* "Yeah, I guess I know what Mom and Dad are feeling now with my career choice-- just want to keep me safe as I want to keep you safe! But we have to follow our hearts and live up to our convictions. I've done that since I was a young girl and I can't expect any less of you Carl. We'll just have to follow our instincts and do our best to stay safe."

Carl: "That's my girl---and as long as we're together, we'll be there to support each other and make the right choices!"

Evie: "Does that mean you'll move in with us and move on to the next town?!"

Carl: "I thought you'd never ask! Of course, my love."
Screenshot-283.jpg

While Carl and Evie are making big choices for their future, Carly finds Desmond and chats with him.

Carly: "That will be us soon, Des. Growing up, graduating, and making choices. Speaking of choices. Prom's coming up. I only want to go if it's with you Des. Will you be my date?"
Screenshot-285.jpg

Desmond wholeheartedly agrees and they seal their date with a passionate kiss!
Screenshot-294.jpg

Then Evie and Carl invite them to join in a water balloon fight and it's the sisters against the guys!

Evie *tauntingly* "You call that a throw? My grandma could throw harder than that!"

Carl *laughing* "Your grandma's a sport's legend! She throws harder than everyone I know!"

Evie: "And she's taught me a few tricks soldier boy!"
Screenshot-289.jpg

With those words, Evie fires a balloon right at Carl and he hits the ground!

They might be young adult's now, but Evie and Carl can still enjoy a good water balloon fight!
Screenshot-288.jpg

Back at the house, Carl makes some other choices too.

Hairstyle and wardrobe changes first thing!

He picks a flattering hairstyle with a casual shirt and scarf for his outerwear.

Carl is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome!

Introducing Carl Ichtaca--young adult human
LTW: Seaside Savior
Traits: Brave, Slob, Virtuoso, Schmoozer, and Supernatural Skeptic (who's GF is a fairy as well as most of her family!)
Favorites: Kid's Music, Veggi Rolls, and Aqua(a shade lighter than Janeva's turquoise!)
Screenshot-306.jpg

And this one for his beachwear, showing off his physique!

He's already WOW so I can't imagine what some athletic skills going to do for him!

The girls will be swooning over him no matter what career he chooses!
Screenshot-304.jpg

And later that day, I find him coming out of City Hall.

Dee: "Whatcha doing Carl?"

Carl: "Evie was right! I need to follow my dreams too! I just signed up as a lifeguard! I'll do what I can here in IP, and then decide what happens in our next town! I can always see about getting a beach going if the town doesn't have one."

Dee: "I think you've made the best choice Carl! Follow your heart and dreams and everything else should fall into place."

Carl: "As long as I'm with Evie, that's the main focus of my life. The rest is icing on the cake."
Screenshot-312.jpg

Back at the house, I find Crewe working on his Masterpiece while Joanna's checking out her blog.

Dee: "Hey, it's a 5 Star Blog now---you did it---you completed your LTW!"

Jo: "Yes, I did. And in my timeline too!"

Dee: "Your time line?"

Jo: "Yes, I wanted it completed before the move to the new town. Once we get there, one of the children will be heir and Crewe and I can focus on the next aspect of our lives---being grandparents!"

Dee *laughing* "You've got it all figured out Jo! Crewe definitely made the right choice for his bride and heir spouse! For a couch potato you've worked hard, raised three great kids, all fairies, for the next generation, and been a wonderful addition to this family!"

Jo: *reflecting and laughing* "I have, haven't I?! And I'm modest too! Now to ace being a grandmother!"
Screenshot-316.jpg

And though Shawn has been diligent in his search for a mermaid, he's had no luck so far.

So when he pops a wish to kiss a local girl, I can't help but let him give it a shot.

He heads over to Jennie Kahale's home and starts chatting with her right away.
Screenshot-320.jpg

They've been friends since childhood, so it was pretty easy to go from chatting to this.

First Kiss---check!
Screenshot-325.jpg

And the next step---asking her to prom!

Shawn: "It'd break my heart Jenni if I didn't get to take you to the Prom!'

Jenni: "Oh, I wouldn't want to do that Shawn! I'll guess I'll just have to say, 'yes'!"
Screenshot-323.jpg

And not to be outdone, Evie and Carl spend some alone time together as adults.

You guessed it, stargazing again!
Screenshot-328.jpg

The next morning I find Sasha out enjoying the pool.

Dee: "Getting in some pool time Sash?"

Sasha: "Yes, no telling if we'll have a pool at our next home. Or if I'll even make it that long. My time is running short now. But Tasha's told me a secret that makes my heart soar!"

Dee: "A secret?"

Sasha *looking around for other ears* "Her and Hank are planning on giving Angelina a little brother or sister! Giving us our 10 grandchildren!"

Dee: "When?"

Sasha: "Soon. Before the family moves on to the new town! Well, the rest of the family anyway. If I make it, Logan and I will be staying in Isla Paradiso, to take care of the family here, like Mémé did."

Dee: "It's hard doing that isn't it?"

Sasha: "A little. But it's time to pass on the baton. Once an heir couple is picked for this gen, Crewe and JoAnna will be the parents/grandparents, and our part in this journey will be complete. Until you come back and check on us!"

Dee: "Wouldn't think of doing anything less Sash! You've been a joy to have in this family. Unconventional for sure, but a joy, nonetheless!  And I'm hoping to be able to leave you here alive and well, with Logan!"

Sasha: "If it works out, I'd like that too."

Dee: "In a house of your own, just the two of you or with one of your other children?"

Sasha: "Now that's something I'll have to think about and talk over with Logan and the other kids. Not sure they'd want us hanging around in the same house, looking over their shoulders, second-guessing their decisions. You know how I am! I butt right in, hell or high-water!"

Dee: "Yes, Sash, I know how you are! But I wouldn't change a thing about you! I'll leave you to your swim and you can think about where you want to live when the time comes."
Screenshot-314.jpg

And later that day, I find Crewe out at the pool.

Dee: "This must be the place to come to today! Anything particular on your mind?"

Crewe *poised on the diving board* "Seriously? You KNOW I always have something on my mind!"

Dee: "Yeah, but I was trying to be polite about it!"

Crewe: 'No need really. You of all people know just how Neurotic I am. And time is getting closer for some serious decisions. Heir couple, next town, BIG decisions. I'm wondering if I'm up for it? It could put me over the edge!"

Dee *laughing* "Never! You might be Neurotic, okay, you're VERY neurotic, but in a careful way, in a safety-for-my-family way. And that's not a bad thing. It keeps you on your toes and your family safe. They don't have to think about that kind of thing because they KNOW you will!"

Crewe: "Except for Evie and Carl, both in dangerous professions. I know Carl changed careers but he'll still be risking his life every day. And who knows what careers the twins and their spouses will pick!"

Dee *gently* "But those aren't things you can control Crewe. You kept them safe here at home, you've taught them well, and then you let them fly on their own wings! That's supposed to be a metaphor but with all your children being fairies, it's literal as well! They've been nurtured by you and JoAnna and Logan and Sasha, they've grown up and will make their own choices. Some will be good choices, others not so good. But that's life. And life will find a way! Even if one or more of them goes off track, they'll pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and get on with their lives. It won't be perfect, CAN'T be perfect, because life isn't. But's that's what this journey is all about---keeping it going ESPECIALLY when it's not perfect!  As a painter and a writer, you know that better than most."
Screenshot-332.jpg

Crewe: *considering* "You're right! I do know that better than most. And Jo and I have done a great job with our kids. Maybe not a perfect job, but a good one. We've given them a foundation. A solid, loving foundation, and soon it will be their turn to build on that foundation!"

And with those words of wisdom, Crewe executes a great dive into the pool. Not a perfect one, but one he can be proud of, just like he's proud of the job they've done with their children!
Screenshot-334.jpg

Lot of decisions and choices in this chapter!

Evie chose Carl for her life partner.

Carl chose being a lifeguard and moving with the Frio family.

Carly chose Desmond and Shawn chose Jenni for prom dates.

But there are still some big decisions ahead!

Once they become young adults, choosing LTW's and life partners, are both choices the twins will have to make.

And then the family will be choosing an heir couple and a new town!

And even though Logan and Sasha plan on staying in IP, will they stay in their own place or with one of their children?

And what of the 10th grandchild? Will he/she arrive before the move? That's not even a decision a Watcher can make! Nooboos come when they come---usually at the busiest, most inconvenient time for everyone else, but the perfect time for them!

Join us for Chapter 67-- Miracles in Paradise
Coming soon.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 04:52:35 PM »
Chapter 67-- Miracles in Paradise

Logan goes over to Hank and Tasha's to get some cuddling in with his youngest granddaughter.

Logan: "Don't you worry sweetling, Grandpa's going to be around for a long, long time!"
Screenshot-29.jpg

And to check on his youngest daughter as well!

Looks like she and Hank were serious about baby # 2!
Screenshot-13.jpg

And Carly and Desmond's relationship is growing stronger day by day. They just became steadies!
Their favorite place is the Festival Park. Not that they pay much attention to anything besides each other!
Screenshot-12.jpg

And Jessie's all grown up now too! She and teen brother Jerry have moved in to Hank and Natasha's as she says, 'to give Mom her space!'

I think that means that Sam's hard to live with----apparently Andres the only one that can handle her.

But it's worked out well for Hank and Tasha too, having others to help with little Angelina and baby #2 , when he or she arrives!
Screenshot-22.jpg

And Sasha shows up after her game!

Sasha: "You treating my baby girl right Hank?! She needs plenty of rest in her condition!"

Hank: "Nothing less than the best Mama Frio! I've been making her play piano or drums so she stays off her feet."

Sasha: "Well, that's a start.  And with Jessie and Jerry here, two pairs of helping hands so she doesn't overdo."
Screenshot-28.jpg

Meanwhile, Shawn's debating on his chances scuba diving with a shark in the area!

Shawn *thinking* I've not had any luck for days, but I want to give it one more shot!*
Screenshot-36.jpg

And his perseverance pays off!

When what to his wondering eyes should appear?
A beautiful mermaid with red hair, blue eyes, and a purple tail so dear!

What can he say, he's a painter not a poet!
Screenshot-32.jpg

And they talk for what seems like minutes but must be hours as his tank runs low.

But he gets her promise to meet him again tomorrow afternoon.

Shawn: "Right by the three shells---it's a date!--I mean, I'll see you then."
Screenshot-38.jpg

And true to her word, Mia meets him day after day.

Sharing her scuba diving knowledge and building up a friendship.
Screenshot-43.jpg

And finally trusting him enough to meet him on land!

Shawn: "Oh, Mia it's so great to see you out here! I never dreamed you would come out of the water for me."

Mia: "You are my friend Shawn, of course, I would. But we have to be with friends we trust. There are so few of us left now."

Shawn: "I'm so glad you trust me that way Mia. My Uncle Salty is a merman, and I have 3 cousins that are mersims too. Russell's a merman, but his sisters are hybrids, fairy/mermaids! Uncle Salty is thrilled to have all of his children carry on mersim genes."

Mia *shocked* "You not only know other mersims, but you tell people you are related to them!?!"

Shawn: "Of course! What's wrong with knowing or being related to mersims?"

Mia: *haltingly* "Some feel we are an… abomination,  totally against nature. That's why there are so few of us now. Hunted almost to extinction! "

Shawn: *outraged* "Not in my family! We revel in being different and unique. In fact, our whole life journey is to live in other towns, find unique sims, and marry them into our family to carry on that uniqueness. I'm sure you noticed my wings! They're pretty common in our family now. Both of my sisters have them as well as three of my cousins. And my dad and grandpa too. They all come from our Mémé----my grandpa's mother, Sophie. She would love your tail and scales! So would all my family!"

Mia: *surprised* "Really? Why? It's just a tail. But your wings are so beautiful----so sparkly and fluttery."

Shawn: "Because we appreciate uniqueness. Will you come and meet them?"

Mia: *shyly* "If you'd like it, I would love to meet your family!"
Screenshot-68.jpg

Shawn: "I hate to go Mia, but it's getting late and it's almost past my curfew."
*hugging her impulsively* "But we'll meet again soon, I promise!"
Screenshot-80.jpg

And as Shawn drives away, Mia watches with so many questions in her mind and so many new feelings she feels like her heart might burst. She wants to believe in all the things her new young friend says, but the cruel stories passed down are  so very frightening. Will he invite her to his home to meet his family? Is it safe?
Screenshot-89.jpg

But she gets Shawn's signal at dawn the next day and the first sim she meets is a ghost!

Mia: "Well, how do you do Ma'am? I'm Mia Azul, a friend of Shawn's."

Rae: *a little shocked at the prompt introduction* "I'm doing as well as can be expected for a ghost. Better than most now that you've introduced yourself so nicely. A friend of Shawn's you say? Well, the boy's certainly picked someone unique and special this time! Make yourself at home and welcome, Mia."
Screenshot-90.jpg

And then a pretty blonde lady comes out and introduces herself.

JoAnna: "Oh, welcome Mia----Shawn told us all about you! I'm his mother, JoAnna, please call me Jo. Oh, and he was right---what beautiful scales you have! So unique, especially with your vibrant red hair! Let's chat and get to know one another, shall we?"

Mia: "Yes, Jo, I would like that. I've been alone for such a long time. Shawn is my first friend. I hope so much to make you one as well!"

JoAnna: "I'm sure all the family will be wanting to meet you. Shawn's been looking for you for days now! He'd almost given up as time is running short. But enough about that, let's get down to some serious girl talk!"
Screenshot-96.jpg

And Mia takes Rae's words to heart and makes herself at home, checking out the sprinkler.

Mia: *puzzled* "Water? Out of that? For the plants, I guess."

She steps closer, water sprays all over her and she laughs and says: "Oh, it's such fun! I never expected it to be fun."
Screenshot-100.jpg

And she evens joins Shawn's grandpa for lunch. Eating something delicious called frogs legs.
Which didn't seem like any frogs she ever knew, but she says a small prayer, just in case!

Logan: "Sit down and join me my dear! I never pass up eating delicious food with a beautiful young woman! It's usually one of my granddaughters. But who knows, you may be one yet!"

Mia: "I usually eat kelp but this smells wonderful. Granddaughter did you say? Me? How could that be?"

Logan: "Anything can be with the Frio family! But for now we'll just settle on chatting and becoming friends."
Screenshot-107.jpg

And someone else is really making himself at home too!

Dee: "Carl! There are plenty of seconds in the fridge!"

Carl *slurp, slurp* "Don't want seconds, just want to lick the plate. Good to the last drop you know!"

Dee *shaking her head* "That's about coffee and we don't even have a coffee maker!"

Carl: "Why not?"

Dee: "You're changing the subject. Are you trying to schmooze me?"

Carl *laughing* "Would I do that!?!"

Dee *trying not to laugh* "Of course you would! And you'd probably get away with it, too. Too cute for your own good!"

Carl: "That's what all the girls on the beach say!"

Dee: "Just make sure you behave!"

Carl: "What's the fun in that!? Kidding, I'm just kidding. You know there's no one else for me but Evie!
Screenshot-104.jpg

But this little scene speaks for itself!

Dee: "Carl! Are you flirting with Raven!?!"

Carl *startled* "Don't sneak up on me that way! No, I wasn't flirting with her, you know I wouldn't cheat on Evie!"

Raven: "Cheat on Evie!!!!! You no good, double-crossing, two-timer!!!!
Screenshot-278.jpg

And before Carl can even respond to that, Raven slaps him silly!
Screenshot-277.jpg

But as she's walking away she falls down and needs CPR!

Carl: "SERIOUSLY! She just slapped the sand out of me and now I have to save her! The only sim that's been on the beach since I started this career?"

Dee: *smirking* "You’re the lifeguard!"

Carl: "Yes, yes, I am."

And with those words, he turns professional and does his best to save a life!
Screenshot-281.jpg

But once Raven is 'saved', she suddenly decides she may not be so mad at him!

But Carl is having none of that! He declares her a nemesis, an enemy for life, and the red double minus signs fly!
Screenshot-283.jpg

Carl knows he has to confess all to Janeva and hopes she can forgive him for this dreadful mistake of his past.

He and Raven had been romantic interests in high school before he and Evie were together.
He had no idea Raven still had feelings for him. They hadn't even been in the same circle of friends or talked for years!

How had things gotten so twisted around? Will Evie ever be able to forgive him?!

But when he tells Evie, he's totally shocked by her response.

She doesn’t say a word, just stares at him for what seems like hours.
Screenshot-209.jpg

Then she falls to one knee and says: "Carl Ichtaca, I love you more than the grains of sand on the beach.

Any beach. Every beach! Marry me?"
Screenshot-213.jpg

And Carl joyously responds, "Yes, yes, YES, I'll marry you! I love you and only you Evie. Now and forever. For the rest of my days!"
Screenshot-220.jpg

And Evie shows him just how special he is to her as she blows him a kiss.

Their engagement is just the beginning of a wonderful life together!
Screenshot-226.jpg

So many miracles in this chapter!

Grandchild number 10 about to arrive any minute!

Shawn met a beautiful mermaid just when he was ready to give up and became friends with her.

Carl finally got to perform his lifeguard duties but almost at the expense of his relationship with Evie, who by a miracle proposed to him instead --- thank the Watcher for Insane girlfriends!

But there's more coming up in the next chapter.

The twins have prom, baby # 10, and toddler spam!

Join us for Chapter 68-- Prom and Progeny
Coming soon.

anything