Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 118019 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2019, 11:29:08 AM »
Chapter 68-- Prom and Progeny

It's time for Prom--and Shawn cleans up very nicely!

Dee: "Looking good Shawn, but where's Jennie? The limos already here---you don't want to be late!"

Shawn: "She's out by the road already! I think Mom wanted to get some pics but Jennie's too excited to wait!"
Screenshot-108.jpg

And Shawn's right! Jennie's so eager to get to the Prom she ran for the limo straight away!

She chose a cute short dress in Shawn's favorite gray edged in flirty white lace ruffles.
Screenshot-115.jpg

Carly and Shawn pose on the front steps to the school so I can get a pic of them together.

That's Silvia Ichtaca behind them and Jerry Prudence out on the sidewalk.

Let's see if we can make them a bit more presentable for Prom!
Screenshot-119.jpg

Silvia chooses a short dress in spiceberry that looks terrific and Dierdre Negrete looks oh so sophisticated in a classic little black dress! And I love that cute pixie hair style she has!
Screenshot-126.jpg

Jerry shows off a classic black suit with bowtie and looks more like a Frio than ever!
Screenshot-127.jpg

Jean Hamada shows up and jokes with Jerry about their 'monkey suits'.

But he's rocking his stylish outfit and he knows it!
Screenshot-130.jpg

On the way out, I see a few new faces!

Nancy Negrete who'd already picked out a sparkly short dress in white and light blue.
Screenshot-133.jpg

And Eugenia Greenwood looking knock-out gorgeous in a classic white gown with a ribbon of black under the bodice!

Dee *thinking* Shawn has some amazing looking teen classmates! The Negrete girls, Silvia and Eugenia are all stunning in the Prom wear!*
Screenshot-134.jpg

Stanley Negrete looks very handsome in an Asian-style black and white suit that really pops against his dark-blue Genie skin!
Screenshot-138.jpg

And last but not least, Shonda Seaworth in an above the knee creation of aquamarine and pink with a white bandeau between that sets off all the glittery sequins!

Prom was a wonderful success and Carly and Shawn brought home the crowns.

Carly and Desmond danced the night away and were considered the cutest couple at the prom.

Shawn showed Jennie such a good time that she asked him to go steady and he said, "yes!"
Screenshot-140.jpg

And as usual, nooboos show up unexpectedly! On prom night, no less!

And grandchild number 10 is a beautiful fairy with green sparkles---Tracey Formaggio!

She's a friendly, easily impressed soon-to-be fairy with those green sparkles floating about.
Screenshot-5.jpg

Grandma Sasha very solemnly holds Tracey.

Dee: "Why so serious Sasha?"

Sasha: "I'm on borrowed time and I know it! Just thinking that this may be the one and only time I get to hold this sweet one!"

Dee: "I've been thinking about that Sasha---and since you're not exactly in the direct Frio line, I may be able to do something to help you out. And the family of course!"

Sasha: "Is that allowed?"

Dee: *giving her a look* "Umm, it's my game, my story, and my idea!"

Sasha *perking up* "I can live with that!"

Dee: "And so you shall!"
Screenshot-31.jpg

And her older sister Angelina ages up to toddler and is a beauty!

She's got her dad Hank's coloring, skin tone and dark hair that goes ever so nicely with her gossamer pink wings!
Screenshot-290.jpg

Grandpa Logan encourages her to take a few steps!

Logan: "That's it sweetie! Come to grandpa! Slow and careful---great job!"
Screenshot-303.jpg

And if Angelina is a toddler, her cousin Dina must have aged up too!

Here she is in all her pink glory! Pink wings, scales and bows!
Screenshot-234.jpg

Grandma Sasha can't resist a cuddle!
Screenshot-238.jpg

And teaching her to talk!
Screenshot-246.jpg

While Grandpa Logan focuses on teaching Russell to walk!
Screenshot-248.jpg

And this little cutie is the Rocha's younger son, Derik! With older brother Willard watching TV.

Willard's blue but not a Genie, and Derik's got his father's human skin tone but is a Genie!
Screenshot-205.jpg

And what of the twins since Prom is over with?

The twins double date at the Festival!

Shawn's working on using his fairy skills by projecting an aura.

Looks like it's working on Jennie big time----but why is she thinking about a broken heart?

Hers or Shawn's, I wonder?

Desmond diligently works on his homework.
Screenshot-265.jpg

While Carly grabs a snack!
Screenshot-268.jpg

Is the romance over for the them?

Hardly!

They were just taking a small break for necessities!
Screenshot-8.jpg

Maybe Jennie's broken heart thought concerns a certain red headed mermaid that's spending a lot of time with Shawn and his family?!
Screenshot-202.jpg

And what better way to end the chapter than with an adorable picture of Tracey as a toddler!

Her green fairy wings are so cute and she got Tasha's Frio coloring with her red hair.

And I'm very partial to her purple outfit as well!
Screenshot-346.jpg

With so many new faces, here's a quick summary of the Frio family.

Logan (fairy) and Sasha's children: Pollyanna, Crewe, and Samantha (triplets)and then Natasha.

Pollyanna (fairy) married Salty Seaworth (merman)and they have:
Shonda (teen fairy/mermaid),
Russell (toddler merman), and
Dina (toddler fairy/mermaid)

Samantha married Andres Prudence and they have: (this whole family is human)
Jessie (YA) and
Jerry (teen, soon to be YA)

Natasha (fairy) married Hank Formaggio and they have:
Angelina (toddler fairy) and
Tracey (toddler fairy)

Heir Crewe (fairy) married JoAnna and they have:
Janeva (YA fairy) and fiancé Carl Ichtaca (YA)
And the twins: Carly (teen fairy)  and BF Desmond Torres (teen with the turquoise hair!)
                      Shawn (teen fairy)  and GF Jennie Kahale (teen)

And with the passing of Prom, the teens YA birthdays are fast approaching, which means our time here in Paradise is coming to an end.

Some big decisions are looming ever closer.

Join us to see what choices are made in Chapter 69-- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »
Chapter 69-- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

We find Carl and Evie relaxing in the hot tub after a hard day at work for both of them.

Especially Carl, as he isn't making much progress at all in saving any sims.

But he's shaking it off and enjoying himself as Evie soaks beside him.

Until Evie says: "I have to tell them Carl. My boss wants an answer soon. But it will break their hearts if we don't go with them to the next town! How can I make this decision? Break my family's hearts or give up such a promotion---it could ruin my career!"

Carl *confidently* "They'll understand Evie. Your family has always had to make tough decisions, difficult choices. You've told me about some of them before. They love you and they will accept whatever choice you make. But I don't think they would accept you giving up your dream, for them especially. But I know you'll find a way to tell them---you're too much a Frio to back away from a difficult decision. And you're too Good to make the wrong one!"

Evie *trying to smile* "That does make me feel a bit better Carl! Maybe if I talk it over with Grandma Sasha, it will help me to decide."

Carl *knowingly* "I think you already have Evie. It's just telling them your decision that's making your heart ache."

Evie *gulping back a sob* "You know me too well Carl. Let's just soak a bit longer so they don't see that I'm upset."

Carl *thinking* They don't have to see her to know that---they're all so close, they'll just know something's up with their dear Evie. But I will stick by her in her choice, even if we go on our own. It's the only thing I can do.*
Screenshot-143.jpg

The next day Carl surveys yet another empty beach! And after his last ordeal with Raven, kind of glad for the emptiness.

Unfortunately the start of his lifeguard career has been pretty down-heartening for him, starting in the fall season, and going through winter. They are short seasons here in Paradise, but no one goes swimming! He's seriously considering changing both is LTW and his career. Especially if the new town has regular seasons---it would take him a lot longer than his lifespan to save 50 sims!

And Evie's decision is weighing on him too.

They both have to make some tough choices soon.
Screenshot-167.jpg

But on Spooky Day it warms up enough for the Frio males to go on a fishing trip!

Shawn's Angler trait has been having him itching to go fishing and Logan decides it would be a great way for all the guys to spend the day.

They all catch a few fish and gain some fishing skill points as Carl chats about his and Janeva's upcoming wedding.

He doesn't mention that it may happen a lot sooner than they think if they all want to attend.

No need to introduce that subject on such a beautiful day!

And he flicks the thought aside himself and just enjoys the warm breeze and the companionship of the guys.
Screenshot-317.jpg

Since the nights a bit warmer, Logan and Sasha enjoy each others company and gaze at the stars.

But they both have rather serious thoughts on their minds.

"I wish she would tell us what's wrong!" they both finally whisper at the same time.

With a laugh Logan says, "We always did read each others minds!"

Sasha chuckles but then says seriously, "I don't want to push her but it has to be something serious, something about moving to the next town, I think. Evie's always been so open and honest with us. Remember how she asked if her cake was organic at her child birthday?! I was frantic trying to decide as she calmly ate her cake anyway! She's so much like me in so many ways Logan. I worry about her in her job and all. She's picked a good man in Carl. He's supporting her in whatever she's going through without spilling the beans to us. He probably feels he would be betraying her if he did that---and she would probably think so too. But time is running short. It's almost the twins YA birthdays and the clock is ticking for Paradise."

Logan: *sighing* "I was hoping I could get Carl to open up a bit while we were fishing, but Crewe and Shawn stayed close by so I couldn't say anything. If he'd asked for my advice or Crewe's, we could have probably helped. But maybe not. Each one of us has had to make tough choices Sash---you know that better than most. So this could be something that Evie has to decide on her own."

Sasha: "Probably, but it hurts watching her struggle so much and not being able to fix it! You know I always want to fit it Logan. It's who I am."

Logan: "Well, we can only help if she comes to us. Until then we just have to wait."

Sasha: "Something else I've gotten very good at over the years!"
Screenshot-333.jpg

And a few days later, Carl approaches Crewe and asks for Janeva's hand!

Crewe gives his blessing but in his endearing socially awkward way asks: "What would you have done if I'd said no?"

Carl *choking* "Wha..what? Oh, I umm.. I'd have told you I respectfully understood and then told Evie you were against our marriage and left it up to her to win that battle!"

Crewe *nodding his head* "I would never have even got past Wha…Carl! You definitely have a way with people. Then my daughter would have come to me all indignant and I would have had to relent. You had it all figured out and it only took you a few seconds! I can really appreciate someone who's at ease talking to people. You and my daughter both. I gave you my blessing Carl because we all know you are Evie's match. Her soulmate. Take good care of our little girl!"

Carl *nodding affirmatively* "Yes, sir, I will sir."

Crewe *gulping* "That was probably the longest speech I ever made! Oh, and Carl."

Carl: *starting to sweat a bit* "Yes sir?"

Crewe: "Call me Dad! Sir is my Grandpa Adam!"

Carl: *with a nervous laugh of relief* "Thank you si..um, Dad!"
Screenshot-355.jpg

But no worries with these two!

Carly and Desmond have been spending all their free time together, falling deeper in love with each passing day.

I'm not expecting any surprises when they have their birthdays.
Screenshot-363.jpg

And I find JoAnna chatting with Shawn upstairs.

Jo: "Everything going okay Shawn?"

Shawn: "Everything's fine Mom! Well, I did have a question. Something I've been thinking about lately."

Jo: "Oh? Something I could help with?"

Shawn *a little embarrassed* "Well, I was just wondering…how did you and dad know you were the one for each other?"

Jo *nodding* "Ah, girl trouble?"

Shawn: "No, not really. Jennie and I are getting along fine. She's a nice girl. A little odd sometimes, like Grandma Sasha, but real nice. And we like each other a lot but how do you know it's the real thing? A love that will last?"

Jo: "That's not easy to answer. Some people just know and find their soulmates right away. Others muddle along and stumble into them sometimes. *laughing* Like me and your dad! But others, never really find one. It's sad really to have to go on alone like that I would think. But some people just don't click with anyone special."

Shawn: *a little shocked* "You and dad just kind of happened? There wasn't a moment when you both just knew?"

Jo: "Oh, we knew, but your dad was so shy and tongue-tied he could barely speak to me! I had to figure out what he was trying to say all the time through his babbling!"

Shawn: "But Dad's a writer, famous and all. I've read some of his books. They're really good."

Jo: "But writing and talking are two very different things. Your dad's not comfortable in crowds or even speaking to a stranger. And you know how paranoid he gets about the sink!"

Shawn: "I know. He keeps asking me about the one in the upstairs bathroom and then has to go check it himself! But I wasn't really asking about dad."

Jo: "Right. Well, I guess to know if you were really soulmates it's best to ask yourself a question. Would you give up your dreams so that person could realize theirs? If the answer is yes for both of you, then I would say you belong together. Did that help?"

Shawn *pondering* "Yes, Mom, I think it did."
Screenshot-344.jpg

And another important discussion is going on upstairs as well.

Evie: "Grandma Sasha, could I talk with you about something important?"

Sasha: "Of course Evie! I've been waiting for you to unburden yourself for days!"

Evie *sighing* "I was trying to be strong and not show the family I was upset. It's my problem really."

Sasha *firmly* "Spill it girl! No more going it alone. A burden is lessened when shared."

Evie *resigned* "I've been under consideration for a promotion at work. A sting operation in a little obscure town…"

Sasha *nodding with understanding* "A town you would have to relocate to…with or without the rest of the family?!"

Evie: "Yes. And if I pass it up.."

Sasha: "It will be a long time before you're considered for promotion again as it will be on your record!"

Evie "Exactly! So you see it's either take the promotion and move without the family or go with the family and destroy my career!"

Sasha *giving her a look* "I don't think you were listening to me earlier! I said, "A town you would have to relocate to…WITH or without the rest of the family?! Why isn't that an option? Having the whole family go there?"

Evie *shocked* "But I can't ask them all to do that for me! That would be so selfish!"

Sasha *sternly* "More selfish than thinking the family that loves you would dessert you?!"

Evie *even more shocked* "But I was thinking of them…."

Sasha: "You were thinking like a law enforcement officer and a very good one if I do say so myself. It's your career, your promotion, your job to keep people safe. Especially your family! So…better to leave them behind and not let them have the choice!"

Evie *light dawning* "Oh, I WAS doing that! I didn't even realize it until you said it so plainly."

Sasha: "And now that you realize it, speak with your father. He will take your position into consideration and share the burden Evie! It's what we do as your family. And don't ever forget that again!"

Evie *relieved and mortified* "I won't Grandma! How could I have been so blind! I'll talk to dad soon. It's not just my decision----it's one we all can make, together as a family! Thank you Grandma. I'm so glad you agreed to stay until after the twins birthdays! I know we'll all miss you but….I feel we have a special connection me and you! I'll love you always Grandma and try to do my best to be as Good as you!"

Sasha *wiping away a tear* "Oh, Evie. We are so much alike. You've got my hair color and a lot of my personality. But you've got some unique qualities that make you special. Never forget that and trust in yourself as well as your family! I love you dear Evie! And I'll miss you more than you can know---but we'll keep in touch! Letters, e-mail, phone calls. You name it, I'll be pestering you all the time!"

Evie: "I know you will Grandma and I will be looking forward to each and every time I hear from you!"
Screenshot-425.jpg

Then the time they had all been waiting for arrives!

The twins YA birthdays!

But it looks like Desmond it going to be the first up!

Dee: "You sure Des? You want your birthday here?"

Desmond: "I'm sure. I love Carly and I'm planning on being part of this family so what better way to start that than having my birthday here?"

Dee: "I'm glad you feel that way. So get to blowing out those candles young man!"
Screenshot-369.jpg

So he takes a deep breathe, blows out the candles, and after the sparkles disappear a handsome young man stands before us!

Dee: "Wow, Des, you grew up very nicely! And Carly seems super excited with your oh so handsome self!"

Desmond: "I feel great! And this outfit isn't bad either! Very debonair! But I don't want to hog the whole show. Carly and Shawn still need to have their cakes."
Screenshot-377.jpg

So we all head off to the kitchen for the next up---Carly.

She stands in front of her cake amidst all the cheering and blows out her candles.
Screenshot-394.jpg

And promptly loses her long hair!

But she doesn't wait to eat her own cake as she yells, "You go now Shawn, we can do make-overs and bios later!"
Screenshot-414.jpg

Shawn, ever eager to please his older twin, heads to his cake.

And after the sparkles disappear…
Screenshot-407.jpg

His hair's grown wild and his clothes should be burned!

Okay they're not that bad---but compared to Dashing Desmond, he looks like a dud!
Screenshot-412.jpg

First thing he does after cake is chat with Jennie.

And she doesn't seem to mind his hair or his clothes.
Screenshot-426.jpg

But Carly decides she's waited long enough for her make-over.

She picks out a flattering long hair style and this for her formal outfit.

Introducing Carly Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: One Sim Band
Traits: Neurotic, Virtuoso, Brave, Dramatic, and Loves the Cold
Fav's: Roots, Goopy Carbonara, and Orange
BF: Desmond Torres
Screenshot-419.jpg

And this for her athletic outfit.
Screenshot-423.jpg

And then she corners her father and begs him to call a family meeting and reveal the new heir and town.

Carly: "Please, dad, I can't stand the suspense!"

Crewe: "It's too soon. There are a few more details to be worked out yet, sweetheart. And we need to have the entire family that's moving living here with us. But very soon, I promise. I know it's hard to wait but just give it a little more time."

Carly *disappointed* "Okay dad, I understand. It's just so exciting and scary all at the same time!"

Crewe: "Well, that's probably your Neurotic trait rearing it's ugly head---believe me I understand that well enough. But first things first, go spend some time with your Desmond and get some things settled. That will give you something to focus on besides worrying about moving and heirship."

Carly *awestruck* "Oh, Des---didn't he grow up dreamy daddy?!"

Crewe: *gulps* "He's a nice enough boy, er..young man. Go spend some time with him---but not too much, remember you're still my baby girl!"

Carly *smiling* "Awe, I'll always be your baby girl daddy, even when I'm 200!"

And she rushes off to find Des.
Screenshot-428.jpg

After all the excitement and crowd, Crewe needs some alone time but finds his mother on the upstairs balcony.

Crewe asks: "What's on your mind Mom? I saw that look you gave me during the birthdays."

Sasha: *chuckling* "Can't put anything over on you now can I? But I won't keep you in suspense. Evie's got a tough decision to make and I told her to discuss it with you. Share the burden so to speak. Well, after I pointed out the error of her ways!"

Crewe: "I don't doubt that Mom! You always knew how to cut to the chase and we didn't get away with much."

Sasha: *smirking* "Only what I allowed you to get away with---sometimes kid's need to find their own direction, let their own spirit grow---it's what makes you an adult. But sometimes you need to discuss matters with someone else, with the family and share the decision. This journey is all about compromise, doing what's best for all, not just for one. I know you'll let Evie speak her piece and then weigh all the factors before making any decisions. But I just wanted you to know that I'm aware of what's going on and if YOU need someone to discuss it with your father and I will be here for you. Across town, but still available."

Crewe: "So you guys have made your choice? Across town? With Sam or Tasha?"

Sasha: "We've decided to get our own place---well, if the family will allow us to use the family funds to buy a place!"

Crewe: "Anything you want Mom! You and dad have done so much for all of us, it's the least we can do to see you happily settled in a place. I'm glad you're going to be close to the others here. I'll miss them all. But we'll keep in touch, I promise."

Sasha: "You can bet on that boy! I won't lose track of any of my family!"
Screenshot-453.jpg

Crewe heads downstairs for some alone time and to catch up on his book but is soon joined by Evie.

Evie: "Don't put the book down dad. This will be easier if you're not looking at me. I'm sure Grandma told you I was coming to talk to you, but please don't say anything until I get through it all. It's really quite simple to tell. I'm up for a promotion at work---but it requires relocating to a small town. I thought it would be best for Carl and I to go on our own and not move with the family. But Grandma pointed out that there is another option. The family could choose to move with us despite the fact that I think they would be safer not to. So now it's out there! You know what's been bothering me for days."

Silence.

Evie:  "Um, you can say something NOW, Dad!"

Crewe: "Oh, okay." *clearing his throat*  "I'll add that information to everything else under consideration Evie. How long before you have to decide?"

Evie: "Within the next few days. Captain said the operation is due to be set up by next week so I have to let them know so they can get the paperwork going for the transfer."

Crewe: "I'm glad you told us Evie. I'll do some checking and you try not to worry sweetheart. Your family's got your back and your sister and I do enough worrying for the whole family!"

Evie *smiling just a bit* "That you do Dad. That you do. And thanks for listening so calmly, I was worried you'd get all upset."

Crewe: "Your sister is the dramatic one in the family, I just keep checking the sink! Now off to bed with you young lady, we have some busy days ahead."
Screenshot-361.jpg

And before Sasha can head on in the house, Logan joins her on the balcony.

Sasha: *laughing* "Popular place tonight!"

Logan: "I made a decision on a house and everything's all set Sash. It's best if we leave with most of the family asleep. We've said our goodbyes and they'll be visiting us at the new place. Crewe said he'd stop by to check it out and give us a few details of the move, heir couple and all that. Apparently some of that isn't worked out yet. Cutting it close. But Frios like living on the edge!"

Sasha: "That we do!"

Logan: "I think you'll really like the new place Sash. It's 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and plenty of space for the grandkids to visit and sleep over!"

Sasha: *he's always thinking of me* "It sounds perfect! You always know what makes me happy Logan. Let's go home!"
Screenshot-445.jpg

And Logan and Sasha leave the family home for one of their own for the first time in their lives.
Screenshot-479.jpg

Early the next morning, Jo chats with a guest.

Jo: "I'm so glad you could make it over on such short notice Mia. We missed you at the party last night."

Mia: "I was sad to miss it, but I had stayed so long last time, I needed the extra hydration time."

Jo: "Oh, I never thought of that! Is it okay for you to be here now?"

Mia: "Yes, I am fine now. I should be okay for at least a couple of days."

Jo: "You have to hydrate in water every couple of days?! I don't remember Salty having to do that."

Mia: "It's pretty common for mersims to have to stay hydrated, but not just in any water, salt water. Or else we start to loose our mersim abilities and become 'normal' sims. That's how they eradicated our species so many years ago. They captured us and kept us caged on land until we were no longer mersims. Many were so broken hearted, their spirits so broken, they no longer wished to live and simply threw themselves into the sea!"

Jo *gulping* "This is serious Mia! Now I know why Salty loves their house by the sea so much, so he has access to salt water! I need to talk to Salty and see if there is anything we can do to help you. You shouldn't have to live in such danger every couple of days." *thinking* And what if no salt water was available?! Poor Mia, I know she couldn't bear it if she lost her mergenes!*
Screenshot-495.jpg

And a very thoughtful Shawn wakes up early having tossed and turned most of the night.

With one look in the mirror he decides a makeover is a must! He can't even see through all his hair!

He chooses a much more suitable short hair style and comfortable every day clothes in his favorite color gray.

Shawn *his good sense of humor coming to the fore* Well, I look the part of a starving artist or fisherman at least!*

Shawn Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: Master of the Arts
Traits: Artistic, Genius, Light Sleeper, Angler, and Good Sense of Humor
GF: Jennie Kahale
Screenshot-490.jpg

And as he makes his way downstairs and stands in the foyer, he's shocked to see the two sims that have been on his mind all night!

Jennie's waking up in her sleeping bag and Mia is heading into the living room!

His mind is a jumble! Jennie said goodbye last night but she's still here!

And Mia said she couldn't make it to their birthday party but it's not even light out and she's here in the house!

What a start to the day! He's so muddled he can't think straight.

Wait----think straight! He's a Genius for goodness sake---he just needs to focus and take this logically.

He straightens his shoulders as if going into battle and realizes it may be just that!

A battle to come to the biggest decision of his young life!
Screenshot-498.jpg

So many decisions in this chapter and they all come to a head in the next one!

Who will Shawn choose? And if he chooses Mia, is it safe for her to leave Paradise?

Will Evie choose the promotion or go with her family to the next town?

Or was Sasha right to think the family would choose the town Evie will be in, to keep them altogether?

Find out in Chapter 70-- Final Choices in Paradise
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
Chapter 70-- Final Choices in Paradise

Shawn takes the bull by the horns and starts chatting with Jennie.

Shawn *thinking* She's such a nice girl, but are we meant for each other?*
Screenshot-518.jpg

They decide to enjoy the beautiful morning and head outside to chat.

Shawn's not sure how he's supposed to bring up the subject of life goals and if either of them would be willing to give theirs up for the other. But he feels Jennie must have been reading his mind when she brings up living here in Paradise!

Jennie: "It's so beautiful here Shawn! I love living here and can't imagine having a home anywhere else! Just look at that view! Even in winter, isn't it incredible?"

Shawn is so stunned by her comment he can't even respond! He's told Jennie about their journey hasn't he? Of course he has! But she's talking like she's not planning on ever leaving the Islands!

Jennie: *laughing* "Shawn? Hey, earth to Shawn!"

Shawn manages to mumble something he hopes is appropriate and then Jennie says she has to get home.
Screenshot-532.jpg

Shawn isn't sure what Jennie is expecting now that they are both young adults.

Will she say something special? Kiss him? Should he make the first move?

He's disappointed when she just gives him a friendly hug and says she'll see him later.

But if she's planning on living here in Paradise, maybe it's for the best?
Screenshot-528.jpg

Now for phase 2! Meeting Mia for the first time as a young adult!

Shawn is more nervous now than when he was talking to Jennie, even with her comments on living in Paradise forever!

He's only ever been a teen with Mia and they have a wonderful friendship. One he doesn't want to lose.

Mia's already an adult and may just still think of him as a kid!

Well, he'll never find out hiding outside----so he steels himself for this first meeting and heads inside the house.

He watches her from the archway as she plays video games.

How striking she looks with her ivory skin, purple scales, and that gorgeous vibrant red hair!

But it's not just her looks.  She's so vital and puts all her energy and focus into everything she does.

She… she… lives in the moment! That's it! She doesn't dwell on the past or fuss about the future, but takes each and every moment that comes her way as a gift! Something precious and special. And that's what he wants in his life, in his future, and in his present!
Screenshot-510.jpg

With that thought, he strides into the room and she immediately jumps up from the couch.

Mia gives his a bold side-long look, but Shawn is too young and nervous to meet her eyes yet.

But the feelings they share, the mutual attraction, it's like an electric pulse in the air and they both feel it!

Shawn no longer has any doubts about who he wants, needs, in his life. Mia!

But he isn't free to act yet. He won't be that kind of man! Jennie's still his girl and he needs to break that tie before he gets involved with Mia. It wouldn't be fair to either of them.
Screenshot-526.jpg

But Carly and Desmond don't have any reservations at all when it comes to their relationship.

Their love is stronger than ever and everything they feel is shown in the passionate kisses they share.
Screenshot-536.jpg

But before Shawn and Mia can even share a private chat-- it's time for another important event.

Graduation!

Shawn spins into his graduation cap and gown and the family members all head to City Hall.
Screenshot-539.jpg

There's a huge crowd and it takes awhile for everyone to get inside.

So long that Crewe starts feeling the pressure of the crowd!

In fact, some of them went in and came right back out again, which is why Carly isn't in her graduation outfit.

But eventually everyone makes it inside for the ceremony and when it's over Carly is Valedictorian and voted Most Likely to Save the World, while Shawn is voted Most Likely to Take Over the World!

Not what I expected for either of them, but it sounds like either way, a Frio will be playing a feature role!
Screenshot-553.jpg

With time running out, Crewe heads over to check out his parent's new home.

It's a cute house in the Spanish style and Crewe is impressed when he gets there.

Crewe *thinking* Wow, nice place! If the outside is anything to go by, I think this place will be perfect for them!*
Screenshot-559.jpg

But Crewe wouldn't be Crewe if he didn't take care of the most important thing first.

Checking out the sink!

Crewe *thinking* Whew, the sink is fine. All is well with the world!*
Screenshot-564.jpg

With that task complete, he checks out the rest of the house.

The main floor has a kitchen, dining room, and living room with a master suite, including that bathroom with the safe sink!

And a lovely deck off the kitchen that not only overlooks the backyard playground but has an amazing view of the bay.
Screenshot-563.jpg

The ground floor has a garage which is housing a motive mobile.

And includes a spare bedroom with bunkbeds, a bathroom, and it's own living room which includes a gaming area, with convenient access to the backyard playground.

Perfect for visiting grandchildren or other guests!
Screenshot-562.jpg

Crewe checks it all out, the sinks especially, and then heads into the kitchen to say goodbye to his parents.

After a lengthy hug with Sasha where she squeezed the life out of him, he gets to tell her how wonderful the house his.

Crewe: "*I couldn't be happier with your new home, Mom. All the sinks are good and the whole place looks terrific! I know you'll be happy here."

Sasha: "It is a nice place. Your Dad picked it out and wanted to surprise me. Everything is just perfect! I can't wait to have the grandkids visit! We have a crib and bunkbeds, and there's enough space downstairs and outside for the kids to have sleepovers. It'll be nice having a home of our own though, just me and your dad. I wasn't expecting to get this opportunity, but our Watcher took care of it for me and gave me some extra time."

Crewe: "And you deserve it Mom! You've worked hard for this family on this journey. You gave up your own family and became a Frio. You waited a long time for children and your patience and perseverance paid off!"

Sasha: "And some young again potion too! Don't forget I was allowed that privilege. In fact, there are still some bottles in the family chest, in case someone needs it!"

Crewe *thoughtfully* "That's good to know Mom."
Screenshot-617.jpg

And then he shares a hug with his Dad.

Logan: "Your mother pretty much summed up everything. The new house is perfect and we love getting to spend the rest of our lives together here in Paradise. We'll miss all of you of course, but we know you'll all carry on with the journey. Can you tell us where you're going yet or who the heir couple will be?"

Crewe: "Well, the town is a little hush hush since it involves Evie and a case she's working on. Carly plans on asking Desmond to move with us, of course. But Shawn, well, I'm not exactly sure how things are going with Shawn. We have to leave soon, very soon. But he still has a little time. So as soon as he gets some things settled, we can weigh all the factors and decide on the heir couple."

Logan: "I know it will all work out for the best, son. You've raised three terrific children and any one of them could handle heirship. Once the dust settles, you'll all know who it should be."

Crewe: "It's always worked out in the past, so no need to think it won't this time, but you know me, have to worry anyway. But if I can just keep my worries focused on sinks, the rest usually falls into place! But we'll keep in touch Dad and let you know how things are going in the new town once we all get settled in."

Logan: "We'll hold you to that promise for sure!"
Screenshot-626.jpg

Meanwhile, Shawn has asked Jennie to meet him at the Festival Park.

He's always looked forward to such outings before, but this time he goes with a heavy heart, knowing he's going to break up with her. It won't be easy for either of them. He hopes they can part friends, but he's not counting on it.

And by the looks of Jennie's thoughts, that may not happen.
Screenshot-572.jpg

Shawn decides an aura of creativity just isn't going to help this situation, so he turns it off.

Then he tells Jennie that he and his family are leaving Paradise soon to move to the next town on their Journey.

Shawn: "You're such a nice girl Jennie and you'll always be special to me, but you want to stay here and I can't stay. And I have feelings for Mia. It wouldn't be fair to you either way. I'm so sorry Jennie!"

Jennie *in a hurt voice* "Is Mia going with you?"

Shawn: "I don't know. I haven't asked her yet. We really haven't spoken since my birthday."

Jennie: *a bit puzzled* "But you're breaking up with me now, before you even know if she'll go with you?"

Shawn: *firmly* "Ask Mia to go with me while you're still my girlfriend? I wouldn't do a thing like that Jennie! That would be pretty shabby and not like the man I want to be! I will go to Mia a single guy, not attached and hedging my bets."

Jennie *looks at him intently* "Well, at least you've been honest. And it does make me feel better that you haven't asked her yet. I will miss you, but I knew I could never leave Paradise. I felt bad about not telling you that before. And I kind of knew, or suspected anyway, about Mia. She's spent so much time at your house and you've talked about her so much. I know you've only been friends but that's because of your age difference, so that's why I finally told you that Paradise would always be my home."

Shawn: "We were good together Jennie. I will miss you, too."

Jennie: "Best of luck with Mia, Shawn. I mean that. Some things are meant to be forever but we just….weren't.

And they part, if not the best of friends, at least not as enemies.
Screenshot-594.jpg

And Carly finally finds a minute to ask Desmond to move in and continue their journey together.

Of course he says, "Yes!"
Screenshot-633.jpg

And Shawn and Mia spend a moment alone.

He finds her extremely attractive but he can see she's getting sleepy, so he knows he has to make his move!
Screenshot-635.jpg

He knows he's taking the biggest chance of life, but he just pulls her close and kisses her!

A kiss that expresses everything he can't say. A kiss that shows her how he truly feels about her.

A kiss that could break his heart!
Screenshot-657.jpg

But Mia shows her true feelings by kissing him back intensely, passionately!
Screenshot-659.jpg

And then he asks her the BIG question.

Shawn: "Mia, my family is leaving Paradise! Will you come with us, with me?"

Mia *smiling happily* "Oh, yes, Shawn, I was so sad at the thought of you and your family leaving. I have no one here, but you! You were so sweet but so young and now you are not so young and we love, do we not?"

Shawn: *smiling* "We do, Mia! Of course I love you!"

Mia: "Then it is settled. I will move in here and live with you and your family, wherever you may go!"

Shawn: *frowning* "But is it safe for you to leave Mia? Mom told me that you have to swim in the ocean every 48 hours to keep your mermaid genes. If there's no ocean….I couldn't ask you to give up something so much a part of yourself Mia. If you can't leave, I'm staying here with you!"

Mia: "You do love me very much my young Shawn, to give up your journey, your family! But it will not be necessary. Your mother spoke with your Uncle Salty and with the help of your Aunt Sam at the Science Lab, they have made an amulet for me. One that will keep me a mermaid no matter if I swim in the ocean or not!"

Shawn: "Forever?"

Mia: "That we do not know yet. But I am willing to take that chance. And if I need to swim in the ocean once in a great while, we can always vacation here, yes?"

Shawn: "Yes! Oh, Mia, you've made me the happiest Sim in the world!"

And it dawns on him that his mother was right. If you love someone, truly love them, both of you would be willing to give up anything, everything, for that person, for them to be happy. Just like him and Mia!
Screenshot-652.jpg

With a full house, Crewe makes an important phone call.
Screenshot-686.jpg

And after a long flight, they reach their destination.

But no one seems thrilled with the new house!

Crewe: *laughing* "Rest easy everyone, this is only a rental property until our house is ready. But we can go take a look at the new place. "
Screenshot-688.jpg

Crewe: "Everyone hop in the motive mobile. Yes, I had one shipped ahead!"

Evie *shocked* "Dad, that shop over there says, 'Riverview Salon'!"

Crewe: "So it does. Very observant. A good quality in a law enforcement officer!"

Evie: "But Dad, I gave up the promotion….we couldn't decide in time."

Crewe: *patiently* "I told you not to worry. Your grand-father is a highly respected surgeon, your grand-mother a superstar athlete, and I'm a well-known sports writer. We are all part of a very affluent, influential family. Your Captain received the news well when we accepted on your behalf and he was only too happy to provide the details to a fellow officer who will be on your special ops team."

Evie: *puzzled* "Fellow officer? But I don't know anyone… Des?!"

Desmond: "Guilty Evie! I have all the details with me. We have a couple of days to settle in, then we report to the local office here. As regular officers of course. Only you and I and our special ops team know what our real case is, so we'll be taking regular duty plus doing special ops. We'll be pulling some pretty long hours!"

Evie: *still taking it all in* "So I got the promotion? And we're all going to live here in Riverview? Oh, I don't know what to say!"

Crewe: "I do---get-in-the-car!"
Screenshot-694.jpg

Crewe: "Here it is everyone! It's called ***Glenn House and the architect is a MrsFlynn. The pool's in, the playground equipment, the garden center, all the big outdoor stuff. But the inside's not finished yet. It's a blank canvas so to speak. And everyone gets to pick their rooms and put the finishing touches on it! Welcome to our new home in Riverview!"
Screenshot-714.jpg

Well, the Frio family, made it to the next town.

But since they left it down to the wire, there was no time to announce the heir couple prior to the move.

That will be revealed in Chapter 71--An Heir is Chosen
Coming soon.

***Many thanks to MrsFlynn for providing me with a copy of her build Glenn House.
Build details will be provided in the next chapter along with pictures as it is furnished and completed with the Frio belongings. Any changes from her original build will be duly noted and are the sole responsibility of the author.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
Chapter 71--  An Heir is Chosen

JoAnna: "I think I hear them. Des is still chatting with her outside."

Crewe, Evie, and Carl are waiting expectantly for Carly to enter their new home.

Mia's thinking about the lot needing some trees but Shawn only has eyes for Mia!
Screenshot-708.jpg

And then Des rushes in and turns quickly towards the door to watch Carly's entrance.

Carly wanders in and stares as everyone starts cheering and yelling, "Welcome home, welcome home!"

Carly: *puzzled* "What's going on? And why are you all standing around in the dark yelling at me?"

Crewe answers: "It's dark because there's no electric or lights yet. And we thought it would only be proper to give the new heir a nice big welcome to her new home!"

Carly: *shocked* "But Evie's heir---we decided on coming to Riverview with her."

Evie: *smiling* "You all surprised ME by choosing Riverview as our next town, so we could stay together. But I'm not heir baby sister, YOU, are! SURPRISE!!!!!"

Carly: "What? Can it work like that?!"

Crewe: "It can and don't sound so surprised about it. After your young adult birthday, YOU were the only one that was concerned about heirship. No one else even asked me. Evie was caught up with Carl and her job and all. And Shawn was trying to figure out his love life. But heirship was only really important to you! And besides, the Watcher was partial to you and Desmond as well!"

Carly: "Really? No one else even asked? And The Watcher thought I would make a good heir?"

JoAnna: *smiling* "Of course she did. The focus of this journey is adding different traits and unique physical attributes from each of our towns as well as carrying on traditional ones from past generations. I passed on my blonde hair to you, and you inherited Mémé's wings but in a unique color, green, and her Brave trait. Plus you're a Virtuoso like Great-Grandma Rae, along with being Neurotic, like your Dad. With being uniquely Dramatic, and Loving the Cold, a perfect combination for heir. And with Desmond having that unique turquoise hair, that as far as we know is exclusive to IP, along with so many traits that past generations have had, he's the perfect partner for an heir couple!"

Carly: *with a laugh* "Wow, we DO seem perfect! But we are just regular Sims, I hope you don't expect miracles from either of us!"

Crewe: *with a fond smile* "Not perfection or miracles, just to carry on the journey the best way you know how, Miss Heir. With timeouts for checking the sink of course!"
Screenshot-711.jpg

With heirship settled, the Frio's start planning their new home.

The floorplan has a central living area with two wings. *** a special thanks to MrsFlynn with Build details below***

Originally the right wing had an open area off the hall but the Frio's added a large 2nd master with en suite bath that will have a connecting door to the nursery, which will also have a 2nd door to the main living area. Convenient for other adults to tend future generations without disturbing anyone trying to get some sleep!

In the hall is a bath with laundry center and the staircase to the lower level.

The left wing has two additional bedrooms, both large enough for double beds, and a shared bath between them.
Screenshot-705.jpg

Here's the house furnished with a  kitchen/dining area by the back deck and the living room in the middle and a computer/reading nook to the left of the front entryway.

Carly and Desmond chose the back left bedroom and put their stamp on it with their favorite color orange!

Shawn announced that Mia's room would be the 2nd bedroom in the left wing, while he said he'd be sleeping in the fairy house.

No one said a word at the unspoken, 'for now', that was echoing throughout the room.

The attraction Shawn and Mia have for each other is so strong everyone feels it and they all know it's only a matter of time before Shawn and Mia form a permanent relationship.
Screenshot-176.jpg

JoAnna and Crewe chose the newly created master suite with the floaty bed that JoAnna loves so much. She knows that a grandchild will be close by in the nursery one day, but it's too soon to be dropping hints about that, besides the house is full. Their master bath already has touches of yellow, so she's thinking of adding some in their bedroom soon.

Janeva and Carl chose the 2nd master suite that had Grandma's four poster bed in it and matched the wallpaper to it  as it was in a shade of blue that was pleasing to both of them.
Screenshot-175.jpg

The lower level was a blank canvas as well.
Screenshot-706.jpg

The Frio's all loved keeping the space open so the only thing they enclosed was a bathroom next to the workout area.

Crewe, Desmond, and Mia are all Athletic so when the Climbing Wall is in use, or there's bad weather, this area gives them a nice indoor alternative to expend their excessive energy on.

Then they placed their multitude of belongings throughout the space.

The center area is for music, which is where Carly will be spending most of her time as she strives to reach her One Sim Band LTW. Shawn will be joining her occasionally to work on his guitar skill as he wants to master both painting and guitar for his Master of the Arts LTW. Carl is a Virtuoso too so he'll be joining in every chance he gets.

Several easels grace the upper back wall for Crewe and Shawn to express their artistic selves on.

There's a gaming area in the left front area with a foosball and dominoes table.

The right front area has a video game system and two comfy chairs.

A reading area, fairy house, and drafting table are in the back right corner with bottles of nectar aging in racks nearby, compliments of Logan and Sasha's long ago trip to France.

An inventing table is nestled against the back wall of the staircase with a logic table close by to make those all-important potions.
Screenshot-720.jpg

Carly heads for the music area first thing and starts playing the bass as her Dad listens nearby, tapping his foot to her beat.
Screenshot-734.jpg

Shawn christens one of the easels with his first painting here in Riverview.
Screenshot-733.jpg

Evie does a bit of calisthenics to limber up after the flight and car ride while Shawn quickly puts down his brush to flirt with Mia!
Screenshot-183.jpg

Their hot tub is placed near the pool in the backyard off the covered porch.

The grill is nearby as well as a couple of lounge chairs to enjoy the lazy summer days.

The covered porch shades the chess table, 2 more easels, and the family chests.
Screenshot-727.jpg

As the afternoon wears on and the sun sinks lower in the sky, Evie relaxes in the hot tub.

She's the one that was always using it in IP and she hasn't lost her fondness for it!

A paparazzi has already tracked them down and is taking advantage by using the pool!
Screenshot-267.jpg

Mia asks him to leave so she can use the pool in peace and she squeals with delight as her tail appears!

Mia *excitedly* "I changed in the pool!"

Dee: "Oh, I'm so glad Mia. I had salt water on standby in case it didn't work with regular. It did for Salty back in IP, but I didn't want to take any chances. It's not been 48 hours though so too soon to tell if the amulet will really work."
Screenshot-174.jpg

Crewe keeps his promise to Logan and Sasha and makes a long distance call.

Crewe: "Mom and dad, we're all here safe and sound here in Riverview and the house is coming along well. It's a real nice place with plenty of space for all eight of us. Our furniture looks terrific here and we've even used quite a few pieces that were in storage as their wasn't space for them in the IP house. *quietly* "We've even set up a nursery with two cribs, even though it's too soon for that! Jo and I are looking forward to grandchildren but not to the other couples moving out. Plenty of time for that!"

Logan/Sasha *excitedly* "But who's the heir couple!?"

Crewe: "I'm sure you guessed, but I'll confirm it for you. Carly and Desmond! Not that either of the other two couples couldn't have handled it, but they didn't really want it. Both Evie and Carl will have fulltime careers and want to focus on those. You two did both with no problem, but not a special ops mission, so I guess Evie has a good reason for turning it down. And Shawn and Mia's relationship is so new and Mia's seen so little of the world, they just want to focus on each other and their LTW's. Carly was the one that had her heart set on heirship and she and Des had lots of qualities that made them a great choice! Even though Des is in on the special ops mission, he feels comfortable enough with a supporting role in both the mission and heirship."

Sasha: "Not to mention that The Watcher was partial to having a female heir again. The first blonde in the main line who had a boyfriend with unique turquoise hair!"

Crewe: *laughing* "That did weigh in on the scales a lot! The Watcher has done good by us and I hate to disappoint her."

Logan/Sasha: "She sure has! No complaints there. Thanks for calling Crewe. We miss all of you already! Oh, before we forget, check your phone. Nathan Rocha sent us some special pictures and I'm sure he sent them to you too!"
Screenshot-179.jpg

Crewe excitedly checks his phone and sure enough he sees a picture of the newest Rocha!

Nathan's text: Clarissa and I are parents again! We couldn't be more thrilled!

Here's little Aren, who's brave and athletic. He's got Clarissa's coloring and is already showing signs of genie powers.
Screenshot-681.jpg

And his twin, our first daughter, Lakshmi, who's Friendly and Loves the Outdoors!

She's the spitting image of her mother but no genie powers. Not yet, anyway!

Hope everything is going well in your new town!

Your parents have been very excited about the journey continuing but I can tell they miss all of you.

Take care and keep in touch my friend! I owe my happiness to you and your family and wish you all the best.
Screenshot-682.jpg

Desmond finally takes a moment for his makeover and bio.

First, we choose this for his everyday,  as I'm attracted to the blue shirt the same color as his hair.

Desmond Torres---young adult human
LTW: International Super Spy
Career: Law Enforcement ---level 1 snitch
Traits: Loser, Genius, Eco-friendly, Easily Impressed, Athletic
Fav's: Kids' music, veggi rolls, orange
GF: Carly Frio

Being part of the heir couple he's already so NOT a loser!
But it may affect his promotions in his career, so he'll just have to work extra hard.
Screenshot-164.jpg

But with it being summer, he changes his mind and chooses this outfit.

I even let him add an orange t-shirt, just a small bit though, as I think it could be a bit overpowering with his hair!
Screenshot-270.jpg

I let him go a bit more wild with orange for his athletic gear!

But I think it works well with the black and doesn't clash as much as I thought it would.
Screenshot-273.jpg

And his default pj's were already perfect!

Bold orange flames that show off his well-toned physique!
Screenshot-272.jpg

While Evie is gazing around the house taking it all in, Mia's searching for an opening at the local Military base.

Dee: "Really, you want to be in the military?"

Mia: "Oh, yes, as long as I can remember I've wanted to go to the stars. I would watch them from the ocean, so bright and sparkly in the sky. Sometimes looking so close I could just reach out and touch them! Oh, they have a opening----it's starts at the bottom, Latrine Cleaner. That doesn't sound like much fun, but it gets my foot in the door! I hope they don't have any exclusions about mermaids!"

Dee: "They better not! And you won't be in mermaid form when you're at work, so it shouldn't make any difference at all."
Screenshot-737.jpg

With Mia's disclosure of her lifelong dream, I decide I better check out her complete stats and get her bio and makeover done.

And I find her outside, doing this!

But it's too late to stop her as the sparkles have already begun.
Screenshot-230.jpg

It doesn't change her look much but she's aged down to young adult.

Mia: "Hello, Watcher. I feel much better about young Shawn as I am young now too! I was too close to elder years for my own comfort and Shawn's father told me about the magic pink potion to make me young!"

Dee: "He did, did he? Well, it was something that was necessary. You've waited a long time for your life to begin Mia, so I don't begrudge you the extra days."
Screenshot-241.jpg

And then she says, "But there must be more of them! Shawn's mother told me of a special lamp I need to find in one of the chests. Then I must rub it and ask the genie for longer life!"

Dee: "The elder Frio generation is being very helpful, I see!"

Mia *guilelessly* "Oh, yes, so very helpful to me. They are being so kind and welcoming. Giving me a room, allowing me the use of the pool. They tell me always to make myself at home. *frowning a bit* "But I do not know exactly what this 'make myself at home' means really. Do you?"

Dee: *gently* "It's their way of saying you are free to use everything in the house for your comfort and enjoyment, without having to ask for permission. They are telling you that you belong Mia. You chose to take a big risk and leave your Island home to be with Shawn, so you are part of their family now."

Mia: *amazed* "Part of their family? Oh, I have never been part of a family or belonged before! I must find that lamp and get the extra days to stay with them as long as I can!"

With that she starts rummaging around until she finds a genie lamp in one dusty corner and carefully places it on the porch floor.
Screenshot-243.jpg

She then gets up her courage and summons the genie and quickly asks for longer life.

Her wish is granted immediately and she sparkles and glows with genie magic!

But I can see that it's been a long day for her already and we decide to do her makeover and bio after she gets some rest.

After all, it's not every day that you leave the only town you ever knew, unpack, get your first job, try out the pool, drink and unknown potion and have a young again birthday, then meet a genie and double your lifespan!

It'd be a lot to deal with for any sim and our Mia's a mermaid that's just recently left her ocean.

A sweet, honest, live-in-the-moment mermaid that will undoubtedly be a wonderful addition to the Frio family!
Screenshot-263.jpg

That was one long day for Mia and all the rest of the Frio family.

The house is becoming a home and they are ready to settle in and enjoy their new town.

Will Carl find a beach to continue his Lifeguard career? Buy a lot and make one? Or choose a different LTW and career?

Will Evie and Des have any success on their special ops mission?

Will there be engagements and weddings soon?

Will sleepy little Riverview hold any surprises for them?

Find out in Chapter 72-- A Makeover, Careers, and a Marriage
Coming soon.

***Build details--Original Build created by MrsFlynn[Created Oct. 2018]
Lot size and name 40x30-Glenn
Description: 4Bds3ba
Price on lot: $27,045
Built on: 2400 Pinochle Point, SV
Unique things: 1-story with open basement for easy room additions
Patch version: 1.67--compatible with future patch releases
May include items from Base Game and Ambitions (attic windows)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »

Chapter 72-- A Makeover, Careers, and a Marriage

With some rest and her other needs met, Mia's finally ready for her make-over and bio.

Her hair is perfect for her the way it is and her make-up just needs a more intense red lipstick to match her hair.

She likes her everyday dress but says the flip flops are killing her feet.

So we decide it's best to let her go barefoot, especially since it's summer.

Mia Azul---- young adult mermaid (after drinking young again potion!)
LTW: Become an Astronaut
Career: Military (joined up in Riverview)
Traits: Hot-headed, Hopeless Romantic, Athletic, Angler, Lucky
Fav's: Classical, Kelp, and Dark Blue
RI: Shawn Frio
Screenshot-253.jpg

Mia's mostly known the summer season living in Paradise, with it's very brief Spring, Fall, and Winter seasons, and is only accustomed to rain showers.

So she's eager to experience all four seasons here in Riverview.

For Spring and Fall she chooses this for everyday.
Screenshot-246.jpg

And she picks this for her Winter outerwear with classic white boots.
Screenshot-250.jpg

Carl changed his LTW to Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers to pursue his love of music and take advantage of all the charisma skill that he built up in his brief lifeguarding career in IP.

He did a lot of soul searching before settling on a career in music, but he knew a LTW and career change was a must as Riverview has no beach. He toyed with the idea of using his inheritance to buy a piece of property and build one, but he didn't even find an area that would even be remotely suitable for the purpose.

But he's happy with his choice and starts building his guitar skill right away as he'd been focusing on drums previously.

Carly is only too happy to help him out as she works on her piano skill.
Screenshot-109.jpg

But apparently Mia's been sharing her experience with the Genie in the lamp or the elder Frios having been helping out again!

As I find Desmond out back being filled with the Genie magic for longer life.
Screenshot-65.jpg

And not one to be left out, Carl glows with extended life the same as the other two!
Screenshot-96.jpg

JoAnna gets an invitation to try lunch at the local Bistro and she takes the opportunity to meet some of the residents.

She's already impressing the local paparazzi!
Screenshot-67.jpg

But she's a bit more intrigued when she sees an older woman dressed in a stylish fur coat!

The coat looks expensive but a bit warm for summer and Jo can't resist introducing herself.

Jo: "Good evening, I'm JoAnna Frio. My family and I just moved to Riverview. It looks like a lovely town and we're eager to meet local residents like yourself."

Riverview resident: *looking a bit put out at first* "I see. *But recognition dawns and she quickly adds:* "Oh, you're THAT JoAnna Frio. I'm always eager to meet prominent new citizens! You have that amazing blog about Paradise and your husband is that famous sports writer. I'm not much into sports or reading books, but I love meeting famous people like myself! Welcome to our quaint little town. I'm Margaret Bagley, but I'm well-known here so everyone calls me 'Ma'."
Screenshot-71.jpg

Jo: *excited at being recognized* "Oh, why thank you, I'm flattered that you follow my blog and know my husband is a writer! We're here with all three of our grown children and their significant others. Our eldest daughter Janeva and her fiancé, Carl Ichtaca. Then our twins, daughter Carly and her BF, Desmond Torres, and our son, Shawn and his new romance, Mia Azul. You said everyone here calls you 'Ma', I'm assuming you have a husband and children as well?"

Ma Bagley: *a bit sadly* I'm a widow now, lost my poor Sam a few years back. *brightening* But I have two devoted children. My daughter Rhoda and my son Sherman. It's nice to hear that your family has chosen to associate with the Ichtaca and Torres families from Isla Paradiso. It's best to keep the classes distinct. Too bad your children are already taken, we could have been in-laws if one of them had gotten together with mine! But that shouldn't stop us from being the best of friends. What part of town did you settle down in?"

Jo: *still trying to absorb the classes comment* "Oh, we had a house built on that empty lot across from a Mr. Lessen. We haven't had a chance yet to meet our neighbors, but we're hoping to soon. I thought maybe we could introduce ourselves to the town with a pool party on Leisure day! Do you think others would be interested?"

Ma Bagley *with even more dollar signs floating around inside her head* "Oh, that sounds like a wonderful idea, my dear! I will do the honors of accepting for my family and I'm sure the discerning residents of the town wouldn't hesitate to attend such a prestigious event."
Screenshot-75.jpg

JoAnna hurries home and tells everyone about the impending pool party.

She and Evie grab a couple of cookbooks to decide on a menu besides the required hamburgers and hot dogs.
Screenshot-84.jpg

And Carly meets another resident after shopping at the bookstore for some new songs.

A fellow music lover, Ruby Broke.

Carly: "I just loved the scores in that movie! Music really sets the whole mood and tone of each scene."

Roxie: "I agree! It's nice to meet someone interested in music. I need to introduce you to Roxie Lin. She's my guitar teacher and she's very talented and I think she's trying to start a band!"

Carly: "I've been thinking of that too! My brother's playing the guitar now and my sister's fiancé is learning guitar but he's already a great drummer! And I play bass and piano too, so all we needed was a fourth member. Roxie sounds perfect! I'll have to invite you both over to our house soon."
Screenshot-102.jpg

Carly's so excited about the band idea coming to fruition that she heads downstairs to practice as soon as she gets home.

But before she can start playing, Des grabs her and pulls her close for a romantic kiss!

Carly forgets about anything but being in is arms.
Screenshot-146.jpg

And when he lets her go it's to fall to one knee and propose!

Desmond: "Carly Frio, I've been waiting for the perfect moment to ask you to be my wife and I've realized that any moment we are together IS perfect! I love you and want us to be together as husband and wife, marry me?"

Carly: *tears welling up* "Oh, Des, I love you too! Of course, I'll marry you!"
Screenshot-156.jpg

But once Des turns away to head upstairs, Carly's so overwhelmed by his proposal, she lets her tears falls!

She knows it's her Dramatic trait kicking in and she doesn't want to worry Des with a waterfall of tears.

Carly *thinking* He's so handsome in his uniform and I love him so much---I always knew we'd get married some day, but really being engaged is so amazing I can't hold the tears back.*
Screenshot-162.jpg

And I am happily surprised when both Crewe and JoAnna pop wishes to see Janeva get married!

And then Janeva pops marry Carl soon afterward!

Carl's off work on Wednesday and Thursday is Leisure Day so everyone will have the day off for the pool party.

So we plan a small family wedding ceremony for late Wednesday afternoon, once Mia, Evie, and Des get home from work.

Even though it's just a family affair, Jo and Evie make it special using touches of Evie's and Carl's favorite colors, turquoise and aqua.
Screenshot-171.jpg

JoAnna decides it's time to give up her wedding dress in favor of her first mother-of-the-bride dress.

Since it's warm, she picks out this beautiful halter-style formal in her favorite yellow with a matching bow in her upswept-do!
Screenshot-165.jpg

All dressed in their formals, the other couples pick up on the romantic vibe in the house.

Shawn takes Mia's hand, tells her how beautiful she looks and asks her to be his steady girl!

Mia smiles and says, 'yes'!"
Screenshot-193.jpg

Carly and Desmond share a romantic moment.

Des: *softly* "Should we tell them we got engaged?"

Carly: *whispering back* "Not yet. Today's Evie and Carl's day, besides I want to keep it to ourselves a bit longer."
Screenshot-183.jpg

When she checks on Evie, Jo sees her daughter's a bit nervous and tells her a funny story about cooking one of her first meals as a new wife!

Evie can't help but laugh and relax at the thought of her Mom making steaks for her Spaghetti with Veggie Sauce Dad!
Screenshot-178.jpg

Then mother and daughter share a warm hug, the last one before Evie becomes a wife!

Jo *a bit tearfully* "I know we haven't always seen eye-to-eye to Evie, but I want you to know that I've always respected your convictions and choices. And I've always loved you! Today is a special day. One of the most special in your whole life. And the only advice I want to pass on is for you to remember to do all things with love and respect. Love and respect yourself, Carl, your family, the children you may have, your neighbors, your co-workers, and your world. If you can do that, everything else will fall into place."

Evie *choking up* "Oh, Mom! I've always known you and dad loved me! Our house has always been full of love and respect for one another.  I learned how to love Carl by watching you and dad and Grandma and Grandpa Frio!
And I promise to do my best to carry on those traditions."
Screenshot-181.jpg

And then it's time! They all head outside as Carl and Evie take their places under the arch.

Evie's lost her nervousness and takes her place near Carl a confident and happy bride!

Carl proudly gazes at the beautiful woman about to become his wife.
Screenshot-203.jpg

The sun is lowering in the sky and it's a perfect evening for a wedding.

The ceremony begins as everyone stands and claps and a few of them allow a tear or two to fall.
Screenshot-207.jpg

They have chosen traditional vows that have graced weddings since time immemorial.

But Evie has her mother's words ringing in her ears and improvises just a bit.

Janeva: "I, Janeva, take thee, Carl, to be my husband, and before The Watcher and these witnesses I promise to do all things in this union with love and respect and to be a faithful and true wife as long as we both shall live."

And Carl voices his vows to her, his schmoozer self adding just a little bit of flair to his words.

Carl: "I, Carl, take thee, Janeva, to be my wife, and before The Watcher and these witnesses I promise to love and cherish this beautiful woman who has consented to be my wife and to be a faithful and true husband to the end of my days."

With their vows completed they seal their union with their first kiss as man and wife!
Screenshot-215.jpg

Evie and Carl cut the cake as their family extends congratulations in keeping with their personalities.

Carly and Mia cheering loudly being Dramatic and Hopelessly Romantic.

Shawn with a brotherly smile as his Good Sense of Humor shows itself.

But Crewe and JoAnna watch solemnly and proudly as befits parents of the bride watching their eldest child marry and taking that first step towards a family of her own.
Screenshot-220.jpg

And the wedding festivities end with all the couples slow dancing to their favorite songs.

These three couples looking amazing in their formalwear!

The beautiful bride and handsome groom, Janeva and Carl Ichtaca.

Heir Carly and her Dashing Desmond of the turquoise hair.

And Suave Shawn with his Miraculous Mermaid, Mia.
Screenshot-244.jpg

Relationships are progressing nicely here in Riverview.

Janeva and Carl got married.

Carly and Desmond got engaged and Shawn and Mia are going steady.

We all know what that means-----more weddings on the horizon!

And wishes for grandchildren from Crewe and JoAnna!

As gorgeous as these three couples are, I'm even more anxious to see the next generation.

But first we have Leisure Day and a getting-to-know-the-neighborhood Pool Party!

Join us for Chapter 73-- Meeting Riverview Residents
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2019, 11:51:23 AM »
Chapter 73-- Meeting Riverview Residents

Before the evening ends, Evie just has to admire her wedding band one more time.

The look on her face is priceless! I would think so as she jumped out of bed in her outerwear and her ring would be under her gloves!

Insane sims, ya just gotta love 'em!
Screenshot-253.jpg

And Jo comes in to chat a bit about how Evie's case is going.

Jo: "Any arrests yet honey?"

Evie: *turning professional* "I can't really tell you much Mom, most of it's classified. The family  probably knows more than you should already. We've got a few leads were working on, but nothing substantial yet."

Jo: "Well, don't be discouraged. We've only been here  a few days and I know you'll do your best to solve it as quickly as possible. But for now, enjoy your days off. I'm actually sorry I brought it up. I don't know what I was thinking! You go find Carl and spend some time in the hot tub, you always like that."
Screenshot-257.jpg

But Evie's preoccupied with her case now that her mom brought it to her attention.

It's late, but she has an idea.

She sneaks across the road but there's no trash can outside the gate at the Lessen residence.

She heads farther down the street and bingo----a trashcan at the Shallow's and the house is dark.

She glances around one more time and then dives into the trash can!

She finds some papers and quickly heads home to read them over.
Screenshot-272.jpg

Pay dirt--- those papers had incriminating evidence against Kurt Shallow!

Evie types up her findings in a report and, since she doesn't go back to work for four days, she sends it off to her boss' encrypted e-mail.

No need for the case to be stopped while she's on her honeymoon.

She would have loved to go someplace special, and Carl even suggested Egypt, where the founding Frios, Claire and Jared, had spent their honeymoon.

But Evie was just grateful for the few days off around Leisure Day since both her and Carl had new jobs.

Leisure Day! It's tomorrow which is fast approaching.

Evie decides she better hunt down her new husband and head off to bed.
Screenshot-278.jpg

She finds Carl practicing Charisma in front of the mirror and persuades him that as newlyweds they have much more interesting ways for him to gain Charisma than with the mirror!
Screenshot-275.jpg

And Carl's not the only one focusing on LTW skills.

Carly's putting her whole body and soul into maximizing the guitar.

Every cord, every riff, every soulful note she can wring from it, she does!
Screenshot-276.jpg

And Mia is building up her Athletic skill to progress in her military career.
Screenshot-274.jpg

While Des decides he'd love to learn the gardening skill and grabs a few plants out of the family chests.

He can only plant basic types of plants, apple trees, tomatoes, lettuce, and some herbs, but he gains a skill point and is satisfied with his work.

I would have been more impressed if he'd changed out of his formalwear beforehand!
Screenshot-273.jpg

And the next day dawns warm and sunny, a beautiful day for a pool party.

Mia and Des are enjoying the pool already with the first guests, while Carl is taking a turn down the slide.

Ma Bagley and Ruby Broke don't even seem surprised by Mia's purple tail!

Maybe they haven't noticed it yet?! Or are just too polite to say something?! Probably too shocked more than anything, though Ma is probably trying to figure out a way to turn this information into a profit making scheme!
Screenshot-23.jpg

Evie's co-workers, George Dean and Sherman Bagley,  relax in the lounge chairs as the maid, Jane Dotner, sees if they want refreshments.

JoAnna is cooking up a batch of veggie burgers and tofu hot dogs on the grill to go with the other dishes the guests brought.
Screenshot-22.jpg

Jo greets Ma Bagley and thanks her for coming and bringing Sherman, though she's disappointed that Rhoda couldn't make it.

Jo: "Oh, we were looking forward to meeting your daughter. But you were right, a lot of our neighbors and co-workers were happy to join us for this party! It's great getting to meet so many of Riverview's residents."

Ma Bagley: "Oh, with your celebrity status my dear, no one who's anyone would want to miss THIS party! It's a wonderful opportunity to meet such ri…um, distinguished new residents and welcome you to the town. *hurriedly changing the subject* And your food is just delicious---I just finished off the best veggie burger I've ever had!"

Jo: *excited by the compliment* "Why thank you! Now that my blog is established, I've had a chance to work on my cooking skill and it's really paid off---I've even made a few perfect meals!"
Screenshot-48.jpg

Other guests and co-workers are inside enjoying the food and chatting with each other.

Some of the notable guests are Odin Crosby (left end), Hunter Cottoneye (standing), and Hal Breckenridge and Ruby Broke (this side).

As well as Jon Lessen (behind Hunter) and George Dean (standing) that we saw outside earlier with
Jane the maid being told to help herself to a plate and join the party.

Ruby's happy to discuss everyone's career, while Jon raves about the food!
Screenshot-32.jpg

Then they head downstairs to listen to some music, but Evie seems to be causing something of a sensation!

Apparently Ma Bagley was right about the Frio's celebrity status being a big draw.
Screenshot-6.jpg

It looks like Sherman is star struck with Evie too or maybe he just wants to discuss their case.

While Don Lothario is still preoccupied by food or possibly waiting for the bathroom, maybe both?

But Carly can't wait to meet Roxie Lin and find out if she's serious about being in a band.

Carly: "Oh, it's great to meet you Roxie. I've heard you have a wonderful talent for the guitar and we're thinking about starting a band. Let's jam and see if we like the sound!"

Roxie: "That's a great idea. If we sound good together, I'm in!"
Screenshot-11.jpg

So while the rest of the party is outside chatting, relaxing, or heading back to the pool, like JoAnna and Jon Lessen…
Screenshot-35.jpg

The Friolins are born, with Carl on drums, Shawn on bass, Roxie on guitar, and Carly on piano!

Des stands nearby enjoying their great sound but secretly wishing there was room for a 5th person in the band.

And with her dream of a band coming true, Roxie can't help but think…BEST PARTY EVER!!!
Screenshot-64.jpg

And Riverview residents aren't the only guests tonight.

Jared never could resist a party!

Jared: "Nice place, nice night, and some nice tunes! And wait for it…..thunk! Makes me laugh every time!"

Dee: "Thunk? What are you talking about?"

Jared: *laughing* "Turn around!"
Screenshot-75.jpg

Dee: "No not….Sam…for goodness sake! Aren't you used to ghosts yet? It's been years now!"

Jared *still laughing* "Once a coward always a coward!"

Dee: "Jared! You are NOT helping!"

Jared: "Then my work here is done!" And with those words, he floats off to torment someone else!
Screenshot-78.jpg

And once Sam recovers, I find him safely inside in the very empty nursery.

Dee: "You okay Sam?"

Sam *embarrassed* "I wish I could stop doing that! It was bad enough when I was alive, but being a ghost now myself it's just ridiculous!"

Dee *frowning* "It is kind of odd. But I don't think your ghostly self has any affect on your Coward trait, unfortunately. So it's not really you, it's the trait! You can't change that anymore than you can change your eye color. Not in this reality anyway."

Sam *thinks that over* "That actually makes me feel better. There was nothing I could do about it before so what makes me think it would change now. But it still burns a little that Jared gets such a laugh about it!"

Dee: "Well, he doesn't have much choice either, he's Mean-spirited AND Inappropriate!"

Sam: *nodding* "And that makes me feel even better! He's just as much a slave to his traits as I am! And his are worse than mine!"

Dee: "And by some miracle, we've all survived them! Have a good night Sam."

Sam: "You too Watcher, you too."
Screenshot-80.jpg

And the Frios continue to introduce themselves around town.

JoAnna's favorite spot is the Bistro and we find her and Crewe chatting with a few residents after enjoying a great lunch together.
Screenshot-83.jpg

While the Friolins jam together in front of the theater.
Screenshot-91.jpg

And Evie's learning more about some of the towns criminal element.

Her investigation has led her to this out of the way farmhouse.

After some close surveillance she's determined the coast is clear and she gets down and dirty to find the incriminating evidence they need.
Screenshot-128.jpg

And later that evening, Evie meets with her partner, George Dean.

Evie *whispering* "Did the information I sent to the Captain help George? I would hate to think I got this promotion and then let everyone down!"
Screenshot-105.jpg

George *excitedly* "It was just the lead we needed Evie! But poor Sherman---his worst fears have been confirmed! We can't use the patrol cars but several special ops personnel are on the job tonight. With just a little more evidence we can crack this case wide open!"
Screenshot-111.jpg

Evie: "I can't wait to get these criminals cuffed and put away for good!"

George: "You and me too Evie. Riverview's always been a nice town and I want to make it safe for our citizens again!"
Screenshot-113.jpg

Evie's case is coming along nicely with arrests any minute and the Frios are settling into their new town and home.

But what's coming up next?

What could beat a pool party in the new town?

A bachelor party of course!

But who's our lucky man?

Find out in Chapter 74-- Party Time and Alone Time
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
Chapter 74-- Party Time and Alone Time

And our man of the hour is Desmond!

Carl's pretty focused on the dancing girls, but seems like Jon and Des are wondering if that's appropriate!

Well, as long as it's only watching, no harm done.
Screenshot-118.jpg

A couple of the guests, Don and Hal, relax in the hot tub.

Don: *contentedly* "I could get used to this! This place has everything a guy could ask for!"

Hal *with a laugh* "Including engagements and weddings?!"

Don *with a smirk* "Oh, there are ways to get around that!"

Hal *perking up* "Hey, I hear music, let's see what's going on inside!"
Screenshot-102.jpg

Des asks Shawn to give the toast.
Screenshot-133.jpg

And Evie gets home as the party is winding down.

Well, the dancing girls have finished their routine anyway.
Screenshot-134.jpg

And JoAnna and Carly join them as well, listening to Carl's new song.
Screenshot-135.jpg

While Des finally grabs a plate, everyone else dances to Carl's guitar.

And Crewe and JoAnna show off their moves as they dance together.
Screenshot-142.jpg

With his solo over, Carl chats with Evie about his music career and a surprise.

Carl *excitedly* "I really love the direction my career's going in Evie. And with Carly and Des' wedding coming up, I think it's time."

Evie: "Time? Time for what?"

Carl: "It's a surprise, and I'll show you first thing in the morning! Promise!"
Screenshot-152.jpg

And boy is Evie surprised!

Evie: *confused* "This is a cute place Carl, but who lives here?"

Carl: *triumphantly* "We do my darling! Your parents helped me pick it out as a surprise for you! I've been busting to tell you for days!"

Evie: *shocked* "Our own place Carl! Oh, I love it!"

And she heads inside to check it out.
Screenshot-157.jpg

Carl *excitedly* "It's called Ivar House*** and it's by the same architect as Glenn House---MrsFlynn. Here's an overview of the house that the realtor gave me. It has 2 masters with attached baths, a kid's room, and a separate nursery on the left side. And a huge eat-in kitchen with bar area on the right back with a door to the deck and an inground pool and hot tub. And a living room in the right front with the original fireplace. And the entry hall opens up into a large living space that has the stairs to the open basement, a computer area, and a grand piano!"

Evie: "Oh Carl, it's perfect. So big with a pool and you know I love hot tub time! And everything is decorated so nicely! You all did a great job picking it out."
Screenshot-2.jpg

Then they stroll through the house checking out all the rooms.

First the kitchen and dining area.
Screenshot-61.jpg

With the bar alcove.
Screenshot-59.jpg

The central laundry room.
Screenshot-50.jpg

The master in the left back.
Screenshot-56.jpg

The master guest room off the entry.
Screenshot-64.jpg

The kids room.
Screenshot-41.jpg

And last but not least, the nursery.
Screenshot-43.jpg

Evie: *with a catch in her breath* "The nursery is in our aqua/turquoise Carl!"

Carl: *smiling* "Yes, I knew you'd love that! I told your parents we'd invite them over once we got settled in."

But Evie has other ideas.

Evie: "We can invite Mom and Dad over later. *then she blows him a kiss saying* "It's just me and you right now! And you did mention a nursery…."

Carl: *swooning* "My thoughts are only of you sweetheart!"
Screenshot-175.jpg

Later on, they do invite JoAnna and Crewe over.

Jo admires the portraits in the entry and  Carl and Evie are having their own conversation about his latest show.
Screenshot-171.jpg

While Crewe takes advantage of the empty living room and gets some exercise in.
Screenshot-170.jpg

And then Jo and Evie chat a bit while Jo catches her favorite TV sitcom.

Evie: "I hope Carl didn't spend too much of his money on this place Mom! Everything looks top of the line."

Jo: "Oh, this place is our wedding present to both of you dear! From the whole family. Carl's inheritance is still safe and sound in the bank. *glancing away* To be used for your family, when it arrives! Not that we're pushing Evie! That will happen when you and Carl are ready…"

Evie *smiling* "We're ready Mom! Once I saw that beautiful nursery, I just knew it was time!"

Jo *tears welling* "Oh, Evie, you'll be a great Mom!"

Evie: "I learned from the best!"

And they sit their contentedly, with both of them lost in their thoughts of motherhood.
Screenshot-181.jpg

And with the place to themselves, Shawn and Mia spend some alone time in the hot tub.

Mia: *kissing him and murmuring* "The parties have been nice, but I'm glad we're alone now Shawn."

There's no need for Shawn to speak just kiss her back in agreement!
Screenshot-161.jpg

And they continue their romance inside.

Dancing, kissing, lost in each others arms, aware of only the two of them.
Screenshot-165.jpg

And Mia's so sure of her feelings for Shawn that she asks JoAnna for his hand!

And Jo gladly gives her blessing.

Mia *all excited* "I am so happy that you want me in your family. And I did this correctly? Asking for Shawn's hand?"

Shawn painting right next to them, can't help smiling and waiting for his Mom's answer.

JoAnna *sincerely* "It was perfect Mia! We ARE your family now and with your marriage you will carry the Frio name as well, just like I do. Shawn is blessed to have your love and the honor of having you as his wife!"
Screenshot-200.jpg

Later that evening Shawn and Mia spend some more time together.

Carly plays an encouraging love song, but these two hardly need encouraging!

Their love is so strong, their attraction so apparent, that it's obvious that they belong together.
Screenshot-214.jpg

And the same goes for Carl and Evie as they enjoy each others company across town.

They are so focused having only thoughts of each other.
Screenshot-225.jpg

Des had his amazing bachelor party.

Carl and Evie moved into a beautiful home of their own.

And Mia was given Jo's blessing when she asked for Shawn's hand.

So the only question that remains is…..which couple will fill their nursery first!?!

Find out in Chapter 75-- Expecting in Riverview
Coming soon.

***Ivar House*** Special thanks to MrsFlynn for her wonderful shell of this home. The information below is for her original build. All remodeling changes and furnishings are the sole responsibility of the author.

House Information:
---- -- -- ---- -- -- ----
* Name: Ivar
* Bds/Ba: 4Bds/2Ba
* B1 - Price On Lot: $31,348 - Unfurnished
* B2 - Price On Lot: $31,348 - Unfurnished -
* Lot size: 30x30
* Built on: 25 Hidden Grove Lane, Riverview
* Unique Things: 1-Story with open basement. Build 1 has separate rooms for the kitchen and dining rooms and build 2 has a more open kitchen/dining.
==========
Patch Version: 1.67 -- Compatible with future patches.
==========
May includes items from:
Seasons (Doors)

= -= * =-= ~ = -= * =-=
Created By: MrsFlynn
[Created: January.2019]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »
Chapter 75-- Expecting in Riverview

Dee: "Hey, Mia catching a bit of TV? That's unusual for you."

Mia *smiling* "Just resting a bit."

Dee: "Resting? Have you been working on your athletic?"

Mia: "No, working on something much more important."
Screenshot-227.jpg

And with those words she does this!

Dee: "Mia! You and Shawn are expecting! Congratulations!"

Mia: "I'm so happy at the thought of being a mother. I'd like a boy just like my Shawn! I need to find him and let him know the good news!"
Screenshot-231.jpg

So she heads downstairs to find Shawn but meets Carly coming up who tells her he's not down there.

Carly notices right away and plays a tune for the baby.
Screenshot-233.jpg

Coming into the room, Shawn's a bit shocked when he sees Mia in her motherly condition.
Screenshot-234.jpg

But he recovers quickly and tells Mia how excited he is and how much he loves her.

He doesn't have a preference for a boy or a girl, just wants a happy, healthy, baby and mother.
Screenshot-239.jpg

Later that evening, Mia reads a baby book outside in a rocking chair.

Dee: "Enjoying your book Mia?"

Mia *all excited* "Oh yes! It has such interesting information. It tells me what to eat and how important it is for routine exercise. All things for the baby to be healthy." *she hesitates then confesses* "But I have skipped ahead a bit and the baby being born part looks a little….scary."

Dee: "You'll do just fine Mia. You eat properly and you're in excellent physical shape. There will be some discomfort. They do call it labor, which means work, but you've always been a hard worker. And you could always talk to JoAnna about any specific questions. She had three and she's a couch potato!"

Mia *with a sigh of relief* "Oh, then you are right. I will be just fine! If a couch potato can do it and have such fine children, then my little one should be a breeze!"
Screenshot-247.jpg

And while our expectant mother is reading a baby book, our expectant father is jamming with the Friolins to get some free publicity and get their name out there!

They must sound pretty good with the crowd that's gathering.

Even Jon Lessen has joined in and his stamp of approval could help them out  a lot!
Screenshot-246.jpg

And after he gets back home, I find him in the nursery dressed to the nines and holding Mia tenderly.

Dee: "Going someplace special Shawn?"

Shawn *a little nervously* "No, not going anywhere."
Screenshot-263.jpg

He steps back and drops to one knee and says: "Mia Azul you are my best friend, my girlfriend, the true love of my life, the one carrying my child. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and making me the happiest man on earth?"

Mia *filled with love* "Oh yes, my dear Shawn! To be with you, have our child, and be part of your family forever is my fondest wish."

And with her 'yes' ringing in his ears, Shawn places the ring on her finger.
Screenshot-268.jpg

With the baby expected soon, they don't wait to exchange rings and vows but do so on the spot.

Mia: "I give you this ring to wear as a symbol of my abiding love, my eternal faith, and my undying devotion. It is an outward reminder of our inner unity."

Shawn: "With this ring, I marry you and bind my life to yours. It is a symbol of my eternal love, my everlasting friendship,
and the promise of all my tomorrows. ***
Screenshot-276.jpg

And they share their first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Frio!
Screenshot-282.jpg

And we find Jo chatting to Mia about teddy bears and all things baby!

Everyone in the house is excited about this new little one. The first of this generation.
Screenshot-286.jpg

And the next day Jo's at the library when she gets a call from Evie.

Jo: "Yes, I'll be here awhile. I want to study up on cooking some more. Okay, sweetie, I'll see you soon."
Screenshot-305.jpg

And Jo is thrilled beyond words when she sees Evie in her maternity wear!

She can't resist patting her tummy.
Screenshot-307.jpg

And then she gets her voice back and starts chatting away to another little on-the-way Frio---umm, Ichtaca, but still a Frio!

Jo: *cooing in that voice we use for unborn nooboos* "And Nana will teach you how to walk and buy you the cutest little shoes and toys."

Evie *staring at her Mom* "Mom, you are too funny! But I like the idea of the little one calling you Nana. You don't seem like a Grandma or a Mémé. Nana is perfect!"
Screenshot-311.jpg

And while Jo's busy with Evie, Crewe and Shawn are panicking over Mia!

Shawn: "DO something dad! Help her!"

Crewe: "ME?! Like what? Check the sink?!"

Mia *puff, puff, rest, puff, puff, rest* "You two are NOT helping! Maybe you should go check the sink Mr. Frio! Shawn go help him!"
Screenshot-325.jpg

Crewe and Shawn don't hesitate do to what they're told, especially if it means leaving the room!

And with the panicking men out of the way, Mia works through her labor until she's happily cradling her daughter!

Dee: "I know you had hoped for a boy Mia. Did you pick out a girl's name?"

Mia *smiling down at the baby* "There is only one name that I can use. Ariel, of course!"

Everyone meet Ariel Frio, a mermaid who's inherited traits from both her Dad and Papa!

Crewe's Neurotic trait and Shawn's Genius one.

I guess Mia didn't get Crewe out of the room quick enough!
Screenshot-342.jpg

I follow her upstairs and as she puts little Ariel in her crib, more sparkles appear as she delivers their son!

Shawn is obviously thrilled with both children as he cheers wildly!

Shawn: "Wow, twins just like me and Carly, a girl first and then a boy. You are so amazing Mia! We're parents!"
Screenshot-343.jpg

Mia *with a smile* "Yes, parents of twins! And I wanted a boy just like you. Do you still like the name Aidan?"

Shawn: "Yes, I liked your idea of using our common letter to name our child, children! And look at his sparkles! He's a fairy like me but he has your beautiful ivory skin! And he's got family traits too. He Loves the Heat like Aunt Natasha and cousin Reagan. And he got Reagan's Heavy Sleeper trait too."

Mia: "And I believe they are both hungry Shawn."
Screenshot-346.jpg

So Mia moves away from Ariel's crib and gives Aidan his first bottle while Shawn holds his daughter and feeds her for the first time.
Screenshot-347.jpg

With Crewe's phone call to Jo, she and Evie rushed back to the house to welcome the new additions.

Evie rocks in the nursery while Jo and Shawn take care of the twins and Mia gets some rest.

Dee: "You're looking pretty solemn Evie. Something on your mind?"

Evie *gulping* "Mia had twins! I know it runs in the family, but I never even considered that possibility!"

Shawn: "If it happened Evie, you'd deal with it. I'm on cloud nine and couldn't be happier!"

Evie *still looking shocked* "But wait until the reality sinks in Shawn with all those feedings and dirty diapers. And you have Mom and Dad and Carly and Des to help out! It's just me and Carl at our house…."
Screenshot-363.jpg

And when Evie calls to give us her baby news, we rush over right away.

She looks pretty serious as she holds her daughter Danica with bright red sparkles floating around her.

Dee: "Oh congratulations Evie! A beautiful, Brave, fairy daughter who's a Couch Potato, like her Nana! But where are they? Your parents, I mean?"

Evie *staring at me and as my question sinks in saying* "Dad's… dad's in the nursery."

Dee: "You're here in the hall with the baby and he's in the nursery? I know he's neurotic Evie, but that's going above and beyond!"
Screenshot-393.jpg

And all is explained when I find Crewe in the nursery holding Danica's older twin sister, Joey!

Crewe *staring at her with awe* "She's a fairy too with pretty pink sparkles with a hint of purple in them. They named her after Jo, which is so sweet! She's a Heavy Sleeper like little Aidan but she also has the Slob family trait. So I think we need to discuss getting Carl and Evie a maid as well as a babysitter!"
Screenshot-397.jpg

And Jo looks a bit shell-shocked too as she holds Danica.

Dee: "You alright Jo? Where's Evie?"

Jo *slowly* "I sent Evie to rest. Even though she was concerned, I never expected HER to have twins too! How will they manage? They both have full time jobs and Evie's on that special ops case…" *panicking* "Oh, she can't put herself in danger with two babies at home!"

Dee: "Calm down Jo! If you start to panic, Evie will too. Just think about this sensibly. Crewe's already brought up getting them maid service along with babysitting services."

Jo *calming down a bit* "Oh, that will help. And we can come over and help out too."

Dee: "Yes, you can. Shawn works from home and so does Carly if he needs a helping hand with his twins. It will work out. And as for Evie's case, she's still got maternity leave and with twins, it will be extended. Her Captain, her team, especially George and Des, will not let her put herself in harm's way when she's back at work."

Jo *letting out a deep breathe* "That's true. I'm panicking for nothing. I guess it was the shock and all. Two sets of twins" *then all excited* "But on the bright side, Crewe and I are only one grandchild away from our 5 grandchildren wishes! And we KNOW Carly and Des will have at least one to be the next heir. Oh my, maybe they'll have twins too!"

Dee: *cautioning her* "Don't say that in front of them! Carly's working so hard on her One Sim Band LTW and jamming with the Friolins whenever they're all free, plus planning her wedding. She doesn't need to think about twins on top of all that! With her being Neurotic and Dramatic, who knows what that would do!"

Jo *sobering at that thought* "You're right. I'll keep all of those exciting Nana thoughts to myself. We certainly don't need Crewe and Carly in panic mode! And Des needs to be focused on his case so he can stay safe too."
Screenshot-404.jpg

And speaking of Des, I find him here on the sidewalk after work.

Dee *grinning* "Showing of your muscles, Des?"

Des *proudly* "Nope, I'm cheering about my promotion and getting the keys to my own squad car! Take that Loser trait!

Dee *laughing* "Now that's the spirit! Don't accept that nasty trait, but do everything you can to defy it and have a great life!"

Des: "Speaking of  a great life---Carly was hoping to set a date for our wedding. And now that I've got this promotion, she'll be marrying Lieutenant Torres very soon!"
Screenshot-358.jpg

Wow, Shawn and Mia had twins, Ariel and Aidan!

Evie and Carl had twin daughters, Joey and Danica!

The Friolins are practicing and waiting for their first gig.

Des got his promotion and a wedding date has been picked.

The following invitation was sent to Riverview families and friends.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Mr. and Mrs. Crewe Frio proudly request your attendance at the marriage of their daughter:

Carly Frio to Desmond Torres

It will be a formal evening ceremony at the Frio home with a reception afterward.

Please join us as witnesses of the beginning of their journey as husband and wife.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I hope all of you will join us for the wedding in Chapter 76-- Carly Days
Coming soon.

***From <https://www.officianteric.com/exchange-of-wedding-rings/>

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »
Chapter 76-- Carly Days

Carly's so excited about Des' promotion and setting a date for their wedding, that she rocks out in the kitchen getting ever closer to maximizing her guitar skill!

She's always so happy and animated when she's playing her guitar, I can't help but smile along with her.
Screenshot-302.jpg

Now that she's reached level 9, she heads to town to get another composition.

She's pleasantly surprised to be asked for her autograph.
Screenshot-402.jpg

Young Susie Broke is so excited to see a celebrity she asks: "Do you have time to play a song Ms. Frio?"

Carly should head home but she can't resist the girl's enthusiasm and plays her a tune.
Screenshot-409.jpg

They're using the same wedding set up as Carl and Evie but in the bride and grooms favorite color, orange.
Screenshot-411.jpg

With the weather cooling off, Jo chooses a gown a bit warmer with flowing half-sleeves.

Dee: "Why are your eyes closed Jo?"

Jo *contentedly* "Just relishing the moment of being the mother of the bride again. My motherly duties are coming to a close but my Nana time is just beginning! With Shawn's twins and Evie's twins becoming toddlers soon, it's a special time loving them and helping their parents teach them their skills. We are so blessed Watcher!"

Dee: "I agree. Riverview has been a wonderful town so far and it's early weeks yet. But I think I hear the guests arriving, we better get outside before we miss it!"
Screenshot-412.jpg

With Carly in town so long, there wasn't even time for a mother/daughter chat before the ceremony.

The guests were all gathered and Carly and Des take their places beneath the wedding arch.

They exchange rings and heartfelt vows that they've written themselves.

Desmond: "I take thee Carly, for my wife, now and always, to love and cherish you, to honor and respect you, to care for you in sickness, and rejoice with you in health, to have and to hold you close to my heart, to cry and laugh with you, to love you and the children of our union more than myself, to the end of our days."

Carly: "I take thee Desmond, for my husband, with my mind full of love and respect for you, with my heart wide open to hold all the love we share today and all the love that will grow between us from this day forward, to consider your wishes and dreams and those of our children and to help them come true always and forever."
Screenshot-426.jpg

And they kiss as the crowd claps, cheers, and sheds a few tears.

Rose petals are thrown over the new Mr. and Mrs. Frio!
Screenshot-432.jpg

Crewe looks on with a happy heart as his youngest daughter takes this momentous step.

No nerves for him on this occasion! He knows Carly and Desmond share a love that knows no bounds and are a perfect match.
Screenshot-444.jpg

The bride cuts the cake so the party can begin.

Carly *cautioning her new husband* "No smashing it in my face Des!"

Des *laughing* "Okay, not THIS time!"
Screenshot-453.jpg

And then Shawn and Carl break out their guitars and start jamming out a rocking beat!

Jo listens to their sound and can't even find anything to critique them about it sounds so good.
Screenshot-460.jpg

After the guests have all gone, the bride and groom take a moment for themselves.

Carly *gazing at Des* "This is the happiest day of my life Des, becoming your wife!"

Des: "Yes sweetheart, and this is just the first day of our happiness --- we've got years and years of happiness to look forward to."
Screenshot-462.jpg

And they watch the stars together for the first time as husband and wife.

Carly: "Oh, look at that one Des, it's so bright and beautiful!"

Des *his eyes focused only on her* "It is bright and beautiful my love, the most beautiful star I've ever seen!"

Carly: *blushing as she catches his loving gaze* "Oh, you were looking at me…"

Des: "And I always will be for the rest of our lives."
Screenshot-467.jpg

The next day is Spooky day and with the day off, Des works on his logic skill.

You can certainly tell he's been working on his athletic skill with all that upper body strength.

Des looks good in and out of formal wear!
Screenshot-470.jpg

And with the move Crewe decides he needs to get back to writing.

He wants to write another Masterpiece along with 20 more books so I tell him he better get cracking!

Dee: "The sink is fine, if you want to hit that 60 books mark you need to focus!"

Crewe: "But the one downstairs…"

Dee: "Is fine too! In fact, Carly just checked that one."

Crewe: "Oh, if she checked it, it should be okay. Hey, if you don't mind, I need to focus…"

Dee: *thinking* I'm bothering him now---artists!*
Screenshot-473.jpg

And later that day, I find Des all dressed up again!

Dee *whistling appreciatively* "Looking even better than ever Des! Special plans with your new bride?"

Des: "Yep, we're going out, to a costume party at George Deans! He invited the whole precinct."

Dee: "Who are you supposed to be?"

Des *laughing* "Dashing Desmond of course! Take that Loser trait! No loser ever looked this good!"

Dee *shocked* "That was a secret! You weren't supposed to know…"

Des: "You women aren't very subtle Watcher! Or quiet!"

And with those words he heads off to the party.
Screenshot-474.jpg

Mortified that Des knows I call him Dashing Desmond, but curious about the party, I follow them.

Here he is jamming with Carly the Chef.

With Roxie the Cat getting ready to join them.
Screenshot-476.jpg

This is such a musical town that another group is playing on the other side of the house!

That's Carl the Scuba Diver with Sherman the Commando getting ready to join him.

And Walter Grisby shows up as a Fireman but I'm not sure who the Tiger is.
Screenshot-479.jpg

And here's a Maid---oh, it's Meadow Dean, our hostess.

Dee: "Your house is beautiful Meadow and everyone's enjoying the party, so I can see why you're smiling."

Meadow *serenely* "Oh, thank you for the compliments but that's not why I'm smiling. *whispering* "Can you keep a secret?"

Dee *lowering my voice* "Of course. What's going on?"

Meadow *darting a quick look around* "I want to surprise George---we're expecting!"

Dee *squealing* "Oh, that's the best secret surprise ever---he'll be thrilled!"

Meadow *happily* "Yes, he wants a house full."  *concerned*  "But our house is rather small."

Dee: "I can help with that Meadow! One nursery coming up. And if you decide to have others, we can always find you a bigger place with plenty of garden room."

Meadow: "Thanks so much Watcher! I better get back to my guests."
Screenshot-478.jpg

But there's no worries on that front as her guests are happily listening to another Carly and Des duet!

With Roxie taking a break and dancing with Sherman as the Tiger looks on.
Screenshot-485.jpg

And Spooky Day just wouldn’t be the same without Trick or Treaters.

Mia gives a treat to teenage Susie Broke the Scuba Diver.

Mia *perkily* "Oh yes, a candy for those knocking at the door. I love your costume."

Susie: "Thank you Ms. Frio. Is it true that you are a real mermaid with a tail when you go in water?!"

Mia: "Yes, I would be happy to show you. Come over one day and we can go in the pool."

Susie *even more excited than when she met Carly* "Oh, that would be so great! I got the other Ms. Frio's autograph and she played a song for me and now you've invited me over. It's true what everybody says about all of you, you're the nicest celebrities ever!"

Mia *bursting with pride to be part of the Frio family* "It is so nice of you to say so. And you are right. The Frios are the nicest family and I am so happy to belong to them."
Screenshot-491.jpg

And Jo gives a treat to the Grisby's young son, Kip, another Scuba Diver.

Oddly it's a rather popular costume this year, especially for a town without an ocean or even a beach! Maybe it has something to do with a sweet new mermaid in town?

Whatever the reason, the Frios' first Spooky Day in Riverview was an enormous success!
Screenshot-496.jpg

And with all her playing at the Dean's costume party----Carly maximizes guitar!

One down, only three more to go!
Screenshot-542.jpg

And then she sees Des working on his athletic skill and decides he may need some company, after all they are newlyweds!

So she changes into something a bit more comfortable and lets him know just how she feels about being his wife.

Maybe it's the incense, maybe it's being newlyweds, whatever the reason, Carly and Des only have eyes for each other.
Screenshot-638.jpg

They kiss and decide that it's time for them to retire to their room!
Screenshot-644.jpg

Wow, a lot happened to Carly in this chapter, which is only fitting as the heir apparent!

She gave her first autograph and solo performance to a fan.

Then she married the love of her life, Desmond, in a beautiful evening ceremony.

She attended her first Spooky Day costume party and then maximized the guitar skill, completing one of the four skills needed to obtain her LTW.

But there was one more important event she participated in earlier on Spooky Day, what was it?

Find out next time as it deserves a chapter of it's own!

Chapter 77-- Rugrats for Riverview Part 1
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
Chapter 77-- Rugrats for Riverview Part 1

But the twins weren't forgotten during all of the busy days leading up to Spooky Day.

In fact, Aiden's got such a carrying cry that both Jo and Mia rush to take care of him.

But Jo gets to him first, so Mia takes care of Ariel, who needs just as much attention but doesn't demand it as much as her younger brother.
Screenshot-375.jpg

This time Jo settles Ariel in her crib while proud father Shawn plays with Aidan.
Screenshot-387.jpg

But Mia steals the occasional one on one time with Aidan.

She loves their daughter, but their son has a special place in her heart.

Even though he has her ivory skin, his fairy sparkles, just like his father's, draw her attention time and time again!
Screenshot-381.jpg

Shawn gives equal time to his twins, giving Ariel sweet cuddles.
Screenshot-406.jpg

But then Shawn has a very important duty as a father.

Bringing Ariel to her first cake!
Screenshot-499.jpg

The family cheers her on but I'm concerned about Des.

Dee: "Des, I think that costume may have been a magician's."

Des: "Yes, I seem to be going right through the wall! Check the other side!"
Screenshot-502.jpg

And sure enough, Des' face, arm, and noise maker are on the other side!

Shawn *curiously* "How are you doing that Des?!"

Des *nonchalantly* "Don't know. But it doesn't hurt so let's focus on Ariel!"
Screenshot-506.jpg

And amidst birthday sparkles, Ariel becomes a toddler with blonde hair!

Dee: "Wait. What? Blonde? But Ariel is supposed to have her mother's vibrant red hair!"

Jo *giddy with excitement* "She's got pretty pink scales and my blonde hair---amazing! I HAVE contributed to the family genetics!"

Dee *spluttering*  "But that was for Carly, not, not Mia's daughter!"

Mia *awestruck* "But she is beautiful is she not Watcher?  A blend of me and Shawn with her Nana's golden hair."

Dee *softening and trying to hide her disappointment* "She is beautiful Mia. Let's get her in some cute clothes while the others eat cake."
Screenshot-514.jpg

Ariel likes Spiceberry but we decide that's for when she's older and choose white with blue to match her eyes.

We do her hair in pigtails with matching blue bows.

Here she is all dressed up!
Screenshot-519.jpg

And in her Outerwear since the days are getting cooler and winter will be here before we know it.

This little girl is as cute as a button and will surely be a heartbreaker when she grows up!

A blonde, blue-eyed, mermaid will take Riverview by storm!
Screenshot-517.jpg

And here's Carly doing her most important job on Spooky Day, bringing her nephew to his cake!

Dee: "But shouldn't it be Mia or one of her grandparents?"

Carly *proudly* "Mia asked me to do the honors as heir and Shawn's twin."
Screenshot-525.jpg

The family all cheers as Aidan is brought to his cake.
Screenshot-527.jpg

And Shawn's ivory skinned fairy son inherits his mother's red hair!

Dee *frowning* "I think fate's just messing with me now!"

Mia *shocked* "He looks so much like me but has Shawn's wings. Not what I expected but such a handsome boy!"

Dee: "He is cute Mia, but let's see if we can pick a better hairstyle for him."
Screenshot-535.jpg

We choose this cute and curly style but decide his everyday outfit is perfect with Nessie on it!
Screenshot-536.jpg

But we do pick a more appropriate winter outfit in Mia's favorite blue with touches of Shawn's gray.

Aidan's favorite color is violet but were're not indulging him in that just yet.
Screenshot-537.jpg

But new clothes are cut short when we realize the twins have more pressing needs.

Naptime! With dolls they received in the mail for cuddle buddies.
Screenshot-539.jpg

Dee: "Hey Sam! Nice to see you on such a special night."

Sam: "I couldn't resist peeking in on the toddlers, but thought I should stay out here so they could rest."

Dee: "Stay as long as you like Sam. The twins will be waking soon enough and then the real tasks begin!"
Screenshot-538.jpg

And they begin with a vengeance!

But first Papa Crewe shares an Attack of the Claw with Ariel, adding his own little twist.

Crewe *in a funny scary voice* "And the sea monster rears up towards the little mermaid and tickles her, here and here, and here!"

Ariel *squealing with laughter* "More, Papa, more!"
Screenshot-544.jpg

While Aidan concentrates on the peg box.
Screenshot-547.jpg

But playtime is soon over as skilling begins.

Shawn teaches his young son to walk while Jo potty trains Ariel.
Screenshot-556.jpg

Then Jo shares her love of cooking as she teaches Ariel to talk.

Dee: "Isn't she a bit too young for cooking?"

Jo *with a look* "I am not teaching her cooking but how to talk and it's never too soon to learn basics."

Jo *encouraging Ariel*  "Make sure the frying pan is on medium heat so the food doesn't burn."

Ariel "fry..pan."

Dee: "Well, I see you've taken a page out of Sasha's book and it does work, so I'll leave you to it."
Screenshot-565.jpg

With walking accomplished, Aidan goes back to his blocks.

And after watching Jo with Ariel, Mia gives it a shot, but sticks to simple words.

Mia: "Mr. Sunshine."

Ariel: "Mista Sunshine."
Screenshot-571.jpg

And the twins get a break to play with their toys.
Screenshot-583.jpg

And the Shawn takes his turn bringing Aidan to the potty.
Screenshot-590.jpg

And Jo helps Aidan learn a few words.

Jo: "You can watch birds while sitting on a bench."

Aidan: "Bench."

Jo *thinking proudly* Ariel's the genius, but he's learning to talk quickly too! Probably another case of my genes coming to the fore.*
Screenshot-597.jpg

The twins are learning their skills and forming bonds with their family members.

But there's more to come of toddler times so join us for:
Chapter 77-- Rugrats for Riverview Part 2
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »
Chapter 77-- Rugrats for Riverview Part 2

And the twins skilling continues with Mia teaching Ariel to walk and Jo continuing her talking lessons with Aidan.

Jo: "Nana loves you with all her heart!"

Aidan: "Heart."

Jo *happily* "You got it little man, exactly right!"
Screenshot-604.jpg

Then Jo continues: "We have lots of family ghosts for you to meet!"

Aidan: "Ghosts!"

Mia has abruptly stood up as she listens to this conversation.

Dee: "Something wrong Mia?"

Mia *concern making her voice quiver* "Should she really be discussing the ghosts with dear little Aidan? He is so young and may not understand. And Ariel is here listening too. Could it not scare them?"

Dee: "I think it will actually prepare them in case any of the ghosts decide to check on the twins. Sam's already taken a peek, but didn't disturb them as they were down for naps. And you weren't fazed by them at all, even when you first met them. You introduced yourself to Grandma Rae first thing!"

Mia *relief in her voice* "Yes, that was so. I was not afraid, they were Shawn's family! I think you are right and Jo is preparing them for these special family members!"
Screenshot-610.jpg

And she continues with Ariel until walking is mastered, while Aidan plays with the peg box again.
Screenshot-618.jpg

And with their toddler skills mastered, Shawn and Mia pick up the twins for one last cuddle here in the nursery.
Screenshot-630.jpg

Then they head outside with Shawn carrying Ariel and Mia with Aidan in the stroller.

Dee: "Off for a family outing Shawn?"

Shawn: "No. Off to our own home Watcher!"
Screenshot-635.jpg

They take a cab and drive over to their new place, Great Room, Great Dane at 1056 Cypress Lane.

It's an existing 5 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home in the neighborhood that they added a pool to, for the whole family, but especially for Mia and Ariel when she gets older and needs to hydrate.

Crewe meets them there to help them get settled in.

Mia: "Thank you so much for helping us with our new home Mr. Frio, it is beautiful!"

Crewe: "You are quite welcome Mia and please call me dad. You are married to one of my children and you are family now!"
Screenshot-655.jpg

Inside, Jo rocks Ariel in the new nursery as Crewe gets Aidan ready for bed as well.

It's been a big day for these two little tykes!
Screenshot-674.jpg

And of course, Crewe can't leave without checking at least one sink!
Screenshot-668.jpg

But back at the house, I find Carly in the bathroom.

Either she's gotten some bad Goopy Carbonara or an heir is on the way!
Screenshot-679.jpg

But Crewe and Jo's work as grandparents has just begun as Crewe brings Joey to her cake.
Screenshot-715.jpg

Carl and Jo cheer as Crewe wonders if the windows are safe.
Screenshot-718.jpg

And Joey becomes a toddler who is either startled by her cake or those pink sparkles floating around her.
Screenshot-722.jpg

Joey's favorite color is lilac so we indulge our cute little fairy with a lilac and white formal dress.

Her wings are a shade of pink but with some purple tints as well.

And she has brown hair like Evie but with bright blue eyes!
Screenshot-726.jpg

And then it's time for her little sister Danica to join her in toddlerhood.

Carl does the honors this time with an excited Jo beside them.
Screenshot-733.jpg

Danica becomes another cute toddler with unique red wings!

She gets an formal dress like her sister but in her favorite color black with white to set it off.

It looks like she got the Frio red hair but with violet eyes!
Screenshot-747.jpg

Then Crewe helps Joey take her first steps.

With Crewe right next to her, you can definitely see the differences in their wings, both in shape and color!
Screenshot-759.jpg

And Jo takes the opportunity to teach Danica a few words.

When they get to comedy and tragedy, and little Danica repeats it so quickly, Jo remembers that it's Danica that's a Couch Potato like her!
Screenshot-757.jpg

So she decides they deserve a break to actually watch some shows together!

Jo: "You'll love this one sweetheart, it has dancing and singing fairies with wings just like yours! The main fairy is called Tinker Bell."

Danica listens intently to her Nana and watches enthralled as the fairies dance and sing on the screen.
Screenshot-755.jpg

And little Joey gets a break too and plays with her xylophone with daddy's help.

Looks like Carl has a budding virtuoso on his hands.

Maybe she'll inherit that trait of his when she gets older.
Screenshot-752.jpg

And later that week, we see Shawn in town with little Aidan.

He's chatting with their neighbor Yvette Grisby.

Shawn: "Congratulations on the triplets Mrs. Grisby! The first in the neighborhood. Two boys and a girl, that brings your count to five! But Laurel must be grown now."

Yvette *tired but proud* "Thanks so much Shawn. Your little boy is sure getting big! Laurel is grown and gone. She was engaged to Maximus McDermott and they married and bought their own home together recently! I couldn't be more thrilled. An extra hand around the house would have been nice, but Laurel's not big on children, and with triplets in the house it was time for her to take that step!"

Shawn: "I'll have Mia give you a call with the names of some reliable babysitters. They are Watchersent when things get overwhelming with multiples!"

Yvette: "I'll be waiting for her call! I never thought I'd say this but a baby sitter does sound good, especially at my age!"
Screenshot-685.jpg

And later that week, it's official!

A potential heir is on the way!

Dee: "Congrats on the nooboo Carly!"

Carly: "Oh, my. I knew it was going to happen soon, but I never expected to feel so…motherly."
Screenshot-698.jpg

And Des is thrilled about the baby news as well.

He pats Carly's tummy affectionately.

Des: "Hello little one. It's your Daddy!"
Screenshot-779.jpg

Then he listens intently.

Des: "I can hear your heartbeat Carly. That must sound pretty loud to the baby."
Screenshot-782.jpg

And he talks to the baby too.

Des*excitedly* "And we have blocks for you to play with when you're a bit older. And Daddy and Mommy will play peek-a-boo with you. And we'll rock you and hold you. Can't wait to see you little one!"
Screenshot-786.jpg

But even with all the baby excitement, Des doesn't forget who the star of the show is for him.

Des *holding her hands and staring intently into her eyes* "I love you so much sweetheart! I never dreamed that I could love you more than I did before, but now with this little one on the way, my heart is so full of love for you and the baby. It's like I'm going to burst!"

Carly: "Oh, Des, I should have known you felt the same way I did! We've always been on the same wavelength and this proves more than ever that we are truly soulmates!"
Screenshot-790.jpg

Both sets of twins are toddlers now and living in their own homes in Riverview.

And Carly and Des are more in love with each other than ever before as they wait for their baby to arrive.

They both want a little girl to cuddle and love.

Will they get their wish or will fate still have some surprises in store for them?

Find out in Chapter 78-- Waiting for Baby
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
Chapter 78--  Waiting for Baby

Carly's been told not to overdo it but she's more focused on her music skills than ever.

Carly: "How does this sound Des?"

Des: "Your music always sounds beautiful Carly, but I think you've changed the tone a bit with that one. It's softer, gentle, like a lullaby."

Carly *smiling* "Then I've accomplished my mission because that's what I was going for. A lullaby for our little one."

Des: "Speaking of our little one. I know we're both hoping for a girl Carly, but do you have a preference on a name yet?"

Carly: "Well, I was hoping to name a girl after Mom."

Des: "Me too! We are always on the same page sweetheart!"

Carly: "But Carl and Evie have Joey and she's named after Mom, so now I'm not so sure."

Des *surprised* "Oh, I was thinking my Mom…I guess we weren't quite on the same page on that after all."

Carly *thoughtfully* "No, but that does give me an interesting idea on using BOTH of our Mom's names!"

Des: "Both? Oh, I like how your mind works Mrs. Frio. I like it very much!"
Screenshot-708.jpg

Jo takes the down time to get a new every day outfit for winter.

She picks out these comfy black Capri's with a pretty long-sleeved sweater in a soft yellow with a heart necklace.
Screenshot-709.jpg

And for her outerwear, this dark pants and jacket with yellow pops of color in the sweater, scarf, and gloves.
Screenshot-710.jpg

And Carly plays her new song outside the theater for June Shallow and a paparazzi that's sure to be commenting on Carly's expecting nooboo as well as her music.
Screenshot-771.jpg

Crewe and Jo visit Carl and Evie's twins and continue their skill training along with some cuddles of course!
Screenshot-764.jpg

And Evie feels much more energetic after a nap after work thanks to Mom and Dad's help with the twins!

Evie: "Naptime sweetheart. You've had a long day skilling with Nana and Papa. Sweet dreams. Twinnie is just across the room in her crib and I'll make sure you have your snuggle bunny."
Screenshot-776.jpg

Carly decides it's too cold for outside practice so she invites Carl, Roxie, and Shawn over so the Friolins can practice.

When she goes out to invite Carl and Roxie in, she's surprised to see Roxie's brought a toddler with her!

Carly *all motherly* "Oh, and who do we have here sweet one?"

Roxie *Not bothering to hide the disgust in her voice or face* "He is my nephew, Wesley. Somehow I got roped into baby sitting and then you called. And I'm not giving up a practice session just because I'm babysitting, so I brought him along. I hope you're not mad Carly. He can play in the nursery or something. He'll be fine."

Carly *cooing* "Oh, he so cute Roxie! Of course, I'm not mad. My Mom will be thrilled to play with another toddler. She lives for this stuff! Let's get him and us inside. It's freezing out here and you two aren't really dressed for this weather!"
Screenshot-804.jpg

So the group heads downstairs and starts jamming to the latest song that Roxie's written.

They sound so good together but still haven't been able to get their first gig yet.

They've checked with both of the clubs in Riverview but haven't heard back about getting to play at either one.

But with or without a gig, the Friolins are determined to keep practicing and writing songs, waiting for their big break.
Screenshot-813.jpg

After their practice session, Jo chats with Shawn as he tells her the latest story about the twins.

Shawn *smiling* "And then little Ariel says, 'But WHY can't I eat the shoes Daddy?' And before I can answer her Aidan says, 'Cause shoes are for walking, which you would know if you weren't a mermaid!' And then Ariel says, 'Like you would know 'cause you have fairy wings and can fly!' Those two are going to kill me from trying NOT to laugh Mom! I did have to scold them for being mean to each other, but it was SO funny! Mia had to leave the room and I could hear her laughing all the way downstairs!"

Jo *letting out a belly laugh* "Oh, I can just hear their cute little voices arguing about it! I do miss having them here Shawn. You and Mia too! The house is a bit empty right now."

Shawn: "But it won't be for long now Mom. Carly's due soon. Then you'll have another nooboo to rock and cuddle and change and feed in the middle of the night! I sure don't miss those days and their were six of us to take care of them!"

Jo: "Are you and Mia planning on any more? Not that I'm pushing! Just wondering."

Shawn: "We haven't really discussed it, but I think we both want more children. At least one anyway, but Mia's so focused on her career right now, I'm not sure when we'll actually have another one. And if we don't, I'm okay with that. We have our boy and our girl. I'm a happy man and I'm not going to push my luck!"
Screenshot-816.jpg

Then Carly persuades Shawn to practice some more on different instruments to see if they can get the sound she wants.

But as soon as Shawn starts on his riff, Carly turns away from her drums.

At least, I think it's Carly---somehow her maternity outerwear has this old-fashioned beehive hairdo attached to it!
Screenshot-819.jpg

Shawn: "What's wrong Carly, did I play that badly?"

But Carly doesn't respond and Shawn suddenly realizes why and starts to panic!

Shawn *yelling* "Oh no! Not again! Why is it always me down in the basement with a pregnant woman!? Mom! Dad! Hurry! Quick! Carly! The Baby! Help me!"
Screenshot-821.jpg

Jo and Crewe aren't much help which is typical of Sims everywhere.

They just stand there clutching their heads or flinging out their arms in despair.

You'd think that after the first time, they'd be calmer about it, but no, never!
Screenshot-829.jpg

But then Desmond joins them downstairs and doesn't panic at all!

Jo's still clutching her head, Shawn's thinking about his Mom and clapping which has me concerned.

And Crewe and Des are thinking about each other? I'm not even sure I want to know what that means!

But Carly's thoughts are all centered on the coming baby, which is what you can expect from a Mom in labor.

Thank you Carly for being the lone sane Sim in the room!
Screenshot-833.jpg

I think that maybe Des is going to go panic off in the corner by himself so I go to check on him.

But he's grabbed a book and is just sitting in a chair calmly reading it.

Dee *concerned* "Des, um, I've never seem a Sim NOT panic around a woman in labor. Are you okay?"

Des *calmly* "I'm just fine. The book says Carly's doing exactly what she should be and the labor is progressing normally so there's no need for me to panic."

Dee *frowning* "But I have most of my parents read baby books and it's not ever stopped them from panicking before."

Des *calmly reading* "Panicking would be for a Loser and I'm not one, so I REFUSE to do it!"

Dee: "Oh, so you're consciously choosing NOT to panic. Oh, that's okay then. As long as it's your choice and not a nervous breakdown or anything, then I'll be going back to check on Carly. We'll keep you posted."

Des *with beads of sweat on his brow* "Please do Watcher. Please do."
Screenshot-838.jpg

And when I get back to Carly, the panic session seems to be over as Jo critiques a painting and Shawn and Crewe chat like nothing's happening next to them.

Dee: "You doing okay Carly?"

Carly *between breathes* "Doing fine. Just like Des and I practiced. Did you see how well he held it together?! He's so amazing!"

Dee *frowning* "It would have been nice if you'd let me in on that---I thought he was heading for the looney bin with no reaction at all!" *thinking* Except for those telltale beads of sweat on his forehead, but I'll keep that to myself.*
Screenshot-836.jpg

And Carly's getting closer to delivery with stork thoughts in her head!

Dee: "It's getting close now Carly. Your baby will be here soon. You're doing a great job!"
Screenshot-841.jpg

And after all her hard work, Carly spins and holds her son in her arms!

It's a boy! A shock to all of us!
Screenshot-853.jpg

Carly brings her new son upstairs and places him in his crib.
Screenshot-855.jpg

And before I can ask if her and Des have picked out a name for a boy, she follows Mia's pattern of spinning again and delivering a 2nd nooboo.

A girl this time!

Des has followed her upstairs to the nursery but his thoughts are of Jo?!

Okay this time I have to ask, all these weird thoughts are getting to be disturbing.

Dee: "Okay Des, why on earth are you thinking about Jo right now?!"

Des: "What? Oh, I was thinking that Carly looks a lot like Jo. They have similar facial features plus the blonde hair and now with a baby in her arms, they have that same look."

Dee: "The same look?"

Des *sweetly* "Yeah, that same this-is-my-child-that-I-love-so-much look. They are both such strong women, yet when they look at their babies they go all soft and maternal. I love seeing that look on Carly's face."
Screenshot-861.jpg

After all her hard work, Carly is sent to her room to rest while Des cuddles his daughter.

His Easily Impressed, Friendly daughter with pretty pink sparkles floating around her.
Screenshot-864.jpg

The he rocks his son for the first time looking very serious.

A Disciplined, Excitable boy who also has pink sparkles surrounding his blanket.

Dee: "In all the twin excitement I forget to ask about names Des. Have you and Carly picked them out yet?"

Des *thoughtfully* "Well, I know we had agreed on a girl's name, but for this little guy, I was thinking Torre, after my family name."

Dee: "Oh, I like that Des. Torre Frio. It's perfect!"
Screenshot-866.jpg

And Jo can't resist cuddling with her new granddaughter.
Screenshot-869.jpg

And rocking with her out in the living room.

Dee: "You're looking pretty serious too Jo."

Jo: "I'm still a bit shocked. I know I said maybe Carly and Des would have twins after Evie had her twin daughters, but that was just the excited Nana talking. But now to have all three of our children have a set of twins, it's taken my breathe away! And the honor to have two of my granddaughters named after me. It's pretty amazing! I'm just taking it all in."

Dee: "Two of them? Evie and Carl have Joey but who's the second one?"

Jo: "They haven't told you yet? This sweet little one is named for both her grandmothers. Her name is Karlie Jo!"
Screenshot-872.jpg

Well, all of the Frios have successfully brought in another generation, each one having a set of twins!

Shawn and Mia's Ariel (mermaid) and Aidan(fairy).

Evie and Carl's twin fairy daughters, Joey and Danica.

And now Carly and Desmond's fairy twins, Torre and Karlie Jo.

What a great beginning in this 6th town with 5 fairies and a mermaid!

We have more toddler times and then school ahead for this new generation of Frio heirs and spares.

Will there be more children in this generation and who will they meet here in Riverview?

Find out in upcoming chapters, with Chapter 79-- Birthdays part 1
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »
Chapter 79-- Birthdays part 1

Carly doesn't stay in bed to rest for long. Soon she's up and about mothering the twins.

Feeding Torre.
Screenshot-261.jpg

A giving her sweet son some cuddle time.
Screenshot-263.jpg

And Karlie Jo gets her turn at snuggles with mom as well.
Screenshot-268.jpg

But Jo's always there to give a helping hand.

This time she tends Karlie Jo.
Screenshot-258.jpg

And Crewe volunteers his services as well.

Crewe: "Since you've got Karlie Jo, sweetheart, papa will take our little man."

Carly: "Thanks Dad! You and Mom have been such a big help with them. I can't imagine doing this by myself with Des at work all day! I'm glad you talked Evie and Carl into getting babysitter services with them both working fulltime jobs."
Screenshot-298.jpg

And some soothing time in the rocker with her daughter.

Dee: "Enjoying some down time with Karlie Jo, I see. And with a smile. Most of the time parents just look exhausted or very serious in the rocking chair."

Carly: "With mom and dad's help, I've gotten plenty of rest. And I'm enjoying this sweet nooboo stage. They'll be up and running around in no time, just like their older cousins!"
Screenshot-272.jpg

Speaking of older cousins, Jo spends some time with Joey teaching her to talk.

Jo: "Sometimes love ends with a broken heart."

Danica: "B'oken heart."

Jo: "Very good sweetie! Let's try another one."
Screenshot-349.jpg

Jo: "Oh, someone sounds like she's got a hungry tummy! Drink up this bottle sweetie and then we'll try some more words. You can't learn to talk with tummy rumbles!"

Joey: "Ta nana---hungry tummy!"
Screenshot-324.jpg

And Crewe teaches Danica to walk.

Crewe: "And one foot there and one more and come to papa!"

Danica: "I'm getting closer papa!"

Crewe: "You sure are sweetling!"
Screenshot-340.jpg

And Papa Crewe can't resist an Attack of the Claw tickle once walking is mastered.
Screenshot-357.jpg

And I find Des admiring his muscles again.

Des: "Wrong again Watcher! I got another promotion! I'm on the Vice Squad now!"

Dee: "That's great Des. Does it come with anything special?"

Des: "A lot more responsibility." *with a quick look around* "But some stuff I can't talk about here."

Dee: "Gotcha Des! Mum's the word!"
Screenshot-304.jpg

But later on he has me follow him around town.

Des: "Evie's gotten promotions too so now I get to do some undercover surveillance work and try to dig up more evidence for our case."

Dee: "Undercover surveillance work? In other words….rummaging in garbage cans?"

Des: "You got it! Let's see if I can find anything here."

Dee: "The Wilson house? The famous doctor, Jebediah Wilson? Really? He could be part of this?"

Des: "No, we don't think so, but we've gotten some intel that incriminating evidence is being laundered around town -- in other words they're trying to frame innocents to keep themselves out of jail! Ahhh,  just as we suspected, a list of bank transactions but conveniently no names. But we've got an amazing computer expert on our team that can work with this information and find out who's really behind all this!"
Screenshot-276.jpg

And then Des heads over to the other side of the road.

Dee: "The Caspian's are involved too! But Lorraine is our Mayor!"

Des: *in a hoarse whisper* "Please keep you voice down! This is supposed to be covert surveillance, not announcing us to the neighborhood. And like I said, some evidence is being planted so she's probably not involved at all."

Dee: *finger across her lips and nodding her head mutely*

Des: "That's better. Okay, this one seems to be clear. For now. My job is to monitor this street. Kurt Shallow is already implicated as one of the ring leaders and of course, poor Sherman's family is in it up to the hilt! And with this new information we may be one step closer to nailing them for good!"

Dee: *very softly* "Can I make one suggestion?"

Des: "What's that?"

Dee: "Your hair is like a neon light against the snow! Maybe wear a hat next time?"

Des: "Oh, yeah, that probably would help. Thanks!"
Screenshot-279.jpg

But Des doesn't focus just on his job. He's taking his share of daddy duty too.

Though I think he may be burning the candle from both ends right now.

Dee: "The babies are both fine now Des. Maybe you should get some sleep?"

Des *trying to stifle a yawn* "Now that's another great suggestion Watcher!"
Screenshot-315.jpg

But before he can head off to his own bed, Karlie Jo makes sure daddy knows she's awake with a loud cry!

Des: "Aww, hush baby girl, don't fret. Daddy's right here.
Screenshot-317.jpg

And with the youngest twins happily settled down for the evening, Nana and Papa make their way across town for two very important events.

The birthdays of Ariel and Aidan!

First up to her cake is our blonde mermaid.

Mia: "Oh, Aidan doesn't sound happy does he sissy?"

Jo: "I've got him. I'll put him in his highchair with a bottle until it's time for cake."

Mia: "Ready to be a big girl Ariel---let's blow out your candle. One, two, three!"
Screenshot-373.jpg

And she's becomes a child adding Unlucky to her traits.

Well, we'll just see about that!

But let's get a makeover and some decent clothes before Nana has a fashion fit!
Screenshot-383.jpg

Wow, our mermaid cleaned up nicely and we indulge her in choosing a wardrobe in her favorite color, Spiceberry.

This is her Winter every day outfit.
Screenshot-387.jpg

This one for her formal, though I am a bit concerned with the bright purple scales.

I hope the cold weather here won't be too harsh on them.
Screenshot-388.jpg

With that thought in mind, we choose this outfit for her outerwear for an extra layer of warmth on her legs.
Screenshot-391.jpg

Then it's time for Aidan's cake and Shawn does the honors.

They all cheer and blow noise makers to usher Aidan into childhood.
Screenshot-399.jpg

And he ages up with the most puzzled look on his face!

Oh, I'm not sure about that haircut and red clothes with the pink wings at all.

I think we can do better than that.
Screenshot-405.jpg

Aidan's favorite color is violet but that's not going to cut it with his hair and wing colors, so we decide to stick to Mia's blue tones for his outfits. And a more flattering haircut.

He looks much better in this two-toned blue snowflake sweater and jeans.
Screenshot-407.jpg

And he's quite the handsome lad in his formal outfit, where we indulge him with a violet tie.
Screenshot-408.jpg

For his outerwear, he sticks to a traditional winter coat and gloves in shades of blue.

The red pony on his shirt matches his hair and adds a whimsical touch for our Unlucky fairy boy.

Dee: "Wait! He's Unlucky too. Mia's a Lucky Sim, but she gets two Unlucky children? Now that's just wrong!"
Screenshot-412.jpg

Well, Ariel and Aidan start school soon so we all know what's next.

More birthdays!

Joey and Danica will be school age soon and then it will be time for Torre and Karlie Jo's first cakes.

Time sure does fly with three sets of twins in the family.

Join us next time for Chapter 79-- Birthdays part 2
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2019, 09:14:11 AM »
Chapter 79-- Birthdays part 2

After cake, Mia chats with Jo and Aidan about a new recipe she's learned.

While Shawn, Crewe, and Ariel head outside to play in the snow.
Screenshot-422.jpg

A bit later on I catch these two being very chummy!

Maybe with the twins going off to school they'll be adding an addition to their family!
Screenshot-428.jpg

Jo takes advantage of her logic skill and tutors Aidan a bit to help his grade once school starts.
Screenshot-440.jpg

And after showing off the igloo that she made with her dad and papa, Ariel tosses a football with her mother.

Dee: "Great looking igloo Ariel and very nice toss. But you two aren't really dressed for this snow, so don't stay out here too long."

Ariel: "Thanks Watcher! We won't. I just wanted Mom to see how I throw the football so she can give me pointers."

Mia: "She's already got a great arm, and is a natural at this. With a bit of practice, she'll be a superstar in no time! Unlucky my tail!"
Screenshot-438.jpg

And another party is going on at the Caspian House.

Des chats with a very expecting Meadow Dean.

Meadow: "George pulled a double shift tonight. It sounds like everyone at the precinct is doing a lot of overtime."

Des: "Yes, we are. I did my double earlier this week, but rest assured Meadow that when George becomes a father, we'll all cover for him so he can have the time he needs to be with you and your child!"

Meadow: "Thanks Des. I really appreciate that. George and I are very excited with this being our first!"
Screenshot-445.jpg

Billy thanks Carly for coming to the party and asks if she'll play a song for them.

Carly: "Of course, Billy. Carl's already tuning up his guitar and I know he'd love to perform! Music is in our blood!"
Screenshot-460.jpg

They perform a duet with Carl playing guitar and Carly on piano.

They sound so good together it's still a mystery why they can't get a gig in town.
Screenshot-452.jpg

But Carly isn't focusing solely on piano now that's she maxed guitar.

When she's not taking care of the twins she plays bass too!
Screenshot-466.jpg

And the Frios aren't the only ones with growing families.

Here Jon Lessen and Ruby Broke bring home their daughter, Lucy.

Ruby's come a long way since her trailer park days!
Screenshot-473.jpg

And one last potty training for Danica.
Screenshot-486.jpg

And papa Crewe helps her use the fairy house for the first time.

Crewe: "Just concentrate on becoming very tiny sweetling."

Danica: "Okay papa, I'll try."

You can just see her focus turning completely inward.

She reminds me so much of her great aunt Natasha!
Screenshot-491.jpg

And in the blink of an eye she's a red sparkle!
Screenshot-493.jpg

But once nap time is over, it's cake time!

Joey goes first being the eldest and looks a little scared with all of the loud cheering and noise makers.

But Crewe seems pretty solemn as he stands with Joey at her cake.

Crewe: "I'm happy about their birthdays of course, Evie, but I hate the idea of loosing my sweetlings so soon."

And Evie drops a bombshell as she says: "Don't worry Dad, Carl and I are working on giving the twins a baby brother! But boy or girl, you'll have another grandchild to play with!"
Screenshot-523.jpg

And Joey grabs her first piece of birthday cake!
Screenshot-538.jpg

Next up is Danica all refreshed from her nap in the fairy house.

And Joey joins in with great enthusiasm as papa Crewe brings her sister  to her cake.
Screenshot-546.jpg

And our Never Nude twinnie joins her sister in childhood.
Screenshot-556.jpg

They both choose a special outfit to reflect their favorite colors.

Joey Loves the Heat but since it's winter, she chooses a snowsuit in lilac.
Screenshot-563.jpg

And Danica picks a formal outfit her great aunt Natasha would have loved when she was a child!
Screenshot-565.jpg

Joey finds papa Crewe exercising by the stereo but she decides to show off some dance moves!

Joey: "Wow, I can dance papa!"

Crewe: *Not missing a beat of his exercise routine* "Of course, you can dance sweetling! You're a fairy, it's in our blood."
Screenshot-572.jpg

And Danica's first act as a child is to ride the rocking rider.

Danica: "I've been watching this pony since I could crawl. Now, eeeyyyahhh, faster, Sienna, we need to catch those bandits!"
Screenshot-573.jpg

And while the twins enjoy their first moments of childhood.

Carly and Des are enjoying the last moments of infancy with Torre and Karlie Jo.

Des brings Torre to his cake.
Screenshot-583.jpg

And he ages up to toddler with classic red Frio hair!

He's just adorable in his formalwear.
Screenshot-592.jpg

And then it's Karlie Jo's turn for cake and Des does the honors again.

Carly along with Nana and Papa, who got home just in time, join in the birthday cheers.
Screenshot-597.jpg

And Karlie Jo ages to toddler inheriting her mother's and both of her grandmothers' blonde hair!

We choose an every day outfit to reflect her love of green, and with her big blue eyes, she's already pulling on the heartstrings.
Screenshot-606.jpg

Jo and Crewe spend a moment alone after all the birthday excitement of the last few days.

Jo: *Cuddling close* "Crewe we are so blessed with our family. The twins are all getting older and Evie and Carl are adding to their family. I'm so happy that things are going so well."

Crewe: "Me too Jo. I was so surprised when Evie made that announcement! I didn't dare mention the possibility of twins again."

Jo: *excited* "Oh, I never even thought of that! We could get up to #8!"
Screenshot-512.jpg

All of the twins have aged up.

Ariel and Aidan and Joey and Danica will be heading off to school and meeting friends in the neighborhood.

Carl and Evie are expecting baby #3 and #4, if JoAnna gets her wish!

Torre and Karlie Jo are toddlers and have lots of skilling ahead.

And as much as I love those two, I was really hoping for Des to pass on his turquoise hair to a potential heir.

So should we accept the vagaries of fate and choose a Frio red or our new blonde as a heir or give it another shot?

Do we wait to see if Carly and Des even want another child?

Join me as the story continues in Chapter 80-- Tempting Fate
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2019, 08:37:21 PM »
Chapter 80-- Tempting Fate

Well whatever fate has in store for the future, the present for the new toddlers is all about skilling.
Des teaches Torre to talk. It always surprises me what words they choose to teach their children.

Des: "Suitcase. Daddy packs a suitcase to go on trips."

Torre: "Soot' cse."

Des: "Yeah, that's it! Good job."
Screenshot-611.jpg

And Carly holds Karlie Jo's little hands to help her take a few steps.
Screenshot-614.jpg

And a classic shot of the twins playing with the xylophone and peg box.

Karlie Jo's got the right idea with the yellow triangle.

But until they get better at it, the xylophone makes all the adults, including the ghosts, wince a bit!
Screenshot-618.jpg

Speaking of ghosts, Adam has popped in to watch this new generation for a bit.

Carly helps Torre with his walking while Des teaches a Karlie Jo a few words.

Des: "Books. Mommy and daddy love reading you story books."

Silence.

Dee: "Um, Des? Maybe if you were closer? She's just watching Carly and Torre with you sitting so far way."
Screenshot-21.jpg

Des: "Oh, I think she had something else on her mind altogether!"
Screenshot-55.jpg

And after a few more steps, Carly decides that Torre needs the potty too.
Screenshot-50.jpg

And then it's naptime for both of them as Des and Carly take a moment for a romantic hug.
Screenshot-65.jpg

Then a little more romantic time in their room.
Screenshot-67.jpg

Then with the twins and Carly asleep, Des takes the opportunity to work on his case.

Which of course means rummaging in neighborhood trash cans!

This time he's at the Grisby house.

Des: *voice muffled since he's head down in the can* "They've been dumping records in what seems like random trashcans, but our forensics experts have picked out a definite pattern. And if so, then it should….bingo! Be right here! The last piece of the puzzle!"
Screenshot-4.jpg

Later on when the twins wake up, it's time for a bit more skilling.

Carly encourages Torre to take his last few steps to master walking!

And Des has taken my advice to sit close to Karlie Jo and it's much more successful as she focuses on him and repeats each word.
Screenshot-38.jpg

But then I see and hear this!

Dee: *horrified* "Des why on earth would you mention Grim to a toddler!?!"

But Karlie Jo isn't fazed a bit, just repeats the word.

Des: "Watcher, it's part of life, just like the family ghosts. If she's aware, then she won't be afraid of it or fear Grim when the time comes. For her or others in her family."

Dee *doubtful* "That sounds reasonable enough, but I still don't like it. It's like tempting fate some how!"

Des *firmly* "In law enforcement there is no fate, just order, logic, and justice!"
Screenshot-49.jpg

Then Des makes some phone calls and greets one of his fellow officers.

Des: "Come on in and I'll brief everyone inside."
Screenshot-88.jpg

So with his team assembled, Evie's partner George Dean, his partner Hal Breckenridge and officer Sherman Bagley, they go over their plan.

Des: "Evie's officially on maternity leave but she's been over all the evidence and she agrees with what we've discussed. So we move in and make the arrest just like we planned. Let's go team!"

Then with a quick look at the reporters Des says: "You've got special privileges on this story, but don't put yourself or anyone else in danger!"
Screenshot-97.jpg

The four of them drive over to the Bagley farm and strategize by the mailbox as they watch Trigger Broke head for the house.

Ma Bagley is on the front steps, seemingly unconcerned.
Screenshot-104.jpg

George covers the back of the house.
Screenshot-138.jpg

While Des reads Ma her rights and shows her their search warrant!

She argues with him but to no avail.
Screenshot-133.jpg

Des: "Justice will prevail Ma'am! There's no fighting it now! I'm just sorry Officer Bagley has to witness this. His deepest fears have been realized, but I can't change the life you and your family have led."
Screenshot-116.jpg

Des meets George inside and George tells him that the family has suitcases all set to leave!

Then they check out the barn and hit the jackpot!
Screenshot-173.jpg

Once they get inside, they see more loot, contraband, and stolen goods than they ever dreamed of!
Screenshot-75.jpg

They send the team in to get it all photographed and catalogued but then they hear an ominous sound and go rushing back outside!

To their dismay they see Ma Bagley dissolving before their eyes!
Screenshot-144.jpg

Apparently the stress and strain of her lifestyle finally caught up with her or maybe it was finally getting caught that was too much.

Whatever the reason, Ma is now pleading with Grim and she doesn't have any more success than when she pleaded with Des earlier about not being involved in the crimes!

George: *grimly* "Well, that's one way of avoiding jail time."

Dee *with a look at Des* "Or maybe just tempting fate by bringing up Grim's name?"

Des *with a grimace* "I won't be doing that again Watcher, I promise!"
Screenshot-168.jpg

And with Evie and Des' special ops case solved, a sigh of relief goes through the town.

Jo is especially relieved as she's thinking about grandkids.

Dee *smiling* "Just give her a call and invite her over Jo, instead of worrying!"

Jo: "That's a great idea. Instead of popping in on her unexpectedly, I'll let her come here. In fact, I'll invite both families over and we can all visit."
Screenshot-82.jpg

So a very happy and pregnant Evie shows up with her twins as well as Shawn and his twins!

Jo: "Evie, what are you doing in the bushes dear?"

Evie *sighing* "Still getting sick Mom. The doctor said it happens that way sometimes, especially with twins! Lucky me!"

Crewe *trying to get Jo's attention* "It's Carly…she's..uumm, well, see for yourself, she's on her way outside!"
Screenshot-236.jpg

Then as Jo realizes what Evie said she exclaims: "What? Twins? You're having twins again!?!"

Evie *with a smile* "Boys this time! Carl is thrilled to death, but I'm happy and scared at the same time Mom!"

Jo can't resist patting Evie's rather large tummy and says: "We'll help out sweetie and we'll line up sitters too. You'd better come inside and rest!"
Screenshot-248.jpg

But before they can head inside, Carly steps out and tells them she's expecting again too!
Screenshot-264.jpg

So was it Des tempting fate that brought Grim for Ma Bagley?

Or is it tempting fate for Evie and Carly's 2nd pregnancies?

Evie's expecting twins again.

And her partner, George Dean, and his wife Meadow, just had twin daughters, Shellie and Tana Dean!

Twins seem to be pretty standard for Riverview, especially their police officers! Is it something in the water?

What about Carly? Will fate bless her with twins again?

Chapter 81-- Baby Boom
Coming soon.

anything