Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161183 times)

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:31 AM »
I've read this thread (really, I have) but I'm not sure if my problem applies here.  I have a Sim that is a self-employed inventor.  She has mastered Invention, and has sold a ton of stuff at the store.  But she has NO job experience.  Nada.  Zip.  She only needs to make 30 simoleons to advance, and she's sold hundreds of sims worth of inventions, but she isn't credited with a single one!  Is this a store bug?  Can I fix it?  What can I do?

Thanks, Phyrie

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »
From what I've heard and from my own experience, money made from the consignment store doesn't count toward your job experience.  Try selling it from your Sim's inventory.  You won't get the extra that you get from consignment, but it will count toward your promotion.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
The bug finally hit me.  No travels to other lands, consignment vendor is still the same, and it was within operating hours.  Sent my sim to sell some more produce, and didn't have the option to buy.  Used the remove consignments, and there were 3 items left from a previous consignment, one which had "days" listed a negative 1.  When I removed the three, I was then unable to buy at all.  Fortunately I wasn't trying the self-employed career at the time, and can still sell at the grocery store and from inventory.

Edit: Okay, checked today, and I can consign stuff again.  Only thing I did before loading today was delete all my cache files.  Maybe when I removed the -1 consigned item, it needed a day to reset the vendor.  Added some new stuff, I'll keep an eye on it.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
Sorry, if this is a little OT since I'm not specifically asking about experience gain, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck in selling stolen items at the consignment store? My Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law character cannot consign any hot items he's stolen that are sitting in his family inventory.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
I think you can sell stuff in your family inventory. How else would a Time Machine get there?
Formerly Simstar3

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
I think you can sell stuff in your family inventory. How else would a Time Machine get there?

I wasn't asking if you could outright sell stuff from family inventory. I already know that one can do that. I was asking if anyone had any luck in consigning stolen items.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 04:07:32 AM »
From what I've heard and from my own experience, money made from the consignment store doesn't count toward your job experience.  Try selling it from your Sim's inventory.  You won't get the extra that you get from consignment, but it will count toward your promotion.
That is not quite right, Pam. I have Don Lothario in the painter career. He is currently on level 5, and he has gained all his work experience for the 5 levels exclusively through selling his paintings at the Consignment Store. From what I have read around different forums so far it seems nobody has figured out yet in which situations consignment store sales count and when not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »
It does seem to be a hit and miss situation. I am currently playing a married couple. She is an artist and he is an inventor. All her experience so far has come from selling her paintings at the consignment store (I can't remember what level she is though).  Her husband though, has to sell his inventions through the inventory because he gains no experience and the sale price does not add up if he sells through the store.
I wonder if it has something to do with having 2 sims using it. When sales don't count, what has been the status for most people? Was it a second sim who was trying to sell stuff or was it a solo sim who was the only one taking stuff there?
Just a thought

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 08:02:03 AM »
Solo sim for me. My first ever attempt to sell stuff was paintings, if I remember correctly, but no affect to self-employment.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 08:07:20 AM »
Solo sim for me. My first ever attempt to sell stuff was paintings, if I remember correctly, but no affect to self-employment.

OK, guess that puts an end to that theory.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 08:31:13 AM »

My artist sold all his painting through the consignment store and it did count towards promotion. Once I did notice it had not been added to the employment page, but I think that was like lag, because 5 minutes later is was.

omega2alpha

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
I've had sculptors and artists consign items and had them count toward the self-employment.

Now I started a new game, and my sim can bring paintings to the shop, and they show up in the list of items, but they won't sell. When I click on cancel consignments, all the paintings show up as having been there for five days even though I just put them in 20 minutes previous.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »
I've had sculptors and artists consign items and had them count toward the self-employment.

Now I started a new game, and my sim can bring paintings to the shop, and they show up in the list of items, but they won't sell. When I click on cancel consignments, all the paintings show up as having been there for five days even though I just put them in 20 minutes previous.

That's how many days they have left to sell, not how long they have been there.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
In doing some testing for the upcoming da Vinci All You Can Make Buffet I uncovered a very key fact — it would seem that it does not make a difference who sells the goods at the Consignment shops as far as how much money is made. I had about 10 sculptures in family inventory and had the sculptor run over to the shop 3 separate times. He had the Born Salesman trait as well as Suave Seller reward. The totals were 15.9k, 17.7, and 12k. I reran the test 3 times with the sculptor's wife and I gave her the Born Saleswoman trait as well as the reward and her totals were 13k, 17.6k, and 12.1k. So, overall she had a little less, but it would appear the range is essentially the same — 12k to almost 18k per day.

This is key info for the challenge because I had it in my mind (and I think other players did too) that the actual artist needed to make the sales. I even double checked to see if the sculptor's experience bar rose in his Sculpting career when the wife went to the shop, and it did. So, this is really good news for two reasons — the sculptor does not need the Born Salesman trait and you can fill the slot with something that would better benefit him, and there's a lot of time gained over a lengthy challenge if a utility Sim can shuttle the goods for the artist.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
More reading and testing to do, but our family [Firefighter/part-time Inventor and his wife Investigator] can't action the consignment store register [or Clerk] properly either.

This really is the buggiest expansion EA has ever produced [and we've been there through TS1 and TS2 and TS3 with all the expansions.  :o