Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 159919 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
I keep having new clerks and I think every time they are replaced the old clerck takes my consignments with them grr!

The two main things I see being whacked out are 1) exactly what you mention above — clerk changes messes up everything; and 2) Inventions are sold but do not add to the career experience. I've had that particular problem happen several times. Sculpting and painting seem great and work as advertised. But, not inventions. Has anyone had inventions add to experience?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
I've got a casual game going - she's a painter and has been selling at the consignment store and getting experience. He has just started to dabble as an inventor and has sold a couple of things there and I think he got experience. After I get the kids of to school and do some housework, I'll fire up that game and check.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
I just took my woman to the shop and consigned some sculptures and I got this for the first time. How are customers getting bored?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
OK just checked and I was mistaken. My inventor didn't gain any experience from selling his inventions at the store  :(

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
OK just checked and I was mistaken. My inventor didn't gain any experience from selling his inventions at the store  :(

Norma

I was hopeful, Norma. But, yeah, I'm pretty sure I have not seen inventions ever boost experience.

I had another consignment store glitch today. This time it wasn't related to a clerk switch. And it wasn't related to inventions. But, everything dried up again for some painters. The only thing I can figure is that I missed a day and did not visit the consignment shop with paintings to consign. This seems to echo a similar thing that happened to me with my da Vinci walkthrough character — my guy went to the store every day, missed a day and then I had problems.

NickRod

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
I had a big problem with the consignment shop. My old painter would usualy consign her paintings every 2-3 days and it would be fine I would gain experience. But one day I went in and there was a diffrent consignment store clerk and I introduced myself, then hit buy but she would let me buy. It didn't even bring me to the screen where you buy and consign. I ended up just selling the paintings from my inventory. It dosen't matter anymore because that sim is dead  :'(

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »

I love that picture. Do you have a family trait of day-glow yellow hair, or it that the lighting?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
I love that picture. Do you have a family trait of day-glow yellow hair, or it that the lighting?
Thanks! I made them like that. Whenever anyone else joins the family, I change their hair as well! I have families with purple hair, red, orange even blue!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
Are the babies born with those colors of hair too?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
I'll PM you with the response. Don't want to get into trouble! ;D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2010, 06:44:29 PM »
I'm such a trouble-maker! To prove my innocence, I'll post on-topic!  :P

I have a tip about using the consignment shop. If you are running late to try to catch the clerk before closing time (mine closes at 5), just queue up the action of "buy" on the clerk's person, not the cash register. He will wait in readiness for you to arrive, even if it's past closing time.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
The consignment shop madness continues. I was running a test game for a future challenge and received some money right at 5 PM. But, guess what? My Sim never set foot into the consignment shop! I looked at the information panel to hopefully gain some info and it listed the prices of the top 3 items like always, but there was no description. Phantom objects.

I'm predicting the next consignment store bug will take on a whole new level, something so bizarre that EA might actually decide to address it — like the entire consignment store ending up in your family inventory after returning from a vacation!  ::)

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »
I tried the Store with a different family yesterday.  Sure enough, as advised previously, the "Cancel Consignments" seemed to clear a bug - there was something unidentified in her consignments list that ha been there for 0 days and was worth $0.  Cancelling all the consignments then gave the message that everything was "Sold.

HOWEVER ... our family that had never consigned anything still can't action either the Clerk or the Register, so the "Cancel Consignments" fix doesn't seem to apply!

I shall completely forget the Store until EA get these bugs sorted.  What a mess!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »
I bought some Tiberium at the consignment store, and had it heart-cut, but after several days it still hasn't transformed into a large spire cut. Is this situation unique to the consignment store, or does the same thing happen when it's purchased at a relic vendor? Does anyone know why this is?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
Try  putting it in your inventory and carrying it around for a while and see if your sim gets the nauseous moodlet, if they do, then remove it and it should grow.  Now, that is the way I just did mine not too long ago.  If it doesn't work, then, I am not sure, but it has always worked for me.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?