Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161077 times)

Offline Jonna

• Occult
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
I bought some Tiberium at the consignment store, and had it heart-cut, but after several days it still hasn't transformed into a large spire cut. Is this situation unique to the consignment store, or does the same thing happen when it's purchased at a relic vendor? Does anyone know why this is?

Happens to me too.  I gave up buying them at the consignment store, but you could always try, as Salty mentioned, carrying it around for a while.  I don't know the answer to your second question; I haven't ever seen Tiberium available to buy while on vacation.  Wouldn't you have to carry it around in your sim's inventory until you return home anyway?  That might fix the problem by itself.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »
Tiberium from a relics merchant is always fine.  I haven't purchased any from the Consignment Store, but it should work the same unless it's bugged.  Carrying around the heart cut should cause the nausea, at which time you need to set it out.  Be sure to have some space around it because it won't transform if something is right next to it.  It takes a couple of days for it to happen, too.

There's heaps of information about Tiberium on the Forum, so if there are more questions, please take them to one of the existing threads so that this one doesn't get pulled off topic.  Here are links to a couple of the threads:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1176.0.html

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,466.40.html
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2010, 01:23:28 AM »
Thanks, Pam. I've had a pretty good understanding of Tiberium and never had any problem with it until recently, which is why I thought it might be related to the shop. I did look at a few existing threads before posting though. Sorry.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »
It's ok, LlamaMama.  It could very well be related to the Consignment Shop, which is ok to discuss here.  I just didn't want the thread to turn into another Tiberium discussion.  Thanks for understanding.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
I don't have any problems with the shop... in fact just the other day my sim bought a heart shaped pink diamond.  ;D For those clicking the cash register, try clicking the cashier instead.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 01:23:12 PM »
Had a mild panic today after the latest upgrade ... the Consignment Register wasn't working again!!  Fortunately, the Sim had stuff already consigned, and was able to "Cancel Consignment" and start again.  Panic over [possibly] ... although I'm waiting to see if any consignments actually sell again.

I haven't checked the family that hasn't consigned anything yet, but I am nervous about whether the bug has actually been fixed.  It certainly wasn't mentioned in the "upgrade" documentation.   ???

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
Has anyone seen the martial arts training items for sale at the consignment shop? I keep looking, but haven't seen one there yet. The sell the book, though.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
Has anyone seen the martial arts training items for sale at the consignment shop? I keep looking, but haven't seen one there yet. The sell the book, though.

No, just the first book.  And trust me, I was looking because I really wanted that stupid board breaker!!  As an aside, I really wish we could sculpt the board breaker and training dummy.  Oh and I've only seen the second and third nectar books, but never the first.  Also, only the incense from France but not Egypt and China.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
No, just the first book.  And trust me, I was looking because I really wanted that stupid board breaker!!  As an aside, I really wish we could sculpt the board breaker and training dummy.  Oh and I've only seen the second and third nectar books, but never the first.  Also, only the incense from France but not Egypt and China.
Ditto.

Frey

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
My consignment shop is really messed up too, and I haven't been on vacation with my sim yet. I have experienced several issues... The most frequent one is the experience bar not progressing when I sell my stuff, but sometimes I don't even get the money for it. And my sim won't ever get a promotion (he's an inventor) for selling stuff there. But lately the consignment shop doesn't even work at all... I go there at any time of the day and the clerk doesn't appear. I've even spent there a whole simday but nothing happens.

Anyway... just let's hope that EA will fix this soon.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2010, 07:02:08 PM »
And my sim won't ever get a promotion (he's an inventor) for selling stuff there.

Make sure you're patched up, Frey. The Inventor issue was specifically addressed in the latest EA patch.

Frey

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2010, 01:22:12 AM »
According to my game launcher, I have the last patch already installed... but now you said that, I'm thinking about a CC trouble? when the first post-WA patch came out I had some issues related to CC being incompatible with it, so I suspect that might be my trouble. I hadn't thought about that until now, but I'm going to check it. Thanks!

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:36 AM »
I think we've tried everything now to get the consignment store to work with our main family [the others are OK].

There's no interaction with the register, and "Buy" on the Clerk just drops out.
We can't cancel consignments, because the Sim never made any.
We went to "Edit Town", bulldozed the lot, and re-installed a new Store.  Same problem.
We bulldozed and built from scratch, ensuring the correct Lot type.  Same problem.

Meanwhile, the family that had consignments to cancel has no problems at all.

Come on, EA ... this is a BIG bug fix that's needed.
Please get on with it, or at least admit to the World that you're working on the problem [are you?].

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Come on, EA ... this is a BIG bug fix that's needed.
Please get on with it, or at least admit to the World that you're working on the problem [are you?].

Trust me, they know about it. It's very frustrating that it wasn't fixed in the last big patch. Of all the Ambitions bugs, I was crossing my fingers big time on that one.

It's some weird coding thing that's causing the clerks to mess things up. It must be a behind the scenes thing — something that happens in the NPC's life. Or it could be multiple things that cause the glitch. The glitch has happened to me when Cornelia got pregnant and was replaced, when I missed a day of going in and selling, when I have returned from vacation, and when I seemingly have done nothing wrong/different and the clerk has not changed either. So, in the last case I'm wondering if something is going on in the NPC's life to trigger the bug — a move to a different house or something like that.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »
However, my inventor is getting credit for consignment sales toward his career for the first time, since the patch!