Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233640 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 3 - A Brush with Basil"
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 04:35:41 AM »
I'm really enjoying this Ausette! I hope you continue this to the end. Happy Birthday Sarah! Basil is really creepy. Even his name creeps me out.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 08:16:44 AM »
Happy Birthdays, Sarah! I've never had a Dislikes Children Sim be a parent, so this is interesting to read. Basil is rather creepy. Why do he keep showing up?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
Hm, I always wondered how a sim with the "Dislikes Children" trait would be as a parent. The way you're writing it is rather amusing too. :)

Thank you! Diana is hilarious as a mother. She has high relationships with her children and wants the best for them, but she gets a negative moodlet whenever she's around them and she generally wants as little to do with them as possible. Usually she just pops wishes like "see Sarah grow up well" that involve good things happening to her kids without her having to actually interact with them.

I'm really enjoying this Ausette! I hope you continue this to the end. Happy Birthday Sarah! Basil is really creepy. Even his name creeps me out.

I hope I get all the way to the end too! It's kind of freaky thinking that far ahead. I wonder how many chapters I write? When will I finish? How many kids will be born, and what will they look like? Whatever happens, I'm thrilled that you're enjoying it.  :)

Happy Birthdays, Sarah! I've never had a Dislikes Children Sim be a parent, so this is interesting to read. Basil is rather creepy. Why do he keep showing up?

For the first party, I invited him because he was a friend of Diana and Johnny's. For the second I think he just tagged along or maybe I invited him by accident (there's a lot of bald guys in Bridgeport). I'm considering inviting him to the next party because he's hilarious. Every party needs a Creepy Basil.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
Appaently he's a pizza delivery man, so you might have ordered pizza and he just decided to stick around. Or maybe he's just Creepy Basil.  :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 4 - Four Birthdays and a Baby"
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »
I've got four major uni assignments due in the upcoming fortnight. I'll get down to study soon, but in the meantime I'm procrastinating, which is why you get two chapters in one day! It seemed only fair given that I probably won't be posting much in the next two weeks. Also, I apologise for the darkness of some of these pictures. I've since installed overhead lighting in the Jones house.

Chapter 4 – Four Birthdays and a Baby

Shortly after Sarah’s birthday, Johnny becomes an Adult. Diana would be close behind him if not for her current condition.

Despite being on maternity leave, Diana stays involved with work by keeping touch with her co-workers, building up her Logic skill, and taking Opportunities. One particular Opportunity requires her to talk with Erika Talon, so they meet in the lobby of her apartment for a chat.

“Thanks for the talk, Diana. I think you can manage everything okay now. Later.”

So with her labour underway, Diana meets Johnny at the hospital…

… where she gives birth to a healthy baby girl named Alicia.

Johnny is so excited he feels compelled to run back to the apartment instead of, y'know, taking the subway with his wife and newborn daughter. Diana has to look after the baby by herself for the hours it takes for Johnny to get home.

Wow. I’ve never seen a Sim so visibly uninterested in her own child.

“Oh, it’s a baby. Imagine that.”

Diana ages to Adult and promptly hits a Midlife Crisis, so now she has those awful red desires popping up in her wish panel. She doesn’t get to move out, change jobs, or divorce Johnny, but I do allow her to buy a four-wheel drive, design some pretty lingerie and splurge on an expensive spa treatment.

Johnny becomes the Leader of the Free World, but there are things that matter more to him than that. Rather than stick around to make a press release, he rushes home to see his daughter on her birthday.

Johnny: “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alicia, happy birthday to you! Diana, why aren’t you singing Happy Birthday? You should really make the effort for your daughter.”
“Huh? Oh, I’m too busy trying to distract myself from the Midlife Crisis that made me want to divorce you five times this week.”
“…Carry on then.”

Alicia grows up with her mother’s hair colour, which I’ve started to hate because it clashes with Sarah and Alicia's darker skin tones. She looks a good deal like her sister except for her eyes. She’s Excitable and Perceptive, and her favourite things are Hip Hop, Yellow and Vegetarian Fish and Chips.

“Diana, I have to say it’s great to see you spending time with Alicia.”
“Hey, I try.”

“Now, you wait here while Mummy gets a Midlife Crisis tattoo and then strolls around for a while to work off the Stir Crazy moodlet she got from staying home with you all day. Oh, and the stylists can watch you while I pick up a birthday cake for Sarah.”

“Daddy, could you please get out of my cake so I can blow the candles out?”
“Just a minute, Sarah. I’m trying to set this blazer on fire.”

Sarah, as predicted, looks a whole lot like her mother. Her traits are now Good, Artistic, Mooch and Vegetarian. Our little Sarah has turned into a bit of a hippie.  :)

“I can’t believe my little girl has grown into a woman!” *sniff*
“Mum, let go! I’m a teenager now! I'm repulsed by you on principle!”
“But Sarah, you’re a teenager now! This is the first time in your life I’m not repulsed by you on principle!”

Poor Johnny. He’s got three moody women to look after now. I hope he makes it out of this okay.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 5 - Old Friends and Sly Sims"
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 11:07:33 PM »
Chapter 5 – Old Friends and Sly Sims

Diana decides to go back to work and Johnny takes time off to care for Alicia. I’m not exactly sure how the Leader of the Free World takes a week off. You think they’d miss him.

Diana dives right back into running vaccination sessions and free clinics. She seems to get them every other day, possibly because the hospital staff are sick of dealing with her Midlife Crisis.

“You’re doing great, Elspeth. Now hold still while the scanner bores into your tear ducts.”
“Wow, suddenly I don’t feel like I need to see a doctor at all!”

During his break, Johnny guides Alicia through all three of her toddler skills. This picture would be much cuter if not for the GIGANTIC PUDDLE OF TODDLER PEE they’re both standing in. How can such a tiny Sim hold so much fluid?

Since her parents are always busy, Sarah’s taken it upon herself to be the Jones family housekeeper. Ever since childhood she’s handled most of the household’s cooking and cleaning.

Other than that, she’s just like any other teenager. She does Art Club after school and preens for Facebook in the bathroom.

She also likes to paint pictures in her spare time, but the only place she can hang them is in her room because Johnny Can’t Stand Art.

I anticipated conflict, but Johnny and Sarah actually get along really well despite their differences in taste.

By the way, see the book over there? It’s called “How To Serve And Not Be Served” and there’s a new copy of it sitting in the lobby every other day. I know it’s probably a glitch, but I like to think it’s some random Sims’s passive-aggressive protest about Johnny’s politics, or a propaganda booklet from one of the parties he’s opposing.

*ping* *thump*
“Diana! Are you alright?”
“I’m fine! Just the experimental medicine kicking in! Do you mind carrying me up to the bedroom?”

The next day is Alicia’s birthday. Since it’s a Saturday and Diana’s gotten over her Midlife Crisis, I think that means it’s time for a birthday bash!

Johnny and Sarah play darts as they wait for the guests to arrive. I don’t think it would be safe to throw darts sixty metres above the street in real life, but luckily that's not what this is.

It’s so exciting to see the family’s old friends walking in through the door! And I do mean old friends. The fresh-faced youths of early Bridgeport are now all Adults and Elders.

And what Jones party would be complete without Creepy Basil Jackson: Seedy Old Man Edition? Notice how he clips through the wall in  an attempt to make eye contact with Elvira Slayer.

“He’s still there. Do you think if we ignore him he’ll go away?”
“Not a chance. Just try to dissolve or whatever it is you vampires do.” 

I don’t envy the Sims in that elevator.

Oh no you don’t. Hitting on aging townies I’ll allow, but Basil, stay away from my girl.

“Sarah, honey, just give us a shout if Basil starts making you uncomfortable.”
“I’ll be fine, Dad. I have darts.”
“That’s my girl! Don’t forget your training!”

Watch out, Elspeth! You know, in hindsight I probably shouldn’t have put the dartboard so close to the door.

Soon it’s time for cake. Here comes the birthday girl!

And what trait does sweet little Alicia roll? Why, she rolls the Evil trait! And here I was thinking she’d turn out like her sister. A Good Sim and an Evil Sim in the same household, what could possibly go wrong?

Well, whatever happens, it can’t be much worse than a party with Basil in attendance.

Run, Hannah Smythe. Run.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 4 - Four Birthdays and a Baby"
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »
Too funny! I love it! And, awesome pictures!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 5 - Old Friends and Sly Sims"
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
Thanks Jude!  ;D I'm so happy you're enjoying the story. I think I'm having a bit too much fun taking pictures - so far I've only played to the end of Alicia's teen years and I've got over a thousand screenshots.  :P

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 5 - Old Friends and Sly Sims"
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »
I don't take near that many pictures. I have enough trouble keeping track of the few I do take...LOL

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 6 - Rebellion"
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »
Chapter 6 – Rebellion

The nursery finally gets turned back into a bedroom. Hopefully it has everything a budding Evil mastermind requires.

“All will bow down to the mighty Queen Alicia! Tremble before your monarch, peasants!”

Yeah, Alicia rolled the Emperor of Evil Lifetime Wish three days into childhood. I wasn’t planning on choosing Lifetime Wishes until Young Adulthood, but with Alicia it felt like the right thing to do.

She hasn’t shown interest in any skills yet and she’s got ages before she needs them for her job, so I set her to work making baked goods for the family. I like having sweet things in the fridge and only child-aged Sims can make them.

“I have created FOOD, the basis of human subsistence! Soon I will monopolise this resource, and after that, the WORLD! MUAHAHAHAHA!”

“Rule the world? That’s cute, sweetheart. So you’ll be following in Daddy’s footsteps then?”
“N- I mean, exactly. Tell me how your government runs. Are there any weak points that must be considered?”

Sarah, possibly inspired by her crazy sister, sneaks out to Waylon’s Haunt on Sunday night. Unfortunately, she’s not used to acting out and very quickly catches the attention of the Bridgeport police department.

Sarah escapes a scolding by taking the elevator up to the apartment just before Diana takes it down to the ground floor lobby. Once downstairs, Diana apparently gets distracted by the fact that she’s standing out in public in her knickers, and the Scold interaction is dropped from her action queue. Why Sarah, you’re craftier than you look!

Monday evening is the night of Sarah’s school dance. I can’t believe how grown up she looks! *sniff*

“Just one minute, young lady! Your mother may not care you got arrested last night, but your father certainly does. Sarah Diana Jones, you are grounded!”

Holy cow! I thought we’d already dodged that bullet!

What? But Dad, it’s the school dance tonight! How could you do this to me?”
“You should have thought of that before you ran off to Waylon’s!”
“But Dad, I wasn’t even drinking!”
“It’s not that you were drinking, it’s that you went outside after dark! Actually now that I think about it I need to change that law. But my point still stands! There is no way you’ll be leaving this house tonight!”

“HAHAHAHAHA, my goodie-two-shoes sister has gotten herself into trouble! Whatcha gonna do, sis? You gonna cry about it?”

“Dad, I’ve made the beds and given the bathrooms and kitchen a scrub, and I managed to do it all without ruining my makeup. Can I please go to the dance now?”
“Huh, I could have sworn your mother did all the cleaning this morning. Sure, okay then. I think you’ve suffered enough for one night. “

But it’s too late. Sarah misses her dance. Even worse, she gets in deeper trouble for breaking curfew again. The poor girl can’t catch a break!

And because my game has a twisted sense of timing, the next day Johnny and Diana win a two day holiday and leave Sarah to look after Alicia by herself. Sarah, still a Good girl at heart, gets herself and her sister to school on time.

Alicia's class goes on an excursion to the police station. She has to sit at the front of the bus with the teacher, big surprise.

As much as I approve of sending Alicia to jail, I find myself worrying she'll undermine the system from within.

Deep within Sarah’s mind, a tiny spark of rebellion starts to flicker. Her parents are away. There’s no one here to stop her from doing what she wants. As she works on her late homework in class, an idea begins to take shape. When class is over, she stands by the gates to greet the students and invite them to the biggest, loudest party of the year.

But at that moment, a poster catches her eye. Sarah’s Art Club is throwing an Art-a-Thon competition that night. Sarah runs back home to grab her favourite painting and she dresses in the outfit she planned to wear to the school dance.

That evening turns out to be the defining event of Sarah’s teenage years. She thrashes the competition and brings home an original painting by her favourite artist. When she stands to take her prize, the entire school applauds for her. Her hard work has finally paid off. It’s the proudest moment of her young life, and at that moment she realises she’s never needed to rebel – the greatest joys in life come from working hard to make your dreams come true. All her thoughts of anarchy evaporate. The party never eventuates and her family members never learn about her plans.

Well, most of them don’t.

“WHO ARE YOU, AND WHY ARE EATING MY ICE CREAM?”
“Hi, Sarah’s sister. I’m Tawanna. Wasn’t there going to be a party here tonight?”
“NO.”

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »
I'm really enjoying this Ausette. A thousand photos may be a bit too much. I love Alicia.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »
I don't mind masses of screenshots myself.

And Alicia really have that imperial style down all ready, she'll rise to the top next to no time. (unless that teacher foils her plans).

Can't wait for more. :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »
Your story is too funny.  Poor Johnny living in a house full of female characters.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »
I'm really liking this story, Ausette! I can't decide whether I like Sarah or Alicia more!  :P

And, if it takes a thousand pictures to get the good ones, I don't think any of us will complain.  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
Thanks guys! The screenshot count is now well over 1300. Simfulicious, Johnny wished for a daughter both times, so now he just has to learn to deal with it. Audren, I have a definite soft spot for Sarah, but now Alicia's growing on me too and I don't think I'll be able to leave her behind in Bridgeport if I pick Sarah as the heir.  :P