Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233665 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 65 - Girl Trouble" (two-parter)
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »
RIP Bean and Valentine's afro.  :'(

Wow, Angelia is gorgeous! I think Travis would be better off with her then Keisha. Poor Preston though.  :(

Great update!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »

This is simultaneously the most beautiful and terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life. It almost looks like she's playing a piano, though. Or is that just because I'm imagining ominous organ music playing in the background?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »
Woo!

Travis better end up with Angelia. She's a shining example of townie genes done right!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Welcome back! Great storytelling as usual :)

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
The nutty Joneses are back! Ausette, I already said this way upthread, but I just adore your storytelling style. Thanks for another great chapter!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »
Thanks for all the comments, guys! I'm glad Angelia is such a hit already. You're definitely going to see plenty more of her. :)

The Joneses live! :D

B--but Valentine! You need your awesome 'fro! <whimpers>

WOW, I really hope it winds up working out with Travis and Angelia. She is simply gorgeous!

Thanks for the enthusiasm, Raia :) . Yeah, as disappointed as I was about the 'fro I think Angelia more than makes up for it. I have so many pictures of her looking serenely beautiful it's not even funny.

RIP Bean and Valentine's afro.  :'(

Wow, Angelia is gorgeous! I think Travis would be better off with her then Keisha. Poor Preston though.  :(

Great update!

Thank you Corey. Still don't like Keisha, eh :)? That's OK; I'm just glad you're enjoying my story and my Sims.

This is simultaneously the most beautiful and terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life. It almost looks like she's playing a piano, though. Or is that just because I'm imagining ominous organ music playing in the background?

Wow, thanks so much Hallucination! I'm flattered you like the screenshot so much, especially since it barely made it into the chapter in the end. I'm afraid there isn't a piano in the house and Stella is probably using the laptop in that picture, but I do have a similar screenshot of her sleeping that you might like:

Woo!

Travis better end up with Angelia. She's a shining example of townie genes done right!

Trip supporting townie genes? Alert the press  ;) . But seriously though, I'm glad you like her. I think she's mostly her mother (Mags Newbie) with her father Robert's hair but she also has a strangely dreamy quality all of her own.

Welcome back! Great storytelling as usual :)

Thank you jude! Great commenting as usual  ;). I always enjoy hearing from you.

I'm so crossing my fingers for Angelina!

Thanks Salti. I better not keep you waiting too long on the next chapter then.  ;)

The nutty Joneses are back! Ausette, I already said this way upthread, but I just adore your storytelling style. Thanks for another great chapter!

Aww, thank you Kim (can I call you Kim?) :). I'm glad you like my writing style so much; it's a lot of fun to do.

I'm not sure when the next chapter will be out but I'd just like to say thank you for reading along despite my erratic updating schedule. It really makes my day to see so many comments on my story after all this time  :). I can't offer much but I hope you'll accept this picture of Stella as a token of my gratitude. <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:43 PM »
I think Stella is my soulmate.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #548 on: January 30, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
I think Stella is my soulmate.

:o  If you say so! I'm glad you enjoy the character, lol.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #549 on: January 30, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »
Aw, R.I.P Bean  :'(

Good luck to Travis and Angelia! It's amazing how pretty she is!  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
I really liked her dress and weddings can be fun and stressful at the same time.  I don't have what is needed to do a wedding like that, I wish I could pick up what is needed, maybe someday I can afford the stuff.  I would love to have some of the pretty wedding gowns I see in the stories.

Looking forward to reading about the next town they go to.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #551 on: January 31, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Aw, R.I.P Bean  :'(

Good luck to Travis and Angelia! It's amazing how pretty she is!  :D

Thanks, Snuffles  :). I miss Bean too but I'm really keen about all the townie offspring this generation. Angelia is exactly the reason why I prefer original genes over story progression clones.

I really liked her dress and weddings can be fun and stressful at the same time.  I don't have what is needed to do a wedding like that, I wish I could pick up what is needed, maybe someday I can afford the stuff.  I would love to have some of the pretty wedding gowns I see in the stories.

Looking forward to reading about the next town they go to.

Hey Janna, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding, but there hasn't actually been one since Lucky Palms and I am currently halfway into the next town. I think if you check page 21 of this thread you'll be in for a nice surprise  :) . And yeah, I quite liked Nectar's wedding dress as well; it's a recolour of the Modern Evening Sari from the store. I think the India Inspirations clothes really suit her.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 66 - Important Dates" (two-parter)
« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »
Chapter 66 – Important Dates

Welcome back everyone! I hope you’re feeling better than Stella here. Stella… Well there’s no easy way to say this, but Stella looks like death. And she looks like death for a reason that’s significantly more serious than her grief for her boyfriend.

“Ninety-nine days already? Is it time?”

*sniff* Yes, Stella. It’s time.

…Or maybe not.

“Ahahaha, you’ll have to catch me first! Run for it, bony man!”

Now really Stella, there’s no sense stalling. You can’t cheat death in this game. Well, not unless you have a–

WHAT.

“OH MY WORD. SHE’S GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THIS.”
Nobody is going to kill me for this! Stella gets to LIIIIVE!”

STELLA! Where did you get that?! I thought I put all the deathflowers in Nectar’s inventory! Darn it, she must have harvested it from a special seed without me noticing. Argh, why do I never pay attention to the Tend Garden interaction? Now everyone’s going to think I deliberately kept the fan favourite alive to mollify my readers! Do you know what you’ve done to my integrity, Stella? Do you?!

“Who cares, I am breathing! And I suddenly feel the need to declare how attractive Gerard is! Ah, how good it feels to be alive and warm again!”
“RUB IT RIGHT IN, WHY DON’T YOU.”
“I do not understand. Are you requesting a massage?”
“*SIGH.*”

Oh Stella, you are in SO much troub…

…Aww, who could stay mad at that face. I guess that’s it then. Stella shall live to prey on innocent men another day, and at the very least I can be grateful that I’m not playing an Immortal Dynasty.

And now that I’ve sufficiently distracted you, it’s time for an update on the twins. Do the honours, Stella?

“Behold! Situated in front of you are two adolescent human males. The educational materials on the table before them serve to further their academic careers with the secondary benefit of distracting them from pressing social commitments, i.e. ‘prom’.”

Yep, it’s prom night already and both the boys are looking nervous. It’s now or never, guys. Let’s get the twins suited up and off to the school!

Ooh, the tension is killing me! Will Travis choose the right girl? Will Preston find somebody to love? There’s only one way to find out! The boys walk into the rabbithole, and…

Hooray! Ladies and gentlemen, true love has prevailed! The perfect heir has found his perfect spouse! Travis and Angelia shall never be parted again from this moment on!

“Hey, are the special effects really necessary? The bubbles are irritating my perfect girlfriend’s nose!”

Sorry, I got a little carried away there. I just love these guys so much. But that doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten about Preston, oh no! Believe it or not, he was actually voted Prom King. In addition to that, he’s got himself a love interest, and yes, she’s a townie offspring! And who exactly is the lovely lady our Preston has so unexpectedly charmed?

AHAHAHAHA! KEISHA?! Miss Simo-witch herself? Oh wow, I’m just dying to see how this pans out. In the meantime, they seem surprisingly romantic with each other and there hasn’t even been any shouting.

Yet.

“Oh. My. God. You did not just clip your hand through my chest.”
“Oh heavens, I’m so sorry! I have no idea what I was trying to do there!”
“Now that I’m willing to believe. Geez Preston, you’re such a dork.”
“Yeah.”
“Yup.”
“…”
“…”
“So, um… Sh-should we kiss or something?”
“Oh, if you must.”

Awww. This would be a lot sweeter if Preston didn’t simultaneously pop the wish to brush his teeth three times. However, he’s also popping up new wishes to travel with Keisha and otherwise spend money on her, so Preston at least seems relatively smitten.

Which is more than I can say about, oh, everyone else. Even Cynthia there looks fed up with her.

Keisha: “Out of my way, loser.”
Cynthia: “Sure thing, blondie. Wheee, mud!”
Keisha: “Ugh. You know the only reason you’re invited is because my boyfriend is a geek.”

Yeah, Cynthia’s still around a lot by the way. She comes to all the boys’ parties and is always Brightening everyone’s Days and dragging other Sims to the video game console with her. But for some reason she and Preston have been a bit nervous around each other lately, and I like to think I know the reason why…

“Ohmigosh, you can’t come in here! Keisha would MURDER me!”

Yeah, that. I think it’s a reasonable conclusion to draw; Cynthia’s only started acting skittish since the prom, and Keisha does seem like the territorial type. Look at this, for example:

If you just ignore Angelia being perfect and dreamy for a moment, you’ll see that Cynthia and Preston seem hesitant to interact with each other in Keisha’s presence. It’s just one quick regretful glance…

…And then they both look sad and avert their eyes. Aww, I hope their friendship can survive Preston and Keisha’s relationship. They’re so cute on the couch together.

Anyway, back to Angelia being perfect and dreamy. I’m afraid you’ll have to put up with me gushing about Angelia all the time because honestly I just love looking at her. I still can’t believe my game generated something so beautiful. She definitely has the Insane trait, though:

See? Only an Insane Sim could find formalwear watersliding so pedestrian that she can’t help but yawn while doing it.

But that’s OK because Travis is also pretty strange himself. For example, he pops the negative “Feeling Shy” moodlet from “Being Around Non-Friends” when alone in his room. I can only conclude that he a) hears voices or b) is overwhelmed by the giant fluffy rabbit looming over him in his sleep.

Their mutual weirdness definitely adds to the excitement when Angelia formally asks Travis out on a date. Aw, how sweet! I wonder what venue she’ll pick? The bistro? The park? The pub? The…

…Heck? What is this, some kind of garage-less garage sale? Is Angelia trying to start a Legacy by herself? Seriously, I don’t get it. What’s going on?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #553 on: February 02, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

“Angelia, I’m confused. Can you make me less confused?”

“I can try. Travis, welcome to my favourite spot in Riverview. I think it’s the site of the junkyard that was auto-placed when your family arrived in town. That junkyard was bulldozed almost immediately, but for some reason the abandoned furniture spawners stayed behind. Over time, the spawners generated a bookcase, a chair, a working radio, and all sorts of cool stuff. I come back every other week to see if there’s any new furniture. Isn’t it neat?”
“Wow, totally! Oh Angelia, how did you know I Love The Outdoors?”
“Well, this IS my favourite hangout. I always knew you’d like it too.”

And the rest of the date is spent awkwardly dancing in the glitched-up ruins of the Riverview rubbish dump (it seriously took me hours to figure the place out). I swear these two never run out of ways to make me love them together.

Mandy, meanwhile, has taken up gnome-hunting in her old age. She shimmies up the fruit trees in her neon green bikini and then leaps on the unsuspecting critters from above… Nah, just kidding. She’s playing in the sprinkler, I think.

No, Mandy’s real hobby is forcing guests to exercise.

“Run faster, you lazy slug! Sport stars don’t collapse like that!”
“But please, I’m not a sports star! I don’t even like sports! I’m just here because my sister Cora said you have a big TV!”
“You dare poison your mind with electronics?! Not only is that indefensible, it’s NO excuse for a lack of fitness!”

But all the fun activities in the world can’t make up for the fact that Mandy is over a hundred days old. She’s getting close and everyone knows it. Nectar even initiates a hug despite all the attention Mandy has pestered her for over the years.

Sure enough, later that week Mandy leaves work for the very last time. *sniff*

Amanda Jones loved men and hated computers. The healthy, natural lifestyle she swore by served her pretty well in the end, getting her all the way up to a hundred and six days of age. She was also an incurable flirt and spent most her elder years wearing a bikini everywhere. May she be rewarded with all the hot men to train she could dream of, included her beloved husband Omar. Rest in peace.

“AWW SHUCKS, I SWEAR THIS GARDEN WASN’T HERE A CENTURY AGO! MUDDY HEM! MUDDY HEM!

Grim can’t catch a break, can he? He does stick around for a bit, though.

…To hear a ghost story, of all things.

“…And then the detective told him SHE WAS DEAD ALL ALONG!
 “AIIIIEEE! THAT’S SICK, KID! SICK!”   

And as usual, I am unable to get normal mourning pictures of my Sims.

“I’m not sure if I miss my mother or if I’m gearing up for a sneeze! Nothing makes sense anymore!” *wail*

I’m very sad to lose Mandy but at least someone here has used a recent reaper visit for some good (*grumble grumble*). Stella has bounced right back to her cheerful self since her resurrection. In fact, the day I catch her reclining expectantly on one side of Gerard’s bed I promptly decide that she might finally be ready to move on from her previous boyfriend.

And it just so happens that on a trip to the Catacombs she finds herself a genie lamp! (and Krista Shelley sleeping out in the graveyard all night but I don’t know what that’s about.) Stella immediately takes it home and tries it out by herself the next day. She’s popped a wish to wish for love, but if we’re lucky we can get that more directly.

“Greetings! I am the genie of the– Hey! Would it kill you to put on some clothes before the summoning?”
“No. would it kill you to take off some clothes before the summoning?”
“Look miss, the bare chest is enough. I think your attitude calls for some booing! Booo! Boo-”

“-Oh. I, uh, I wasn’t expecting this interaction to involve actual physical contact.”
“Evidently. But I am glad. Does it not feel nice to have your arms around me, blue man? Do you not think you would enjoy moving your body even closer?”

“Ooh! Oh wow, this isn’t bad at all! Are… are you sure you’re not the one granting my wishes, miss?”
“Why, I do believe I detect the Hopeless Romantic trait! How exquisite. You will make a fine mate once your curse is broken, my cyanotic summon.”
“Hey, who said we have to wait for curses to break?”
“I approve of that proposition.”

“Mmmph, I think I’m in love. What’s your name again?”

The genie’s name is Joaquin Donahue, by the way. Interesting mix of nationalities there. So far he and Stella get along very well.

VERY well. I’ve seen plenty of Sims Woohoo in my day but this is the first time it’s actually caused one of the partners to explode.

So after a couple of wishes for money (wouldn’t want to waste them, after all), Stella duly wishes to Free the Genie and carries out the standard opportunities. Yeah, by all means polish that lamp with your filthy bare forearm. It’ll be sparkling clean in no time.

“Oh, Stella! Thank you thank you thank you! I can finally carry out my dream of becoming a doctor and I can talk to the lovely humans and clean your house three times a day and every night I can simply stare into your eyes and know I love you!”

Whoa, there’s quite a personality on this one! Friendly, Easily Impressed, Hopeless Romantic, and Neat. Gee Stella, are you sure you didn’t wish for the perfect man? I think young Joaquin is going to be a rather fun addition to the Jones household.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »
Stella might have had a special seed in her inventory that turned out to be a deathflower seed. Some recent patch made it so that deathflower seeds can function as deathflowers. And that's why mortals can't carry special seeds in immortal dynasties now. :P

But RIP Mandy. And I'm glad that Travis chose wisely!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded