Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233610 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Happy Valentine's Day!"
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »

Speaking of the military, Angelia becomes a soldier with no skills and with Curtis Shaw as her boss. And yet somehow, she manages two promotions in two days. How on Earth did you sweet-talk Curtis into promoting you, Angie?!

Oh who am I kidding, it’s because she’s perfect. Just look at these two.

“Oh Travis, I’m so overworked I just popped a wish to get demoted, but I look at you and all the stress melts away.”

“Angel darling, why didn’t you say you were stressed? We should go to the junkyard; there might be something fun there.”
“Sounds great, sweetie! It’s been way too long.”

“Travis, over here! I think there’s a TV!”
“Wait! That’s not interesting! Err... Toy box! You should check in the toy box.”
“Well alright dear, but I don’t–“

“Oh!”
“Angelia. I love you. I’ve loved you since the first night I saw you and I’ve never stopped loving you since. Will you do me the honour of loving me back for the rest of our lives together?”

And she says yes! (and I totally didn’t have to delete Travis’s “Feeling Unlucky” moodlet to ensure that!). The wedding is planned for next Thursday. There’s just a few more days of relaxation before we up and move again.

“Ah, a refreshing play in the sprinklers. Just the thing before a long day in the office.”

Err, Preston, I wouldn’t do that if I were you…

…There’s a dirty old lady in your midst. Yeah no wonder you have a lot in common, you’re both from the same gene pool! Stella, you don’t need to “get to know someone better” if you helped raise them from childhood! Yuck yuck yuck

NO! BAD Stella! Step away from your great-nephew!

“I merely told the boy a useful pickup line for females of appropriate age.”

No, that’s a flirt and you know it! Go play in the garden or something and leave the boys in peace.

Travis, meanwhile, prepares for the wedding in his own weird way.

“Oh great and ancient fluffy bunny, I ask for your blessings upon tomorrow’s union. I have prepared an offering of perfect carrots so you may bring us luck.”

“Hmm, yes, I see. His Rabbitness is most wise.”

“Babies?”

Gerard, we’ve been over this, NO! Do you not understand how precious household space is?

“But but…”

You’ll have grandchildren soon! Plus if you get Nectar pregnant there won’t be enough room in the household for Preston’s future wife. She won’t be able to come to the next town with us. You don’t want that, do you?

“Who, Keisha? Well…

Oh, never mind.

And it’s the day of the wedding already! Travis and Angelia go for a small, down to Earth backyard ceremony. Here is the arch…

..And here are the guests. Let’s do this!

“Hold still, dear. Must…  adjust… flowers….”
“Darling, I’m not sure that’s important right n–“

*thump*
“OK, got it! All good!”

That bit of weirdness over, it’s time for the ceremony. Aww, the Insane “strangle self” animation looks totally cute here!

“Travis, you’ve gripped my heart the way I’m currently gripping my throat. And now my heart is in my throat. Or something?”
“Oh you’re so sweet. I’m glad we wrote our own vows, dear.”

And there we are! Congratulations, Travis and Angelia Jones!

“Yay, wedding cake! When do I get a piece?”

It’s behind you, dear. You’re missing your own cake cutting.

Meanwhile, I find Preston mixing drinks in the kitchen by himself. Aww, poor Preston. How could something as happy as a marriage get you down?

Ah.

“Oh my Gawwwwd Preston, could you pick a more BORING suit?”
“I’m in politics. Boring is good.”
“Boring is BORING! Ugh, I can’t believe you. And here I thought that Rebellious trait might start to make you interesting!”

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 67 - Let's Finish This Town Already"
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

“Hang on, Keisha. If you don’t find me interesting, why on Earth are we dating?”

“Oh, husbands don’t have to be interesting, silly. They just need to be safe. I get to date some rich, reliable politician who’ll provide me with the lifestyle I desire, and you get to date a gorgeous blonde socialite who’ll resist the urge to gag when she sees your pale nerdy chest. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship.”

“Mutually beneficial? When I’m supposed to act grateful for being tolerated?  What is wrong with you?! You want rebellious, I’ll GIVE you rebellious! There’s a woman at this party who appreciates who I am, and that woman isn’t you. Keisha, this sham of a relationship is OVER.”
“What? But you’re meant to provide for me!”
“No! And you’re not even a real blonde!”

“Hmmph! You’re a terrible boyfriend.”

And that’s that.

“Hey Cynthia, can I ask you something?”

“Eeee, what are you DOING? Keisha will KILL us!”
“No, she won’t. But she would have. A life with Keisha would have stamped out every trace of happiness, every trace of myself from my existence. Everything that my friendship with you has been.”
“…What are you saying, Preston?”
“I’m saying what I should have said at prom. Being with Keisha was all about ignoring each other’s flaws, but with you, it’s like we don’t even have any. You’ve always accepted me exactly as I am, and I’ve never wanted to change a thing about you. You’re Good and Brave and it’s time I took on those qualities for myself. Cynthia, I know this is sudden, but will you throw it all away to run away with me?”
“…”
“Cynthia? Is that a no?”

“…That was the most romantic thing that’s ever happened to me. Or anyone. YES, you silly man!”

Hooray! I always liked Cynthia.

*sob sob* “Why did no one elope with ME? Is it because of my eeeeeears?

No, it’s – well if we’re talking indirectly then I guess it IS about your ears. Sorry Sheena.

“Ah, forbidden love. I miss those days.”

Well I miss the days when you still had amazing hair, Valentine! Yes, I’m still bitter about the ‘fro. :(

Valentine, I think they’re trying to have a moment, that’s starting to get inappropriate.

Valentine–

“I’m stuck. I literally can’t stop clapping. Please reset me before I’m forced to watch them Woohoo.”

Oh, whoops! Sorry about that.

After the wedding, Travis and Angelia have a quick honeymoon at guess where. I’m going to miss the glitchy ex-junkyard lot.

Meanwhile, Preston and Cynthia run off for a quick civil ceremony, making Cynthia officially a part of the Jones family! One makeover later and she’s free to hang out with her husband. Cynthia’s CAS pics aren’t the most flattering but trust me, she’s very cute when she smiles. She wants to be a Master Magician and her traits are Couch Potato, Brave, Slob, Good, and Light Sleeper. Yes, that’s THREE traits she shares with Angelia! I think they’ll get along well.

“Light Sleeper Slob hug! Finally someone who understands the challenge of sleeping with piles of clothes on their bed! Wanna have a pillow fight?”

There’s so much love in the Jones house right now. I’m SO not used to this.

And after some final goodbyes, it’s time for the Joneses to set sail once again.

Goodbye, Riverview. I had a lot of fun with a booming population in a quaint little farming community. Luckily, the next town won’t be too different from home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
The next town will be...the fourth town Stella has lived in. Yikes indeed!

Welcome back to this now.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Yay, they're back!   :D

And now I think I'll have to re-read the whole thing because, even with the delightful family tree, I've rather lost track of who's who (apart from the unforgettable Stella, obviously).

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
The next town will be...the fourth town Stella has lived in. Yikes indeed!

Welcome back to this now.

I know, right? Silly deathflower :P . Glad to be back!

This is brilliant! And that was the best family tree ever.

Yay, glad you like it! The family tree was so much fun. :)

Yay, they're back!   :D

And now I think I'll have to re-read the whole thing because, even with the delightful family tree, I've rather lost track of who's who (apart from the unforgettable Stella, obviously).

Oh dear, I hope the tree at least helped! Glad Stella at least sticks out. ;)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Joneses are back! Hurrah!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Yay! The Jonses are back! The tree is helpful, but I'm going to have to go back and read a few chapters anyway. I was away from the forum for quite some time because I was way too busy with my studies, so I've missed a lot. But I have time to read now, hooray!
Also, congratulations on your postgrad! I'm glad things are going so great for you!  :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
I'd forgotten how creepy Stella was as a child and teen.  She's been a mad, flirty old lady with interesting boyfriends for so long that it hadn't really registered that the Stella we have now is really pretty benign by comparison with her younger self.

(Yes, I went back and reread the whole story.  It was nice to be reminded of Ben, Hope and Bean :).)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 67 - Let's Finish This Town Already" (3x)
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:53 AM »
The Joneses are back! Hurrah!

Indeed :) ! It's good to be back.

Yay! The Jonses are back! The tree is helpful, but I'm going to have to go back and read a few chapters anyway. I was away from the forum for quite some time because I was way too busy with my studies, so I've missed a lot. But I have time to read now, hooray!
Also, congratulations on your postgrad! I'm glad things are going so great for you!  :)

Thanks Roxanne, hope you don't have to read too far. Hope your own studies went well. :)

I'd forgotten how creepy Stella was as a child and teen.  She's been a mad, flirty old lady with interesting boyfriends for so long that it hadn't really registered that the Stella we have now is really pretty benign by comparison with her younger self.

(Yes, I went back and reread the whole story.  It was nice to be reminded of Ben, Hope and Bean :).)

The whole thing, wow! I'm very impressed :P . But yes, Stella was Stella from a very young age and it's probably for the best that she's softened a little.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 68 - New Field"
« Reply #595 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »
Chapter 68: New Field

Once again it’s time to get established in another neighbourhood. Welcome to Appaloosa Plains, the penultimate town for the Jones town jump! Yep, just one more world after this and the challenge is finally done. Although come to think of it I’ve bought some new towns recently so let’s just see how that goes.

And welcome to Farmland Fiesta, the latest home for the Joneses! It’s going to be slightly cramped with just four bedrooms and four bathrooms, but it makes up for its deficits in one big way:

COLOURS! Reds and golds and greens, hooray! I was SO sick of the muted Riverview house I just had to go all out. One more minute of pastel pink wallpaper and I would have hurt myself.

And because I felt like some extra building, Preston and Cynthia get their own house too! This is Gritty in Pink, 4 bed 3 bath. You won’t see it much but considering the effort I felt obliged to show it off anyway.

Aaand now we cut to the actual move, which happens in the middle of the night because that’s when I finished pollinating. Let’s just pretend their flight was late or something.

Cynthia moves out to get established and make space in the household. Once she’s out, Preston can drop over to Try For a Baby before moving out himself.

“Oh Cynthia, I know this is fast but I’m really feeling it for some reason. Mind if I stay the night?”
“Oooh I don’t know, what kind of girl do you think I am?” *giggle*

And out they go! Best of luck to their little family.

“They’re not responding. Better ring it again.”

Oh look, some neighbours have come to welcome us to town. After midnight. Seriously guys, couldn’t it have waited until morning? This just seems more threatening than welcoming.

The again, maybe they’re just strange. Look, there’s junkyard romance in this town too!

Nectar ages up to Elder shortly after the move. She looks about thirty-five. No wonder Gerard kept wanting to make babies with her! Although then again, that could just be Gerard being Gerard.

“Danger danger, hazardous area! Trust me, I’m an astronaut.”

Oh I trust you. The eye protection and high-vis speedo gave it away.

Meanwhile, Stella uses the move as an opportunity to claim a bike from storage. Whose was this again? I can’t remember who owned it first, but I guess it’s Stella’s now.

“Hooray, my Stella is home! I can’t wait to summon a perfect meal for her and cuddle under the stars!”

Oh Joaquin, I’m really warming up to you. I’m normally not fond of default townie faces but Joaquin’s is different somehow. He’s just so happy all the time!

Awwww these two are just unbearable. I love Hopeless Romantics.

Speaking of romance, Travis and Angelia quickly get down to baby-making. Before you know it she’s vomiting from her eyeballs, which means the miracle of life is soon upon us.

Travis autonomously checks out the nursery in anticipation of the birth. Aww, what a sweet dad! Can’t you just imagine the midnight feeds, the dirty nappies, the constant screaming…

What have I done???

There there Travis. The baby stage only lasts for a day. Besides, you’re good at everything!

Well, maybe not cooking. You’re actually really bad at cooking. Travis has four skill points and yet burns food at an unprecedented rate. Which is a shame, because all the meals Mandy made were spoiled by the move somehow. Now there’s no more Mac and Cheese from thirty years ago. :(

With her bump showing, Angelia gets parked in front of the TV to watch the children’s channel. Yeah, I’m aiming for twins again. She seems to get really into it.

“I… I see it now. Two ears, two babies, it all makes sense! All hail His Glorious Rabbitness!”

“Ah, I can hear the lullabies already. Seriously, I think I hear music emanating from your hips.”

Yeah I really don’t know where these guys keep their phones. Best not to think about it. As you can see, Angelia’s getting ready to pop. Shortly after this I send her out for a spa treatment and am not surprised by my camera suddenly auto-zooming towards her. Obviously I assume it’s time for the babies to arrive!

I’m wrong.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2015, 12:26:53 AM »
The camera doesn't auto-zoom for babies anyways!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #597 on: September 03, 2015, 04:20:12 AM »
COLOURS! Reds and golds and greens, hooray!
Wow, that is a colourful house  :).  I was thinking ‘Christmas’ at first but, come to think of it, it completely fits in with the rather autumnal colour scheme of Appaloosa Plains.

Nectar’s a very youthful-looking elder.  But then, so is Gerard.  Are you using custom skins?

Obviously I assume it’s time for the babies to arrive!
I’m wrong.
:'( RIP, Stella...  That is, assuming she hasn’t got another deathflower stashed away somewhere.  I wouldn’t put it past her.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #598 on: September 03, 2015, 04:30:40 AM »
The camera doesn't auto-zoom for babies anyways!

Oh dear, that shows how out of touch I am. I'll remember that now :P

Wow, that is a colourful house  :).  I was thinking ‘Christmas’ at first but, come to think of it, it completely fits in with the rather autumnal colour scheme of Appaloosa Plains. Nectar’s a very youthful-looking elder.  But then, so is Gerard.  Are you using custom skins?

Aww, thank you :) . I love your houses so I'm super grateful for the compliment! And no, I don't use any mods or CC, so I have no idea how the elders have such good skin.

:'( RIP, Stella...  That is, assuming she hasn’t got another deathflower stashed away somewhere.  I wouldn’t put it past her.

I wouldn't either :P . Guess we'll all find out on the next update!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #599 on: September 05, 2015, 02:21:21 AM »
Ah no, Stella!  :'(  ( and once again, I'm late to comment  ::) ) Now, does she have another deathflower with her? Hmm... suspense!

That is yet another gorgeous house! I always love your houses and this one's no exception.  :)