Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233628 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 68 - New Field"
« Reply #600 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »
Ah no, Stella!  :'(  ( and once again, I'm late to comment  ::) ) Now, does she have another deathflower with her? Hmm... suspense!

That is yet another gorgeous house! I always love your houses and this one's no exception.  :)

Not as late as I am :P ! Sorry about that, I'm terrible at getting things done on time as you can see. Glad you like the house. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 69 - Seedlings"
« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »
Chapter Next 69 – Seedlings

So, where were we? Ah yes, Stella.

“Stella, noooo!! I have so much more love to show you!”
“Exquisite! When may we begin?”

“Oh. We meet again.”
“HELLO STELLA. DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE PRETTY FLOWERS?”
“No. Stella is not allowed them anymore.”
“AH, SUCH A PITY. FLOWERS ALWAYS MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL.”

“Mister Hoodie would like to feel special now, would he? Stella could–“
“NOW REALLY, WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR? I KEEP THINGS VERY PROFFESSIONAL. NOW DO THE FLIP.”

Stella Jones. When to even begin? Stella’s lifetime marked an era in the Jones house, and not just because she lived for so very long. She was completely unique and tons of fun in her awkward creepy way, and I’ll probably find a reason to play with Stella again in the future. Rest in peace.

And just like that it’s over, leaving just Stella’s boyfriend, Stella’s tombstone, and clouds of Stella’s B. O. lingering in the air.

*sniff* “I wish I had more time with her, but I’m grateful I was here for the end.”

Glad you appreciate it. Now get back to work please. Oh don’t look at me like that. You still have an hour of your shift, that’s plenty of time to earn a promotion.

“I will push on… for her.”

That’s the spirit! Now where was I…

“Baby!”

Oh, right. To the hospital!

And out pop two baby girls! Just two, thank heavens. I was worried for a minute that Stella’s death had opened up space for a third. The twins are named Marigold and Peony because I felt like flower names this time.

Joaquin soothes his grief by taking on most of the childcare. Who wouldn’t want a magical nanny?

This gives Travis a chance to max his Athletic skill (with help from Nectar of course).

“Mum, I’m done! I don’t have to do more running! Please stop yelling at me!”

There’s only Logic to go and his Lifetime Wish will be complete. After a well-deserved break of course.

“Argh! Who are these people? Why are they here?!”

Because Joaquin had an opportunity to throw a party for work, so I thought I’d multitask and make it a birthday party! And I somehow forgot to invite Joaquin's coworker so I’m going to throw another one straight after this. Sorry Travis.

Well look at that, we have a pair of redheads! Gerard’s genes really came through with these two. Marigold (left) is a Friendly Virtuoso who takes strongly after her mother. Peony, however, got mostly her father’s features and the traits Perceptive and Evil. Oooh, I haven’t had an Evil Sim for a while! Evil starts quite early apparently.

See, she’s already indoctrinating her sister.

“Dada silly. Mama silly. Ma-gold friend. Ma-gold help Peony drive Mama and Dada crazy from lack of sleep.”
“Ga ga?”
“Help drive Mama and Dada more crazy.”

Babies are growing into toddlers all over town now, and I’m reminded once more that Sims are terrible parents. Whenever I send Travis around to visit (because of course I want to scout out spouses) the toddlers are always unattended and miserable. Generally you can find them either in the garden….

…Or by the stairs. Toddlers love stairs.

Not that they’re safe at home either; even loving parents occasionally impale their kids on their arms. Good thing we’ve established toddlers are invincible.

Luckily, it’s soon time for the girls to become children. Yeah, already. Let’s see how they turn out.

The girls grow up and… oh dear. You’ll never guess their new traits.

Ready for it? Evil little Peony (right) becomes, what else, Insane. I swear that was random. It’s basically a family trait at this point. And Marigold will make a fine henchman for her sister, because guess what? THEY’RE BOTH EVIL NOW! I have Evil twin girls in my game!

“Sister M.”
“Sister P?”
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”
“I’m not sure, Sister P. What are you thinking?”
“I’m thinking… oh dear sister, I’m thinking… with our innocent looks, with my brains and your sweetness, we could, with minimal effort…”

“TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »
I am liking those traits!

May they try to fill the Stella-shaped void in our hearts. </3
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
Evil twins with a side of insane. It doesn't get much better than that.

Ha, I certainly hope so! :)

I am liking those traits!

May they try to fill the Stella-shaped void in our hearts. </3

Yeah, the same thought occurred to me. Both girls have a wish to see a ghost so perhaps I should introduce them to her. ;)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #605 on: September 16, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »
Evil twins ;D

Also, Stella's death scene was awesome.  So very Stella-ish :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #606 on: October 07, 2015, 05:16:17 AM »
Evil twins ;D

Also, Stella's death scene was awesome.  So very Stella-ish :)

Glad you liked it :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 70 - Pink and Redheads"
« Reply #607 on: October 07, 2015, 05:37:37 AM »
Chapter 70 – Pink and Redheads

Once again, we return to the charming and picturesque Jones household. Here we observe a peaceful chess match, befitting the intellect and dignity of my Sims.

“Thanks for the helpful game, Joaquin! We’ll max that Logic in no time. Love the new lab coat, by the way!”
“Oh, this? It’s just a small perk from my latest promotion. The real reward is seeing the gratitude on the faces of my patients.”

“And here comes your charming wife! How was the base today, Angie?”
“Lovely as usual, Joaquin! It’s always a privilege to serve my country. But I was so busy disarming landmines and digging wells that I didn’t have time to plan dinner!”

“No need to worry! I’ve got enough food for everyone.”
“Oooh Dim Sum, my favourite! You’re a life-saver, Jo.”
“It’s what I strive for every day.”

“Oh Travis, life with you is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. Perfect job, perfect husband...”
“Don’t forget the adorable children!”
“Of course, how could I forget? Tell me, how are the sweet little darlings?”

“CRUSH BURN DEATH DESTROY”
“CRUMPLE BENEATH MY TALONS, PUNY MORTALS”

Yes, even my sweetest couple ever can’t produce an actual normal, happy family. Sigh.

I kid. Despite their Evil traits the girls are actually quite upbeat and functional. They have ballet during the week and do plenty of homework and skilling in their free time.

See, Peony’s made a friend! This is Tristan Miller. She’s going to his place after school.

“Tristan has proved capable of colour-coordinating with my outfits. He will make a fine henchman.”

“Thank you Peony for being my friend! I was wondering though, can I wear a different outfit? Pink isn’t really my colour-“

“NO, you blithering idiot! We wear pink or purple stripes! Pink or purple! Do I have to beat you over the head with it?!”

*THWAK*

“Haha, this is fun! You’re fun, Peony!”

Tristan has the Brave trait, can you tell? He’s definitely not afraid of her.

Which is more than I can say for the rest of her cohort. This screenshot is from Peony’s second day at school. She moves quickly, I can tell you that.

Aww, but just look at that devious little face. What are you planning, little girl?

“Muahaha! I didn’t scrape the plates and now the dishwasher is broken! Suffer, flimsy appliance! Feel those chicken bones GRIND in your greasy innards!”

Oh, good! Angelia could do with more Handiness experience.

“Quiet, you. Must you spoil everything?”’’

Marigold, meanwhile, is designated Oven Kid for the generation. Can’t get brownies in Sim-land without child labour! She even bakes when she has French toast somehow glitch-stuck to her hand.

Eh, they weird me out, but the girls haven’t done anything particularly Evil yet. We’ll see.

Meanwhile, Nectar and Gerard have entered the “happy and useless” stage of Elder life. They’ve both fulfilled their lifetime wishes and Gerard only works one day a week. When they’re not helping their kids skill, they’re playing video games and exercising together. Both have the Marathon Runner achievement plus Nectar’s a Vegetarian so I suspect they’ll both live quite a good while longer.

Err, I always turn off speech bubbles when I play, is this normal?

“No, please! I’m not a real stereo! I was trapped by an evil wizard! Please believe me!”
“Huh, what a weird pop song.”

“Golly, that new vibrate setting sure is something!”

Gerard, no! Your wife just left for the park! Hold on!

“Please sir, just five more minutes. I just want to see my wife before I go.”

Nectar, hurry UP!

“We’re home! Why is everything so rushed today?”

Come on come on come on!

You’re almost there! Run!

“Kids, what’s going on? Where’s Gerard?”

But alas, she misses by seconds.

Poor Gerard. Gerard Lancaster-Jones was a very sweet, if neurotic Sim. I was glad to see him relax and enjoy life more in his later years. He will be missed.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, &quot;Chapter 70 - Pink and Redheads&quot;
« Reply #608 on: October 07, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
Aww. RIP Gerard!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #609 on: October 07, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
Nectar was so close. Good thing the game glosses over trauma pretty well. :P

I love the girls! Even if their outside sweetness and charm is all part of their bigger plan.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #610 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »
Aww. RIP Gerard!

Thanks JudeSims, I'll miss him too. :(

Nectar was so close. Good thing the game glosses over trauma pretty well. :P

I love the girls! Even if their outside sweetness and charm is all part of their bigger plan.

Lol, I know right? If only sadness ended so cleanly in real life. :P

I'm glad you like the girls! They're actually really fun to play :) . I had a bit of a block with the writing, but in-game I just finished designing their YA outfits.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, &quot;Chapter 70 - Pink and Redheads&quot;
« Reply #611 on: October 11, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »
Well, this has been an extremely awesim way to spend 12 hours! I have had this bookmarked for ages and only now got a chance at reading it from chapter 1! I can really see why so many people on this forum sing your praises! This was funny, heart-warming, tear-jerking and just plain excellent!

Nectar is by far the most gorgeous Jones to date! I say "to date" because I have the sneaky suspicion that those perfect Travis and Angelia genes might make for an even BETTER looking sim (or two as the case may be). My favourite Jones has to be tied between Ben and Stella. Ben in that speedo with that axe O_O and Stella with her twisted attempts at flirting (I think flirty and no sense of humour should be mutually exclusive but for this story I'm really glad that they weren't!)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #612 on: October 11, 2015, 09:03:58 PM »
Oh, you're so sweet! Thank you so much for commenting :) . Ben and Stella are definitely the favorites around here, lol. I'm surprised you also like Nectar though, I guess I was so sick of the Twinbrook jaw I didn't notice how pretty she is. Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to seeing you around! :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #613 on: October 11, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
I think on her own, Nectar has a delicate beauty about her. It's just so easy to get tired of genes, even the best of them (which her jaw wasn't, but oh well).

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #614 on: October 11, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »
Correction: I think I was sick of her jaw and nose. Just remembered the tiny nose Nectar, Mandy, Liberty and Lisa have. So many women (and Preston) with that jaw/nose combo! You're both right though, Nectar's quite lovely on her own; I really like her wide-set dark eyes.