Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 235589 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 76 - DONE!" (triple update)
« Reply #645 on: December 12, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »
Wow! Congratulations! Volcania is super pretty! I love that romper you gave her as a teen. Apollo, Kyrie, and Dante tool great as well! I love Tomas too, I didn't know Nraas SP could make ghosts have children!

Looking back on all the heirs, I'd have to say my favorite was Ben.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #646 on: December 14, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »
Wow! Congratulations! Volcania is super pretty! I love that romper you gave her as a teen. Apollo, Kyrie, and Dante tool great as well! I love Tomas too, I didn't know Nraas SP could make ghosts have children!

Looking back on all the heirs, I'd have to say my favorite was Ben.

Thanks Beezy :) ! Ben was something special, wasn't he. May have to play him again someday.

Just to clarify, Tomas isn't the son of a ghost; he's the grandson. His parents are both live, normal, non-blue Sims, but he and his sister inherited their blueness from their deceased grandmother Penny Hale (wiki link with Hale family tree). So take note Sunlit Tides players: Kimo Hale has a secret blueness gene ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #647 on: December 15, 2016, 05:35:28 PM »
Random reactions:

I'm not sure if Sims can use potions unless they have the Unlucky trait but it's definitely worth being cautious.

Insane Sims can definitely do it too.  I’d suspect that it also applies to Sims with the inappropriate trait but don’t have any evidence for or against.

Aww! Tristan’s ‘child-hating’ is really quite sweet.

Ooh! Tomas has a beauty spot.  How on earth did that happen?  I keep hoping for freckles and moles to last past the first generation.

Volcania’s 'unflirtiness' is hilarious :D

And it all ended far too siddenly, as a lot of challenges do.  Really hoping to see a rejuvented Angelia in the epilogue, settling down with Travis into their own private junkyard.  And a future for Stella with a hot bloke, of course :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #648 on: December 15, 2016, 08:51:54 PM »
Random reactions:

Insane Sims can definitely do it too.  I’d suspect that it also applies to Sims with the inappropriate trait but don’t have any evidence for or against.

Aww! Tristan’s ‘child-hating’ is really quite sweet.

Ooh! Tomas has a beauty spot.  How on earth did that happen?  I keep hoping for freckles and moles to last past the first generation.

Volcania’s 'unflirtiness' is hilarious :D

Good to know about the potions! I'd never had it happen before so I'm on the alert for it now. Glad you liked the characters; I'm afraid this whole section was very rushed so I didn't end up squeezing out much personality from them. And yeah, the beauty spot was a nice surprise for me too; I didn't do anything special with my mods to cause it so it must just happen with the basic NRASS story progression.

And it all ended far too siddenly, as a lot of challenges do.  Really hoping to see a rejuvented Angelia in the epilogue, settling down with Travis into their own private junkyard.  And a future for Stella with a hot bloke, of course :)

Well we'll just have to wait and see how goes, won't we? ;)

I'm afraid Stella's staying dead for now but she'll definitely be back for future projects. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, Epilogue
« Reply #649 on: December 15, 2016, 09:48:49 PM »
Epilogue

Well look at that, Angelia made it to the end! She’s 107 days old; I think she’s earned this.

“Angelia darling, we don’t have much time. Take this.”

“Baby, you scared me! I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you.”

“I’ll never leave you, Travis. Not for anything.”
“And I’ll always be here for you. What do you want to do now?”
“Well… I miss living out in the farmlands. And I’ve always wanted to learn how to garden. What do you say?”

So Travis and Angelia find themselves a beautiful farmhouse in Monte Vista. They spend their days growing tomatoes for their homemade Italian food (with occasional trips to the junkyard ;) ).

Back in Sunlit Tides, it’s time for another Sim to strike out on their own.

“Happy birthday, Volcania. What comes next for you?”

“I think I’d like to keep moving. Not as a town jump. Just… starting something fresh.”
“I… I’ll miss you, dear.”

“I'll miss you too, Dad.”

Volcania begins her new life the very next day. Tomas already owns a puppy and a little home by the sea. He had the more impressive graduation award (Most Likely to Save the World) but Volcania’s more happy with hers – Most Likely to be Mediocre. For any other person it would almost be an insult. But a boring life is exactly what she wants.

When it’s time to take the next step, Tomas is the one to propose.

They have a beautiful wedding at the highest point on the island before they pack up and leave for their new home.

Tomas, ever grateful for his blue peers growing up, is excited by the prospect of an even more colourful neighbourhood.

Peony, the newly crowned Empress of Evil, is excited to show her eldest son the ropes. Apollo’s marriage to Nikki Alto cemented a glorious multigenerational empire. Everyone’s hoping for some Evil grandbabies from those two.

(I would totally make Apollo the heir if I was playing another town. These two are brilliant.)

Kyrie ages up without much direction in life. She’s a mooch, hates kids, hates going outside, and sleeps through her alarm every morning. She has no love interests nor any clear path to follow. She has very little going for her except a passion for the Martial Arts. What possible role could she have?

Why, as a monk of course! Kyrie moves to Shang Simla to start a new life of solitude and contemplation. One day, if she’s lucky, she’ll be the Martial Arts Master of China.

Dante turns out a bit odd – a thoroughly good person, but also shy, neurotic and adverse to the outdoors. He needs somewhere quiet, away from people. So he sets up a dog sanctuary in Midnight falls. He’s happy with the bachelor lifestyle for now, but I wouldn't rule out a wolfy romance in his future. ;)

And Tristan? He retires from politics to spend the rest of his days reading and writing. His home, once bustling with life, is now a quiet, empty nest – just the way he likes it.

And so ends the Jones Town Jump. Now for the part where I go all sincere and make everyone uncomfortable.

Years ago I planned a big bombastic finale with vampires, kidnapping, and Magpie Racket (remember her?), but in the end it just didn’t feel right. Sometimes life’s not about big ridiculous endings. It’s about acceptance and moving on. It’s about recognising the end of something and moving forward with the rest your life. I’ve been writing this story for four years now. I started this thing as a teenager. In that time I’ve finished my degree. I’ve moved out of home. I’ve learned to cook. I’ve volunteered. I’ve had a mental breakdown that took almost a year to recover from. I’ve fallen deeply in love and I’m now engaged to be married. I’ve started a small art business (because hey, a girl can dream). And the forum’s changed a lot in that time too. The Sims 3 community is dwindling in the rise of the Sims 4. A lot of new faces have cropped up, and a lot of other people have moved on. While this story stood still, we all continued growing and changing as human beings. And I think that’s wonderful.

I want to say thank you to everyone here. I know this is a just a silly little story, but your encouragement means everything to me. I’m grateful to you all; the people who commented, the people who lurked, the people who encouraged me at the beginning and the people still reading this at the end. Even the people reading this story in the future. Every single one of you is special to me, and I couldn’t have finished this without you.

I wish you all the happiness in the world. <3

fin

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete
« Reply #650 on: December 16, 2016, 07:51:05 AM »
That was beautiful! I loved the epilogue with the whole "where are they now?" Segments.

This story has influenced me as well, it inspired me to write my own RTJ that is (thankfully) almost done, I've learned so much from writing and I have you to thank for that.

Congrats on your engagment and your business!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #651 on: December 16, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
I had to check the yearon this because I almost didn't believe it. September 2012...what a relic! Now I remember that I started college around the week this was posted. It saw me through it and then some.

It's weird. There were a lot of authors and stories I looked forward to reading while I was in the student lounge or bored in class (I graduated cum laude so it's totally okay and recommended :P), and now I'm graduated and everything's changed. Not that my waning presence here has helped matters either.

Well, we have memories and those who have stuck around.

I'm fine with new lives and doggies (<3) but now I won't get the possibilities with Magpie out of my mind. You tease. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #652 on: December 16, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
Ah, nice RTJ. Nice seeing it brought down together!  Magpie and Stella need a spinoff together. (Don't remember how exactly\distantly they're related - pretty sure they're first cousins twice removed, making them not related by EA rules? or if they were even alive together at the same time (would it even have been plausible?  That does'nt matter. They were revived by some wizard and ended up living together, and (maybe) gulped down Age Freeze potions, as well as becoming BFF's. But not a couple   But they may both get love interests (the wizard him\herself for Stella - an Original Townie or Child of Original Townies for Magpie . But that's not necessary.   Children for either of them aren't necessary either. Just Magpie, Stella, and the Wizard living together and being immortal together.  ::)

And since we all pity the most pityful family in Sunset Valley ever (AKA the Wainwright's) let them also be resurrected, complete their LTW's, & have one to three child together, because Blair does'nt really have either of her parents' genetics. (Boyd and Susan have much cooler genes)

Is anyone else a Genie? Or just Joaquin? I think the maid may not be a genie but just blue.

Anyways.  Congrats for finishing it!  ;D

Now I'm posting a link of it on Trakenboard (a Web Original thing I made)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #653 on: December 16, 2016, 04:03:09 PM »
Loved the epilogue (including the soppy bit at the end <3).  Will we get to see more of Volcania and Tomas in Dragon Valley or Dante in Moonlight Falls?

I'm really sad to see this ending, It's been one of my favourite stories and I admire the way you've kept going through all of the interruptions.

And last but certainly not least, the best of luck in your real-life future  :D.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »
That was beautiful! I loved the epilogue with the whole "where are they now?" Segments.

This story has influenced me as well, it inspired me to write my own RTJ that is (thankfully) almost done, I've learned so much from writing and I have you to thank for that.

Congrats on your engagment and your business!

Aww thanks Beezy :) . I'm glad I could be a positive influence. <3

I had to check the yearon this because I almost didn't believe it. September 2012...what a relic! Now I remember that I started college around the week this was posted. It saw me through it and then some.

It's weird. There were a lot of authors and stories I looked forward to reading while I was in the student lounge or bored in class (I graduated cum laude so it's totally okay and recommended :P), and now I'm graduated and everything's changed. Not that my waning presence here has helped matters either.

Well, we have memories and those who have stuck around.

I'm fine with new lives and doggies (<3) but now I won't get the possibilities with Magpie out of my mind. You tease. :P

I misread that last line as you having dogs and was about to demand pictures of them lol

Trust me, the Magpie stuff was really lame. I'm OK at funny stories and not much else :P

I miss all the Sims 3 stories too. There's not many but I'm grateful for the people still posting. And even though your work is posted elsewhere I'm always happy to see you around. :)

Ah, nice RTJ. Nice seeing it brought down together!  Magpie and Stella need a spinoff together. (Don't remember how exactly\distantly they're related - pretty sure they're first cousins twice removed, making them not related by EA rules?  or if they were even alive together at the same time (would it even have been plausible? That does'nt matter. They were revived by some wizard and ended up living together, and (maybe) gulped down Age Freeze potions, as well as becoming BFF's. But not a couple  But they may both get love interests (the wizard him\herself for Stella - an Original Townie or Child of Original Townies for Magpie . But that's not necessary.  Children for either of them aren't necessary either. Just Magpie, Stella, and the Wizard living together and being immortal together. 

And since we all pity the most pityful family in Sunset Valley ever (AKA the Wainwright's) let them also be resurrected, complete their LTW's, & have one to three child together, because Blair does'nt really have either of her parents' genetics. (Boyd and Susan have much cooler genes)

Is anyone else a Genie? Or just Joaquin? I think the maid may not be a genie but just blue.

Anyways.  ::) Congrats for finishing it!  ;D

Now I'm posting a link of it on Trakenboard (a Web Original thing I made)

First cousins twice removed sounds right to me! Stella is the granddaughter of Magpie's cousin. Yeah, Kristen wasn't a genie but Ari, her son with Joaquin, was. Story Progression married Ari off to Kyrie of all people in my game lol.

Sounds like you have lots of ideas! Perhaps you should write a few stories of your own. ;)

Loved the epilogue (including the soppy bit at the end <3).  Will we get to see more of Volcania and Tomas in Dragon Valley or Dante in Moonlight Falls?

I'm really sad to see this ending, It's been one of my favourite stories and I admire the way you've kept going through all of the interruptions.

And last but certainly not least, the best of luck in your real-life future  :D.

I haven't planned anything with Dante or Volcania, I'm afraid. If/when I write another story I think I'll go for something fresh; perhaps a completely new Sim or even one of the more obscure Joneses. But I'm sure I'll come back to the final generation eventually :) . And I really appreciate your kind words and support. <3

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #655 on: December 19, 2016, 09:13:00 AM »
Yeah. I have ideas for lots of stories, mostly involving Premade sims or at least the premade neighborhoods. Like how I made the Kaplan to see what NRAAS SP could do to deaged Wainwrights. (BTW, there are a lot of premade families waiting for me, not just them.  ::))

I actually want to do my own RTJ. Basically everything will be random in it... but I already have the name for it.

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #656 on: October 12, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »
I just finished reading your 4 year epic town jump story and applaud your tenacity! Even with all of your real life interruptions, some serious, some happy, you managed to come back to it time and time again, to the delight of your many fans! You made your characters truly unique just like your writing. It was a wild ride through all nine of your towns! I just started a town jump game myself and a story, just heading to town #3 in the story and almost to town #4 in game. So I hope I can give it the all that you have and see what wild and ridiculous things my Sims will do town after town. I have all the towns so if I even complete half of them, I'll feel like I've accomplished something. Thanks so much for a great read!