Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 924623 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2310 on: November 28, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »
Thanks Nutella, I shall leave it installed then and see what happens this time with her ops, at least I will know I can use those if need be.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2311 on: November 28, 2013, 10:18:08 AM »
As a mermaid/man you can buy the LTR 'Permanent Mermaid'. It's 5000 points.
It eliminates the need to swim in salt water  :D.

Edit: I don't know if it permanently removes the need. I'm testing it with a mermaid in my Dynasty right now:). I'll get back on that.
Edit 2: Unfortunately my dynasty is no more:(. But as far as I can tell, it does permanently remove the need.
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2312 on: November 28, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the combined building bug and how should I deal with it, I got the after school opp for heir and spare, but they can't complete in because there is no option.
Usually if time isn't right there is at least a yellow option that's a bit greyed out telling me the right time, bu t there is no option at all.
The school is combined with the stadium. I read from Edit Town FAQ:
‘...or if you are experiencing the combined building bug - you can ask permission to replace the combined building with two separate rabbit holes.'
Is it okay to do so to see if this solves the problem, or is there any other work around?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2313 on: November 29, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the combined building bug and how should I deal with it, I got the after school opp for heir and spare, but they can't complete in because there is no option.
Usually if time isn't right there is at least a yellow option that's a bit greyed out telling me the right time, bu t there is no option at all.
The school is combined with the stadium. I read from Edit Town FAQ:
‘...or if you are experiencing the combined building bug - you can ask permission to replace the combined building with two separate rabbit holes.'
Is it okay to do so to see if this solves the problem, or is there any other work around?

Yes, I am okay with you using the Edit Town option of replacing the combo building with two separate rabbit holes, but please wait one more day for the rest of team to have a chance to weigh in.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2314 on: November 29, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »
Yes, I am okay with you using the Edit Town option of replacing the combo building with two separate rabbit holes, but please wait one more day for the rest of team to have a chance to weigh in.

I was waiting for you to weigh in first, didn't want to bother you while you're stuffing yourself with Turkey.  :)  Yes, I am okay with Elena using edit town to replace the combined building with two separate rabbit holes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2315 on: November 29, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »
I was waiting for you to weigh in first, didn't want to bother you while you're stuffing yourself with Turkey.  :)

*looks around for a hidden camera* ;)

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2316 on: November 29, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »
I was waiting for you to weigh in first, didn't want to bother you while you're stuffing yourself with Turkey.  :)  Yes, I am okay with Elena using edit town to replace the combined building with two separate rabbit holes.
Thanks, but I think I got a new problem here...somehow I made a copy of the file and found Edit Town won't solve this problem, still no option shows up and if I place a new school instead of this, their grades will be reset to C, but I was only one day till honor roll, also they are no longer signed up to the activities anymore. I won't be able to get another honor roll if I place rabbit holes now...
Is it okay that I just count this in (because in usual case, I could complete this opp right now by walking in), or pray for other school opps to pop up, and do separate rabbit holes after they age up to teen (so no need to face reset?)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2317 on: November 29, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
Is it okay that I just count this in (because in usual case, I could complete this opp right now by walking in)

I am okay with that. 

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2318 on: November 30, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »
Just want to double check before I do this, my founders human husband got the opp for becoming a fairy from the arboretum is it okay for me to complete it?

I waited ages thinking story progression might turn him into something but it's left him alone, not even a mermaid this time, so I ended up just moving him in, fairy would be preferable to human but it will do if it has to.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2319 on: November 30, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »
Yes, you can make him into a fairy using the op. It's just elixirs that are banned.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2320 on: November 30, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
Thanks Trip, I'm afraid my brain is still in immortal mode and I've not quite got the hang of this one yet, she has just finished her requirements though so time for some fairyboos then  ;D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2321 on: December 04, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »
**Extending Life** Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden— eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs, Hibernation Chamber and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs). Once all requirements are completed, then you are free to use whatever methods you wish to extend an heir's life. All 7 life states must be alive at the end of the dynasty. Non-heir household members are not tied to these restrictions except for one.  The Genie wish to extend long life cannot be used by either parent until an heir is born.

So if non heirs are not tied to it does that mean townies aren't either? am I okay to throw a fountain of youth at people outside of the household? I'm so used to not being able to extend any lives I'm a little unsure but there are some I'd like to keep around for a bit longer, plus my heir wants to kiss an elderly werewolf, I felt sure he'd go for the younger one myself  ::)

EDIT: Also can a genie use ensorcel or is that classed as adding to the household even if it's only temporary?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2322 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:48 AM »
You can extend the lives of anyone outside of the household.

Genies cannot use Ensorcel, though, because it temporarily adds to the household.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2323 on: December 04, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »
Yay to the first one although I wish I'd thought of it sooner when more original townies were still alive, they vanish so fast  :( Still if this attempt goes to pot I'll know next time, managed to get the founder her 3 opps with ITF installed but now i'm having that problem of hanging up once more with this gen, might have to stick him in a rabbit hole job.

Shame about the genie, would have been one way to get married townies having kids by ensorcelling one and having them try for baby with their spouse, still without pets installed there seems to be quite a few EA kids moved in town, better than my immortal one was at least so I managed to find him a romantic interest.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2324 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:06 AM »
You sound luckier than me! I remember that throughout the duration of my life states dynasty that there was precisely one family with a teenager that moved in. Everyone else had to smooch a babysitter. :P

Just remember that you can resurrect anyone, and literally anyone for a spouse! And you can feed them ambrosia or use a method that resurrects them in the flesh. I know the feeling of wanting original townie spouses, and I'm glad that this dynasty allows resurrection to obtain them, if little else.

anything