Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 919170 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2205 on: September 28, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »
That's fine. I wasn't planning on using it for a few generations anyways. :)

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #2206 on: September 29, 2013, 03:11:14 AM »
Someone maybe has asked this already, but I just can't push myself to read nearly ninety pages. But am I allowed to start with someone who's born in one of my games and grown naturally into YA? She've been in the care of story progression, all traits chosen by it and I just saw her clapping to a performer in coffeehouse and she just is so pretty that it would be stupid not to use her in anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #2207 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:18 AM »
Someone maybe has asked this already, but I just can't push myself to read nearly ninety pages. But am I allowed to start with someone who's born in one of my games and grown naturally into YA? She've been in the care of story progression, all traits chosen by it and I just saw her clapping to a performer in coffeehouse and she just is so pretty that it would be stupid not to use her in anything.

If you type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' and shift-click her, there should be an option to 'Edit in CAS'. When you're there, go down to her picture at the bottom, and there should be a little button to save her to your Sim bin. After that, open up your town that you're going to use for the challenge and go into Create-A-Household. If you look in the Pre-Made Sims section, she should be there. From there, you can alter her clothes, hair, etc. I'm not sure if you'll have to roll random traits for her or not; that's probably a Challenge Team decision.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2208 on: September 29, 2013, 07:06:55 AM »
I'm not sure if you'll have to roll random traits for her or not; that's probably a Challenge Team decision.

I think this came up before, and I can't remember what was decided. Lol. I guess my thinking is that you randomize traits for Sims coming out of the bin just as you would for Sims you're creating for the first time to keep things consistent. Let's see what the other team members say.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2209 on: September 29, 2013, 08:31:27 AM »
I think this came up before, and I can't remember what was decided. Lol. I guess my thinking is that you randomize traits for Sims coming out of the bin just as you would for Sims you're creating for the first time to keep things consistent. Let's see what the other team members say.

I know it has been said that each time you do a restart even with the same sims we had to reroll traits again, isnt this kinda the same thing?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2210 on: September 29, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
I know it has been said that each time you do a restart even with the same sims we had to reroll traits again, isnt this kinda the same thing?

It's actually the opposite that is true. If you restart with the same founder, you can't change a thing about them. Same traits, same LTW, same life state, and presumably no other changes in CAS.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2211 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
I'm not sure if you'll have to roll random traits for her or not; that's probably a Challenge Team decision.

Found an answer to this question from previous post, so yes you will need to hit the random button once.

Have the Sim use a dresser or mirror and at the bottom where the Sim's portrait is - click on the ... and then save to bin.   That will save him to the Sim bin and then you can age him up and hit the random button once for his traits while in CAS before placing him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2212 on: September 29, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »
Thanks, Nutella.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2213 on: September 30, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »
Hey all!

So, I was playing a new attempt at this challenge and I've come across an issue. My Sims won't sleep in the bed or they will, but only when it's not where I want to put it. There's something in the way whenever they try to sleep in it.

Deleted the bed and replaced it. Didn't work. Rearranged things. Didn't work. Finally, I moved the bed to the other side of the lot (out of pure frustration) and low and behold, it worked. When I was examining the space, I saw some beetles on the ground, so I wonder if there's a spawner that's gotten in the way of my expansion. Does anyone know of this happening?

I was wondering if I could get permission to open buydebug so that I could see the spawner and hopefully delete it.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2214 on: September 30, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
FireRaye93-

Ok since you tried the delete bed and didn't work, let's move on to 2nd option.  Did you try deleting your caches?
CASPartCache.package
scriptCache.package
compositorCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

If deleting caches doesn't work, 3rd option (approved by metro):
Go into edit neightborhood and evict them. Move them back in then reload the family. This should fix your problem.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2215 on: September 30, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
Thanks, Nutella!

I moved them out and back in and it works now.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2216 on: October 01, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
Someone maybe have asked this before, but I just can't push myself to read nearly ninety pages and I don’t see this on the first page of “setting up your file + general rules”.  Is it ok to use the styling station just after my sim had a birthday, this means the age stage is still at the beginning so it cannot add any days.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2217 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »
Someone maybe have asked this before, but I just can't push myself to read nearly ninety pages and I don’t see this on the first page of “setting up your file + general rules”.  Is it ok to use the styling station just after my sim had a birthday, this means the age stage is still at the beginning so it cannot add any days.

Its never ok to use the styling station since makeover extends life, but I understand your reasoning for using it at the beginning.  I'm still going to say no to styling station until they have completed all their requirements.

Why not use dressers and mirrors?  Those are fine.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2218 on: October 01, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Its never ok to use the styling station since makeover extends life, but I understand your reasoning for using it at the beginning.  I'm still going to say no to styling station until they have completed all their requirements.

Why not use dressers and mirrors?  Those are fine.

Why I like to use the styling station in the beginning of each stage is because I can access the clothing and the hair at the same time, so it’s one action and not go to the dresser and then to the mirror.

So this means I’d failed right, I hope not but I should have asked first I know, lesson learnt the hard way.  :'(  Oh and also can this be added to the “setting up your file + general rules” on the first page because I couldn’t find it there!   

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2219 on: October 01, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
GoslettM-

Don't delete your dynasty yet.  Let me check with the team first, will let you know as soon as we have a decision.

anything