Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 919098 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2055 on: July 08, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lissa.

You can't move those kids into the house so you're going to have quit without saving and try again.  Trip's suggestions are good for right before you do the marriage if you're set on using Ayden.  Otherwise make sure to research your next choices to make sure the same situation doesn't happen again.  It's painful losing progress.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lissa

• Nooboo
  • Watching those Sims
« Reply #2056 on: July 08, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
Thank you Rica, I will do my research next time :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2057 on: July 08, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
No problem.   I hope try 2 works better for you.  We've all made this mistake at least once in a challenge.  :D

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2058 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
Yes, any ghost is fair game for being resurrected a life states dynasty as long as they're intended to be a spouse. There aren't any restrictions on life-extension of spouses, so resurrection is allowed under that freedom.

Thanks, Trip. That was the feeling I had, but when I want to do something off the beaten track I make a habit of checking the rules and I was uneasy to not see it there. All right, I am in the clear!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2059 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
Thanks, Trip. That was the feeling I had, but when I want to do something off the beaten track I make a habit of checking the rules and I was uneasy to not see it there. All right, I am in the clear!

How could you forget about Cornelia so quickly!   ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2060 on: July 08, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
Oh, I didn't forget Cornelia at all, the difference is I want to fully resurrect the ghost to a living state and Cornelia stayed a ghost, and I was getting paranoid about the difference.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2061 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »
As far as this challenge is concerned, Cornelia is resurrected because she's living again.  Using ambrosia to remove the ghost part is like Trip said perfectly allowed.  Remember spouses can change life states (which using ambrosia would be).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2062 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
Right, right. That's what I thought, to be sure, but I suppose this is the side effect of keeping up with all three dynasty boards at once--things get jumbled. All right then! I'm excited to give it a go! Oh one more question--I can find this out myself when I get in game, but in case someone knows already--can you use a genie wish to resurrect just any dead Sim, does your Sims doing the wishing have to know them, or do you have to actually have the tombstone or bind the ghost to your lot? Although I suppose binding (which I've never done) would be the same as Oh My Ghost in that you would have them in your household, so you wouldn't need the wish then. All right, now I'm rambling  ::) sorry.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2063 on: July 08, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
From the last time I used the genie wish to resurrect someone (a long time ago), the tombstone needs to be somewhere in the world whether you know the ghost or not. I don't think you actually have to have it on the lot. I don't think it works on bound and playable ghosts either.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2064 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »
They have to have a tombstone. Remember if you didn't know Sims in the neighborhood when they died they won't have a tombstone.

Edit: Trip is so fast today.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2065 on: July 08, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »
Right. Thanks to both of you. Now I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

And yeah, Trip, you are on it!

By samoht04

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2066 on: July 09, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »
Just so you know - I removed the spoiler as we don't allow them on the forum.

Okay sorry, I should have not mention who died, just hinted at it like "Hey so-and-so died due to the curse, hint hint, read Rica's Dynasty thread to find out who" instead of putting a spoiler tag. Are you going to modify the posting options to delete the spoiler tag?

Using the Stone to make gold is also a very low chance and 999 times out of 1000 it won't result in death so you can make things into gold.  Don't do it for the death though.  Do it for the gold.  That's the difference between killing someone (which isn't allowed) and having an accident (which is happy circumstances).

Have a bed (which is now way less lethal) that may crush a Sim is ok just don't have them put it up and down a million times.   Don't plan for them to be that ghost.  Plan on them being something else and if they become a ghost - well that works out for you doesn't it?

Planning for a ghost is killing a Sim.

Okay, I'll rez Mara Nix and just have only six ghosts. Can I rez her with Ambrosia and make her a werewolf or something? Is that allowed? That sort of screws with my whole "Ghosts of Twinbrook" style but I'd rather play the spirit of the rules than get called out. I just wanted to have a trauma ghost to see how cool it could be. (Of course now I'll have to deal with the coin flip randomness to hope that Generation 4 and 5 won't take a million babies to get the right life state! :( )

I probably have to delete that file anyways because I violated the "no moving in people except spouses" rule - all the teens in Moonlight Falls were now young adults so my first heir had no teens to have a romantic interest, so she couldn't complete her teen requirements without me intervening so I used the Stone to bind Jimmy Vu, the electrocution ghost, to the house for him to romance my heiress. I failed. UGH!

(I swear, when she went to school, she had no "Meet New Friends" tone and all the teens were grown up! My only other options were to travel abroad and  iwas trying to avoid that due to travel bugs. Has anyone not gotten the Meet New Friends tone at school when their kids go to school? The same thing happened to me in my play of Isla Paradiso when I moved in the Hans and Phillip went to school. {Of course, the next day, after his brother aged up to child, the tone reappeared. Bug!})
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2067 on: July 09, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Resurrecting Mara, or anyone really, as a spouse is fine and whatever you do to their life state afterwards is fine too as long as it falls within the rules (so no life state-changing elixirs).

I don't know what to say about the weirdness of not being able to meet new friends at school, though. :( Do you still get newspapers? Have someone corner the paper deliverer and invite them over when your heir gets home from school. They usually age-up en-route. Or hire a babysitter, if you can.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #2068 on: July 09, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
I've been having that problem with no social options at school as well.  I assumed that meant there were no other children in town at all.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2069 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »
My Gen 4 heir is having a weird glitch. He has no self-interactions available. This happened the last time I opened the file, toward the end of my playing. I will clear caches before I start up again and hopefully that fixes it, but has anyone seen this before or know why it happens? He is a genie and a Level 10 firefighter.

By samoht04

anything