Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 919188 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2085 on: July 18, 2013, 12:35:08 AM »
Yes it's allowed.  There are no restrictions on LTWs other than that they have to be randomly chosen from the 5 given.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2086 on: July 18, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »
Thanks! I just found the challenge and I will try it, so I'm just creating the founder, I guess it came out because her random traits are light sleeper  and night owl. 

Can I keep the unicorn? What about pets, are we allowed to have any? I'm sorry if this has been asked before, there are so many questions and I just started, it would be so much to read and I want to get started!
ĄPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2087 on: July 18, 2013, 12:48:10 AM »
You're allowed to have any pet you want.  No restrictions.  And it's no worries about asking.  It's better to know than to assume.

Welcome to the forum!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #2088 on: July 18, 2013, 01:59:19 AM »
Actually a founder is allowed to change their life state as long as it's done before all requirements are finished.  However a mermaid is not allowed to use the diving skill challenges so if you want her to be a mermaid, she needs to do something other than diving for skill challenges.

It's already mentioned somewhere I thought on how there is no restrictions for spares & spouses to become new life states. Just for heirs.  However, no one can use elixirs or potions to become a new life state.  So there is no way to turn anyone into a witch other than birth.

Why is it that mermaid heirs can't count the skill challenges? I know they can't count the skill, but the challenges don't automatically complete, do they? It's extra effort being put in to make them happen.
~Anna

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2089 on: July 18, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
Why is it that mermaid heirs can't count the skill challenges? I know they can't count the skill, but the challenges don't automatically complete, do they? It's extra effort being put in to make them happen.
~Anna

That was explained when the announcement for Island Paradise was made.   Half the challenge of skill challenges is leveling the skill. Being born into a level 10 skill is way too easy.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #2090 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
There are no restrictions on LTWs other than that they have to be randomly chosen from the 5 given.

Just checking something; is the founder's LTW chosen from the five offered or random from the five offered? I thought we could choose and am now worried (though have just started so wouldn't be that big a deal)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2091 on: July 18, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
You can choose any one of the five. I don't even know how you would make that random. Close your eyes and point at the screen?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #2092 on: July 18, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
You can choose any one of the five. I don't even know how you would make that random. Close your eyes and point at the screen?

Haha yes that did cross my mind. For Sims 2 I used lots of multi-sided dice for randomising.

But I get paranoid with challenges; don't want to accidentally mess it up because I misread something.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2093 on: July 18, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
Rosa's right - choose any one of those five, but those 5 are randomly selected by the game. It just means you can't use that 6th option "Choose your own LTW."

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2094 on: July 18, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
I only have supernatural so in order to have the 7 life states I'll need two different ghosts. My founder is a ghost, of course, when she has a baby any other color ghost can be the heir, cant it? Or because she is a ghost her direct heir has to be something other than a ghost?

And how is it with ghosts? I know that from different state parents there is 50-50% posibility, but with so many color ghosts, what color ghost would the babies of my founder be, any or the same as she?
ĄPura vida!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2095 on: July 18, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
A ghost will have a human or a ghost but they will only have ghosts of their own color.  You'll have to resurrect ghosts of another color to get a different one.  Two ghosts will always have ghost children though. 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2096 on: July 18, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
I only have supernatural so in order to have the 7 life states I'll need two different ghosts. My founder is a ghost, of course, when she has a baby any other color ghost can be the heir, cant it? Or because she is a ghost her direct heir has to be something other than a ghost?

And how is it with ghosts? I know that from different state parents there is 50-50% posibility, but with so many color ghosts, what color ghost would the babies of my founder be, any or the same as she?

Each coloured ghost counts as a separate life state. As long as the heir is a different colour ghost than any previous heir, that's fine. At least one Life States Dynasty used only ghosts as heirs.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2097 on: July 18, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »
Thank you both! I guess I'll have to get her married to another ghost, but the only male ghost there is in Moonlight Falls is Samuel Goth, a married elder.  :-\
Or hope a Sim would die by accident! It seems like in this challenge not only the traits are random!
ĄPura vida!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2098 on: July 18, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
Don't forget that you could possibly use the philosopher's stone to get some of the other ghosts.  I do enjoy Peanut Bahl myself. 

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2099 on: July 19, 2013, 09:11:07 AM »
Oh thank you! Great idea! I don't' even know how that works, I've only used the philosopher's stone to get lots of gold.
I don't know if this will work though, her traits are awfull: brooding is worse than absent minded, she just stops whatever she is doing to "contemplate the hollowness of life"!
If I wanted other traits I'd had to stard all over, right?
ĄPura vida!

anything