Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 924807 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1980 on: June 20, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Okay, thank you. So, for example, Marjorie asks Zack to move in and marries him. They have children. Later, the children and Zack move out. I want Vervain and Zack to move back in, so Marjorie has to be the one to ask.

I didn't think that spares were allowed to move back in. I thought only spouses could come and go.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1981 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »
Rica to the rescue I was panicking thanks for the quick reply. It is also good to note that the fouders and heirs can invite back their spouses and spares

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1982 on: June 20, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
Okay, thank you. So, for example, Marjorie asks Zack to move in and marries him. They have children. Later, the children and Zack move out. I want Vervain and Zack to move back in, so Marjorie has to be the one to ask.

I didn't think that spares were allowed to move back in. I thought only spouses could come and go.

Yes exactly.  Rules don't state that.  Just say that the heir/founder can only add people. 

Rica to the rescue I was panicking thanks for the quick reply. It is also good to note that the fouders and heirs can invite back their spouses and spares

No problem.  Good luck!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1983 on: June 21, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »
Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

In regards to moving towns:   Life States Dynasties are not allowed to move unless absolutely necessary, can't complete the challenge without it, permission is mandatory beforehand kind of way.  Things to note about the new feature to move towns.  It will be the preferred way to move towns when the need arises.  If your file ever gets so bad you have to move because we can't find another way to fix the issue, then we will work with you get to the new town in tact.

In regards to purchasing private lots/additional homes:   There is absolutely no reason why a family cannot buy a private lot.   There are many advantages to having another lot and if someone can think of a reason it should be banned - don't hesitate to tell us.   At this time, dynasty families are allowed to purchase extra homes.   However, dynasty families still cannot move from their original location.  The active lot must always be the one you purchased as soon as you started the game.   Another stipulation is that private lots purchased cannot be an empty lot that was placed by a player.   Sure you can by that empty 20 x 30 next to the Bunches but that new one you put down on the beach.  Forget about it.  Not an option.  This is too close to making your own lots which is against the rules.

In short - No you can't move towns without permission.  No you can't go place a new empty lot over water to buy.  Yes you can have new home lots but no you can't move and no they can't be lots you placed. 

Things to note about private lots:  grills do not work, increases file size. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1984 on: June 23, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
At the top level of the Sports Agent career, there's a "Sports Agent of the Year" career award that's a small statue. Is that a viable career award?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1985 on: June 23, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »
How did you get it?  This is the first I've heard of it so I didn't know it existed.  My Agent never got it when I had him.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1986 on: June 23, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »
How did you get it?  This is the first I've heard of it so I didn't know it existed.  My Agent never got it when I had him.

He just received it right after I got the notice saying he had reached the top of the career. It was also his 1-Year Anniversary, so maybe that had something to do with it? I thought it was an automatic reward.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1987 on: June 23, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »
Maybe it was something fixed in the patch.  I may have to get me a few people in the UL careers.  I'll look into it and let you know as soon as I get it done.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1988 on: June 23, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
I received that award when I reached the top of that career. The notification uses the same wording as the other career rewards. This was before the patch.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1989 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:26 AM »
Thanks Ivrugger.  How come no one brought this up before?  The lists are pretty much the this is only what's allowed lists.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1990 on: June 24, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »
If that is the case, you would have three possibilities for that career, yes? Charisma and Social Networking skill certificates and this statue?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1991 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »
Social Networking doesn't give a skill certificate that's why it's not on the list already.  I'm still testing.  I had to actually go to bed at a decent time last night.

All Players are asked to not try anything in an existing dynasty file or start any games with content from Island Paradise (skills, town, life state, some objects) until it's been approved by the the challenge team.   We will try to gather as much information as possible and test it thoroughly.   Take this time to go explore the new content without any restrictions in a non dynasty file and if you come across anything we should know about - contact the team via PM.

Thank you everyone for being patient with us as we juggle the challenges, new content and of course real life.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1992 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
I had a technical issue in game that really threw me for a loop. I posted a full explanation here, but basically, the children of two of my spares have gone missing. I'm in the process of restarting the game to see if that fixes the issue, but that will take an hour. If it doesn't work, do I have permission to go back to a previous save and see if the babies are still there?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1993 on: June 25, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
If they are your spares then it doesn't actually have any complications for the life states family.  While it's a tragedy, they're spares not heirs.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1994 on: June 25, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
All right, you're right. I knew it wasn't game-breaking, but it is a bit heart-breaking  :'(

By samoht04