Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 919175 times)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2280 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »
Question does the spouse who is becoming a Mermaid need to get the kelp from a Mermaid  them self or can a founder/heir/spare get it ? Maybe I worry to much but since we can't buy it as a Lifetime Happiness Reward, I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2281 on: November 05, 2013, 09:31:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure the spouse has to get it themselves, but I could be wrong.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2282 on: November 06, 2013, 10:39:55 AM »
I've cleared my caches but that sadly didn't solve the problem.  :(

So, I would like to ask for permission to evict my family and then move them back.

Yes you have permission, sorry for the late reply.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2283 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
New addition to rules:

Geneticially engineering a baby is not allowed in this dynasty.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2284 on: November 07, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
Hi there, I've just started this challenge as a break from my 4x4:) After reading all the rules I've just had two things not too clear with and would like to make sure:
Is extending (i.e. fountain of youth) or shortening (i.e. age of instant) ok for townies which I consider as potential spouses?
The travel days post University Life...I am not too sure what is the difference from pre-University Life? I can see all heirs can travel for 7 days only or is two terms in University possible?

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2285 on: November 07, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
Hi there, I've just started this challenge as a break from my 4x4:) After reading all the rules I've just had two things not too clear with and would like to make sure:
Is extending (i.e. fountain of youth) or shortening (i.e. age of instant) ok for townies which I consider as potential spouses?
The travel days post University Life...I am not too sure what is the difference from pre-University Life? I can see all heirs can travel for 7 days only or is two terms in University possible?

1. You should only extend the life (or shorten it, I guess) a sim that is or will be your spouse. If you have a few potential spouses, you should pick one and use the necessary potion/method and marry that sim. That's how I did it in my first attempt when I found a female vampire that was an elder. I picked her, married her and then used the fountain of youth elixir to make her a young adult in order to try for a baby.

2. Each heir can only travel for 7 days, but the days you don't use stack. So, your founder doesn't travel at all, for example. That leaves 7 days unused that you can tap into for Heir 2 if you want to send them to university for two terms or 14 days (the 7 unused from the founder + the 7 days that you Heir is already allowed). So, in order to send one heir to university for two terms, a previous heir must sacrifice their traveling privileges.

At least, that's my understanding of the rules for these situations.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2286 on: November 07, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »
You can actually extend/shorten the life of anyone but your heirs in your life states dynasty, not just targeted spouses.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2287 on: November 08, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »
2. Each heir can only travel for 7 days, but the days you don't use stack. So, your founder doesn't travel at all, for example. That leaves 7 days unused that you can tap into for Heir 2 if you want to send them to university for two terms or 14 days (the 7 unused from the founder + the 7 days that you Heir is already allowed). So, in order to send one heir to university for two terms, a previous heir must sacrifice their traveling privileges.
Does that mean founder always get 7 days only and future days unused is only available for the next heir? Is it ok vice versa? (i.e. Heir 1 doesn't travel and leave some days for the founder to use)

Thank you all. luckily I've just found someone useful has just turned witch and am going to marry her to my founder to so no worry about aging up a teen for spouse:)
May I ask one more question: is ghost potion allowed to be used for going through walls in WA tombs or is it banned because it temporarily changes life state?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2288 on: November 08, 2013, 11:23:28 AM »
Ghost potions are allowed, including for the purposes of getting a ghost nooboo out of them. Rica and Shirin both used ghost potions to make ghostly heirs. Using it to better navigate a tomb is fine too.

As for travel, when it was explained to me, I was told that it worked like the decadynasty. So yes, your founder doesn't get more than seven days no matter what. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2289 on: November 08, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »
My understanding of travel is that unused days go forward, not backward. So your founder can never get more than 7 days, even if generation 3 isn't planned to travel at all.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2290 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:37 AM »
Thanks:) Just got my first heir and a question: babies cannot be aged up, right? Can I use cakes on actual birthday then?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2291 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
Non-heir babies can be caked up, just not heir babies, and you can use birthday cakes on anyone's actual birthday.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2292 on: November 11, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
Non-heir babies can be caked up, just not heir babies, and you can use birthday cakes on anyone's actual birthday.
Great, I thought I needed to meet requirements to cake-up non-heir as well.
And there's this thing that I always forget to ask: if a heir child/teen pops up lifetime wishes, do I need to ignore these and wait until he is YA and choose from five by then?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2293 on: November 11, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »
And there's this thing that I always forget to ask: if a heir child/teen pops up lifetime wishes, do I need to ignore these and wait until he is YA and choose from five by then?

There's no rule stating you need to wait until an heir is YA to choose a LTW. The key thing is your choice must be made from what the game offers you at any given time…

For heirs raised from birth where you have the option to pick traits and a Lifetime Wish, everything must be random.  All infants born into your game must be given two random traits at birth until the heir is born.  You must accept the first dice roll and you can only choose a Lifetime Wish from whatever the game offers you. No Mid-Life Crisis LTR, no trait-changing elixirs and no Change Lifetime Wish for heirs and spouses only. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2294 on: November 11, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
So, as I've just gotten Ambitions and my founder picked up a time machine from the store, I was wondering what the rules are if a time travel kid comes through.

anything