Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898137 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
My guess is that the pregnancy wasn't recognized when Helen Hall and Waylon Wolff moved into the household. The game does that sometimes. It's not my decision, but I'd say that should be considered a game-breaking bug.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »
Its just bizzare though, the twins Lora and Felicity are children already, so even if Joanie gave birth at the very very start of the game, they should still only be toddlers as it is Day 2, week 2 in my game. Helen Hall definitely did NOT live there two or three sim days ago, as my Sim visited her at the Goth household and she invited me inside. The twins would have already been in the house. Not sure about Waylon Wolff, as my sim has not encountered him yet. Is it possible that Waylon and Helen are currently visiting the MacDuff household, and thats why they are appearing as part of the family?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
Go back to just before the ceremony and see if it happens again.  Only if it happens again do you have permission to invite Wolff or Hall in to kick out.  Don't sell anything in their inventory just as soon as you're able, use their cell phones to move them back out. 

As for aging up children, my founder had a family of townies.  Twins were born about the time my Gen 7 became a child.  She just turned teenager and now they're both children and their baby brother aged to toddler within 24 hours.  A couple of days later - he too is now a child.  So it's strange and game mechanics don't always make since with EA's Story Progression.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
Ok will do, thanks Ricalynn.
I suppose we have the ability to age people up early, so the game can too.

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:47 AM »
Definitely want to give this one a try! Have failed all the other challenges I tried to do, but I guess practise makes perfect !

There is just one question i would like to ask and I'm sorry if it has already been asked and I missed it, I don't have much experience with the imaginary friends so I just wanted to clarify, if I wanted an imaginary friend life state then I would have to make the heirs imaginary friend real, then hopefully if it is the right gender, marry it, then the babies would have a 50/50 chance of being an imaginary friend style sim ?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2012, 05:45:46 AM »
That is correct.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »
Definitely want to give this one a try! Have failed all the other challenges I tried to do, but I guess practise makes perfect !

There is just one question i would like to ask and I'm sorry if it has already been asked and I missed it, I don't have much experience with the imaginary friends so I just wanted to clarify, if I wanted an imaginary friend life state then I would have to make the heirs imaginary friend real, then hopefully if it is the right gender, marry it, then the babies would have a 50/50 chance of being an imaginary friend style sim ?

You can determine the sex while the heir is a toddler by having them click on the doll and change the name.  It will ask if you want a girls or boys name.  I haven't been able to change the name during any other stage, it seems for me it always has to be the toddler stage.  Also if I don't change the name, the imaginary friend is always the same gender as the kid.  Not sure if that is always true but it has been always true for me.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2012, 07:21:43 AM »
You might even be able to change the name/gender in the infant stage but if you want to make an IF real, you need to change the name very early on and then build the relationship.  If you change the name later, all the relationship building you've been done will be erased and you have to start over.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2012, 09:27:57 AM »
For this challenge, it is fine if two heirs reach level 10 in the same skill, as long as the 5000 point wish is only claimed by one, and the skill challenges only claimed by one, and the skill certificate only used as a placeable object by one, right? Or could neither heir use he skill certificate?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
As far as I know the skill certificates have to be unique to each Sim. So two Sims could max painting but only one could use the skill certificate as a career reward.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Also, once an heir has completed all the requirements, we are free to bring in the next heir and extend their life. Does it matter which we do first? Does the heir need to be born before we can extend life? My founder was 4 days away from elder when she completed all of her requirements, and since she is human, I wanted to stop her aging ASAP. I did that before bringing in the next heir.
Also, her baby was born human (even though I had used the Procreation Elixir on BOTH parents!). She did not use "Have a Child" as a 5K wish. She can have another baby, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
For this challenge, it is fine if two heirs reach level 10 in the same skill, as long as the 5000 point wish is only claimed by one, and the skill challenges only claimed by one, and the skill certificate only used as a placeable object by one, right? Or could neither heir use he skill certificate?

If Heir A maxes painting and gets the skill certificate for his requirements, if Heir B also maxes painting it's a problem because  Heir B will also get a skill certificate whether or not they're "claiming" the certificate for requirements. Try and forget about the whole "claiming" concept...it's confusing to be honest. The certificate is no longer unique to Heir A because B also received one.

Also, once an heir has completed all the requirements, we are free to bring in the next heir and extend their life. Does it matter which we do first? Does the heir need to be born before we can extend life?

Yeah, as soon as the 7 requirements are done you qualify to extend an Heir's life AND bring in the next heir -- but they're not connected in any way -- i.e. you do not need to bring in another heir in order to extend life...it's the 7 requirements that unlock that privilege. 

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Thank you Rachel and Teresa for the information on imaginary friends :) I was unaware that you could change the gender, so that is a big help.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Ok makes sense, so Heir A could reach say Level 8 in Logic, and Heir B Reach Level 10, receive AND claim the skill certificate, and complete the skill challenges?
That way Heir A has not overlapped with Heir B for any requirements.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Like Metro said - I would stop worrying about claiming something because even if it's not claimed and it's one of those things that is supposed to be unique. If more than one person does it but only one claims it then it's forfeit for both of them.   

Unique Best Friend - this person should probably never meet anyone else in your house ever.  No one else in your house under any circumstances should ever reach best friend status with this person so if you have celebrity Sims with charisma skill challenges & the attractive LTR - hide your friend in a closet and never let them visit the house.
Unique career rewards -  no else gets these but one person.  If you use a skill certificate, that means no other heir can max that skill.
Unique Opportunities - only one heir can do accept and finish this.
Unique LTRs - only one heir can have bought the LTR ever.
Unique wishes - Only one heir can accept and complete these wishes.  That means if you want to use Have First Child wish with one heir.  Never ever accept that wish for another heir.  It is not allowed to be completed until you get to the heir that you want to use that wish for.
Unique skill challenges  - Only one heir can have these done so if you want to use the collecting skill challenges only one heir should ever pick up beetles so none of the others have the chance to nullify his/her requirement
Unique items in mausoleum - Go ahead and plan to do these with skills that only one heir will ever learn.  It will make things more simple.  You don't have to but it will help with some of the other requirements if only the heir knows this skill (skill challenges, career reward, wishes )

anything