Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898236 times)

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
What would be the unique skill/mausoleum pieces used for the Fortune Teller career? I didn,t see anything listed as unigue skill or museum piece.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
There may not be one, so I would recommend that if you haven't played it through at least once, use an alternate career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »
What would be the unique skill/mausoleum pieces used for the Fortune Teller career? I didn,t see anything listed as unigue skill or museum piece.

Shirin's right.   I'm up to level 9 on a Sim for the Master of Mysticism LTW and she has never received anything from work that could be used as a career reward.   It does require the alchemy skill but alchemy doesn't actually receive a skill certificate apparently.   Even then it's still only one that could count towards your career rewards.   However, the alchemy elixirirs could be used as your 7 mausoleum pieces.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

• Could you bring in a child/teen ghost to be brought up with an heir and then eventually become the heir's spouse?
  • Could an imaginary friend be made real, move out of the house and then count as a unique best friend?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »

• Could you bring in a child/teen ghost to be brought up with an heir and then eventually become the heir's spouse?
  • Could an imaginary friend be made real, move out of the house and then count as a unique best friend?

1 -  I'd feel more comfortable with you waiting - Metro may feel different though.  Considering that spouses/spares aren't held to any type of restrictions - you can wait until the heir is of age to bring in the ghost and cake them up if you wanted.  However, most people would bring in an IF to be a spouse probably earlier rather than later so it's no different than that.  If  you bring that person in though, they have to be the spouse.  There are no other choices for that heir because only spouses and spares are allowed in the house not helpers. 

2 - No.  The only people that can be brought into the house are spouses and spares so the IF would have to be a spouse or it's against the rules. 

Sorry for the repeats there - I just realized.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »
Suppose it takes me a very long time to complete the requirements for my female heir, and she becomes an elder before bringing in the next heir. Can I give her the young again potion as soon as she has met the requirements and then have her get pregnant?

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:22 PM »

1 -  I'd feel more comfortable with you waiting - Metro may feel different though.

No real need for a debate here — the rules are quite clear — only spouses and spares are allowed in the house. So, bringing in a child/teen ghost is not even an option because children/Teens cannot be spouses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »
    Suppose it takes me a very long time to complete the requirements for my female heir, and she becomes an elder before bringing in the next heir. Can I give her the young again potion as soon as she has met the requirements and then have her get pregnant?

I would assume the answer would be yes as once you complete the requirements an heir can use the young again potion. I can't see anything in the rules that say that an heir has to be brought in immediately you complete all the requirements.

Rachel
    Please follow the forum rules.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
    « Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »

No real need for a debate here — the rules are quite clear — only spouses and spares are allowed in the house. So, bringing in a child/teen ghost is not even an option because children/Teens cannot be spouses.
    I asked because I was thinking of playing an all-ghost family in Twinbrook and the only starvation ghost in the town is Kid Mugg, who died as a teenager.  Could I move him in and cake him up immediately?

On a related subject, could I have a normal human founder who completes his tasks and produces an heir as a human, then dies of old age and is brought back with Oh My Ghost?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #159 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
    I have a similar question to Hazelnut. Would a heir be able to marry an elderly human spouse that dies of old age then bring them back using the oh my ghost opp. Or does a ghost have to be in ghost form when they move in.

In fact do all spouse need to be the required lifestate when they move in or could we move in Agnes for instance and then get her turned into a vampire.

Rachel

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
    « Reply #160 on: September 19, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
    The Oh My Ghost opportunity is not banned so you can bring back a spouse that way.   

Spouses don't have to be a different life state when they move in (Example: Samoht's story) but they do have to be their final life state before you ever have children. 

@hazelnut - When your heir is YA or later, you can then move in the ghost to be a spouse and cake him up.    Metro and I are still discussing the founder part but part of me feels that in the spirit of the challenge, your founder would have to be his/her final life state at the completion of the tasks.   When Metro becomes free, he'll let me/us know his opinion.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
    « Reply #161 on: September 19, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
    Final Ruling:

Founders have to be in their final life state at the time of the requirement completion.   You can have your founder turned at some point but all heirs have to be in their final life state when born.   That's how you pick an heir because they are a different life state then their parent. 

As for letting a founder or heir die - this is a flat no.  None of your heirs are allowed to die, doing so will be a failure (Total or just not in HOF if you continue).  So if you want a particular ghost, the spouse has to be that ghost to pass it on or you have to start that way from CAS. 

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #162 on: September 19, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »
    Thank you Rica,I now have a plan set in place for each heir and a back up plan for each heir just in case.

Rachel

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
    • Challenge Board Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #163 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:47 AM »
    We are not allowed to add others than spouses and spares, does this mean that my spare cant have a child on her own born in the house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
    • Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #164 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
    We are not allowed to add others than spouses and spares, does this mean that my spare cant have a child on her own born in the house?

Well, it's kind of understood that "spouses and spares" mean a direct connection to the most recent heir. That's what it's all about -- completing requirements to do that and bring in more heirs. If you're adding to the household otherwise and not doing the requirements, then it does not work. So, no, you can't do that.

anything