Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906719 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2370 on: December 29, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »
I'm 99% sure you can only get kelp underwater, no matter what you say on land. I wish the LTR was an option but the rule was put into place when I asked about it. The only option if you're not in Isla Paradiso is unfortunately only to find a random townie, as others have already said. It's kind of frustrating. :/

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #2371 on: December 29, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry! I totally spaced out on that rule... serves me right for not being on this forum for a while  :-[

I'll double check for you if someone hasn't by tomorrow about acquiring mermadic kelp on land :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2372 on: December 29, 2013, 10:01:18 AM »
You can't get it on land, I was trying to myself two days ago, ask about fish parts is the only way and you can only ask that underwater  :-\

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2373 on: December 30, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »
Hi! I'm planning to restart this challenge, since my previous attempt was lost in a computer crash. My new founder maxed Alchemy, but he didn't receive a skill certificate for it in the mail. Is this a known bug? I seem to remember getting one before. If it is a bug, can I still count the skill certificate since he did max the skill? If it's a feature, I guess I'll just have to think up a different skill for him to go along with Alchemy.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2374 on: December 30, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Alchemy doesn't give a skill certificate and you can't give yourself credit for it anyways because it just doesn't give a skill certificate.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2375 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
Very well, then I know it's not a bug and I'll just pick another skill in addition to alchemy, which was all I really wanted to know.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2376 on: December 30, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
One more question: My same Sim keeps having his cellphone ring, and he can answer it but I don't get an Opportunity popup window. I suspect it's the Alchemy opportunity chain not triggering properly for some reason. Is there any known reason for what might be causeing this, or any way I can fix it? Otherwise I may just roll myself a new foundersim and hope for better luck next time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2377 on: December 30, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
One more question: My same Sim keeps having his cellphone ring, and he can answer it but I don't get an Opportunity popup window. I suspect it's the Alchemy opportunity chain not triggering properly for some reason. Is there any known reason for what might be causeing this, or any way I can fix it? Otherwise I may just roll myself a new foundersim and hope for better luck next time.

Do you have Into the Future installed? That's a bug that's been happening in a lot of people's games. :/

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2378 on: December 30, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
Yes I do...that's annoying, I guess I'll just restart and hope the bug won't happen again.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2379 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »
You can't get it on land, I was trying to myself two days ago, ask about fish parts is the only way and you can only ask that underwater  :-\

Ahhh. :( Well thanks anyway.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2380 on: January 05, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »
Okay so after taking a break from this the challenges got me itching to try again, I understand we can't help a sim to die but I'm assuming not helping them to live is okay  :P

Basically I got the chance of a dehydrated mermaid ghost after Dallas passed out in front of the fireplace in his house, my sim was just on her way out the door having stayed over for the night and he must have got turned in his sleep as he went to bed with no scales but got up with them next day, I thought about throwing a bucket of water on him then decided it was too interesting to pass up the possible ghost so left for work, and of course his evil family just left him there for Grim  ::) But then technically so did I so maybe I'm the evil one.

But it means I now have the chance of a ghost mermaid heir assuming I didn't do anything wrong there, did I?

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2381 on: January 05, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
I restarted my challenge in Midnight Hollow, and it's going well so far. I love the layout of the town, but for one minor drawback - I can't find any deathfish spawners anywhere. Is there any challenge legal way to add them in? Otherwise I'll just have to struggle on without them and hope my sim doesn't die from old age before he makes enough money from fishing to qualify for a reward plaque.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2382 on: January 05, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
Deathfish are in the science centre, Fascinating Facts Observatory, pond from 2am
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2383 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:37 AM »
Aha, thanks very much! That should help me greatly.  :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2384 on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:59 AM »
But it means I now have the chance of a ghost mermaid heir assuming I didn't do anything wrong there, did I?

Nope.