Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291511 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Death and the Maiden
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »
Welcome, sweet Rosetta! You are Goopy and Mona's child, therefore you have no choice but to be stunningly gorgeous when you grow up. :)

A beautiful update. Sweet and bittersweet all at the same time, rife with raw emotion. It was sad to lose Carlotta...but if I'm right, wasn't the house full up until that point with Emmett moving in?

Bingo.  Bittersweet is the perfect word.  I was telling a friend of mine that I kind of hoped Ed would go first, because I'm the least attached to him.  Then I felt like a cruel and biased god.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 12:54:42 AM »
I love the displeased look on Mona's face when she's heavily pregnant in red checks, short shorts and Ugg boots.

I'm thinking that Rosetta's going to supermax Logic, only because the only Rosetta I can think of is the Rosetta Stone (used to translate hieroglyphics). I'm probably dead wrong, but that's all I can think of. Unless it's sculpting, because Stone . . .
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »
It looks like I missed quite a few updates while visiting family, and all really great ones! I loved getting to read Ophelia's tale, and I've always liked that particular painting of her. It's nice that she finally gets to have a happy ending. Goopy and Mona's story and wedding was also quite lovely, and I'm glad she worked through her teenage angst and confusion in time. Also, huzzah for generation three! Welcome, Rosetta!

Louise56

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »
I love the update, Rosetta is such a beautiful name. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
I love the displeased look on Mona's face when she's heavily pregnant in red checks, short shorts and Ugg boots.

I'm thinking that Rosetta's going to supermax Logic, only because the only Rosetta I can think of is the Rosetta Stone (used to translate hieroglyphics). I'm probably dead wrong, but that's all I can think of. Unless it's sculpting, because Stone . . .

You are correct!  She's going to be a genius like her daddy and grandpa.  Good detective work :) 

Funny enough, Mona's preggo wear was a saved outfit from Coralie's homeless file - deliberately awful.  I should probably go delete that now.

I love the update, Rosetta is such a beautiful name. :)

I think so too.  I was racking my brains for something that would work for a baby genius who is female (Einsteina just isn't pretty, is it?).  Rosetta even sounds Italian, which is perfect for Monte Vista.

It looks like a missed quite a few updates while visiting family, and all really great ones! I loved getting to read Ophelia's tale, and I've always liked that particular painting of her. It's nice that she finally gets to have a happy ending. Goopy and Mona's story and wedding was also quite lovely, and I'm glad she worked through her teenage angst and confusion in time. Also, huzzah for generation three! Welcome, Rosetta!

Glad you're all caught up.  I absolutely love that Millais painting and always have.  I worried a bit that Mona Lisa was ruining her likability by having so many issues, but I think she's okay now.

SimBlip

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Coralie must have been absolutely devastated when Carlotta passed over. I'm so glad she has Camillo still and now a gorgeous grandchild. I love how she says: "It's the three of us, pea, now and forever."
I love the sheer splendour of Rosetta's birth picture. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Coralie must have been absolutely devastated when Carlotta passed over. I'm so glad she has Camillo still and now a gorgeous grandchild. I love how she says: "It's the three of us, pea, now and forever."
I love the sheer splendour of Rosetta's birth picture. :)

Camillo called her "pea" once while sculpting her toddler piece for the museum, and it's stuck with me.  I imagine that both parents call her that, pretty much all the time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Just started reading this -- it's great! I really enjoy the drama between Mona and Ophelia. Midsummer Night's Dream -- Sims style. Looking at how beautiful Mona is, I almost wish that I'd chosen Camillo instead of Carlo for my dynasty...

Can't wait to see little Rosetta grow up. I bet she'll be a beauty like her parents.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »
Just started reading this -- it's great! I really enjoy the drama between Mona and Ophelia. Midsummer Night's Dream -- Sims style. Looking at how beautiful Mona is, I almost wish that I'd chosen Camillo instead of Carlo for my dynasty...

Can't wait to see little Rosetta grow up. I bet she'll be a beauty like her parents.

Mona is probably the prettiest Sim I've ever had born into a game.  Here's hoping Rosetta surpasses her!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
Rosetta shall be a stunning genius who attracts more boys than a signed basketball and can explain to them that the chances of them being with her are less than .5126 percent.
Yay! Mona and Goopy had a nooboo! (Told ya! Mwahahahahaha . . . )
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Birth of Venus
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
"Oh, she's perfect," Mom said, cooing over my sleeping Rosetta, all bundled tight in her pink swaddling, and gurgle/snoring in her bliss.  "She's a perfect little rosebud, isn't she, Pea?"

"She is."

The quick and sweet days of her infancy would fly by just like that.  I've never seen my mother quite so happy.

Goopy, too, seems at a loss to express just how thrilled he is with our perfect little bundle of joy.

When the morning of her toddler birthday rolled around, I could tell everyone was just a little hesitant to lose our cuddly pink burrito.  I couldn't wait though.  I wanted to see if she looked more like me or her daddy.

There were wagers placed throughout the house on this matter.

"She's gonna look like me!" Mom insisted, standing off on her own.

Well, we were all wrong, kind of.  She's got Goop's gorgeous, deep blue eyes.  It looks like she's got the lips I inherited from Mom, and she's got this totally baffling light blonde hair.  It's not Mom's hair.  We're not sure where it came from.

I, of course, got first snuggle with our new toddler.  She's a neurotic genius who loves the color lilac, if it hasn't been mentioned.

I think she just might be everything perfect in the world.

Mom started in on the walking lessons almost immediately.  Rosetta took them incredibly seriously and learned faster than any toddler I've ever heard of, this side of vampirism.

She and her grandma seem to have a special bond.

By the end of the day, she was toddling all over the house.

She knew talking and potty were up next.  She's a charming little thing and already seems to recognize everyone in the house.  She even waves and hams it up when she knows I'm taking a photo.

I insisted on doing the talking lessons, even though it'd go slower since I don't have the family oriented trait.  Mom reluctantly agreed, being that I gave birth to the girl and all.

"Do you know Mommy?"

"Mommy smile big."

"Yes, honey.  You make Mommy smile.  Can you say love?"

"Wuv you, Mommy." 

"Oh, you're perfect."

She is.  She's got us all wrapped around her little finger.

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hi, Rosebud."

"Potty now?"

"Okay!"

"I did it!"

"You did!"

"Bath?"

"I'll be late for work, Rosie."

"Bath, daddy."

"Oh, all right."

"Ooh cold!"

"Sorry!"

"All clean, Daddy!"

"All clean, Rosebud."

Even Emmett can't stay away.  He's always sneaking in to tickle her or give her a snack. 

Honesty, even aside from the whole blonde thing, I can't believe I made that perfect little creature.  I'm taking so much joy in painting her toddler portrait that I can see myself losing sight of my supermax and doing six or seven of them before she ages up.

That's our Rosetta.  As I said when she was born, she is going to do great things.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
Rosetta shall be a stunning genius who attracts more boys than a signed basketball and can explain to them that the chances of them being with her are less than .5126 percent.
Yay! Mona and Goopy had a nooboo! (Told ya! Mwahahahahaha . . . )

Well, that's going in the story.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Birth of Venus
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
There is only one statement that can sum up Rosetta:

SO. DARN. CUTE. <3

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »
Rosetta is lovely! I'm sure she used her magical powers of Rosettaness to give herself blonde hair. Not sure why she chose blonde . . . but, like I said before, beautiful!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
Rosetta is totally scrumptious! And the neurotic trait is so much fun!
She's got this reader wrapped around her little finger too. :)

anything