Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 124119 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Death and the Maiden
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »
Welcome, sweet Rosetta! You are Goopy and Mona's child, therefore you have no choice but to be stunningly gorgeous when you grow up. :)

A beautiful update. Sweet and bittersweet all at the same time, rife with raw emotion. It was sad to lose Carlotta...but if I'm right, wasn't the house full up until that point with Emmett moving in?

Bingo.  Bittersweet is the perfect word.  I was telling a friend of mine that I kind of hoped Ed would go first, because I'm the least attached to him.  Then I felt like a cruel and biased god.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 12:54:42 AM »
I love the displeased look on Mona's face when she's heavily pregnant in red checks, short shorts and Ugg boots.

I'm thinking that Rosetta's going to supermax Logic, only because the only Rosetta I can think of is the Rosetta Stone (used to translate hieroglyphics). I'm probably dead wrong, but that's all I can think of. Unless it's sculpting, because Stone . . .
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »
It looks like I missed quite a few updates while visiting family, and all really great ones! I loved getting to read Ophelia's tale, and I've always liked that particular painting of her. It's nice that she finally gets to have a happy ending. Goopy and Mona's story and wedding was also quite lovely, and I'm glad she worked through her teenage angst and confusion in time. Also, huzzah for generation three! Welcome, Rosetta!

Louise56

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »
I love the update, Rosetta is such a beautiful name. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
I love the displeased look on Mona's face when she's heavily pregnant in red checks, short shorts and Ugg boots.

I'm thinking that Rosetta's going to supermax Logic, only because the only Rosetta I can think of is the Rosetta Stone (used to translate hieroglyphics). I'm probably dead wrong, but that's all I can think of. Unless it's sculpting, because Stone . . .

You are correct!  She's going to be a genius like her daddy and grandpa.  Good detective work :) 

Funny enough, Mona's preggo wear was a saved outfit from Coralie's homeless file - deliberately awful.  I should probably go delete that now.

I love the update, Rosetta is such a beautiful name. :)

I think so too.  I was racking my brains for something that would work for a baby genius who is female (Einsteina just isn't pretty, is it?).  Rosetta even sounds Italian, which is perfect for Monte Vista.

It looks like a missed quite a few updates while visiting family, and all really great ones! I loved getting to read Ophelia's tale, and I've always liked that particular painting of her. It's nice that she finally gets to have a happy ending. Goopy and Mona's story and wedding was also quite lovely, and I'm glad she worked through her teenage angst and confusion in time. Also, huzzah for generation three! Welcome, Rosetta!

Glad you're all caught up.  I absolutely love that Millais painting and always have.  I worried a bit that Mona Lisa was ruining her likability by having so many issues, but I think she's okay now.

SimBlip

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Coralie must have been absolutely devastated when Carlotta passed over. I'm so glad she has Camillo still and now a gorgeous grandchild. I love how she says: "It's the three of us, pea, now and forever."
I love the sheer splendour of Rosetta's birth picture. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Coralie must have been absolutely devastated when Carlotta passed over. I'm so glad she has Camillo still and now a gorgeous grandchild. I love how she says: "It's the three of us, pea, now and forever."
I love the sheer splendour of Rosetta's birth picture. :)

Camillo called her "pea" once while sculpting her toddler piece for the museum, and it's stuck with me.  I imagine that both parents call her that, pretty much all the time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Just started reading this -- it's great! I really enjoy the drama between Mona and Ophelia. Midsummer Night's Dream -- Sims style. Looking at how beautiful Mona is, I almost wish that I'd chosen Camillo instead of Carlo for my dynasty...

Can't wait to see little Rosetta grow up. I bet she'll be a beauty like her parents.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »
Just started reading this -- it's great! I really enjoy the drama between Mona and Ophelia. Midsummer Night's Dream -- Sims style. Looking at how beautiful Mona is, I almost wish that I'd chosen Camillo instead of Carlo for my dynasty...

Can't wait to see little Rosetta grow up. I bet she'll be a beauty like her parents.

Mona is probably the prettiest Sim I've ever had born into a game.  Here's hoping Rosetta surpasses her!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
Rosetta shall be a stunning genius who attracts more boys than a signed basketball and can explain to them that the chances of them being with her are less than .5126 percent.
Yay! Mona and Goopy had a nooboo! (Told ya! Mwahahahahaha . . . )
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Birth of Venus
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
"Oh, she's perfect," Mom said, cooing over my sleeping Rosetta, all bundled tight in her pink swaddling, and gurgle/snoring in her bliss.  "She's a perfect little rosebud, isn't she, Pea?"

"She is."

The quick and sweet days of her infancy would fly by just like that.  I've never seen my mother quite so happy.

Goopy, too, seems at a loss to express just how thrilled he is with our perfect little bundle of joy.

When the morning of her toddler birthday rolled around, I could tell everyone was just a little hesitant to lose our cuddly pink burrito.  I couldn't wait though.  I wanted to see if she looked more like me or her daddy.

There were wagers placed throughout the house on this matter.

"She's gonna look like me!" Mom insisted, standing off on her own.

Well, we were all wrong, kind of.  She's got Goop's gorgeous, deep blue eyes.  It looks like she's got the lips I inherited from Mom, and she's got this totally baffling light blonde hair.  It's not Mom's hair.  We're not sure where it came from.

I, of course, got first snuggle with our new toddler.  She's a neurotic genius who loves the color lilac, if it hasn't been mentioned.

I think she just might be everything perfect in the world.

Mom started in on the walking lessons almost immediately.  Rosetta took them incredibly seriously and learned faster than any toddler I've ever heard of, this side of vampirism.

She and her grandma seem to have a special bond.

By the end of the day, she was toddling all over the house.

She knew talking and potty were up next.  She's a charming little thing and already seems to recognize everyone in the house.  She even waves and hams it up when she knows I'm taking a photo.

I insisted on doing the talking lessons, even though it'd go slower since I don't have the family oriented trait.  Mom reluctantly agreed, being that I gave birth to the girl and all.

"Do you know Mommy?"

"Mommy smile big."

"Yes, honey.  You make Mommy smile.  Can you say love?"

"Wuv you, Mommy." 

"Oh, you're perfect."

She is.  She's got us all wrapped around her little finger.

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hi, Rosebud."

"Potty now?"

"Okay!"

"I did it!"

"You did!"

"Bath?"

"I'll be late for work, Rosie."

"Bath, daddy."

"Oh, all right."

"Ooh cold!"

"Sorry!"

"All clean, Daddy!"

"All clean, Rosebud."

Even Emmett can't stay away.  He's always sneaking in to tickle her or give her a snack. 

Honesty, even aside from the whole blonde thing, I can't believe I made that perfect little creature.  I'm taking so much joy in painting her toddler portrait that I can see myself losing sight of my supermax and doing six or seven of them before she ages up.

That's our Rosetta.  As I said when she was born, she is going to do great things.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
Rosetta shall be a stunning genius who attracts more boys than a signed basketball and can explain to them that the chances of them being with her are less than .5126 percent.
Yay! Mona and Goopy had a nooboo! (Told ya! Mwahahahahaha . . . )

Well, that's going in the story.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Birth of Venus
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
There is only one statement that can sum up Rosetta:

SO. DARN. CUTE. <3

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »
Rosetta is lovely! I'm sure she used her magical powers of Rosettaness to give herself blonde hair. Not sure why she chose blonde . . . but, like I said before, beautiful!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
Rosetta is totally scrumptious! And the neurotic trait is so much fun!
She's got this reader wrapped around her little finger too. :)

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
Great update. Rosetta is one of the cutest Toddlers I've seen in a while. Neurotic is one of my favorite traits for a sim, so i look forward to how she develops with it.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
OH my word...she has to be one of the most ridiculously cute toddlers I've ever seen!

I'll never understand the random hair colors...

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Astronomer
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the compliments on Rosetta.  She is pretty darned adorable.

------

"Kid really likes baths," Daddy was saying.  "Like, wants them every three seconds.  I think she might be a bit ... obsessed.  With hygiene, I mean."

"Well, there are worse things to be obsessed with Daddy."

"Good thing your mother likes doing it so much."

Baths weren't the only thing my little girl seems to have enthusiasm for.  Her little brain is so hungry for information that she's constantly either at the peg box or begging for a story.  The peg box, when it gets the best of her, brings on the cutest frustration tantrums.

Look at that pout!  Good thing Grandpa Ed was around to help her out.  She maxed it in one sitting.

Mom, being a bookworm, loves doing the stories with her.  They've worked through about seven toddler books so far, already.

A little toddler running around, as well as seven adults really has put a strain on our little cottage, though.  We decided to jump headfirst into the rebuild before Rosetta ages up - insane as that may sound.  Daddy tucked her in last night and said, "Sleep tight, Rosebud.  Tomorrow we get a brand new house!"

"House, grampa," she said, then immediately passed out into a blissful slumber.

We had to tear out Carlotta's greenhouse, which means her remaining plants were lost.  There weren't that many left, but there was still a good deal of guilt about it.  On our last day in the house, both Ophelia and I aged up.  No midlife crises, thank goodness.

No matter, if this house ever gives birth to a gardener, she will have the most famous greenhouse in Monte Vista at her fingertips - we've created an all weather solution by putting one smack in the middle of our home in place of a courtyard.  Eventually a pool and rec area will go in there, but if someone wants to start another garden, it is ready for them.

Anyway, the build is done.  Take a look at this beast.

Right now only the ground floor is furnished and painted.  And, even that isn't done very well.  We were so exhausted by the rebuild and design that we just threw up what was necessary so we could pass out.

"Rosebud, do you want to see your new nursery?" Daddy asked, scooping her up.

"Bath, grandpa."

"Again with the bath?"

"Clean, grandpa.  Bath."

"Yes, yes, I hear you, kid."

"Better?"

"Now book."

"Rosebud, I'm sleepy."

"Grandpa, we learn.  Book."

"I used to be a strong man, you know."

The basement has been put in and we're in the process of moving the museum down there.  Here's my area.

Notice my art ribbon.  I've supermaxed painting and hit level 10 of the painter career!  Not bad for someone who isn't yet an elder!  Now I'm going to play with sculpting, I think.  Daddy should be able to tutor me.

Our first morning in the new house was Rosetta's birthday. 

"Granny, I want to be a fairy," she said.

"You'll be a child, Rosebud.  That's just as good."

"No wings?"

"We'll make you some."

"Okay, granny."

We cheered and carried on while she sparkled.

Perhaps due to that little fairy exchange prior to the cake, she aged up a Supernatural Fan.  Perhaps fascination with the Other is a symptom of her genius.  All those books, however, did a bit of a number on her eyes, so we had to get her glasses.  She's still an adorable little thing.

For the first room that got any effort in this house, we renovated the nursery into a child genius's bedroom.  We'd only intended to get her the chemistry set and maybe a chess table, but she begged and begged for an alchemy station too.  She can't use it until she's a teen, but what harm could it do?

She seems particularly attached to her new telescope.  She tells me that it makes her feel like she's floating through the universe, meeting the stars and shaking their fiery hands.

She is a remarkable child.  Unfortunately her first day as one came with a fair share of drama.  First her Daddy aged up with a hilariously bad afro.

Aw, Goop.  You're old now.  He looked better after a trip to the stylist.

Daddy and I worked on getting her museum pieces set up and got her room started downstairs.  Mom's room was set up as well.

But, then Grim paid us a visit.  Which is strange, because no one saw him.  Ed just stood up, ghosted, and left.  No interaction with the reaper at all.  It seemed peaceful.

He was 104.  Goopy had an idea to devote some of the basement space as a mausoleum to his parents, so that's just what we did.  Carlotta's remains had been kept in the green house prior to the rebuild and she'd never once come to visit us.  Perhaps she'd be happier here.

When Goopy and I were setting it up, he began to chuckle, spotting that small photo there on the right.  I took it down and got a good look at it.  It's funny, I can barely remember taking it, but oh how sweet the memory was.  A quick, carefree break from immortal responsibilities.  Our parents dancing and skating and having fun.

I imagine Carlotta liked the dedication.  The night her husband died was also the first night her spirit made an appearance.  She spent most of the evening wandering through the museum rooms, but she spent the most time in Mom's.  I think she misses her.  I've decided that I'm going to put some rocking chairs down there, just in case she visits again.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Astronomer
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:49 AM »
Ah, so beautiful. Rosetta is gorgeous! Such a little cutie! I like how she is Neurotic and a Supernatural Fan, it's different from most Geniuses.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 07:45:53 AM »
I love it that your little astronomer feels like she's "floating through the universe." The new house looks great!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
Wow! This is really good! I'm impressed by Mona's progress. And this is a beautiful story. I guess one of grandma's parents had blonde hair!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

SimBlip

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
That is a most impressive and original house.
It must be a relief to store all the museum pieces safely and permanently from now on.
Great update! :)

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
Awesome story, kept me engaged.
I think all the children looked really cute(Goopy, when he was a child, most of them!)
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
Ah, so beautiful. Rosetta is gorgeous! Such a little cutie! I like how she is Neurotic and a Supernatural Fan, it's different from most Geniuses.

I thought they both fit :)  She's really fun to play.

I love it that your little astronomer feels like she's "floating through the universe." The new house looks great!

Thank you!  I spent way more time on it than a sane person would.  Eventually I'll do some landscaping too.  I'm just pleased that I finally built a house that doesn't look like a shoebox.

That is a most impressive and original house.
It must be a relief to store all the museum pieces safely and permanently from now on.
Great update! :)

It definitely is, but now I have VERY active ghosts.  I don't even have a staircase down there, but they still manage to eat all the food and mess with my living Sims pretty much nightly.

Wow! This is really good! I'm impressed by Mona's progress. And this is a beautiful story. I guess one of grandma's parents had blonde hair!

Who knows!  I was under the impression none of the grandparents HAD parents programmed in, since they're all starter Sims.

Awesome story, kept me engaged.
I think all the children looked really cute(Goopy, when he was a child, most of them!)

Thanks!  Glad to know I have another reader.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Just read through the entire story and I think it is fantastic, can't wait to read more :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

*The Danvers Dynasty - completed*
*Swap Shop Thread*

anything