Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288384 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Entropy
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2013, 01:36:45 AM »
Wow, that bird really is gorgeous! Thanks for showing us.

Haha, poor Emmett! He does make me laugh. I've never tried playing an unlucky sim before, but now I want to! How did he get shocked freeing the genie?

Sweet, little Eden. I wonder if Freddie will come home wearing golden tassels?

I just looked at the boarding school guide  ;)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »
I've never seen Grim passed out before lol. I'm curious about the witch potion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
The way you depict Eden's childhood is totally unique. This is creative writing with a capital 'C'!
Eden probably wants to be a good witch and beat the evil green witch in a legendary duel... or something like that... maybe.  :D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
I just looked at the boarding school guide  ;)

I thought someone might  :P

I've never seen Grim passed out before lol. I'm curious about the witch potion.

So is Eden.

The way you depict Eden's childhood is totally unique. This is creative writing with a capital 'C'!
Eden probably wants to be a good witch and beat the evil green witch in a legendary duel... or something like that... maybe.  :D

Well thank you!  I thought a little girl with no occupation throughout her entire, snow-walled childhood might become quite the imagination.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Most Incredible Thing
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
*Watcher's Note*

Eden's chapters will be the names of fairytales, rather than gardens and gardening things.  It seems to fit her.  I will put small notes on the fairytales that are more obscure at the bottoms of her chapters, just because I ended up reading some of them, and fairytales are awesome.

Some days, I think I've found the most amazing thing ever.  A Lancelot, brightly colored bird, or a bottle of secret witch potion, or even a vampire's eye gem.  Those days are good.  Then, on the last day of my childhood, I got to see what school was like.

That was pretty amazing!  I met a really fun girl named Gretchen or Gertrude or something with a G.  Then I came home, and Uncle Emmett had made this painting that looked like tiles!  That's pretty amazing too.  AND he said I could have it for my room!  Doubly amazing.

Later, was playing outside while Mom finished up her book report reading for teaching.  We were gonna play dominos after.

And then boom!  Before I knew what was happening, I aged up to a teen!  A party noisemaker just magically appeared in my hand.  That was incredible.

But then I became a teen, which made the noisemaker seem boring!

Grandma says I got the same bad hair she got when she became a teen, but I was blessed with "subtle golden highlights."  I like how that sounds!  I got to go to the mirror and dresser and make myself look brand new.  Picking out grown up clothes was the best thing I've ever gotten to do!  And Lancelot chirped and told me what he thought of them!

Everyday:

Formal:

Sleeping:

Swimming:

And cold outside:

I was kinda scared to grow up, you know.  I thought I'd be a brand new Eden.  But I feel just the same.  I'm not bored of my Lancelot or my dollhouse or my gumball machine.  I'm still just me!  And that's amazing too. 

Growing up is hard work, so I took a nap on the couch and dreamed that my prince finally came home to me.

Little did I know, my dream was coming true!

When I woke up and saw him there... all white with golden shoulder tassels, I had to ask him if he was real.  He said the strangest thing back.  "Reality is subjective," I think it was.  And then he said, "Hi, I'm Freddie."

I can't look at him without imagining him in silver armor, battling dragons and ogres and evil queens.

Later I found out he is the son that Ophelia and Emmett sent to school 100 years ago.  He's finally home and he's going to live with us!  I felt a little embarrassed that it wasn't just a dream and that I actually said those things to him.  He's sleeping in my old nursery right now until he can redecorate.  Sherlock really seems to like him.

I like him too.  He makes me dream of the things that I've always wished for.

I've also been dreaming about the other thing.  The secret thing.  A princess or good witch or sorceress in the stories never gets her powers until she's a teen.  Well, I'm a teen now, and I have to decide.  I dream of that stone I know is hiding in the colosseum.  It calls to me. 

It says, "Eden, this is what you're meant to be!"

But it's a big scary talking stone head.  Should I believe it or not!

Well, I don't know.  My dream about the white knight came true.  And don't laugh!  Everyone thinks Freddie is just a silly hippie, but he is gallant and good and strong.  He looks like a knight too.  He got to make clothes and new hair for himself just like I did, except he's a young adult and not just a stupid teen. 

Want to see them?  Well, I like looking at them, so you're going to anyway.

Everyday:

Formal:

Sleeping(!):

Swimming:

Cold days:

Isn't he something?  I had to go to high school in the mornings, but he'd always be up when I was having breakfast, and he'd tell me about his days.

About when he found Moonglow, in the rain, and ran with her through the meadows outside the citadel.

How she spoke to him and agreed to let him be her owner.  (Though she's never spoken to me!)

And how they ride together through the night, preparing to become the most famous man and horse in the history of Monte Vista.  And I ask you, am I just being a silly girl?  Or is this the real embodiment of a white knight ... a fairy tale prince?  And, my, wouldn't that just be the most incredible thing?

“The Most Incredible Thing" (Danish: Det Utroligste) is a literary fairy tale by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen (1805–1875). The story is about a contest to find the most incredible thing and the wondrous consequences when the winner is chosen.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Most Incredible Thing
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Yes! Yes! Yesyesyesyesyes! Freden forever! Bwahahahahaha . . .
I tell you, Freddie is just too cute and/or hippie-ish to go to waste! I love the "golden tassels" . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
Freden, huh?...I feel like something will complicate this childhish crush soon, for better or worse.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
At this stage of the game I have learned to expect the unexpected in this tale. In other words, I'm not going to anticipate a Freddie/Eden romance until it actually happens. :P It's wonderful how you keep us on our toes with everything.

That being said, wow, is Eden an elegant teen! The internal debate rages and we are left to wonder...gardening or witchcraft?

Excellent update. :)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »
I have the biggest, goofiest grin on my face right now. Good update.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »

I love the last shot of Freddie riding through the mist--appropriately dreamy and imaginative! Eden's perspective makes for a fun read. I wonder if she'll stay imaginative as grows up into a young adult, or if reality will catch up with her?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
So amazing! To borrow Eden's word. I like how she maintains her childlike wonder, it seems very natural, just like it seemed natural for Mona Lisa to be disgusted with her child self. And that last screenshot is amazing.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
Thank you for adding the explanation of your title into an author's note. I didn't know, and I learned something new. which I'm really grateful for.
Freddie looks awesome. Here's hoping that he feels the same way about the little princess.  ;D

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
I was wondering when Freddie was coming back...is he going to be a horseman :D?

Louise56

« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2013, 03:59:20 AM »
It is awesome that she find her dream prince and it is Freddie! I hope her dreams don't get shattered.  Fantastic update! :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
Yes! Yes! Yesyesyesyesyes! Freden forever! Bwahahahahaha . . .
I tell you, Freddie is just too cute and/or hippie-ish to go to waste! I love the "golden tassels" . . .

He turned out really well.  Nice combo of the parents.  And those pecs are nothing to sneeze at.

Freden, huh?...I feel like something will complicate this childhish crush soon, for better or worse.

Well, what's life without a little complication? ;)

At this stage of the game I have learned to expect the unexpected in this tale. In other words, I'm not going to anticipate a Freddie/Eden romance until it actually happens. :P It's wonderful how you keep us on our toes with everything.

That being said, wow, is Eden an elegant teen! The internal debate rages and we are left to wonder...gardening or witchcraft?

Excellent update. :)

Thank you!  Eden did age up very well.  I think our custom genes from Coralie are beginning to diffuse at this stage, but she's still very attractive.  I hope you enjoy her decision(s)!

I have the biggest, goofiest grin on my face right now. Good update.

Ha!  Good.  That's high praise.

I love the last shot of Freddie riding through the mist--appropriately dreamy and imaginative! Eden's perspective makes for a fun read. I wonder if she'll stay imaginative as grows up into a young adult, or if reality will catch up with her?

Eden is a childish Sim.  I'm not sure reality will ever completely diffuse her take on the world.  I was really thrilled with that shot too.  Monte Vista is just gorgeous, even in the rain.

So amazing! To borrow Eden's word. I like how she maintains her childlike wonder, it seems very natural, just like it seemed natural for Mona Lisa to be disgusted with her child self. And that last screenshot is amazing.

You're right, Eden and Mona Lisa are such opposites as teens!  Which is funny, because their romantic aspirations are fairly similar.  Mona was so angsty, whereas Eden will just go play with her toys if she hasn't gotten her way with something.  I definitely need to have them interact a bit more and see how it plays out.

Thank you for adding the explanation of your title into an author's note. I didn't know, and I learned something new. which I'm really grateful for.
Freddie looks awesome. Here's hoping that he feels the same way about the little princess.  ;D

No problem!  Freddie definitely notices her.  The very first wish he rolled upon coming home was to group up with her and then to go to a movie.  So, here's hoping his interest lasts. 

I was wondering when Freddie was coming back...is he going to be a horseman :D?

Yes ma'am.  His LTW is to adopt a unicorn.  So very Freddie, isn't it?  Seemed appropriate to just put him with horses full time.  Plus, Moonglow was an excellent find.

It is awesome that she find her dream prince and it is Freddie! I hope her dreams don't get shattered.  Fantastic update! :)

Thanks, Louise.  I have a soft spot for Eden.  I'd never let anything shatter her.

anything