Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290888 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Pilgrims' Progress
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »
Allegra is such a fun little girl. What a personality! Methinks this musician is going to be a handful. :)

It's nice to hear from Coralie again. I love her voice, her sense of perspective.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
Good luck with the musical supermax! Allegra is adorable, and I'm sure she's quite a handful!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
..... Somebody jut broke the fourth wall. ;) She will be a handful.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
Just make sure she doesn't get any other skills! That would make it so much harder to get the necessary opportunities.

This dynasty really strikes me as a happy family. When Coralie mentioned that Eureka made her a jumping squid it occurred to me. Some dynasties, everyone seems to do their own thing, or they don't get along, but more than anything this dynasty just seems like a family. RIP Moonglow. I had the most wonderful mental image of Freddie riding Moonglow through the sky. What are the round tan things in front of Eden's museum pieces? I liked the melancholy yet content tone of Coralie's missive. Those days with Camillo seem so long ago now. I really like Allegra's museum room, it's so pretty. I also like the interaction between Rosetta and her great-granddaughter. That's exactly how I am with fussy toddlers, I guess I am stone-hearted as well! I wonder why Allegra is so scared? I wouldn't be surprised if it were key later. Allegra is a little minx! She knows what each parent wants and does the opposite. Something just occurred to me. Freddie was the son of an imaginary friend. Did he have IF powers? What about Eureka? I think it's too soon to tell with Allegra. I'm just wondering if and how far they get passed down. I also just remembered that Humberto used to be blond! I guess it's not so surprising Allegra got that hair colour if her father has it. Unless he changed later? It snuck up on me, I don't remember the chronology now. I love it when Sims break the fourth wall! It's creepy though. But cool.

Does Eden re-cast the Conversion Ritual on the donuts etc.? Anything that can be created by a conversion ritual can also be changed by a conversion ritual. If you keep casting you can eventually get a pink diamond, even if it takes a long time and a lot of Essence of Magic!

Long time since I wrote a comment this long...
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »
Just make sure she doesn't get any other skills! That would make it so much harder to get the necessary opportunities.

This dynasty really strikes me as a happy family. When Coralie mentioned that Eureka made her a jumping squid it occurred to me. Some dynasties, everyone seems to do their own thing, or they don't get along, but more than anything this dynasty just seems like a family. RIP Moonglow. I had the most wonderful mental image of Freddie riding Moonglow through the sky. What are the round tan things in front of Eden's museum pieces? I liked the melancholy yet content tone of Coralie's missive. Those days with Camillo seem so long ago now. I really like Allegra's museum room, it's so pretty. I also like the interaction between Rosetta and her great-granddaughter. That's exactly how I am with fussy toddlers, I guess I am stone-hearted as well! I wonder why Allegra is so scared? I wouldn't be surprised if it were key later. Allegra is a little minx! She knows what each parent wants and does the opposite. Something just occurred to me. Freddie was the son of an imaginary friend. Did he have IF powers? What about Eureka? I think it's too soon to tell with Allegra. I'm just wondering if and how far they get passed down. I also just remembered that Humberto used to be blond! I guess it's not so surprising Allegra got that hair colour if her father has it. Unless he changed later? It snuck up on me, I don't remember the chronology now. I love it when Sims break the fourth wall! It's creepy though. But cool.

Does Eden re-cast the Conversion Ritual on the donuts etc.? Anything that can be created by a conversion ritual can also be changed by a conversion ritual. If you keep casting you can eventually get a pink diamond, even if it takes a long time and a lot of Essence of Magic!

Long time since I wrote a comment this long...

Ahh, so much to answer.  Shall do so in numbered points, as is my style.

1.) It is a big effort to make sure all of these immortals know each other and have decent relationships with one another, but I feel like they should.  They all live together, they're all in this together, they're all pieces of one another.  It's definitely something I"m striving for and it's really nice to know it is noticed.

2.) Round, tan things are the WA floor lamps I've been using in all the museum rooms.  They cast the perfect light distribution without obscuring anything

3.) Allegra will be getting the social butterfly trait when she ages up.  I couldn't wait for her to start showing it off that long, so she's already a toddler social butterfly.  I was going to make her over-emotional too, but because I can't seem to get two traits at birth since Rosetta, she got Eden's "Excitable" trait.  Not bad, but not what I was after.  I think she'll be lots of fun

4.) The only IF power I was aware of was the ability to turn into a doll, which Freddie and Eureka don't have.  Is there anything else I should look for? 

5.) Humberto had that awful greenish brown hair.  His color is different from Freddie/Allegra's but not too obviously in the photos.  His is the dark red highlights and dark brown base from the color palate in the hair section of CAS, where as Allegra's is not on that palate, it's a more magenta-y red and it has black roots and tips, which Humberto doesn't.  It's definitely Freddie's hair and not Humbug's that she ended up with, though it is close!  I admit, I gave Humby a variation of red hair because I was so desperate for a redheaded classic :)

6.) I'd been having Eden work through all the gems she's collected before reconverting.  Do you think I'd have better luck converting one object over and over until it's a pink diamond?

7.) I love your long comments.  Please leave lots.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »
The ability to turn into a doll is the only marker of if a sim is an IF or not.

It's really nice to see Coralie get another word in. I'm awful with preserving relationships between household members, so it's great to see you do it.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »

It's nice to hear from Coralie again; it's been such a long time! Little Allegra is quite demanding, but nevertheless charming. A social butterfly, you say? Well, I guess if she's to be a musician she'll need those adoring fans cheering her on!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:56 AM »
Thank you for the detailed response. I don't know why I thought Humberto had blond hair. I'm glad Allegra got Freddie and Ophelia's hair then.

Ahhh, Social Butterfly! It all makes sense now. She wants everyone to pay attention to her and she doesn't want to be along. I can empathise, having the Social Butterfly trait myself ;)

I don't know if you have a better chance one way or another, all I know is I usually just keep converting everything until I run out and then I start over. Sounds like you had quite a bit to start out with. No, I take it back. I convert the things I want the least (such as Moths and other unexceptional things) and then after I convert them until they turn into something useful I start on the slightly more desirable. I always scoop out a fish if I convert one and then you can convert the bowl and the fish separately.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2013, 04:36:30 AM »
Thank you for the detailed response. I don't know why I thought Humberto had blond hair. I'm glad Allegra got Freddie and Ophelia's hair then.

Ahhh, Social Butterfly! It all makes sense now. She wants everyone to pay attention to her and she doesn't want to be along. I can empathise, having the Social Butterfly trait myself ;)

I don't know if you have a better chance one way or another, all I know is I usually just keep converting everything until I run out and then I start over. Sounds like you had quite a bit to start out with. No, I take it back. I convert the things I want the least (such as Moths and other unexceptional things) and then after I convert them until they turn into something useful I start on the slightly more desirable. I always scoop out a fish if I convert one and then you can convert the bowl and the fish separately.

What I usually do is set up an end table with three things to convert and chain them together, before letting them go to town and focusing on other sims, while also keeping an eye on the witch. Whatever ends up un-useful (generally things that are nothing ex IF cookies and insects unless they're rare) I leave before I add new apples (the conjuring apples gives you ready-made items to play with) and chain the four conversion rituals again. In the end, I end up with things that I want more such as gems, fishes, and metals sometimes, and not things I don't want^^

SimBlip

« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
Woah! I picked the story up at "Absolute Zero" and finally caught up. It left me breathless.
I very much admire you for the depth and emotion you bring to this story. Excellent writing! :)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but what is the connection between the name Allegra and music?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but what is the connection between the name Allegra and music?

You're not dense if you don't know. "Allegro" is a musical term meaning quickly, as in to play quickly. Allegra is the feminine equivalent.

By samoht04

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
You're not dense if you don't know. "Allegro" is a musical term meaning quickly, as in to play quickly. Allegra is the feminine equivalent.

I feel silly now; I didn't recognize it in a feminine form. I play two instruments, so I should know that. Thank you, though.  :)
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
Allegra is such a fun little girl. What a personality! Methinks this musician is going to be a handful. :)

It's nice to hear from Coralie again. I love her voice, her sense of perspective.

I do feel like Coralie ends up by the wayside fairly often, even though she is constantly cooking and child rearing and overall serving the family.  I need to bring her out more.

Good luck with the musical supermax! Allegra is adorable, and I'm sure she's quite a handful!
..... Somebody jut broke the fourth wall. ;) She will be a handful.

She does break the fourth wall with unsettling regularity!  She also loves spamming the baby monitor until someone comes to pay attention to her.  Her little personality is developing really well with very little input from the Watcher.

The ability to turn into a doll is the only marker of if a sim is an IF or not.

It's really nice to see Coralie get another word in. I'm awful with preserving relationships between household members, so it's great to see you do it.

I am a teensy bit disappointed that either the IF genes nor Eden's witch ones got passed down, but I'll live.  Only reinforces how much I want to do a Life States dynasty next ;)

It's nice to hear from Coralie again; it's been such a long time! Little Allegra is quite demanding, but nevertheless charming. A social butterfly, you say? Well, I guess if she's to be a musician she'll need those adoring fans cheering her on!

Absolutely.  I am wondering if playing in the park will give her the attention moodlets.  It'll be an interesting experiment.

What I usually do is set up an end table with three things to convert and chain them together, before letting them go to town and focusing on other sims, while also keeping an eye on the witch. Whatever ends up un-useful (generally things that are nothing ex IF cookies and insects unless they're rare) I leave before I add new apples (the conjuring apples gives you ready-made items to play with) and chain the four conversion rituals again. In the end, I end up with things that I want more such as gems, fishes, and metals sometimes, and not things I don't want^^

This is what I've started doing.  I dumped a bunch of gems and metals and harvestables that I'm never going to use on the floor of the greenhouse and I just let Eden go at them.  No pink diamonds yet, but I don't devote too much of her time to it at present since Eunice is still around.

Woah! I picked the story up at "Absolute Zero" and finally caught up. It left me breathless.
I very much admire you for the depth and emotion you bring to this story. Excellent writing! :)

So glad to hear from you again!  How are you liking your expansion packs?

I feel silly now; I didn't recognize it in a feminine form. I play two instruments, so I should know that. Thank you, though.  :)

Not silly at all!  Allegra's name is probably the least obvious of the Classics so far.  I was originally going to name her Lyric, but the two hard c-sounds with her full name sounded awful when I said it out loud, so I switched to Allegra.  I think it suits her :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Maid of the Mist
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »
I don't much like thinking about things that are not permanent.  Well, about people that aren't permanent.  I don't mean just the obvious stuff, like the fact that one day, my Eunice will go where Prince Freddie went.  I try not to think about that at all.

It's not just her.  It's other stuff too.  Like my little grandbaby, and how soon she'll be bigger, and that sweet, squealing, mischievous toddler girl will be as vanished as this morning's mist. 

The smallest comfort can come on occasion when I see the two of them together.  I watch has hard as my eyes will let me and try to burn the image into my brains to last forever and ever and ever.

It's no secret that the two are attached to each other.  Eunice is the first person Allegra wants when she wakes up.

I've asked her if she wouldn't rather accomplish her lifetime wish.  She is nearly 94 now.  She says happiness points seem so frivolous next to tickling her granddaughter.

I hear them giggling together and I can't help but agree.

Eunice is keenly aware of her impermanence.  She is the one who sent Mona Lisa out all winter to save that old paparazzi lady from freezing to death.  Fat lot of good it did in the end.

Grim stuck around like he usually does and played a round of pool with himself.  Maybe I'd hate him a little less if he weren't so anti-social.

I want him out of the house.  I don't want to think about him coming for Eunice.  Or any of our other dear, mortal household members.

Mona Lisa tells me to take it easy, but death seems evil and evil isn't supposed to win.  Mona Lisa says to focus on the real evils of the world, like fleas and clogged toilets, and to stop being all worked up.

So I do as she says.  I fix the toilets and sinks and whatevers with my magic and I don't bring up what she DOESN'T say.  Which is that they've all lost their loves, and why should I be any different at all?

And she's right.  There's no need for me to poo-poo all over everyone's happy day to day life.  I watch my little Allegra play blocks with Turtle Greg sometimes and it calms my worries. 

For now, at least, I can reach out and cuddle with Eunice every night.  And my pillows and hairbrushes and closet all smell like Eunice and she's here and solid and real and everything is OKAY.  For now, Allegra is still small enough to pick up, to snuggle, to tickle.  For now, everything is permanent, right?

Sometimes I go to the performance park with my son-in-law to get away from it all.  I enjoy watching him perform.  He's almost as attractive as Freddie when he wears that costume.

The knife tossing is awfully brave, don't you think?

I think Eureka did well.  Very well indeed.  And I think he did well too.  They seem very happy together, and all of us old ladies enjoy watching the young man do his daily exercises.

The morning of Allegra's birthday came and I believe I'd come to terms with her getting bigger.  As always, she woke and called out for Nini.

They waited patiently for us at the cake while all the old fogies in the house ambled to the kitchen.

I could see the excitement on baby Allegra's face.  I could feel the pleasure coming off of my wife that she'd see her granddaughter become a child.  Suddenly, I couldn't hold onto my wish to freeze time any more.  This is the way the world works.

So when it came time to blow out the candles, I cheered and I even elbowed Granny until she cheered too.

I glanced at my daughter and her husband, young and strong and living in the moment and I felt really happy.  Really very happy.

And I thought, maybe that's what makes those sparkles.  Maybe they are made of happiness.  Even the last ones.  Nothing sad ever shimmered like that.

Allegra stretched and grew and was a toddler no more, but a pretty child who looked so much like those we've lost in this house.  Those we've loved.

"Nini," she said to Eunice.  "Will you help me pick out clothes?" 

"Naturally, baby," she said, and they clasped hands and ran to the bedroom, Allegra chattering about wanting to look colorful and unique. 

"I want everyone to see me and think WOW!" she said.  That's our Allegra.

They've been at it for hours.  Rosetta shouted, "you're going to crash if you take much longer!" but they still haven't come out.  The one thing they've decided on is her hair, so I'm allowed to show that to you. 

And as soon as they're done, I'll be stealing my wife away for a midnight date. 

I must make the best of the time I have, before it scatters into mist, like all time does.

anything