Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290881 times)

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Birth of Venus
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
Great update. Rosetta is one of the cutest Toddlers I've seen in a while. Neurotic is one of my favorite traits for a sim, so i look forward to how she develops with it.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Birth of Venus
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
OH my word...she has to be one of the most ridiculously cute toddlers I've ever seen!

I'll never understand the random hair colors...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Astronomer
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the compliments on Rosetta.  She is pretty darned adorable.

------

"Kid really likes baths," Daddy was saying.  "Like, wants them every three seconds.  I think she might be a bit ... obsessed.  With hygiene, I mean."

"Well, there are worse things to be obsessed with Daddy."

"Good thing your mother likes doing it so much."

Baths weren't the only thing my little girl seems to have enthusiasm for.  Her little brain is so hungry for information that she's constantly either at the peg box or begging for a story.  The peg box, when it gets the best of her, brings on the cutest frustration tantrums.

Look at that pout!  Good thing Grandpa Ed was around to help her out.  She maxed it in one sitting.

Mom, being a bookworm, loves doing the stories with her.  They've worked through about seven toddler books so far, already.

A little toddler running around, as well as seven adults really has put a strain on our little cottage, though.  We decided to jump headfirst into the rebuild before Rosetta ages up - insane as that may sound.  Daddy tucked her in last night and said, "Sleep tight, Rosebud.  Tomorrow we get a brand new house!"

"House, grampa," she said, then immediately passed out into a blissful slumber.

We had to tear out Carlotta's greenhouse, which means her remaining plants were lost.  There weren't that many left, but there was still a good deal of guilt about it.  On our last day in the house, both Ophelia and I aged up.  No midlife crises, thank goodness.

No matter, if this house ever gives birth to a gardener, she will have the most famous greenhouse in Monte Vista at her fingertips - we've created an all weather solution by putting one smack in the middle of our home in place of a courtyard.  Eventually a pool and rec area will go in there, but if someone wants to start another garden, it is ready for them.

Anyway, the build is done.  Take a look at this beast.

Right now only the ground floor is furnished and painted.  And, even that isn't done very well.  We were so exhausted by the rebuild and design that we just threw up what was necessary so we could pass out.

"Rosebud, do you want to see your new nursery?" Daddy asked, scooping her up.

"Bath, grandpa."

"Again with the bath?"

"Clean, grandpa.  Bath."

"Yes, yes, I hear you, kid."

"Better?"

"Now book."

"Rosebud, I'm sleepy."

"Grandpa, we learn.  Book."

"I used to be a strong man, you know."

The basement has been put in and we're in the process of moving the museum down there.  Here's my area.

Notice my art ribbon.  I've supermaxed painting and hit level 10 of the painter career!  Not bad for someone who isn't yet an elder!  Now I'm going to play with sculpting, I think.  Daddy should be able to tutor me.

Our first morning in the new house was Rosetta's birthday. 

"Granny, I want to be a fairy," she said.

"You'll be a child, Rosebud.  That's just as good."

"No wings?"

"We'll make you some."

"Okay, granny."

We cheered and carried on while she sparkled.

Perhaps due to that little fairy exchange prior to the cake, she aged up a Supernatural Fan.  Perhaps fascination with the Other is a symptom of her genius.  All those books, however, did a bit of a number on her eyes, so we had to get her glasses.  She's still an adorable little thing.

For the first room that got any effort in this house, we renovated the nursery into a child genius's bedroom.  We'd only intended to get her the chemistry set and maybe a chess table, but she begged and begged for an alchemy station too.  She can't use it until she's a teen, but what harm could it do?

She seems particularly attached to her new telescope.  She tells me that it makes her feel like she's floating through the universe, meeting the stars and shaking their fiery hands.

She is a remarkable child.  Unfortunately her first day as one came with a fair share of drama.  First her Daddy aged up with a hilariously bad afro.

Aw, Goop.  You're old now.  He looked better after a trip to the stylist.

Daddy and I worked on getting her museum pieces set up and got her room started downstairs.  Mom's room was set up as well.

But, then Grim paid us a visit.  Which is strange, because no one saw him.  Ed just stood up, ghosted, and left.  No interaction with the reaper at all.  It seemed peaceful.

He was 104.  Goopy had an idea to devote some of the basement space as a mausoleum to his parents, so that's just what we did.  Carlotta's remains had been kept in the green house prior to the rebuild and she'd never once come to visit us.  Perhaps she'd be happier here.

When Goopy and I were setting it up, he began to chuckle, spotting that small photo there on the right.  I took it down and got a good look at it.  It's funny, I can barely remember taking it, but oh how sweet the memory was.  A quick, carefree break from immortal responsibilities.  Our parents dancing and skating and having fun.

I imagine Carlotta liked the dedication.  The night her husband died was also the first night her spirit made an appearance.  She spent most of the evening wandering through the museum rooms, but she spent the most time in Mom's.  I think she misses her.  I've decided that I'm going to put some rocking chairs down there, just in case she visits again.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Astronomer
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:49 AM »
Ah, so beautiful. Rosetta is gorgeous! Such a little cutie! I like how she is Neurotic and a Supernatural Fan, it's different from most Geniuses.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 07:45:53 AM »
I love it that your little astronomer feels like she's "floating through the universe." The new house looks great!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
Wow! This is really good! I'm impressed by Mona's progress. And this is a beautiful story. I guess one of grandma's parents had blonde hair!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

SimBlip

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
That is a most impressive and original house.
It must be a relief to store all the museum pieces safely and permanently from now on.
Great update! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
Awesome story, kept me engaged.
I think all the children looked really cute(Goopy, when he was a child, most of them!)
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
Ah, so beautiful. Rosetta is gorgeous! Such a little cutie! I like how she is Neurotic and a Supernatural Fan, it's different from most Geniuses.

I thought they both fit :)  She's really fun to play.

I love it that your little astronomer feels like she's "floating through the universe." The new house looks great!

Thank you!  I spent way more time on it than a sane person would.  Eventually I'll do some landscaping too.  I'm just pleased that I finally built a house that doesn't look like a shoebox.

That is a most impressive and original house.
It must be a relief to store all the museum pieces safely and permanently from now on.
Great update! :)

It definitely is, but now I have VERY active ghosts.  I don't even have a staircase down there, but they still manage to eat all the food and mess with my living Sims pretty much nightly.

Wow! This is really good! I'm impressed by Mona's progress. And this is a beautiful story. I guess one of grandma's parents had blonde hair!

Who knows!  I was under the impression none of the grandparents HAD parents programmed in, since they're all starter Sims.

Awesome story, kept me engaged.
I think all the children looked really cute(Goopy, when he was a child, most of them!)

Thanks!  Glad to know I have another reader.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Just read through the entire story and I think it is fantastic, can't wait to read more :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Rosetta Stone
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »
I was sad when Grandpa Ed died, but I didn't cry.  Grandpa Camillo says that like most geniuses, I am just a little stone hearted, and that's perfectly okay.  He calls me Rosetta Stone sometimes, when he's not calling me Rosebud.  He and I have spent almost every day of my childhood together, because the snow in Monte Vista is so bad this year that I haven't even had one day of school!

That's okay, though.  Kids are dumb.  I like grown ups better.

I still have an A, though.  He tutors me.  We're in the bathroom as a joke, because he thinks I need to stay close to the bathtub. 

Thing is, I actually do like to be close to the bathtub, just in case, but lately I've been trying to figure out the perfect number of times to wash my hands before bed.  I'm between three and four.  Sometimes Grandpa Camillo will take me to the bistro and then to the library for tutoring, and I like that a lot.  I get to wear the pretty wings Granny made for me.

I think if Grandpa Camillo ever dies, I will cry.  He's the best.  "She's dealing with the loss in her own way, Pea," he said to Mom, when she thought I was being weird and solemn.

It's not really a loss, though, when you can still hang out with the person.  I mean, is it?

Once I had my A, I had to find other ways to pass the time, huddled inside during the snow.  I started to learn chess.  I'm very good at it.  I like how it makes my brain feel tingly.

Ophelia and Emmett decided they wanted to have a baby.  She got pregnant pretty fast.  I hope it's a girl.

I got to see the museum finally.  It's pretty cool.  I especially love Mom's adult portrait.  Isn't she pretty?

Granny killed time in the snow by learning to cook.  She said she'd make us a feast on Snowflake Day.

It turns out, though, that when we moved, our food replicator forgot how to make her ambrosia!  That's scary, so she's trying to learn how to fish super fast so she can go get the ingredients and have Ophelia make more in time to stop her from dying ... which would ruin the whole dynasty!

Ophelia is pretty distracted right now, but I think she'll be able to make it when the time comes.

The snow was really bad when Snowflake Day did come, BUT it was the best Snowflake Day in the history of days. 

Granny, Mom, and I decided that instead of throwing a party and dragging everyone from their warm houses, that we'd celebrate another way.  Originally, we wanted to adopt a kitten, but we fell right in love with a little pug from the shelter website.

I said we should name him something that matches all three of our skills - logic, art, and writing.  Mommy suggested Sherlock.  He's a genius dog, so it's perfect!  Even if being a genius doesn't stop him from falling over when he tries to run.

He's sooooo cute. 

The shelter said he only had one trait, which was genius, but he's such a good boy.  He even went outside to pee, in a blizzard, without anyone telling him to.

It was adorable.

He likes to chew toys too instead of ruining furniture.  Granny is fond of that trait and praises him for it a lot.

Oh!  But back to Snowflake Day.  So, Emmett died.

He went out to eat jelly beans off of the new bush that Daddy picked out and just immediately fell over dead.  It was the first jelly bean ever consumed in our simsverse, and it would just so happen that he got the poison one.  That was when he found out he was unlucky.  Grim told him that he was amusing and brought him back to life! 

Oh, Grim was so cool.  All supes are cool, but Grim was the coolest, even if he made fun of Uncle Emmett.  I made a Grim snow man the next day from memory!

Anyway, Emmett had to run back in the house because he was about to be attacked by zombies.  He really does have bad luck!  Ophelia didn't even know her husband had just died and come back to life.  She was too busy dreaming about cutie Sherlock.

Granny made me go to sleep, even though I was all excited about Grim.  I dreamed of finding fossils and examining them.

Well, no one stayed asleep for long that night. 

Boy, she was loud!  "Mona LISSSA!" she screamed.  "It's time!  I'm in super sexy labor over here.  Come look at how attractive it makes me!  I'm having a baby, baby!"

Ophelia's kind of weird.  Anyway, then Mom shouted, "I'm coming, I'm coming!" and I heard a bunch of knocking around while she put her clothes on.

Ophelia stopped making strange jokes and started laboring again.  She kind of sounded like a cow.  Don't tell her I said that.

Mom and Aunt Ophelia took the motive car to the hospital.  Uncle Emmett, having just died two hours ago, decided to hang back.

Anyway, after a long time, they finally came home.  And they brought a little blue slug with them.  His name is Freddie.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Rosetta Stone
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
Emmett probably gave you a shock with that, didn't he? Thank goodness for unluckiness.

Oh, and welcome Freddie. :D

SimBlip

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2013, 03:09:20 PM »
I vote this chapter the most shocking and the funniest so far!
Oh, and I love Rosebud's Voice. It's a whole new experience to see the world through her eyes.  ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2013, 04:33:44 PM »
That must have been unnerving to see Emmett die like that, even if he came back to life. The Unlucky trait is far from useless. :)

Rosetta has a fun way with words. Blue slug? That was funny. I imagine, though, that she will come to feel differently when the blue slug is older.

Welcome to Freddie!

(and my mind instantly thinks of Freddie Mercury...)

Anyhow, excellent chapter! It's going to be a lot of fun hearing more from Rosetta!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »

Aw, Sherlock is too cute! Haha, buried under the snow doing his business! Rosetta and her glasses is also adorable.

I hope you get your ambrosia re-made in time; it was quite unfortunate that your replicator forgot it.