Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290819 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Rosetta Stone
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »
Emmett probably gave you a shock with that, didn't he? Thank goodness for unluckiness.

Oh, and welcome Freddie. :D

I was incredibly surprised!  I must have been so shocked by his klepto trait that I completely overlooked unlucky.  I was pretty relieved when Grim spared him.

I vote this chapter the most shocking and the funniest so far!
Oh, and I love Rosebud's Voice. It's a whole new experience to see the world through her eyes.  ;D

Glad you're enjoying her!  She's been really fun to play so far.

That must have been unnerving to see Emmett die like that, even if he came back to life. The Unlucky trait is far from useless. :)

Rosetta has a fun way with words. Blue slug? That was funny. I imagine, though, that she will come to feel differently when the blue slug is older.

Welcome to Freddie!

(and my mind instantly thinks of Freddie Mercury...)

Anyhow, excellent chapter! It's going to be a lot of fun hearing more from Rosetta!

Perhaps this is something I shouldn't admit, but I named him after Drop Dead Fred ... since his mom is an imaginary friend and all :/ 

Aw, Sherlock is too cute! Haha, buried under the snow doing his business! Rosetta and her glasses is also adorable.

I hope you get your ambrosia re-made in time; it was quite unfortunate that your replicator forgot it.

I had so many squishy feelings when he disappeared and there was just a potty thought bubble.  He really is the cutest thing.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »
Who's Drop Dead Fred? And I love the cute little puggy! I have three of them in real life.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
Who's Drop Dead Fred? And I love the cute little puggy! I have three of them in real life.

It's a film from the 80s/90s about an imaginary friend a girl has throughout her life.  I haven't seen it since I was just a kid, but it was the first thing that came to mind!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Newton's Third Law of Motion
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
I never did make it to elementary school.  The snow persisted and I managed to flourish under Grandpa Camillo's tutoring and my own personal quest for knowledge.

I've named three stars so far.  Freddie Star, Coralie Star, and Sherlock Star.  I'm intelligent, not creative.  All the same, I went to my birthday cake confident that I wouldn't be saddled with some horrible trait, regardless of the fact that I never once went to school.

Well, it's only half horrible.  It turns out I'm a hopeless romantic.  Very illogical for a genius, but I suppose that's the crux of it.  Romance has nothing to do with logic.  I aged up okay looking, I guess.  I hate my puffy bottom lip and I hate how Gran goes on and on about what a looker I am.

As a child, I grew pretty fond of the slug they call Freddie.  He makes the sweetest noises and gurgles.  But, I liked him much better the day after my birthday, once he aged up to a toddler. 

Now he could learn words and play.  And oh, wasn't he just the cutest thing you've ever seen?

He's all smiles through his lessons.

His traits are easily impressed and friendly, which just makes him a joy to be around.

He even giggles through potty lessons.

I found out on my birthday that prom was coming up on my second day ever of high school.  Well, considering I knew absolutely no one my age, you can imagine how scary this was for me. 

"You want to be my date, little man?" I asked.

"Nooo, 'Etta tickles!" he squealed.

Well, you can imagine how nervous I was the night before school started.  Down the hall I could hear everyone going on as normal.  Gran and Grandpa were cuddling in the hot tub.

Mom was updating my portion of the museum downstairs.

And Freddie was getting his bedtime story.

I was calming myself in the only sensible fashion.  By testing out a new theory I'd amassed on the fission of nutrients and thermal components to create a faux ghost state.  It did soothe my frayed nerves, though I didn't have a chance to test it before bed.

The next morning, I played with Sherlock while I waited for the bus.  I knew he wouldn't be a puppy anymore by the time I got home. 

The bus was totally empty.  It was just me and the dread in my stomach for the drive to the Scuola. 

The day absolutely flew by.  I met two people.  A girl werewolf, (isn't that cool?!) and a cute boy named Hiram.  Like the Macchu Picchu guy!  The were girl (whose name I forgot because I'm awful) said to be careful about Hiram because he's a notorious flirt, but after I did my homework and had my debate club meeting, I agreed to meet him at the spring festival.

Cute, isn't he?  Well, the long and short of it is that I have a prom date!  It's crazy, because I had ONE DAY to figure it out, and there you have it.  He's a babysitter, which isn't ideal for a long term mate, but it's just prom.  The love machine said our chemistry was only mild.  But, I beg to differ.

Across town, Gran was maxing her fishing skill.  A seriously impressive marathon to mastery.

I got home ahead of curfew and tucked in both Freddie and my Sherlock, who seemed to have discovered each other in the day!  (Sherlock isn't all that much bigger.  I'm pleased by that.)

And apparently, late into the night while we were all sleeping, Gran did what she needed to do to keep the dynasty alive.

Ophelia made her ambrosia the next day while I was at school, and all is right in Denmark again.

Getting dressed for prom was a stressful affair.  I wore contact lenses, which Mom huffed and puffed about, saying I didn't look any less beautiful with my glasses.  They took some getting used to.  I definitely will only use them for special occasions.

Hiram showed up bang on time, looking very dapper. "Everyone's going to be so jealous that you went with me," he said.  "They all wanted to know who you were."

Well, that's nice of him to say, but I think that's his flirty imagination attempting to weaken my fortitude.  I reminded myself all through the limo ride to be as proper as Gran, stay calm, and to attempt to not embarrass myself.

The night was just amazing.  I was, somehow, voted prom queen.  Honestly!  I have known these people for all of two days.  Hiram insists that it's because I'm so beautiful, but I think he just wanted more kisses.  He's officially my boyfriend now.

The night would've been some kind of perfect if it had just ended there, but back home, things were taking a much darker turn.

Gran is heartbroken, obviously.  Apparently his last words were about me.  "My granddaughter isn't home, please, just an hour or two so I can say goodbye."

But Death, apparently, waits for no one.

It got me thinking about physics.  About the bad and the good being like equal and opposite reactions.  Mom wasted no time adding my crown and prom photo to the museum, but in the same trip, she also had to add Grandpa's urn to Gran's room.  Equal and Opposite - all the good things, Freddie, the ambrosia, Sherlock, and school and then the universe pushes back, and takes my Grandpa.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Newton's Third Law of Motion
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
Note:

When Camillo died, the family (aside from stone hearted Rosetta) all had run-of-the-mill mourning bubbles.  Mona Lisa's is bizarre though.  Where's Camillo's face?  Is she mourning a dinner tray?  What is going on in this photo?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »
Coralie saves the dynasty! Darn that replicator for causing a panic.

Sad though, losing Camillo. I've never gotten over losing household sims. It's heartbreaking to see the reactions.

That is quite a philosophical way for Rosetta to think. The good and the bad, the romance and the heartbreak, all in a balance. She is a very wise girl for her age.

And Freddie is just adorable. :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
If Rosetta is mad when her grandma mentions what a looker she is . . . well, let's just say you should never give your sims access to the forum! She and Hiram are such a cute couple! He'd better not break her heart, or I will climb into your game with a shovel! And a chainsaw . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
 :'( Beautifully written, and very sad. Despite the logical treatment, or perhaps because of it, I did tear up a little bit. Yeah, I think Hiram is just a prom date. 'Etta should marry Freddie!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2013, 01:01:49 PM »

I was admiring this image, and then I noticed the reflection of the moon is all wrong.  Simsverse!  Be more like reality! 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Theory of Relativity
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:01 PM »
What makes us feel truly connected to another person?  Is it blood relation?  The sharing of genes and traits all amassing together to create a sense of true comfort and self when we hold them close after a sad event?

Or is it love that's been built over time?  A lifetime even to know exactly the thing to say or the time to offer to help someone along in recovery?

I don't suppose there's a concrete answer.  That bothers me.  There must be some way to piece it out one day, though I don't know that I'll try.  The logical part of me desperately wants to dissect it, while the romantic part just accepts and wants it to be.  I mean, surely there can't be an explanation for everything.  But all the same, surely there must be.

For example, why would a man repeatedly and literally burned by his love of jelly beans continue to tempt fate?

And why would my mother's daughter-dar go off right when I was about to have a perfect romantic moment?

"Etta, is that your mom?"

"Shh, no."

"Rosebud, I'm taking a photo!"

And she did.  I guess it's not awful.  I hung it in my room.  So I can reflect on the combination of embarrassment and giddiness I felt when it was taken.  I did get my revenge though.  I alerted Grandma, who has been beefing up her photography skill, when this happened.

"Stay still, Pea, I'm taking a picture!"

"For Watcher's sake, Mother!"

"Smile!"

Ha Comeuppance. .

That night, little Freddie aged up to a child while out on a walk with his Mommy.

He developed the animal lover trait.  He's developing into a right hippie.  Look at the clothes he picked out, for crying out loud!  It's so insensible.

"It's polyester, Rosetta.  I would never wear real buckskin."

"Okay."

"Really, though, the clans who wore the buckskin originally did so out of necessity, not cruelty."

"Okay."

"Do you want to see the dreamcatcher I made while you were at school?"

"... Okay."

Honestly, I was pretty worried about him fitting in at the scuola.  I mean, I never went to elementary school, but after I won prom queen, I came to realize what a dog-eat-dog environment school really is.  In addition for the constant competition for my incredibly flirtatious boyfriend, my intelligence and ambition is treated with derision.  When I won debate club president, someone wrote an editorial about my "sense of entitlement" in the school paper!

I'm not an emotional girl.  I realize, logically, that these other teens are being harsh and cruel because they are insecure and jealous.  I also know it is not necessarily personal.  Freddie, who hasn't a mean bone in his body and is often very concerned about the feelings of others will be fresh meat to those little monsters.

It went just as badly as you think.  That night, after we did our homework, I was hanging out with Hiram at Moonlit Stroll Park and telling him about Freddie coming home in tears.

"My sister's kids went to a hippie boarding school that would be perfect for the little guy," he said.  "I'll have her call you tomorrow if you think your family would go for it."

"Hmm," I said, running it through my head.

I had a sit down with Mom and Ophelia and explained the situation.  I promised I'd tutor him to an A before he even left (and NOT just because it's part of my supermax requirements)!  That night before bed, Ophelia asked Freddie if it sounded like something he'd like.  He got positively giddy with excitement.  She wrapped his little body in her arms, buried her face in his sweet-smelling hair, and told him to call her as often as possible.

We used the weekend for our tutoring.  After 12 hours of intensive lessons, Freddie was well ahead of his classmates.  I realized I quite liked this teaching thing.  I think I have a knack for it, though it did keep me from the final days of the spring festival with Hiram.

"Babe, you're blowing me off to hang out with another dude.  Should I be threatened?" he says with a grin.

"Should I be threatened that you won Spring King by dancing with every girl in sight?"

"Nah, none of 'em are you, and at least one of 'em was your Grandma.  But really, love.  You gonna marry that kid when he grows up?"

"Only if you think I'm capable of Oedipal attractions."

"Babe.  English."

"He turned himself blue eating the jellybeans that killed his father.  I don't think it'd work out between us."

Once the tutoring session was done, the enrollment was paid for, and the taxi scheduled, Freddie spent his last day in Monte Vista hanging out with his parents. 

When it came time to say goodbye, I confess I did feel a bit ... clogged.  In my sternum.  But I am truly hoping he will be happier with other strange, hippie children.  Because family is relative, right?  Freddie is like a brother or a nephew or a son.  He's mine and I'm his, but there will never be romance or a bloodline between us.  Just love.

I was stressed out at school all day that day.  Had I left the sink on?  Had Ophelia remembered to turn the stove off before she left for work?  Was Emmett eating jelly beans again?  I went a bit crazy at the chemistry station after school to calm myself down and managed to max it out.  Check out all those vials of Rosetta-created chemical goodness!

I still couldn't sleep though.  I went into Freddie's room and checked under his bed and around every corner, making sure he'd left nothing dangerous about.

"Worrying again, Rosebud?" I heard, and snapped around, but there was nothing there.  "Maybe a nice bath will sort you out."

"G...grandpa?" I called to the nothingness, and then there he was, floating through the wall.  "Oh Grandpa!" I said, a big smile spreading through my face.  "Tell me, what is it like to be a supernatural?  Do you have unfinished business?  What is floating like?  Oh, I miss you so much!"

He smiled.  "I only have an hour.  I just wanted to see you girls and make sure your Mom is ready for her elder birthday tomorrow."

"She's asleep, but Granny is feeding the dog.  You should be able to catch her before bed!

He floated out and the next thing I heard was, "Camillo!  Oh, Camillo!"

The birthday party was already starting by the time I woke up the next morning.  Have I ever mentioned Guillermo?  He asks me out sometimes, even though he's friends with Hiram.  That's him on the right.

He's nice looking, but what kind of friend can you be really to try to get your friend's girlfriend to go to pizza with you?  I'm so glad Hiram got to meet my family properly.  He did very well.

"This is going to be horrible," my mom mused, a small ironic smile on her face.  "Everyone ready?"

She was right.  It was extra bad.

Ophelia's wasn't nearly as strange.  Though her first words after sparkling were, "Ach!  I'm dowdy."

They both headed to the mirrors as fast as they could.

They are like sisters, my mom and Ophelia, but again, they aren't related at all.  It just proves my point.  Family's important, blood or not.  As though the universe knew what I was thinking, Ophelia's phone rang, and we could all hear a giddy Freddie on the other end.  "Happy Birthday, Mom!" he said.  "I love you, I love you, I love you."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Theory of Relativity
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »
What a fun and interesting read. I really love the looks of your sims, they are so expressive! Here's to hoping they get to keep their original features for generations to come. I'm looking forward to more reading.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
What a great update. I was sad to see Freddie go though. I like the connection between Rosetta and Hiram, and I think they're meant to be, even if he is a babysitter.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »
What a fun and interesting read. I really love the looks of your sims, they are so expressive! Here's to hoping they get to keep their original features for generations to come. I'm looking forward to more reading.

Hey, you're back!  I'm glad you like it!  I look forward to your comments :)

What a great update. I was sad to see Freddie go though. I like the connection between Rosetta and Hiram, and I think they're meant to be, even if he is a babysitter.

Freddie will be back when he's grown.  Who knows, if he picks up a green thumb and some gardening points at boarding school, maybe he can start making use of the Classic family's gigantic greenhouse!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:03 AM »

What a great couple of updates! I like that Freddie got his mom's hair color; it's very cute. I also like what you're doing with the museum--the extra photos, her potions, even teddy bears! It's nice that Rosetta gets her teen romance, but I'm personally rooting for Freddie. What with Ophelia and Mona's history, I think it would be quite fitting. He is quite a bit younger, and they are like family, so maybe it's a long shot. Still, Hiram and his, "Babe. English," doesn't seem quite right for her.

Also, a big "LOL" to Mona Lisa grieving with the dinner plate. The sim-verse is indeed strange at times.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2013, 02:42:09 AM »
It's nice that Rosetta gets her teen romance, but I'm personally rooting for Freddie. What with Ophelia and Mona's history, I think it would be quite fitting. He is quite a bit younger, and they are like family, so maybe it's a long shot.
As someone who's been in a position of, "is he better as my (in every sense but blood) brother or my boyfriend," if this is going for a more realistic turnout, they probably will stay as siblings/mother and son/aunt and nephew/whathaveyou. Even if for some reason they decided to go out in the future, the fact that they both saw one another as family will creep them out too much (you don't forget when you've considered someone your child/parent), and it'd end fairly quickly. Keep in mind though, this is just as I see it.

I personally like the change of pace, where it's a fierce, deep love between two unrelated characters of opposite genders, and it's not romantic. At least, that's how I'm reading it. It might have been meant to be read with a tone of regret, but at the time I read it and took it at face value, it really gave me a case of the warm fuzzies inside.

And as long as we're picking ships, I'm boarding Rosetta and The Friend to the Right Whose Name Escapes Me Guillermo. He must know that Mr. "Babe. English" cannot possibly understand or appreciate the full merit of a sweet, lovely, bespectacled teen genius, and that's why he keeps coming on to Rosetta, right? Right?!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

anything