Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291382 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Scream
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
My mother told me that when I became immortal, I'd be closer to the Watcher.  I wouldn't talk to Her - not yet anyway, not until we're done here.  But, after ambrosia, I'd see more.  Understand more.

Until then, I'm meant to just enjoy life.  My Rosetta brought me a zippy little Kespa back from France, so I've been having fun on that.

My mother says that she's only spoken to Her a handful of times, at the beginning and end of her last life, as a homeless bum (can you imagine?) and just before being dropped in Monte Vista with her new purpose.  She did however, have insight on the strange dreams I've been having.  She calls them "Crash Dreams."  Futures that almost were until forces outside of the Watcher's control reset them. 

Ideas of forces outside of the control of the Watcher are terrifying to me.  I try not to think of it much.  What if She didn't take Goopy away on purpose?  What if I'll never see him again?  What if Ophelia's next?  I spend as much time with her as possible.  And I don't tell her about the Crash Dreams.

In my dreams, Eden has aged up twice, under very different circumstances.  The first birthday was joyus and bright, right in the afternoon of the first day of fall (which is, as always, her young adult birthday).

The second was later in the day, and substantially more solemn.

As you can see in my granddaughter's thought bubble, Ophelia is dead in this dream.  She died in a poetic, tragic way the night prior to Eden's dream birthday.

In the dream, I saw it all.  I begged for her to be spared.  And I woke up screaming.

It was Eden that heard me, and flew down the stairs to offer me comfort.  She confessed to the occasional nightmare, though I know she isn't having Crash Dreams, at least not yet.  Not until ambrosia.  Suddenly it was two days before her birthday again.

"Eden, I am so proud of you," I managed.  "You are the granddaughter everyone wants and no one deserves."

"I love you too, Gran," she said, and hopped out the door to the school bus.  I followed her out and waved goodbye to her and to Eunice.  I think they were holding hands.  Eunice waved to me as well.  I really like that girl.

I meant what I said to Eden.  She is everything I wish I'd been as a teen.  Loving and calm and sweet.  She doesn't secretly envy her best friend.  She doesn't begrudge the older man she wants to marry of his affections for other women.  I'm sure you all remember what I was like at that age.  Ha, I'm surprised we all survived it.

For now, I'm glad to let Ophelia do the ice sculptures, though I am perfectly capable.  We just finished Rosetta's adult museum pieces together.  My daughter is so strangely beautiful, isn't she?  She's got nothing of me or Goop, but Eden looks just like the two of us, but with Hiram's facial structure.  Genes are a funny thing.

The weekend rolled around, and I admit I was worried that it would all be a dream again.  Hiram and Rosetta had their anniversary.

Rosetta served a delectable nectar she'd picked up in France just for the occasion.  Hiram claims they all taste the same to him, but this was really high quality stuff.

The full moon hit, causing problems for Rosetta's chess tournaments.

This werewoman's name is Sierra.  I see her at the library sometimes, destroying furniture.

Eden, ever the sweet girl, had big plans for the weekend.  She finished up her gardening, and then placed the beautiful horse ball she'd purchased for Moonglow with her gardening profits outside of the stable, for Moonglow to find when she woke.  She immediately loved it.

She spent the day with both Freddie and Eunice, as well as Freddie's vampire friend Silvia (who didn't last long before needing to retreat indoors).  First at Venice Beach.

Then at the festival, where she danced with Freddie while also keeping a close eye on the teen witch boy hitting on Eunice.

"Do you get jealous, Eden?" Freddie asked.

"I don't think so," Eden said.  "Eunice isn't my girlfriend or anything.  Besides, I can always turn someone into a frog if they make me mad."

Freddie laughed, but I'm not sure she was kidding.

I wonder sometimes what I'll do when Ophelia leaves me.  Part of me thinks I'll hang out with Mom a lot, but she's really pretty monopolized these days.

Sherlock aged up to an elder at home.  He looks exactly the same.  Not a gray fur patch in sight.  I'm going to do a big portrait of him for Mom's room as a Snowflake Day surprise.

Rosetta, meanwhile, is very near her requirements.  She has 10 more hours of skill tutoring to do and needs two more ranks of chess.  She has become dear friends with all of her chess opponents and has been tutoring them in charisma and logic.

When Sunday rolled around, I held my breath through almost all of it.  Rosetta and Eden talked about having a little party over breakfast. 

"Wow, Eden, you really seem to like those waffles.  You keep going 'Mmmmm.'  It's a little unseemly."

"Yes, Mom.  Waffles.  Yum."

She spent most of the day in the garden, but I think wrote Eunice a nice letter before the party.  We don't know how old Eunice is or when she's scheduled to age up, but Eden seems to hope it's soon.

When party time rolled around, it occurred to me for the very first time that Freddie is not only wholly aware of Eden's fantasy perception of him, but he loves it.  He road up to her on horseback, they had very drawn out eye contact, and then he kept a watchful eye on her as she blew out the candles. 

(Watcher's Note:  I wish I'd gotten the eye contact.  It was perfect, but alas my screenshot finger was not fast enough)

He seemed to anticipate her aging up.  Maybe her crush was not all that one sided after all.

Eunice joined some of us at a picnic table that Hiram had set out but she didn't seem to feel welcome now that Eden was an adult.  I imagine Eden's told her all about needing to produce an heir, and I imagine she now feels like it's time for her to exit our lives.  I would comfort her if I knew what to say.

Eden, however, had pulled Mom aside to have a private chat about her dynasty requirements.  I overheard some of it, though they were speaking in hushed voices.

"Yes, but what if I married a girl and still used a boy for babies?"

"Well, what boy would agree to that?"

"One who'd have two girlfriends?"

Ha.  Oh, how much effort it was to stifle my laughter.  I wish I could've seen Mom's face.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Scream
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
From Eden's second birthday attempt.  I much enjoyed Moonglow's confusion over this whole birthday thing.

"Eden.  Eden, you appear to be on fire."

"Hi.  Do we know each other?  Where's Eden?"

Also, Eden will have new hair and wardrobe, but she hadn't made it to the dresser yet.  Stay tuned :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
I just realized I haven't posted on this story yet! I love it so much, I love Eden. ;D

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: The Scream
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »
"Yes, but what if I married a girl and still used a boy for babies?"

"Well, what boy would agree to that?"

"One who'd have two girlfriends?"
This is quite an amsuing forshadowing. One more reason why I shouldn't be drinking soda and reading the fourum.... ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2013, 07:13:08 PM »
Now that would be an interesting romantic arrangement. I wonder if Freddie would agree to it.

So Ophie died and then the game crashed? Quite a...fortuitous crash then, I suppose. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
Now that would be an interesting romantic arrangement. I wonder if Freddie would agree to it.

So Ophie died and then the game crashed? Quite a...fortuitous crash then, I suppose. :)

The game crashed both times I tried to create new outfits for Eden following her birthday.  Ophelia will die any day now anyway (she's 106), and I thought the jelly bean bush was kind of a sweet way for her to go, considering Emmett.  But, I suppose it'll just be random old age death now.  I wanted to share anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »
I love this concept of Crash Dreams, and of Immortals being closer to the Watcher. I definitely think Freddie would agree to it, I think it suits him excellently well. I've never seen that approach in a Dynasty, it's a fascinating concept! I can't wait to see how it plays out! And I'm so glad you like my writing too :) I never tire of people saying that. :D

Freddie riding up on Moonglow was perfect. It is really poetic for Ophelia to die of jelly beans, and she would have a prettier ghost, but I'd rather keep her around as long as possible. Does Freddie really pop wishes to have babies with random people? I've only ever seen Family-Oriented people in committed relationships pop wishes like that. What are Freddie's traits? Okay sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm done now.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »
Oh, dear, Eden . . . at least she seems okay with Freddie having more girlfriends, as long as she can have him too! I cannot wait to see her as a Young Adult! As for you, Freddie--I'm watching you. One toe out of line, hurt Eden even a little, and I will climb into Tilia's game and kick your butt to Al Simhara! We'll see how you enjoy "practicing free love" with a mummy . . .
Sorry, Freddie, you know I love you. But Eden takes complete precedence.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »

Aw, Freddie riding up on horseback. I think it's sweet that he enjoys being the romanticized figure that Eden sees him as.

"Waffles. Yum." Haha! Freddie must really enjoy her attentions if he's deliberately walking around the house like that! I also love this because it makes me think of a fond family memory of my older cousin wanting to "go check out the salad bar" because there were cute boys there, while me and my other cousin (both of us much younger) took her at face value and followed her. While she was checking out the boys, we were actually looking at the salad bar! Haha! Our parents never let us forget it. "Oh yes, what a nice salad bar. They've got bacon bits and everything!" So, in my family, it's "checking out the salad bar" while here it's "waffles"! Okay, that was sort of random side story. I hope you don't mind. The point is, I love how detailed your characters are. They feel real enough to remind me of real life events.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2013, 10:39:58 PM »
Ooo, is she keeping eunice?

She's definitely going to try!

I just realized I haven't posted on this story yet! I love it so much, I love Eden. ;D

Awesome!  I love getting comments and knowing people are enjoying the story.  Hope to hear more from you :)

This is quite an amsuing forshadowing. One more reason why I shouldn't be drinking soda and reading the fourum.... ;D

Haha, Coralie was less amused.

I love this concept of Crash Dreams, and of Immortals being closer to the Watcher. I definitely think Freddie would agree to it, I think it suits him excellently well. I've never seen that approach in a Dynasty, it's a fascinating concept! I can't wait to see how it plays out! And I'm so glad you like my writing too :) I never tire of people saying that. :D

Freddie riding up on Moonglow was perfect. It is really poetic for Ophelia to die of jelly beans, and she would have a prettier ghost, but I'd rather keep her around as long as possible. Does Freddie really pop wishes to have babies with random people? I've only ever seen Family-Oriented people in committed relationships pop wishes like that. What are Freddie's traits? Okay sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm done now.

He pops wishes that would lead to babies, like best friends and then kissing, etc.  The rest is just creative license.  He is easily impressed, friendly, animal lover, eco-friendly, and family oriented. 

It sounds horrible to say I'm disappointed that Ophelia's death got re-set, because it's not like I want her gone, but it was such a perfect end for her.  Maybe the story will give me something even better (but I doubt it).

Oh, dear, Eden . . . at least she seems okay with Freddie having more girlfriends, as long as she can have him too! I cannot wait to see her as a Young Adult! As for you, Freddie--I'm watching you. One toe out of line, hurt Eden even a little, and I will climb into Tilia's game and kick your butt to Al Simhara! We'll see how you enjoy "practicing free love" with a mummy . . .
Sorry, Freddie, you know I love you. But Eden takes complete precedence.

I will pass the message to Freddie.  I don't think it would ever occur to him or Eden to ever cause anyone the slightest inconvenience.

Aw, Freddie riding up on horseback. I think it's sweet that he enjoys being the romanticized figure that Eden sees him as.

"Waffles. Yum." Haha! Freddie must really enjoy her attentions if he's deliberately walking around the house like that! I also love this because it makes me think of a fond family memory of my older cousin wanting to "go check out the salad bar" because there were cute boys there, while me and my other cousin (both of us much younger) took her at face value and followed her. While she was checking out the boys, we were actually looking at the salad bar! Haha! Our parents never let us forget it. "Oh yes, what a nice salad bar. They've got bacon bits and everything!" So, in my family, it's "checking out the salad bar" while here it's "waffles"! Okay, that was sort of random side story. I hope you don't mind. The point is, I love how detailed your characters are. They feel real enough to remind me of real life events.

Haha, that's a fantastic story!  Those boys will never know the havoc they caused.  This is my first time playing with a horse in the game, but Freddie recently got the option to "strike a heroic pose" while on Moonglow.  I found that hilariously story appropriate.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
Without further ado, my lords and ladies, I present for your approval, my young adult wardrobe!

Every Day:

Formal:

Sleepwear:

Swimwear:

And warm-bundled-up wear:

See?  I look all grown up!  It's so exciting!  And I keep thinking of all the grown up things I get to do now.  Like having a nooboo!

I know, I know what you're thinking.  "Jeez, Eden, you can't even put your toys away when you're done playing with them.  How are you gonna watch a nooboo?"

I've got some time to figure it out.  Besides, there's other logistics to figure out too. 

"Hi, Eden, I'm Freddie and I think it's OKAY for you to marry Eunice and also be my princess and have my babies and love us BOTH.  Also, you look very pretty today."

Dollhouse Freddie is so much less intimidating.  Real Freddie asks if I feel self conscious walking around the house in my nightgown.  I asked him if he felt self conscious walking around the house in his speedo undies.  The conversation ended there.

That was my first night all grown up.  I was really tired from doing my sparkles, so I went to sleep early.  Daddy stayed up late to flirt with the grandmas over a game of dominos.

He always says Gran is the most beautiful elder he's ever seen.  I don't know if he is just flirting or if he really means it, but it seems to mean a lot to Gran.

Freddie spent the night with Silvia.  She still won't let him woohoo.  She's a hard to get vampiress!

And Mom tried a new tactic to beat Sierra Werewolf Lady at chess:  have Moonglow hover uncomfortably near the table to distract the opponent.  it was successful.

Later Mom said, "Now Moonglow, when Bianca comes back, I want you to lower your head and give her wide, steady horsey eye-contact the whole time."

Moonglow just whinnied.

The next morning was my graduation!  I woke up feeling so happy and excited, but there was an awful surprise waiting for me.

Bye bye, Lancelot.  You were a wonderful birdie.  I wish I could've buried him in a garden, but the greenhouse has a stone floor.  Mom and I took him to the river and buried him there.  And then it was time to graduate! 

I didn't get any awards or graduate valedictorian.  That's okay.  Studying wasn't really my thing.  I aged up with the green thumb I wanted and Freddie seems to look at me a lot now, so that's really all a girl needs!

I still felt kind of bummed about Lancelot.  I also was sad that Eunice was still a teen.  She came over for dinner, but we're not allowed to flirt or kiss right now.  So, I went to sleep early.  I did hear her shout at Freddie, "A hamster?  Watcher's sake, do you know her at all, man?"

They might've been talking about me.

That night, Freddie spent the evening combing the meadows around the citadel, where he'd found Moonglow.  In the end, he stumbled onto this little miracle.

His name is Romeo, and he was waiting for me when I woke up the next day.  He makes me very happy.  A+ Sir Freddie.

Eunice finally aged up on Spooky Day.  I was so excited because I was gonna ask her if she wanted to be my Queen.  Or would she be King?  We'd all just be consorts together!  Anyway, she sounded like she really didn't want to come to the party, which made me sad, but she did come in the end.

Ophelia dressed up like a princess.

And Gran looked hotter than a lot of the younger women there in her skeleton punk-rock thing.

Freddie was a rocker too.  He looked delicious.

It was his birthday.  He aged up all bald and stuff.  He's back to normal now, but I wanted to show you because it's hilarious and yet still strangely attractive.

But today wasn't a day to swoon over Freddie.  I wanted to swoon over Eunice, but she was acting so weird!  I told her I had something important to ask and she stopped me!  I mean, how cute would that have been?  A mermaid proposing to a doctor?

"I have to show you something," she said.  "Something bad happened to me.  Meet me at the beach, I can't stand for your family to see."

She ran out the door.  I was pretty confused so I mounted my trusty steed and flew to the beach.

Anyway, I got to the park and had to fire blast some zombies with my wand to make it to the beachy area where I was supposed to meet Eunice.  Then I saw her.  And suddenly I understood what the problem was.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Hmmm, I have a prepared list of comments this time as opposed to shapeless rambling:
A) Wow, Eden is lovely! I don't know why your sims always look so fantastic with bun hairstyles, while mine . . . er . . . don't.
B) Let me guess--she's Childish? I love how she's acting out her romance with the dolls!
C) No, Lancelot! I don't particularly like Sim-birds, but you were . . . you were . . . you were Lancelot! The embodiment of all Eden's childish imagination!
D) Freddie is so sweet to find a bird for Eden! Now if only he would break it off with that no-good vampire and get together with Eden, like a real man . . .
E) Wow, Mona is a hot biker-thing-lady!
F) As Freden-shipping as I am, I was kind of looking forward to seeing how the whole Freddie-Eden-Eunice thing would work out! Poor Eunice will be so heartbroken when Eden has to break up with her . . .
G) All in all, fantastic update!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2013, 11:34:56 PM »
Hmmm, I have a prepared list of comments this time as opposed to shapeless rambling:
A) Wow, Eden is lovely! I don't know why your sims always look so fantastic with bun hairstyles, while mine . . . er . . . don't.
B) Let me guess--she's Childish? I love how she's acting out her romance with the dolls!
C) No, Lancelot! I don't particularly like Sim-birds, but you were . . . you were . . . you were Lancelot! The embodiment of all Eden's childish imagination!
D) Freddie is so sweet to find a bird for Eden! Now if only he would break it off with that no-good vampire and get together with Eden, like a real man . . .
E) Wow, Mona is a hot biker-thing-lady!
F) As Freden-shipping as I am, I was kind of looking forward to seeing how the whole Freddie-Eden-Eunice thing would work out! Poor Eunice will be so heartbroken when Eden has to break up with her . . .
G) All in all, fantastic update!

A) She looks just like Hiram without the coloring!  I wanted to put her in that Supernatural bangs style with the vines, but it looked AWFUL on her!  Which is a shame, because it usually looks really good on other Sims.
B) Ha, yes.  Childish as Childish can be.
C) Yeah, I was pretty sad when the notification came up.  I'm never going to find another bird that pretty.  I'm glad I got that picture of her with it as a child in the princess costume.  It's in her museum and it's probably my favorite Sim photograph I've ever managed.
D) The vampire is a really nice girl.  She has a cat.  And no patience for Freddie's flaky ways.  Seriously, she won't woohoo with him unless they're in a relationship it seems like.  Aaaand they're not.  I kind of did want Freddie to sow his wild oats once Eunice came along so that the heir could have some siblings that didn't live in the house.  Dunno if that'll work out now or not
E) Mona Lisa, in addition to being the most absurdly beautiful Sim I've ever played, even as an elder, looked unbelievable in that costume.  I was shocked that it was even an elder option.
F) You never know how it'll work out
G) Thanks!  I love the quick comments.  Makes me feel all validated :)

Louise56

« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:15 AM »
A lot happened in your story! All the updates are awesome. :) Poor Eunice, to become a werewolf!