Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074455 times)

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
  • Concerto No. 2 (3rd Movement) - F. Seitz
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #540 on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
ATTENTION:
I apologize to "Addieo" I forgot to mention that I based my house (pg. 53) largely on his house, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufxFXHPuS4s

sculptress

« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »
Here's the latest house I've been working on. Bare in mind that I created it before joining this forum so there is a significant amount of CC in it. In a few weeks I will be reinstalling a clean version of my games to the PC so as I can share with you all.

The house is designed as a holiday home or family villa. It boasts 3 spacious floors and several entertaining spaces including a deck and a gorgeous pool area. Excellent for a wild summer break with a few mates or a luxury family holiday.

View from across the street.

Ground level - Garage with laundry, guest bathroom, media room, office, kitchen and dining, lounge, deck and pool area

Second floor - Bedroom 1, 2 & 3 each with en suite, bar area and deck

Third floor - Master bedroom with walk-in robe and en suite, library area.

View of the pool area

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
Wow, that is a neat house!  I just fell in love.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2011, 01:20:18 AM »
danefaith - i love where you put that big fish tank. but i can't wrap my head around the checkerboard panel-thingy on the front of the house. Could you provide a shot of it from a different angle, or explain it to me?

sculptress - that pool area is lovely. the whole house looks very nice, but what are those dome things on the roof?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #544 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:14 AM »
In the post, Sculptress put that the house had a significant amount of CC.  I am assuming that is what it is.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #545 on: January 05, 2011, 02:30:42 AM »
I built it using the wall tool.  Just built a wall on the ground floor, stacked the wall panels that would become in the checker board on top of them, and then removed the first floor panels.

If you're inquiring why it's there, well... I wish I could explain it, but it honestly has no purpose, other than to be a whimsical art installation.   :D IDK, I feel it gussies up the front yard a bit.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

sculptress

« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2011, 03:14:49 AM »
Thanks for the nice feedback.

pallyndrome it is custom content, the glass 'dome' was orginally posted as a pool cover but i liked the idea of a clear/elevated roof so I used it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #547 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:04 AM »
danefaith - I couldn't understand completely what it was - was it part of the wall above the door, or hovering in front of it, I asked myself. But I think I understand now.

sculptress - I like the dome effect. Maybe in a cc-free version you could put a dome-shaped roof there instead? I think there's an option for that in roof shapes if I remember correctly.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:34 AM »
@sculptress:

We have a new image Gallery that you are welcome to use for images that you post on our Forum.  It works similar to Photobucket, but it's on the Carl's Sims 3 Guide server.  It's free and right now there is no limit to the number of images you can upload.  One big advantage to using the Gallery is that it will put full size images in your Forum posts rather than the thumbnails.  Click here for instructions and links.

And welcome to the Forum!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:11 AM »
Feeling like the neighborhood needed something to balance out the excess, I made a counterpart to the T.I. Estate, "The Modest Modernist."

"This modern marvel features and open floor plan and dual loft areas beckoning you onward and upward.  The rear tower and spacious sun room provide for a pleasant exterior design with a subtle bravado.  The Modest Modernist is a warm and welcome abode featuring multiple entertainment areas for numerous guests, asking the question: why should innovation be synonymous with exclusion?"

I made the place heavily sculptor/painter focussed.  There's plenty of art and sculptures around the house, and multiple easels.  There's a special alcove designed specifically for the sculpting station in the basement as well.

First floor: sun room, den w/ elevator to (b1), foyer, kitchen, billiards room w/ elevator to (f2).

Essentially all an open floor 'cept the billiards room, with lots of turns and curves and grooves and what have yous.

Second floor: sun room, loft living room, foyer, loft bedroom, bathroom, hallway w/ elevator to (f1).

Dual lofts, one with a nice, luxurious sitting area and the bedroom across the foyer, and an elongated bathroom.  The hallway features some more sculptures and art.

Basement: Sculptor's Alcove, craft's room, nectary with cellar, butler's and/or least favorite sim alcove, boiler room, laundry room.

The craft's room isn't much larger than I normally build them but it's decked out with a side bed for those all nighter art projects and a shower for those, uh... exploding art projects.  The sculptor's alcove is its own special niche with aesthetic lighting, a beautifully decorated moodlet and jams handy to produce the best works possible.

More shots in my gallery here: [x]

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2011, 06:27:40 AM »
I figured this might be the best place to post this.  I am not a big builder, but I so enjoy the houses that I have been able to download from members on the forum.  When I do build or remodel, I usually use the ideas I get from here.  I would like to say, that on the exchange, there is a blank world that I downloaded, now mind you, I don't just download from anyone, but this member on the sims 3 site has done some amazing things.  I have never started from scratch and possibilities are endless.  I have made my downtown area and my elite area and just wanted to let the members here know, I basically used houses that members on here have built.  The builder of this world has made it possible to put everything and anything in this town.  I took a break from my dynasty and started playing around with it.  If anyone is interested in downloading this town, just PM me and I can give you the name.  I do so appreciate all the wonderful talent that we have on this forum and I still have a couple of houses left to download for my new town.  It is very time consuming having to put lots, change to community, because in build mode, the buildings you put in, like schools, libraries, etc, do not have lot sizes, so you kind of have to estimate the size.  Enough rambling, just thought someone might be interested. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2011, 06:28:46 AM »
@danefaith:

Those are both gorgeous houses!  Do you build without third party CC all the time?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2011, 06:31:03 AM »
@danefaith:

Those are both gorgeous houses!  Do you build without third party CC all the time?

I agree, those houses are just absolutely awesome. No super duper awesome sauce!
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #553 on: January 08, 2011, 06:34:17 AM »
Where are my manners, I wanted to say originally, those houses are awesome and when they are available, I will download them.  I love big houses, just don't like to build them, lol.  Good job on those homes. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #554 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:36 AM »
@danefaith How do you even make your houses like that? My houses are not even as good those ones.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

anything