Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1066221 times)

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #555 on: January 08, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
Pam: I don't think I've used CC since Sims 1, lol.  Why squander on tons of new stuff when you can just find new uses for what you already have?

@Siwel: I really don't know.  If I had any specific habits, I have a sort of planning phase in which I drum up a few specific "idea bubbles" I want to execute.  When I started the TI. Estate, pretty much my driving factor was I wanted to build a ramada that was slightly wider and higher than the rest of the building.  The rest of the building shape was then geared towards articulating that idea bubble.  In the second my main focus was making the diagonal sun room.  I also was pretty set on "two lofts."  The rest was making it work.

And I pace myself.  I might work for an hour or two and then take a break, so I can return to it with a fresh perspective, or go in to tackle a very specific element. I remember very fondly, that I was once struck with an unnaturally strong desire to go in and focus completely on color coordinating all the doors in the house.  :D

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #556 on: January 08, 2011, 05:53:57 PM »
@Salty, I made a treat in this section - community lots - list, with sizes in SV, TB and BP, because I had a same problem with guessing the size of community lots:)

And as for the houses, they are all so beautiful that I'm really speechless. I regularly check this tread just to admire your work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #557 on: January 08, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Pam: I don't think I've used CC since Sims 1, lol.  Why squander on tons of new stuff when you can just find new uses for what you already have?

Very happy to hear that.  It will be awesome to have some of your work in our new Swap Shop.  I saw that you submitted some to Carl.  Thank you!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #558 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
My latest Construction that hasn't been finished:

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #559 on: January 10, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
here are some pictures of my newest house, it's a work in progress.

What'd you guys think?  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #560 on: January 10, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
I think that one thing needs to change that really stands out, having that tramploine and other objects out front, It either needs to go outback, inside or even in a a basement. Other than that it looks good!  ;)

Shenice93

« Reply #561 on: January 10, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »
Hmmm... I like the house, but I'm not a fan of all the stuff in the front. It looks disorganized in my opinion. Other than that I can't really make any full observations until the house is finished. From what I see I can assume you will be adding more color into the furniture and walls because that shuffle board table really sticks out like a sore thumb against all that white. I would either change the color of the table or add some color to the rest of the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #562 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
Consider making minor rotations to the sunflowers.  Every single one is facing the same direction, which creates an unrealistic atmosphere.  Minor turns creates variation and a sense of realism.  You can also free turn an item by holding the alt tab.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #563 on: January 11, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »

So, story behind this little shack is this is where my playability tester's live in between houses.  They use to be nestled away in an empty lot, but I thought they deserved a place of their own.  ;D

This one, however, is my current WIP.

Thoughts?  I like the exterior shape but I'm up and down about including the central gazebo... thing.  Lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #564 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »
Not so keen on the Gazebo thing, the shape is good!  :)

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #565 on: January 11, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »
Yup, axed it.  And very glad I did.  ;D

Shenice93

« Reply #566 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:31 PM »
I don't know how you did it danefaith, but that house looks a lot like my Great Uncle's in Florida before he passed. I used to spend a week there every summer. This brings back memories.

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #567 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:03 PM »

Hello everyone! My first post in this thread! And also, one of my first houses that I'm proud of. I'm still working on the interior of the house, although they're already living there - I'm still trying to figure out how to use the spaces. :)

Outside front (built in Twinbrook). I based it on a home design, and it's in Florida colors since we were on vacation when I started designing it.

Side yard view - fishing pond (with fish spawners), garden (with the fence), and martial arts pit (behind the palm tree) - this was a little to hide that the house is lopsided on the lot, but it's turned out really usefully.

The backyard, complete with pool and hot tub

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #568 on: January 12, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
I love the front photo of that house Amelia. And that fountain garden of yours is just lovely danefaith.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #569 on: January 12, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
The exterior is very shapely.  The building has good lines and the backyard makes very good use of space.

anything