Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323454 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Weight of the World
« Reply #870 on: May 23, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »
It's always nice to see Bear, the immortal watchdog, pop in again  :=)  He hearkens back to a time when the story was simpler and helps bridge that gap nicely.
I love your love for Bear. Someone has to appreciate the poor pup. Bear is... special. ::) ;D
He's always around causing mischief. He will be for a long while too. I love that dog.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #871 on: May 23, 2016, 12:46:22 AM »
I'm back! Yay! I love the chapters! Jupiter! Kaida is going to have to duct tape your mouth shut, isn't she Jupiter? (Kaida is Clarissa and Liam's daughter. I know this may confusing for some.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #872 on: May 23, 2016, 12:55:12 AM »
I'm back! Yay! I love the chapters! Jupiter! Kaida is going to have to duct tape your mouth shut, isn't she Jupiter? (Kaida is Clarissa and Liam's daughter. I know this may confusing for some.)
Poor Uncle Jupiter.
It's still good to see him again. I bet Uncle Jupiter will scare little Kaida the next time she sees him with all these fancy face markings.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #873 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »
I believe it was Eviter, sorry I've been AWOL for a while but the chapters I just read more than made up for that. I was shocked when Ezzie called the guy, Tragic, as I had kinda forgotten what he looked like, so my brain was all "no? Really? OMG that's so cool".

I have missed Evie and Jupiter, even though I fell deeply in love with Majnun and Anne (have we figured out a ship-name for them or does the tragedy preclude that?) I'd go with MajAnn. Anyway, totally derailed myself there.

I totally get Ed being the overprotective brother, it's all he's known after all. But still, once the idea of infidelity is out there, it's really hard to retract. But, Mary is smart enough to figure out Aleccas wouldn't do that. We just need him to wake the hell up and come home.

I know you've already decided to keep the tattoos, thought I'd give my two cents though: OMG Jupiter with tats is so freaking hot and that body *drool* it really is a nice visual reminder that he's grown and got more power and control.

Olivia looks even more beautiful each time we see her *sigh* as does Evie. I can't wait to see how the rest of this story plays out. Loving the lore. I've always been a mythology geek.

Keep it coming, Livvie! We want Moooooar!

Edit: pfft it'd take more than some tats and a super-charge to scare Kaida. She is her parents child after all!!

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:10 AM »
I believe it was Eviter, sorry I've been AWOL for a while but the chapters I just read more than made up for that. I was shocked when Ezzie called the guy, Tragic, as I had kinda forgotten what he looked like, so my brain was all "no? Really? OMG that's so cool".

I have missed Evie and Jupiter, even though I fell deeply in love with Majnun and Anne (have we figured out a ship-name for them or does the tragedy preclude that?) I'd go with MajAnn. Anyway, totally derailed myself there.

I totally get Ed being the overprotective brother, it's all he's known after all. But still, once the idea of infidelity is out there, it's really hard to retract. But, Mary is smart enough to figure out Aleccas wouldn't do that. We just need him to wake the hell up and come home.

I know you've already decided to keep the tattoos, thought I'd give my two cents though: OMG Jupiter with tats is so freaking hot and that body *drool* it really is a nice visual reminder that he's grown and got more power and control.

Olivia looks even more beautiful each time we see her *sigh* as does Evie. I can't wait to see how the rest of this story plays out. Loving the lore. I've always been a mythology geek.

Keep it coming, Livvie! We want Moooooar!

Edit: pfft it'd take more than some tats and a super-charge to scare Kaida. She is her parents child after all!!

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

@Magpie2012!
I've missed you! I was worried there for a minute! Phew I'm glad to see you back! Welcome back from whatever it was took you away!
Eviter? Sounds right to me.
@mpart sent me this picture and I thought of you, so I'm going to share it, because it reminds me of you (I cannot take credit though, as mpart did find it XD):

<3
MajAnn it is!
I figured you'd be hoping back on the Jupiter/Eveline train. ;)

I think you'll dislike this next chapter in terms of Alec... I think most people will...
I just want to say that he wrote that himself! He did that all by himself! I had NO hand in it... in fact I was worried I would have to figure something else out because I thought Alec would find some way to make it up to Mary... and yet... :-X

Jupiter is hot. I had to take half of the next screenies of him shirtless... for my health, of course. ;)
As something that looks so good MUST be good for your health.

I'm glad you're enjoying the lore, I was nervous about putting out such a lore-heavy chapter!

You want more? Here comes a two-parter!
Also, on Kaida? You're absolutely right.
She'll break out the duct-tape and show her idiot Uncle Jupiter how things are done. ;) XD Only AFTER making fun of him for moping over Eveline.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Woman Who Tames Monsters
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:13 AM »
The Woman Who Tames Monsters: Part One
Midnight Hollow: Present Day
Eveline sucked in a breath, her eyes wide. Her vision was still going in and out and she was dazed. She rested her forehead against the stranger as she struggled to reign in her breathing. Tears fell silently from her eyes. This stranger was so familiar. The world steadied in his arms, and Eveline was in shock.
Why now?

It was all she could think about. Why now of all times? The world was crumbling and Eveline was too. She was just getting used to him not being there and now…?
“Eveline! What’s wrong? Eveline?” The stranger had his voice. His touch. She could feel it as he steadied her, as his hands reached for her face.
She gave up. Her knees couldn’t sustain her weight. She wanted to sink to the ground and lay there until the world started making sense. There was too much. There wasn’t enough air. There wasn’t enough sanity.
She didn’t sink to the ground though, and all of her weight fell onto the stranger. “Eveline! Eveline!” His voice made her dizzy, and the tears kept falling from her eyes. She just wanted to lay down. She wanted to lay down because the world wouldn’t stop pulsing and she just wanted something stable. She needed something that wouldn’t fall apart at her touch.
This stranger held her standing though, and the pulses and lines of her vision were getting blurrier.
Eveline clutched her chest and began hyperventilating. “Please let me lay down.” She gasped. “Please! I can’t do this anymore. I can’t help anyone anymore. I can’t…”

The ground came out from underneath her and she was jolted into darkness as she was carried in his arms. Her breathing came out in gasps and sobs. She pressed her face into the stranger’s shoulder. She breathed him in and it made her clutch him tighter. Why did he leave her? Everything was falling apart then. Why did he run?
She was at prom again. He was the only stable thing she had. There was only darkness and him, just like now. Was she hallucinating? Would she wake up on the sidewalk tomorrow? She didn’t even care anymore. She could breathe again. For the first time in a week she could breathe. They were sitting now - the stranger and she. He was wrapped up around her. She could finally breathe again.
She still couldn’t bring herself to say his name. That would make him real. That would mean she would have to deal with why he chose now to come back. It would mean she would have to acknowledge that she was angry with him.
She didn’t want to be angry right now. She wanted the stability the stranger offered. She couldn’t trust Jupiter to not flee when things got rough, but she could trust this stranger. She needed to trust the stranger.

She cried into his shoulder and the world grew more steady. His hands were running up and down her back as they sat now, keeping her steady. A new feeling tugged at Eveline now: exhaustion. She clenched her fists. “I can’t handle anything anymore. I’m not strong enough.” She whispered in between sobs.
“You are strong enough, Eveline.” His voice echoed back to her. “I’m so sorry.” The stranger had such a gentle voice. It haunted her nightmares. Was she dreaming now? This was a nightmare she couldn’t wake up from. The tears had stopped falling but she was still sobbing.
“I’m not! I’m broken! I can’t do this anymore!” She pressed her forehead against his shoulder; her nails clutched at his jacket. “I can’t…”
His arms were tight around her, yet the tighter he held her the easier it was to breathe. She wanted him to be real so badly. She didn’t, and she did. She needed this more than anything.
“You don’t need to do anything right now.” His voice was sweet, and she wanted to believe him.
She sucked in a shaky breath, trying to steady herself - trying to believe him. She thought about her family and she fell apart again. She coughed and sobbed on the words. “Mom… Dad… Seema… Todd… Grandpa… The nightmares… I can’t… I can’t-”

It happened suddenly: his lips were pressed to hers. Eveline’s eyes instinctively opened wider at the touch. She needed to be angry with him. Why did she need to be angry with him, again? She couldn’t remember anymore. She melted into his familiar touch.
Her hand hesitantly moved upwards to touch his face. She moved slowly as they kissed, afraid he would vanish if she touched him that way. Her breathing calmed, and she forgot why she was upset. Her fingers traced his skin. It was him.
He pulled away gently and rested his forehead against hers in the way he had done many times before.
Her hand remained on his face. “Jupiter…” She whispered his name finally, her lower lip trembling.
“I’m so sorry.” His voice was low in return. “I’m so, so sorry, Eveline.”
Eveline’s mind was racing. She was too tired. She couldn’t think about it anymore. She adjusted herself against him, pressing herself to him. “Don’t leave me again.” It was all she could bear to whisper anymore.

Jupiter adjusted with her, letting her lay with him. “I won’t… I swear; I won’t.” His voice broke as he spoke and he swallowed. He would stay with her forever this time, no matter what it took.

Mary sat at the table in her brother’s house and sighed. What was she doing here? She should be at home with her daughter - with her husband.
She had called Alec seven times in the past hour alone. He hadn’t answered and now her phone sat eerily quiet. She drummed her fingers along the phone. It was at points like now that she wished she had his brothers’ phone numbers. Anything, really, just to get a hold of him. What if he was injured? He could be dead for all she knew.

She sighed and picked up the phone again, her fingers pressed the little green call button. It rang several times. She wasn’t sure why this time would be different. She was prepared to hang up at the start of his voicemail when a familiar, tired voice answered.
“What?”
Mary was stunned. “Alec?” She whispered.
She half expected his voice to change at the realization of who she was. “Yeah?” It didn’t. It was distant and cold.
“It’s me… Mary.” Her voice was tight, and she felt herself getting emotional. “Did you get any of my messages?” She had sent him several, including a few where she detailed that she was leaving. As dark as that sounds, she had hoped he would’ve called her the minute she sent it. She hoped he would’ve begged her to stay, promised to change... anything but silence. Yet silence was all she got - and now here he was, cold and distant.
“Yeah, yeah, some of them.You’ve sent so many, Mary, I haven’t had time to keep track.” Alec’s voice was low and gravelly.

A tear fell from Mary’s eyes. He really didn’t care. “Where are you? Where have you been?!”
Alec sighed, “I don’t need this right now, Mary. I really don’t.”
Mary nearly dropped her phone. “Are you joking?! This is how you treat me now? What is WRONG with you?! What if I were hurt… what if Eveline was hurt?!”
“You’re talking to me now, aren’t you?”
“What are you doing that’s so much more important than your family?”
Alec snapped, “What do you mean?! I am doing things for my family. I’m doing something that should’ve been done a long, long time ago! Don’t you dare go and spin this around on me Mary. What, you can’t handle me being gone from you for a few hours? Can’t you think of someone other than yourself?!”
Mary broke and started crying as she held the phone to her ear. Alec tried to soften then, but Mary couldn’t take it anymore.
“Mary, I’m-”

She hung up. He might not be dead, but Mary was pretty sure the husband she loved lived no longer.

Eveline slept soundly. It was the first night in a while where she didn’t dream at all, and it was peaceful. She shifted slowly as she began to wake, the smell of breakfast floating into her nose. She felt stiff.

She grumbled slightly as she adjusted her head and the surface below her moved.
Her eyes came open wide as she squealed and she tried to throw herself off of the surface she was on, but something held her in place firmly. Her magic hadn’t fully awoken with her yet, so she swung at the target below her quickly in an attempt to free herself.
“Eveline!” Jupiter opened his eyes and stared at her while she struggled against him. “It’s ok, it’s just me.”
It didn’t help much, and Eveline wiggled her way out of his grasp, falling onto the floor instead. He was down with her in an instant. “Are you alright?”
Eveline’s sight filled in, but she still stared at him in panic. “You’re here?! You’re really here? Last night…? That was real?” She put her head in her hands. “I thought I was hallucinating… I thought I had lost it…”

Jupiter chuckled, “yes, I’m real. You weren’t hallucinating.”
Eveline let out a breath.
“Is everything ok?” It was another familiar voice that came in from the kitchen. “I heard something fall!”
Eveline’s brow furrowed. “Uncle Jack?”
“Are you alright, Eveline?” Jack asked back warmly.
Eveline closed her eyes and shook her head, a breathy laugh came from her lips. “I’ve been better.”
Jupiter looked at her with concern. He reached out for her but she brushed his hand away. She cleared her throat and stood up.

“Can I ask why you two are here?” She paused and clarified: “in Midnight Hollow?”
Jack gave Jupiter a look and put down what he was holding.
Jupiter shifted and pursed his lips, “it’s a long story.”
Eveline was tempted to return to a few minutes ago, when she laid in his arms, but she couldn’t now. Now he was real. He ran away from her. He didn’t want to be with her. Why was he here? Her whole attitude soured. “Well, then we better start now.” She sat down in the armchair and looked forward.
Jack slowly came over and motioned for Jupiter to sit with him on the couch. “Jupiter and I were reunited in Bridgeport after…” Jack looked down. “After Miss Clarissa passed away.”
Eveline sat up, “what?! Clarissa is dead? When did this happen?!” She held up her hand to stop them from answering. “Why didn’t you call to let us know? Does my mom know? She’ll be heartbroken… even more than she already is.”

Jack shook his head, “Liam didn’t want to tell anyone yet. He was really struggling with it.”
Eveline put her head in her hands. “Is he ok?” She hadn’t even thought about Liam.
Jack frowned, “he’s taking it a day at a time. She had a daughter right before she passed, they named her Kaida after Liam’s mother.”
Eveline sat solemnly.
“Is Mary around? I want to tell her myself, if possible.” Jack asked quietly.
Eveline shook her head numbly. “She moved out last night.”
Jupiter looked at her with concern while Jack appeared more shocked, “what?” He shifted, “what about Alec, is he around?”
Eveline laughed coldly. “Don’t ask about my father.” She shook her head and stood.
Jack and Jupiter shared a concerned look at Eveline’s change in attitude. Jupiter tilted his head, “are you alone here?”
Eveline pressed her hands into the arms of the chair and pushed herself standing. “My best friend is staying with me after my boss knocked her up and left her high and dry. I’ve got a dragon, a deadly cowplant and an immortal dog. I’m hardly alone.” Her voice was bitter.

They were both quiet.
Eveline shook her head and paced across the living room, “you’ve both missed a lot. Let me fill you in.” She pursed her lips and straightened herself. “My father lost his mind upon entering this stupid town. He disappeared last week through a portal and hasn’t been heard from since. My mom is fed up with him and left - and who can blame her, my dad hasn’t said a nice word to her since she got here. My Uncle is getting divorced - or is he already divorced? I can’t remember.” She rubbed her forehead. She was smiling, but it was hollow and fake.
“That’s an awful lot to deal with.” Jack said sympathetically, hoping to diffuse her. “Have you been in contact with Majnun?”
Eveline laughed again, loud and harsh. She shook her head and turned away. “Last time I spoke to my grandfather was when he tortured me at the Swallow House.” She crossed her arms. “Turns out he’s the reason this town is so screwed up. Surprise!”
Jupiter stood up, “he tortured you?!” His fists were clenched.

Eveline didn’t turn their direction. Her voice was cold. “No more than you did when you left me.”
The phrase cut into Jupiter and Jack pulled him back down to the couch.
Eveline bit her cheek. “So… are you two just passing through the neighborhood and just dropping in to say hello?” Her tone returned to bitter.
“I needed to know you were safe.” Jupiter spoke quickly in response.
Eveline spun around and held her arms out in front of her. “Here I am. Safe and sound. How kind of you to worry for me.” Her words were knives cutting into Jupiter, and he took each one of them willingly. He would not fight her on this. He deserved every harsh word she had and more.
“Olivia is worried about your role with the serial killer.” Jack said levelly as he patted Jupiter on the shoulder gently.
Eveline felt rage bubbling inside of her. “OLIVIA!” She yelled.
I picked these two up after they arrived in Midnight Hollow and we had a chat, Eveline. Olivia responded levelly to her. I dropped them off here to check on you, that’s all.
Eveline scowled, “how thoughtful.”
I’m sorry, dear. There’s been a lot going on.
“You don’t say?” Eveline shook her head. “I wish we never moved.”
We’ll have to make the best of it.
“How’s my mom doing?”
She’s out of my range. I can only talk with you so long as you’re within my scope, which is unfortunately small in this town. She wanted to take you with her when she left, but she didn’t want you to be out of my area of protection.

Eveline frowned and looked to the floor. Jupiter stood up again, looking at her with sad eyes. “Eveline…”
She held up her hand. “Jack, can you give us a minute?”
Jack nodded, “absolutely. I’ll be right outside if you need anything.” He stood and gave Jupiter one last glance before leaving the two of them alone.
They stood in silence before Jupiter took a step forward. “Eveline… I-”
“Why?”
The word broke Jupiter. “I couldn’t stand to hurt you.” He whispered.
“A lot of good that did you.”
“Physically. Eveline. I couldn’t…” He breathed. He couldn’t make the words form. He ached so badly to just hold her again. He needed to make this right. He had hurt her so much, he knew he didn’t deserve a second chance, but he still wanted one anyways.
She shook her head. “Why come back?”

“Things are different now, Eveline…” He tried to take a step forward but Eveline stepped back. Images of Malice flashed before his eyes. He was stronger now. He was faster and more resilient. More importantly, he didn’t fear the monster taking control any longer. The monster was his beast. He controlled it, not the other way around.
“And I’m supposed to believe that?” She turned her gaze towards him, her face was cold. She clenched her fists. “You left me.” Her voice was breathy. “Things got bad and you ran away.” She pointed in his direction, but she might has well have shot him.
“I know, and I’m so-”
“Sorry?” Eveline cut him off. “What do I do with that, Jupiter?” She shrugged. “You told me you wouldn’t leave me. You PROMISED me!” She clutched herself then, her true anguish showing on her face briefly before her face hardened. “Your words are meaningless.” 

It was too much for him to bear - Jupiter sank to his knees, staring at her with watery eyes. “I know.” He whispered, defeat filling his voice. Her face was all he could see. The anguish. The pain. That was all his doing and it killed him.
Eveline frowned; she had seen this argument going down in so many different ways. She always thought he would’ve fought harder. She always pictured him imploring that he did the right thing somehow. Or perhaps blaming her for it, yet here he kneeled… just giving in. She didn’t really know how to respond to that. She wanted to be angry with him, yet she was having trouble with maintaining her anger. “What do you want me to do now? Take you back?”
Jupiter just continued to stare at her. “I want you to be happy, Eveline.” His voice was a whisper. “That’s all I’ve ever wanted for you.”
Eveline felt herself getting angrier. This wasn’t how she saw this going at all! Why did he have to be so perfect? Surely she had a right to be angry with him, didn’t she? She felt her resolve breaking. Was she just being petty? No. She couldn’t be. The way he gave in so quickly made her angrier. All that time he ran from her. “So that’s it?” She wanted him to get upset, to react, but he didn’t.
“I love you.” His voice was airy, but he meant it with his whole being. “I… I would ask for your permission to stay. Please?”
He loved her? How DARE he say that after all he’s put her through. Eveline was getting worked up, she opened her mouth to say something when she was interrupted.
“Uh, Eveline?”

Eveline jerked up, “Seema! Sorry, did we wake you?” Her rage cooled immediately.
“Not at all! Morning sickness did.” She shrugged. She eyed Jupiter’s form cautiously, but he continued to stare directly at Eveline. “Am I interrupting something?”
Eveline shook her head. “We... were just finishing up.” She paused and sighed. “Seema, this is Jupiter. Jupiter, this is my friend Seema.”
Seema’s mouth dropped open, “Jupiter… you mean… THAT Jupiter?! From Bridgeport? The one who left… you…?” Her voice trailed off as she pieced everything together. “Right…!” She answered her own question, in typical Seema-fashion. “Are you ok,Evie? Do you need me to stay?” She asked concerned, her eyes taking in Jupiter again.
“I’m fine. Let me finish up here and we’ll go pick up your stuff from Todd’s.” Eveline’s anger was gone now, and she just felt numb and exhausted.
“No rush! I’m not in any hurry to see him!” She clutched her stomach. “You know, I’ll just go out in the greenhouse for a bit... Yeah! I’ll do that. I’ll just head out and feed Ra while I’m at it. Do you keep your spare fish out there for him? Or did you switch his diet recently? I think switching his diet would probably be a good thing in the long run, as you don’t want him to get too used to one food or another, but I’m rambling now and I’m just going to go and let you… do you… and sort… stuff… out.” She leaned over to try to see Jupiter’s face, but he was firmly facing away, his eyes never left Eveline. “Love you, Evie!”
Seema waved to Eveline and disappeared back into Eveline’s room to head out for the greenhouse.

Eveline pinched the bridge of her nose. “I should get going. I need to feed Atris and get Seema’s stuff and get back on the hunt for my dad…” She breathed out harshly, but all of her anger was gone. Her shoulder’s slumped downwards with defeat. “Do you really want to stay here?”
“I do, if that is ok with you?” His voice was low and level. “And Jack too?” He added.
Eveline couldn’t bring herself to fight it - or to even ask how long he would be before he’d take off again, so she just nodded. “I’ll figure out how to make room for everyone…. Once I fix everyone else’s problems, that is.” Tears burned behind her eyes, but she would never let them come out like she had the previous night. She wouldn’t break down again. Especially not in front of him.
“Eveline...”
His voice drew her out of her thoughts and she shrugged. “What?”
“What can I do to help?” He was standing by her now, keeping a bit of distance between them in the same way he always did. It made her angry again. He always did that - even back in high school. He kept such a distance between them, claiming he was ‘dangerous.’ It infuriated her once again.
If he had gotten too close she would’ve been angry too, but that’s besides the point! She was angry with him. She was angry that he was so kind. She was angry that he wanted to help. She was angry that he was there. She was angry that he wasn’t there earlier. She was just angry and she had no idea how to handle the wave of emotions she felt.
“Do whatever you want to do.” She took a step back from him, her eyes narrow and watering. No. She would not cry. Not now. Not in front of him. She steeled herself.
He looked at her sadly and nodded. “Thank you for allowing us to stay with you. I promise we’ll do whatever we can to help you. Just say the word.”
Eveline nodded again, emotionless. “I’ll see you around.” She tipped her head in his direction and walked away.

It took all of her strength to not hug him again. She wanted to hug him so badly… but then there was the part of her that wanted to slap him. She wanted to slap him and hit him and scream at him. She was so angry and she loved him so much.
Why did she have to love him?

Alec nearly collapsed as he fell through the portal to the master suite of his house. He stared at the floor numbly, his eyes barely open. He had been somewhat successful in his ventures and gathered what he needed on his father. Rumor has it, his father was coming out of hiding. Alec would find a way to get back at him, even if he had to go to Malice and sell his soul to do it. His whole body ached and he just felt numb.

He was such an idiot, and he knew it. He shouldn’t have reacted that way to Mary. It had only been a few hours though and she had been blowing up his phone. He pinched the bridge of his nose and stumbled into the bedroom. The bed was made and cold, and Alec felt his heart sink a little. He had hoped to apologize for his quick words and get a few hours of sleep with her, but it was still a weekday, so she was probably at work already.
He could tell her about his mother when she got off. He smiled weakly. His mother would’ve loved her. His mother loved everyone. He debated just calling Mary to let her know he was home - it seemed like it would be the right thing to do, but he was too exhausted. He overexpended his magic. He was out the second his head hit the pillow.

What he wasn’t aware of, was that he was gone for more than just a few hours.
No, Alec had been gone for just over a week.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2016, 01:51:57 AM »
The Woman Who Tames Monsters: Part Two
Seema eyed the man in front of her with wide, slightly frightened eyes. She and Eveline had spent all day gathering her things from Todd’s place and now she sat at the table with a Vampire. He wasn’t at all what she expected. “I just… you have… you have some markings on your face, you know that right?” She pointed to her own face.

Jupiter’s lips twitched into a half smile, “yeah.” His voice was quiet. He was just a quiet man, it seemed.
Seema didn’t do quiet very well. “They’re a little frightening - not that I’m scared of you or anything, but… just… wow. Does Evie know about those tattoos? I don’t think she knows about them, because she would’ve mentioned them when she was talking about you.” She paused. “Not that she talks about you a lot or anything - I mean she kind of did, and does, but that’s besides the point and you’re not supposed to know that anyways!” She huffed and rested her head on her chin. “Point is, she only ever said you had blue hair and eyes and that she’s seen you before. I’m very certain she would’ve mentioned a tattoo, especially one so prominent. Did it hurt to get that done?”
“They’re kind of a new development.” He responded quietly as he looked at the table.
Seema tilted her head, “oh? Well that’s interesting. What do you mean by, ‘new development’ exactly? I’m fascinated by arcane things, and I’ve been trying to expand my knowledge on the other lifestates. Eveline told me that you touched a flame fruit once, is that true? Did it burn you? Those used to be used to kill Vampires, did you know? How often do you feed? Does it work like hunger? Were you born a vampire or did you change into one later? No wait, I know the answer to that one, don’t answer that.” She put her hands up and then her head tilted at him curiously.
Jupiter wasn’t even sure where to begin. Did she actually want him to answer the questions, or was she talking for the sake of talking? He opened his mouth to respond when a screeching sound caused him to jerk his head suddenly.

His hair was being yanked. “What?” He was being pulled to his feet. He peered up and a black dragon was yanking on his collar and hair, flapping furiously.
“Atris?” Seema looked at the dragon and giggled. “Where are you taking him, you goof?”
Jupiter was confused. Why was she talking to a dragon? Why was the dragon pulling him through Eveline’s room? He went mostly willingly, but the dragon itself was very strong. He was being tugged not only through Eveline’s room but out the back door and into a greenhouse. The dragon flew around him several times before making a beeline to the workstation, where Eveline stood, holding her hands above the station as it glowed. The light dimmed as she sensed them and stopped entirely. The dragon landed on her shoulders and rubbed himself against her and Eveline laughed her beautiful laughter.
How Jupiter had missed her laughter.
“Yes, Atris, you did a very good job. You found the blue haired man I asked you to indeed! Very well done.” She reached up and stroked his face with her fingers, not turning to face Jupiter. “You’re such a very strong dragon, aren’t you?” She cooed at him.
The dragon bounced from one of her shoulders to the other, nuzzling her as he went back and forth. It was making a noise that almost resembled purring.

Eveline held up a chunk of fish to the dragon who devoured it completely. “Now Atris, this is Jupiter, he’ll be staying with us. Say hello to him.” She said levelly, careful to not show any emotion as she spoke.
The dragon turned its head and tilted it towards him.
Hello, blue-haired one.
Jupiter jumped slightly at the voice in his head now. “Hello?” He said back nervously.
Mother was looking for the blue-haired one. Atris found the one with blue hair for mother. Atris made mother pleased, so Atris is pleased.
“I had sent him out looking for you the day after you left.” Eveline maintained an emotionless voice. “If you were wondering.”
Atris found him for mother. The dragon stood taller and shook out his wings. Now mother won’t be sad.
Jupiter felt a pain run through him. He would never forgive himself for hurting her as much as he did. He needed to fix this, somehow.

Eveline walked gracefully over to the giant cowplant that sat in the room and fed the rest of the fish to him. The cowplant pressed its nose to her belly and nibbled at her and she rubbed its head gently. Jupiter stood in awe of her, it was all he could ever do it seemed. She was the kind of woman that made everything around them seem dull in comparison.
“I see you’ve started your garden.” Jupiter noted quietly to her. “It’s beautiful.” She was more beautiful, but he kept that to himself. The last thing she wanted was him falling all over her.
Eveline nodded, still stroking the cowplant. “It keeps me busy.” She said back to him. There was a distance in her voice when she spoke to him. “This is Ra.” She scratched under the cowplant’s mouth and it rolled its head around for her.
Jupiter waved meekly. “Hello, Ra.”
Ra’s head jerked towards him and growled lowly. Eveline hushed him and he turned back around to rub against her again. “He doesn’t like many people. His last owners abandoned him by throwing him in the sewers.”
“That’s terrible.” Jupiter’s brow furrowed.
“I got him out and cleaned him up. Now he’s sticking with me, right, Ra?” She pressed a hand to his face and kissed his nose.
“You always were incredible.” He shook his head while he admired her. “You can bend even the most monstrous to your will.”
Eveline’s eyes narrowed, “are you implying Ra and Atris are monsters?” Her voice was defensive.
He shook his head slowly. “No, I didn’t mean them.”

She frowned, and looked down. Silence stretched between them for a moment before she spoke again. “I never thought you were a monster.” She paused before adding. “I still don’t.”
He smiled at her, “I’m a different sort of monster now, I guess.” His voice was softer.
Her face twisted with confusion. “What are you talking about?”
“Can you sense it?” He asked her quietly.
She turned her gaze towards him, her eyes narrowing as she focused. “You’re… you’ve got so much magical energy coming off of you. What happened? Are you still…?”
“Let’s just say I got bit by something that was exponentially more powerful than the last thing that bit me.” He shrugged. He was staring at her. He had been staring at her as much as he could since they met again. He still couldn’t get over how beautiful she was.
Eveline looked forward, wondering if she should sate her curiosity and ask him further or if she should let it drop. She frowned as she thought harder about it. “Are you ok?”
He felt himself warm at the comment. “I am now.”

Her cheeks started to turn pink and he grinned widely. There wasn’t a color more lovely in the world than the pink her cheeks turned. She looked away from him, sensing that he was probably staring at her. “I take it you’ve found rooms for yourself and Jack?”
“Yes, I have. Thank you.” He wanted to cross the distance between them. He hated being so far from her, but the last thing he ever wanted was to make her uncomfortable.
She nodded, and silence stretched between them again. Eveline was still looking away when she spoke again. “I’m going to give my mom a call. I’ll let her know… you’re here, and that Jack would like to speak with her in person soon. Is there anything else you would like me to relay to her?”
Jupiter shook his head, “nothing else that I’m aware of. Thank you for doing that.”
She nodded again, and Jupiter bowed slightly toward her. “I’ll be inside if you need me, being... steamrolled by your friend.”
Eveline found herself smiling despite her wanted to remain as emotionless as she could. Jupiter grinned again. Baby steps. He would do whatever it took.

Night had fallen, and with it came Eveline’s nightmares. Eveline jolted awake in her bed, clutching her chest. This nightmare had shaken her and she couldn’t seem to calm the anxious feeling she got. She trembled in her bed for a moment longer before she stood up, unable to sit still any longer. She wrapped her arms around herself and paced back and forth across her room. She swallowed hard and tried to stave off the horrible feelings that were creeping into her.

She wanted to see him. He was just right next door.
She clenched her jaw. What was she thinking? How could she trust him with her feelings again? He would just run away when she needed him most.
Would he though? She thought back on the night before: the way his voice broke. He was so calm in how he spoke with her. He never reacted to anything she said. It made her so angry, but why? Why was she angry with him? If he got angry back at her it would only solidify that they weren’t meant to be together, but instead…
Instead she had to face that she loved him with all of her heart and he loved her. He loved her but she didn’t want to trust him. No, she wanted to trust him, but she knew that it wasn’t a smart thing to do. She wanted to run to him, throw her arms around him and kiss him again. She wanted to dance with him like they used to do all the time. She wanted to talk about the future and have him make her laugh until her sides hurt.

She wanted to slap him too. She wanted him to hurt in the same way that he hurt her. She wanted him to roast for the pain and misery he caused her. She wanted him to feel the rejection and ache she felt when he would keep his distance; when he hesitated to call her his girlfriend. She clenched her fists and felt tears burning in her eyes. Why did he come back now? Why now? She was just starting to move forward with her life and then he showed up at her door and thinks everything is going to be ok again? Eveline grew bitter at the thought. She felt her anger rising to the point where she almost cried angry tears.
She took off for the door to her room. She needed to know why he came back.
She walked the few feet between her door and his. She could see him sitting on the floor in his room. What was he doing? She focused harder and realized he was meditating. She stood with her hand frozen a few inches from the door and she sighed, letting her hand drop to her side.
This was a bad idea. She sucked in a breath and started to walk away from the door, but the questions started to eat at her. Why did he leave? Why did he run away from her?
She turned around immediately, walking straight to the door and knocking before she could change her mind.

The door came open faster than she was prepared for and all the words left her suddenly.
“Is everything ok, Eveline?”
She thought about asking if she woke him, but that was ridiculous. They both knew he wasn’t asleep. She sucked in her cheeks and fidgeted. This was a horrible idea.
“Eveline?” Jupiter was staring at her, concern in his voice.
“Why did you run away?” It was a whisper. Why was her voice so weak? She needed to be stronger. She clenched her fists tighter. “Why… why did you run away from me?”
Jupiter stood stiffly across from her; she could feel his gaze on her and it made her self-conscious. She was just in her pyjamas. What was she thinking?
“Because I loved you…” His voice was equally soft and emotional. “Because I loved you and I couldn’t stand the thought of ever hurting you.”
Eveline bit her cheek hard. If he loved her so much then why did he want so much space between them? Perhaps he had actually wanted Elspeth after all, and not her. “Are you sure there wasn’t someone else?” Her voice was bitter and cold as ice.
Jupiter slightly recoiled at the idea, but his voice remained the same whisper he used to speak with before. “Of course not.” His voice held a twinge of hurt. “There’s only ever been you, Eveline. Only you. Always.”
Eveline felt tears prickling in her eyes. Why did he have to say that? It made her want to break, but she held her resolve. “You’re lying.” She said instinctively. She needed him to be lying. If he wanted someone else then she could have a logical reason to hate him.
“I’m not.” His voice was pleading and Eveline’s heart dropped. “I’m an idiot, and I’m sorry… but I’m not a liar, Eveline.”

He was being honest. He wasn’t a liar. He broke his promises, but that was the closest he came to lying, and that wasn’t very close. “Fine.” She whispered. She turned on her heel and marched back towards her room, closing the door behind her.
She sucked in a long breath and pressed her tongue to the roof of her mouth. She wouldn’t start crying. She wouldn’t. She sucked in a breath. He still didn’t tell her what was different though. What would prevent him from picking up and leaving this time? Nothing. He would take off the second things got hard again and it made Eveline angry. She threw her door open and stalked back over to his door, knocking on it a little harder this time. Jupiter had not moved from the door and opened it for her again.
“What’s different this time? Why come back now? What’s changed?” She spoke quickly before Jupiter could even greet her this time.

"Everything is changed, Eveline. I'm not nearly as dangerous to you as I was. I'm no longer shackled to Lola. We're no longer on the run from vampires..."
Eveline held up her hand to stop him. She was shaking her head and trying hard to blink back the burn in her eyes. "So you just waltz back over here like everything is fine? Am I that weak in your mind that you think I'll bend over backwards for you after you left me?"
Jupiter shook his head gently. "Not at all. I came here to beg for forgiveness - to do whatever it takes to earn that forgiveness. Eveline, I'd do anything to go back in time and change my reaction but I can't. Even if I could go back in time, I can't be sure I would even be able to stop myself. I was so convinced I was a monster, Eveline-"
Eveline could feel her resolve shattering. She sniffled and fought back the tears that were begging to be released. "And now you suddenly aren't in your head? I'm not convinced on that." She focused on being angry. She crossed her arms and waited for a response.

"I will always be a monster in my head, but it's a monstrosity that I can control now. I can bend it to my will. I can make it do what I want. I didn't have that luxury before." He sighed and inched forward, moving slightly closer to her. “Your grandfather sent me to see Malice, the God of the Night and well… Vampires. He bit me. I’m… I’ve got a different strain of it now. I don’t need to feed anymore.” He whispered. “I can control it now… I… I’m stronger now.”
Eveline wasn’t really listening to him any longer. If she took him back she would look weak. She needed to keep her resolve up. He left her. She wasn’t going to just let him walk right back into her life. She told herself that. She was stronger than this. “I am not weak! I... I…” Her nails broke the skin on her hands as she continued to struggle against the emotions she felt. She swallowed hard.
Jupiter’s face flooded with concern. He could smell the blood. Her blood. He reached for her instinctively, but she pulled her hand back and he backed off immediately. “You never were. My shortcomings were never a reflection of you.” His voice was filled with worry.

Eveline couldn’t take it any longer, a tear fell out of her eyes and she nodded curtly before turning and walking as fast as she could for her bedroom. The tears came flooding out of her. She could see his form still, standing at the door, hand on the doorknob. He was just having fun with her at this point. She turned back around, tears still streaming down her face and stormed back to his door. She reached up to knock when suddenly the door opened.
“Is this just a game to you?!” She said suddenly. Her hands shot up to her face as she tried to hastily wipe her tears.
Jupiter was standing stiffly, his voice was weaker. “Not at all, Eveline.”
“Are you having fun toying with me!?” A sob escaped her, and all she could feel was humiliation flooding her. She couldn’t stop the tears that wanted to escape now. The dam was broken, and couldn’t be patched.
“I never want to toy with you, Eveline. Ever.” His voice was sincere and it only made her ache more.

She was sobbing as she stood there. The tears burned as they ran down her cheeks. She couldn’t stand it. She pushed forward and shoved him slightly. He hardly moved with the force she applied. “And I’m supposed to believe that?!” She choked on the tears. She reached across and shoved him again with a shove that, again, didn’t move him. “You never wanted to be close to me! This was all just some stupid game, wasn’t it?! Pick on the blind girl, huh?!” She wiped her face with her hands again, sniffling as she did so.
Jupiter was shaking his head ‘no’ over and over. “That's not true at all. I just never trusted myself to be close to you, but I always wanted to be.” His voice was begging her to listen, but she couldn’t get ahold of her own emotions.
She was scrambling for something to say. “Why wouldn't you call me your girlfriend then?! It was like pulling teeth to get you to commit!” She pointed weakly in his direction, and her face continued to be flooded with her tears.
Jupiter’s voice was quieter, but still level. “Why would you want to be the girlfriend of a monster when you deserve so much better than that?”
Eveline’s shoulders shook as she sobbed, that line stung too much. It made too much sense. She didn’t want it to make sense. She wanted to hate him. She wanted to find a flaw in his logic - to prove he somehow didn’t love her. Her head was scrambled. There was no logic left in it. She pushed forward and shoved him harder this time. He still didn’t move from the amount of force she used. “And that’s magically changed now?!” Her voice broke as she spoke.
Jupiter was quiet for a long moment before he leaned slightly closer to her. “I know it doesn't look like much has changed, but a lot has. I know you're angry with me. I deserve it. I was wrong. I reacted poorly and I hurt you and I'm sorry…” His voice broke as he spoke, and real emotion started flooding into his words. “I understand if you don't want to be with me-”

Eveline couldn’t stand it anymore. She shoved him harder, and Jupiter took a step back in the direction she had attempted to shove him in. This made her angrier and she pushed forward to shove him again. Jupiter stepped back another time. Eveline was breathing hard, “why won’t you fight me?!” She said through gritted teeth, tears streaming down her cheeks. She took another step forward and continued to shove him back. He moved along with her shoves, despite them not actually being strong.

“I’m not going to fight you, Eveline.” His voice was desperate, a plea for her to listen.
Eveline tensed up completely with anger. She stepped forward but as she went to shove him he caught her hands and pressed them to his chest, holding them there firmly.
“I love you.” He whispered to her.
Eveline froze as the words disarmed her. She started to sob harder and her body crumpled into his. Jupiter’s arms wrapped around her protectively and she sobbed into him. “I love you, Jupiter.” She whispered with a shaky voice and she leaned against him.
Jupiter’s arms tightened around her and his chest started to shake as well. He pressed his face into her shoulder and she could feel the tears that came from his eyes. Her heart broke for him. “I love you, Eveline.” His voice was distorted with emotion.

Eveline clutched him tighter. She wanted to take back everything she said. “I’m… I’m sorry.”
He pulled away from her immediately, his hands cupping her face. He pressed his forehead to hers. “No… please. Don’t apologize.”
Eveline shook her head, “I was so mean…”
“No.” He pressed his finger to her lips. “No.” He shook his head. “I’m so, so sorry, Eveline.” He whispered. “I’ll do whatever it takes to earn your forgiveness.”
Eveline bit her lip. “I couldn’t bear it if you left me again.” She whispered.
“I’ll never leave you. I’m never leaving you ever again.” He resisted the urge to sink to his knees, to beg for her forgiveness that way.
Eveline whimpered and another tear fell from her eyes. “You’ve said that before…”

“I know...” He swallowed. “I know I did.” He gripped at her arms. He desperately wanted a second chance, but how could he prove to her that he wasn’t going anywhere? “I know you can’t just trust me when I say it, but things are different now.” His voice was pleading with her. He couldn’t stand the idea of her walking away from him now. “Please… let me prove it to you. Let me prove to you that I’m not going anywhere.”
Eveline knew what he was asking, but she hesitated. “What do you suggest?” She whispered.
Jupiter swallowed and sucked in a breath, trying to find his strength. “I want to be with you in any way that you’ll have me.” He whispered. “I’ll take anything you’re willing to give me.”
Eveline took in a deep breath and nodded slightly. “What is it that you want though?”
Jupiter looked into her face with longing. “I want to be by your side forever. I want to be your everything in the same way that you’re mine. I want to marry you. I want to have children with you. More importantly though, I just want you.”
Eveline closed her eyes and stepped closer to him. Everything felt ok when she was close to him. “Ok then.” She rested her face against him. “I… I want to try.”

Jupiter hugged her tighter, his whole body filling with relief. In an instant he picked her up and spun her around. Eveline squeaked, but a smile grew on her face.
They had a long road ahead of them, but they would walk it together.

Nothing would tear them apart this time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #877 on: May 25, 2016, 03:19:28 AM »
Oh My Goddess!

Squeeeeee *runs around chanting* Eviter is back! Eviter is back! *smustles*

So many feels in that chapter. And Atris! I so love that little dragon, imagine his happiness at finally finding "the blue-haired one" for Mother! And after all this time too!

Ok, so I'm feeling a little less cheesed with Aleccas than before. Curious to know where he was that distorted time like that, or whether he was in such a state that he just didn't realise time had passed. But, he had no call to speak to Mary like that! If I was allowed to swear here, I'd be swearing a blue streak at what an idiot he's being!

Thanks for the picture :-) its nice to know that my Forum friends think of me "after hours" since I'm always wondering and thinking about y'all :-) I'm totally the Ship-Queen lol it's actually the "theme" for my 1st borns in my Legacy (well, only 1 first born so far, but it's the idea in my head anyway lol) I'm gonna save that pic now and use it as my FB profile lol the people there will wonder whether I've gone nuts, since most of them don't really know much about internet/movie/pop-culture slang anymore since they "got old". In fact, I think the only person who will understand it is my younger cousins as they're both under 25 lol

I know I say this so often but: moooooaaaaaaarrrrr please and thank-you ;-D love you and mpart, Livvie <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #878 on: May 25, 2016, 04:34:55 AM »
Ditto on a lot of what Magpie2012 already said.
But my heart still aches for Alecca--he's obsessing over some secret mission and he won't or can't share the burden with anyone else, but now he's lost everyone.
He get exhausted, unaware of all that's happened.
Where has he been? What's he been doing? What has he found?
To be honest, I'm still very stuck on Alecca's part of the story, but we haven't even reached the end of Anne's.

Eveline, please forgive him and be honest about your feelings already so we can move on. (She irked me a little...lol)
But she is gorgeous as is Jupiter, but I want him to not need to grovel anymore. Jupiter, you deserve her forgiveness!

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #879 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »
Omg! Eviter for the win!  ;D That last scene was literally the cutest! I really hope Eveline can find a way to forgive poor Jupiter as they're ultra cute together.  ::)
It's good to see Alec back, even though he's been a bit of an idiot really - at least we got to see it from his perspective. He'll probably wonder what all the fuss is about! It's kinda hard coz one part of me feels for him as all the magic and bad memories around in Midnight Hollow must've taken their toll on him when they moved so I can understand his determination to fix this once and for all, but I also feel for Mary as it must've been devastating to have no idea where her husband was for a whole week, plus having to deal with him holing up in his study for hours on end before that.
Anyway, I know I haven't commented in while, as I'm usually just a reader, but that last scene tho...  ::)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #880 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »
Eviter nothing, that cowplant is the truly adorable one!
Kidding of course.  Another lovely update and I'm on board with the kids patching things up and having the most adorable nooboos in Sims history  :=)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #881 on: May 25, 2016, 02:52:07 PM »
You guys are so amazing. <3

Oh My Goddess!

Squeeeeee *runs around chanting* Eviter is back! Eviter is back! *smustles*

So many feels in that chapter. And Atris! I so love that little dragon, imagine his happiness at finally finding "the blue-haired one" for Mother! And after all this time too!

Ok, so I'm feeling a little less cheesed with Aleccas than before. Curious to know where he was that distorted time like that, or whether he was in such a state that he just didn't realise time had passed. But, he had no call to speak to Mary like that! If I was allowed to swear here, I'd be swearing a blue streak at what an idiot he's being!

Thanks for the picture :-) its nice to know that my Forum friends think of me "after hours" since I'm always wondering and thinking about y'all :-) I'm totally the Ship-Queen lol it's actually the "theme" for my 1st borns in my Legacy (well, only 1 first born so far, but it's the idea in my head anyway lol) I'm gonna save that pic now and use it as my FB profile lol the people there will wonder whether I've gone nuts, since most of them don't really know much about internet/movie/pop-culture slang anymore since they "got old". In fact, I think the only person who will understand it is my younger cousins as they're both under 25 lol

I know I say this so often but: moooooaaaaaaarrrrr please and thank-you ;-D love you and mpart, Livvie <3

They're back! It's official!
He's not allowed to leave ever again. I've decided that. I've already seen their kids. He's not going anywhere. Have mercy, beautiful babies. You guys have seen nothing yet when it comes to pretty babies (well, unless you've seen @mpart's Calloway, Matt and Kaida - let's just say the babies this generation are GORGEOUS).
I love little Atris. He's so proud of himself for finding what mother asked him to. He was just SO excited to see the blue-haired man right in the living room of his mother's house.

Believe it or not, I'm more cheesed with Alec than most people here (I have an uber soft-spot for Mary and CLEARLY I'm fond of Majnun). He just started acting his way out of the blue and I'm floored that he would do this to Mary. I'm only trying to stay true to his character though. Mary is strong though, strong enough to stand on her own.

Also, you've got a legacy?! (goes prancing off to look for it) I WILL BE FOLLOWING. <3
I'll be working on more very soon. It's about time we checked in on our sweet Anne again anyways. Thank you for always commenting! You and all of my readers always make my day!

Ditto on a lot of what Magpie2012 already said.
But my heart still aches for Alecca--he's obsessing over some secret mission and he won't or can't share the burden with anyone else, but now he's lost everyone.
He get exhausted, unaware of all that's happened.
Where has he been? What's he been doing? What has he found?
To be honest, I'm still very stuck on Alecca's part of the story, but we haven't even reached the end of Anne's.

Eveline, please forgive him and be honest about your feelings already so we can move on. (She irked me a little...lol)
But she is gorgeous as is Jupiter, but I want him to not need to grovel anymore. Jupiter, you deserve her forgiveness!
Alec has lost everyone, and rightfully so. I really hope he can redeem himself, but I'm not going to hold out hope for him. Right now his and Mary's futures are very much up in the air, and I'll just have to see how acts and reacts in the next few chapters, as that will likely define which future will end up happening for them (as I can see many).
Those are all good questions, of which I will not answer. I'm just going to tell you they're great questions. ::)
Aleccas's story will tie into Anne's soon enough, I imagine.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Eveline's attitude a problem. Honestly, I do love Eveline as I love all my heirs, but her personality is probably the most irksome out of all my heirs (not in terms of writing it, in just... feeling it and how she sees the world). Jupiter is such a sap. He'd do anything for her. Eveline only ever makes assumptions and drags Jupiter around behind her and Jupiter follows her like a puppy following its mother. Sometimes I wish Jupiter would grow more of a spine, but at the same time - it's just not in his nature. He'll forever bend to please Eveline. Pretty sure she could do terrible things and he wouldn't leave.
Thankfully she won't. It's just a thought that occurred to me. I often play what-if games with my characters to feel out their personalities. This was just one of those. ::)
Thanks for always being so awesome and commenting on my stories! I really appreciate all the feedback you give me! <3

Omg! Eviter for the win!  ;D That last scene was literally the cutest! I really hope Eveline can find a way to forgive poor Jupiter as they're ultra cute together.  ::)
It's good to see Alec back, even though he's been a bit of an idiot really - at least we got to see it from his perspective. He'll probably wonder what all the fuss is about! It's kinda hard coz one part of me feels for him as all the magic and bad memories around in Midnight Hollow must've taken their toll on him when they moved so I can understand his determination to fix this once and for all, but I also feel for Mary as it must've been devastating to have no idea where her husband was for a whole week, plus having to deal with him holing up in his study for hours on end before that.
Anyway, I know I haven't commented in while, as I'm usually just a reader, but that last scene tho...  ::)
Jupiter will likely have to live with consequences for his choice (despite his choice not actually being as bad as what it could have been) for a long while. I did love that picture of Eveline and Jupiter though. They're so stinking adorable all the time.
Alec is being a lot more than an idiot, I feel, but I can't use harsher words on the forum. ::) Idiots try putting fires out by standing in them, right @AnnaBeth? Alec... he's a whole other level.
I do feel bad. Midnight Hollow was a living hell for him growing up, especially after (coughcoughcoughcoughgarblegarblegrooan).
Yeah. That. You know? XD
No worries about not commenting! I love all my readers, silent and vocal! I always appreciate feedback though, so thank you! =)

Eviter nothing, that cowplant is the truly adorable one!
Kidding of course.  Another lovely update and I'm on board with the kids patching things up and having the most adorable nooboos in Sims history  :=)
Right? Everyone else missed the real star: Ra. He is pretty cute though...
I guess Jupiter and Evie are pretty cute too. ;)
Their kids though (jaw drops) are knockouts. Holy amazing-genetics, Batman! Just wait until you see them!
Thank you for the comment!

And now... the sad news.

On Edward
So everyone, I feel the need to announce something story-related that otherwise... would not have been published in the story outright. I think it's no secret I have a soft-spot for Edward, so I need to make a confession.
Edward's marriage was the single worst idea I've ever had.
There. I said it.
It's more than that though. I did Edward a disservice by marrying him to Johanna. I know I got a lot of votes and feedback on my survey that they wanted to see more of my Ed and his Johanna - so here's part of that. I don't think this can really be brought into the story without successfully showing flashbacks/digging deep into when things started falling apart, so I'm going to leave the deep, gritty details out of the main narrative (we're already juggling the Keepers, Majnun and Anne [and that beast of a plotline with all it's side characters], Eveline and Jupiter, Alec and Mary, Seema and unborn baby and potentially any other upcoming babies ;)).

So how did this come about? It started back in Bridgeport, actually. I always thought that Johanna would be good for Edward - a stronger woman to compliment his personality (I mean, this is the guy who crashes parties with Royalty and casually calls the Queen 'Queen C.' He's a pretty special dude). Instead he ended up getting someone who is a lot more manipulative and just downright jealous. I figure this divorce probably seems out of the blue to you readers, since I never detailed into Edward's life, but I always check on/play with my extended Reapers. Edward and Johanna always had a rockier relationship, and when I fully explored her personality she just wasn't a good fit for my Edward.
Despite this, I debated just letting Story Progression play out. They would argue a lot (A LOT) and then suddenly I'd get a message that Edward was doing something out of his personality range, like selling his motorcycle (!!!!!!) and quitting his job Firefighting to join the BUSINESS career (gag me, I made him switch back after that, and he then switched to Police Officer - which isn't much better in my opinion but at least it's more Edward-like than paper-pusher).
They would fight when he would visit Mary (which got on my nerves). It was a wonder they ever got a long. Johanna would pick fights with Mary when she would go to visit Edward too. Johanna was fine with everyone else (even Palmira - who's insane and very likely to start things), just NOT Mary for some reason.
Anyone who knows Edward knows that you don't just pick fights with his baby sister without a fight from him... You just don't. So of course Edward would jump in and fight with Johanna in front of everyone and it was always a little awkward (though he never did it in front of his girls, he's such a fantastic father).
So, there's that. I knew their relationship was kind of in the toilet for a while, but I just thought that story progression would work it out and Edward would divorce her and that would be that. Except he never did.
I figured perhaps they patched up their relationship, and Johanna got pregnant again with Maybelle. Good for him, right?
Then they moved to Midnight Hollow and everything seemed to fall apart.
I went to check on him... and you will not believe how angry I was. I took screenshots. I had to show you guys... I was so, fuming angry.

The little witch is cheating on him! I was so blown away! Edward didn't have a single other romantic interest at all. Worst of all, when I was checking in on their house, I caught them mid-interaction. She was INSULTING him for his POLICE WORK with their children RIGHT THERE.
Edward didn't even respond! I was flabbergasted! He's HOT-HEADED and the queue just dropped the interaction after that. Like he refused to fight back with her. I was so upset!
So I forced her to confess to cheating on him. I figured I HAD to get my Edward to react and divorce this scummy woman.
He didn't. In fact, he got really sad. Betrayal Moodlet for 5 Days. FIVE. I've had Sims get that moodlet and immediately toss their ring back at their partner - I figured that would be the case here, but no... he just sat on it, looking so sad.
To add icing to the cake?
Johanna then broke up WITH HIM.

All while his children stood in the entryway, watching.

You don't do that in my world. I was so angry I deleted her.
Yeah that happened. I wasn't really thinking straight.
So she's no longer in my Midnight Hollow file. Whatever.
No, she's not being removed from the story, I just got so mad! I reacted too quickly.

Johanna isn't a bad mother. She's a great mother, actually. She's just not a good fit with Edward, and that's fine. So she and Edward will be divorced and parenting separately. Edward never wishes his ex ill-will because he knows what it's like to grow up without his parents.
I mean, Mary and Edward had Palmira and Mylee there, but Palmira was checked out after Noten's death. She just wasn't all the way there. She spent more time at his grave than with her children. I think, in some ways, Edward stayed with her because he was determined for his girls to have both of their parents.
The girls will. I'll be detailing some of Edward's following steps in the next few present-day chapters, but I thought you all had to know that this divorce wasn't out of the blue.
You should all know, despite this... Edward is an amazing father.

Anyways, so that's that. Now you know. I've got some things in store for Edward that will hopefully make up for this.
I will make this right! I WILL.

Have a fantastic day everyone. <3

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #882 on: May 25, 2016, 03:19:44 PM »
Wow, story progression for Sims 3 is really something! Johanna had not one, but two lovers!
I feel your pain and hope you have an earlier save if you want to send the errant wife to a Rehab Center for bad spouses or maybe something worse. *cackles

Oh no, poor, poor Edward! It really adds context to why Edward might have suspected Alecca of cheating as well.
How dare Johanna treat him that way then break up with him. His sad faces are so painful.
I would probably have walled her into a small room and burned her alive.

Edward deserves a happy ending (too).

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #883 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »
I don't think I ever really, truly judged Ed for saying that to Mary, I think it was more that I just don't like people to speculate aloud on a topic like that as it can't be retracted from the mind and soul once it's out there. I know he was just looking out for her, but, knowing his history with she-who-shall-not-be-named I can understand even more where he would jump to that conclusion from so easily.

Thanks for giving us a peak into Ed's disaster marriage, it gives me a new soft spot for him that I haven't had since we "left" him after Mary's story was no longer the spotlight.

Don't rush to my Legacy just yet lol I've only got 3 chapters and I've been doing it for over a month I think lol but, with being off sick this week, I am hoping to have some time to update more :-D after all, there's going to be an heir vote at some point!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #884 on: May 25, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
Wow, story progression for Sims 3 is really something! Johanna had not one, but two lovers!
I feel your pain and hope you have an earlier save if you want to send the errant wife to a Rehab Center for bad spouses or maybe something worse. *cackles

Oh no, poor, poor Edward! It really adds context to why Edward might have suspected Alecca of cheating as well.
How dare Johanna treat him that way then break up with him. His sad faces are so painful.
I would probably have walled her into a small room and burned her alive.

Edward deserves a happy ending (too).
Yeah, I must say there's never a dull moment with Story Progression.
I have the old save in Bridgeport of them, and honestly... I've got plans. That's all I'll say. I've got plans for Edward and the girls.
His sad faces were too much for me. It's what made me so angry.
I wish I would've thought clearer and punished her more accordingly, but I didn't. I just deleted her. I sort of regret it now, but it is what it is. Hopefully I can give Edward a happy ending.
Well, I know I can. It'll be exciting to see it happen though.

I don't think I ever really, truly judged Ed for saying that to Mary, I think it was more that I just don't like people to speculate aloud on a topic like that as it can't be retracted from the mind and soul once it's out there. I know he was just looking out for her, but, knowing his history with she-who-shall-not-be-named I can understand even more where he would jump to that conclusion from so easily.

Thanks for giving us a peak into Ed's disaster marriage, it gives me a new soft spot for him that I haven't had since we "left" him after Mary's story was no longer the spotlight.

Don't rush to my Legacy just yet lol I've only got 3 chapters and I've been doing it for over a month I think lol but, with being off sick this week, I am hoping to have some time to update more :-D after all, there's going to be an heir vote at some point!

I hope you don't think I was aiming anything at you or anyone else in particular! I'm not trying to defend Edward in that sense - planting that seed is a tough one. Edward loves his sister and will always take care of her, so I can't blame him for worrying that she's going through what he is.
I miss Edward a lot. I'm glad he wasn't the heir though, I couldn't have done him justice, and being honest, Majnun is kind of the best thing that ever happened to me.
(and probably to a lot of people here too XD)
I think I've found it! I'll be bookmarking it and will read it when I catch a spare minute! Good luck! =)

anything