Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327447 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Woman Who Tames Monsters
« Reply #885 on: May 26, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »
Nope, didn't think you were aiming at anyone lol just wanted to clarify my views :-D the Reaper's without Eviter and Marlec (Alemar?)and MajAnn O_O don't even go there! No way, no how, never!

It's The Parisshian Legacy, so if you found that then, yup, you're in the right place lol a few small chapters only (I'm still feeling my way through this thing) and no story really, but it's more than I had in March lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #886 on: May 26, 2016, 06:17:08 AM »
Alec is being a lot more than an idiot, I feel, but I can't use harsher words on the forum. ::) Idiots try putting fires out by standing in them, right @AnnaBeth? Alec... he's a whole other level.
OMG yes XD This actually made me laugh so much! I was about to use a harsher word too, though, but then remembered the whole no swearing, not even lightly thing and had to censor myself. Which I'm used to as I do work in a children's play centre... XD
Anyway... What does Johanna think she's doing?! Cheating on Edward with not one, but two people! Don't worry about the whole deleting thing - I probably would have done the same tbh! As a romantic person, I hope that Edward can find a woman who actually understands him, but as an intelligent person, I hope he never goes there again and focuses on himself. So conflicted! But then I can't really say anything as Anna kinda broke up a marriage...
Can't wait to see how this all converges tho! I actually can't wait for Alec to find out that Majnun didn't do anything to harm Anne so the hate he holds for his father can simmer out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #887 on: May 26, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
Alec is being a lot more than an idiot, I feel, but I can't use harsher words on the forum. ::) Idiots try putting fires out by standing in them, right @AnnaBeth? Alec... he's a whole other level.
OMG yes XD This actually made me laugh so much! I was about to use a harsher word too, though, but then remembered the whole no swearing, not even lightly thing and had to censor myself. Which I'm used to as I do work in a children's play centre... XD
Anyway... What does Johanna think she's doing?! Cheating on Edward with not one, but two people! Don't worry about the whole deleting thing - I probably would have done the same tbh! As a romantic person, I hope that Edward can find a woman who actually understands him, but as an intelligent person, I hope he never goes there again and focuses on himself. So conflicted! But then I can't really say anything as Anna kinda broke up a marriage...
Can't wait to see how this all converges tho! I actually can't wait for Alec to find out that Majnun didn't do anything to harm Anne so the hate he holds for his father can simmer out.

It's hard to control it sometimes, haha - I believe I had to resort to calling Alec a taffer at one point because it was the closest I felt comfortable getting (breaking out imaginary swear words)! It is SO hard to word arguments sometimes I swear. I feel like my characters sound like children sometimes like "you big dummy!" but we make do.
I have no idea what Johanna was thinking, I really don't.
I was really blown away. Like I knew they had a poor relationship, but I didn't think it would go that low.
Honestly, in regards to Ed's future, he's going to focus on his girls. He's going to be the best dad ever (which is no surprise, he's Noten's son after all).
Buuut, I'm also the Queen of Mush. So I think you ALL know that he likely won't stay single for long. I have... developments in process right now. Yes. That's a good word for it. Developments. ;)
Alec is pretty dense. He's not quite Jupiter-Dense though, so there might be hope for him. ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #888 on: May 30, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
Awww! Thanks Magpie! Kaida will probably need to meet Eveline to make sure her uncle isn't insane. (Well less insane.) She is convinced he made her up in his mind. XD Poor Mary! I feel so sorry for her! Alec is going to have to beg for Mary's forgiveness or she needs to find someone else. There. I said the unpopular opinion. I love him so much, but Mary needs her happiness back. Alec needs a wake up call.  Yay! Jupiter is back with Eveline! He did save your life though Eveline in exchange for the thing he thought would bring him happiness. Oh well. As long as those two are happy together. Poor Ed. Poor, poor Ed. Gwen and him should start a club. Edward does deserve a happy ending!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #889 on: May 30, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »
Awww! Thanks Magpie! Kaida will probably need to meet Eveline to make sure her uncle isn't insane. (Well less insane.) She is convinced he made her up in his mind. XD Poor Mary! I feel so sorry for her! Alec is going to have to beg for Mary's forgiveness or she needs to find someone else. There. I said the unpopular opinion. I love him so much, but Mary needs her happiness back. Alec needs a wake up call.  Yay! Jupiter is back with Eveline! He did save your life though Eveline in exchange for the thing he thought would bring him happiness. Oh well. As long as those two are happy together. Poor Ed. Poor, poor Ed. Gwen and him should start a club. Edward does deserve a happy ending!
Oh crazy Uncle Jupiter. ::)
Yay! We have a vote of confidence in Mary!
Alec isn't my favorite person right now. Sheogorath is growing on me though. =) A lot.
Oh Jupiter though, he's so dense sometimes it hurts. He'll apologize for things that aren't his fault, unlike Quinn. He's like Quinn's polar opposite.
He and Gwen SHOULD start a club, an "our exes suck" club. That might have to happen! XD
I think Edward will get his happy ending. I'm very sure of it, actually.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Pretty, Like You
« Reply #890 on: May 30, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »
Ugh! So sorry you guys. This chapter took SO long to write. I have no idea why. Anyways, all I have to say is:
Oh, Quinn.

[WARNING: THERE ARE SPOILERS FROM MY STORY: RISEN FROM THE ASHES IN THIS CHAPTER.]

Pretty, Like You
There is nothing. Alabaster shine. Quickly, wake up and-! There is no light. Crush the darkness. Cradle the inopportune dizziness. Finreth. Wake. Majnun. Majnun. Murderer. Murderer. Rush forward and-! Red button, silver sweets. Those eyes were green.

There was a gentle rhythm beneath his head. He clutched his pillow closer. “No. Stop. Disarm!”
The world was spinning. Colors were blurring. He was choking it seemed. Things were tangled in his hair. He breathed in deeply. Anne. Clarity. Quiet. Her fingers ran through his hair.
The rhythm beneath his head lulled him back into darkness. “Anne.” He whispered her name.
The gentle rhythm was then accompanied by a sweet melody, one that he could hear echoed in her chest. He couldn’t understand what she was saying. He needed to understand. “Repeat. Repeat.” He whispered. The voices in his head started up again. “Not you!” He cursed.
His head was throbbing. He wanted to shut it out. There were too many voices in his head. He just needed hers. He was a god. The world bent to him. Why won’t it bend now?
Something hissed. The snake on the wall. Anne was here. He had to keep her safe. He reached for something on the floor, the object was changing. He picked it up and it was heavy.
Anne was speaking to him. He needed to keep her safe. The snake was getting bigger. Majnun commanded the object he held until it was a knife. He threw it hard at the snake, piercing it.
The snake’s scream was human. Familiar. The snake wasn’t a snake anymore.
The snake was his brother. Tuon crumpled to the ground, clutching an arrow from his chest. “Why would you do this, brother?!” He screamed.
“No! No!” He clutched his head. “You’re crazy! You killed her! Why did you kill mother?”
“You did. You killed all of us.” His long-dead brother spoke.
Majnun couldn’t take it any longer. He pressed his face into the warm pillow with a gentle heartbeat. “The colors aren’t right!”

“Which colors?” Her voice. Her familiar, beautiful voice. She was real. Trust her. She was his. She was real. She was his only real thing.
“Green. Gold. So much blood.” He whispered back. He wanted it to go away.
Her fingers continued moving through his hair.
“They’re dead. I’m dead.” He whispered.
“You’re not dead.” She said sweetly back to him. “You’re very not dead.”
“Anne needs me. She’s not Destiny’s. She’s mine. Green eyes haunt me. I won’t say goodbye.” He wanted to writhe at the pain inside of him, but his pillow kept him in place. Her breathing caused his head to rise and fall as he listened for the only real thing there was: her. He couldn’t see her, but she was there.
“I do need you, my sweet. I belong to no one else.” She whispered back to him.
“She’s real.” He whispered. He could see her face clearly in his head. She was right below him, but he couldn’t see her that way. He could only see what his mind allowed him. Michael stood over her, she was crying. “No! Stop! She’s not yours! You cannot hurt her.” He jolted up, but arms pulled him back down. “Lies. Alcohol. Failure. This is not real!” He squeezed his eyes shut but the image was still there. Michael was screaming at her, but he could not hear him. He would stop him anyways. It did not matter. “Enough! Melt! Melt like paints under heat!” He cursed him.
“Hush, my sweet, I’m right here. I’m right here with you.” She whispered. “If you want them to leave, tell them to leave.”
“They don’t have ears. They will not see me.” He gasped.
“I see you.” Her voice was a lighthouse. It gave him slight bursts of clarity as it washed over him briefly, like the rotating light.
“Where are you?” His voice broke. “I can’t find you. I can’t find my heart. I will die without her.”
“I’m at home, my sweet.” Her fingers found his face and ran along the edge of his ear and cheek. “You are home with me. Can you feel me?” Her fingers ran along his cheekbone to his nose. “Can you feel my touch?”
He nodded. The world rushed past him at once, and she was there. The study came into focus behind her, but it hardly mattered. She was there. Her face was warm and her touch was gentle. Her heartbeat echoed in his ears as he rested his head against her chest. She was real. She brought him back. She brought him home. She was his home. “I’m sorry.” He whispered.
“Do not be. I take you as you are.”
He could see the image of her grave and he wanted to crumble. “Please, stay with me forever.” He pleaded. “Command anything of me, just do not leave me.”

Anne smiled softly at him. “I am always yours. Now and forever.”

It was nearing dawn when Anne helped Majnun into their bedroom to rest. She curled up against him and was asleep in no time at all. She had missed him more than words could ever describe, and now that he was home she was at peace again.
She woke to the sound of rain against the window and she rolled over gently in bed only to see Majnun sitting up, watching her sadly. She knew what was coming long before he spoke.
“I’m… sorry.” He whispered to her.
She pulled herself up and rested her cheek against his shoulder, sleep still tugging on her. “No, my sweet.” Her fingers ran through his hair again and he closed his eyes in response. “Do not be sorry. There is nothing to be sorry about.”
“Anne… I-”
“I’m so happy you’re home.” She whispered to him, cutting him off. “I’ve missed you so much.”
Majnun’s face melted into something warmer and he sighed. “I’ve missed you too, my heart.”
She smiled up at him. She would hear no more of his apologies. “Are you feeling better, my sweet?”

He nodded softly. “I should not have let things get that far. I hope I didn’t hurt you.” Too many shades. Too much time with Agonin. He could list a number of excuses. The real reason, however, is it just happens sometimes, and that was a terrifying reason.
Anne shifted and pressed herself against his chest. “You were very sweet, you know.” She smiled as she spoke. “You were very concerned for me.”
Majnun pressed his cheek to her head, he felt his whole body relax. “I’m relieved.” He wasn’t sure what he was capable of when the madness took hold, but he knew how others had handled it. The thought of ever hurting Anne wasn’t something he could ever live with.
Anne frowned, “why do you worry about that?”
“I cannot always control my actions when I have lost my mind.” He worded it carefully. “So I try not to let myself ever lose control. There are just some occasions though that I cannot stop it.”
Anne closed her eyes and rested into him. “You don’t give yourself enough credit.”
He squeezed her closer, “and you give me too much credit.”
She shook her head. “I met Sheogorath yesterday.” She whispered to him. “He was wonderful, you know. He has your smile.”
Majnun pursed his lips, “what was he doing over?” His voice got colder, “was his mother with him?”

Anne shook her head, “no, just him. He wanted to show you how he learned to…” A smile pulled on her cheeks. “‘Poof.’” She tilted her head up to see his face while biting her lip while she smiled.
He chuckled. “So he finally got a handle on the teleportation?”
“He seemed to think you wouldn’t be proud of him.” Anne looked at him skeptically then.
Majnun could sense his wife was asking a pointed question out of the statement. He shrugged loosely, “Alessandra and I aren’t exactly on good terms; I wouldn’t put it past her to mention something to him.”
Anne nodded sadly. “He was lovely company. I even let him eat my cookies.”
Majnun’s eyes became wide with surprise, “but those were too perfect to eat!” He teased.
Anne looked at him innocently, “they were, but we needed to celebrate that he successfully ‘poof’-ed on his own!”

Majnun laughed warmly. “I love you, my heart.” Majnun was reminded how perfect she was. Agonin’s words haunted him. “As a god who once loved a mortal, I warn you to be aware, Majnun, that the gods are often not permitted the same happiness when mortals are involved.”
Majnun held Anne tighter to him and shook the words from his head. Nothing would tear her from him, not even death.

Anne’s brow furrowed as the afternoon carried on. She was absolutely stumped.
She had tried six different blues and none of them correctly captured the blue she wanted. She was running out of ideas. She frowned and stared at the swatches on her arms with frustration.
All had been quiet in the house and Anne sucked in her cheek.
She knew someone who might be able to help her.

She bit her lip as she thought about checking in on her husband. Perhaps if she pushed in the right way she could bring him back to painting. He seemed so adamantly against it though, which made her sad. She stared at her arm again and decided that it was worth a shot at trying to bring out the artist in him.
Anne walked across the hallway and examined her arm further in the different light. Perhaps she hadn’t seen it right originally? She pursed her lips and opened the door to the study.
“I’m really, absolutely stumped, my-” She turned to look and stopped cold.
A man in white stared at her levelly.
“You’re… not my husband. I’m so sorry. I-” She spoke quickly, looking down at her arm bashfully before putting it behind her back gently. “That was terribly rude of me, I’m so sorry.”
The man’s brow furrowed, but a very soft smile pulled at his lips. “I take it you’re Anne?”
Anne bent slightly forward, her face flushed. “Yes! Oh, I’m so sorry.” She felt the embarrassment burning in her cheeks. “I just… I thought my husband was in here, and I…” She sighed and shook her head. “Now I’m just making a mess of things. Please forgive me.”

The man stood straight and bowed to her. “Please to meet you, Mrs. Anne. I am Agonin.”
It clicked for Anne. “The God of Order?” Her eyes went wide. “Oh, no! I’m such a mess! This is hardly fitting for meeting!”
“You look perfect, my heart.” Majnun’s voice was in her ear suddenly and she jumped in surprise.
She shifted and looked up as his arm found its way around her waist. She stared at him with anxiety in her eyes, “I’m so-” He silenced her with a finger to her lips while he smiled down at her.
He laughed, “Sir Rigid, this is my wife - the lovely, Lady Anne.” He did not look up from her as he spoke. “And this…” He tossed an object he held with his other hand - a book - at Agonin suddenly. “Is the book you wanted repaired.”
Agonin stopped the speeding book with his hand and his face became annoyed. “I did not ask you to repair it just to break it again, Majnun.” He frowned harshly, but his eyes were strangely amused.
Majnun pulled Anne tighter to him. “I did break it again though. Three times. Hard to resist tearing up something that’s yours.” He grinned.
Agonin shook his head and flipped through the book carefully. “All the pages are in order, I take it?” He asked as he examined the book carefully.

Majnun grumbled. “Yes. It was excruciating.”
“Good.” Agonin smiled slightly to the book with amusement.
“Careful there, my austere friend, your face might crack if you keep that up. We can’t have that. People would see through the perfect mask!” Majnun gave a wicked grin.
Anne stared up at him with a harsh stare. “That’s rude.” She said to him.
Majnun, caught then, looked to his wife suddenly. “It is a joke, my heart.” He said quietly.
“Not a very nice one.” Anne said back firmly, she crossed her arms and looked up at him sternly.
Majnun bit his cheek hard. “He’s a god, I think he can take a little bit of banter.”
Anne’s stare was unwavering. “That does not make it less rude.”
Majnun frowned back at her, “it is how we speak with each other, my-”
Anne silenced him by shaking her head slowly. “That’s not how this works.” She whispered back to him.

There it was. That phrase again. Majnun grumbled with annoyance. “What would you have me do? I’m not going to apologize for it.” He said back with equal stubbornness.
Agonin watched them with amusement and curiosity. He had never seen Majnun so twisted up to please someone before and it made him absolutely overjoyed at the change.
Anne sighed and shifted her gaze to Agonin where her face softened. “I apologize for my husband. That was very rude.” She turned her gaze back to Majnun, “have you even offered our guest any tea?” She looked at him expectantly.
“Why? He’s just here for his-”
Anne shook her head at him again and he stopped trying to explain. She turned back to Agonin, “would you like some tea, Agonin?”
Agonin smiled politely, rather enjoying the display. “Thank you kindly for the offer, I would love some tea.” He gave Majnun an amused glance as Majnun looked like he was ready to choke him.
Anne looked back up at Majnun sweetly, batting her eyes. “My sweet…?”
Here it comes. Majnun could already feel his will crumbling.

“Would you please go and have Sana make us some tea? Please?” She added the extra please at the end with a sweet smile.
Majnun resisted outwardly groaning with displeasure. This woman infuriated him. Oh, how he adored her. He hated that he was so bent that he would do anything she asked, even serving Agonin. He loved it though. I loved every part of her. It was these parts that made her Anne. His heart. He let out a long sigh. “Yes, my heart.” He spoke like he was in pain, but Anne smiled at him, knowing he was faking it.
With a wave of his hand, Majnun opened the door and walked out, grumbling under his breath about poisoning the tea.
Agonin looked at Anne softly, “I’ve never seen him so taken by someone before.” He thought out loud.
Anne flushed and smiled sweetly. “He’s such a good man. He has such a good heart.”
Agonin nodded, “indeed, he does.” He had not been referring to Majnun.
“I hope I haven’t gotten him into any trouble. I’ve tried to make sure he is still keeping up his work, even though I don’t always understand it.” Anne clutched her hands in front of her.
Agonin kept his gaze level. “I would argue that you’ve been actually helping the world immensely.” His lip twitched slightly before his face became stern again. “Since Majnun has been so preoccupied he hasn’t been able to be up to his usual fare. The world has been a lot quieter and orderly for it.”
Anne laughed her musical laughter. “Oh my; well so long as I’m not causing trouble for him.”
Agonin shook his head, “you are aware that, out of the Pantheon, he is the strongest? I doubt very greatly that you could cause trouble for him.”
Anne stood stunned. He was the strongest? She knew he was powerful, but she had never thought to ask how much. She smiled to herself then. It explained his confidence and his sureness. Anne bit her lip nervously, she must seem so unlearned. “I have so much I need to learn still.” She said quietly.
“I’m sure you will learn it in time. It can be a lot to take in.”
She nodded, that was what everyone kept telling her. She thought about what else she could talk about with him when her hand started to tremble. She struggled to close it into a fist and relax it. Her gaze shifted over to the chair across the room. “Would you mind if I sat?” She asked politely, trying to keep the tremor from shaking her voice.

Agonin nodded, “of course. Are you alright, Lady Anne?”
Anne’s eyes darted back to him and she collected herself. “Yes, of course. I… I get little shakes every now and then, and they pass quicker when I’m not on my feet.” She said thoughtfully. She hadn’t meant to tell him about it, but she was sure it was obvious at this point.
“Should I get Majnun?” There was just a twinge of concern in his voice.
Anne shook her head, “no. Please, I do not want to worry him.” She smiled to herself slightly. “My hand shakes and he thinks the world is crumbling.” She smiled at him. “He keeps telling me he can fix it, but he makes it so much bigger than it is. His magic is better spent elsewhere.”
“I doubt he feels that way about it.” Agonin’s face was unreadable. “I’m surprised you aren’t a magical source, if I’m being completely honest.”
Anne pursed her lips, that word sounded familiar. The knowledge came back to her and she nodded. “Oh, no! I’m not…” She shook her head. “I’m sure Majnun would love for me to be one.” She frowned slightly. She just wasn’t sure about it.
“I can’t say I blame him.” Agonin seemed distant when he spoke. His voice reflected hints of sadness. “If I had the ability… I would have given it to Cae-” He stopped himself and corrected. “To my wife. Perhaps then she might have survived.”
Anne was stunned, she took in a deep breath. “I’m so sorry, I had no idea.” She paused and then added, “I’m so sorry for your loss.”
He nodded. “Thank you for the kind words. Majnun is very lucky to have you.”
“You are very kind.” Anne said sweetly.

The door came open then and Majnun scowled deeply at Agonin. “Don’t get any ideas there, Sir Rigid. That’s my wife you’re complimenting.” He grumbled at Agonin with a slight smile on his face. Agonin would never do anything of the sort, and he knew it. He still loved giving him a hard time. He purposefully stood outside the door while they spoke. Perhaps Anne will change her mind.
He could only hope.
“Is everything ok, my sweet?” Anne looked at him concerned, probably wondering why he took so long.
“Sana was hiding from me. I told you she didn’t like me.” He shrugged.
Anne shook her head and smiled at him. She looked down at the tea in front of her and the strange grin on Majnun’s face and sighed as she made the connection. “I think you mixed up Agonin’s tea and mine, my sweet.” She said with a purse of her lips. She stood and exchanged cups with Agonin while Majnun’s eyes bugged out of his head.
Anne gave him an innocent look and ran her finger along the rim of the cup.
“Are you sure about that?” Majnun stepped over swiftly to her, taking the cup and examining it. Anne reached up to take the cup back when Majnun downed the entire drink and coughed suddenly before grinning at her. “I suppose I did.” He said as his throat burned. His body began to neutralize the toxins that he put in Agonin’s tea originally. “I suppose you should just have mine then, my heart.” He cleared his throat slightly.
Anne frowned sternly at him, but took his cup and sipped it slowly, giving him a look that said they would be having another conversation later. He was always in trouble with her.
He smiled to himself.
He wouldn’t have it any other way.

Anne quietly descended the stairs of the house to head for her reading spot next to Iri. She could see someone coming up the walkway and she frowned. After Agonin left she didn’t think Majnun would have many other visitors. The door came open suddenly and a man walked in with grace, smiling at her as he did so. He was tall and had dark hair. Anne could tell he had magic, but she couldn’t put her finger on how she knew. Her skin prickled in his presence.

She looked around nervously, “can I help you?” She asked as she slowly backed up into the wall.
“Anne? It’s me.” He laughed and then looked down. “Oh! I forgot, you’re not magical!” He shook his head and snapped his fingers.
“Quinn?” Anne looked bewildered as the magic fell away and Quinn stood before her.
He bowed lowly and dramatically. “The MASTER of disguise, at your service, mistress!”
“H-how did you do that?” Anne had finally started to ease away from the wall now that the stranger had been identified.

He gave her a wide grin. “It’s this thing, mi’lady, called magic. It can do a great deal of things.” He chuckled at her before a book came speeding at his head, landing a direct hit and he winced.
“You shall not sass the lady of this house, you ex-genie scum.” Majnun scolded as he descended the stairs gracefully.
Quinn frowned and rolled his eyes at Majnun before turning onto Anne gently. “No offense meant, mi’lady. I have trouble controlling the amount of sass with which I speak. My sass is a crucial part of keeping the world balanced. Who else would put your husband in his place if not I?”
Anne found herself giggling slightly as Majnun scowled. “Perhaps someone needs a firm reminder of his place here, no?” Majnun threatened.
Quinn rolled his neck and shrugged. “Yes, yes, backing off, you royal pain-in-my-” The book that hit him earlier spun back around and smashed into the back of Quinn’s head again.

Majnun was grinning now, gently pulling Anne closer to him.
Quinn rolled his eyes. “Are you done yet?!” He said with irritation. “You’ve messed my hair up, you clown.” He grumbled.
Majnun laughed, “like you need to worry about your hair when you’re busy wearing a veil anyways.”
“A veil?” Anne looked at Majnun curiously.
Quinn snapped his fingers and shifted form again, his skin bleached out and his eyes began to glow. “What do you think, Mi’lady? I’ve been working on this one for a while. Think I can fool ol’ Ugly McBloodsucker? My goal is to be able to sneak past Malice in this one.” He grinned, revealing fangs.

Majnun raised his eyebrows, slightly impressed. Or perhaps he was amused, Anne couldn’t tell. “You’ve done well.” He praised. “I’m actually surprised you didn’t include blood.” He mused.
Quinn pulled out a silver flask from his pocket, “did you honestly think I would forget that?” He waved it around in the air. “Who do you think I am, some petty Siren? I don’t just wear disguises. I live them.”
Anne frowned. She didn’t really know what they were talking about, and she wasn’t even sure what to ask anymore.
Majnun smiled at her. “Quinn is my chameleon.” He stated simply. “He can change his appearance and fool anyone with his disguises. Well, anyone except for me.”
Quinn raised his eyebrows, “still working on that one. One day I’ll be a carbon copy of the mistress here and I’ll put you in a world of trouble when you can’t figure out who your wife is.” He grinned deviously, snapping his fingers and suddenly there was another Anne in the room.
Anne’s eyes grew wide suddenly. “Oh my.” She whispered.
Quinn gave a devious smile on her face and it frightened her. Then shifted his face into something more demure before batting his eyes at Majnun. “I do believe it’s when she does this, you melt.” His voice wasn’t exact, but when it came out it was much closer to Anne’s.

She clutched to Majnun tightly, her gaze bouncing between the two of them.
Majnun rolled his eyes. “You could never possibly get Anne correctly. She’s far too perfect, and you’re an imbecile.”
He frowned, pulling the mirror of Anne’s face into a frown. “She has difficult mannerisms, and I doubt I would ever want to be close enough to you to even hug you.”
Majnun shifted slightly, looking at Anne with an amused expression before chuckling. “I can assure you a quick death that way.”
“Duly noted.” Quinn nodded, snapping his fingers again and shifting back into his regular self. He dusted off his clothes and smiled the familiar smile that Anne knew.
Anne relaxed against Majnun, resting her head into his chest. “Is it difficult?”
“It took a decent century to master.” Quinn shrugged, eyeing his nails arrogantly. “Yet, as far as I know, I’m the best there is.”
Majnun rolled his eyes, “and the most conceited.”
Quinn nodded. “I never said I wasn’t.”
Anne looked at Quinn curiously then, “have you always had those… markings?” She said as she took in his arms.

“These? They were a gift from your husband after he tortured me for forty-eight hours straight!” Quinn rolled his shoulders and flexed slightly, causing Majnun roll his eyes with annoyance. Quinn shimmied his shoulders slightly. “They’re kind of nice, aren’t they?”
Anne’s eyes got wide and she looked at Majnun while frowning. “Is that true?”
Majnun let out a long breath. “It is a ritual for priesthood. I did not torture him. He had to survive his own mind for forty-eight hours straight.”
“It was not my own mind! It was insanity!” He shivered. “Pure insanity. Not an easy process, right, master?” Quinn was fishing for a compliment at this point.
Majnun tipped his head indifferently. “I would argue it’s fairly easy.” He made a rather insane face before his face became serious again, making the point that he dealt with insanity every day.
Quinn pouted. “Then tell me why you don’t have any other priests then?” He wiggled his eyebrows.
“Because one Quinn is enough to fill the annoyance of many?” Majnun retorted jokingly.
“Is it common to have many priests?” Anne asked quietly.
Majnun went to open his mouth when Quinn interjected. “Yes. In fact, I would argue that Majnun is the only one with only one priest currently. He doesn’t even have a High Priest yet either.”
Majnun shrugged. “I’ll get around to it.”
Quinn shook his head, giving Anne a look. He lifted up his hand to cover his lips slightly, like he were whispering some deep secret, “that’s what he’s said for three hundred years now.” He whispered.
Majnun grumbled and the book took another swing at Quinn and missed as Quinn ducked. Majnun brought the book down hard and it smacked Quinn’s back while Quinn narrowed his eyes back at Majnun.

Anne’s mind was still trying to take in all the information. She nodded as she tried to understand. “So you underwent a ritual that gave you those markings?” She asked for clarity.
Quinn debated reminding her that he had just said that, but ultimately did not say anything for fear of receiving another lashing with a book.
Majnun nodded his head. “Yes, my heart.” He whispered to her. “The ritual is that any persons brave enough to try for my priesthood would need to be locked in a dark room after consuming a toxin that will drive them insane. They must survive for forty-eight hours in order to be considered worthy.”
“Among other things.” Quinn crossed his arms. “You also have to pass the ‘sassing the master’ test too, most fail at that part and don’t even make it to the insanity bit.” He dusted his shoulders off and gave her a charming smile.
“Which you’ve done more than enough of today. Why are you here, Quinn?” Majnun’s voice was irritated.

Quinn held up his finger then and then gestured his hand to pull out some papers. “I have reports on what you wanted me to dig into dealing with bat-boy, Malice.” He shifted his stance as he flipped through the papers. “I also have a message from Charlotte. Oh, and we’ve got another artifact repair from Eravaeral and I wanted to know if I could possibly… deliver it… this time.” He gave Majnun a gigantic, hopeful grin. The name was familiar. She was a goddess of some variety. Love? No. Lust. Anne was piecing things together.
“As if she would ever sleep with you - too much crazy blood in you.” Majnun’s face was amused, but he sighed. “Alright, fine; let’s go sort through that mess.” He kissed Anne on the head. “You’re welcome to join us.” He offered to her quietly.
Anne shook her head. “I think I’m ok just going for my book, thank you, my sweet.”
There was a noise of something in the kitchen and everyone turned to look that direction. Sheogorath stumbled out with crumbs on his face and he looked at them with big eyes. “Poof.” He whispered quietly as he wiped his mouth quickly.
Majnun and Quinn were on alert, but Anne’s face was soft and warm. “Well, if it isn’t the wonderful Sheo! Good afternoon, little one!” She said warmly to him.
Sheogorath stood stunned for a moment, staring at everyone in the room as he processed what to say.

Anne approached him sweetly. “When did you get here, little one?”
He looked down bashfully to the floor and then eyed her carefully, a small smile on his face. He reached into his pocket and made a face while he tried to pull something out.
He found what he was looking for and held it out in front of him: a pretty white flower that was missing a few petals and looked a little worse for the wear. He frowned at it, pursing his lips slightly. “For you.” He looked at her nervously.
Anne looked at the flower and a big smile pulled on her lips. “You got this pretty flower for me?” She said with awe. “That’s so very kind of you, Sheogorath. Thank you so much!” She took the flower from him and smelled it sweetly.
Sheogorath seemed surprised that she wasn’t upset by the gesture, but his surprise melted into a smile. “It’s pretty, like you.” He whispered.
Anne reached over and wiped off a leftover crumb from his chin while smiling at him gently. “This is the best gift anyone could have ever given me. I want to keep it forever.” Anne stood then and looked over at Majnun sweetly. “Would that be possible, my sweet?”
Majnun nodded, “if that’s what you want, my heart.” He stepped forward.
“The flower looks a little damaged if you ask me.” Quinn smirked.
Anne clenched her fist and glared at Quinn - the first time he had ever seen her remotely angry. He immediately put his hands up to show remorse but it was too late, the book began whacking him repeatedly. Anne handed the flower to Majnun and turned back around to Sheogorath, who was frowning slightly. “Don’t listen to him. I love the flower just as it is. It’s perfect to me.” She smiled at him warmly. “Just as you are.”

Sheogorath smiled before he threw himself at her and hugged her legs. Anne laughed warmly and rubbed his back gently.
Majnun handed the flower back to her after enchanting it. He gave her a warm look as she took it and twisted it in her fingers. Sheogorath peeked up from her skirt and she showed the flower to him. “I’m going to keep this forever; thank you again, Sheo.” She brushed his hair back from his face and he returned to pressing his face into her waist.
The flower represented everything in Anne’s life.
Perfect, just as it was.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #891 on: May 31, 2016, 09:32:06 AM »
What a lovely chapter! You suggested it took longer than usual to write.
Is it hard to write Agonin? Or were you busy trying out different disguises for Quinn, hmmmm?
I loooovvvee Quinn as a brunette! When I saw his two disguises, I thought for a moment that "Pretty Like You" referred to Quinn in disguise, lol. (Works for me!)

Child Sheogorath is so unsure of himself, so cute.
As always, Majnun and Anne are such a fantastic couple. I'm curious to see how Majnun's relationship with Sheo changes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #892 on: May 31, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »
What a lovely chapter! You suggested it took longer than usual to write.
Is it hard to write Agonin? Or were you busy trying out different disguises for Quinn, hmmmm?
I loooovvvee Quinn as a brunette! When I saw his two disguises, I thought for a moment that "Pretty Like You" referred to Quinn in disguise, lol. (Works for me!)

Child Sheogorath is so unsure of himself, so cute.
As always, Majnun and Anne are such a fantastic couple. I'm curious to see how Majnun's relationship with Sheo changes.
Thank you! I'm glad it's not too scrambled!
It wasn't Agonin or Quinn or anyone in particular. I was struggling a bit with writers block for a while there, I think. You see, I'm usually pretty fast about writing my chapters. I can write a good 8-10 pages in a few hours, give or take, especially if I get on a roll with dialogue or scene setting, but lately everything seemed to just slow to a crawl. What usually took me a few hours was taking me days. In three hours (what it usually takes me to write my first drafts for my chapters and edit it the first go around) I took starting this chapter I had only barely gotten through Majnun and Anne's part in bed the morning after his insanity burst through, and I had prewritten the insanity bit, so that wasn't even part of the three hours (I kind of have to be in a special place to write his insanity ::)).
Ugh, it's a little hard to explain, but basically I was just really distracted and it took me days to finally piece together this update and I can't pinpoint exactly why. Perhaps I'm dragging my feet because I may or may not have written Anne's final chapter already and seeing it makes me feel sad? Maybe it's because I feel like I'm falling behind with where I want to be and the stress is scrambling me? Maybe it's because I've been bombarded by Quinn's story and I don't want to branch out and do anything else but I also can't do much with that story until I have further answers. It's probably a combination of all of the above.
I appreciate you asking. It's nice to talk about this kind of stuff sometimes. :) @mpart and I have some huge storylines coming up and we're both super psyched for it, so I think that in combination with everything else is making me write slower than usual. I suppose writing too slow is better than too quickly. I want to be sure I do my characters justice.
Also, I've almost got my who's-who thing ready for you (and everyone else, but I thought you might appreciate it)! Currently there are no pictures or anything, and only a few fully fleshed out areas, but I'm working on it slowly. I would post it now, but I'm afraid that there's hardly enough information on there to be useful, so it would mostly just be me showing off how much effort I've put into the format. XD ::)

Anyways, I'm sorry, chatty cathy here has derailed the conversation. Livvie is back now.
<3 Quinn.
Oh Quinn. If only you knew. Just... oh Quinn.
I changed everything about him in all of those (clearly). Face. Eyes. Ears. Nose. Mouth. Coloring. YET he still looks like Quinn. I can still feel his personality. He's incredible. My Sassy-pants.
Pretty, Like You, for Quinn? That works so well. This chapter was just well titled, even though it was supposed to be Sheogorath... but you know I like it being about Quinn better.

Child Sheogorath is so adorable. Ugh. Sheogorath in general is adorable. I'm prepping some future chapters where he'll be taking more of a leading role in and it's kind of heartbreaking. I love Majnun and Anne. You know I was gathering the screenshots and I remember thinking "man, I can't keep you two off of each other." Every time they're in a room they just gravitate to each other. They just cannot be apart from each other. They're probably my most affectionate couple ever... and this is Majnun for crying out loud. XD
Sheogorath and Majnun are on very good terms in present time. Majnun isn't a bad father, he's just distant most of the time. He has his reasons. He always does. Majnun has reasons for everything.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #893 on: May 31, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
I wonder if your mind and body just want to take a little break now that the rigors of the spring semester are finally behind you, though it does sound like continue to juggle many balls in the air!
It's good thing that hot vampire was Quinn in disguise, or Jupiter would lose his recently-acquired title of "Hottest Vampire in The Reapers' Simverse."
Haha, later I realized that this update's title came from Sheo's dialogue, but I was fooled at first. And creepy to think about Quinn flitting around the house disguised as Anne!  ::)

I'm glad to hear we will be hearing more about Sheogorath. I've always like him! I wonder if he'll feel jealous when Alecca is born?
Wait, oh no! Sheogorath...heartbreaking?

As always, I look forward to what comes next! (And I hope you find the answers you seek about Quinn...)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #894 on: May 31, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
I wonder if your mind and body just want to take a little break now that the rigors of the spring semester are finally behind you, though it does sound like continue to juggle many balls in the air!
It's good thing that hot vampire was Quinn in disguise, or Jupiter would lose his recently-acquired title of "Hottest Vampire in The Reapers' Simverse."
Haha, later I realized that this update's title came from Sheo's dialogue, but I was fooled at first. And creepy to think about Quinn flitting around the house disguised as Anne!  ::)

I'm glad to hear we will be hearing more about Sheogorath. I've always like him! I wonder if he'll feel jealous when Alecca is born?
Wait, oh no! Sheogorath...heartbreaking?

As always, I look forward to what comes next! (And I hope you find the answers you seek about Quin...)

You know, that could be it too; but I can rest when I'm dead. My body knows better than to ask for a break. XD
Oh Quinn. He's perfect. He's the best looking everything according to him. ;)
Jupiter could never be replaced. He's gorgeous. His kids are... (sighs) even more so. I'm so excited to show you guys. Ugh. His kids are perfect.
HAHA; pretty sure Majnun would kill him if he impersonated Anne too much. Besides, he could never quite get Anne right. She's far too passive for our sassy Quinn to survive.
Yes. Heartbreaking. In an adorable, sad way.

Thank you so much! I promise Quinn will not be forgotten. I just need to figure out what I'll do with his story. <3 You're awesome as always, Oshizu! =) Thanks for always supporting my story! It's a bit of a mess right now as I bounce between characters, but I'm working on it! =D I hope my updates will continue to be interesting and fun to read!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #895 on: May 31, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
*whispers: I love the Victorian-era vampire Quinn!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #896 on: May 31, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
Quinn, the master of disguise.  Pretty nifty character there.
Of course, Sheo stole the show, as one would expect.  Love the interactions between that youngster and our dear Anne.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #897 on: May 31, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
*whispers: I love the Victorian-era vampire Quinn!
;) Me too.

Quinn, the master of disguise.  Pretty nifty character there.
Of course, Sheo stole the show, as one would expect.  Love the interactions between that youngster and our dear Anne.
Quinn is quite a fun character to write. He's just far too sassy. ;) ;D
I love the little Sheogorath. He and Anne make such a duo.
Thank you for always reading! I always appreciate seeing comments from you!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #898 on: June 02, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
Oh Quinn. XD I love Sheogorath! He is so adorable!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #899 on: June 05, 2016, 03:48:22 AM »
Oh Quinn. XD I love Sheogorath! He is so adorable!
Our catchphrase of my life... XD
"Oh Quinn."
Sheogorath is quite the unsung hero. I adore his personality. I can't wait for him to shine. =)

anything