Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942929 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10320 on: July 02, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
My first heir traveled to China to complete an opportunity and I forgot that was not allowed, in till the second generation is a young adult, is this totally rule breaking and should I stop the dynasty?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10321 on: July 02, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
If you can't play knowing that you broke a rule, then yes, stop playing because you broke a rule.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #10322 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
If you can't play knowing that you broke a rule, then yes, stop playing because you broke a rule.

Okay, thank you for answering my question, even if it wasn't exactly the response I wanted. Have a good day.  :D

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10323 on: July 04, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »
Dive lots are not allowed to be placed in worlds that they don't come with.

Can someone please explain to me why this rule is in place? I only got Island Paradise recently & haven't played with dive lots yet so I don't know much about them.

Is it possible to supermax the Scuba Diving/Snorkeling skill without dive lots?  :-\

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10324 on: July 04, 2015, 09:52:41 AM »
It's because you can't just place down a dive lot; there's a lot of cheating involved to do so, and that doesn't exactly jive in a dynasty where cheats are largely banned.

And yes, you do need dive lots to supermax Diving.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10325 on: July 04, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
And yes, you do need dive lots to supermax Diving.

Okay, well on that note, here's another related issue that I want to bring up with the challenge team.

When I first began playing in Island Paradiso, by the end of the first (Sim) day the game was freezing so often that it was virtually unplayable. I came across a thread on this forum that had a lot of suggestions to help with lag & freezing issues. Following some of those suggestions, I discovered that deleting the Scott family & moving some of the other families out of their buggy houses & into workable houses made a vast improvement. Apparently the Scott family cause some major lag for some people & that seems to ring true for me.

I'm wondering if the deletion of the Scott family would be allowed as I don't think Island Paradiso will be playable for me otherwise & I really want to supermax Scuba Diving in my dynasty.

So what do the challenge team say to this, yay or nay? (I wouldn't be asking if I thought there was another workaround but I am kind of desperate to be rid of the awful lag).

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10326 on: July 04, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
Try moving them to a terrestrial home first, because the issues seem to be tied to their houseboat.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10327 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »
Try moving them to a terrestrial home first, because the issues seem to be tied to their houseboat.

I read on the thread that it's because they keep trying to go to a community lot that EA deleted.  :-\ But I can see why houseboats can be a problem. half of the sims that need moving are on houseboats.  >:(

I'll try that first then but if the Scott family are still screwing up my game then do I have permission to just store them in the library/bin?

Also, can I please delete the really buggy houses after moving their families, to prevent other families from moving into them in the future? I'm horrible at building & am not sure if I can fix all the problems myself plus it would also give me a few extra community lots to use.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10328 on: July 04, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
I'll allow you nix them if they are a large problem (IP has many, many problems, not just tied to the Scotts).

Because of IP's issues, I don't see an issue with deleting the really bad residential lots. It's a fix we allow for other towns (such as Union Cove, and we never were able to bug EA about improving worlds like IP like we used to be able to with UC. :P).

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #10329 on: July 17, 2015, 07:45:07 AM »
Hey, gang!  I've got two quick questions, and I know they've been answered somewhere in here, but it's so hard to find.  If an heir starts in one career and then switches, not reaching level 10 of the first one, is that career still available for another heir?  Also, my gen 4 heir is bugged and has only 4 traits.  I don't mind playing that way, it's actually a little more challenging.  But Gwendy tells me I can put that 5th trait back in, (it didn't stick on the teen birthday).  Advice?  Thanks!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10330 on: July 17, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
I'll leave the careers question to the Challenge Team. :)

Also, my gen 4 heir is bugged and has only 4 traits.  I don't mind playing that way, it's actually a little more challenging.  But Gwendy tells me I can put that 5th trait back in, (it didn't stick on the teen birthday).  Advice?  Thanks!

That is allowed, and is a legitimate (one of the only ones) use of TCE. :)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #10331 on: July 17, 2015, 08:40:20 AM »
Thanks, Seabody!

ETA: Found the ruling on the career question from Metro.   ;D
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10332 on: July 18, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
Hi, guys, I was wondering if the Daycare career counted. I was thinking 'no' but I wanted to check. Thanks.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10333 on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:10 PM »
Yep. It's a special case because it's equivalent to a normal career but condensed into five levels.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10334 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »
Hi again! I was away for a little while trying out Sims 4, but am getting more and more frustrated w/the emotional stuff that they stuck in there. Anyway, I'm trying to take a stab at my Simha family again. My founder has one friend who is an "old friend." The friendship bar is totally maxed out, but it just will not go to anything except old friend. Is this still considered to be a best friend since the bar is maxed out? Making 6 best friends is the last step I need for her before having her eat the ambrosia. Thanks!

anything