Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941429 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10410 on: February 08, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »
@SeraNita: Magpie is correct. Mermaids are not banned from...any of the dynasties, come to think of it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10411 on: February 08, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »
I see. Thank you for the clarification, I must have missed that somewhere. Good thing they are allowed though; my town is already filling up with the fish people.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10412 on: February 09, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
@SeraNita: Yup. There might have been a lot of complaints about IP as an expansion, but nothing bothers me more than the random mermaids that you can't disable.

Just remember the caveat that any heir born/turned into a mermaid cannot use diving as their supermax (and therefore bans anyone from using diving as their supermax).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10413 on: February 09, 2016, 01:28:05 PM »
Mermaids drive me crazy. Before I let them procreate (except in the Lifestates Dynasty) I keep them away from the ocean until they lose their mermaidiness.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10414 on: February 09, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »
I think my question must have been missed in my previous post. :)

Basically it is ... if a meteor strikes and it destroys something that leaves a lot of scrap, can a later generation immortal pick up said scrap and have it counted towards the scrap collector challenge?

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10415 on: February 09, 2016, 08:33:40 PM »
Does the scrap even stay there? I think it would "disappear" after a while wouldn't it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10416 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »
I dunno if @Magpie2012 is right or not about it disappearing, but if it stays, sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10417 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
Lol @Trip Magpie isn't even sure if Magpie is right about it disappearing lol I just know that sometimes you would go to a junkyard lot and see something there and then a day or so later, you go to that same lot and its gone! Then again, that was probably the work of spawners or something lol

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10418 on: February 11, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
I seem to recall scrap from a meteor that struck Central Park stayed until I cleaned it up, and scrap from exploding dishwashesr on the home lot stuck around lagging things until I did something about it.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10419 on: February 11, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
Yay that means scrap for the future heir!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10420 on: March 14, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
Ok then, my latest attempt has the following plan.
1 - Painting Supermax SE Artist Career - Living in Lap of Luxury LTW - Dusty Old Lamp/No Bills Ever/Extra Creative LTRs - switch to Art Appraiser Career as elder
2 - Fishing Supermax SE Angler Career - Presenting Perfect Aquarium LTW - Motive Mobile/Food Replicator/Change of Taste - switch to Music Career as elder
3 - Handiness Supermax Military Career - Become an Astronaut LTW - Moodlet Manager/Meditative Trance Like Sleep/Efficient Inventor - remain as astronaut
4 - Sculpting Supermax SE Sculptor Career - Swimming in Cash - Artisan Crafter/Collection Helper/Fire Proof Homestead - switch to journalism career as elder
5 - Writing Supermax SE Author Career - Professional Author - Acclaimed Author/Bookshop Bargainer/Born to Cook - switch to Cooking Career as elder
6 - Photography Supermax SE Photography Career - Jet Setter/Prepared Traveller/Learned Relic Hunter - switch to professional sports career as elder
7 - Street Art Supermax Business Career - Max Influence with all social groups - Jock Influence/Nerd Influence/Super Green thumb - remain in business career
8 (turned to witch) - Alchemy Supermax SE Alchemist Career - Alchemy Artisan - Flying Vacuum/Magic Hands/Dirt Defiant - switch to Education career

This leaves athletics/all instruments/inventing/martial arts/logic/gardening/cooking/nectar making/charisma/mixology/science/social networking as free skills (note I don't have Pets/Seasons/ITF/Island Paradise installed/active)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #10421 on: April 16, 2016, 03:16:04 AM »
Once upon a time, there was a Dynasty called Medley, and their Watcher abandoned them due to real-life nooboo and a laptop that refused to load the game in less than an hour and a half. Said Watcher now has a nooboo AND a toddler, but the new laptop will actually load quickly enough to not be frustrating. Previously, all expansions, stuff packs, and much store content was installed. Currently, I am playing without ITF and some unknown amount of store content. Would this be kosher for a continuation of HoF status (assuming I can maintain enough interest through 3.5 more generations of immortality) or should the current crop of Medleys be cast into Limbo with the rest of their failed ancestors?

None of the ITF content was in use as far as I can recall, since I'd all but abandoned all travel unless absolutely necessary for a BlackOp.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10422 on: April 17, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
I remember the Medleys! Glad that there's a possibility of them returning.

ITF is an exception to the rule regarding EPs. Proceed, but I'd probably chew you out if it were any other pack. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10423 on: May 04, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »
Just to confirm something. Provided I grow the original life fruit and death bush and I catch the original death fish, I can then clone them to my heart's content for immortals, can't I?

I was going to do so, but then thought I'd double check.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #10424 on: May 13, 2016, 11:14:05 AM »
When creating our founder for the dynasty, can we also create a pet/pets to accompany our founder?

anything