Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942052 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10635 on: March 20, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
 Thanks Trip! I was only interested in the ones that fix game glitches namely, overwatch and error trap. I've already had to fix some.  Those 2 fix a LOT of issues. I would never make the hall of fame anyway, lol

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10636 on: March 25, 2019, 10:57:14 AM »
No prob! Glad you can go on. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10637 on: March 26, 2019, 02:18:44 PM »
oh dear! Founder Baktu is Elder and Aggie hasn't learnt Ambrosia yet, nor has Founder purchased his building. Everything else is in place. I think I'm normally overly reliant on the 'dusty old lamp'.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10638 on: March 29, 2019, 09:47:03 PM »
Figure I should double check before going ahead and assuming its ok. Our family cat caught a deathfish at long last. I have been assuming its fine for me to use this in the ambrosia dish when it comes time for that, even though it was a cat and not a sim that caught it. Is that correct?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10639 on: March 31, 2019, 04:04:39 PM »
Well, the rules say caught deathfish so I'm assuming a cat would be fine. Better wait for the official OK.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10640 on: July 26, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »
In Hidden Springs there is a community lot titled "Meadow Beach" that is classified as "Fishing Spot" given that in Aurora Skies we are allowed to change:

Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
and
Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)

Would you consider permitting us to change Meadow Beach (to Beach only)?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10641 on: July 26, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
In Hidden Springs there is a community lot titled "Meadow Beach" that is classified as "Fishing Spot" given that in Aurora Skies we are allowed to change:

Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
and
Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)

Would you consider permitting us to change Meadow Beach (to Beach only)?

Nah. There's another beach in Aurora Skies (Basalt Beach, so it's not like you're missing one for wishes or the photography subject). The rules for Sundhöll Community Pool and Lend and Lean Library are because they are classed as "No Visitors Allowed", and giving them the proper designation allows you to buy them, confer the proper moodlets in the case of the library, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10642 on: July 26, 2019, 07:07:05 PM »
But I'm not playing in Aurora Skies :) I'm playing in Hidden Springs and there isn't another beach in Hidden Springs.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10643 on: July 26, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
Got confused. Fine by me.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10644 on: July 26, 2019, 07:24:00 PM »
Thanks, I think I could have phrased my original question better.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10645 on: November 14, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »

Thinking about starting a dynasty in Midnight Hollow once my games finish getting restored. Normal EA lots would look weird placed in this world, so I wouldn't want to say, place a consignment shop or other EA non-Midnight Hollow lots down, for the aesthetic. Trying to work out what effect that would have on my game play, if anyone has any thoughts. If I buy a lot, I can still do things like place EA rabbit holes on it, right? Like, place a gypsy caravan? But, I can't change lot types, right? It's been so long since I've played Sims 3 or done an Immortal Dynasty, if anyone has any advice for completing one in this world, I'd love to hear it!

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10646 on: November 14, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
I have always taken it to be, once you buy a lot you can do what you like to it, including putting down rabbit holes and building your own community lots.

Of course, once you put a rabbit hole down and leave the buy/build mode, the lot gets sold, but for most of the rabbit holes (the ones you can normally buy) can be purchased at a later time. You could also change the aesthetics of buildings if you like.

In Sunset Valley, my actions are always change the two beaches without types of community lots into beach community lots.

Purchase one of the beach community plots.

Put down the Rabbit holes I want (usually vote of antiquity, fortune telling caravan, fairy arboretum and subway).

Depending on available money, add in objects that can be placed AND will assist - eg skilling objects and those brain scan machines.

Leave the lot and get the money spent on lot back, which I then can use to purchase the placed fortune telling caravan.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10647 on: November 14, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
You can place rabbitholes on a bought lot, it just sells the lot afterwards and it's unable to be bought again as a property and unfortunately that's the game saying that, not me as a moderator (buying the new rabbitholes for a building requirement is all good though)

Honestly with the exception of buying a camera, I think the consignment shop that came with Ambitions is redundant when you have Supernatural and the elixir shop. You could buy a property early and place a consignment register for the camera. Plus the elixir shop almost fits into Midnight Hollow. Pretend it got a fresh coat of paint. ;) I sometimes raid Union Cove for lots to save to the library and use in dynasties elsewhere, though the only community lot I can think of that'd fit into MH to some extent is the Vampire Lounge. The sacrifices we make! :(

Most lot types can't be changed, though Midnight Hollow (and most worlds) have a few lots that can have their type changed to a hangout, a beach, a big park, or a cat/dog park. It's in the big ol Edit Town masterpost too but here's the MH list anyways:

Gloomy Garden
Passé Park
Precarious Pub

I don't know what kinds of possibilities it opens up but that one's up to you!

Edit: yes I see that Dek said all this. Sneaky! ;)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10648 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »
@Trip I'm just trying to get my words up for Nano, I mean be helpful. :P Would you believe trying to get my words up for Nano and be helpful? Oh, Nano, people mightn't know what that means. In this case it is an abbreviation of an abbreviation. The full abbreviation is NaNoWriMo, which actually comes out as four words and is National Novel Writing Months. Yes, I did just write all that just to get more words. That's another eighty words!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10649 on: November 15, 2019, 12:29:49 AM »

Thanks guys, these are some great ideas! Really appreciate it. I've forgotten so many of the dynasty tips and tricks I learned over the years - may have to peruse that thread a bit before starting!