Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 763978 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
Well the French thing isn't furnished and has only 2 or 3 bedrooms. The Colourful thing was ages ago but it did have a few rooms, it is worth just going through THIS THREAD to see some of the houses a lot are for download!  :)

TommyT the expert also made this house which you might like: Here

Mini City thing: HERE

However I am not sure if there are Store Items and HEL Items in either of the houses, if there are they either get replaced or don't show up. You can still keep the Request up for a custom house!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Teacandy

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
I made sure to look through all of the previously created/uploaded houses first to see if any of them fit the bill. I did see TommyT's amazing house, however "Really requires WA, HELS, AMB, Ultra Lounge and Collection Stanke sets or else the house will be empty." I looked through the contest houses, and while some did fit the room requirements I think a lot of them had some content I don't have and none of them were quite as grand as I'm going for. However, if it's too much to ask to build a whole new one then please tell me! I'd truly hate to ask too much.  :)

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to say thank you for the welcome Joria!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
It is most certainly not to much to ask! That's what this thread is for!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »
I have a few questions for you Teacandy before I really jump into this.  First of all, are there any colors or shades you really hate?  Secondly, do you prefer a modern look?  If so, I think I'll back out.  It's hard to do a furnished, really modern looking house without a lot of store items.  Anyway, I prefer to do houses that are more mansion looking/traditional/Victorian in soft, light shades.  I'm thinking of something you'd find in an English manor house or early American mansion.  Heavy on the elegance yet practical.  Last, when you say garden do you mean flowers and such, a veggie/fruit patch or both?  And if veggies/fruit do you want it already planted?  Is there a reason for the lot size?  I can go hog wild on a 60x60 lot.  lol  (although I have quite a few ideas for that lot by the waterfall)

Oh, did you see Tommy T's community lot?  It was going to be an insane asylum or prison or maybe a hotel but he got tired of working on it.  It fits on the Stoney Falls lot nicely and I've been fooling around with it redesigning the interior to be a mansion or hotel.  It could really look great once you remove the cells and industrial kitchen.  lol

Also, have you seen the thread that talks about the free items you can download for your game?  There are a lot of "store" type items that can be downloaded free.  Go here http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,97.0.html  It's a long thread, 30 pages, but it's well worth the read.  Some stuff you wouldn't want anyway but some of it is really nice and can add that special touch to a room.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Teacandy

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
The only two colors I don't particularly like are Olive green and Seafoam green. I'm actually not going for modern, traditional/mansion style happens to be my favorite. I meant veggies and fruit, but I do also want flowers and shrubbery (I absolutely love flowers.) About whether I want it pre-planted, I have absolutely no idea at all. I've never had a Sim garden before, so I don't know if that would take away from the experience or just make it easier for me or anything like that, so that's pretty much up to you. The reason for the lot size is I actually intended to have the house up on the waterfall for that nice fancy but scenic feeling. (However, as I said up there if you'd rather do a larger house then go for it and I'll move to twinbrook, I had been considering both and I really have no preference at all.) I did see the community lot, but it's a little cold and hotel-fashion uniform for my taste. I actually haven't seen that thread before, however, I'm trying to download as little as I possibly can. My game is already pretty laggy most of the time, and I don't want to clog it up by going on a downloading spree. (I can't help myself once I get started!) That, and I sort of like how clean and simple the game is without a bunch of other content. (Though I might make myself download riverview sometime.) Again, I'm sorry if I'm being difficult!

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
Teacandy - did you want a basement? I didn't see that explicitly mentioned.

Thanks!
Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »
Ok, if I pre-plant veggies and fruit it would be from buydebug so they would be actual, already fruiting veggies/fruits.  It makes it faster for you on the one hand, but takes away that learning to garden experience on the other hand.  They are all "normal" quality but for most challenges within the game you are going to be asked for excellent, great, outstanding or perfect quality.  The way to get this from pre-planted items is just harvest them once and plant the harvested fruit/veggies.  Then, fertilizing, weeding and watering will increase their quality level.

I had in mind pastel shades.  I'm not really big on greens either or really bright, shocking colors.

I love that lot, and play it often myself so it will be fun working on it again.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Teacandy

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
caliban, I don't really explicitly want or not want a basement. If you have an idea for a basement that you think would be nice, go for it. Otherwise, don't worry yourself about trying to come up with anything.

Joria, Pre-plant some for me if it's not a bother, I suppose? It'll probably help me out with figuring out how I should order out gardens in the future.
Pastel shades sound great! I'm pretty much open to any colors other than the ones I mentioned earlier. (Olive green, Seafoam green)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
Pretty house, Joria! I'd download it too!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »
Very nice, Joria.

I'm seeing some interesting stair formations outside. ;-] Can't wait to see the final product!
Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Teacandy

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »
It's beautiful so far! The kitchen and dining room are just gorgeous, and what you've described sounds exactly like what I wanted. I'm loving the color scheme, too! I can't wait to see it completed!

Teacandy

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
First off, I totally do not mind at all that you're using a stock house.
Second, it's BEAUTIFUL! You've totally blown away all of my expectations so far! I was sitting here gasping at the screenshots. I'm so glad you're having fun with it, too! I wish hugs could be transferred through the internet, I can't think of any other way to express how much I like it so far! (Too much gushing?) Don't worry about the price by the way, that really just makes me like it more! Keep up the amazing work!

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
What a beautiful house and the landscaping is just awesome. The people on this forum are so good at building.

Teacandy

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Very different! I'm lovin' what you've done with it so far!

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2010, 12:49:11 AM »
What a beautiful house and the landscaping is just awesome. The people on this forum are so good at building.

I second that! I've just started looking at this part of the forum, and I've seen some lovely work. And as a non-builder (beyond a slightly expanded version of TommyT's smallest house from his tutorial) I really appreciate that there are people out there who are willing to share all this hard work and creativity with others. Thank you, all of you!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.