Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764130 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »
@ Simone88 - I have put your Request Up now! Sorry about the delay!

I want to draw everyones attention to the new Swap Shop board, we can now have our own Exchange on the forum! This may be easier for some people if they do not trust the EA Exchange or would like to contribute to the Forums own unique downloads! In the first post I added two new links to the Swap Shop, Houses and Lots Section and the Instructions for Uploading with the Rules for the Swap Shop included.

Uploading your Lot.
Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Swap Shop - The Forums own Exchange. Instructions and Rules of the Swap Shop.
To The Swap Shop board, Houses and Lots Section. - The Board for Houses and Lots to be Uploaded to.

Please Only Use the Swap Shop if you are following all of the Rules of the Forum and the Swap Shop.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
Since I forgot to say earlier, I have all sp and ep. Sorry about that! :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessBean

• Nooboo
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »
Would anyone who has CAW be interested in making a sort of English countryside-themed world? I'm on a Mac so I can't use it unfortunately. From what I understand it's a lot of work, but I don't need buildings to go with it if that's too much work (and I imagine it must be unless there's someone else who's as keen on this concept as me, lol)!

Basically, what I'm looking for is countryside, but with a large coastline similar to that in Cornwall, with the cliffs and everything! As much as I like SV, Barnacle Bay etc. I'm a bit tired of the tropical theme and would like something that's green but still rough (not sad like Twinbrook). And I base this impression off of pictures and films, since I have never actually seen the British coastline except from onboard a plane...  ;)

* It would need space for a few big lots, to make room for all the LN community lots.
* It would be perfect if the city centre could be placed "to the back", sort of, with fields and stuff as unroutable terrain behind it, and then have a more open area towards the coastline so it doesn't end up like a flat island with lots of houses plopped in the middle.

Things I'd love to see:
http://nomadtravel.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tintagel-coast.jpg <-- cliffs! :D
http://www.britsattheirbest.com/images/ii_norfolk_rotation.gif <-- fields separated by trees and shrubs!

If there is anything else uniquely British you can think of that is manageable, feel free to throw it in. I'd love to put in a few pubs, loads of cottages and a few estates (and move the Queen into one of them! Heh) plus a hoard of sheep, but alas, there are limitations. Except the pubs, there will be pubs. :D

So, any takers? I'd be forever grateful, but I can completely understand if it's too much work as well. :)

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
I would love the world that PrincessBean requested! It sounds great.

Offline simone88

• Nooboo
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:12 AM »
@ samoht04 thanks a lot!

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »
Hey Leto, I tackled that request for a bistro/spa for vacations, although it might not fit unanimously across all three locations, because instead of building something new a gutted I pre-made, unoccupied house and decorated it to fit the request.  this is 90 town center drive in France, the "little roses townhouse."  In a fresh game this is an empty, NPC only residential lot which I've converted for your needs.

Since this wasn't exactly a taxing undertaking I'm sure I can gut an egyptian and chinese lot and do much the same.  And I'm also certain it could fit into a base neighborhood pretty easily.  Hope this suits your needs.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Leto85

« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2011, 10:39:07 AM »
@Danefaith: What a very clever idea of you to build this on a already existing lot that is completely empty! I haven't thought of that myself.
I see you've used the objects that are required for the building but maybe it need a bit more detail? I mean for a sim to get the Nicely Decorated moodlet or Beautiful Vista, if that last one is possible.
But overall: especially using a French lot for this is very good done. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
The Beautiful Vista moodlet has nothing to do with the building itself.  It depends exclusively on the setting of the lot, and to my knowledge this setting can only be activated in CAW.  And I don't believe you can alter an existing town with the CAW tool, either.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
Both of the functional rooms are pretty caked in decorations - although the foyer is admittedly bare.   I actually haven't play tested this one.  I'll take a look see and if I'm falling short of the decorated moodlets, I'll just pipe in some more knick nacks, lol.

But yeah to echo Hosfac I can't alter the beautiful vista stat.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
I have let this Thread Slip a bit but have just done a bit of reorganization and I need to know about the following Requests if they have been met or not. I have a feeling they have but a few I have not heard back from them. Unless I missed their reply.

Residential Lots Requests

• Date of Request: 10 Jan. Client: Jen2912. Request: Mansion to house 8 Sims, Study, Gym, Garden (Vegetable), Party Area (Pool+Hot tub) Basement for Sculpting, Inventing and Nectary. Lot Size: ANY up to 60x60. Price: None Stated. Full Details. Important:Use only Base, WA, HEL, FL, A and LN Content.

Community Lot Requests

• Date of Request: 28 Aug. Client: TheIlluminator. Request: 30's Styled Cinema for use with Late Night. Lot Size: Non Specified.Price: N/A
  • Date of Request: 09 Nov. Client: Draigh. Request: Night Clubs/Bars for use in other towns not using Towers, No Store or CC Items, Only Base and Expansion Content. Lot Size: Small/Medium - 20x20:40x40Price: N/A Post: Here
  • Date of Request: 16 Jan. Client: Anushka. Request: A Modern Tropical Themed Dance Club. Lot Size: Small/Medium - 30x40 Post: Here
    SP/EP: No Stuff Packs, All Expansions

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
OK, so I just play tested... and it appears no matter how many decorations I put (think lining every inch of wall with the +10 paintings) I'm not even getting nicely decorated moodlet.  I am le confused.  ???

Samoht: I remember doing that art deco movie theater/exclusive lounge and a tropical themed poolside club, and between Ausette and I we've done like a million bars and clubs, so IDK, I thought those were met.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »
Would anyone who has CAW be interested in making a sort of English countryside-themed world? I'm on a Mac so I can't use it unfortunately. From what I understand it's a lot of work, but I don't need buildings to go with it if that's too much work (and I imagine it must be unless there's someone else who's as keen on this concept as me, lol)!

Basically, what I'm looking for is countryside, but with a large coastline similar to that in Cornwall, with the cliffs and everything! As much as I like SV, Barnacle Bay etc. I'm a bit tired of the tropical theme and would like something that's green but still rough (not sad like Twinbrook). And I base this impression off of pictures and films, since I have never actually seen the British coastline except from onboard a plane...  ;)

* It would need space for a few big lots, to make room for all the LN community lots.
* It would be perfect if the city centre could be placed "to the back", sort of, with fields and stuff as unroutable terrain behind it, and then have a more open area towards the coastline so it doesn't end up like a flat island with lots of houses plopped in the middle.

Things I'd love to see:
http://nomadtravel.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tintagel-coast.jpg <-- cliffs! :D
http://www.britsattheirbest.com/images/ii_norfolk_rotation.gif <-- fields separated by trees and shrubs!

If there is anything else uniquely British you can think of that is manageable, feel free to throw it in. I'd love to put in a few pubs, loads of cottages and a few estates (and move the Queen into one of them! Heh) plus a hoard of sheep, but alas, there are limitations. Except the pubs, there will be pubs. :D

So, any takers? I'd be forever grateful, but I can completely understand if it's too much work as well. :)

Oh Wow I missed this one, Sorry about that! This is the Request I got out of it:-

Date: 14 Mar. Client: PrincessBean. Details: An English Styled World with traditional English Countryside scenes and places. It needs a Coastline such as the one in Cornwall. The Town/City are would be preferably not on the Coast. It needs to be Green not Tropical but slightly rough including Cliffs if possible and Fields Seperated by Trees/Shrubs A few large lots for Late Night Clubs/Bars but there needs to be room for some pubs, cottages and estates. Buildings do not have to be put in if they are too much work. Full Details

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: March 14, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
Samoht: I remember doing that art deco movie theater/exclusive lounge and a tropical themed poolside club, and between Ausette and I we've done like a million bars and clubs, so IDK, I thought those were met.

Yeah I was under the same impression but I don't remember any feedback from them.  :-\

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #268 on: March 14, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
So Leto, just completed that series of luxury locations in the three vacation sites.  I have them up in the swap shop.

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,3890.0.html

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
Hiya, I was wondering if someone could build me a family home, capable of housing 4-8 sims with Baby's room, couple skill rooms, party room, library, a play room (if possible), gym, garage, museum, playground. Any lot size any price. I have WA, A, LN and HEL.