Author Topic: Sims 4 Guides  (Read 89164 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Sims 4 Guides
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
Isn't dancing a hidden skill? It sure seems like there are levels of it.

Dancing depends on the mood.  Each mood has a different type of dance.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »
I didn't know this until today but a child can raise their motor skills by dancing to the stereo. I guess I had never noticed it before because I usually don't have a stereo in the house to keep my sims from always dancing. But my sim and his child was visiting a friend and the child started dancing to their radio and I noticed her motor skill was going up.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »
Dancing depends on the mood.  Each mood has a different type of dance.

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea.

Offline blabla98

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 08:05:53 PM »
I need your help ........ I don`t think that other sims in town age up but mine ...... I don`t know how to make settings so they can age up

sorry about grammatical mistakes, I´m from Croatia  :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 11:30:57 PM »
@blabla98 go to the options menu in the top right hand corner and select game options. From there select the gameplay tab and make sure Auto Age (unplayed sims) is checked.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »
About retails business: I'm sure the guide says that only employees can clean. But I found the owner can do it as well.
Is it just my game? Or did anyone else notice this?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »
@Tixxis I haven't had to clean anything in a store I own, but I'm not sure where it says that owners can't clean their stores.  I did find it saying this in the guide:
"Employees are particularly useful for cleaning, as I do not often notice the dirty objects in the store and it does lead to and Uncomfortable moodlet for those in the store."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »
@Tixxis I haven't had to clean anything in a store I own, but I'm not sure where it says that owners can't clean their stores.  I did find it saying this in the guide:
"Employees are particularly useful for cleaning, as I do not often notice the dirty objects in the store and it does lead to and Uncomfortable moodlet for those in the store."

Oops! That reads different from how I remembered it. My apologies.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2015, 02:03:17 AM »
Oops! That reads different from how I remembered it. My apologies.
No worries, easy to do.

Offline Grevillia

• Nooboo
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in putting the guides together.  They're such a great resource & make my Simming experience so much better.  You guys are awesome!!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »
@Grevillia I'm glad to be able to do what I do, and am grateful for comments like this. Thank you!

This is coming a bit late as I hadn't checked the thread in a while, but back when I wrote on retail, I couldn't notice or click many objects in order to clean them, but my employees could. I should do a test and see if it's still an issue for me, then edit the guide. That one needs some other edits, so it's on my to-do.

Offline Calous

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2018, 03:52:07 AM »
Hey Carl, I wanna share this experienced. I usually use perfect Strawberry as base plant for splicing normal quality. So far the plant that was not successfully grafting are Bird of Paradise and UFO Plant. I have numerous tries on Bird of Paradise and none success. I have problem with Snapdragon and Dragon Fruit too. Before Seasons, there is no problem with that. I have tried maybe about more than 10 tried but always in same order that Snapdragon as base plant and Dragon Fruit splice in. Never one success, always only produce Snapdragon. Then I tried different order, Dragon Fruit as base and Snapdragon splice in. It's successfully in first try and I got Cowberry. So later I tried to splice in UFO plant to Dragon Fruit and it's successfully too. I haven't tried with Bird of Paradise cause I'm waiting for Dragon Fruit to be mature enough. I will come back again to inform the result.
So maybe you need to specify in your guide that Dragon Fruit need to be the base plant to successfully get Cowberry.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2018, 06:08:25 AM »
@Calous The problem is in the game code. It was deliberately changed such that you have a 500 weight toward a normal produce on a grafted item, a 100 weight of uncommon, and a weighting of 1 for rares. You get ~6 produce per harvest so the odds are like 1% per harvest since you are getting 6 rolls of the dice. But those are some big dice. You need to land on the perfect number out of a huge roll. Now if it was just uncommon and rare on the fruit, it'd be much less bad since it wouldn't have that strong 500 weight toward spawning a common.

I hope I'm making sense when I relay this to you. It stopped being a guaranteed thing and became a very rare thing to get that collectible from a harvest. It's very annoying as it forces you to either check each harvest to see if it spawned, or collect the fruits and then sell through the inventory. this defeats the purpose of giving us super sell. To use it you have to put any special spliced plants away from your other crop so you can quick-sell the commons and be sure you don't accidentally sell off a super rare plant.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
Hi Carl,

In the listing of packs on the Guide page (the page where you list the titles of the packs, the dates they were released and I think whether it was a stuff/game/expansion pack) the Moschino Stuff Pack isn't listed.

Thought you'd appreciate knowing.

Thank you for the guide

Dek

Offline Entropic

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »
Hi Carl,
I am using a Chrome browser and when I go to the page about the industrial footprint after searching for it on Google, my browser redirects to a scam page I won't list here but I'll send you a link in a PM, and I can't even go back to your page. This must clearly be linked to one of your advertisement services as I do not have Adblocker active on Chrome, and while I understand that the ads shown could be of questionable origin which is partially outside of your control, I feel this should not happen on a site like yours.

It ruins credibility, can potentially harm several of your visitors that frequent your site, and above all else, it's intrusive. I don't want my browser to be redirected to a fake site and I can't even go back no matter how I try. It does not always happen when visiting your site, but it did happen twice in a row. I've never had this issue with your site so far, which is why I figured you should probably know about that there's something iffy going on with one or more of your ad services.

anything