Author Topic: Witness Protection  (Read 54328 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Witness Protection
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2015, 07:51:54 AM »
@Malley , @Playalot  I'm just over a year away from medicare age myself. I work in our clinic when there are no patients scheduled. I used to wear dress pants to work, then jeans, now yoga pants. I've been joking for a while now that I'll soon be going in my robe. I love the sims odd clothes.

Braise had been receiving a promotion every work shift. At level 5, his boss gave him an opportunity to go to Egypt and learn to make falafel.

Braise went shopping and bought a nice chest for his mother and incense burners for his father. He decided not only to learn to make falafel but also shwarma, because you never know.

He went to the pyramids at sunset.

The Temple at Karnak...were he promptly sat down to surf the web.

And back to base camp, where he became King of another kitchen.

Most importantly, he met a lovely woman named Tahiya Shalut. They became quite close before Braise's vacation time was up.

A couple of days after returning home, Braise decided to call Tahiya and invite her for a visit. He was surprised and delighted to discover that she was already in town. Not only did she agree to come over right away, but also accepted an invitation to move in.

Tahiya is a wonderful addition to the household. Her traits are Genius, Good, Vegetarian, Artistic, and Friendly. She wants to be a surgeon and the family is supporting her in that. They built her a Studio of Logic and gave her a multitab. Tahiya was 10 days from elder upon moving in and I see tattoos in her future.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »
Tahiya is so pretty and has some great traits. Braise really lucked out with her :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »
Tattoos to the rescue!!! Really enjoying this! Bookmarked!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:21 PM »
Oh, I just love Tahiya! He couldn't have made a better choice.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »
Oh sheesh, what is it with the odd but hilarious outfits? Tahiya is my youngest nieces name, never noticed that Sim before (well, I've never paid much attention to foreign Sim  :-\). All the Does on their laptops reminds me of my family, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
@Malley , @Tixxis   When Braise got the opportunity in Egypt, I did a little research and found Tahiya. His choices in Riverview were basically elders or almost elders and a babysitter with puke green hair.
@Magpie2012  I kind of rely on tattoos. In my original 4x4 I had an aging bug from using Young Again potions so I'm a little gun shy.
@Nettlejuice   When I took that screenshot, I was thinking of my family. When our daughter still lived with us, she would be at one end of the sofa with me at the other, both of us on our laptops. My husband always has his desk top, laptop, and kindle fire going at the same time.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Three out of four sims wish to buy a hot tub. Wish granted. It's a great way to keep those pesky elders out of my hair.

When Braise came home from work after reaching level 9, he celebrated his Adult birthday. The bad news is that it was Sunday and he didn't have another shift scheduled until Friday. The good news was that it gave him plenty of time to work at home to assure his next promotion.

The night before his next shift, in the kitchen of romance, Braise asked Tahiya to be his wife. She happily accepted.

The excitement was almost too much. The bride-to-be immediately wished to reach level 8 in her career, and the groom-to-be headed to the computer to work from home.
You know you don't have to do that any more. Your performance meter is completely full.
Braise: You started this and now I can't seem to stop.

The next night, before he could even get home, the wondrous fridge had taken its place.

Braise had completed the last of his requirements.

Heir Five
Braise Doe - Heavy Sleeper, Excitable, Ambitious, Natural Cook, Workaholic    LTW - Swimming in Cash
(also already has more than enough points for a large tombstone thanks to wanting to be worth more than 1Million)
Max Career - Five-Star Chef, Culinary Level 10
Best Friends - Travis McDermott, Tatiana Ivanov
Skill Challenges - Menu Maven, Star Chef, World-Class Chef
Opportunities - That's Outstanding, All New Bi-Pedal Dishwashing Machine, Borrowing Ingredients, Falafel Portfolio

The current state of the Family Museum Where No One Goes Because There Are No Stairs
Four Space Rocks worth 926 (going to have to do better than that, guys)
Cooking Skill Certificate, Ingredient Eviscerator 235x as career rewards

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
As soon as he got home from work, Braise and Tahiya were married out under the stars.

The next morning, Tahiya was glad she had a couple of days off. She was feeling quite ill, and as a doctor, she knew what that probably meant.

The evening before the baby was due, Grim came for Swizzle. They must have been in some sort of secret society because they performed as awkward behind the back handshake. Rest in Peace,  Swizzle Doe age 60.

Less than an hour later Jami, age 58, joined her husband. She begged for one more day to see her grandchild. Sorry, Jami. You will be missed.

Late the next evening, Tahiya went into labor.

After 2 hours of panting and screaming, a tiny pink bundle joined the family.

Palette Doe – Artistic, Heavy Sleeper

Palette quickly learned her skills.

Since she didn’t receive a special doll, she had a lot of time for her toys.
Palette: Hmm…Tasty yet somehow less satisfying than that green stuff in the bottles.

And for reading with her daddy who had somehow become gray and wrinkly over night.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
Aw. Swizzle going with a back-handed handshake. I so like that Sim.
Palette is very, very pretty. Coo-coo, Palette!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
Congrats to Braise for completing his requirements and welcome to the adorable Palette! Hmm, I wonder what skill she's going to be working on?  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
Congratulations for your 5th heir! RIP Swizzle... I didn't want him to go.  :(  And Braise an elder already! Oh man. Still, Palette Doe is THE cutest little tyke; just adorable.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
Thanks, @Tixxis , Swizzle will be missed for his clothes if nothing else.
@officialghosts , I haven't exactly been subtle with the names, have I?
@Playalot Tahiya's had 2 tattoos so Palette wil have a parent probably until she's a YA. Braise is spending his elderhood filling the perfect fridge with perfect food.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »
I want to do that secret handshake  ;D RIP Swizzle and Jami. Palette is cute, I chuckled at her comment about tasteless dolls.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
I agree that it was one absolutely awesome handshake. It was also kind of funny to see Jami and Braise not facing the right direction. Apparently it was too secret  :o.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
@Nettlejuice  and @Malley  Awesome, secret, and painful.

Palette soon became a rather well dressed child.
Palette: Well, I am artistic, you know, and Ambitious.

Palette wished to learn how to paint and took herself right off to the studio and did just that.

That and going to school was pretty much her short childhood. She soon became a teen and a Born Saleswoman.
Palette: No, this does not look artistic at all.

The family bought the last available property in Riverview, the Performance Park across the street. Since they often want to sing karaoke when they get stressed, this was one of the upgrades.

Palette enjoyed it too.

Tahiya: My word! Are those liverspots?

The family was becoming a little worried about Braise.
Braise: Heh, Heh. Set myself on fire at work again. Yep, two nights in a row.

Palette has an excellent reputation at the Elixir shop. Diane, the woman running the place, is more than happy to assist with homework.

Palette went solo to prom, but did get a romantic interest. Good old …(checks notes) good old Brandon Salas.

Brandon came over after school.
Brandon: I’m the only other kid in school who lives in an actual house.

While he was there, Braise, age 55, passed on.
Braise: Eh, whatever.
Well, we’ll miss you.

Nettlejuice, was it you asking about how I typed this up? I've started to use Word and copy and paste. Much less of acrap shoot.

anything