Author Topic: Witness Protection  (Read 53628 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Witness Protection
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
Congratulations! It's so lovely that Brenda was given somewhere nice to move out to. Looking forward to the next town and the last heirs!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
@Tixxis, Vincente is an easy sim to play. Although I make fun of his couch potato trait, I always know where to find him, he stays out of trouble, and rarely needs to shower.
Thanks @Playalot , @Malley , and @Nettlejuice   All will be answered.

So on Day 2 of Week 61, the Does moved to Starlight Shores where celebrities roam (clicked on for the first time this dynasty). They bought a cute little house near the ocean. Although they had to trade in their 5.2 million for 4,000, Novella had so many LTH points to spare that she got a dusty old lamp and was able to furnish and remodel.

Since Vincente was clueless about gardening, he made a trip to the elixir store hoping to buy the essential ingredients he needed. He met probably the entire Best family there. Maria is one cute toddler.

Fortunately, Vincente had picked up enough to be able to make cure elixirs.

The next day Novella realized what she suspected was true. Before noon on their first day in town, she had become pregnant.

Vincente took a shopping trip to China and decided to check the board for adventures. He ran around the countryside collecting for a local.

Ah, the Scholar’s Garden is so peaceful. Maybe we’ll just stay here a while.
Vincente spotted some cherries and decided to harvest them for Novella. It seemed like all she was eating lately was fruit.

Back home after much panic and panting, a new Doe joined the family.
Vincente: Hey, can you step aside? I have some important TV watching to do. That shopping network stuff won’t buy itself, you know.

Meet heir 13, Chip Doe, an Excitable Heavy Sleeper who looks like his mother.

Chip learned to walk from his father who has had a lot of experience walking, although less than most sims, the big couch potato.

Novella told Chip all about the joys of books. He doesn’t seem convinced.

With all his skills learned, Chip spent the rest of his toddlerhood playing with his special doll. And where will you be spending eternity, Jelly Bean?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »
Welcome to Starlight Shores, Doe family! I just might meet you there *wink*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »
Welcome Chip and his soon-to-be-abandoned-forever-IF. Still I'm sure there are plenty cute little girls his own age around somewhere...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2015, 04:53:09 AM »
That face as his mother delights about books, so cute. Welcome Chip.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
Hello, Chip!  :)
Were you aiming for a little boy, KRae?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:43 PM »
@Malley, I wish our families could actually meet up! You always seem to have great spares.
@Playalot , Ooo...did I foreshadow?
@Nettlejuice , Love those learning to talk faces.
@Tixxis, Let's just say many apples were eaten.

Time for a quick update.
Chip had his child birthday, and lucky for him, had no skills he needed to learn. He did become Ambitious however.

He went to Verde Park and I left him to do whatever he liked.
Chip: And then the giant, radioactive bug ate all the pretty blond women in Starlight Shores.

In fact, other than making sure he filled his basic needs and did his homework he was pretty much on his own.
Chip: Rowr!

Chip: Where’s Bella? Somewhere scary I hope.

This could be my family, but none of us would be wearing a dress.

Chip is ready to become a teen.
No, I don’t want you to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
That looked like you had a ton of fun with Chip, he's a pretty funny wee chap!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »
A childhood spent being a child is awesome, poor Chip though the rest of his life will be pretty busy.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2015, 09:47:24 AM »
@Playalot  and @Nettlejuice, It was fun playing a carefree child. His parents were so done with what they needed to do that I could pretty much just sit back and watch. Novella makes 130+k a week in royalties now so there is no big push for funds either. She's also stowed away a dusty old lamp for each coming generation.

And so, despite my pleadings, Chip became a teenager.

See, I told you not to grow up. Now you have to spend your Sunday sculpting.
Chip: I’m a Savvy Sculptor and this is a lot of fun. So, thanks, I guess.

Chip’s friend Milton Best came over to do homework after school. Chip did his homework, but Milton did this all afternoon and evening.
Novella, he’s more comfortable on the floor than sitting next to you in your night wear.
Novella: Mid-life crisis here. If I wear this maybe no one will notice my wrinkles. Maybe I should go look in the mirror some more.

Chip was ready to try out some ideas he had for sculpting metal, but first he needed some metal. The junkyard was full of adults and elders flirting.
Chip: Head down, just look at the scrap, Chip.

The day before his next birthday, Chip went to visit the Best Household. He had met Maria at school, and she had said they had a lot in common and should get to know each other better, but after 2 days she was gone to young adulthood.
They had a deep conversation about their favorite colors. She was really nice and didn’t laugh when he said his was sea foam.

Goodbye for now, Maria. See you tomorrow.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »
I didn't want to say, but I thought he might become a sculptor!
Lol, Novella! I'd be more worried about my dress code than a few wrinkles in that particular situation.  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
Wow Novellea, teen boy alert! How embarrassing for Milton! Lol. I actually didn't pick Chip's skill, <duh> I'd forgotten all about sculpting and was trying to think what on earth goes with 'chip'... cooking? ?  But that's already been done!  ::)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »
The name didn't click for me either until now. Wow, Novella, I don't even know what to say, lol, I suppose it isn't as bad as flirting in the junkyard of all places.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone! What can I say, Novella and Chip, as a YA, rarely seem to get dressed. Vincente and Maria always do. I'd say it has to do with working at home, but they all work at home.

The next day after having his birthday celebration, Chip invited Maria over. They decided it was a date and got along so well that Maria moved in.

After graduation, Chip got right to work.
Careful, those robes look flammable.

Chip and Maria knew they wouldn’t be able to start a family right away, but decided not to delay their marriage. Novella was a two star celebrity, and when they became friends, Maria became a celebrity too. Between becoming engaged, getting married, and being frisky, Chip and Maria both became 4 star celebrities in matter of a few hours. Yikes! Time to build a fence.

The clerk at the Elixir shop asked Chip to sculpt an ice sim to remind sims of the fragility of life or some such thing. He didn’t really care why, he was just happy for the opportunity. Novella was happy to pose in her nightie.

And just in time too. She and Vincente became elders. Actually they look good.

Maria, being older than her husband, decided to get a tattoo. It made her feel so much younger that she gave herself a quick makeover.

When Maria first moved in she wanted to buy an easel. She’s been making slow, but steady progress as a professional artist. She’s also made pretty much everything in the house unbreakable.

Another opportunity involving an ice sim. Novella once again volunteered to pose in her very much changed night wear.

I guess you can only work so long on invigorating elixirs before it catches up with you.

Chip and Maria had been wanting a child for a while. Chip just needed to reach the top of his career. He had cancelled and re-consigned a masterpiece stone sculpture twice. If it would just sell, he would be close, very close.

The day before his adult birthday, he got word that it had finally sold. $76 to go! This sculpture was worth $744.

Heir Thirteen
Chip Doe – Heavy Sleeper, Excitable, Ambitious, Savvy Sculptor, Born Salesman  LTW – Living in the Lap of Luxury
Maxed Career – Master Scuptologist, Sculptor 10
Best Friends – Barry Whitfield, Milton Best
Skill Challenges – Chiselmeister, Master Sculptor, Prolific Sculptor
Opportunities – Personal Sculpture, Make-A-Dream, Sims on Ice, Your Best Work

The Doe Family Museum of Emptiness
It only contains Chip’s career rewards. He will start placing sculptures now that he doen’t need to sell them all. Celebrity gifts and Wedding gifts will also be placed later. Chip and Maria received a 50k+ fountain from her father.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
Vincente and Novella are your best looking elderly couple yet, I think.
With all the great genes in your dynasty it's hard to say. The aesthetic margins are infinitesimal.
Maria looks rather gorgeous. I like the curves of her mouth and that perky chin.
Way to go, dapper Chipper!
Isn't it sweet when they fervently wish for a nooboo?