Author Topic: The Does of Dragon Valley  (Read 42779 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Does of Dragon Valley
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »
Just cheers for the new heir anyway!! Woo. *I can't decide*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2015, 02:16:38 AM »
D'oh lol I totally forgot Cole was the Clone lol but yeah, as Pip says, she has my vote so if Armon has her's then its a no-brainer for me! Team Colmon!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »
Maybe it was imaginary dirt that only IFs can see, and disappears if a normal sim is selected? ???

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
Thanks everyone. Armon (my father's middle name) has indeed been selected as heir.
@Alex , I have dirt in my house that is invisible to everyone but me.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »
I guess it was time to air everything out.

:D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »
The teens spent the next few days just having fun and trying to decide what they might do with their lives.
Olaf: I’m so tired.
I didn’t tell you to do this. Just go to bed.
Olaf: No, I might win for once.

Armon and Cole became closer friends.

Still, Armon was often drawn to the window, just staring out contemplating his future.

Cole was the first to grow up. Her traits are Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, Rebellious, Kleptomaniac, and Brave. She decided that she really just wanted to live in the lap of luxury. Wished and granted. (I’m so glad I didn’t let you use this one, Fluffs.)

She also decided that she would like a career as a romance novelist.

Two days passed and it was Armon’s turn. His final traits are Brave, Eccentric, Neat, Brooding, and Hopeless Romantic. He and Cole share two traits. Since the first two traits he rolled as an infant, it was pretty clear that Armon would eventually want to be a Paranormal Profiteer.

It was time to pull out the stash of liquid job booster, the multitab, and allow Armon to learn logic.

Fluffs pulled out her paint brush and got those young adult portraits painted. Cole really does have beautiful eyes.

The next day was graduation. Cole was voted mostly likely to become a millionaire. I really haven’t been pushing the money end of things, but they’re worth about 5.5M, so easy call. Armon was voted most likely to get married. Someone read my mind.

The questions are “Will Marla Doe, age 117, live to see the birth of her great-grandchild?” and “Will she ever actually die?”

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »
Armon: If cleaning was a skill, I’d be at least at level 7.
True.

Sorry, Armon...if only you had been born in the days of The Sims 2... ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »
I'm hoping you have some strange glitch and Marla is immortal for no real reason.  Maybe she could start clinging to a death flower?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »
@Malley , I never played TS2, but cleaning is a skill!
@PeregrineTook , No death flowers for Marla, but I really am curious about how long she will keep going. I'm so glad this never happened to me with a non-immortal in an immortal dynasty.

By the time Armon actually went to work he was nearly at level 8 in his career. The first spirit he caught was worth 1,000.

The next night he had to hunt for ghosts at Uncle Lee and Aunt Hesper’s very colorful and, thankfully, small house.

When Armon got home, the only one up was Leona.
Armon: So, tell me about your degree.
Leona: I have a post-mortem degree in fine arts from night school.
It’s surprising how many in the family get degrees after leaving.

By this time a few minutes of chess was all it took to fulfill Armon’s lifetime wish.

With his career completed, Armon could afford a couple of days off to get married…in his jammies. Cole, who had just gotten yet another makeover from the magic mirror, looked lovely.

Armon took a few minutes away from Cole to receive the key to Dragon Valley. Those were two impressive nights at work.
The woman with the white hair is Hesper, the only family member to attend the ceremony.

Olaf is now a young adult with the traits Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, Snob, Natural Cook, and Born Salesman. He auto-completed his lifetime wish, Bottomless Nectar Cellar.

The next day, Olaf went to city hall to register as a self-employed nectar maker and stuck around to graduate. The Doe house is across the street from the back of the court house so the family ran, walked, and shuffled their way over for the ceremony. Marla didn’t actually enter the building until after Olaf came out.

Olaf, you’re about 10,000 away from 100k happiness points. I hear chimes so you have three days.

Olaf: I’m squishing as fast as I can!
Start selling those bottles of nectar a few at a time from the racks. You should be fine.

Fluff’s entered a very dignified elderhood.

Followed closely by her loving husband.

C’mon guys, pay a little attention here! Do you realized the significance. Your legacy will be completed in mere moments.
Guys: Shush…chess.

And so with the birth of Dorri Doe, Eccentric and Good, the Does of Dragon Valley legacy comes to an end.

I think they earned 114 points. What I do know is that the family will be moving to Isla Paradiso on a scouting mission to see if I can make it playable as part of a random town jump.
I will report back here with pictures of Dorri at least as a toddler, and with an update on Marla’s longevity. She’s 122. My record is 152 (on the PS3).
Thanks for reading and commenting. It kept me going.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
Nice that Marla lived to see the end of it. She breaks even my personal longevity record! But I've heard of longer.

Good job completing this. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »
Congrats on completing your legacy, KRae! Looking forward to the Doe's joining the Matsuri's in Isla Paradiso  ;D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »
Congrats on finishing (and good luck to Marla) :).

Another vote for Olaf: did he get his LTW?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »
Congrats KRae, this was so much fun to read along. You make it all look like a piece of cake! *In Awe*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2015, 01:03:44 AM »
@Trip , Marla made it to 127. I've had older but not in a long time. Here's a picture of her death scene. I did move them to Isla Paradiso, house and all. On the floor next to toddler Dorri is a plant sim baby that Cliff planted and Marla harvested the day before her death. So basically we have a male, plant sim version of Marla.

Toddler Dorri - except for her skin tone, she's all Cole/Leona

Toddler plant sim, Dirk

@Alex , Thanks! Olaf earned 3 points - portrait, lifetime wish, and over 100k in happiness points.

Thank you, @Malley . Thing are playing smoothly in IP after following some of the suggestions here in the forum.

@hazelnut , Thanks! Olaf's ltw was Bottomless Nectar Cellar and he completed it immediately. The rush was to get the 100k in happiness points.

@Playalot , Than you. I know that you know how much I appreciate people actually reading this madness. Legacies are much easier than dynasties, especially if score doesn't matter. It's mostly about keeping them alive and not going nuts, well, more nuts.