Author Topic: The Grey Random Town Jump-The Final Town (May 1)-COMPLETE  (Read 26075 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump- Hidden Springs, Part V (May 12)
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
Team Catalina over here!!! Those freckles! @LivvieLove would adore her!!!

Catalina looked so much like Odessa--the freckles were such a cute feature on her!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump- Hidden Springs, Part V (May 12)
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
Hidden Springs, Part VI

After much debate and weighing the options, the next heir was chosen...and the winner is...CATALINA!

Moments like these, however, made me seriously question whether or not she would ever complete her lifetime wish.

While Catalina worked on her inventing, her future hubby, Gerard moved into the household and got a makeover.

His traits are Daredevil, Excitable, Savvy Sculptor, Hopeless Romantic and Artistic. Like Catalina, Gerard's lifetime wish was to become a Descendant of Da Vinci.

Post graduation, Catalina and Gerard soon had another reason to celebrate.

The celebrations continued when Catalina maxed the inventing skill.

The next skill she was going to tackle was painting.

With Catalina's skilling on track, she and Gerard planned their wedding. The scenery in Hidden Springs is quite lovely, isn't it?

The whole family was invited to the affair. Havana and Greg showed up, as well as Cassidy and Liam. Gerard's sister, whose name I don't know, is also in the picture somewhere.

Fast forward through lots of skilling and Gerard maxed out the sculpting skill.

Next up for him was the inventing skill.

But there was even more exciting news in the family.

Sahara and Jake were starting their family!

A few days later and it was time to welcome the newest Grey into the family.

Sahara and Preston welcomed Victoria into the family. She was a Friendly Loner.

In between taking care of their new addition, Sahara and Preston continued working toward their own lifetime wishes.

Catalina and Gerard weren't far behind. Catalina quickly maxed the painting skill.

Last but not least, it was time to start sculpting.

Of course, with little Victoria arriving in the family, Catalina's thoughts were elsewhere.

Soon, Catalina. Soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump- Hidden Springs, Part VI (June 22)
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »
A little Catalina clone would be rather outstanding!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »
Hi all! I am slowly re-uploading my photos after photobucket's lovely and super helpful terms of use changes. Thanks for bearing with me in this very slow process! I've already done the original Sakura Immortals and have started fixing others...it will be a while, but I'll get it fixed :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
Hi all! So, the summer took an unexpected turn with family issues for me, so I haven't really had a chance to update at all since June. I feel bad about neglecting this story but I don't know when I'll have time to commit to a full chapter update. Here's what I'm going to do instead: I'm going to post summaries for each town and its family members. If I get the time to do some full on chapters, I will. But, in the meantime, enjoy reading about the other heirs to the Grey RTJ :) I should have the first post momentarily.

EDIT: Town 3 is now up!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-*Note from Malley* (Sept 15)
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
Town 3: Isla Paradiso

The third town I rolled for my RTJ was Isla Paradiso. After completing my decadynasty there, I had a real soft spot for this world. However, while my file was relatively bug-free in the decadynasty, the RTJ was full of them. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through this generation. It was because of all the glitches and what not that I ended up choosing who I did for the next heir.

Jumping from Hidden Springs, here is where the family moved.

Catalina and Gerard had two sons, Denver and Dallas. Denver was born first.

He turned out to be quite a nice mix of his parents. Denver's traits were Loner, Loves the Outdoors, Perceptive, Brave and Technophone. His lifetime wish was to become a Master of Mysticism.

This is Denver's younger brother, Dallas.

Dallas' traits were Light Sleeper, Disciplined, Excitable, Flirty and Charismatic. His lifetime wish was to become Super Popular.

The boys were both great potential heirs but, based upon the glitches, bugs and issues I was having with this Isla Paradiso, I ended up selecting Dallas as my heir since his lifetime wish was obtainable far faster than Denver's.

Both boys got married. I have to say that Dallas' spouse also helped him to become the heir because I wanted some of those townie genes in this project.

First, here is Denver's spouse. This is Michell Scott, the daughter of Linda Scott and Rubisel Ichtaca.

Michell's traits were Brave, Over Emotional, Inappropriate, Photographer's Eye and Easily Impressed. Her lifetime wish was to become an International Super Spy. Not bad for a story progression townie spawn.

Dallas married a lovely lady named Crystal Arias-Greenwood. Notice her last name is Greenwood. Yep, she's a descendant of Harley Greenwood, one of the founders of my decadynasty. Unfortunately, he didn't marry Rei Matsuri this go around. Instead, Crystal is the daughter of Harley and Gabrielle Arias.

Crystal had pretty decent traits: Angler, Couch Potato, Genius, Loner and Workaholic. Those traits resulted in her desire to become a Professional Author.

Here are Dallas' stats as heir:

Name: Dallas Grey
Town: Isla Paradiso
Lifetime Wish: Super Popular
Career: Politics
Traits: Light Sleeper, Disciplined, Excitable, Flirty, Charismatic
Spares: Denver Grey
Spouse: Crystal Arias-Greenwood
Favorite Color: White

Sadly, my list of the names of the spares' children has disappeared. However, these three are Sahara and Jake's kids. I made sure to get their pictures before leaving Isla Paradiso.

The first, I know, is Victoria, all grown up. The other two, not sure. Hopefully I'll find my list and can update their names.

My list magically reappeared! The other two children are Kimberlee and Tomas. I'll continue updating the names of all of the Grey kids. Off to update the posts!

UP NEXT: Heir # 4

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-*Note from Malley* (Sept 15)
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
Town 4: Appaloosa Plains

The fourth town that I rolled was one of my personal favorites, Appaloosa Plains! I've spent a lot of time here in this world and have a real appreciation for it. My first attempt at an Immortal Dynasty was here (before the dreaded error code 12 destroyed it...) and then Haiiro's dynasty took place here. Also, when I town jumped in my Jolina DecaDynasty when the file got too bloated and buggy, the Jolina's ended up here in Appaloosa Plains. It's great to be back!

This is where the Greys moved to.

Catalina and Gerard moved out into their own place.

Courtesy of story progression, the two had a daughter. I believe her name was Lashanda.

Dallas and Denver lived together with their respective lives and the siblings started their families. Of course, things weren't always fun and games.

Denver was on his way to work at the gypsy wagon when this happened.

Yep, Denver was just narrowly missed by the meteor. It's a good thing too because, otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to move to this lovely house with Michell and have their three lovely children, Kenya, Washington and Kathy.

Back to Dallas and the next potential heir! For this generation, there were also two heirs to choose from. The first candidate was India.

Her younger sister was named Bristol.

Like Dallas and Denver, I had a difficult time choosing between the two girls. It ultimately came down to who finished their LTW first. India wanted to become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder and Bristol wanted to become a Paranormal Profiteer. In the race to finish their requirements first, the winner ended up being...

Bristol!

Here are her stats:

Name: Bristol Grey
Town: Appaloosa Plains
Lifetime Wish: Paranormal Profiteer
Career: Ghost Hunter
Traits: Daredevil, Good, Genius, Eco-Friendly and Eccentric
Spares: India Grey
Spouse: Bradford Blanco
Favorite Color: White

Both girls found love while in Appaloosa Plains.

India's husband was Kris Loveland. He was the story progression spawn of Grace Loveland and Rodney Singleton. His traits were Nurturing, Artistic, Brave, Natural Born Performer and Hates the Outdoors. Kris' lifetime wish was to become a Master Acrobat.

Bristol married a man named Bradford Blanco. He is also story progression spawn, the son of Juanita Blanco and Barrington Diamond. Bradford's traits were Brave, Unflirty, Family Oriented, Heavy Sleeper and Friendly. His lifetime wish was to achieve Perfect Mind, Perfect Body.

UP NEXT: Town 5!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Appaloosa Plains (Sept 23)
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
Town 5: Twinbrook

The fifth town in the Random Town Jump was Twinbrook. The Grey family packed up and moved to this lovely new abode.

India and Kris moved to their own place after a while and started their own large family. They had four children, Abigail, Janet, Regan and Judson.

I always liked to have two candidates for the next heir per generation, so Bristol and Bradford had two kids. The first born was Camden.

Second up was Boston.

Again, it really came down to who could complete their LTW first and who had a potential spouse. Based on these two requirements, Boston ended up becoming the next heir.

Courtesy of his dad's high level of logic, Boston was able to quickly learn from Bradford.

I love original townies so Boston's wife was original townie spawn: Teresa Sargeant.

Name: Boston Grey
Town: Twinbrook
Lifetime Wish: The Tinkerer
Career: None
Traits: Perceptive, Genius, Family Oriented, Rebellious, Computer Whiz
Spares: Camden Grey
Spouse: Teresa Sargeant
Favorite Color: Blue

Next up: Town 6, the halfway point!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Twinbrook (Oct 20)
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »
Woot!!  Almost halfway there!!  Nice job  :=)  So glad that you've still got this challenge going.  The Random Town Jump was one of the challenges I really enjoyed playing back in my Sims 3 days.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Woot!!  Almost halfway there!!  Nice job  :=)  So glad that you've still got this challenge going.  The Random Town Jump was one of the challenges I really enjoyed playing back in my Sims 3 days.

I feel bad that I can't dedicate enough time for full chapters, but I completed this challenge and want to see the story through to the end. It was fun, especially getting to cram in as many original townie genetics as possible!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »
Town 6: Roaring Heights

It was right around this time that I decided to splurge and buy Roaring Heights. Since there was no particular order of towns that I was going in, I figured that now would be a good time to check out my new world. The family had amassed a pretty good stack of simoleons, so they were able to afford this lovely abode upon arrival.

The first order of business was for Boston and Teresa to tie the knot.

Love must have been in the air. When the welcome wagon arrived, Camden found a man she took a fancy to.

By the end of the night, Camden and Gabe had hit it off so well that there were TWO engagements that day.

Everyone got settled in and started working on their skills and whatnot. Boston and Teresa also started working on bringing in the next generation.

Their first child was a little boy named Laramie.

A little girl named Edelira followed afterward.

Laramie and Edelira grew up into lovely young adults. Both ended up looking quite a lot like their Grandpa Bradford.

Laramie's traits were Light Sleeper, Family Oriented, Diva, Artistic Loves the Outdoors. His lifetime wish was to become a Star News Anchor.

Edelira's traits were Good, Friendly, Athletic, Computer Whiz and Avant Garde. The magical random roll gnomes were very kind to me in this generation with both kids' traits. Anyhoo, Edelira's lifetime wish was to achieve Perfect Mind, Perfect Body.

Based on their lifetime wishes, Edelira ended up becoming the next heir. Laramie, however, had quite a nice life of his own. He got together with his longtime friend, Goneril.

Edelira, however, was having a bit of trouble with her love life. Story progression paired her up with a pudding face NPC so, upon aging up into a young adult, they broke up.

He didn't take it too well, but that was tough tacos for him because Edelira had her sights set on another young man.

She fell for Edward Jones of the Jones family of original townies.

Edward and Goneril both moved in and the household was now very full, but that didn't stop Edelira from finishing her physical and mental pursuits.

Name: Edelira Grey
Town: Roaring Heights
Lifetime Wish: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body
Career: Law Enforcement
Traits: Good, Friendly, Athletic, Computer Whiz, Avant Garde
Spares: Laramie Grey
Spouse: Edward Jones
Favorite Color: Turquoise

Camden and Gabe moved out at one point but I apparently misplaced the picture of their house. Anyway, they had three children. Their kids had far more variation in genetics than Laramie and Edelira. So, courtesy of my list of names, Camden and Gabe had 2 children, not three. Where did that third kid come from? Bristol had another baby! The first two are Orlando and Yasmin, Camden and Gabe's kids. The third is Aaron, Bristol and Bradford's son.

Up next: Town 7!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Roaring Heights (Nov 3)
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »
Town 7: Sunset Valley

After a looooong absence, I'm back! Things have been unbelievably busy but I haven't given up on finishing this yet! The RTJ itself is done, but posting is another story.

Anyhoo...back with the story.

The next town is an oldy, but a goody, Sunset Valley.

The first order of business was to bring in the first candidate for heir.

Laramie and Goneril took this time to make their relationship official by Laramie popping the question in the most romantic location possible. Yep, the bathroom.

They moved out shortly after and had some children of their own, the pictures of whom will be posted further down.

Edelira and Edward...I feel like they knew I was watching and taking pictures of them.

Edelira: We know you're there, Watcher!
Edward: The Watcher isn't very stealthy.
Malley: *sigh*

Moving on. A few days later, it was time for the first potential heir to be born. Boston was completely unfazed.

Hudson was welcomed into the family.

A little sister was set to join the family a short time later.

She was named Adelaide.

As per the usual, there were two options for the Sunset Valley heir. First was Hudson.

His traits were Excitable, Perceptive, Technophobe, Rebellious and Kleptomaniac. Hudson's lifetime wish was to Become a Master Thief.

Hudson's future spouse was probably the expected choice for a young man in Sunset Valley but he ended up falling for her anyway: Bella Bachelor.

The second option was Adelaide.

Her traits were Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Adventurous, Shy and Snob. Adelaide's lifetime wish was to be Living in the Lap of Luxury.

Her spouse was Davy Linnell. Is he not the cutest little thing?

The winner ended up being Hudson and Bella as my next heir and spouse. While Hudson joined the criminal career track, Bella opted to become a magician. She booked a couple of shows and had Boston and Laramie/Goneril show up to them sometimes. Once, she picked Boston to participate in one of the shows. He didn't seem too pleased.

Hudson continued working on the athletic skill on his days off from the warehouse and ended up maxing it.

Adelaide had her own little rooftop studio thing where she practiced her skills. She sold enough paintings and the family amassed enough cash to complete her lifetime wish.

Bella followed shortly after...

And Hudson shortly after them.

Once everyone had made enough progress, there were back to back weddings.

With all of the kids married and ready to move on to the next town, it was time to say goodbye to Sunset Valley!

Heir Summary
Name: Hudson Grey
Town: Sunset Valley
Lifetime Wish: Become a Master Thief
Career: Criminal-Thief Branch
Traits: Excitable, Perceptive, Technophobe, Rebellious, Kleptomaniac
Spares: Adelaide Grey
Spouse: Bella Bachelor
Favorite Color: Orange

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Roaring Heights (Nov 3)
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
Town 7: Sunset Valley cont'd

I ran out of space for Laramie and Goneril's children, so they get their own post. Those Capp genetics are strong.

Name List for the win.

Their children were Hollie, Faith and Zackary.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Sunset Valley (Jan 19)
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
Town 8: Bridgeport

Following Sunset Valley, the family moved out to Bridgeport.

The first order of business, once again, was to try for the first potential heir. Hudson and Bella got right on that task.

A short time later...

Amero joined the family.

Amero was soon to become a big brother.

Little sister Geneva was welcomed into the household a few days later.

When it was time for Amero to age up into a child, his birthday cake was on fire. Edward didn't seem to mind, though. Party on, bro.

Fast forwarding (and avoiding any other disasters), Amero made it to his teen years. My choice of spouse for him was an obvious selection, courtesy of this sim's history in my dynasty...Deidre Littler!

Geneva also got a love interest. This is Zane Angelista. He is the story progression child of Matt Hamming and Tiara Angelista.

So, here are the potential heirs and their respective spouses.

Amero:

His traits were: Eccentric, Virtuoso, No Sense of Humor, Great Kisser, Nurturing. Amero's Lifetime Wish was to become a Hit Movie Composer.

Deidre:

The second choice for heir was Geneva:

Her traits were: Virtuoso, Neurotic, Supernatural Fan, Socially Awkward and Lucky. Geneva's lifetime wish was to become a One Sim Band.

Zane:

And the winner is...Geneva! This was simply because I unconsciously started doing a boy-girl pattern of heirs. Since the last heir was Hudson, Geneva was the next heir by default.

In the meantime, Amero and Deidre got married.

Geneva got to work on maxing her instruments. Not too well to start, if I might add. She looks like she's still having a blast, though, so I guess that's all that matters.

Once she was about halfway through her skilling, Geneva and Zane got married.

With a lot of persistence, Geneva maxed her final skill and completed her lifetime wish of One Sim Band.

Davy and Edelira, after moving out prior to Amero and Geneva growing up, decided their household was a little too empty and were expecting another child.

The kids of Edelira and Adelaide will be in the next post since I'm out of pictures :)

Name: Geneva Grey
Town: Bridgeport
Lifetime Wish: One Sim Band
Career: Music
Traits: Virtuoso, Neurotic, Supernatural Fan, Socially Awkward, Lucky
Spares: Amero Grey
Spouse: Zane Angelista
Favorite Color: Violet

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump-Sunset Valley (Jan 19)
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
Bridgeport Kids

I apparently misplaced my name list again (HOW?!), but here are the kids of Adelaide:

Found my list!

Sheena

Marlon

And Edelira and Edward:

Lynette

Eli

anything