Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159693 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Tessie Takeover
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »
I laughed way too hard at the beginning XD lol I loved that she took over.  That's brilliant, Pip!  Tessie sure is something else.  This is absolutely amazing ^^  --snickers-- Loved the monster-child comment.  Sounds like something my dad would say.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:12 PM »
Wow, you've been hard at work playing Tessie! She went from nooboo to teen in just two updates!
Your narrative oozes with how much fun you're having with your little heiress!
Blur and Ericka look great in their criminal outfits!
Don't keep us in suspense--do share what Tessie's aspiration is.  Oh, I guess that's the cliffhanger for your next update.

A mini-update that is a house tour would be really wonderful.
I always enjoy seeing how other simmers build their homes for form, function, or both!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2017, 05:11:31 PM »
"Unfortunately, the only book Mom really has an interest in having me read is my school book when she helps me with homework.  Actually, she just stands there and gestures reassuringly most of the time, but it seems to make her feel important, so I let her."

I love this whole thing!

Offline Alexandra88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »
I'm finally caught up! I basically raced through this story, it's so good. Can't wait to hear what Tessie's aspiration is, I'm loving her fashion sense!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
I laughed way too hard at the beginning XD lol I loved that she took over.  That's brilliant, Pip!  Tessie sure is something else.  This is absolutely amazing ^^  --snickers-- Loved the monster-child comment.  Sounds like something my dad would say.
Thanks!  You have no idea how much I debated about whether or not to have her take over the narration like that and whether to do it for the whole update or just a part, but it's great to hear that it was enjoyed  :=)  Must say, I adore my little Tessie!!
And yes, the "monster-child" comment just seemed like a very dad thing to say!

Wow, you've been hard at work playing Tessie! She went from nooboo to teen in just two updates!
Your narrative oozes with how much fun you're having with your little heiress!
Blur and Ericka look great in their criminal outfits!
Don't keep us in suspense--do share what Tessie's aspiration is.  Oh, I guess that's the cliffhanger for your next update.

A mini-update that is a house tour would be really wonderful.
I always enjoy seeing how other simmers build their homes for form, function, or both!
House tour seemed like a great suggestion, so you're about to get your wish!
I wasn't intentionally hiding her aspiration.  She actually hinted at it with her statement about how much she loved the artistic prodigy aspiration.  She's going to be my painter (and go for Fabulously Wealthy).

"Unfortunately, the only book Mom really has an interest in having me read is my school book when she helps me with homework.  Actually, she just stands there and gestures reassuringly most of the time, but it seems to make her feel important, so I let her."

I love this whole thing!
Aww, thanks!  Tessie has a really strong character voice in my head, so I'm glad others are also appreciating her voice.

I'm finally caught up! I basically raced through this story, it's so good. Can't wait to hear what Tessie's aspiration is, I'm loving her fashion sense!
Thanks so much for doing the marathon of reading to catch up! 
Tessie is, indeed, a fashion icon!
As stated earlier in the responses, I'm going Painter Extraordinaire (or whatever it's called) and Fabulously Wealthy for Tessie.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Took a Tour
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
Pippin:  We rejoin the Took household for something just a bit different.

Ericka:  Hey, everyone!  I'm down here, on the porch.  It was recently brought to Pippin's attention that the Took house itself had not received much attention since, well, generation one.

Ericka:  So, today, it is my pleasure to give you a tour of the Took Mansion and grounds.  Stepping through the doors behind me...

Ericka:  we find the grand entryway complete with a newly made over painting area with...gnomes.  Seems like lots of those have been popping up lately.  Have you noticed that, Tessie?
Tessie:  What?  Sorry, Mom, I wasn't listening.
Ericka:  Fair enough. Moving to your left...

Ericka:  we enter the original painting area.  Chantons now uses it, and in fact maxed painting just so he could mentor my little girl, but it was previously the dwelling place of every dynasty spouse.  This room has a focused aura, so most heirs use this desk to "complete homework while focused" twice while working on the Whiz Kid aspiration.  There's also a painting of some really pretty brunette on the wall.  Back in the open entry area...

Ericka:  we find the sunken party area.  There's a dance floor, instruments on a stage, a bar, and some tables.  Oh.  Well, there used to be instruments on the stage.  The guitar and violin have ended up in Chantons' inventory, but the piano's still there.  Anyway, this area has been used to help several of our parties hit gold.  Of course, it's also the key place for dance parties!

Ericka:  Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!  Anyway, moving to the other side of the downstairs area...

Ericka:  The middle room is the central hub of toddler care.  The rooms on either end each emit a flirty aura and were helpful back when the household used to have pollinators.  Now, well, Blur and I still enjoy them (winks).  And of course, they're also handy in getting an heir to pop a flirty whim...not that Blur and I ever needed their help.  Moving upstairs...

Ericka:  there is, realistically, a lot of wasted space.  Basically, the wall space is handy for spouse portraits, heir portraits, and photos of spouses and unique BFF's.  The crib room is never used anymore, the treadmills are neglected, the yoga mat rarely sees usage, and I think five total massages have ever been given.  Now, let's look at the spaces that do come in handy!

Ericka:  This is the reading room!  It spent most of its existence with unfinished walls and a few playful paintings to help fill party requirements.  Once Gaivan and Abernathy decided to complete the Big, Happy Family and Successful Lineage aspirations, a nice space to read to a child became quite handy.

Ericka:  See?  Happy reading time.  Just look how delighted Tessie was! Anyway, the only other significant area upstairs...

Ericka:  is the child skilling area!  It's been home to a few fires over the generations.  It's also right beside the gaming area which has been used only for party requirements.  Now, heading out to the grounds...

Ericka:  The Jeremy Epstein Memorial Garden.  It's still growing and thriving thanks to the combined care of Abernathy and Chantons.  Realistically, we have all the death flowers we could possibly need and Abernathy already did the gardening aspiration, but Pippin just can't bear to let the garden die.
Wishing Well:  Umm, it's also my home...
Ericka:  Yeah, the well's here, but it hasn't really been all that important.
Wishing Well:  Hey!
Ericka:  No, seriously.  Given that the heirs have until they hit elder to max their careers, the early promotions really don't make that much of a difference.
Wishing Well:  I...well...I look cool.
Ericka:  Yeah you do!  Moving on...

Ericka:  just beyond the garden we have the pumpkin carving tables and weenie roast area.  Both are helpful for party requirements, though we've only ever done one weenie roast.  Maybe I can convince Blur to do that as his final party?  Oh, and the trash plants?  Total accident.  And behind the house...

Ericka:  the wedding area.  Every heir has used this.  I wonder if Tessie will go ahead and marry her babydaddy?  Seventh generation makes things weird.  Moving along, we have something pretty special...

Ericka:  The museum!!

Ericka:  Gaivan's area is first with his collection of photos of food.  Then we have Abernathy's collection of serums.

Ericka:  Chantons did comedy books, while Wade collected gems (including Amelia who was quite the gem indeed).

Ericka:  Finally, Milo submitted children's drawings while my dear, sweet Blur added a collection of potions from the children's alchemy table.  And of course, there are adorable paintings of my dear Tessie in the area where her collection will go.  Oh, perhaps you're wondering where all these heirs whose items are on display in the museum are?

Milo:  So...fishing.
Gaivan:  And the...that we...because fish...
Blur:  You said it.
Pippin:  And thus concludes our scenic tour of the Took Estate.
Ericka:  True, but we're not finished yet.
Pippin:  We're not?
Ericka:  Nope!  My insane and childish daughter is now going to proudly display the full range of outfits she'll be rocking throughout her time as heir.

Pippin:  Ooooookay.  So, with five immortals, the sixth one promotion, a party, and an age-up away from immortality, and a fashion icon artist as our 7th heir, things are going well for the Tooks!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Took a Tour
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2017, 11:59:02 AM »
I loved the tour!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2017, 12:25:22 PM »
Thanks for the house tour, Pippin!
It's great to have a peek into another simmer's simming spaces, especially yours!  ;D

Loved the Tessie Lookbook at the end of the tour! She looks lovely.
The center outfit with the pink plaid skirt and animal hat is my fave! Reminds me of Ishikawa!

How brave of you to want to throw another wiener roast!

Great house, great tour, great update!

P.S. Dear Wishing Well, never fear! Pippin may find you useless now but you are worth your weight in gold during an RDC, as Pippin already knows.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
The house looks amazing!  Love that sunken party room.  It's a great idea.  May need to um, borrow it sometime, if I decide to go back to, or start an Immortal Dynasty XD.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2017, 09:41:32 PM »
The house looks great! I love the garden and the child reading room.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2017, 01:42:40 PM »
I loved the tour!
Thanks, it was really fun to shoot and write, so I'm glad it was just as fun to read!

Thanks for the house tour, Pippin!
It's great to have a peek into another simmer's simming spaces, especially yours!  ;D

Loved the Tessie Lookbook at the end of the tour! She looks lovely.
The center outfit with the pink plaid skirt and animal hat is my fave! Reminds me of Ishikawa!

How brave of you to want to throw another wiener roast!

Great house, great tour, great update!

P.S. Dear Wishing Well, never fear! Pippin may find you useless now but you are worth your weight in gold during an RDC, as Pippin already knows.
Yes, the Tessie lookbook was so much fun to shoot.  Of course, that was probably because it's Tessie and she is delightful!
The RDC logic is exactly why I was in such a rush to get a wishing well on the property.  Ah well (no pun intended), I'll probably be back in an RDC mindset before too long  ;=)
I didn't really think the weiner roast was that challenging to complete, though I did very blatantly set up the area to make it successful.

The house looks amazing!  Love that sunken party room.  It's a great idea.  May need to um, borrow it sometime, if I decide to go back to, or start an Immortal Dynasty XD.
The sunken room/area is neat-looking, but be warned, it can make screenshots more challenging.  I would have definitely set it up differently if I'd been thinking of screenshots when I decided where everything would go!  And feel free to borrow  ;=)

The house looks great! I love the garden and the child reading room.
I think the reading room may just be the space I'm most proud of, actually.  It came out looking so nice and cozy and like such a real house space.  Some of the other areas (like the entryway and sunken party area) are a bit more like things from glamorized movie reality or are built more for function and not for form/beauty. 

I also realized afterward that I completely ignored the dining room and kitchen, though those rooms have shown up in several party and birthday updates, so I figure everyone probably has a decent idea of what they look like.
Now, back to Tessie the Tooks!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Gnoses and Gnomes
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Tessie is hard at work on her aspiration.

Tessie:  I'm going to be a Painter Extraordinaire!  It's like being an ordinary painter, but with extra!
Pippin:  But Tessie doesn't have to work on the aspiration on her own.  Her lots of greats grandpa Chantons is mentoring her.

Chantons:  I see skies of blue and clouds of white
                 The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
                 And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Tessie:  Oh.  Well, I was going for a kitty and this one's supposed to be a puppy, so I guess I was way off!
Pippin:  But of course, the Took family doesn't just hang out at the house all the time...
Ericka:  Most of the time.
Pippin:  Yes, but not all the time!  Anyway, they head out to Narwhal Arms for some dance party fun!

Pippin:  In the front center, we see Keisha Spencer-Kim.  She's appeared several times, but this is her first shot since Gaivan gave her some taste of diet ice cream.  Wowza!  I had actually been considering her as Blur's cougar spouse before Ericka aged up oh-so-lovely!
Ericka:  Awww, thanks for your sweet and shockingly shallow compliment!
Pippin:  You're welcome...wait.  That may have been sarcastic...?

Pippin:  And as the dancing continues, you may be wondering where our heir is.

Pippin:  She and her mentor decided to take advantage of an easel standing free just outside the dance club to continue her skilling and aspiration work.
Tessie:  You said we decided.  That's not true.  That's a lie.  You're lying to them.
Pippin:  ...fair enough.  I decided.  But eventually, Tessie finished her painting and the party moved...

Pippin:  to Disco Pan Europa, or whatever it's called!
DJ Someone:  Woot!!  The dynasty fam is in da HOWSE!!!

Tessie:  I actually get to dance this time!!  I've got moves like Jagger!!  Not "jagger" as in "more jag" but like Mick Jagger, not to be confused with McJagger, because that would be Irish.
Pippin:  Indeed.  But in the background, two interestingly-nosed men were entering.

Pippin:  This is Arun.  His nose dares you to ignore it.
Arun:  Umm, why is your Watcher obsessing about my nose?
Saanvi:  Have you seen my husband's nose?  My husband the founder that Pippin created?
Arun:  Fair point.
Pippin:  And of course, the other one is Count Vlad, but Tessie didn't really spend any time interacting with him.

Tessie:  Mwah!  Mwah!
Arun:  Umm, thanks for kissing my cheeks, teen girl, but why did you just do that?
Tessie:  This is Disco Pan Europa or whatever it's called, and France is in Europa or whatever it's called, so it seemed appropriate to give you a French kiss!
Pippin:  NO!!  That's not what that's called!!
Tessie:  Umm, pretty sure if something's from France it's called French, Pippin.
Pippin:  Aaaaanyway, there is another easel outside this dance club!

Tessie:  Why do all dance clubs come with community access painting easels?
Chantons:  Sharing is caring for someone else
                 Sharing is caring for someone else
                 Giving something away gives you something back
                 Giving something away gives you something back

Pippin:  Yes.  Windenberg as a community is based on the ideals of preschools everywhere.
Tessie:  Oh, that makes sense!
Pippin:  ...I was being sarcastic.  Anyway, we return home, Tessie puts in a day of school, and then decides to hit the gym...which is near an easel.

Tessie:  Teehee, your nose is funny!
Vlad:  You mean because it's so long and pointy?
Tessie:  No, silly, because it's so much smaller than Grandpa Gaivan's!
Vlad:  Ah, you must be a Took heir.  I didn't know they were capable of having female heirs.
Tessie:  Oh, they aren't, but my Mom used the magic of strawberry pop.  Whoa, where are you going?

Vald:  Oh, it's  (huff) just part of (huff) the intense workout!
Tessie:  In tents workout?  So, like camping?  That's weird.  You're silly, mister...?
Vlad:  Count, actually.
Tessie:  Mister Countactually.
Vlad:  No, it's Count Vlad.
Tessie:  Mister Countvlad.  Got it, so Countactually must be your last name.  Mister Countvlad Countactually.  That sounds Swedish.
Vlad:  Ummm...
Tessie:  K, gotta go paint!  Let's hug it out!
Vlad Mister Countvlad Countactually:  Oh, I'm not really a hugger...

Vlad Mister Countvlad Countactually:  Well.  Okay, maybe just this once.
Pippin:  And our heiress returns home.  However, she was not the only visitor to the Took household.

Anabelle:  Oh, Chantons, do you truly still love me now that I'm an elder?  I mean, is there really still a reason for us to be together?
Chantons:  I could be handy, mending a fuse
                 When your lights have gone
                 You can knit a sweater by the fireside
                 Sunday mornings go for a ride
                 Doing the garden, digging the weeds
                 Who could ask for more
                 Will you still need me, will you still feed me
                 When I'm sixty-four

Pippin:  Yes, they're adorable!  It's possible that Anabelle gave birth to 4 more gals just to extend her life as long as possible.  Of course, they have plenty more time together in the Took on Parenthood storyline, so this is not the last we've seen of Chantons and Anabelle.
Anabelle:  Umm, morbid, Pippin.  I mean, I haven't been an elder that long, so I should be around here for a while yet.
Pippin:  ...fair point.

Tessie:  Level 8, woot woot!! 
Gned the Gnome:  ...
Tessie:  Yes, Gned, it's like woot, but twice!
Pippin:  That's great, Tessie!  How would you like to celebrate hitting level 8 of art?
Tessie:  Ice cream!

Pippin:  Umm, that's taste of diet...?
Tessie:  Diet tastes like mint!!!  No wonder people go on diets!!
Pippin:  ...okay...anyway...

Tessie:  I'm slender-er!!!
Pippin:  Yes.  That's totally a word. 

Tessie:  All sorts of slender-er!!
Pippin:  And meantime, Tessie has gotten to work on her museum pieces...

Tessie:  Paintings of my gnome friends!!
Pippin:  Of course.  Anyway, things are going well as Blur should hit level 10 in his career as soon as he gets back to work (he got promoted and ended up having the next three days off, so had to wait to have any chance to advance his career), one more party (which I probably could have already done, but Tessie is so glorious that I spent my time focused on her), and then it's just waiting for elderhood.  Meantime, Tessie has 6 out of 7 whims finished, is at level 8 of painting, 7 of piano, and 4 of logic, has two paintings finished for her collection, is at level 3 of Painter Extraordinaire, and level 2 of Fabulously Wealthy, will hit an A in high school her next school day, and is glorious all around!  Things are going well for the Tooks!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Gnoses and Gnomes
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
Hey, is that Strictly Business Gned the Gnome from my Apocalypse Challenge?
I'm happy to see that he's found a new home!
(Since you were still playing Sims 3 during my time on that challenge, you and I might be cosmic siblings or something.)

I love Blur in his criminal boss outfit! Keisha Spencer-Kim? Congrats on keeping that family going for so long!
So....is Arun on the list of hopefuls?
I know you must be deep in love with Tessie, Pippin! You haven't mentioned a peep about spouse prospects yet, hahahaha.

Tessie is so lovely! She seems to resemble mom a lot but does she share any of dad's features? Just wondering.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
I laughed way too hard at the by-play between you and Ericka, the shallow comment bit. Still giggling about it, in fact XD.

Tessie is such a treasure! Lol, love that there are always easels everywhere.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »
Hey, is that Strictly Business Gned the Gnome from my Apocalypse Challenge?
I'm happy to see that he's found a new home!
(Since you were still playing Sims 3 during my time on that challenge, you and I might be cosmic siblings or something.)

I love Blur in his criminal boss outfit! Keisha Spencer-Kim? Congrats on keeping that family going for so long!
So....is Arun on the list of hopefuls?
I know you must be deep in love with Tessie, Pippin! You haven't mentioned a peep about spouse prospects yet, hahahaha.

Tessie is so lovely! She seems to resemble mom a lot but does she share any of dad's features? Just wondering.
Gned the Gnome.  How funny!  Great minds think alike, I guess!
Yes, the Spencer-Kim household is still hanging on as are the Goths and Calientes.  The spencer-Kim line is the only non-Took pollinated original household, though.
Eh, to be honest, I'm not really sure on spouse prospects for Tessie.  That's the problem with Tessie being so awesome:  no one will ever be good enough for her  ;=)
Hmmm, resemblance to parents.  If only I had a collage for that...oh wait!!  I do!!

I think she got Blur's chin and jawline, but most everything else is at least Ericka influenced  ;=)

I laughed way too hard at the by-play between you and Ericka, the shallow comment bit. Still giggling about it, in fact XD.

Tessie is such a treasure! Lol, love that there are always easels everywhere.
Thanks!  I think the banter between Sims and Watchers can sometimes be the best part of an update, so I'm glad you enjoyed Ericka and I having some chat time :=)
Yeah, Tessie will do most of her "traveling abroad" in Windernberg since it is so painter-friendly  :=)

anything