Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159674 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Breaking Hearts and Taking Gnomes!
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2018, 01:35:51 AM »
Oooh, I went back and checked your stats! Blur is a svelte criminal boss in the awesome suit, the Took in the lumpy eSport Gamer jacket was Milo, lol.
Sorry Blur!!! How could I have forgotten that you and Ericka both joined the Criminal career!

Abernathy and Antonia--now, why am I not surprised? A certain watcher I know is such a sucker for female sims sporting the "Izumi hair."  ::)

Dream on, Ishaan. Tessie will never want you...until she does (or doesn't).
I loved her yelling at him to move his hand when he was feeling flirty, cuz she couldn't see The Stache! bwahahaha

Tessie is so close to finishing all her requirements! She's still a young adult, isn't she?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »
Oh, Tessie! I adore you. I also think it's fascinating that she's drawn to Grim and Mustache. Mustache gives her the one thing Grim can't:  facial hair.

The mannequin dance party was a delight, and a well-deserved celebration! Way to be awesome and complete all your goals, Tessie! And way to mark the occasion with gnomes!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2018, 05:08:22 AM »
I so want a Tessie/Grim nooboo! Why, Sims, why can't this be a thing? The Mustache thing is amazing, btw XD but my ship will always be Tessie and Grim (I'm utterly ignoring Blur at the end there... I don't want it! --sobs along with Blur)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
Oooh, I went back and checked your stats! Blur is a svelte criminal boss in the awesome suit, the Took in the lumpy eSport Gamer jacket was Milo, lol.
Sorry Blur!!! How could I have forgotten that you and Ericka both joined the Criminal career!

Abernathy and Antonia--now, why am I not surprised? A certain watcher I know is such a sucker for female sims sporting the "Izumi hair."  ::)

Dream on, Ishaan. Tessie will never want you...until she does (or doesn't).
I loved her yelling at him to move his hand when he was feeling flirty, cuz she couldn't see The Stache! bwahahaha

Tessie is so close to finishing all her requirements! She's still a young adult, isn't she?
Yeah, if Antonia had come along sooner, she might have ended up a dynasty spouse.  The Izumi hair and a redhead!
It's kind of amusing with the whole babydaddy concept for Tessie.  Realistically, no one is good enough for her, so I'm just letting that simple fact lead the craziness ;=)  And yes, she's still a few days from aging up to adult.

Oh, Tessie! I adore you. I also think it's fascinating that she's drawn to Grim and Mustache. Mustache gives her the one thing Grim can't:  facial hair.

The mannequin dance party was a delight, and a well-deserved celebration! Way to be awesome and complete all your goals, Tessie! And way to mark the occasion with gnomes!
Grim, Mustache, and Aubrie are such wonderful choices for babydaddies  ;=)  Tessie just makes the story so easy to write  :=)
I actually only recently discovered that Sims could dance with the mannequins, so of course that seemed like the most Tessie-appropriate activity ever!

I so want a Tessie/Grim nooboo! Why, Sims, why can't this be a thing? The Mustache thing is amazing, btw XD but my ship will always be Tessie and Grim (I'm utterly ignoring Blur at the end there... I don't want it! --sobs along with Blur)
I'd seen one dynasty in which Grim ended up being placed in a house randomly and I'd hoped a similar development would have come along to allow Grim to be Tessie's babydaddy.  I've certainly given them every chance to advance further into romantic interactions.
Yeah, I agree with the sobbing.  I'll miss Ericka.  A lot.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Still Going Strong
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household to find Tessie very impressed with the retail shop she'd visited, which led to...

Pippin:  Took Retail Goods.  The downstairs is the retail area...

Pippin:  complete with mannequin dance partners for Tessie.  Upstairs...

Pippin:  is an entertainment suite for immortals who have no real work needing to be finished.  Shortly after construction is completed...

Pippin:  Abernathy hires Amanda Moss. 
Amanda:  Oh, Mr. Took!  You're so charming!
Abernathy:  Charming?  More like I'm overwhelmed with such a powerful love like I've never felt before!
Amanda:  Heavens, I've never heard anything like that!
Abernathy:  I think we should get you a makeover.
Amanda:  Special treatment?  Just for me?
Abernathy:  You betcha!

Pippin:  It's kind of a Minnie Mouse sort of look, but you make that work.
Amanda:  And working is exactly why I'm here!

Pippin:  Working, eh?
Amanda:  Mostly working.

Pippin:  And working at the store was a fun activity for everyone to enjoy together!
Ericka:  I'm not sure you have the same definition of "fun" and "enjoy" that we have.
Pippin:  And in fact, the working went so well that we were soon able to hire another employee!

Milo:  This is Anika.  She's not wearing blue or orange.
Anika:  They're so nice!  They gave me a custom outfit and everything!
Amanda:  ...oh.

Pippin:  While Amanda was quite good at restocking sold items, Anika is quite good at dancing with mannequins.
Little Boy:  Mommy!  The mean lady won't let me get close to the outfits!
Pippin:  Seems like Anika was not making friends with Amanda nor the little boy, but somebody was quite good at making friends.

Tessie:  Babydaddy!
Aubrie:  No.  Bestie.
Tessie:  Same thing!
Aubrie:  Ummm, not really...
Pippin:  And someone else got in time with a close friend.

Ericka:  Tiana!
Tiana:  Hey, sis!  You're still going strong, eh?
Ericka:  Hey, somebody needs to keep this dynasty on track.
Tiana:  So true!  Let's get a drink.

Ericka:  Barkeep, do you have something that won't just flow through my ghostly sister?
Tiana:  Oh.  Ha ha.  You know you'll be a ghost before long, smartypants.
Ericka:  Too true.
Pippin:  And Blur was well aware of that reality and made sure to make the most of the time they have left together.

Blurange Blur:  So, sweetie, what say we move away from the "scenery" around here and have a date...all day...together...away from...this...
Ericka:  That sounds ideal!
Abernathy:  When I chose that outfit, this isn't how I saw it working out...

Blurange Blur:  Before we go in for a meal, I think I'll feast my eyes on my lovely wife.
Ericka:  Oh, sweetie!  You're such a mushball.
Blurange Blur:  True, but let's keep that between us.  I mean, the mushy crime boss instills fear in no one.

Pippin:  And the intimidating crime lord had a lovely dinner doting all over his adorable wife.
Ericka:  Indeed he did!
Pippin:  And after dinner, they did what any self-respecting Tooks would do..

Pippin:  they went dancing!
Ericka:  Are you checkin' out my moves, honey?
Blurange Blur:  Might have been checking you out, hot stuff!
Ericka:  You're terrible!
Blurange Blur:  It's true.  Perhaps we should go into the coat closet and your can show me the error of my terrible ways.

Ericka:  That sounds entirely necessary!
Pippin:  And since a certain lady vampire showed up, Gaivan also made an appearance.  However, Blur and Ericka quickly moved on to their final spot for the full-day date.

Blurange Blur:  Let's renew our vows!
Ericka:  Oh, I see.  Sucker me into feeling all committed to you before all those bachelor ghosts can have their shot, eh?
Blurange Blur:  Bachelor ghosts are the worst!

Pippin:  They're so cute!!  I now pronounce you still man and wife.

SMOOCH!
Blurange Blur:  So, you wanna go look at the stars?
Ericka:  Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Pippin:  It's so nice that we have so good, healthy couples in this dynasty.

Pippin:  And that we can ensure some more friend options for gen 8.

Pippin:  Even if Abernathy's approaches to it...

Pippin:  can make one sick.  Ericka is currently at 98 days.  Still going strong.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »
Amanda? Working? More like "working it"! lol 
Awww, but she soon loses her special employee status with the appearance of Annika.

How surprising to learn that Saanvi is pregnant once again. How many children do Gaivan and Saanvi have? I only remember the name "Marjorie" for some reason.
*flips back to Pippin's dynasty stats to check which Took got the Fertile trait...
Uh huh, that would be Abernathy. Why am I not surprised!?
For your sake, Pippin, I hope Antonia gives birth to a little redheaded girl. :D

I lurve the dynastic tradition of the Tooks romancing their very elderly spouses on the day-long date. It's so bittersweet. :(

Omg, what a surprise! In the final shot, Abernathy is chatting up yet another redhead!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Still Going Strong
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »
Amanda? Working? More like "working it"! lol 
Awww, but she soon loses her special employee status with the appearance of Annika.

How surprising to learn that Saanvi is pregnant once again. How many children do Gaivan and Saanvi have? I only remember the name "Marjorie" for some reason.
*flips back to Pippin's dynasty stats to check which Took got the Fertile trait...
Uh huh, that would be Abernathy. Why am I not surprised!?
For your sake, Pippin, I hope Antonia gives birth to a little redheaded girl. :D

I lurve the dynastic tradition of the Tooks romancing their very elderly spouses on the day-long date. It's so bittersweet. :(

Omg, what a surprise! In the final shot, Abernathy is chatting up yet another redhead!
That redhead that Abernathy is chatting up is Teagan Rouse.  She was pollinated during gen 2.  In fact, Abernathy had posed the idea of her as a potential spouse for his baby son, but Izumi shot that down since she'd surely be an elder or deceased by the time Chantons aged up.  Teagan does not show up as a vampire in the relationship panel, but she seems to have stopped aging after reaching adulthood. 
Yeah, the last date is a tradition I've enjoyed including in this dynasty.  There have been some incredible spouses and Ericka is definitely near the top of that list (in Rieko and Amelia territory).
Antonia has given borth, but we'll need to wait to see on the hair color.
I really liked that outfit on Amanda!  I may have to steal it for a controlled Sim in some future challenge  ;=)
What?  Abernathy got the fertile trait?  That's so weird!  (insert innocent face here)

And now I head off to post the hardest update of the challenge...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, In Ericka's Voice
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »
I've had an amazing life.  It's not everyone who gets to meet their true love during childhood.

He was a ridiculous and over-confident punk, but seemed to turn to mush around me.

Well, I guess he was both mushy and handsy,

but he was perfect.  I was lucky enough that my perfect guy was also the heir of a dynasty.  Together, we furthered that dynasty by bringing in the first female heir.

Dear Tessandra, my little princess.  Well, the days, months, and years flew by as our little girl grew up and my dear hubby fulfilled all of his dynasty requirements, but always found time for me...

even when I was no longer the young beauty I'd once been.  Ever the charmer, he took me on an amazing day-long date.  Of course, I knew it was because he knew I wasn't long for this world.  We went out for a fancy dinner,

we went dancing,

and we even went to renew our vows.

And we made out like love-struck teenagers.  Not gonna lie, I'm worried about how he'll be after I'm gone.
Fortunately, our watcher has provided some distraction.  He built the family a store,

and we started learning yoga together.

His balance is terrible, by the way.  Adorably and ridiculously terrible.
Being the ridiculous romantic he is, Blur has met me at the door every day as I've returned from work.

Right up until the day...

that Tessie's boyfriend also showed up to greet me. 
Yeah, my daughter's kind of dating Death himself.  Like I said, an amazing life.

I relaxed into my eternal rest right beside the man I love, right in front of the house that was my home, being reaped by the man who so loves my daughter and will likely be the father figure to my grandchild, and knowing that my passing is not in vain, but is rather to ensure my daughter's dynastic success.
It has been an amazing life...

Rest in peace, Ericka Rosa Took.  You were an amazing spouse, a fantastic mother, and truly manifested as the soul of this dynasty family.  You will be missed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, In Ericka's Voice
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
Awww, I love how you honor the passing of the spouses with a photo retrospect.
Rest in peace, Ericka. *sniffles into a soaking-wet hankie

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2018, 03:12:13 AM »
Awwhhh what a sweet way to say goodbuy to a character of your story.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
What a deeply touching tribute! That was lovely, and makes me want to go back and hug every one of my dynasty spouses. Here's to you, Ericka! *raises coffee cup garnished with tears*

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »
--sobbing uncontrollably in a puddle on the floor-- That was beautiful Pip!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:58 AM »
Awww, I love how you honor the passing of the spouses with a photo retrospect.
Rest in peace, Ericka. *sniffles into a soaking-wet hankie
Thanks.  It's always so hard to lose such an amazing Sim like Ericka.

Awwhhh what a sweet way to say goodbuy to a character of your story.
Thanks.  Glad you enjoyed her "send off."

What a deeply touching tribute! That was lovely, and makes me want to go back and hug every one of my dynasty spouses. Here's to you, Ericka! *raises coffee cup garnished with tears*
Losing Ericka brought up all of my sadness over losing Rieko and Amelia.  They were both so much more than just dynasty spouses and Ericka was definitely cut from that same cloth.  *answers with coffe cup raised in salute*

--sobbing uncontrollably in a puddle on the floor-- That was beautiful Pip!
Yeah, kind of found myself in my own puddle of tears with it.  Thanks.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, A New Hope
« Reply #298 on: February 17, 2018, 11:47:33 AM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where the time has arrived to bring in the eighth and final heir.
Tessie:  Both of them?

Pippin:  Both of whom?
Tessie:  The eighth and the final.
Pippin:  Wha...OH!  No.  Just the eighth who will also be the final.
Tessie:  Huh, that's a lot of pressure for a baby.
Pippin:  Aaaaaanyway, it's time to bring in the heir...
Tessie:  So open a window!
Pippin:  No, not air, heir.  Next generation of...you know what, never mind.  Let's just follow Tessie.

Pippin:  To the wishing well?
Tessie:  Hello, Welliam!
Wishing Well:   Uh, that's not my name...
Tessie:  Sure it is!  I need a babydaddy.  Not you, because you're made of bricks, but like a real person.  And it apparently can't be Grim, though I want the baby to be Grim's.  Can you do that?
Wishing Well Welliam:  I...I don't even understand the question...?
Tessie:  Great!

Wishing Well Welliam:  Uhh, okay.  here's the best pick-up line of all time.  Use it wisely...you know what, never mind.  Just use it however you want.
Tessie:  Deal!  (makes a phone call)

Tessie:  Hi Darren!
Arun Darren:  My name's...you know what?  Nevermind.  Hello, gorgeous.  Did you finally decide to dump the skeleton guy and get a real man?
Tessie:  Nope!

Tessie:  Am I from Tennessee?  'Cause I'm the only ten you see!
Wishing Well Welliam:  Ugh, she got it wrong!
Arun Darren:  Umm, are you flirting with me?
Tessie:  Let's make a baby!
Arun Darren:  Oh...I, uh...OKAY!

Arun Darren:  That was amazing!  Sorry I started crying halfway through.  It was just so beautiful!
Tessie:  I think I have a coat hanger stuck in my hair.  Ah well, time to use the bathroom!
Arun Darren:  ...but...don't you want to cuddle?  ...please?

Tessie:  Woot!  The magic baby gnomes say I'm pregnant!
Pippin:  Umm, there's no such thing as magic baby gnomes...
Tessie:  Then where does the confetti come from?
Pippin:  ...magic baby gnomes it is then.

Tessie:  Hey, Darren!  Grim and I are having a baby!
Arun Darren:  That's so great!  I...wait...what?
Tessie:  So, you and I will just be friends, K?  K!  (flirty texts Grim)
Arun Darren:  But...but I thought we...
Tessie:  Toodles!  (heads off on a date with Grim.
Arun Darren:  ...call me?

Tessie:  Hey, Gnomeycakes!  Notice anything different about me?
Grim:  ...is that a new hat?
Tessie:  No, silly, I'm having your baby!

Grim:  I'M THE LUCKIEST REAPER EVER!!!
Tessie:  Well, yeah, because you're with me, but we're also having a baby!
Grim:  That's awesome! 
Tessie:  Totes!
Pippin:  And as the days pass, the baby's father wasn't invited to be around and the baby's father was busy reaping souls, but the need for a continual support system was definitely present.  And who should step up to that challenge but our quiet and in the background immortal support Sim, Wade.

Wade:  So, are you sure you're fine?  You don't need to rest for a bit?  Maybe I could call Grandpa Gaivan in to give you a relaxing massage?
Tessie:  Nah, I'm good Gabe!
Wade:  Wade.  My name's Wade.  You've known me your whole life.
Tessie:  Okay, Gabe.
Pippin:  And even when he wasn't immediately present, he was still helping out Tessie by being artistic inspiration.

Tessie:  Gabe!  I painted a picture of you and Grandpa Abercrombie!!
Wade:  (facepalm)
Pippin:  Meantime...

Blurange Blur:  I miss her so much!
Pippin:  Our forlorn fellow managed to get in a date with his ghostly beloved...because she invited Tessie out and Tessie invited him along, but let's not tell him that.

Tessie:  This is why I'm their favorite daughter!
Pippin:  Well, that and the lack of competition, but even if you had competition, yeah, you probably still would be.

Blurange Blur:  I've so missed your beautiful face!
Ericka:  Is that why you stare at my painting like a creeper?
Blurange Blur:  ....maybe.  It seemed romantic until you put it that way...
Pippin:  And while they were making out up for lost time, Tessie was keeping herself occupied.

Pippin:  And the lovebirds got in some more time...

Pippin:  and later on, these lovebirds also got in some time...

Pippin:  and so did these ones.

Pippin:  Between Gaivan's vampire brood and Abernathy's cluster of illegitimate pollination offspring, we should have plenty of friend options for gen 8.  Speaking of gen 8, anything yet, Tessie?

Tessie:  A painting!  It's a painting of...
Pippin:  Yes, clearly gnomes.  I meant any labor pains or anything?
Tessie:  Painting is my job, so it's labor.  No pains, though.
Pippin:  Ugh!
Tessie:  Oh, I think I'm having the baby now!
Pippin:  YES!  Finally!  And it would only be proper to invite the baby's father along.
Tessie:  Okay!

Tessie:  Hey, Gnomeycakes!
Grim:  Hey, hot stuff!
Pippin:  Oh.  Not the father I'd expected. 
Doctor:  Well, nurse, he's already reaped me, so it must be your turn.
Grim:  No no, I'm here because this is my child.
Tessie:  Our child!  With me!  And both of us, even!
Doctor:  ...I have no idea what to think of that.  Let's go extract that...child...then...

Tessie:  Is this a burrito-making machine?  I'll bet it could make really big burritos!
Doctor:  Umm...okay...

Tessie:  Hey!  There's a baby over there!
Doctor:  Yes.  That would be your baby.
Tessie:  Where's Gnomeycakes' baby?
Doctor:  Gnomey...?  You mean Grim?  Yes.  That's his too, I guess.
Tessie:  Awesome!
Doctor:  So, what are you going to name your daughter?
Tessie:  Erina, after her grandma.
Pippin:  Aww, that's sweet.

Tessie:  And look how happy she looks!!
Pippin:  Welcome to the family, Erina.  All of our hopes are on your tiny, little shoulders, but you have a house full of love, support, and insanity to help you along your way.  Of course, you've also got a Watcher and forum full of supporters.  Things are, indeed, going well for the Tooks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, A New Hope
« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
When Welliam first appeared, I thought Tessie was going to wish for a love interest.
(Is that even a thing? Obviously, I only use the well for career promotions, LOL!)
Rofl, poor lovesick, romantic Arun! He's moved to tears during closet woohoo but then gets kicked to the curb with a "Toodles." *sheds a croc tear

Noooo, Pippin!  You don't get to virtually ignore Wade for most of the updates then Tessie gets his name wrong! #JusticeforWade

Welcome to your new home, wee Erina. (She looks terrified!)

Hilarious update, Watcher. :D