Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 13829 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Fish and Frogs (June 24)
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
Lovely update overall, but that house just stole the show!  It looks so like it fits into the time period and gives you so much room to stage your screenshots (which we al know is what we want most in a house).  Lovely work!
Daisy drawing the attention of all the boys was rather lovely!
Thanks!  The house is working pretty well for screenshots which, as you say, is of utmost importance.  I haven't done much on the second floor or outside so the next generation will still have something to contribute.

Poor Andrew! He's a bit of a worrywart.
Now he has not only the nanny to deal with but also "all the boys in the yard." Hahahahaha!
What a productive day the family enjoyed at Sylvan Glade!
The house looks wonderful. I especially like your choice of decor/furnishings in the dining room.
It will be fun watching the house grow with the family!
And I love the typewriter!
I think I might put the typewriter in some of my other saves, too.  It really seems like an object that should be included.
I don't know why my games generate so many boys as childhood friends.  I get a mix of male and female teens, but the kids seem to be mostly boys.
I'm glad you like the house.  It will definitely evolve along with the family.

I love your historical look! And your Sims are making good progress, too.
Thank you!  This has been a fun one to play.

Ohh so many boys. Good she has a big brother to watch out for her.
Lovely house too.
Will the time evolve too with every generation?
It is a lot of boys! 
My plan is to gradually progress forward through time with each generation.  I mapped out some basic guidelines for myself when I started.  The biggest changes will happen in the last 4 or 5 generations because that's when technology really takes off.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Friends and Neighbors (July 1)
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Friends and Neighbors

Aster:  Look at me!  I reached the top of the manual labor career.
10a manual labor.jpg

Andrew:  Thatís great son.  Maybe some day youíll reach the top of an adult careerólike your old man.
10b Patron of Arts.jpg

Aster: Mama, may I throw a dinner party to celebrate my promotion?  And Papaís, too, of course.
Shari:  I think thatís a wonderful idea.  Iíd love to meet your friends. 
10c party ask.jpg
Aster:  Excellent!  Only, you may want to have the closet ready. Iím afraid you might be shocked by some of their clothing.

Shari:  Welcome to our home.  The closet is in the bedroom at the top of the stairs.  You canít miss it.  We have many long dresses to choose from.
10d Welcome closet.jpg

Shari:  Well, this is better!  A little informal, perhaps, but it will do.  Whatís your name dear?
Girl in plaid:  Iím Ayaka, maíam.  Pleased to meet you.
Girl in red:  You have a lovely home, Mrs. Behr.
Shari:  Thank you.  The closet is at the top of the stairs.  First door on the left.
10e plaid girl.jpg

Shari:  Wendy, dear, you are simply lovely.  Are you a schoolmate of Asterís?
Wendy:  Yes maíam.  But we also work together in the manual labor career.
Shari:  Beautiful and hardworking?  Iím impressed!
10f Wendy.jpg

Aster:  What do you think, Mama?  Did you get to meet W--? Um, excuse me, Daisy.  This is a private conversation.
Daisy:  Hmmph!  Iím just getting some cake!
10g private convo.jpg

Daisy:  Why do we have to eat in the kitchen?  Most of the guests have already left.
Fig:  Who cares where we eat?  Thereís cake!
10h kids cake.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Shari:  Welcome to the Grotto, Daisy and Fig!  I brought Aster here when he completed all his childhood skills and aspirations.  Now itís your turn.
Fig:  This is neat! Iíve never been in a cave before.
10i Grotto.jpg

Daisy:  I think Sylvan Glade is prettier, but the Grotto has soooooo many fish!
10j fish.jpg

Andrew:  Would you look at that?  My little girl caught a vampire squid!
10k squid.jpg

The next dayÖ

Andrew:  UmÖShari?  Why is our old nanny in the kitchen?
Shari:  He appeared among the list of available caterers.  I thought he might enjoy seeing the twins age up.
Andrew:  As long as he leaves when the party is over.
10l Nanny.jpg

Fig:  Happy Birthday Daisy!  You go first.
Daisy:  Thanks Fig.  Wanna see me cross my eyes?
10m Daisy candles.jpg

10n Daisy collage.jpg
Traits: Geek, Bookworm   Aspiration: The Curator

Daisy:  Now you, Fig!
Fig:  Here I goÖ
10o Fig candles.jpg

10p Fig collage.jpg
Traits: Music Lover, Cheerful   Aspiration: Angling Ace

Evelyn:  The twins aged up well, Shari.  You have such a nice family.
Shari:  Thank you, Evelyn, but you seem quiet today.  Is something wrong?
Evelyn:  Itís just that Iím worried about my daughterís future.  I have a huge favor to ask you, but feel free to say no.
Shari:  Evelyn, you are my oldest, dearest friend.  If I can help you, I will.
10q Evelyn favor.jpg

Shari:  So you see, Andrew, as an unwatched Sim, Betsy will never have a family of her own unless we intervene.
Andrew:  I understand your desire to help Evelynís daughter, but what does Jamar have to do with it?
10r Shari asks1.jpg
Shari:  Evelyn thinks Betsy and Jamar fancy each other.  All we have to do is invite Jamar to live with us long enough to court Betsy. 
Andrew:  And what about the Legacy?  Is such a thing allowed?
Shari:  Technically, Jamar would be called a secondary spouse, but in name only.  I doubt he would even be with us long enough to earn any points. 
Andrew:  The McClures have been great neighbors.  Iíd hate to see their house empty.
Shari:  Exactly.  So youíll invite Jamar to move in?
Andrew: Me!?  Arenít you going to ask him?
Shari:  At this point, you have a higher relationship with Jamar than I do.
10s Shari asks2.jpg

Andrew:  This is rather awkward, Jamar.  Basically, Iím offering you a place to stay.  That is, until you secure the affections of Miss Betsy.  Then youíll move in with the McClures.
10t Andrew Jamar.jpg

Jamar:  Miss Betsy, what a pleasant surprise!
Evelyn:  You two have a nice chat.  Iím just going to take out Shariís trash for her.
10u Betsy.jpg

Andrew:  Did I see Miss Betsy earlier?  How are things going between her and Jamar?
Shari:  I havenít asked, but I expect they are getting along very well.
10v Jamar Betsy.jpg

Watcherís note:  Jamar was already an adult when Shari met him during the first week.  He should be an elder by now, but he has not aged.  I expect that will change now that Iíve moved him into the house.  Betsy is a young adult.  She is the only daughter of Evelyn and John. 

The new dress on teen Daisy, Betsy, and the Girl in Plaid is by Thortis and comes in 29 color combos (which means youíll see it a lot).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2018, 11:23:34 PM »
Congrats to Andrew and Aster for maxing their careers! Yay!!!
Oh, Wendy is a very pretty girl. Crossing my finger that she gets three unique traits.
All the kids have aged up so nicely! Nice traits and good aspirations, too!
I have never used the Exemplar succession law. Does this mean you wait until both Aster and Daisy are young adults?
Then, whoever has Loves the Outdoors becomes the heir or, if neither does, Aster becomes heir?
I'm curious what percentage of your heirs will ultimately be first-born.
Among my Sharebears, both Benicio (Gen2 heir) and Hakuto (Gen4 cadet) have had the Loves the Outdoors trait.

I don't get why Andrew is so uptight about the nanny. Is he jealous?

What a brilliant move to help ensure the continuation of the McClure household!
Good-looking immortal sims can be so handy!!! I giggled that Evelyn comes over to "take out the trash" when Jamar first invites Evelyn over, hahaha.
Great update!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2018, 02:54:28 AM »
The twins aged up well. Congrats on Aster and Andrew achievements. I didn't thought about it before, but even the jobs are fitting to the time period.

It's fun to see you "properly" dress the young women so they may fit better in the story. And the return of the nanny! I think he'll always make me smile.

Also, it's very kind of Evelyn to be helping out with the trash to give privacy to her daughter. She'll makes a great grand mother, and I'm interested to see how her family will evolve.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2018, 12:22:07 PM »
Congrats to Andrew and Aster for maxing their careers! Yay!!!
Oh, Wendy is a very pretty girl. Crossing my finger that she gets three unique traits.
All the kids have aged up so nicely! Nice traits and good aspirations, too!
I have never used the Exemplar succession law. Does this mean you wait until both Aster and Daisy are young adults?
Then, whoever has Loves the Outdoors becomes the heir or, if neither does, Aster becomes heir?
I'm curious what percentage of your heirs will ultimately be first-born.
Among my Sharebears, both Benicio (Gen2 heir) and Hakuto (Gen4 cadet) have had the Loves the Outdoors trait.
I don't get why Andrew is so uptight about the nanny. Is he jealous?
What a brilliant move to help ensure the continuation of the McClure household!
Good-looking immortal sims can be so handy!!! I giggled that Evelyn comes over to "take out the trash" when Jamar first invites Evelyn over, hahaha.
Great update!
It's funny that you should mention wanting Wendy to get three unique traits because Shari is hoping for the same thing.  Since we're still early in the legacy, the odds are good!
Yes, you've got it right on the Exemplar law.  Most of the time, we'll probably have to wait for all heir candidates to become YA before we know (which is why I'll probably keep the numbers small).  The only way we would know sooner is if the oldest child gets the Exemplar trait early on.  For example, if the oldest child got Loves the Outdoors as a their child trait, then they would automatically be the heir because even if a younger sibling also got the trait, it would default to the oldest.  I used the Exemplar law for a legacy I did on my own when I first got the Sims 4 and all of my heirs ended up having the trait, but I doubt I'll be that lucky this time.
I'm not sure why Andrew doesn't like the nanny either, but he doesn't, and the game won't generate a new one.  Maybe it's because the nanny is always flirty and Andrew is unflirty?  I think I might try hiring a butler, but I'll wait until the next generation because they don't really need help right now.

The twins aged up well. Congrats on Aster and Andrew achievements. I didn't thought about it before, but even the jobs are fitting to the time period.
It's fun to see you "properly" dress the young women so they may fit better in the story. And the return of the nanny! I think he'll always make me smile.
Also, it's very kind of Evelyn to be helping out with the trash to give privacy to her daughter. She'll makes a great grand mother, and I'm interested to see how her family will evolve.
I'm glad you noticed that the careers fit the time period.  It just wouldn't feel right to have an astronaut or a tech guru or an internet personality in the 1800s!  It means I have to be more careful about planning the careers, but I think I can get them all in.
You'll get to see more of Evelyn's family in this update.  I hope you like them!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Work and Play (July 7)
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
Work and Play

Andrew:  Will Jamar and Betsy be joining us in Granite Falls?
Shari:  I donít think so, dear.  Betsy is in no condition to travel, and Jamar will stay here in case she needs him.
11a Betsy pregnant.jpg

Shari:  This is such a nice place you rented, Andrew.  Itís a shame we can only stay a short while.
11b Shari Andrew chat.jpg
Andrew: I hope we can come back again someday.  Did you see the best part?  The house has not one, but two indoor water closets.
Shari:  Indoor water closets?  Like they have in the White House?
Andrew:  Yes, and fancy hotels have them, too.
Shari: How does that work?
Andrew:  I intend to find out.
11c water closet.jpg

Aster:  Thanks for mentoring me, Papa.  I hope I can learn to carve camping mascots before we leave.
11d handiness.jpg

Fig:  Have you seen Mama, Daisy?
Daisy:  She was over there by that bramble patch the last time I saw her.
11e brambles.jpg

Fig: How do you always find the secret places, Mama?
Andrew:  Iíve learned not to question your motherís instincts, son.
11f hermit area.jpg

11g collage.jpg

Daisy:  I remember this game, Papa.  Didnít you promise to get one for the backyard?
Andrew:  This time I wonít forget, princess.
11h horseshoes.jpg

Shari:  Aster, did you study the camping mascot?
Aster:  Yes Mama, we can leave whenever you are ready.
11i mascot.jpg

After a very short trip to Granite Falls, the family returns home so that Shari can go to work, Aster can have his Young Adult birthday, and Jamar can move in with Betsy.

Daisy:  Did you miss us while we were gone, Bluebell?  Were you a good girl for Uncle Jamar?
11j Daisy Bluebell.jpg

Shari:  Iím glad we got home in time for me to go to work.  I received my last promotion today!
11k Shari career.jpg
Andrew:  Congratulations!  And the royalties you earned today completed your Fabulously Wealthy aspiration.
Shari:  Thank you, dear.  I think Iíll do Friend of the World next.  It should be an easy one.
Andrew:  Iíll have Aster make the arrangements for his own birthday party tonight.  Maybe he can invite some people you havenít met yet.

Shari:  How were things while we were gone, Evelyn?  Iím sorry that I missed your birthday.
Evelyn:  Oh, I hardly noticed my birthday, myself.  Iím a Grandmother now!  Thatís all I can think about.
11l Evelyn talk.jpg

Andrew:  To my eldest son on his young adult birthday!  And let it be known that I have once again made a successful toast, even if it took me five tries to do it.
Aster:  Stop it, Papa.  Youíre embarrassing me.
John:  I still think itís funny.
11m toast.jpg

Shari: (thinking) My baby boy is becoming a man.  I wonder if heíll be the heir.
Wendy (thinking) Heís so cute.  I wonder what his mother meant when she said she hopes I get a unique third trait?
11n party1.jpg

Andrew:  I realize you just became a young adult, son, but have you decided on a career?
Aster:  Well, my third trait is Ambitious.  What do you think of the Political career?
Andrew:  HmmÖPresident Behr.  That has a nice ring to it.
11o party2.jpg

Daisy:  Uncle Jamar!  Where did you go?  Aster already blew out his candlesÖoh!
11p Jamar Bluebell.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Andrew:  Well this is a new experience-- having my son mentor me.   When did you max logic?
Aster:  Ages ago.  Now pay attention because Mama is trouncing you.
11q logic mentor.jpg

Andrew:  Wait!  Youíve already maxed painting, too?
Aster:  YeahÖ you canít mentor me anymore, but you can help me with this political mural if youíd like.  I need to finish quickly.  Mama wants to visit Ms. Evelyn tonight.   
11r mural.jpg

Shari: Itís nice to finally meet your grandson, Evelyn.  Heís a handsome little fellow!
Evelyn:  Kellen is handsome and a handful.  He got the fussy trait.
11s Kellan.jpg

Evelyn: Come upstairs.  There is someone else I want you to meet.
11t Melany.jpg
Shari:  A baby girl!  Congratulations!  And Andrew was the first to make it upstairs to meet her.

Evelyn:  I canít thank you enough for everything youíve done for my family.  You are such wonderful neighbors!
Shari:  The feeling is mutual.  I hope the Behrs and the McClures will always be neighbors.
11u Evelyn.jpg

Shari:  I know itís getting late, but I hope we have time to let Daisy and Fig work on their aspirations.
Andrew:  Donít worry.  We have Rally the Troops; we can stay out all night if we have to.
Shari:  How is the collecting going, Daisy?
11v Daisy collects.jpg
Daisy:  Okay, but my crystals arenít registering for some reason.  I think Iíll help Fig with his fishing for a while.

Shari:  It took all night, but at least Fig got his aspiration completed.
Andrew:  Itís a good thing Daisy decided to help him.  She caught the red-tailed shark that counted as the 20th fish.
11w fishing collage.jpg

Shari:  Now we can finally go home.
Andrew:  Who are these extra people we brought with us?
Shari: (whispers) They are the potential love interests for each of our children.  I think itís about time we got to know them.
11x couples.jpg
Andrew:  Thatís not really something I want to think about.
Shari:  Just smile and say hello.

Notes:  Betsy gave birth to a boy (Kellen) while the Behrs were in Granite Falls.  She and Jamar tried for a baby again when the Behrs returned.  I moved Jamar out without knowing if Betsy was pregnant again or not.  It was a pleasant surprise to find they had a daughter (Melany).

Also, we are adding indoor plumbing to the house (but still keeping the outhouse for a while).  Only the most Ďrusticí looking toilet and sinks will be used, and only bathtubs (no showers).  The White House got indoor plumbing in 1833, and fancy hotels had it even earlier.  Since Aster is a YA now, I figure that we are somewhere in the early 1840s with the Behrs.

And finally, since Aster did not get the Loves Outdoors trait, we will have to wait until Daisy is a young adult to find out who will be the heir.  If Daisy gets Loves Outdoors, she will be the heir.  If not, then the title goes to the firstborn which is Aster.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
Such a great legacy still. I don't know whether to root for Daisy to get that Loves the Outdoors trait or not, Aster's friend Wendy is so pretty. I loved Sheri changing out everyone's outfits, that was so funny. Oh, good, Evelyn's line will continue, I hope Betsy gets to befriend our Gen 2 kids, I love the idea of working to keep beloved neighbors' families alive through a dynasty/legacy. Thanks again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.† My sims are all here.
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2018, 11:34:25 PM »
I'm happy to find your story while it's still early in your legacy.  I'm really enjoying it.  The historical aspect is intriguing and unique. I love the friendship with the McClures - knowing and really being friends with the neighbors is really in keeping with the historical element - not like these days when neighbors sometimes go years without ever getting to know each other.  And that ever-returning nanny!  So funny!  Looking forward to watching your clan grow!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »
Time for some proper love interest inspections! Everyone, line up! Show your teeth!

I'm enjoying this lovely period piece.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »
Such a great legacy still. I don't know whether to root for Daisy to get that Loves the Outdoors trait or not, Aster's friend Wendy is so pretty. I loved Sheri changing out everyone's outfits, that was so funny. Oh, good, Evelyn's line will continue, I hope Betsy gets to befriend our Gen 2 kids, I love the idea of working to keep beloved neighbors' families alive through a dynasty/legacy. Thanks again!
I'm glad you liked Betsy's little side story.  Jamar seemed like the obvious choice for her.  I'm really happy that he was still around.
I don't think I could pick between Aster or Daisy for heir, either.  Luckily, I've left it up to chance so I don't have to.

I'm happy to find your story while it's still early in your legacy.  I'm really enjoying it.  The historical aspect is intriguing and unique. I love the friendship with the McClures - knowing and really being friends with the neighbors is really in keeping with the historical element - not like these days when neighbors sometimes go years without ever getting to know each other.  And that ever-returning nanny!  So funny!  Looking forward to watching your clan grow!
Thanks!  I'm really happy that you found all of the Sharebears! When I started this, I really didn't have any big plans for the McClures, but the friendship just seemed to make sense as I went along.  I'm glad that it comes across as authentic.

Time for some proper love interest inspections! Everyone, line up! Show your teeth!
I'm enjoying this lovely period piece.
So true!  A legacy family has to properly inspect the love interests, you know.  We don't want any bad traits or narrow shoulders in the next generation!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Heir and the Spare (July 15)
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
The Heir and the Spare

12a portraits.jpg

Andrew:  Happy Birthday Shari!
Shari:  And Happy Birthday to you, too, dear!
12b adult bday.jpg
Andrew:  I have to admit that itís nice to be an adult.  It felt strange to be the same age as Aster.
Shari: I agree. The potion of youth creates some strange age differences sometimes.

Fig:  Have you been outside talking to Bluebell, Mr. John?
John:  How did you know?
12c John.jpg
Fig:  Just a hunch.

Andrew:  He really should know better, but itís not polite to swallow party guests, Bluebell.
12d cowplant.jpg

The next morning:

Daisy:  Fig, are you eating a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast?
Fig: Mmmhmm.  Itís my new aspiration. 
12e Fig GC.jpg

Fig:  What did you choose after you finished the Curator, sis?
Daisy:  I chose Freelance Botanist.  Itís been done before, but Mama says it will be good for points. 
12f Daisy garden.jpg

Andrew:  I thought Fig completed Angling Ace, Shari.  Why are we still fishing?
Shari:  Because we still need two more fish to complete our collection.
12g fishing.jpg

Aster:  I caught an Anglerfish!  Is that one of the ones we need, Mama?
12h Anglerfish.jpg
Shari:  Yes!  Good job son!  I have to go to work now.  Could you and your father keep fishing at another location?

Aster:  I got a Piranha on the first try!  Thatís the last one we needed.
Andrew:  Apparently Iím just here for moral support. 
12i fish collection.jpg

Aster:  Thanks for coming over, Wendy.  Not that Iíve been obsessively checking my relationship panel or anything, but I canít help but notice that you are a young adult now.  A very beautiful young adult, if I may say so.
12j Aster.jpg

Wendy: Oh Aster!  Youíre so sweet!  *spontaneously flirts*
12k Wendy flirts.jpg
Aster: (to himself) Wow! That was surprisingly easy.  *clears throat*   May I have the pleasure of your company on a date this afternoon?

Aster:  Since weíre both art lovers, I thought you might enjoy the museum.  But we can go somewhere else, if youíd rather.
Wendy:  The museum is perfect!  And my third trait is perfectionist, by the way, so I donít use that term lightly.
12l museum1.jpg

Aster:  So WendyÖyouíve met my family, but I donít know much about yours.  I donít even know where you live.
Wendy:  There isnít much to tell.  My younger brother Daniel and I are Not-In-World sims.  I think you already know Daniel.  He was in Daisy and Figís club when they were kids.
12m museum2.jpg

Aster:  It makes me nervous that you donít have a home.  Iím going to ask Mama to add you to the family club so I know youíll be safe.
Wendy:  I would love to join your familyÖclub.
12n museum3.jpg

Back at the house:

Daisy:  Daichi, will you do me a favor?
Daichi: Of course, Daisy.  Weíre best friends.  What can I do for you?
Daisy:  You know I think youíre perfect, but my parents are really strict about things like collared shirts andÖumÖshoes.  Would you consider changing your wardrobeÖjust a little?
12o Daichi before.jpg

Daichi:  Sure Daisy!  I could wear shoes.  As long as I donít have to change my hair.
Daisy:  I didnít realize you were so attached to your hairstyle.
Daichi:  I admit itís unusual, but itís part of what makes me unique, you know.  Howís this?  Do I look good in blue?
12p Daichi after.jpg

Daisy:  Thanks for agreeing to do a makeover, Daichi.  Iíll see you tomorrow at my birthday party.
Daichi:  Anything for you Daisy.
12q embrace.jpg

The next day:

Andrew:  Today is the big day!  Weíll finally find out who will be your heir, Shari.
Shari:  Yes, itís exciting! Although it really doesnít matter to me which one gets the title.  It will just be nice to know.
Andrew:  I agree.  Shall we change our clothes and get this party started?
12r pre party.jpg

12s cake.jpg

Andrew:  Well, whatís the verdict?  Did Daisy get the Loves the Outdoors trait?
Shari:  No, quite the opposite.  Her third trait is Squeamish.  That makes Aster the heir.
Andrew:  Squeamish!  How is that possible?  Daisy has been fishing since she was a child!  How can she be squeamish?
Shari:  Thatís the nature of the Random Trait Generator.  Are you upset that Daisy isnít the heir?
Andrew:  No, itís not that.  Aster will be a great heir.  I just think the Random Trait Generator is stupid, thatís all. 
12t heir talk.jpg

Suddenly, in the music roomÖ

Shari:  Noooooo!  Not Evelyn!  *sobs uncontrollably*
12u Evelyn1.jpg

12v Evelyn2.jpg

Shari:  I donít know what to say, Betsy.  I canít believe sheís really gone.
Betsy: Thank you for coming.  It means a lot.
12w family.jpg

Shari: Of course, dear.  Would you like me to place her headstone next to your fatherís?
Betsy:  Would you?  I donít think I could do it.
12x graves.jpg

Watcher's note:  I hate to end this on such a sad note, but that's really the way it happened.  Poor Evelyn died just after Daisy and Fig's party ended.  Next time, there will be a festival, a wedding, and no death.  Promise.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2018, 02:21:22 AM »
Oh no, Evelyn! She felt so much part of the family. :'(

And I agree that the random trait generator shouldn't have picked squeamish for a fisher. Is it the legacy generator?

Congrats on Aster for the heir title! Now, Wendy third trait is unique, right?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »
Evelyn has been such a great character.  It's sad to see her go.  Glad that her house will still be occupied for another generation or two at least.
I was sad that Daisy didn't end up as the heir, but I do rather think Aster and Wendy are adorable together more than I thought Daisy and Aster were, so it was a win either way  ;=)
Looking forward to more of your delightful tale!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
Oof, that's a sad loss... And a very odd spin around of the random trait generator. Good thing so much fishing already got done, I guess?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.† My sims are all here.
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
Oh, so sad about Evelyn.  She will be missed.  That random trait generator certainly makes choices we'd never make otherwise, doesn't it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:28 PM »
Previous update:
Congrats to Shari on maxing that career!
Is the suit Aster wears for his birthday party a Maxis default? If yes, I've tried that one so many times but the jacket looks too flared at the bottom.
The suit looks great, however, on Aster.
How fortunate that Betsy and Lamar have both a boy and girl.

Latest update:
I love Andrew's portraits of the children--each posed at the same spot but at a different time of day. Breathtaking, really!
Congrats on completing the fishing collection already! The whole family is doing so well with their aspirations.
I've never used the Exemplar succession law, but I'm glad Aster has been chosen heir. That Wendy is seriously curvaceous. Plus she's an art-loving Perfectionist?
How funny that Daichi came barefoot. That's a first for me, haha. Lucky for the Behrs that their fishing collection is done!
Rest in peace, wonderful Evelyn. Who will be Shari's confidant now?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
Oh no, Evelyn! She felt so much part of the family. :'(
And I agree that the random trait generator shouldn't have picked squeamish for a fisher. Is it the legacy generator?
Congrats on Aster for the heir title! Now, Wendy third trait is unique, right?
I've been using the trait generator that is included in Hilee's legacy spreadsheet.  For the next generation, I may switch to the one on Pinstar's website.  I did some sample rolls with some of my other sims (from other files) and the Pinstar trait generator seemed to do a better job of taking into account the parents' traits. 
Wendy did get three unique traits.  She's an art lover, materialistic, and perfectionist.

Evelyn has been such a great character.  It's sad to see her go.  Glad that her house will still be occupied for another generation or two at least.
I was sad that Daisy didn't end up as the heir, but I do rather think Aster and Wendy are adorable together more than I thought Daisy and Aster were, so it was a win either way  ;=)
Looking forward to more of your delightful tale!
I'm glad you are happy with the heir outcome!  I didn't have a favorite between Aster and Daisy, but I agree that Wendy seemed to fit in with the household more naturally than Daichi.  Funny how that happens.

Oof, that's a sad loss... And a very odd spin around of the random trait generator. Good thing so much fishing already got done, I guess?
I was quite surprised to roll squeamish for Daisy!  I had planned on doing Outdoor Enthusiast with her eventually, but I guess that won't happen now.  Oh well.  Lots more generations still to go so someone will get it done.

Oh, so sad about Evelyn.  She will be missed.  That random trait generator certainly makes choices we'd never make otherwise, doesn't it?
Daisy's trait was certainly a shock.  The randomness keeps the game interesting at least, right?

Previous update:
Congrats to Shari on maxing that career!
Is the suit Aster wears for his birthday party a Maxis default? If yes, I've tried that one so many times but the jacket looks too flared at the bottom.
The suit looks great, however, on Aster.
How fortunate that Betsy and Lamar have both a boy and girl.

Latest update:
I love Andrew's portraits of the children--each posed at the same spot but at a different time of day. Breathtaking, really!
Congrats on completing the fishing collection already! The whole family is doing so well with their aspirations.
I've never used the Exemplar succession law, but I'm glad Aster has been chosen heir. That Wendy is seriously curvaceous. Plus she's an art-loving Perfectionist?
How funny that Daichi came barefoot. That's a first for me, haha. Lucky for the Behrs that their fishing collection is done!
Rest in peace, wonderful Evelyn. Who will be Shari's confidant now?
I checked, and Aster's suit is labeled as coming from the Get Together expansion.  It's the same one Andrew wore in white as his wedding outfit.  It looks kind of bulky on most of the guys, but Aster has a super thin waist so nothing looks bulky on him.

Thanks for the compliment on the kid's portraits!  I'd like to say that I planned for them to all be painted at different times of day, but it was just a happy accident.  I believe Andrew painted them one after another on a day off. 

Daichi's outfit's were certainly interesting.  His formal attire was just fine, but everything else was a mess.  If Daisy had become heir, I would have taken more time with his makeover and changed his hair, too, but I had already rolled Fig and Daisy's traits by then so I knew.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Changes (July 22)
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
Big Changes

Shari:  As the heir, itís up to you to run the household now, but I hope you will always take care of your brother and sister.
Aster:  Of course, Mama!  My siblings will always have a home here.  That is, unless they choose to move out and start families of their own.
13a heir.jpg

Fig:  Hey Evie!  Let me tell you about the grilled cheesed sandwich I just ate!
Evie:  OkayÖwas there any other reason you invited me over?
Fig: UmmÖwould you like to come in and try a grilled cheese sandwich?
Evie: *sigh* Sure, that would great.
13b Fig.jpg

Daisy:  I know you are the outdoorsy type, Daichi.  Does it bother you that Iím squeamish now?
Daichi:  Of course not!  You know they say opposites attract, right?  I meanÖthat isÖuhÖ?
13c Daisy.jpg
Daisy:  Oh, are youÖwas thatÖflirting?  How is it possible?  Are you a young adult already? 
Daichi:  Yeah.  We must have the same birthday.  Convenient, isnít it?
Daisy:  It sure is.  *bats eyelashes*
13d Daichi.jpg

Aster:  Hey lovebirds.  Iím taking Wendy to the Romance Festival.  Wanna tag along?
Daisy:  Yes!  We should ask Fig and Evie if they want to go, too.
Evie: (from across the room) Weíd love too!
13e Aster.jpg

Unfortunately for Evie Delgato, she has to work and is unable to join the group at the Romance Festival.  Apparently, she is a mixologist.  Fig orders a plate of Pufferfish Nigiri to learn the recipe, then goes home.  Aster, Wendy, Daisy, and Daichi remain at the festival.

Aster: Do you like the tea, Wendy?  Should I try it?
Wendy:  It tastes likeÖcherries.  You should definitely try it.
13f tea.jpg

Daisy:  We should try it, too.  We canít let them have all the fun.
Daichi:  I already drank mine.  Should I have another cup?
13g tea2.jpg

Daisy:  What is my romantic destiny, oh wise guru?
Guru:  *dramatically* Your true love is closer than you think.
13h guru.jpg

Daisy: *squeals* I think she means you, Daichi!
Daichi:  I think she means me, too!
Daisy:  Will you be my boyfriend?
Daichi:  Will I?
Guru:  I must be getting soft.  Usually I like to mess with people.
13i boyfriend.jpg

Meanwhile, this was happening:

13j kiss.jpg

13k proposal.jpg

13l yes.jpg

Wendy:  Shall we get married right here at the festival?
Aster:  I think my mother would kill us if we eloped, but weíll have the wedding very soon.  I promise.

The next day, as promised:

Aster:  And I will love you and honor you and buy you all the pretty things until death do us part.
13m ring.jpg

13n confetti.jpg

Andrew:  They seem happy.  Are you at all worried that her Materialistic trait and his Ambitious trait will make themÖI donít knowÖ too shallow, perhaps?
Shari:  Not at all, I think they have big dreams and everything they do for the Legacy will be on a grand scale.
13o cake.jpg

Andrew:  I have to admit itís nice to be on the sidelines for a change.
Shari:  Yes, itís up to them now.  Our hard work is mostly done.
13p side.jpg

Evie:  Iím really sorry I had to work last night, Fig.  You look really handsome in that top hat.
Fig:  Thanks.
Evie: *Waits in vain for a return compliment*
Fig:  Would you like to play chess?
Evie: *sigh*   Sure.
13q Evie.jpg

After returning home:

Aster: Now that we are brothers-in-law, Daniel, I hope I can count on your vote in the next election.
Daniel: UhÖIím a teen so I donít know if Iím even eligible to vote, but okay!
13r Daniel vote.jpg

Shari:  Welcome to the family dear!
Wendy:  Thank you Mrs. Behr.
Shari:  Oh, please call me Shari or Mother or anything less formal than Mrs. Behr.
Wendy:  Would it be alright if I call you Mama Behr?
Shari:  *wipes a tear*   That would perfect, sweetheart.
13s hug.jpg

Aster: I hate to interrupt, but I just got a notice that the flea market is in town.  Would anyone like to go?
Shari:  You and Wendy go ahead; the rest of us will stay here.  Be sure and keep an eye out for collectables. 
13t snow globes.jpg
Wendy:  OooÖsnow globes!
Aster:  Well, I did vow to buy you all the pretty things.  Weíll take them all!

Note:  Iíll end this update with a short summary of everyone who is currently in the Legacy house.  I know itís hard to keep track sometimes so Iíll try to do this every now and then.  I have also started a family tree at Plumtree which you can view here although thereís not much to it yet. 

13u Shari Andrew.jpg
Shari Behr: Adult, 18 days to elder.  Reached level 10 of the Author-Writer career and has completed The Curator, Freelance Botanist, Bestselling Author, Fabulously Wealthy, Friend of the World, and Leader of the Pack.  Max Painting, Gardening, Writing, Cooking, and Piano skills.  Current aspiration is Successful Lineage.  For now, Shari will continue to work as an author, but she might eventually use up her vacation days and retire.
Andrew Franklin Behr:  Adult, 18 days to elder.  Reached level 10 of the Painter-Patron career and has completed Painter Extraordinaire and Musical Genius.  Max Painting, Violin, Piano, Handiness, Cooking, and Guitar.  Current aspiration is Big Happy Family.  He quit his Patron of the Arts job and is now Level 5 of the Art Critic career.

13v Aster.jpg
Aster Behr:  Young adult, Art Lover, Genius, Ambitious.  He is about $15,000 away from completing Fabulously Wealthy.  He will do Mansion Baron next.  Max Piano, Painting, Logic, Violin, Charisma, Fishing, Gardening, and Handiness.  Reached the top of the teen Manual Labor career.  Aster is currently a level 6 Politician. 

13w Wendy.jpg
Wendy Morton Behr:  Young adult, Art Lover, Materialistic, Perfectionist.  She came to the house with the Angling Ace aspiration which will be easy to finish.  After that she will do Painter Extraordinaire because she will enter the Painting career-- Master of the Real branch. 

13x Daisy.jpg
Daisy Behr:  Young adult, Geek, Bookworm, Squeamish.  Completed the Curator and is now working on Freelance Botanist.  Max Violin and Piano.  She is in the Writer career and will do the Journalist branch.  Daisy will stay in the house at least until she maxes her career.  Romantic interest is Daichi Hayashi.

13y Fig.jpg
Fig Behr:  Young adult, Music Lover, Cheerful, Non-committal.  Completed Angling Ace and is now working on the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Max Piano, Violin, and Fishing.  Joined the Entertainer career and will do the Musician branch.  He will also stay in the house until he reaches the top of his career.   May or may not be romantically interested in Evie Delgato. 

Not in the legacy house: Daichi Hayashi and Daniel Morton (Wendyís brother) have been moved in with the elderly Caterina Lynx.

Current legacy points:
Family: 2 (Gen2 heir reached YA)
Creative: 2 (Gen1 portraits, single Sim complete 2 creative aspirations)
Fortune: 5 (about $620,000.)
Love: 2 (6 unique traits)
Knowledge: 6 (currently 48 max skills, includes toddler/childhood)
Nature:  4 (3 collections, all aspiration potions, all emotional paintings)
Food: 0 (havenít been watching this category, need to make notes)
Popularity: 2 (37 medal points)
Athletic: 7 (21 complete aspirations, includes childhood)
Deviance: 4 points (currently 6 potions of youth)
Extreme start: 1
Total:  35 points

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Oh, Fig, you really need to learn social cues.  Compliment that beautiful girl in front of you!!
Really enjoying the unique personalities of the kiddos and looking forward to reading about the ambitious and materialistic power couple  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »
Lol, Daichi has the hair with the pawprint shaved from the side!
And, wow, how can Fig not be interested in Evie? She's so pretty!

The everyday dress worn by Daisy and Wendy really accentuate their curves!
Loved Wendy's wedding dress. Aster and Wendy make a handsome couple!
Leave it to Andrew to find something to worry about, hehe. He's so cute that way.
Shari and Andrew have worked to build their legacy's foundation.
I'm looking forward to what the second generation brings!

With both an apocalypse challenge and legacy going, watcher, you are surely the mastress of career maxing!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
Such a wonderful update, sorry that I missed it until now. Wow, your household is coming along swimmingly. Wendy and Aster will be so good for each other. Daisy is such a sweetheart and lol, poor Fig needs be clued in before that pretty girl decides to move on. One again, your story feels like being wrapped in a warm hug and I love it. Keep up the good work.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »
Wonderfull updates.
And a nice status on the end of the last update.
Aster will be a great heir, he reminds me so off my Nathan.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »
Oh, Fig, you really need to learn social cues.  Compliment that beautiful girl in front of you!!
Really enjoying the unique personalities of the kiddos and looking forward to reading about the ambitious and materialistic power couple  ;=)
Fig is a little clueless, but not all the romances can be smooth sailing.  Right?  More of the ambitious power couple's plans coming up.  ;)

Lol, Daichi has the hair with the pawprint shaved from the side!
And, wow, how can Fig not be interested in Evie? She's so pretty!
The everyday dress worn by Daisy and Wendy really accentuate their curves!
Loved Wendy's wedding dress. Aster and Wendy make a handsome couple!
Leave it to Andrew to find something to worry about, hehe. He's so cute that way.
Shari and Andrew have worked to build their legacy's foundation.
I'm looking forward to what the second generation brings!
With both an apocalypse challenge and legacy going, watcher, you are surely the mastress of career maxing!
Fig is just clueless when it comes to Evie.  I agree that she's pretty, and I thought she looked great with Fig the first time I saw them together.
That particular dress you mentioned is one of the reasons I finally took the plunge and added a little cc to my game.  It's perfect for my current time period, and very flattering. 
I hope I'm not completely burned out on career maxing by the time I finish the AC and this legacy.  Normally, I prefer skill building and completing aspirations to leveling careers, but I've learned a lot and had to try some things that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise.

Such a wonderful update, sorry that I missed it until now. Wow, your household is coming along swimmingly. Wendy and Aster will be so good for each other. Daisy is such a sweetheart and lol, poor Fig needs be clued in before that pretty girl decides to move on. One again, your story feels like being wrapped in a warm hug and I love it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the sweet comment.  I think it's great how sympathetic everyone is toward dear Evie!

Wonderfull updates.
And a nice status on the end of the last update.
Aster will be a great heir, he reminds me so off my Nathan.
When Aster aged up to a teen, I immediately thought that he looked like another Sharebear. Turns out, it was your Nathan.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next generation.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Grand Scheme (Aug 6)
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2018, 11:20:22 PM »
A Grand Scheme

Wendy:  Thank you for keeping me company while I fish.  I hope this aspiration wonít take too long to complete.
Aster:  No need to thank me.  Thereís nothing Iíd rather do than spend time with my lovely bride.  And besides it gives us time to talk about our plans for the future.
14.1 fishing.jpg
Wendy: Oh, thatís true!  I have so many questions about the legacy.
Aster:  Ask away, my dear.

Later that dayÖ

Daisy: (thinking) It sure was nice of Aster to order some new seeds for the garden.  Most of our other plants have already been evolved to perfection. 
14.2 new plants.jpg

Fig: Hello Evie!  Are you here for our club meeting?
Evie:  Yes!  Your mother invited me to join.  She said there was room for me and Daichi, at least for now.  You donít mind, do you?
14.3 Fig Evie.jpg

Fig: Why would I mind?  In fact, thereís something important Iíve been meaning to ask you.
Evie: *hopefully* What is it Fig?
Fig:  I was wondering if you would be myÖ
Evie: Yes!!!
Fig: Öbest friend forever.
Evie:  Oh!  Right.  Of course. 
14.4 BFF.jpg
Evie: (to herself) Itís a start.

Early the next morningÖ

Aster:  Well, thatís it.  Iíve sold enough camping mascots to officially be called Fabulously Wealthy.  Now on to Mansion Baron, and thenÖ
14.5 Fab wealthy.jpg

Shari:  You did an excellent job on Wendyís portrait my dear.
Andrew:  Thank you.  I thought Aster might want to paint it himself, but he asked me to do it.  He wanted all the second generation portraits to be painted by me.
Shari:  How thoughtful!  He really is a sweet boy.
14.6 portrait.jpg

Wendy:  Youíre right, Fig!  These sandwiches you call Grilled Cheese are really good!
Fig:  Thank you, Wendy.  You obviously have impeccable taste.
Daisy:  I agree that Grilled Cheese sandwiches are good, I just donít know why you insist on eating them for breakfast.
14.7 talk1.jpg

Fig:  Grilled cheese can be eaten anytime, sis. 
Daisy:  I think itís weird.
Fig:  Well, Evie agrees with me.  Just the other day I was saying to herÖ
Daisy: Evie would agree with you about anythingÖ
Fig: Öthat we should have a national holiday to celebrateÖ*rambles on and totally misses Daisyís point*
14.8 talk2.jpg

That evening, after everyone returns from workÖ

Shari:  Congratulations on your promotion, son.  I see that you won the election by a landslide.
Aster:  Thank you, Mama!  Do you have a moment?  Iíd like to talk to you about my plans for the house and gardens before construction begins.
14.9 plans1.jpg

Shari:  Iíd love to hear your plans.  What sort of improvements do you have in mind?
Aster:  Well, we still have some rooms upstairs that need to be finished, and Iíd also like to do more with the gardens and outdoor space.
14.10 plans2.jpg
Shari:  That sounds wonderful.  The yard is pretty much a blank slate.  It could use some improving.  When will you start?
Aster:  Very soon.  But there is something else Wendy and I need to do first.     

Aster:  Wendy dearest, are you ready?
Wendy:  Ready as Iíll ever be.  Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?  Itís a big commitment.
14.11 adoption talk.jpg

Aster:  Of course it is!  Everything we do, weíre going to do in a big way!
Wendy:  Good answer!  Letís get going then.  We donít want to be late.
14.12 adoption talk2.jpg

Andrew: I wonder where Aster and Wendy are running off to in such a hurry at this late hour?
Shari:  I believe they are going to make us grandparents.
14.13 grandkid talk.jpg
Andrew: Wh-what did you sayÖ?
Shari:  That they are going to make us grandparents.
Andrew:  *shocked* Oh! ThatísÖumÖtoo much information really...
Shari: *laughing* Oh no!  Thatís not what I meant!  I mean, they are.  But theyíre notÖ! 
Andrew:  *mortified*  Are you trying to make me die of embarrassment?
Shari:  Adopting!  Andrew, theyíre adopting!
Andrew:  Oh?  Oh!
14.14 grandkid talk2.jpg

Shari:  Letís have a drink while we wait for them to return.  You look like you could use one.
Andrew:  Make mine a double.
14.15 doulbe.jpg

Speaking of doubleÖ

14.16 confetti.jpg

Aster:  A boy and a girl!  Just what we wanted!
Wendy:  They are absolutely perfect.  What shall we name them?
14.17 nooboos.jpg
Aster: HmmÖI think they should have strong, classical names.  What do you think of ĎApolloí for our son?
Wendy:  I like it.  And in that case, his sister should be Artemis.  Werenít Apollo and Artemis twins in Greek mythology?
Aster:  I believe you are correct, my dear.   Apollo and Artemis, welcome home.

Watcherís note:  I have no idea why Aster changed into his formal wear before picking up Artemis to feed her.  My sims do crazy things sometimes.  *eyeroll*

Daisy:  Good morning Betsy!  Itís nice to see you.  Did you come to meet the new additions to our household?
Betsy:  Yes, I hear congratulations are in order. Did you recently become an aunt?
Daisy:  Indeed.  I have both a niece and a nephew.  Would you like to come inside and see them?
14.18 laundry.jpg

Betsy:  Arenít they just adorable at this age?  Does it make you want to have one of your own, Daisy?
Daisy:  Eh, not really.  Theyíre sweet when theyíre sleeping, but otherwise thereís a lot of crying and changing diapers.  And I do NOT like the diapers.
14.19 Betsy.jpg

Shari:  Well, my dear, how do you like being a grandparent?
Andrew:  Itís wonderful!  And is it safe to say that we can expect to be grandparents many times over?  If Aster and Wendy chose to adopt right away, surely that means they are thinking of trying for ten children.
14.20 grandparents.jpg

Shari:  Yes, I believe thatís one of their reasons for adopting.  Thereís also the fact that Wendy and her brother are orphans.  I think adoption is something thatís near and dear to Wendyís heart.  I only hope she and Aster have enough time to have the big family they want.  The house is already full, and Daisy and Fig are just starting their careers.  It will be a while before anyone moves out.
Andrew:  Iím pretty sure our son and daughter-in-law have already thought of that.  Take a closer look at those books theyíve been pouring over.
14.21 vampire lore.jpg
Shari:  Well that explains a lot!  I should have known they would have a plan.

14.22 Vlad door.jpg

More notes:
This will be my first time completing the vampire aspirations so wish me luck!  I got the vampire pack when I started this legacy and I've been anxious to experiment with it more.
Adopted kids will be named after gods and goddesses.  Natural born children will have names inspired by nature (in keeping with the "loves the outdoors" exemplar trait).

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:49 PM »
House update:

Hereís a few pictures of the house after Aster completed Mansion Baron.

The biggest changes to the house are on the outside.
House outside.jpg
On the far left, the outhouse has been replaced by a guest house.  On the far right, there is a telescope and microscope.  On the house itself, Aster added a covered patio on the right, and thereís an uncovered section in the back.  The landscaping is still a work in progress, but itís getting there.

On the top floor, there are four large bedrooms.
House upstairs.jpg
 The two bedrooms at the back of the house share a jack-n-jill bath.  The bedroom on the left is Figís and the one on the right belongs to Daisy.  Either of the front bedrooms can serve as a master since they each have their own bath.  Shari and Andrew use the front, right bedroom.   The front, left bedroom is currently unoccupied.  It will probably be repurposed as a kidís bedroom soon. 

The main floorÖ
House main.jpg
The blue lines show the approximate size and location of the original house.  The red lines show the expansion that occurred in the Fish and Frogs update.  Aster added a new art studio in the back, left corner (the old one was upstairs) and extended the deck that now wraps around the back and right side of the house.

Finally, the basement has been expanded quite at bit.  Aster and Wendy have their own area down here.
House basement.jpg
Iím happy with their bathroom and bedroom, but Iím not entirely satisfied with their living area.  I wanted to leave them enough space for vampire sparring matches, but it looks a little too empty right now.
The right side of the basement level holds the familyís collectibles, potions, portraits, etc.  There is no door connecting it to the left side so hopefully everything will remain safe in there.  Someday Iíll make it prettier for screenshots.