Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73554 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Dog, Little Dog (Nov 19)
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »
Well, at least Hypnos saved his watcher the agony over wondering whether to keep him or not, LOL!
Hess will be safe! If I'm not mistaken, she works at the same place as the Chef career, so she'll be mixing drinks at a restaurant rather than some seedy watering hole.
Teen Linden has the facial shape of Grandpa Andrew, it seems to me.
It's great to see all the Behrs thriving!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Dog, Little Dog (Nov 19)
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
Well, at least Hypnos saved his watcher the agony over wondering whether to keep him or not, LOL!
Hess will be safe! If I'm not mistaken, she works at the same place as the Chef career, so she'll be mixing drinks at a restaurant rather than some seedy watering hole.
Teen Linden has the facial shape of Grandpa Andrew, it seems to me.
It's great to see all the Behrs thriving!
Haha!  Yeah, I didn't have to think too hard about Hypnos leaving.  Also, Hess was definitely a keeper since she rolled a new aspiration. 
You are very observant when it comes to sims' genetics!  It took me awhile to figure out who Linden looked like, but you are right- it's Andrew.  I finally realized it when Linden was talking to Andrew's ghost one night.  I even took screenshots because their similarities were so striking.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Birthday Surprise (Nov 21)
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
Big Birthday Surprise

Fig:  Hello Aster!  What brings you by?
Aster:  Just checking on my favorite brother.  How have you been?
Fig:  You mean you are checking on me because I’m an elder now, right?
Aster:  That’s part of it.  How did you become an elder before Daisy anyway?
Fig:  Daisy and I each drank a Potion of Youth before we moved out.  Since Evie and I got married before Daisy and Daichi, I ended up being just a few days older.
Aster:  Hmm…well, I’m calling a club meeting as soon as I get home. 
Fig:  I expected that.

Back at the house…

Laurel:  Woah!  That was fun, but now what do I do?  I’ve just finished all my childhood aspirations.

Wendy:  Now you can work on adult skills, Laurel.  Would you like to go fishing with me?
Laurel:  Sure, Mother.  I like fishing.
Wendy:  I’ve always liked it, too.
Laurel:  What do we do with all the fish we catch?
Wendy:  We turn them into plasma packs, mostly.

Linden:  Thank you for reading with me, Father.  Your Patriarch trait really helps.
Aster:  I’m happy to help, son.  It’s nice to just sit and read for a change.

Wendy:  How are you doing on that Friend of the Animals aspiration, Hermes? 
Hermes:  I’m trying my best to finish it, Mother, but I’m having some problems.  I can’t Feel the Love with an animal unless it is in a happy mood, but all the dogs and cats around here—including Link and Belle—seem to be sick.
Wendy:  Can you cure them with wellness treats?
Hermes:  Yes, but there is a problem with those.  I’ve since learned that wellness treats make pets uncomfortable for four days.
Wendy:  That doesn’t make sense!
Hermes:  I know!  Unfortunately, I can’t find any way around it.  I’ve been constantly on the lookout for strays that aren’t sick.  I managed to find one this morning.

The following evening…

Wendy:  Has anyone seen Laurel?
Laurel: (calls out) I’m in the basement, Mother!  I just accidentally maxed the pet training skill while playing fetch with Belle!
Wendy:  Oh!  I didn’t even know that children could learn the pet training skill.
Laurel:  Me neither!

Linden:  Thank you for mentoring me in fitness, Father.  May I ask, why is it so dark in here?
Aster:  I don’t know.  This room doesn’t get used very often.  I’ll have to install some of those new electric lights in here.  I had the whole house wired for electricity recently and we’ve been slowly replacing the candles.
Linden:  Sounds good.
Aster:  Yeah, now stop yakking and concentrate on keeping your guard up.
Linden:  Yes sir!

Aster:  That’s enough fitness training for now.  Even though it’s dark, let’s go outside and work on your handiness.
Linden:  Okay.  Hey…do you hear that music?
Aster: What music?
Linden:  It sounds kind of…ominous.
Aster:  Uh…yeah…just finish this sculpture then go inside. 

Fig: Did you hear that?  It sounds like…oh…it’s for me.
Hermes:  Huh?

Hermes:  Uncle Fig!  *sobs*  Noooo!  Somebody help me!  Where is everyone?  Mother?  Father?
Grim:  C’mon, boy.  It’s not like this was unexpected.  Why do you think your family club has been active for the last two days straight? 

Aster:  *runs up and hands Hermes a moodlet solver*  Here, son.  Drink this. 
Grim:  Good evening, Aster.
Aster:  Hello Grim.  If you’ll excuse me, I need to go check on the rest of the family.
Grim:  Of course.
Hermes:  I feel so much better!

Aster:  Come visit us often, buddy.  I won’t even mind if you mess with the plumbing.  In fact, Linden needs handiness skill so break whatever you want.

The following day…

Random Lady:  Hello little girl!  Do you like fishing?  I could give you some pointers, if you like.
Laurel:  Thank you, ma’am, but I already maxed the fishing skill.  I’m just catching fish for plasma packs.
Random Lady: *stares*   

Linden:  I appreciate the vampire training, Mother, but why are we doing this at the top of the stairs?
Wendy:  Why not?  You must be able to concentrate at all times.

Hermes:  Finally!  It took a lot longer than I expected, but I completed Friend of the Animals!

Hestia:  If I get my cooking and mixology skills high enough, maybe I can throw a dinner party for Laurel’s birthday.

Linden:  Happy Birthday, little sis!  Are you excited?
Laurel:  I’m kind of nervous.  What if I get a bad trait?
Linden: Aww…don’t worry.  I have a feeling that you’ll get a very good trait.

Laurel:  I’m so nervous, Mother!  May I blow out my candles now even though the guests haven’t arrived yet?
Wendy:  Go ahead, honey.  Hess is catering a dinner party for you so blowing out the candles isn’t a party goal anyway.

Nike:  The food is delicious, Hess.  You should cater parties more often.
Hestia:  Thank you.  Mixology is my passion, but I enjoy cooking, too.
Apollo:  It’s a shame Laurel, Linden, Mother and Father are all vampires.  They can’t eat any of this.  By the way, where did everyone go?
Hestia:  Didn’t you hear the news?  They are all in a flutter because Laurel got the Loves Outdoors trait.
Apollo and Nike:  What?!

In the other room…

Linden:  Congratulations sis!  I knew you’d get a good trait!
Laurel:  Thank you, but it’s not completely decided yet.  Is it?
Aster:  That’s true.  If Linden gets the Loves Outdoors trait as a young adult, then he will be heir.  Otherwise, Laurel, it will be you.
Linden:  Can’t I just give it to her now?  I really don’t mind being the spare.
Wendy:  That’s admirable, Linden, but we have to go by the rules.

Wendy:  Before I forget to ask, Laurel, what is your aspiration?
Laurel:  It was Mansion Baron which auto-completed. 
Wendy:  What did you choose next?
Laurel:  Outdoor Enthusiast.
Aster:  That’s my girl!  As soon as you earn an A in high school, we’ll take a family trip to Granite Falls.
Wendy:  In that case, both Linden and Laurel should start their homework.

After Wendy and Aster leave…

Laurel:  I didn’t have the heart to tell Mother and Father that I’ll have to cure my vampirism in order to complete Outdoor Enthusiast.
Linden:  I’ll bet they already know.  I guess technically you could cook the plates of beetles and sleep in a tent as a vampire, but it wouldn’t be easy.  Plus, you’d need to earn sunlight resistance. 
Laurel:  Outdoor Enthusiast is hard enough.  I don't want to be a vampire on top of it.  Do you think they’ll be disappointed?
Linden:  Not at all!  Father already told me I could cure my vampirism if I wanted.  In fact, when you do it, I will too. I miss eating real food.

Hermes:  Hey little sister!  Since you are the next heir, may I ask your opinion about something?
Laurel: Umm…I’m not the heir yet.  If Linden…
Hermes:  Yeah, whatever you say.  Here’s my question.  I’ve been trying to think of ways to be useful. Now that I’ve maxed some skills and completed a difficult aspiration, do you think I should get a job?
Laurel:  I guess you could do the other branch of the business career since Apollo didn’t finish it.
Hermes:  Spoken like a true heir!
Laurel:  You flatter me.  *goes back to her book*    

Notes:  At this point, Linden and Laurel are both teens in game so even I don’t know if Laurel is definitely the heir.  According to the Exemplar rule, if two or more potential heirs get the exemplar trait, then the eldest is named heir.  Therefore, if Linden gets Loves Outdoors as a young adult, he will be heir.  If he gets any other trait, Laurel will be heir.  I have not rolled traits ahead of time for my two heir candidates.  Also, @dontmindme asked a question about this very scenario and may possibly be psychic!

About the wellness treats:  Hermes was able to cure any sick animal with wellness treats, however, use it with extreme caution!  There is a known glitch that causes the wellness treat to give a pet a 4-day uncomfortable mood.  I didn’t know this ahead of time, but it happened with both Link and Belle (and a few strays until I figured it out).  This makes the wellness treats basically useless if you are trying to complete Friend of the Animals because you can’t Feel the Love with an uncomfortable cat or dog.  I don’t think either of the recent patches have solved this problem.

Hermes had the most success with the following strategy:  He would meet an animal on the beach and interact with it until they were friends.  If the pet wandered off (and it usually did), I’d have Hermes return home and invite the animal to hang out at the current lot.  Then, Hermes would spam friendly socials until Feel the Love came up as an option.  When they were on the home lot, Hermes could feed them, give baths, play, ask them to potty, pamper on the couch, etc.—anything to get the pet in a happy mood.  It sounds easier than it actually was, because so many pets in my world were sick.

Current household:
Aster and Wendy: YA vampires
Hermes: YA
Hestia: teen
Linden, Laurel: teen vampires
Link and Belle: adult dogs

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »
Poor Fig! When music was mentioned, I'd immediately assumed that Fig's lifelong wish of being abducted would come true at last! :(
Rest in peace, Fig. Andrew has been waiting for you.

Great news about Lauren rolling the Loves the Outdoors trait! What suspense until Linden's young adult birthday!
Congrats to Hermes on completing Friends of the Animals. That is a time-consuming aspiration, isn't it? *blows celebratory horn
Thank you for the collage of Linden and Andrew's ghost!

Go, Laurel! There's still charisma, video gaming, violin, and piano. Or have you already maxed those? ;D
I never knew a child could max Pet Training! Thanks for sharing your various tips this update!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
Lol, darn right I'm psychic :P Congrats to Laurel for being the first to roll the Exemplar trait. She's also super pretty, I think she looks a lot like Wendy while Linden takes after Andrew (not a bad thing at all). That dress is amazing on her. Oh, no, Fig!! My poor alien baby. RIP. Hey, Hermes, good job on that Pet Aspiration. Great perseverance, kiddo. Also, Hess is such a great sport, cooking all that food even though most of her family can't/won't eat it. Can't wait to see more of the Behrs.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »
Poor Fig! When music was mentioned, I'd immediately assumed that Fig's lifelong wish of being abducted would come true at last! :(
Rest in peace, Fig. Andrew has been waiting for you.
Great news about Lauren rolling the Loves the Outdoors trait! What suspense until Linden's young adult birthday!
Congrats to Hermes on completing Friends of the Animals. That is a time-consuming aspiration, isn't it? *blows celebratory horn
Thank you for the collage of Linden and Andrew's ghost!
Go, Laurel! There's still charisma, video gaming, violin, and piano. Or have you already maxed those? ;D
I never knew a child could max Pet Training! Thanks for sharing your various tips this update!
Poor Fig was never abducted by the aliens.  I like to think he made peace with that, though.  Fig has a been a frequent visitor as a ghost, which is nice.  In the beginning, I like seeing the ghosts although I might change my mind about that later in the legacy.

Laurel getting Loves Outdoors as a teen was a pleasant surprise!  Since neither Aster nor Wendy has it, I was worried that I might lose the trait completely.  In this case, randomness worked in Laurel's favor.

I'm so glad to be done with Friend of the Animals.  This is the first time I've ever completed that aspiration, and I don't think I'll do it again anytime soon!  ;)

Lol, darn right I'm psychic :P Congrats to Laurel for being the first to roll the Exemplar trait. She's also super pretty, I think she looks a lot like Wendy while Linden takes after Andrew (not a bad thing at all). That dress is amazing on her. Oh, no, Fig!! My poor alien baby. RIP. Hey, Hermes, good job on that Pet Aspiration. Great perseverance, kiddo. Also, Hess is such a great sport, cooking all that food even though most of her family can't/won't eat it. Can't wait to see more of the Behrs.
I'll gladly give you credit for being psychic!  I'm so happy that Laurel rolled Loves Outdoors.  You are right, she looks a lot like her mother (Wendy) from the front.  If you see her profile, she looks like her grandmother (Shari). 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Big Outdoors (Nov 23)
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
The Big Outdoors

Wendy:  How was your first day of high school, Laurel?
Laurel:  It was easier than I expected, actually.  My teacher already gave me an A.
Wendy:  That’s wonderful!  Shall we pack our bags for Granite Falls, then?
Laurel:  I’d love to, but there is one thing I need to take care of first.  I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like to cure my vampirism. 
Wendy:  Oh, of course!  I was getting ahead of myself.
Aster:  I’ll mix the cure for you and your brother.  And don’t worry, Laurel, your mother and I were expecting this.
Laurel:  You’re not disappointed?
Wendy:  Not at all!  Just because our goals and aspirations required being vampires doesn’t mean the same is true for you.

Laurel:  Are you ready for this?
Linden:  Yep.  On the count of three…

Laurel: One…
Linden:  Two…
Together:  Three!

Wendy:  Well, kids, this is Granite Falls!  The last time your father and I were here, Hess was a baby, I was pregnant with Linden, and Laurel was just a twinkle in our eyes!
Aster:  And now the three of you are teens.  Where does the time go?
Laurel:  Hey, where is Hermes?
Wendy:  He stayed home to take care of the dogs, and he didn’t want to use up any of his vacation days.

Aster:  What would you like to do first, Laurel?
Laurel:  Well, none of the plants are ready to harvest yet.  I guess I’ll go catch five fish.

Linden:  I’m going to learn how to carve the camping mascot.

Hestia:  I’m going to make breakfast for everyone.  This kitchen is amazing!

Wendy:  I’m going to talk to this bear and make sure it stays away from our campsite.
Bear:  What?  But I’m a friendly bear! 
Wendy:  As long as you don’t scare my family, we’ll get along just fine.

Aster:  Now that the sun is coming up, what is your plan for the rest of the day?
Laurel:  First, I need to harvest some wild plants.  Then I can look for the path to the Hermit’s place.

Aster:  Sounds good.  Is there anything your Mother and I can do to help?
Laurel:  If you could try to catch some bugs, that would be great.

Laurel:  This must be the bramble patch…

Aster:  Hello there!  Are you the Hermit of Granite Falls?  I must say, you are much younger than I expected.
Hermit:  *flattered*  Oh, well…thank you.  Please make yourself at home.

Aster:  That’s very kind of you.  Would it be alright if we pitch our tent and set up our portable shower?
Hermit:  Be my guest!  Most folks sleep in my bed without even asking.  It’s very thoughtful of you to bring a tent.
Aster:  We like to be good guests.

Laurel:  Hello, Mr. Hermit.  I see you’ve met my father.
Hermit:  Yes, he’s a very nice man.  Are you the daughter with the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration?
Laurel:  That’s me.

Hermit:  Your family is far more considerate than most who visit me.  Feel free to use my fire to cook your beetles.  And you may cook up some herbal remedies on my grill.
Laurel:  Thank you!  I will.

The next day, the family returns home…

Daisy:  How was the trip to Granite Falls?  Did Laurel complete her aspiration?
Aster:  Not quite.  She made good progress, but she got stuck on the step which requires identifying all the herbs.  Even though Laurel has all ten in her inventory, only seven of them are registering.  We came home to try and figure it out.
Daisy:  That’s unfortunate, but I’m sure you’ll get to the bottom of it.
Aster:  The other reason we came home is because it’s Hess’s birthday.  She wants to have a dinner party and we can’t do that on vacation.

Laurel:  I can’t believe you are letting Ares cater your party, Hess!
Hestia:  Unfortunately, I couldn’t host and cater the party at the same time.  I made my own cake and some chicken stir fry before letting Ares in the kitchen, though.  *smiles*

Laurel: That’s a wise plan.  Hey…where’s Father?
Hestia:  He said something about investigating a strange light.
Laurel:  Oh no!

Aster:  I’m back!  What did I miss?
Wendy:  I was just saying how nice it is to have six of our children all here together for Hess’s birthday.

Daisy:  These fizzy, fruity drinks are wonderful!  Did you make them Hess?
Hestia:  Yes!  Thank you, Aunt Daisy.  Mixing drinks is my passion.
Daisy:  Well, then, what are you waiting for?  Go ahead and join the culinary career!

Hestia:  I got the job!  It’s a shame my schedule starts with three days off, though.

Daisy:  And how are you doing Hermes?  I heard you started a new job, too.
Hermes:  I did!  I joined the business career.  I even got a promotion while the family was on vacation.
Daisy:  That’s wonderful!
Hermes:  Thanks, Aunt Daisy! 

Aster:  Well, my dear, it seems we have a few days before we return to Granite Falls.  Would you like to go on a date with your husband and start the Soulmate aspiration?
Wendy:  I thought you’d never ask!

Notes:  When I cured Laurel and Linden of vampirism, they both re-set to day 1 teens.  That means they will become young adults on the same day.  The next update will include their birthday (and reveal the gen3 heir). 

Also, I finally got Seasons during the Black Friday sale. Yay!  Next update will be half before and half after installing Seasons.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
I love Laurel's new striped dress and it seems Hestia has a new dress as well.
"Someone's" collection of cc is very slowly expanding.  ;)

About "Identify 10 plants," Hess needs to use the "Identify plant" action for each type for that goal to check off.
if Hess checks her personal inventory, she may find that she has some labelled "Unidentified plant."
If I recall correctly, if a sim has the herb already, harvesting a new one will make that "identified."
Or, it may stay at the bottom of the stack as "Unidentified." I can remember which and I'm not playing lately.
I usually move all the herbs from my OE sim to other sims before arriving in Granite Falls.
Of course, if her aspiration goal is just glitching, there's always that cheat she can use later.

So lucky for you that Hestia rolled the Master Mixologist aspiration rather Master Chef. ;D
And yeah, I will not ever being doing Friend of the Animals again unless it's a random roll. Ugh.

Yay, for you getting Seasons!
Hope you have time to return to GF, if necessary, before summer ends.
The house is looking great, too!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
The striped dress is very cute! It's interesting to see this aspiration being worked on, since I've never really played with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the double birthday has in store.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:28 AM »
I love Laurel's new striped dress and it seems Hestia has a new dress as well.
"Someone's" collection of cc is very slowly expanding.  ;)

About "Identify 10 plants," Hess needs to use the "Identify plant" action for each type for that goal to check off.
if Hess checks her personal inventory, she may find that she has some labelled "Unidentified plant."
If I recall correctly, if a sim has the herb already, harvesting a new one will make that "identified."
Or, it may stay at the bottom of the stack as "Unidentified." I can remember which and I'm not playing lately.
I usually move all the herbs from my OE sim to other sims before arriving in Granite Falls.
Of course, if her aspiration goal is just glitching, there's always that cheat she can use later.

So lucky for you that Hestia rolled the Master Mixologist aspiration rather Master Chef. ;D
And yeah, I will not ever being doing Friend of the Animals again unless it's a random roll. Ugh.

Yay, for you getting Seasons!
Hope you have time to return to GF, if necessary, before summer ends.
The house is looking great, too!
Yeah, my collection of cc keeps growing.  Funny how that happens.  It's too bad that Get Famous didn't come out sooner.  There's some nice new clothing in that expansion which I could have used for my first generation.  Oh well.  There's always the new Tech Dynasty Challenge.   ;)

For Laurel's second trip to Granite Falls, I finally got smart and removed all the herbs from her inventory.  That made it easy to see the three she hadn't identified.  I didn't mind going back a second time, though, as a change of scenery is always nice.  Luckily, I got that part done before installing Seasons.

The striped dress is very cute! It's interesting to see this aspiration being worked on, since I've never really played with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the double birthday has in store.
That's two votes in favor of Laurel's striped dress.   :)   Double birthday coming up, right after I list my cc sources (which I guess I should have done in the last update). 

Here it is:

Hess's green dress (and Laurel has a version of it somewhere in her outfits) is "The Schoolmistress" by Retropixels
Wendy and several others have added the "Daisy Edwardian dress" by Historical Sims Life.
And Laurel's striped dress is actually a recoloring of that same dress by HSL.  The recoloring was done by Dyo.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The End of an Era (Nov 26)
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2018, 01:06:38 AM »
The End of an Era

Linden:  Thanks for mentoring me in writing, Aunt Daisy.  I really appreciate your guidance.
Daisy:  I’m happy to help.  Are you considering a career in journalism?
Linden:  Sort of…I hope to be a food critic someday.

Hestia:  This new cupcake machine is the best, Mother.  Would you like to try a cupcake or a tart?
Wendy:  No thank you, honey.  I haven’t had human food in ages.  It’s nice to see you putting the machine to good use, but perhaps you should not sample so many of the sweets yourself.
Hestia:  Don’t be silly, Mother.  I have to sample them to make sure they are good.
Wendy:  Yes, but if you eat too many…well, never mind.  I’ll leave you to it.  I have to meet your father for a date.
Hestia:  A date?  Why do married people need to go on dates?
Wendy:  For soulmates, of course!

Aster:  Are you ready for seven gold-medal dates in a row, my dearest?
Wendy:  I thought only the last three dates were required to be gold.
Aster:  True, but we never do anything halfway. 

Wendy:  In that case, I am ready to be swept off my feet.

Daisy:  I really hate to interrupt the dating montage, but I think it’s time…

Grim:  Oh geez…even the butler and the pets came to grieve this time!  Now I feel like a real heel.

Aster:  You were the best sister a guy could have.  I recovered Daichi’s headstone for you and I hope you like the flowers.  They are the closest thing to daisies that I could find for now.  Please tell Fig that I’m sorry I couldn’t recover Evie’s urn.  It seems to have vanished. 

Laurel:  Why are we back in Granite Falls, Father?
Aster:  I thought we could all use a change of scenery after your aunt Daisy’s death.  Also, you still need to finish your Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration.
Hestia:  I don’t think the change of scenery is working.  Now I’m sad and homesick.
Wendy:  Why don’t you kids all get a good night’s sleep and we’ll start fresh in the morning.

The next day…

Hestia:  Mother was right, I feel so much better this morning.  I wonder how Laurel is doing?

Laurel:  Okay.  I emptied all the herbs out of my inventory so I’ll know which ones I still need to identify.  Hmm…this is noxious elderberry.

Laurel:  I can’t believe I was missing chamomile and toxic chamomile!

Laurel:  Now I just need to catch some bugs and we can all go home.

Meanwhile:

Wendy:  Congratulations on catching that mountain lionfish, Hess.  Those are rare!
Hestia:  I can’t believe I’m the one who caught it.  My fishing skill is only level 3!

Back at home…

Aster:  We would love to participate in your Positivity Challenge, Miss Holiday.  But we are a little confused; we were expecting someone named Millie Bobby Brown.
Jasmine Holiday:  I’m just as confused as you are.

Aster:  Is this a challenge or an aspiration?
Wendy:  Maybe both?  And look…gifts!

Laurel:  Now I just have to sleep in a tent for five nights.  It seems silly to set it up inside a locked room, but the dogs kept waking me up when I tried sleeping outdoors.

Aster:  There is another reason you should do your tent sleeping indoors.  My Farmers’ Almanac predicts that the decades of perfect weather we have experienced will be coming to an end soon.  I’ve built a greenhouse for many of the plants in preparation.
Laurel:  Ooo…the trees are so pretty!  Mother used to read me a book about seasons when I was little.  I thought it was just a fairytale.
Aster:  Seasons are real, and they’re here.

Aster:  I also ordered a beehive.  You should probably go ahead and start bonding with the bees.
Laurel:  Uh…sure.  I wonder how I’m supposed to do that?

A few days later…

Hypnos:  Hey, Hermes.  Mother said you wanted to talk to me?
Hermes:  Yeah, I have a favor to ask.  Today is Linden and Laurel’s birthday party which means one of them will officially take over the legacy from Father.
Hypnos:  I know, but what does that have to do with us?
Hermes:  Well…I can’t help but feel guilty that I’m taking up three spots in the house right now with me and my two dogs.  The new heir will have to find a spouse and then there will be children; they will need that space.  I’d like to reach the top of my career before I move out, but I don’t want to be in the way.
Hypnos:  That’s understandable, but how can I help?
Hermes:  If you could take Belle home with you, that would free up enough space for the heir’s spouse.  Then, Link and I can join you after I get my last two promotions at work.
Hypnos:  Sure!  Why didn’t you just say so?  I’d be happy to take Belle.

At the party…

Aster:  Before we go in for your party, I’d like the two of you to meet the Faust twins.  They are neighbors that your Mother and I have been meaning to introduce you to.

Elektra:  So…Linden…were you named after a tree?
Linden: Um…yes, actually.  You see, my grandmother loved the outdoors and she…
Elektra:  Yeah…I was just trying to make a joke.  Most people think my name is unusual so I like to turn that around and tease them about their common names.  For instance, if I meet someone named John, I’ll ask them if they were named after an outhouse.  Get it?
Linden:  Uh…okay.  Well if you are interested in names, perhaps you’d like to meet my brother, Hermes.  He was named after a Greek god. 
Elektra:  Oh! I can see why! 
Linden:  *mutters*  Feeling pretty awkward right now.  Guess I’ll just go blow out the candles on my cake.

Linden (thinks to himself):  I know what I’m not going to wish for…
Laurel:  Don’t tell me your third trait until after I go.

Linden:  Hey sis!  I knew it’d be you.
Laurel:  Are you okay with this?
Linden:  I’m more than okay.  This is the way it was meant to be.

Linden adds Ambitious (like Aster) to Creative and Perfectionist.  Laurel adds Perfectionist (like Wendy) to Art Lover and Loves the Outdoors

Shari:  Congratulations, Laurel dear!  You are officially an heir.
Laurel:  I hope I make you proud, Grandmama Behr.  I’m afraid I don’t know what I’m doing.
Shari:  Oh honey!  I didn’t have a clue what I was doing when I started this whole thing.
Aster:  You’ll do great, Laurel.  And you’ll have Linden and Hess to help you, just like I had Daisy and Fig.

At home, after the party…

Hestia:  I don’t know why everyone was worried about the weather changing.  So far, I think it’s great.
Laurel:  Yeah, it got a little colder, but we’ve only had a few rain showers. 
Hestia:  I hope it snows soon.  None of us have ever seen snow.  Oh, and by the way, congratulations on being officially named the heir.
Laurel:  Thanks.  Tomorrow I’ll have to get a job and start making plans, but today I just want to enjoy this perfect day.
Hestia:  Amen to that!

Notes:  Laurel needs to sleep in a tent for 2 more nights to complete Outdoor Enthusiast (her 2nd aspiration).  Linden is currently working on Freelance Botanist (his 4th aspiration).

I added the Fausts to the game as teens a while ago.  They kept their Loves Outdoors and Foodie traits, and the game randomly assigned them a young adult trait.  Jaxton got Ambitious, which is a unique trait (for spouses, anyway).  Elektra got Materialistic, which is not unique.  Ironically, materialistic was the Fausts’ original third trait.

I had Aster and Wendy go meet Jaxton/Elektra while they were still teens, but that part got cut from the story.  Linden and Laurel met them at the birthday party and learned their traits.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:43 AM »
Go, Laurel! She is so close to finishing Outdoor Enthusiast now!
Great timing, watcher, for installing the Seasons content.
Hestia's doing a great job, too! Love the new greenhouse!

I loved seeing the Fausts dressed in period outfits. It's so interesting how the same sims end up looking so different in different legacies.
Did Jaxton end up with three unique traits? How nice that he shares Laurel's Loves the Outdoors trait!
That little exchange between Elektra and Hermes was awfully cute!

Rest in peace, Daisy. You were a devoted mentor until the very end!
Hope you continue to enjoy Seasons, watcher! ;D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »
Yay, Laurel, congrats, sweetie! I love all the preparation and care you're putting into this legacy, from readying everyone for the new weather to progressing the timelines. Wow do the Faust twins look elegant, who knew those hooligans could clean up so pretty. Can't wait to see where this dynasty will go, good luck!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
Go, Laurel! She is so close to finishing Outdoor Enthusiast now!
Great timing, watcher, for installing the Seasons content.
Hestia's doing a great job, too! Love the new greenhouse!

I loved seeing the Fausts dressed in period outfits. It's so interesting how the same sims end up looking so different in different legacies.
Did Jaxton end up with three unique traits? How nice that he shares Laurel's Loves the Outdoors trait!
That little exchange between Elektra and Hermes was awfully cute!

Rest in peace, Daisy. You were a devoted mentor until the very end!
Hope you continue to enjoy Seasons, watcher! ;D
  I'm glad the timing worked out for Laurel to get most of Outdoor Enthusiast done before I installed Seasons.  This generation is going to knock out some of the harder aspirations (in my opinion) with Hermes's Friend of the Animals, Laurel's Outdoor Enthusiast, and Jax's upcoming Public Enemy. 

To answer your question about Jax, yes, he does have three unique traits!  I put the Fausts in as teens so they could keep their Loves Outdoors and Foodie traits (which I knew were unique for my legacy spouses) and had the game generate a young adult trait.  Luckily, Jax got Ambitious which is unique.  (Andrew was unflirty, neat, bookworm and Wendy is materialistic, art lover, perfectionist.)

Daisy really was a good mentor.  If I hadn't been going for 10 kids, I would have kept her in the house. 

Yay, Laurel, congrats, sweetie! I love all the preparation and care you're putting into this legacy, from readying everyone for the new weather to progressing the timelines. Wow do the Faust twins look elegant, who knew those hooligans could clean up so pretty. Can't wait to see where this dynasty will go, good luck!
Thanks!  Isn't it funny how the same sims can look completely different with a new haircut and clothes?  You'll be seeing more of both Fausts soon.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Recipe for Success (Dec 4)
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »

Recipe for Success

Hestia:  How did your interview at the restaurant go, Laurel?  Did you get the job?
Laurel:  Yes!  Thanks again for putting in a good word for me.
Hestia:  Don’t mention it.  What about Linden?  Did he decide on a career?
Laurel:  He wants to be a Food Critic.  He was hired by the local paper as a beat reporter.
Hestia:  That’s great!  We’re going to be the cooking generation!

Hestia:  Now that you’ve got a job, let’s talk about your love life.  Have you given any thought to who you’d like to be your primary spouse?
Laurel:  Hess!  You are worse than Mother and Father!
Hestia:  I’m a hopeless romantic, sis.  Since I don’t have any prospects of my own, I have to live vicariously through you. 
Laurel:  I’ve only been the heir for one day…
Hestia:  Fair enough.  However, I would like to point out that a certain Mr. Faust could not keep his eyes off you yesterday.

Laurel: *blushes*  He is handsome, and he does have three unique traits.
Hestia:  Aha!  So you were paying attention.
Laurel:  I’m not sure his sister liked me, though.  She didn’t say much.

Hestia:  I’m sure you can win over the sister if you want to, but let’s focus our attention on the brother.  What we need is an excuse for you to see him again.  I suggest we throw a dinner party, the sooner the better.
Laurel:  Okay, but could you invite a few other people as well?  I don’t want it to look too obvious.
Hestia:  Leave it all up to me!

Linden:  Hey Laurel!  Could you come bond with your bees or something?  I’m trying to plant some new seeds.

Laurel:  The bees are really quite docile once you get to know them.
Linden:  Easy for you to say!

Laurel:  By the way, Hess is throwing a dinner party tonight.  She’s inviting the Fausts and some of the McClures.
Linden: Great.  More awkward conversations.
Laurel:  What do you mean?
Linden:  Nothing.  I hope it goes well for you.

Wendy:  Well, that’s the positivity challenge completed.  On to the next thing.

Hestia (thinking): I got a promotion today and I get to throw a dinner party for Laurel.  Life is good.

Jaxton:  Shake a leg, Elektra.  We don’t want to be late for dinner.
Elektra:  *sigh*  They’ll probably seat me next to the baby-faced redhead when I’d rather sit next to the Greek god.
Jaxton:  You won’t sit next to anyone if you don’t come in.

Hermes:  Why is Laurel mixing drinks tonight?  I thought bartending was Hess’s thing.
Linden:  I dunno.  Hess stepped outside for a minute and hasn’t come back.

Hess:  Why me? Why now?  You guys have the worst timing!

Laurel (thinking): Where is Hess?  I need her to help me figure out what’s going on between Elektra, Hermes, and Linden.

Linden:  There you are, Hess!  Where have you been?
Hess:  Aliens.  So, what did I miss?  Are Laurel and Jaxton engaged yet?
Linden: *laughs* Not yet, but if your plan was to bring them together then it’s working perfectly.
Hess:  And what about you?  Does it bother you that Elektra seems to prefer Hermes?
Linden:  It bothers me, but not for the reason you think. 
Hess:  What is it then?
Linden:  I’ve just realized that Elektra is the only girl my age that I know who is not related to me.  I don’t really like her, but what if I never get the chance to like anyone? 
Hess:  Well, that’s a much easier problem to solve.  We just need to expand your horizons. 
Linden:  Shouldn’t we expand our horizons?  Or are you not interested in matchmaking for yourself?
Hess:  Hey, I’m a bartender.  I give advice, but I don’t necessarily take it.

Jaxton:  I’m curious, Laurel, why does everyone keep calling you an heir?  Is your family royalty?
Laurel:  No, we’re not royalty.  We’re a legacy family.  It means we live by certain rules…it’s kind of a long story.
Jaxton:  A long story that I’d love to hear…

The next morning…

Linden:  Congratulations on completing the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration, Laurel.  That is a big achievement!  Why do you look so sad?
Laurel:  Yet another friend has died.  I’ll feel better as soon as I get out of this room.

Laurel:  Ahh…there’s nothing like a nice, warm fire to cheer you up.
Linden:  Yeah, or you could take a look at this crazy jacket of mine.  That should make you laugh!
Laurel:  I didn’t want to say anything in case you actually liked it.  Is that your cold weather outfit?
Linden:  Apparently, it is.  I haven’t had a chance to use the closet yet because everyone has different work schedules.  I don’t want to risk making someone come home early.
Laurel:  Speaking of work schedules, we only have a one-hour window of time to have our grand meal for Harvestfest.
Linden:  Oh, that’s right!  Today is our first holiday!

Later that day…

Apollo (in the crazy blue suit):  Laurel, this grand meal is impeccable. 
Linden:  As an aspiring food critic, I give it five stars!
Laurel:  Thanks guys.  I only wish that Ares hadn’t decided to leave the table.  We could have had six sims eating at the same time.
Hestia:  You should have invited Jaxton.  He wouldn't leave the table.
Laurel:  There wasn’t time!  Ares and Apollo were already here.

Wendy:  There aren’t many Harvestfest traditions for us to participate in as vampires, are there?
Aster:  All we could do was decorate for the holiday and give thanks.  We still earned gold status anyway.

Hermes:  Woah, that was unexpected!  But hey, I maxed the veterinary skill so it’s all good. 

Hestia (to herself):  Okay, Hess, it’s time to admit that you’ve let yourself get too fat.  All these muffins and tarts aren’t doing you any good. *drinks insta-lean potion*  Oooo…I should have done that ages ago.

Author's note: If only it were that easy in real life!

Jaxton:  There are only a few hours left to celebrate Harvestfest.  Would you like to know what I am thankful for?
Laurel:  Is it the leftover turkey?

Jaxton:  The turkey is impeccable, as has already been mentioned, but that’s not it.  I’m most thankful that you invited me to join your household.  It was a pleasant surprise.
Laurel:  I’m not normally so impulsive.  This just feels right.
Jaxton:  It feels right to me, too.  Like destiny.

Laurel:  Mistletoe?
Jaxton:  Winterfest is the next big holiday after Harvestfest, you know.
Laurel:  Is it?  This whole holiday thing is still new to me.

Points update at the beginning of Gen 3: (corrected!)
Family         4pts (Gen3 heir is YA, Aster&Wendy had 10 kids)
Creative      3pts (need to memorialize Jaxton, Andrew completed 2 creative aspirations)
Fortune       9pts (3.55 million)
Love             3pts (9 unique traits)
Knowledge  9pts (161/144 skills)
Nature       5pts (7 collections, all emotional paintings, all reward potions)
Food           1pt (Hess got fat from family cooking, most of the rest will be earned by Gen3 soon)
Popularity  5pts (138 medal points)
Athletic       9pts (75 aspirations, 25/36 completed at least once)
Deviance    9pts (60 potion of youth)
Bonus         1pt (extreme start)
Total          58 points

anything