Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73539 times)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Sunny Side Up (Mar 16)
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
It's been good catching up! I feel you about pace, though my gameplay being kind of divorced from my narrative pace makes my concerns... Weird. Excited for new fashions time! They look great. (There is something very apt about Darwin completing a collection about birds after exploring. I'm sure he's learned a lot about finches or somesuch.)
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Sunny Side Up (Mar 16)
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2019, 10:36:34 AM »
It's been good catching up! I feel you about pace, though my gameplay being kind of divorced from my narrative pace makes my concerns... Weird. Excited for new fashions time! They look great. (There is something very apt about Darwin completing a collection about birds after exploring. I'm sure he's learned a lot about finches or somesuch.)

It's funny, Darwin must have been channeling his namesake because he's the first sim to ever complete the feather collection in any of my games. 

I'm pretty excited about the roaring twenties, myself.  And Darwin's intended spouse is perfect for it (not to spoil anything). 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Celebrations (Mar 25)
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
Celebrations

Laurel:  Now that we’re home, we need to talk about your wedding.
Hess:  It doesn’t need to be anything big.  In fact, Ali and I could just elope—
Laurel:  You are not eloping.  I’m throwing you a wedding.  It will have to be after Harvestfest, though.  You know we can’t hold events on holidays.
Hess:  Okay, but I insist we have the wedding here in the backyard.  I want to keep it simple.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Laurel:  Darwin…can you tell everyone that dinner is almost ready?

Darwin:  Sure, Momma.  Your timing is perfect.  I just finished writing my book to complete Archeology Scholar.

Laurel:  Let’s all say what we’re thankful for.  I’ll start.  I’m thankful for our family and that Darwin will soon be taking over the legacy.
Jax:  I’m thankful for your impeccable cooking, as always.
Hess:  I’m thankful that I’m getting married tomorrow.
Clara:  I’m thankful that I never have to go back to high school.
Darwin:  Mmhf…gwfuh…mornm.
Laurel:  Don’t talk with your mouth full, dear.

The next day…

Jax:  Can’t have cloudy weather for Hess’s wedding.

Laurel:  Thank you for fixing the weather, darling.  It turned into a beautiful day.
Jax:  You’re welcome.  Is the groom wearing green earrings?
Laurel:  Don't get me started.  There wasn't time to fix it.

*confetti*

Later that evening…

Laurel:  Before the newlyweds leave on their honeymoon, we need to celebrate Clara and Darwin’s young adult birthdays.  Clara, you’re up first.
Clara:  Don’t mind if I do…

Hess:  My little baby is all grown up.  Tell everyone what career you chose, Clara.
Clara:  I entered the athlete career.  I’m going to be a professional skater.

Clara is good, romantic, and family oriented.  She aged up with the responsible, good manners, and emotional control traits.  She is still working on the bodybuilder aspiration.

Laurel:  Now it’s your turn, Darwin.  Let your father and I get a front row seat for this.
Darwin:  Gosh, guys, it’s just a birthday.

Jax:  And now we have a doctor in the family.  I’m so proud.

Darwin Loves the Outdoors, is a Genius, and Ambitious.  He earned the responsible, good manners, emotional control, compassionate, and mediator upbringing traits.  He completed the Curator, Archeology Scholar, and Mansion Baron aspirations as a teen.  He’s working on Fabulously Wealthy and will do Jungle Explorer next.

Father Winter:  *mumble, grumble*  …stupid cowplant…*grumble*…should have a warning…

Jax:  *whispers*  I know he’s Clara’s father, but why is Father Winter here in his bathrobe?
Laurel:  *in a low voice* I’m not sure, but I think he may have tried to eat the cowplant’s cake and then taken a bath.
Linden: *thinking* We’re going to get coal for Winterfest.

Laurel:  Mr. Datta!  You returned!
Datta:  Of course, ma’am.  I’m sorry I had to leave suddenly while you were on vacation, but it was a family emergency.  I trust that my temporary replacement was satisfactory.
Laurel:  Oh, he was adequate, but we missed you.  I hope everything is alright with your family.
Datta:  Everything is fine now, ma’am.  Thank you for asking.
Laurel:  I’m so glad you’re back.
Datta:  It’s good to be back, ma’am.

Darwin’s first day of work…

Darwin:  Take this medicine and you’ll feel better, buddy.
Boy:  I don’t know if I trust you.

Darwin:  What brings you to the hospital Uncle Linden?
Linden:  I have three teenage girls.
Darwin:  Yes, but what’s wrong?
Linden:  I have three teenage girls.  I’m really just here for some peace and quiet.
Darwin:  I see.  I still have to bill you, though.
Linden: Fair enough.

Back at home…

Laurel:  Mother…Father…what a nice surprise!
Wendy:  It’s good to see you, dear.

Wendy: Did you get the gifts we sent for the kids’ birthdays?
Laurel:  Yes, and thank you for the fossil.  It was the last one we needed to complete the collection.
Wendy:  I know.

Darwin:  This one is definitely a fake.

Clara:  There you are, Darwin.  I’ve been looking all over for you.
Darwin:  Well, you found me.
Clara:  Why are you still authenticating artifacts?  I thought you finished that aspiration.
Darwin:  I did.  But now that I’m considered an expert, people send me stuff in the mail.

Clara:  They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Darwin:  Good thing my name’s not Jack.
Clara:  Very funny.  I’ll try another tactic.  As heir to a legacy and Brindleton Bay’s most eligible bachelor, it’s your duty to go out and meet people.
Darwin:  I’m pretty sure I’m Brindleton Bay’s only eligible bachelor.  Unfortunately, all the young women in this town are my cousins.
Clara:  That’s why we’re going to a nightclub in Willow Creek.

Darwin:  A nightclub?  That’s not really my scene.
Clara:  How do you know?  You’ve never been to one.  Now get your glad rags on and let’s have some fun.
Darwin:  Glad rags?
Clara:  Your party clothes!  For such a smart guy, you sure are a goof!

Darwin:  Okay, maybe this was a good idea after all.
Clara:  Told you so.

Points update at the beginning of Generation 4: 
(I’m still using the old system because there is some confusion about the Love category)

5   Family (4th heir is YA, had 10 kids in gen 2)
4   Creative (need to memorialize Darwin’s future spouse, single sim completed 2 creative aspirations)
10   Fortune (about $6.5 million)
3   Love (9 unique traits, Darwin is not married yet)
9   Knowledge (some skills are being saved for future generations—things like video gaming and rocket science)
9   Athletic  (some aspirations are being saved for future generations)
7   Nature (10 collections, 12 death types, all paintings and reward potions)
9    Food (everything except upgrading the most expensive fridge and stove)
6   Popularity ( 164 medal points, when I switch to new rules, this will be maxed)
10   Deviance (80+ potion of youth)
3   Bonus (extreme start, Darwin 5 upbringing traits, all family members gold status for legacy holiday)
75   Total

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Dating Scene (Mar 30)
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2019, 02:34:13 PM »
The Dating Scene

Laurel:  How was your night out, son?  Did you have fun?
Darwin:  It was much better than I expected.  Hey…you didn’t put Clara up to that, did you?
Laurel:  Not me.  It was all Clara’s idea.  I would like to know, though, whether you met any single young adults with three unique traits.  I suppose it’s probably too much to hope for…

Darwin:  Actually, I did meet someone.
Laurel:  Really?
Darwin:  Yeah, surprised me, too.  Her name is Maja and when we shook hands, it was like…magic.

Darwin:  The really crazy part is…I think she might actually like me.  But then Aunt Hess sat down with us which kind of killed the flirty vibe, at least for me.
Laurel:  Hess was there?
Darwin:  Yep.  And by the way, she sends her love.

Laurel:  Well, I'm sorry if Hess cramped your style.  Are you planning on seeing Maja again?
Darwin:  I hope so.  It’s funny, yesterday I wasn’t thinking about my social life at all, and today it’s all I’m thinking about.
Laurel:  You know what they say-- when you least expect it, expect it.
Darwin:  I guess that’s true.  Can I ask you something?  As one heir to another?
Laurel:  Of course, honey.
Darwin:  How do you know when you’re making the right decision?  I mean, things worked out great for you and Dad.  But Uncle Linden and Aunt Diya weren’t as happy, and Aunt Hess didn’t find someone until later in life.
Laurel:  The best advice I can give you is to trust your instincts.  And don’t worry too much about the legacy part; I’ve found that everything pretty much takes care of itself.

Darwin:  Thanks, Momma.  That’s good to know.  Now, can you do me a favor and make sure no extended family members show up on my date?
Laurel:  If only I had that kind of control.

Darwin:  Hey there, buddy.  What brings you here again?
Boy:  I had to sit next to a girl at school.  I prob’ly got cooties.
Darwin: Hmm…no cooties in here.  But just in case, do you know what prevents cooties?
Boy:  What?
Darwin:  Vegetables.

The next evening, at Chez Llama…

Maja:  This is a nice place.
Darwin:  Yeah, nice.  (thinking) Don’t say anything stupid, don’t say anything stupid, don’t say anything stupid…

Later, after the nervousness wears off…

Darwin:  Really!?  You’ve read my book?  I thought my parents were the only people who actually read it!
Maja:  Are you kidding me?  I couldn’t put it down!  I’m usually more interested in biology than archeology, but your theory about Mouseeosaurus teeth is simply fascinating.

Maja:  I don’t know how to pronounce any of this.  Is it French?  Greek?  Latin?
Darwin:  Beats me.  Let’s just point to a few things and see what they bring us.
Waiter:  That’s what most people do.

Maja:  How’s your…um…entrée?
Darwin:  It looks good, but I don’t know how to eat it.  Would it be rude to ask the waiter for a fork?
Maja:  Could you get one for me, too?

The next day…

Clara:  *in a sing-song voice* So…how was your date with Ma-ja?
Darwin:  It was great.  And there’s no reason for you to gloat.
Clara:  I have every reason to gloat.  You never would have met her if it wasn’t for me.

Clara:  Anyway, I’m glad you two hit it off.  Word around town is that Maja’s a bit of a party girl, but maybe opposites attract.
Darwin:  She prefers the word ‘socialite,’ and she’s not just interested in parties.  Maja is really smart.  She wants to be a botanist and—
Clara:  That’s great.  Hey, if she hosts any parties here, I hope she invites Magnus.  He’s cute.
Darwin:  As Magnus is her brother, I’m fairly certain Maja would invite him to just about any party she hosted.

Maja:  Whose portraits are those on the wall?  And were they actually vampires, or just painted that way?
Darwin:  Those are my grandparents.  And they were real vampires.   My mother and my Uncle Linden were born vampires, but they cured themselves as teens.

Maja:  That’s amazing!  Next, I suppose you’ll tell me that you have aliens in your family tree, too.
Darwin:  Three aliens.  If you hang around long enough, you’ll meet Great Uncle Fig’s ghost.  And I can introduce you to my cousins, Stella and Star, anytime.
Maja:  You’re kidding!
Darwin:  Not kidding.

Darwin:  Now that you know all about my crazy family history, will you…be my girlfriend?
Maja:  Yes!  Oh, and not because of your family.  I just really like you.

Darwin:  I really like you, too.

Clara:  Hi Maja.  You look dazed.  Is everything okay?
Maja:  I’m just really happy.  Darwin asked me to be his girlfriend and then he said I could move in if I wanted to so I could start working on skills and get a job and host parties for my aspiration.
Clara:  That’s a great idea!  You should have a dinner party.  And invite your brother, Magnus.

Laurel:  It’s nice to have proper dinner parties again.  If there’s anything you need, Maja, don’t hesitate to ask.
Maja:  Thank you, Mrs. Behr.  Everyone has been so nice.
Laurel:  Please, call me Laurel.  We’re very informal about names.  After dinner I’ll show you around the greenhouse.

Laurel:  Well, here it is.  We don’t have room for everything, but we have most of the essentials.  And we’ve got an established bee colony.  If you’re going to be spending a lot of time out here, you should probably start bonding with them.
Maja:  I think I’m really going to like it here.

A few days later…

Darwin:  I thought I’d find you out here.  How was your first day at work?
Maja:  It was incredibly easy.  All I had to do was harvest a few plants and I got a promotion. 
Darwin:  That’s great!  You’ll be a botanist in no time.
Maja:  Hey…aren’t you wearing a new work outfit?  Did you get promoted, too?
Darwin:  Yeah.  I’m now a registered nurse. 
Maja:  We should celebrate!  Since I earned a paycheck today, you have to let me take you out.

Darwin:  You chose the museum for our date?
Maja:  Since you completed the Archeology Scholar aspiration, I thought you’d like it.
Darwin:  It’s perfect!  *kisses hands*

Darwin:  Seriously, this is perfect.
Maja:  You said that already.
Darwin:  Want me to say it again?

Maja:  Let’s build a snowpal.
Darwin:  Sure, why not?

Darwin:  Well, the important thing is that we tried our best.
Maja:  I like her.  I think she’s whimsical.

Darwin:  Do you want to see if the lighthouse is open?  The view up there is amazing.
Maja:  Okay.

At the top…

Darwin:  I don’t have any fancy speech planned, but…Maja Jensen…will you marry me?
Maja: *gasp*

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Dating Scene (Mar 30)
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »
@BallerinaHippo, I wanted to let you know I have included Darwin the Gen4 Heirs in the Sharebear's ruleset.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Wedding (Apr 4)
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »
@BallerinaHippo, I wanted to let you know I have included Darwin the Gen4 Heirs in the Sharebear's ruleset.
Thank you!!!  :D

The Wedding

Laurel:  Come sit by the fire, Hess, and have a cup of tea. 
Hess:  Thank you, that sounds wonderful.  This freezing weather we’ve been having lately reminds me of our very first winter.  Do you remember that?
Laurel:  How could I forget?  Jax and I were married that winter.

Hess:  Oh, that’s right!  Funny how everything comes full circle.  Darwin and Maja were just married in the middle of winter, too.
Laurel:  At the same church that Jax and I were married in.

Hess:  I must congratulate you, sis.  You’ve got your son married to a wonderful girl, and it was a beautiful wedding.
Laurel:  I can’t take credit for any of it.  Darwin and Maja seem almost predestined for each other.  As for the wedding, Maja certainly knows how to throw a gold-medal event.

Hess:  I’m sure you must have helped some…
Laurel:  I did make the cake.

Hess:  They had quite a crowd at the reception.  Darwin and Maja must have a lot of friends.
Laurel:  They do, but I also think a few people wandered in off the street.  That tends to happen at public venues.  I doubt the gentleman in his bathing attire was an invited guest.
Hess:  I wondered about him!  I was worried he was going to freeze to death.
Laurel:  Jax offered to ask the man to leave, but the bride and groom said “the more the merrier.”  So we let the eccentric man stay.

Hess:  Do you think winter weddings will become a Behr family tradition?
Laurel:  I don’t know about that, but I’ll never forget returning home in the middle of a blizzard!
Hess:  Brrr…it makes me cold just thinking about it!

Some time later…

Darwin:  This is a perfect venue for Dad’s elder birthday!  Dad and Momma had their first date at this restaurant.
Maja:  Thanks!  Your mother told me.  I’ll go check on our table.

Linden:  It appears we are short one seat, Maja.  You go sit with the family.  I’ll just watch from over here.
Maja:  No, you take the seat.  I insist.  My brother seems to have joined us unexpectedly, making our party too big.

Linden:  Well, anyway, most everyone will stand up when Jax blows out his candles.

Jax: What do you think of the elder version of me?
Laurel:  You’re like a fine a wine.  You only get better with age.

The next day…

Maja:  I can’t believe I’m actually in Selvadorada, eating real Selvadoradian food.
Darwin:  I’m glad we finally had some days off together to travel.  I just wish we had more time. 
Jax:  I don’t remember there being so many bugs.  Were there always so many bugs?
Darwin:  Yes, Dad.

Maja:  It seems we’ve arrived during the rainy season.
Darwin:  At least we’ve escaped from the snow at home. 

Maja:  Oh dear!  I don’t think these are honeybees.

Maja:  Now I see why you told me to pack swimming attire.
Darwin:  You gotta be prepared for just about anything.

Laurel:  How are you doing with that crystal, son?
Darwin:  Pretty good.  I’ve almost got it refined.

Darwin:  Now I can assemble this relic.
Laurel:  Will you take a chance and activate it on yourself?
Darwin:  Not yet.  I only need to assemble it for this part of my aspiration.  Plus, I’ve currently got a blessing from exploring the temple so I can’t activate it.

Darwin:  Go ahead, Maja.  Open your first treasure chest.
Maja:  This is amazing!

Outside the temple…

Darwin: My parents decided to go home, but we’ve got a few hours left of our vacation.  What would you like to do?
Maja: I’m sure we can think of something…

Darwin:  Exploring the jungle is a lot more fun when you’re around.
Maja:  Don’t you forget it, Dr. Behr.

Upon returning home, Darwin must go almost immediately to work.  It’s a tight schedule, but his hard work pays off when he comes home with a promotion to level 7.  Darwin is now officially a doctor.

The next morning…

Darwin:  What’s the matter, doll?  You seem a little down.
Maja:  It’s just…I was hoping I would have some good news to share with you by now and…and I don’t.
Darwin:  What do you mean?  What kind of news?
Maja:  We’ve been married for a while and I was hoping…I mean, I thought that I would conceive by now, but…I haven’t.
Darwin:  Oh, honey, it’s much too soon to be worried.  These things take time—
Maja:  But you need an heir, and your parents probably want grandchildren and—
Darwin:  We’re still young, Maja.  We’ve got plenty of time.  You can’t put that kind of pressure on yourself.  I know it’s easier said than done, but the best thing you can do is relax. 
Maja:  I’ll try.  Talking about it helps.

Maja (thinking to herself):  Darwin is right.  I need to relax.  After all, I’ve got a great husband, a great job, a great life.

Maja:  And besides, trying for a baby is lots of fun.

Watcher’s notes:  Darwin completed Archeology Scholar as a teen; now he’s working on Jungle Explorer.  On top of that, Darwin is in an active career and Maja has a lot of parties she needs to throw for her aspiration.  It's a busy generation.

Darwin and Maja really did have to Try for Baby multiple times.  My Sharebears can’t use pregnancy tests yet (not until the 1960s) so I have to wait 24 sim-hours to see if a pregnancy try was successful. 

As for Darwin’s career, I’ve decided not to fret over the fact that he’s using some equipment that’s too modern for his time period.  I only let him use the computer at the hospital for work tasks.  Also, things like thermometers and x-ray machines were available in the 1920s—just not the versions that are used in the game.  There are other items like the surgery table that I consider to be unique to the Sims (along with huge microscopes, cowplants, and backyard observatories) that I don’t restrict the use of.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Baby Shower (Apr 6)
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2019, 11:20:26 AM »
The Baby Shower

Darwin:  Are you ready for your baby shower, my little momma-to-be?
Maja:  I am so ready.  This is one party I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.

Maja:  It’s really nice of your Aunt Hess to host the baby shower at her place.
Darwin:  She knows you need to attend parties at different venues, and she likes to help out.
Maja:  She and your mother did all the planning.  They wouldn’t even let me bake a cake!
Darwin:  You’re the honoree.  You’re not supposed to lift a finger.

Maja:  Toddler toys…thank you, Clara! 
Clara:  I hope your child will think of me as Aunt Clara, even though I’m technically Darwin’s cousin.
Maja:  I think that’s a pretty safe bet.

Maja:  Your mother thought it would be fun to bring a pink cake and a blue cake and see which one was eaten most.  Based on that, it looks like everyone thinks we’re having a girl.
Darwin:  I hate to go against popular opinion, but I think it’s a boy.

Darwin:  What’s our next party going to be?
Maja:  A black and white party.
Darwin:  What’s a black and white party?
Maja:  Well, we dress in black and white and we talk about things that are black and white.  Admittedly, it’s a little dull.

Darwin:  At least the party goals are easy.
Maja:  True.  And you can mentor me in logic.

Laurel (to no one in particular):  Why is that other butler back?  And why is he just randomly walking around in the snow?

A few days later…

Darwin:  Merry Winterfest, beautiful!
Maja:  Merry Winterfest to you!

Darwin:  I got you a little something…
Maja:  Rare seed packets!  Oh, Darwin, you really know the key to a botanist’s heart!

Jax:  I know Maja is good at throwing parties, but should she be cooking the entire Grand Meal by herself?  I mean, your mother completed the Master Chef aspiration, and…
Darwin:  Dad, with all due respect to Momma’s cooking, this is my wife’s first Winterfest and she’s nine months pregnant.  If she wants to cook the Grand Meal by herself, she’s cooking the Grand Meal by herself.
Laurel:  Listen to him, Jax.  We raised a smart boy.

Laurel:  Mmm…this ham smells delicious.
Jax: *whispers* I still prefer your cooking.
Laurel:  Hush.  She did an excellent job.

Clara:  You aren’t the real Father Winter.  You’re too skinny.  And your beard is blonde. 
Not Clement Frost:  Excuse me?

Clara:  The real Father Winter is my father and he—
Not Clement:  Oh…I see!  Look, I’m sorry, but there are a lot of homes to visit in just one night and some districts got reassigned.  This present is for you, from...um…your father.
Clara:  Daddy sent me a present?

Not Clement:  And these gifts are for the rest of your family.  Merry Winterfest!

The next day…

Darwin:  Momma, something happened at work today…I’m not sure if I should tell you or not, but it’s important.
Laurel:  Now you’ve got me worried.  What is it, son?
Darwin:  You know I sometimes see friends or family members at the hospital, and normally I would never mention it—a patient has a right to privacy—but in this case, it’s serious.

Darwin:  We had a code blue—that’s the code for a collapsed sim—and it was…it was Mr. Datta.
Laurel:  You mean, our butler Mr. Datta!

Darwin:  Yes. And again, I really shouldn’t be telling you this.  He’s got a chronic condition which may or may not be treatable depending on the severity of the case.  I performed surgery, and it was successful, but…
Laurel:  So that’s why the agency keeps sending that other butler!  Oh, I wish Mr. Datta would have told us!

Later that evening…

Laurel:  Congratulations on your promotion, Clara!
Clara:  Thank you!  My coach says if I continue to do well, I might have a shot at the Olympics.

Meanwhile…

Maja:  It was really nice of you to bring me to Chez Llama for a night out before the baby is born.  I feel a little awkward, though, with your Uncle Linden sitting next to us.  I know his wife passed away a while ago so I understand that he might want to date again.  But his date has a horrible rash.  It’s very distracting.
Darwin:  I can’t even look that direction or I’ll be too tempted to walk over there and prescribe medication.

Darwin:  We’ll take anything that doesn’t have a health warning for my wife, who is pregnant.  And I’ll have…you know what, just make it two of the same.

Sadly, Darwin and Maja never get their dinner.  The waitress drops their meal the first time and while waiting on replacements, Maja goes into labor!  The couple rushes home so that Maja can give birth to…

Maja:  A boy!  Darwin, you were right.  It’s a boy!
Darwin:  What should we name him?
Maja:  Well, your family traditionally does nature names, and I’m a botanist.  What do you think of Basil?
Darwin:  I like it.

Watcher’s Notes:  When Darwin and Maja took over, they made a few changes to the house.  The biggest change is that the downstairs nursery/toddler room is gone (sorry kids!) and has been replaced with a party room (let’s call it a ballroom).  It’s the room in the top right corner of the following pic.  The room in the bottom right corner used to have an inspired vibe and was filled with easels.  Now it’s Darwin’s office and has a focused vibe.  The other changes were just cosmetic updates to modernize things a bit—like new dining room and kitchen tables, new countertops, etc.   Toddlers and kids will get a room upstairs and nooboos will sleep in Mom and Dad’s room (in case you were wondering, which you probably weren’t).

Here’s a screenshot taken inside the ballroom.  If you try hard enough, you can almost imagine they are doing something like the Charleston.  Maybe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Baby Shower (Apr 6)
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2019, 12:11:07 PM »
I'm loving your story!  The baby shower was really great, and the way you are maintaining the historical aspect is really awesome and fun.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Work Hard, Play Harder (Apr 10)
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
I'm loving your story!  The baby shower was really great, and the way you are maintaining the historical aspect is really awesome and fun.
Thank you!  I really love how all the Sharebear legacies are so different.  I like reading everyone else's as much as I like playing my own.

Work Hard, Play Harder

Maja:  Are you sure he’ll be okay while we’re gone.
Darwin:  Sweetheart, we’ll only be gone for a day and my parents will take good care of him.
Maja:  I know…I guess I’m just a nervous new mother.
Darwin:  I don’t like to leave either, but it’s our only time off together this week. I need to make another trip to the jungle for my aspiration. 
Maja:  I’ll just check with your mother and make sure she knows Basil’s schedule.
Darwin:  We’ll be back for New Year’s Eve, I promise.

A few hours later…

Maja:  Okay, I’ll get through these vines while you concentrate on your aspiration.

Darwin:  The first thing I need to do is defend against two natural disasters.  Luckily, that didn’t take long.

Darwin:  Then, we’ve got time to get through one temple before we have to leave.

Upon returning home…

Darwin:  Is that who I think it is?  It is!  Our favorite butler is back.  And he’s taking care of Basil!
Maja:  Awww…now I see why your family likes that guy so much.

Maja:  Hello my precious nooboo.  Were you a good boy while we were gone?  Did you miss your Mommy and Daddy?

Darwin:  Hey, Clara, may I activate this relic on you?
Clara:  It’s not a curse, is it?
Darwin: Of course not!  I’ve done the research and it’s a good one.   I just can’t activate in on myself or Maja right now because we already have temple blessings.
Clara:  Extra simoleons!  Thanks Darwin! 

Maja:  C’mon everyone!  We’re celebrating New Year’s Eve by learning the new dance moves.
Darwin:  Dad?  Aunt Hess?  Are you joining us?
Jax:  Eh…I think the elderly folk are going to sit this one out.

Hess:  I don’t know…looks like fun.  Maybe next time we should join them.

Datta:  Hmph…I don’t think my temporary replacement cleaned this counter the entire time I was gone.

Very early the next morning…

Maja:  It’s Basil’s birthday!  I can’t wait to see who he looks like.

Darwin:  He looks like both of us!  He’s got your blonde hair and my green eyes.
Maja:  I know I’m biased, but he’s the cutest toddler I’ve ever seen.

Darwin:  I might have just enough time to authenticate this artifact before going to work.

Maja (thinking): Confetti?  That’s weird. Yesterday was New Year’s Eve.  Something about Darwin, maybe…oh!

Maja:  Sooo…you know how that cabin in Selvadorada had a romantic aura?
Darwin:  I remember…
Maja:  Yeah, well…um…it looks like Basil is getting a brother or a sister.  Really soon.
Darwin:  You’re pregnant?
Maja:  Yes!
Darwin:  That’s great!

Darwin:  I wish I didn’t have to rush off, but I need to shower before work.
Maja:  That’s okay.  You go earn those promotions.  The sooner the better.

At work it’s ‘punny’ name day…

Darwin:  Congratulations Ms. Corporis, you delivered a healthy baby.

Darwin:  I like your name, Humerous.  It’s very unique.
Humerous:  Thanks.  My brother’s name is Osteo.

Back at home…

Maja:  Darwin gave me some rare seeds for Winterfest and now that it’s Spring, I could plant them.  But maybe I should wait until I officially switch to the Freelance Botanist aspiration.  What do you think, Patchy?
Patchy:  …
Maja:  You’re right.  I should wait.

Jax:  Hey…did we just paint the same picture?
Laurel:  Great minds think alike.

Darwin:  Just one more promotion.  Then I can take a much-needed vacation.

Darwin:  Mr. Datta, I’m glad you are here.  Could I speak with you in the library for a moment?
Datta:  Of course, Dr. Behr.  Is something wrong?
Darwin:  No, not exactly.  I’m just concerned about your health.  I don’t wish to pry, but your illness…
Datta:  My illness is under control…at least for now.  I regret that I’ve had to take so much time off in the past few weeks.
Darwin:  That’s the thing.  I’m wondering if maybe you would be happier—and healthier—if you retired.  You’ve served this family faithfully for two and a half generations, but we don’t wish to work you to death.
Datta:  But, sir, I cannot quit.  My mother left me a small house, but I cannot maintain it without an income.

Darwin:  I’m not suggesting that you quit, and we would never turn you out on the street.  We think of you as family, Mr. Datta.  I’m suggesting that we allow you to retire—with full benefits.  Please consider this to be the first of your retirement payments.
Datta:  This is most generous!

Darwin:  I hope you’ll visit often and let us know how you are doing.
Datta:  Thank you, Dr. Behr.

Watcher's notes:  My game keeps switching butlers (and Father Winter) on me.  It seems to happen when I follow Darwin to work or when the family vacations in Selvadorada.  As much as I love Mr. Datta, the original butler, I was afraid he would get culled when I was not paying attention.  So I moved him into a house.  It's kind of a Catch 22.  Either I leave him 'not in world' and risk losing him randomly, or I put him in a house and let him die of old age.  I chose the latter.  I think it makes the most sense for the story. 

*edited to add*  I've finally updated the Behr family tree.  It can be viewed here .

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »
It does make more sense. It'll be a little sad to see him in a different role, but it could also be fun in a lot of ways. He could show up at all sorts of times, ha ha.  That's an adorable toddler you've got there, too.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »
It does make more sense. It'll be a little sad to see him in a different role, but it could also be fun in a lot of ways. He could show up at all sorts of times, ha ha.  That's an adorable toddler you've got there, too.
It was a tough decision, but in the end, I think having an immortal butler didn't really make sense.  And honestly, the family is outgrowing the need for a butler anyway.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Life of the Party (Apr 14)
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2019, 02:36:43 PM »
Life of the Party

Maja:  Remember, it’s your mother’s birthday tonight.  I plan on starting the party at eight.
Darwin:  I won’t be late.

Maja:  I just need a little more honey for the cake.  You guys don’t mind, do you?

Maja:  Before all the guests arrive, would you like to feel the baby?  He or she is pretty feisty today.
Laurel:  I’d love to!

Laurel:  Where is Basil?  Is he already in bed?
Maja:  Darwin is reading to him now.

Laurel:  Everything looks lovely, Maja.  It makes me almost forget that I’ll be an elder in a few short hours.
Maja:  Take your time, Momma Laurel.  I set this up as a dinner party so blowing out the candles is not a party goal.  You can wait until the very last minute.
Laurel:  You’ve thought of everything.
Jax:  In that case, I’ll have some leftover cake from the last party.

Maja:  Darwin, I don’t think this other butler is going to work out.  Not only is he helping himself to leftovers in the middle of a party, but he’s completely ignoring the flames coming out of the oven.

Darwin:  I agree.  I wanted to give the guy a chance.  However, Dad has been cleaning up the dishes because our hired help refuses to lift a finger.

Maja:  We’ll have to deal with the butler later.  Your mother just blew out her candles.

Jax:  Hello gorgeous!  Do you come here often?
Laurel:  You’re such a flatterer.

Darwin:  Congratulations on another successful party, my love. 
Maja:  Thank you.  I hope everyone had a good time.
Darwin:  I’m sure they did.

Darwin:  You look exhausted.  Let’s go upstairs and I’ll rub your shoulders before bed.
Maja:  That sounds wonderful.

The next morning…

Darwin:  I predict this baby will be born before the day is through.
Maja:  How can you tell?

Darwin:  You go put your feet up, I’ll take care of Basil today.

Maja:  I can’t rest yet.  I’ve got to throw a couple of parties today.  The more I get done before the baby is born, the better.

Maja:  I hate to complain, but that butler still isn’t helping.
Darwin:  This is the last straw!  We have no use for a lazy employee.
Advik:  Are you saying you no longer require my services?
Darwin:  What services?  I've never seen you perform any work around here! 

Darwin:  Whew!  That was intense.  Daddy needs to calm down.  Let’s play, buddy.
Basil: Play!

In the evening…

Jax:  What kind of party are we having now?
Laurel:  Maja called it a spooky party.  She said it’s like a masquerade—except instead of dancing, we have to carve pumpkins.

Laurel:  Where is your costume, Maja dear?
Maja:  I couldn’t find one that would fit my pregnant belly.

Darwin:  Okay, Basil, time for a bath.  Then, it’s off to bed.

Maja:  Darwin was right.  This baby is coming tonight!

Maja:  Ooooo…it hurts!  Why did I let you do this to me?
Darwin:  That’s just the pain talking, sweetheart.
Maja:  Don’t patronize me!

Maja:  It’s a girl!  Oh Darwin!  Look at this precious child we made together.
Darwin: *wisely says nothing and ignores all Maja’s comments made while in labor*

Jax:  Welcome to the family, baby Hazel.  I’m so glad I got to meet you.
Laurel:  I don’t like to hear you speak with such finality.
Jax:  I can’t help it.  I got my first notice from Grim today.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Partied Out (Apr 21)
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »
Partied Out

Jax:  Is that Maja’s portrait for the family gallery?
Laurel:  Yes.  We finally had a nice enough day for Maja to pose outside for me.

Speaking of Maja…

Maja:  At last!  I completed my aspiration.  I am all partied out.

Maja:  Now I can choose the Freelance Botanist aspiration and concentrate on my career.

Later…

Darwin:  I got the call about Aunt Hess while I was at work.   I’m really sorry, Momma.
Laurel:  Could you go collect her urn?  I don’t think I can do it.
Darwin:  I’ll take care of it.

Cousin Star:  I guess you’re here to collect Aunt Hess’s remains.
Darwin:  Yes.  We got here as soon as we could.
Maja:  Um, Darwin, something strange is happening with your cousin Stella.

Darwin:  Oh!  That is odd.  I’ve never witnessed an alien abduction while visiting another lot.
Maja:  That’s the odd part?

When it rains, it pours…

Darwin:  Oh no!  Dad…
Laurel: *weeps*

Jaxton Faust, you will be missed.  You were the first to complete the Public Enemy and Chief of Mischief aspirations and reached the top of the Criminal Boss career.  You may have been a tough-guy at work; but at home you were a loving husband, father, uncle, and grandfather.

Maja:  I hate to age Hazel up while the family is still in mourning. 
Darwin:  I know, but we’ve waited as long as we can. 

Maja:  I had a feeling she would be a redhead.  Now we have one of each.

Darwin:  So, are you content with two kids or would you like a larger family?
Maja:  Oh, I think we could try for at least one more.  *flirts*

A few days later…

Darwin:  Yeah!  Got my last promotion!

Maja:  Congratulations dear!
Darwin:  Thanks!  How was your day?
Maja:  It was good.  The new nanny we hired was a big help.  Basil seems to like her.

Maja:  And she listened patiently while Hazel tried to talk her ear off about the color yellow.

Darwin:  That’s great.  And how’s Momma doing?
Maja:  She’s still sad.  She refuses to take a moodlet solver, but I finally convinced her to come out of her room.  She spent most of the afternoon talking to Patchy.
Darwin:  Who is Patchy?
Maja:  The scarecrow.  He’s a really good listener.

Maja:  And I saved the best news for last!
Darwin:  Are you…?
Maja:  Yes!

The next day…

Maja:  Is everyone ready for a Flower Day Egg Hunt?
Darwin:  You’d better explain it to them.  I don’t think they know what to do. 

Maja:  The Flower Bunny hides eggs, and we get to find them.  Flowers are a good place to look because…well, he’s a Flower Bunny!

Basil and Hazel:  More eggs!  More eggs!
Maja:  That’s the spirit!

Darwin:  Look Basil!  The Flower Bunny wants to say hello.

Basil:  No!  Bunny too big! *cries*

Darwin:  Sorry about that, Mr. Bunny.  At least Hazel isn’t afraid of you.
Flower Bunny:  *shrugs*

Maja:  I’d say that was a successful Flower Day.  We completed the egg collection and the kids got a new toy.

Darwin:  It’s too bad Basil didn’t care for the Flower Bunny.
Maja:  I think maybe he was just tuckered out.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Partied Out (Apr 21)
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »
Wow, I like the idea of the holidays and the fun interactions you had with them, but I don't really want the weather issues ruining portraits and such!
Hazel is such a doll!!!  I mean, not that I'm partial to adorable redheads or anything, but I mean, she totally is a doll!!!  And she's not afraid of the Flower Bunny, so she's got my vote  ;=)
Loving the aesthetics you create with the costuming and social realities for the story.  It's such a wonderful story universe you've created!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Birthdays and Such (May 26)
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2019, 12:50:37 PM »
Wow, I like the idea of the holidays and the fun interactions you had with them, but I don't really want the weather issues ruining portraits and such!
Hazel is such a doll!!!  I mean, not that I'm partial to adorable redheads or anything, but I mean, she totally is a doll!!!  And she's not afraid of the Flower Bunny, so she's got my vote  ;=)
Loving the aesthetics you create with the costuming and social realities for the story.  It's such a wonderful story universe you've created!

It took me waaaaay too long to get Maja's portrait done.  Staging all the portraits outside seemed like a good idea in the beginning, but I didn't have Seasons then.  The weather machine is fully upgraded now so hopefully we're good for the future.  ;D

I have to agree with you that Hazel is a little doll.  I'm really quite surprised at how persistent the red hair has been.  All of Darwin and Maja's kids turned out cute IMHO.  Speaking of which, Maja was pregnant with #3 where I last left off.  She'd probably appreciate an update!

Birthdays and Such

Maja:  What are we going to do when we have a third one?  Where will we put all the beds?
Darwin:  We’ll make do somehow.  Besides, the new baby will sleep in our room at first.
Maja:  That’s true.  And Basil will be a child very soon.

Maja:  Your mother was a big help today with the kids.  I didn’t even have to hire a nanny while I worked. 

The following day…

Maja:  Happy birthday my handsome boy!
Basil:  Thanks Mom!

Laurel:  What is his childhood trait—if I may ask?
Maja:  Basil is outgoing, like me.  And his first aspiration is Social Butterfly.

Clara:  Basil isn’t the only one having a birthday today.  You and I have bubbling age bars, too.

Darwin:  Yeah, but we have the option of drinking a potion of youth.  Have you decided what you want to do?
Clara:  I’m drinking mine.  Why get older if we don’t have to?

Darwin:  Can’t argue with that.

Maja:  Basil is such a good big brother; he’s been entertaining Hazel all morning.

Darwin:  And earning his first scouting badge while he’s at it.

Maja:  It’s about time you had a friend, Bluebell.  Don’t you think?
Bluebell: *grins*

Hazel:  Daddy home! *tackles Darwin*
Darwin:  Hey baby girl!  Did you miss me?

Darwin:  Mr. Datta, I’m so glad you could come over.  How have you been?
Datta:  I’ve been doing well.  You were right—a little rest is just what I needed.

Darwin:  I was hoping you could help Basil with his Social Butterfly aspiration.  He needs to befriend another adult, and I can’t think of anyone better than you.
Datta:  It would be an honor, sir.

In the middle of the night…

Maja:  Darwin, it’s time!
Darwin:  What?  Baby?  Oh no!
Maja:  Why are you panicking now?  This is our third child.
Darwin:  I just realized we’re going to be outnumbered!

Maja:  It’s a boy!  Are you feeling better now, Darwin?
Darwin:  Yes, thank you.  I just needed to sit down.

Darwin:  *confidently*  Oh yeah, I can do this.  You just helped Daddy max his parenting skill, baby Kale.

A while later…

Maja:  I can’t believe I have to do this for work…

Maja:  Ugh!  No offense, Bluebell, but I am never doing that again.

Darwin:  I am very disappointed young lady!  We do not make messes.
Hazel:  *hangs head*

Maja:  Let’s get you cleaned up.  And no more paint in the house, okay?

Maja:  It was all worth it, Patchy!  I completed my aspiration and reached the top of my career today!

Darwin:  It’s time for another birthday.
Maja:  I can’t believe it.  Didn’t we just have him?
Darwin:  Seems like it.

Maja:  Another redhead!

Watcher's Notes:  It's been over a month since my last update (where does the time go?) so here's a quick recap of who's who in the legacy house:

Laurel: elder, Gen 3 heir
Darwin: YA, Gen 4 heir
Maja: YA, Gen 4 primary spouse
Clara: YA, Gen 4 cadet-- we'll hear more from her next time
Basil: child, Gen 5
Hazel: toddler, Gen 5
Kale: just turned toddler, Gen 5

All of the kids are eligible to be the Gen 5 heir.  I haven't played ahead much so even I don't know who the heir will be.